PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Relief (Volunteer Information) Garland, TX

IzzyFlexion
01-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Putting this in the football thread for both relevance and so that it is more likely to be seen.

I have registered with the city of Garland, Texas disaster relief effort. The website (link) below provides all of the information in term of what items this part of the Dallas area is in need of. As most of you probably know, Garland was one of the areas hardest hit by the late December tornadoes and unfortunately for that community, it is where the greatest loss of life occurred.

I did call the Garland Police Department and it was confirmed that this is both a legitimate website/organization and is the "go to" organization for volunteering both man-power and goods.

I've indicated via my registration that my intention is to provide a few hours of time on Thursday afternoon to help with debris removal. The Police Department assured me that my request would be responded to by tomorrow morning. They (The Recovers organization) will direct me as to what I can do and at what time on Thursday.

I'll update this info once a response is provided in order to let BV know what is needed in the event anyone wants to participate.

I'm planning (based on what they tell me) on going into Garland (Thurs.) at some point in the afternoon. If anyone wants to join me, I'll make sure that I provide info that might help us put a "throng" of Bison fans there together to provide whatever assistance we can.

Garland is about 27 miles southeast of Frisco and is easily accessible via the George Bush Turnpike.

Clearly, if you want to get involved, it doesn't have to be during that time period.

https://garlandtx.recovers.org/

Bison Gal
01-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Putting this in the football thread for both relevance and so that it is more likely to be seen.

I have registered with the city of Garland, Texas disaster relief effort. The website (link) below provides all of the information in term of what items this part of the Dallas area is in need of. As most of you probably know, Garland was one of the areas hardest hit by the late December tornadoes and unfortunately for that community, it is where the greatest loss of life occurred.

I did call the Garland Police Department and it was confirmed that this is both a legitimate website/organization and is the "go to" organization for volunteering both man-power and goods.

I've indicated via my registration that my intention is to provide a few hours of time on Thursday afternoon to help with debris removal. The Police Department assured me that my request would be responded to by tomorrow morning. They (The Recovers organization) will direct me as to what I can do and at what time on Thursday.

I'll update this info once a response is provided in order to let BV know what is needed in the event anyone wants to participate.

I'm planning (based on what they tell me) on going into Garland (Thurs.) at some point in the afternoon. If anyone wants to join me, I'll make sure that I provide info that might help us put a "throng" of Bison fans there together to provide whatever assistance we can.

Garland is about 27 miles southeast of Frisco and is easily accessible via the George Bush Turnpike.

Clearly, if you want to get involved, it doesn't have to be during that time period.

Thanks for info and effort, Izzy. We won't be in Frisco this year otherwise would join you. Hopefully others do.

wtffootballfan
01-05-2016, 11:08 PM

Already a thread for this.

Bisonator98
01-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Good job guys! Showing Bison Pride by helping out!

unbison
01-06-2016, 03:03 AM
Already a thread for this.

Do you know how pointless that post is!!!

And FYI IZZY YOU THE FUCKING MAN!

BlueBisonRock
01-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Izzy, You are the MAN! Thanks for showing the insight to also put this information into the football thread for greater visibility to the Bison masses. For those who are in TX, it may be appropriate to hold off on that first beer until the late afternoon after working up a sweat.

Again Brad, great leadership!

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2016, 05:11 AM
We'll be there at 12:30 - 1:00.
PM me if you want to come over there.
I'll respond with my cell number to tell you where I am.

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2016, 11:31 AM
OK.......................PM from bri-dog.

A standing Room Only game ticket (have enough for 1 each for 4 people) and a couple complimentary beers at tailgate for those that come over to Garland.

Thanks bri you effing stud!!!!

bri-dog
01-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Actually, I meant if someone affected by the tornado wants to have some "normalcy" for a few hours, but either way works... :)

mebisonII
01-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Cool thing to do, Izzy, and great offer, bri, thanks for doing that!