PDA

View Full Version : 2015-16 Bowl Season

Pages : [1] 2

Hammersmith
12-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Sun Bowl(CBS) in El Paso not looking all that sunny. Washington St should be feeling right at home. 20-14 WSU over Miami(FL) in the 4Q.

2015-16 Bowl Game Schedule

Saturday, 19 December
Celebration Bowl(SWAC/MEAC) NCAT 41 Alcorn St 34
New Mexico Bowl Arizona 45 New Mexico 37
Las Vegas Bowl Utah 35 BYU 28
Camellia Bowl App St 31 Ohio 29
Cure Bowl SJSU 27 Georgia St 16
New Orleans Bowl LU Tech 47 Arkansas St 28

Monday, 21 December
Miami Beach Bowl WKU 45 USF 35

Tuesday, 22 December
Potato Bowl Akron 23 Utah St 21
Boca Raton Bowl Toledo 32 Temple 17

Wednesday, 23 December
Poinsettia Bowl Boise St 55 NIU 7
GoDaddy Bowl GA Southern 58 Bowling Green 27

Thursday, 24 December
Bahamas Bowl WMU 45 MTSU 31
Hawai'i Bowl SDSU 42 Cincinnati 7

Saturday, 26 December
St. Petersburg Bowl Marshall 16 Connecticut 10
Sun Bowl WSU 20 Miami(FL) 14
Heart of Dallas Bowl Washington 44 So Miss 31
Pinstripe Bowl Duke 44 Indiana 41
Independence Bowl VA Tech 55 Tulsa 52
Foster Farms Bowl Nebraska 37 UCLA 29

Monday, 28 December
Military Bowl Pitt Navy 1:30 ESPN
Quick Lane Bowl CMU Minn 4:00 ESPN2

Tuesday, 29 December
Armed Forces Bowl Cal Air Force 1:00 ESPN
Russell Athletic Bowl UNC Baylor 4:30 ESPN
Arizona Bowl Nevada Colorado St 6:30 American Sports Network
Texas Bowl LSU Texas Tech 8:00 ESPN

Wednesday, 30 December
Birmingham Bowl Auburn Memphis 11:00 ESPN
Belk Bowl NC St Miss St 2:30 ESPN
Music City Bowl TAMU Louisville 6:00 ESPN
Holiday Bowl USC Wisconsin 9:30 ESPN

Thursday, 31 December
Peach Bowl Houston Florida St 11:00 ESPN
Orange Bowl(Semi) (1)Clemson (4)Oklahoma 3:00 ESPN
Cotton Bowl(Semi) (2)Alabama (3)Mich St 7:00 ESPN

Friday, 1 January
Outback Bowl Northwestern Tennessee 11:00 ESPN
Citrus Bowl Michigan Florida 12:00 ABC
Fiesta Bowl Notre Dame Ohio St 12:00 ESPN
Rose Bowl Stanford Iowa 4:00 ESPN
Sugar Bowl Oklahoma St Ole Miss 7:30 ESPN

Saturday, 2 January
TaxSlayer Bowl Penn St Georgia 11:00 ESPN
Liberty Bowl Kansas St Arkansas 2:20 ESPN
Alamo Bowl Oregon TCU 5:45 ESPN
Cactus Bowl WVU Arizona St 9:15 ESPN

Saturday, 9 January
FCS Championship NDSU Jax St 11:00 ESPN2

Monday, 11 January
FBS Championship TBD TBD 7:30 ESPN

NovaBison
12-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Snowing at the Sun Bowl! Nice!!!

Been watching parts of all these bowl games all day (all week for that matter), and thinking to myself: "is that all there is?" -- crowds are horrible, play is really marginal, nothing is really at stake... these bowl games do not provide a compelling reason to move up

56BISON73
12-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Snowing at the Sun Bowl! Nice!!!

Been watching parts of all these bowl games all day (all week for that matter), and thinking to myself: "is that all there is?" -- crowds are horrible, play is really marginal, nothing is really at stake... these bowl games do not provide a compelling reason to move up

Obviously you are forgetting the "boner" affect when you can claim your FBS.

NovaBison
12-26-2015, 11:04 PM

Forgot about that! LOL

Do these teams even play defense? Switching between Duke/Indiana and Va Tech/Tulsa...

Hammersmith
12-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Forgot about that! LOL

Do these teams even play defense? Switching between Duke/Indiana and Va Tech/Tulsa...

Duke going to lose another bowl game? Almost expect to see Indiana win on a 50+ yard FG.

56BISON73
12-26-2015, 11:07 PM
Forgot about that! LOL

What was that--50 points in the 1st Q?

aces1180
12-26-2015, 11:08 PM
Indiana needs to pull out their best fake here...

Hammersmith
12-26-2015, 11:08 PM
What was that--50 points in the 1st Q?

About as good as four timeouts around a single play in the Duke/Indiana game.

ndsubison1
12-26-2015, 11:17 PM
Some of these defenses are awful

El_Chapo
12-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Loving these games. Can't believe they can't review a field goal. Are they serious?

Marshall is 10-2 in bowl games. Very similar to ndsu watching them

I cant believe some of you podunks want to go back to frisco every freakin year to 34 degree weather and brown grass, when BisoNation could take 20,000 to Vegas or Florida or San Diego. Bowl committees would BEG to have a 7-4 or 8-3 NDSU team in thier city spending millions!

Christopher Moen
12-27-2015, 03:23 PM

Football "Bowl-Boner" Subdivision. With that said, count me out.

ndsubison1
12-28-2015, 12:54 AM
Loving these games. Can't believe they can't review a field goal. Are they serious?

Well they can review a field goal, just not if its above the uprights

ByeSonBusiness
12-28-2015, 01:20 AM

I love it too. Would be great to see NDSU play some of these teams.

Hammersmith
12-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Wanted something easy to keep track off, so edited the first post to include a list of all bowl games.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2015, 04:21 PM
So, one after another pud bowl game on ESPN. But, FCS title game on the deuce even though both teams would destroy many of the teams in the pud bowl games.

Explain, ESPN. Are FBS fans so dumb that they think MN/CMU are better teams than NDSU/JSU?

StL Bison Fan
12-28-2015, 05:08 PM
So, one after another pud bowl game on ESPN. But, FCS title game on the deuce even though both teams would destroy many of the teams in the pud bowl games.

Explain, ESPN. Are FBS fans so dumb that they think MN/CMU are better teams than NDSU/JSU?

Yes. They are FBS. Thats all they need to know.

ByeSonBusiness
12-28-2015, 05:19 PM

People also probably want to watch games that are against teams they know.

I'm sure the D2 title game had teams who were pretty good. I'd still rather watch some teams I'm somewhat familiar with.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes. They are FBS. Thats all they need to know.

So FBS fans are that dumb? Just making sure I understand. If so, my opinion of humanity has dropped a few more pegs.

NorthernBison
12-28-2015, 06:20 PM

MN is B1G. Something we will never be. Should be enlightening to see how a 5-7 MN does against CMU.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2015, 06:27 PM
MN is B1G. Something we will never be. Should be enlightening to see how a 5-7 MN does against CMU.

They will win, but NDSU would beat both; that is my point. Has nothing to do with if MN in in B1G or not. I'm tired of folks looking at a conference, a division, or whatever and thinking said team is better or worse than another for that very reason alone. Really started for me with the 2013 team as you knew that team was a legit top 25 team, and would have given a good game to anyone outside of probably the top 10.

BisonAccountant44
12-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Until this morning I legitimately thought the MN/CMU game was last Monday. The way I found out it was today is someone at work asked a Gopher season ticket holder if they were watching the game, and they had no idea what game they were talking about.

El_Chapo
12-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Gophers coming on in 2 hours. . Im still not happy that they kept dilly bar claeys as the coach. with no AD right now, they really didnt have a choice I guess.

Gophers should run over the chippewas 34-21 high scoring game.l

ndsubison1
12-28-2015, 07:21 PM
My honest assessment of how we would do vs bowl teams on a neutral field, assuming a 100% ready Wentz.

New Mexico W
Arizona W
Utah L
BYU W
App St W
Ohio W
SJSU W
Georgia St W
LU Tech W
Arkansas St W
WKU W
USF W
Akron W
Utah St W
Toledo L
Temple L
Boise St L
NIU W
GA Southern W
Bowling Green W
WMU W
MTSU W
SDSU L
Cincinnati W
Marshall W
Connecticut W
WSU L
Miami(FL) W
Washington W
So Miss W
Duke W
Indiana W
VA Tech W
Tulsa W
Nebraska W
UCLA L
Pitt W
Navy L
CMU W
Minn W
Cal W
Air Force W
UNC L
Baylor L
Nevada W
Colorado St W
LSU L
Texas Tech L
Auburn W
Memphis W
NC St W
Miss St L
TAMU W
Louisville W
USC L
Wisconsin L
Houston L
Florida St L
Clemson L
Oklahoma L
Alabama L
Mich St L
Northwestern W
Tennessee W
Michigan L
Florida W
Notre Dame L
Ohio St L
Stanford L
Iowa L
Oklahoma St L
Ole Miss L
Penn St W
Georgia W
Kansas St W
Arkansas L
Oregon L
TCU L
WVU W
Arizona St W
Jax St W

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2015, 07:26 PM
My honest assessment of how we would do vs bowl teams on a neutral field, assuming a 100% ready Wentz.

New Mexico W
Arizona W
Utah L
BYU W
App St W
Ohio W
SJSU W
Georgia St W
LU Tech W
Arkansas St W
WKU W
USF W
Akron W
Utah St W
Toledo L
Temple L
Boise St L
NIU W
GA Southern W
Bowling Green W
WMU W
MTSU W
SDSU L
Cincinnati W
Marshall W
Connecticut W
WSU L
Miami(FL) W
Washington W
So Miss W
Duke W
Indiana W
VA Tech W
Tulsa W
Nebraska W
UCLA L
Pitt W
Navy L
CMU W
Minn W
Cal W
Air Force W
UNC L
Baylor L (Loss vs top 2 QBs, think we would win vs their 3rd string who may start bowl game)
Nevada W
Colorado St W
LSU L
Texas Tech L
Auburn W
Memphis W
NC St W
Miss St L
TAMU W
Louisville W
USC L
Wisconsin L
Houston L
Florida St L
Clemson L
Oklahoma L
Alabama L
Mich St L
Northwestern W
Tennessee W
Michigan L
Florida W
Notre Dame L
Ohio St L
Stanford L
Iowa L
Oklahoma St L
Ole Miss L
Penn St W
Georgia W
Kansas St W
Arkansas L
Oregon L
TCU L
WVU W
Arizona St W
Jax St W

Reps on that; matches up pretty much with my thinking. I still think there are folks out there who think that just because NDSU is FCS that they can't play with these bowl teams, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

NorthernBison
12-28-2015, 07:32 PM
They will win, but NDSU would beat both; that is my point. Has nothing to do with if MN in in B1G or not. I'm tired of folks looking at a conference, a division, or whatever and thinking said team is better or worse than another for that very reason alone. Really started for me with the 2013 team as you knew that team was a legit top 25 team, and would have given a good game to anyone outside of probably the top 10.

You asked why ESPN gives it more air time. The conference affiliation is a huge part of the decision. That's all I was answering.

I doubt many people nationally know the difference between CMU and NDSU in terms of FCS/FBS but if bet many would pick NDSU and recognize the uniform. Even if it looks like the Packers.

ndsubison1
12-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Reps on that; matches up pretty much with my thinking. I still think there are folks out there who think that just because NDSU is FCS that they can't play with these bowl teams, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I still think our blowout win over CMU in 07 is vastly underrated. They were no match for us and they won the Mac and nearly won their bowl game vs Purdue.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2015, 08:10 PM
I still think our blowout win over CMU in 07 is vastly underrated. They were no match for us and they won the Mac and nearly won their bowl game vs Purdue.

AND, there if no doubt the MAC knows this. Let's face it, with how tough FBS games have gotten to schedule, NDSU would gladly take a guarantee from a MAC school, but there has never been a game for years now. There is a reason......

ByeSonBusiness
12-28-2015, 08:19 PM

Just looked up their season. They come across as weaker than I remember.

Gave up 40 6 times. Gave up 30 5 more times. Only non-MAC win was against Army. Kept it close with Purdue in the bowl...got rocked by them in the regular season. Gave up 70 to a fringe top-25 Clemson.

ByeSonBusiness
12-28-2015, 08:20 PM

Just looked up their season. They come across as weaker than I remember.

Gave up 40 6 times. Gave up 30 5 more times. Only non-MAC win was against Army. Kept it close with Purdue in the bowl...got rocked by them in the regular season. Gave up 70 to a fringe top-25 Clemson.

onbison09
12-28-2015, 09:01 PM
This Navy game could get good.

westnodak93bison
12-28-2015, 10:16 PM
The Goopher/CMU crowd is so intense they can't show the crowd. Can even hear the CMU sideline yell pass on pass plays.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BadlandsBison
12-28-2015, 10:46 PM
With the recent failures of programs like Nebraska, Michigan, and Penn State it seems like Minnesota missed a window of opportunity to reach the top of the Big 10. I think they'll be stuck in the middle for quite some time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
12-28-2015, 11:22 PM
The Goopher/CMU crowd is so intense they can't show the crowd. Can even hear the CMU sideline yell pass on pass plays.

Well one has a losing record and the other was only a game above .500. Can't expect people to show up for that honestly.

westnodak93bison
12-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Well one has a losing record and the other was only a game above .500. Can't expect people to show up for that honestly.
Sounds like at least 1 team brought a band

El_Chapo
12-29-2015, 02:30 AM
way to go Gophers! breaking the bowl losing streak and ending on a good note for next years big recruiting class.
35000 fans at the game.

ndsubison1
12-31-2015, 07:23 PM
Houston up on FSU 31-17

ByeSonBusiness
12-31-2015, 08:30 PM
I hate Oklahoma this year. Baker Mayfield is a tool.

IndyBison
12-31-2015, 08:51 PM
The crew for this Oklahoma-Clemson game is from the Big Ten. The referee, Mike Cannon, is from the Wahpeton-Breckenridge area originally (I believe) and lives in the Twin Cities. He has children who go/went to NDSU and his niece is married to former Bison Kyle Steffes. I met him when I worked the NDSU Spring Game a couple years ago. He was the referee that day. Two other friends of mine from Indiana are on the crew for this game.

ByeSonBusiness
12-31-2015, 09:15 PM
That's pretty cool.

Clemson D is dirty up front. Notre Dame was very balanced this year and they made Notre Dame one dimensional. Not your older brother's typical soft Clemson.

I don't like them but they do have an ND tie, older folks here may remember a Rob Bodine. UND guy who transferred and started for Clemson in the 80's. Unfortunately 344/ByesonBusiness didn't get any of his athleticism from that part of the family tree.

IndyBison
12-31-2015, 10:18 PM
That's pretty cool.

Clemson D is dirty up front. Notre Dame was very balanced this year and they made Notre Dame one dimensional. Not your older brother's typical soft Clemson.

I don't like them but they do have an ND tie, older folks here may remember a Rob Bodine. UND guy who transferred and started for Clemson in the 80's. Unfortunately 344/ByesonBusiness didn't get any of his athleticism from that part of the family tree.

You are a Bodine relative? They are family friends with my grandparents. The story as I heard it was he did not enjoy his freshman year at UND so he moved home to help farm. His parents moved to South Carolina and he went with them. Over the summer he ended up working out with some of the Clemson football players. He was talking smack about his football prowess so they challenged him to put his money where his mouth was so he enrolled and tried out for the team. He started as a walk-on that year and ended up being an All-American as a senior. Not sure if all of that is true, but it's probably not entirely false.

Bison"FANatic"
01-01-2016, 12:21 AM
Let's see what the NDSU of the FBS can do. Roll Tide!!!!!

HerdBoy
01-01-2016, 02:50 AM
Cotton Bowl becoming a blowout. Alabama 24 - Michigan State 0. 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter.

KINGRANCH
01-01-2016, 02:54 AM
I'm sorry but Carson wentz is a better quarterback than Connor cook

onbison09
01-01-2016, 02:59 AM
Games were boatraces today.

BlueBisonRock
01-01-2016, 03:01 AM

Why be sorry?

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 03:02 AM

How do u know? Wentz plays sdsu while cook plays against Ohio st...

HerdBoy
01-01-2016, 03:03 AM
Blowout confirmed. I took the dog outside for a couple of minutes and Alabama scored again. Alabama 31 - Michigan State 0. Start of 4th quarter.

KINGRANCH
01-01-2016, 03:43 AM
I guess we will see in about two months at the combine, my money is on wentz grading out better

onbison09
01-01-2016, 03:49 AM
He wouldn't have forced that into double coverage before half I bet. That was a huge play.

scottietohottie
01-01-2016, 04:16 AM

Lol at the big ten. They didn't even score a point in the real college playoff lmao.

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Aren't you guys bored with fcs? What a shitty level of football!!! Move up already and play schools that people have heard of!

Good luck in the "national championship" in frisco...seriously that game is in f'ing frisco lol any bowl game city is better than f'ing frisco

NorthernBison
01-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Aren't you guys bored with fcs? What a shitty level of football!!! Move up already and play schools that people have heard of!

Good luck in the "national championship" in frisco...seriously that game is in f'ing frisco lol any bowl game city is better than f'ing frisco

You have a point. Curb stomping teams like the Gophers has been fun.

I like to see the talking heads at ESPN get all excited about it. They must think it's hard to do.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 03:44 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/66249664.jpg

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 03:50 PM
You have a point. Curb stomping teams like the Gophers has been fun.

I like to see the talking heads at ESPN get all excited about it. They must think it's hard to do.

Not sure what the gophers have to do with this conversation? I never said anything bad about ndsu, u guys have a great program. I guess avoiding how shitty fcs football is with insults is the only rebuttal you can think of?

Btw, curb stomping? What Alabama did to Mich St was curb stomping, what ndsu did vs the gophers was not a curb stomping...Minnesota blows, maybe you guys should stop acting like that win was a big deal.

Enjoy frisco hahahahaha

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 03:56 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/66249664.jpg

Wasn't bragging about the gophers and their shitty program. In fact I'm recognizing how good ndsu is and how shitty the Rest of fcs is. Move up and play someone

BisonTeacher
01-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Move up and play someone

Like Central Michigan?

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Like Central Michigan?

No, you're right Jacksonville St is a better option lmao

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 04:24 PM

Lets be real for a sec....... There are a ton of shit teams in the FBS and some of them are in a P5 (yes, MN is a shit team that should be in a G5) There are also a handful of FCS teams that should be in the FBS G5. And Yes there are a few FCS programs that if all else were equal should be in a FBS P5.

Edit: Based on performance there is a case to made that if MN was in the MVFC they would have just as many conference titles as they do now.

Rock
01-01-2016, 04:25 PM

Better as in better at football?

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Wasn't bragging about the gophers and their shitty program. In fact I'm recognizing how good ndsu is and how shitty the Rest of fcs is. Move up and play someone

I want no part of a division in which a team that is 2 games under .500 can get a postseason bowl game.

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 04:32 PM

Like Detroit for example. If this is FBS smack I am not impressed. Of course, I am not surprised either just like their teams when you get them to strap it on you see that they are ...overrated!

Funny thing, I was reading about Joe Glen and his biggest game moment at SDU guess what it was or in your case was not?

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Lets be real for a sec....... There are a ton of shit teams in the FBS and some of them are in a P5 (yes, MN is a shit team that should be in a G5) There are also a handful of FCS teams that should be in the FBS G5. And Yes there are a few FCS programs that if all else were equal should be in a FBS P5.

There is no fcs program anywhere close to ndsu's level. It's like you guys are a varsity football team that plays a junior high schedule. There is no fcs program that can challenge the bison. I don't get how it's fun anymore? There is nothing that makes me believe ndsu ever loses a playoff game ever again at the fcs level.

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Like Detroit for example. If this is FBS smack I am not impressed. Of course, I am not surprised either just like their teams when you get them to strap it on you see that they are ...overrated!

Funny thing, I was reading about Joe Glen and his biggest game moment at SDU guess what it was or in your case was not?

Detroit is better than frisco-continue to deflect everything towards the gophers, it's obvious you are stupid

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 04:37 PM
I want no part of a division in which a team that is 2 games under .500 can get a postseason bowl game.

again, trying to take a shot at the gophers lol you are so damn stupid it hurts lol

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Detroit is better than frisco-continue to deflect everything towards the gophers, it's obvious you are stupid

name calling now...wow! I must have hit a nerve. BTW...Obviously you have never been to Detroit or Frisco.

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 04:46 PM
There is no fcs program anywhere close to ndsu's level. It's like you guys are a varsity football team that plays a junior high schedule. There is no fcs program that can challenge the bison. I don't get how it's fun anymore? There is nothing that makes me believe ndsu ever loses a playoff game ever again at the fcs level.

I agree based on quality of program and performance NDSU should either be B1G and or B12. But your not paying attention if you think that NDSU is the only FCS team that should move up or if SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FBS programs should move down.

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 04:50 PM
again, trying to take a shot at the gophers lol you are so damn stupid it hurts lol

He didn't try, he did and whats funny is its true!

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 04:51 PM
name calling now...wow! I must have hit a nerve. BTW...Obviously you have never been to Detroit or Frisco.

Been to Detroit 3 times-had a blast. Twins won all 3 times I went. What the hell am I going to do in frisco?

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 04:54 PM
You are a Bodine relative? They are family friends with my grandparents. The story as I heard it was he did not enjoy his freshman year at UND so he moved home to help farm. His parents moved to South Carolina and he went with them. Over the summer he ended up working out with some of the Clemson football players. He was talking smack about his football prowess so they challenged him to put his money where his mouth was so he enrolled and tried out for the team. He started as a walk-on that year and ended up being an All-American as a senior. Not sure if all of that is true, but it's probably not entirely false.

Yep, that's my clan. They take their family reunions very seriously. That story is pretty much what I had heard.

Edit: Based on performance there is a case to made that if MN was in the MVFC they would have just as many conference titles as they do now.

There is not a single FCS team that belongs in the P5. Zero. Zilch. Zip.

BisonTeacher
01-01-2016, 04:55 PM

I stand corrected. Not sure what we'd do if we ever had to play central michigan

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Been to Detroit 3 times-had a blast. Twins won all 3 times I went. What the hell am I going to do in frisco?

So because the Twins play in Detroit its better than Firsco. HMMM well, I guess I could let you know that after the Natty game I am going to the Wild Game. Last year I went to the cotton bowl ( a real bowl game). So If thats all ya got, maybe you should go back to calling me stupid!

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 04:57 PM
He didn't try, he did and whats funny is its true!

Ok so staying on topic isn't something ndsu fans are taught? Again the gophers have nothing to do with how shitty fcs football is...

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Yep, that's my clan. They take their family reunions very seriously. That story is pretty much what I had heard.

There is not a single FCS team that belongs in the P5. Zero. Zilch. Zip.

SO then you must also agree that many of the teams currently in the P5 do not belong? Also is that just for FB or all sports?

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Ok so staying on topic isn't something ndsu fans are taught? Again the gophers have nothing to do with how shitty fcs football is...

Again your not paying attention if you think all the FCS is shitty football and not an par with much of the FBS. Fact is you could remove the middle to bottom tier of the FBS and merge it with the top tier of the FCS

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 05:09 PM

They have a lot to do with how shitty the FBS bowl system is.

NorthernBison
01-01-2016, 05:27 PM

Well, the MVFC is better football than the Sunbelt and probably the MAC. So, what's in it for us to triple our athletic budget to play at that level? Maybe a chance to play a game against the Gophers who we have dominated three times since 2006 (don't throw scores out there because if you saw the games you know what happened)?

The FBS bowl system is a total joke. I can't believe intelligent people can't see that.

Btw, I think I just saw a top 5 draft pick blow out his knee in a game that means nothing. I think we will see draft eligible stars begin to sit out Bowl games. Risk/reward balance is not there.

El_Chapo
01-01-2016, 05:30 PM
ohio state is MURDERING notre dame wow

StL Bison Fan
01-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Just a few early thoughts while watching the Fiesta Bowl
1. What is a battlefrog? This does not sound scarey and why did not und use this?
2. Where did everyone get the cute taco bell scarves?
3. Is defense and tackling optional?
4 what does the winner receive?
As you can see by my questions, I'm just not that interested, but it is football

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Lolol Joey bosa. What a cheap fuck.

StL Bison Fan
01-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Lolol Joey bosa. What a cheap fuck.

I don't think he cared.

BisonTeacher
01-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Again the gophers have nothing to do with how shitty fcs football is...

And the FCS has nothing to do with how crappy the gopher football program is and will continue to be. :)

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 05:37 PM
I don't think he cared.

Probably not. Knows he's a top pick.

Vet70
01-01-2016, 05:43 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/135614-South-Park-beating-a-dead-hors-ygaQ.gif

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 05:55 PM
And the FCS has nothing to do with how crappy the gopher football program is and will continue to be. :)

Ok? I'm not sure why you're even responding? My point is ndsu needs to jump up because fcs football is trash and ndsu is better than the fcs. You respond with comments about the gophers. Makes sense!!!

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=BisonVet;1086075]http://img.pandawhale.com/135614-South-Park-beating-a-dead-hors-ygaQ.gif[/QUOTE

And who we gunna play and in what conference? You and others say we dont belong in a P5. Yet, the rest of the FBS is really not that great. just look at GSU and how they dominate the crap FBS teams. NDSU would do the same. Until there is a true break up/realignment of Crap programs ( I wold include a whole lot of current P5 teams as crap) there are not that many true incentives to move up.

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 06:09 PM
SO then you must also agree that many of the teams currently in the P5 do not belong? Also is that just for FB or all sports?

I'm talking all sports.

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=BisonVet;1086075]http://img.pandawhale.com/135614-South-Park-beating-a-dead-hors-ygaQ.gif[/QUOTE

And who we gunna play and in what conference? You and others say we dont belong in a P5. Yet, the rest of the FBS is really not that great. just look at GSU and how they dominate the crap FBS teams. NDSU would do the same. Until there is a true break up/realignment of Crap programs ( I wold include a whole lot of current P5 teams as crap) there are not that many true incentives to move up.

Whatever makes you feel better! Just face it fcs as a whole is trash football. I bet Mankato St could win half of the conferences in fcs right now. Go Mavericks!!!

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 06:23 PM
I just hope the golden domers can keep this game relatively close. There have been very few bowl games that were remotely exciting to watch. Both semifinals were blow outs and pretty boring actually.

Mr Meaty
01-01-2016, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=MAKBison;1086078]

Whatever makes you feel better! Just face it fcs as a whole is trash football. I bet Mankato St could win half of the conferences in fcs right now. Go Mavericks!!!
Open a window in your moms basement and get some fresh air.

StL Bison Fan
01-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Ok? I'm not sure why you're even responding? My point is ndsu needs to jump up because fcs football is trash and ndsu is better than the fcs. You respond with comments about the gophers. Makes sense!!!

And yet, here you are...

NorthernBison
01-01-2016, 06:28 PM

When it comes to G5 FBS football and the lower third of most of the P5 conferences we're also better. Where should we jump up to?

We'll never have the resources to compete with all sports at the P5 level.

Tell us why G5 is a better place to be.

Why does the cost justify the return? Maybe you live in the People's Republic of Minnesota where fiscal responsibility doesn't matter but that's not the way we do things.

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Boooooring!

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 06:31 PM
And yet, here you are...

I guess cheering for the bison is a bad thing. Just want ndsu to play teams people have heard of! If you polled the nation, how many would know what state Jacksonville st univ is located in?

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 06:33 PM
I guess cheering for the bison is a bad thing. Just want ndsu to play teams people have heard of! If you polled the nation, how many would know what state Jacksonville st univ is located in?

Is the goal to play teams people have heard of?

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Is the goal to play teams people have heard of?

I guess the goal is dominating a shitty level of football have fun...el chapo understands what needs to be done---too bad his voice is being silenced

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 06:36 PM
No, I'm serious. What do you think the goal should be?

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 06:47 PM
No, I'm serious. What do you think the goal should be?

To play the best programs

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 06:48 PM
I'm talking all sports.

So BISON wrestling which is in the big 12 should not be?

MAKBison
01-01-2016, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=MAKBison;1086078]

you talk out both sides of your mouth

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 06:49 PM
To play the best programs

Should D2 and D3 teams close up shop?

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Should D2 and D3 teams close up shop?

I thought we were talking about d1? What does d2 or d3 have to do with d1 football?

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 06:57 PM
I thought we were talking about d1? What does d2 or d3 have to do with d1 football?

So you would want to dissolve FBS and FCS and and have one D1 level with 240 teams?

goldenshower
01-01-2016, 07:04 PM
So you would want to dissolve FBS and FCS and and have one D1 level with 240 teams?

Sure but the number wouldn't be that high. you cant bump up the programs that don't have scholarships or are unable to financially support the title 9 requirements. how many fcs programs could actually afford that? a dozen?

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Sure but the number wouldn't be that high. you cant bump up the programs that don't have scholarships or are unable to financially support the title 9 requirements. how many fcs programs could actually afford that? a dozen?

I don't think the Georgetowns and Villanovas of the world would go along with that plan.

But back to reality and the goal of playing the best teams. Feel free to start lobbying the Big 10 or Big 12 to invite us. I guarantee we won't turn down an invite. If you feel we should join the MAC or MWC, how does that fulfill the goal of playing the best teams? We'd play a p5 team about the same frequency as we do now.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 07:19 PM
I just hope the golden domers can keep this game relatively close. There have been very few bowl games that were remotely exciting to watch. Both semifinals were blow outs and pretty boring actually.

the officials seem intent on making that happen.

ZHerd
01-01-2016, 07:22 PM

I actually would love to see this. I would love it if the scholarship FCS and G5 teams could form a division with a playoffs. As for playing the best programs...you do realize that the team NDSU is about to face is better than the team the Gophers just played right?

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 07:28 PM
the officials seem intent on making that happen.

What are you talking about? Haven't called many penalties.

NorthernBison
01-01-2016, 07:48 PM
I guess the goal is dominating a shitty level of football have fun...el chapo understands what needs to be done---too bad his voice is being silenced

El Chapo gives NOTHING to NDSU. He provides the same level of support as the typical UND booster.

He's promised to give $2,500 annually if we move to FBS. Wow.

I'm not sure you can find anybody who knows LESS about what is involved.

Rock
01-01-2016, 08:06 PM

Poll them on where Clemson is while you are at it.

NorthernBison
01-01-2016, 08:09 PM

Boom! Roasted.

ndsubison1
01-01-2016, 08:13 PM

Or Auburn...

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Or Marshall

ndsubison1
01-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Or Rutgers.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 08:16 PM
For that matter, Notre Dame.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Getting back to actual conversation.

Suck it, Notre Dame.

Rock
01-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Man I hope Iowa Stanford lives up to what it could be with an Iowa W.

Like Stanford Michigan state last year.

NorthernBison
01-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Getting back to actual conversation.

Suck it, Notre Dame.

Most overrated program in history. They always get credit for being better than they really are. Remember them getting destroyed in the Title game that they had no business being in? Total joke.

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 08:30 PM
I'd have to say the committee paired many of these games...poorly.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/indianajones/images/6/67/Knight.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080328211709

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Most overrated program in history. They always get credit for being better than they really are. Remember them getting destroyed in the Title game that they had no business being in? Total joke.

They have a lot of "fan support". The Catholic Church is an amazing organization.

StL Bison Fan
01-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Well, that was certainly quick

NDSUstudent
01-01-2016, 09:16 PM
McCaffrey is so much fun to watch. Just a beast.

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 09:17 PM

They did a story on Notre Dame before the season. In the last like 15 years, they have finished the season higher than expected as often as they have finished beneath their expected finish. They also have I think, the highest winning percentage out of any FBS school.

They were the only logical team to play in the championship game a few years ago. They were undefeated playing a P5 schedule. No one else was. They weren't a great team by any means but they weren't there first team to get boatraced by an SEC team in the bcs title game.

Disappointed they lost today. They have really good 1's, but they don't have the depth that Ohio St and Alabama have. Top 3 corners and safeties were all out. The running back was 4th on the depth chart. Quarterback was 3rd until golson left.

Vet70
01-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Well, that was certainly quick

Western Speed.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 09:24 PM
During Urban Meyer's postgame interview they remarked how his seniors had 50 wins and how that was one of the best classes in college football.

I lol'd

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Next year they'll go 9-3 and he'll resign for health reasons.

scottietohottie
01-01-2016, 09:28 PM
They did a story on Notre Dame before the season..

You must be talking about the show catfish on MTV.

scottietohottie
01-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Holy crap is the big ten even going to win a bowl game? Ohio St doesn't count they didn't play a real fbs team.

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 09:30 PM
You must be talking about the show catfish on MTV.

I'm unfamiliar with the TV show. But yeah I still can't look at Manti Teo without getting weirded out.

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Holy crap is the big ten even going to win a bowl game? Ohio St doesn't count they didn't play a real fbs team.

Michigan beat the fuck out of Florida.

NDSUstudent
01-01-2016, 09:31 PM

Gophers won the DeToilet Bowl so the B1G has that going for them.

scottietohottie
01-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Michigan beat the fuck out of Florida.

Gophers won the DeToilet Bowl so the B1G has that going for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8Z5VPTHS0

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 10:00 PM
This is going to need the Jim Ross treatment soon.

NDSUstudent
01-01-2016, 10:00 PM
McCaffrey again....Just a beast.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2016, 10:01 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-C9wey6OTeFo/VGrEnmNueLI/AAAAAAAAhQk/gQnDu6nErps/s1600/oh%2Bmy%2Bgawd!!!%2Bsombody%2Bstop%2Bthe%2Bdayyum% 2Bmatch.jpg

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2016, 10:01 PM
McCaffrey again....Just a beast.

Already turned it off. I thought Stanford would win pretty easily but this is silly.

DakotaOkie
01-01-2016, 10:02 PM
holy crap (on many levels)...Stanford ahead 28-0 less than 16 minutes into the Rose Bowl. Unless Iowa wakes up, looks like everyone on the rosters gets to play today for Stanford and, perhaps Iowa.

DakotaOkie
01-01-2016, 10:04 PM
You know it is a bad game when ESPN shows the sponsored "Pivotal Performance Play of the game" two minutes into the second quarter. TV sets are being turned off everywhere.

Vet70
01-01-2016, 10:18 PM
This is a poster child for a mercy rule in College football.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2016, 10:20 PM
the CFP committee def missed Stanford for Michigan State.

NorthernBison
01-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Fake the fumble and throw deep for a 35-0 lead.

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 10:22 PM
That fumble play was dirty. :rofl:

Vet70
01-01-2016, 10:24 PM
That fumble play was dirty. :rofl:

So was hiding Ryan. :)

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 10:30 PM
So was hiding Ryan. :)

http://img.pandawhale.com/125399-karate-kid-no-mercy-gif-Imgur-dJ3u.gif

NDSUstudent
01-01-2016, 10:32 PM
the CFP committee def missed Stanford for Michigan State.

The CFP is a joke unless it has 6 or more teams.

No_Skill
01-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Can someone start a rumor thread that McCaffery is transferring to NDSU? That would be sweet.

bri-dog
01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Can someone start a rumor thread that McCaffery is transferring to NDSU? That would be sweet.

He'd need to switch positions. Can he play linebacker?

ndsubison1
01-01-2016, 10:45 PM

Wisconsin.

Hammersmith
01-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Does Stanford still run a similar system or style of play as us? Could this game help us in planning for them this fall?

NDSUstudent
01-01-2016, 11:43 PM
Does Stanford still run a similar system or style of play as us? Could this game help us in planning for them this fall?

I don't think it helps us much, we have nobody in the same stratosphere as McCaffrey.

Hammersmith
01-01-2016, 11:48 PM
I don't think it helps us much, we have nobody in the same stratosphere as McCaffrey.

Thinking more along the lines of the Stanford D that's held Iowa to zero real points. (the FG was the gift of a Stanford bad snap)

56BISON73
01-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Thinking more along the lines of the Stanford D that's held Iowa to zero real points. (the FG was the gift of a Stanford bad snap)

Stanford is throwing a lot of stunts at them. But you would have thought Iowa would have seen some of this through the year. They just arent picking it up.

ByeSonBusiness
01-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Stanford is throwing a lot of stunts at them. But you would have thought Iowa would have seen some of this through the year. They just arent picking it up.

Did Iowa play anyone good this year? They didn't have to play Michigan or Ohio St I don't think. Sucks that it's not competitive.

BFKasper14
01-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Who is that goober behind McCaffrey yelling heisman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
01-02-2016, 12:44 AM

Hard to say about defense but when you get down that big early your gameplan kind of goes out the window.

The Michigan State game might tell more about how we match up. I always thought we were more like them.

NDSUstudent
01-02-2016, 12:45 AM
Who is that goober behind McCaffrey yelling heisman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LakesCardinal....

Wally
01-02-2016, 02:14 AM
Huge viewership losses for the semifinal games. Clemson/Oklahoma down 45% and Alabama/Mich St down 34.4%. NYE games taking a hit. I know it didn't help the games weren't competitive either. Think about the starting time for the Clemson game, 4 pm on a Thursday for the east and 1 pm for the west coast. Idiotic. Yeah, a lot of people are on vacation but many people working and many more getting for and going to parties.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/01/01/college-football-playoff-viewership-new-years-eve-decline-espn

A column ripping the powers that be, among them, the Rose Bowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-are-the-playoff-semifinals-on-new-year-s-eve-again-053757483-ncaaf.html

ndsubison1
01-02-2016, 02:17 AM
Committee is dumb for turning down Espns offer to have it Jan 2

MAKBison
01-02-2016, 02:23 AM
So because the Twins play in Detroit its better than Firsco. HMMM well, I guess I could let you know that after the Natty game I am going to the Wild Game. Last year I went to the cotton bowl ( a real bowl game). So If thats all ya got, maybe you should go back to calling me stupid!

SO you send me a red chicklet with this comment as a response "you aren't bright!!! you must be tight with herdbot" LOL That is rich coming from you. Hint...open a map cause your current knowledge is lacking. Frisco is part of the Dallas/FW Metro. Dude, just because you went to a twins game in Detroit does not make it better. Like I said I am going to A Wild Game after the Natty in Dallas. Last Year several went to the cotton bowl in Arlington. If you think the Detroit metro is better than the Dallas/FW metro you are on crack. There is a reason the D/Fw particular the Firsco area is the fastest growing area in the US. BTW Detroit is one of the fastest declining populations. Shoot, we cant even get the city of Detroit to pay up on some consulting services we did for them.

on to FB......If you think the MAC and most of the FBS is far superior than the MVFC than I know your on crack. There is some elite talent int he FBS for sure, but unless NDSU is in what is now a current P5 conference then there is not much of an incentive to move up. Note this is to be revisited once/if the there ever is a shake up in the FBS.

as to Herd bot and this subject....I usually argue your side, but after reading your post I decided I didn't like you so I took the other side.

MNLonghorn10
01-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Huge viewership losses for the semifinal games. Clemson/Oklahoma down 45% and Alabama/Mich St down 34.4%. NYE games taking a hit. I know it didn't help the games weren't competitive either. Think about the starting time for the Clemson game, 4 pm on a Thursday for the east and 1 pm for the west coast. Idiotic. Yeah, a lot of people are on vacation but many people working and many more getting for and going to parties.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/01/01/college-football-playoff-viewership-new-years-eve-decline-espn
Plus cable cutters.

These new years six bowl games have been the worst ones.

Fuck the best game so far has been Appalachian and Ohio

bri-dog
01-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Holy shit! We have a bowl game that's within 1 score in the 4th quarter!!

56BISON73
01-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Committee is dumb for turning down Espns offer to have it Jan 2

The committee isnt known for making good decisions.

mebisonII
01-03-2016, 01:49 AM
What's the chance our band could learn a corn maze formation by September 17th??

DIBISON
01-03-2016, 02:21 AM
TCU only down 3 to Oregon and getting the ball with 2 minutes to go.

Wally
01-03-2016, 02:22 AM
The Oregons are taking the gas pipe after losing Adams. 31-rip to 31-28 . Lol

NDSUSR
01-03-2016, 02:23 AM
Go TCU.. Ducks lose their FCS talent and fail!!!
You can do it!

Even tho I hate VA.. Its funny isnt it?

scottietohottie
01-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Hey tcu eat some bananas before next year's bowl game.

No_Skill
01-03-2016, 02:49 AM
Hey tcu eat some bananas before next year's bowl game.

Gatorade with extra salt, if I remember correctly. I always laugh at players sucking down Gatorade in OT. If you are cramping in game, it's too late.

scottietohottie
01-03-2016, 02:52 AM
If you are cramping in game, it's too late.

Yep and if it's more then one player chances are your fbs athletic trainer or coach isn't doing their job. Tcu should be more then 2 meals a day.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Heart says fellow Ag school Clemson wins but the mind says Bama wins comfortably.

Would like to see a second ACC title in three years as I believe Notre Dame is eventually going to become a football member. Also Bama has won enough.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 12:27 AM
The Tide rolls.

Clemson is fast, but Bama will pound the ball down their throats all night long. On the other side of the ball, I think Clemson will find the yards hard to come by.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 12:41 AM
Obviously still very very very early, but Clemson isn't rolling over in the trenches at all.

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Since Coach K and Dabo are pals now I gotta go with Orange.

No_Skill
01-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Clemson came to play.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Clemson came to play.

Clemson is fast, really fast, but I think Bama will wear them down eventually.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 12:49 AM
Clemson is fast, really fast, but I think Bama will wear them down eventually.

The fun thing about Clemson though is their front 7 is dirty. Very tough up front.

bisonaudit
01-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Teddy Atlas is killing it on ESPNNEWS right now.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 12:52 AM
WOW, that is an entirely different level of cheerleaders. Do you think we could find the funding for those if we move up?

No_Skill
01-12-2016, 12:55 AM
WOW, that is an entirely different level of cheerleaders.

That's an argument for going fbs I could get behind. :D

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 12:55 AM
Good Lord a man that large should not be able to run like that..

tjbison
01-12-2016, 01:06 AM
Henry is going to be the difference down the stretch I think

JSU had the same pom poms

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 01:08 AM
JSU had the same pom poms

Where do you think JSU picked it up? ;)

bisonaudit
01-12-2016, 01:15 AM
Now he's accidently doing a number from Pitch Perfect. Atlas is the next John Madden.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 01:25 AM
Wonder how Bama is going to react.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Clemson's D line is too fast for Bama so far.

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 01:29 AM
Was that ESPN NDSU commercial regional or national?

tjbison
01-12-2016, 01:32 AM
Was that ESPN NDSU commercial regional or national?

Wasn't one on espn3

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 01:35 AM
http://http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/113533/in-game-win-probability-alabama-vs-clemson (http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/113533/in-game-win-probability-alabama-vs-clemson)

I kinda like these probability things they have been doing lately.

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 01:38 AM
Wasn't one on espn3

A very nice one was on ESPN. Had the 5th trophy in it already.

tjbison
01-12-2016, 01:41 AM
A very nice one was on ESPN. Had the 5th trophy in it already.

Must be regional NCAA comercial, I'm forced to espn3 it because for some reason ESPN won't come in for me, but the other ESPN channels do but I hate the home mega crap, I like Fowler and Herby so it kind of sucks

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 01:42 AM
Clemson has great speed and athleticism on front 7

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Clemson D plus Watson give them a fair shot.

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 02:02 AM
I like watching the film room on ESPN2

bisonaudit
01-12-2016, 02:04 AM
Did the official just mistake Sweeney calling for the QB to clock the ball for a timeout?

Wally
01-12-2016, 02:08 AM
Must be an Alabama grad running the clock.

ZHerd
01-12-2016, 02:09 AM
Clemson is fairing better than I expected. I still expect the Bama running game to bury Clemson

1998braves64
01-12-2016, 02:10 AM
Did the official just mistake Sweeney calling for the QB to clock the ball for a timeout?

No he was arguing that clock should have stopped on first down realizing they weren't going to catch the mistake he called a timeout to try argue this point and to allow him to kick a FG... Imo you see him say timeout just as he got to the ref.

bisonaudit
01-12-2016, 02:13 AM
No he was arguing that clock should have stopped on first down realizing they weren't going to catch the mistake he called a timeout to try argue this point and to allow him to kick a FG... Imo you see him say timeout just as he got to the ref.

Thanks, Atlas and Bilas and company have been entertaining but they don't really have a play by play guy in their 6 man booth.

BlueKeyAlum
01-12-2016, 02:17 AM
Any Bison love during halftime?

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 02:18 AM
Clemson is fairing better than I expected. I still expect the Bama running game to bury Clemson

Idk. Clemson looks up to the challenge. Henry is a load but they are getting in the backfield and Bama hasn't got much going in the air.

Honeybooboo
01-12-2016, 02:20 AM
Any Bison love during halftime?

None at all, only blowing about Sabin going for his 4th title

ZHerd
01-12-2016, 02:31 AM
Idk. Clemson looks up to the challenge. Henry is a load but they are getting in the backfield and Bama hasn't got much going in the air.

I'm just glad there is a non-blowout bowl game. TCU game was good as well

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 02:37 AM

Not tonight. Clemson D line too fast and athletic for Bama line. Game will go down to the wire.

Bama just scored on a blown coverage, not by domination. This game will come down to strategy more so than physicality.

ByeSonBusiness
Hey don't leave people wide open guys.

CAS4127
Bama/Clemsen game is a good one!

Sent from my iPhone.

ZHerd
01-12-2016, 02:49 AM
Bama should move #76 to D. He wraps up nicely when he tackles

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 02:51 AM
Bama should move #76 to D. He wraps up nicely when he tackles

Speed of DE is too much for him. He needs help, they need to put a TE on his side for help.

BisonAccountant44
01-12-2016, 02:52 AM
Anybody else watching the film room version on espn2? Interesting stuff.

CAS4127
01-12-2016, 02:59 AM
Anybody else watching the film room version on espn2? Interesting stuff.

Of this game?!

This is an effing great game and there is no way NDSU plays with either of these teams. And I thing Clemson's QB is better than CW, at least at college level.

Sent from my iPhone.

BisonAccountant44
01-12-2016, 03:01 AM
Of this game?!

This is an effing great game and there is no way NDSU plays with either of these teams. And I thing Clemson's QB is better than CW, at least at college level.

Sent from my iPhone.
Yeah. They have a split screen with about 6 HC's getting into what they see on each play.

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 03:02 AM
We would have massive trouble with Watson and both teams speed on defense.

Power formation from Clemson!

CAS4127
01-12-2016, 03:02 AM
Yeah. They have a split screen with about 6 HC's getting into what they see on each play.

Oh, wow, that would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone.

No_Skill
01-12-2016, 03:07 AM
Of this game?!

Sent from my iPhone.

Better scrambler? yes.
Better arm? Not sure.

I haven't seen him make any of those quick out throws that Carson does so well. I think Carson's release is faster as well.

NDSUSR
01-12-2016, 03:08 AM
Yeah.. lets stop all the "we want bama" stuff.
These teams are both exceptional.

CAS4127
01-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Better scrambler? yes.
Better arm? Not sure.

I haven't seen him make any of those quick out throws that Carson does so well. I think Carson's release is faster as well.

I think you should reconsider, especially the release observation.

Sent from my iPhone.

BisonAccountant44
01-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Oh, wow, that would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone.
It's a little hard to watch during a play. The larger coaches screen is zoomed way out, and the mothership broadcast is next to it and above a 3rd screen, but the in between stuff is pretty good.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:11 AM
Better scrambler? yes.
Better arm? Not sure.

Watson is a G and he's lighting up a defense full of future pros. No idea how he'll do as a pro but I doubt he'll ever have to buy a drink in South Carolina after he's done playing.

CAS4127
01-12-2016, 03:15 AM
It's a little hard to watch during a play. The larger coaches screen is zoomed way out, and the mothership broadcast is next to it and above a 3rd screen, but the in between stuff is pretty good.

Sounds like a good way to captivate a different type of audience that they may not otherwise get.

Sent from my iPhone.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:16 AM
I think you should reconsider, especially the release observation.

Sent from my iPhone.

Also the level of competition is not remotely comparable.

No_Skill
01-12-2016, 03:18 AM
Watson is a G and he's lighting up a defense full of future pros. No idea how he'll do as a pro but I doubt he'll ever have to buy a drink in South Carolina after he's done playing.

Especially if they can pull off this win.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:23 AM
Especially if they can pull off this win.

Clemson has been Clemsoning so long... I'm thinking they are the fatties at prom... Happy to be there.

BisonAccountant44
01-12-2016, 03:24 AM
Sounds like a good way to captivate a different type of audience that they may not otherwise get.

Sent from my iPhone.
ESPNU has the "homer broadcast", news has something similar to the coaches with ESPN talking heads, and classic has no announcers, plays the pa from in the stadium and cranks up all the mics from the firld to make it like you're there.

CAS4127
01-12-2016, 03:28 AM
Bama should be running Henry out of pro set.

That was shit coverage by Clemson there--Fuck!

Sent from my iPhone.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:32 AM
ESPNU has the "homer broadcast", news has something similar to the coaches with ESPN talking heads, and classic has no announcers, plays the pa from in the stadium and cranks up all the mics from the firld to make it like you're there.

They do an amazing job with the national championship with all the different feeds and stuff. The iron bowl last season was particularly hilarious with Paul Finebaum

NDSUstudent
01-12-2016, 03:35 AM
Sabin breaking out the bag of tricks and just phenomenal execution. What a call!

Vet70
01-12-2016, 03:36 AM
It looked almost like the same kick UNI tried against us.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:38 AM
Who would have thought Saban had those kind of balls? Mr. Conventional himself...

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Clemson giving this game away. Had several opportunities to extend lead but came up empty. This is looking like a win for Bama.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Another blown coverage, just like A last touchdown. That zone is screwing Clemson up, A is picking it apart. Clemson needs to go to man and take their chances.

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 03:44 AM
And Clemson goes down and gets a big FG

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:44 AM
Another blown coverage, just like A last touchdown. That zone is screwing Clemson up, A is picking it apart. Clemson needs to go to man and take their chances.

I don't think they need to go man. They do need to... Idk... Not leave guys wide open.

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 03:48 AM
Ok. wow...

ByeSonBusiness
Too many mistakes here from Clemson.

No_Skill
I don't think they need to go man. They do need to... Idk... Not leave guys wide open.

Or give up kick-off returns for tds.

NDSUstudent
Do or die time for Clemson now. Bama has them teetering after that haymaker.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 03:53 AM
Clemson has given A two touchdowns by getting screwed-up on zone coverage. Take the 14 pts. away and Clemson is leading and in control of this game.

Giving up the kickoff TD pretty much sealed the game for Alabama.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:53 AM
Can't imagine it's easy to move the ball on Bama when they know what you are going to do

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 03:56 AM
Quick Clemson td!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 03:57 AM

The zone is confusing the CB's. They don't know which man to cover when A uses a slot receiver. As a result, one receiver is wide open. Too much confusion. Clemson should go to nickle and use a safety over the top for help. Zone has cost them two touchdowns so far.

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Normally I hate high scoring games but this is an exception

ByeSonBusiness
01-12-2016, 03:59 AM
The zone is confusing the CB's. They don't know which man to cover when A uses a slot receiver. As a result, one receiver is wide open. Too much confusion. Clemson should go to nickle and use a safety over the top for help. Zone has cost them two touchdowns so far.

Maybe they aren't comfortable in man without their star cb. Or maybe they didnt feel they had the guys to play man against Bama. Idk. But yeah, can't leave guys open at the very least!

CAS4127
01-12-2016, 04:00 AM
Normally I hate high scoring games but this is an exception

So you hated our Natty game?

Sent from my iPhone.

Wally
01-12-2016, 04:01 AM
Hoping Clemson can pull this off, but this seems to be the time Alabama makes the plays needed

And while I posted this, they complete a long pass.

Honeybooboo
01-12-2016, 04:02 AM
Ouch..might be the dagger

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2016, 04:04 AM
Clemson's D has been whatever the opposite of clutch is all night.

NDSUstudent
01-12-2016, 04:04 AM
Love the play call...Gives me flashbacks of Brock.

ndsubison1
01-12-2016, 04:07 AM
Clemson's D has been whatever the opposite of clutch is all night.

They were fine until 4th quarter

NDSUstudent
01-12-2016, 04:09 AM
Ballgame....Not over turning that call.

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2016, 04:09 AM
They were fine until 4th quarter

When you want to be clutch.

I saw more than one of them fall down a few times tonight, even earlier.

bri-dog
01-12-2016, 04:12 AM
Not that it's going to matter, but Clemson got screwed out of 14 seconds due to the late TD call. I rewound, and when he crossed the plane there was 1:21 left on the clock, not 1:07...

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-12-2016, 04:13 AM
Not that it's going to matter, but Clemson got screwed out of 14 seconds due to the late TD call. I rewound, and when he crossed the plane there was 1:21 left on the clock, not 1:07...

Noticed that as well. Can't believe the refs didn't put the time back on the clock.