PDA

View Full Version : Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Pages : [1] 2

El_Chapo
12-22-2015, 02:33 PM
according to their board, they are putting their band in Section 121. HAHA:facepalm:

So let me get this straight, Row 1 Section 121 will have Tuba players in seats that could fetch $250/seat.

Smart move Jax St...

This post is a Public Service Announcement for all the bison fans with tickets in 120, 122... sorry!!

HerdThat!
12-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Good, each time we score the player responsible can take the ball and lodge it into one of their tubas for good measure

Bison 4 Life
12-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Who cares? So they have a band.

Might as well be a SWAC team.

BisonTru
12-22-2015, 04:42 PM
according to their board, they are putting their band in Section 120. HAHA:facepalm:

So let me get this straight, Row 1 Section 120 will have Tuba players in seats that could fetch $250/seat.

Smart move Jax St...

This post is a Public Service Announcement for all the bison fans with tickets in 119, 121... sorry!!

Their band (part of the band) will be in Section 121.

El_Chapo
12-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Dangit its section 121

please change title.

each of thier players gets 4 tickets

Fast Eddie
12-22-2015, 07:19 PM
according to their board, they are putting their band in Section 121. HAHA:facepalm:

So let me get this straight, Row 1 Section 121 will have Tuba players in seats that could fetch $250/seat.

Smart move Jax St...

This post is a Public Service Announcement for all the bison fans with tickets in 120, 122... sorry!!

El Chapo, this game is about more than money to some people. I hope you can attend the Jan. 9th game.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-22-2015, 07:22 PM
I think it's stupid they bring bands to these at all...

No one wants to see a pep band halftime show. We want Fergie.

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 07:25 PM

I HOPE that is purple!!..:fight:

Bisonator98
12-22-2015, 07:27 PM
The bands make for a great college environment IMO.

HerdBoy
12-22-2015, 07:28 PM

Fergalicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfB6I6-IhkY

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 07:29 PM

Smart move Jax St...

If they want to pay to put the band in those seats which would otherwise be used for fans, all the more power to them. Its a dumbass idea to put the band there, but its their tickets.

AND IT IS SOUSAPHONES!!! NOT TUBAS!! only a complete idiot would put the sousa/tubas in the first row!! /slight purple for humor and being mostly serious

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2015, 07:49 PM

We could call Adele but she doesnt answer the phone.

BisonAccountant44
12-22-2015, 08:01 PM
How dare they give tickets to students who are participating in the festivities! What is this world coming to?

Saxy Southerner
12-22-2015, 08:04 PM
How dare they give tickets to students who are participating in the festivities! What is this world coming to?

I know. It's not like bands are actual students. I guess schools should stop being about those who attend and more about those who live vicariously though the success of their favorite 23 year olds. What a stupid move to bring students! Shame on Ol Jax State!

EC8CH
12-22-2015, 08:08 PM

Agreed. This is just like allocating part of their allotment for students. Band members are just getting first dibs. Maybe its resulting in a larger percentage going to their students vs donors/ticket holders, but oh well. It's up to them how they use their allotment. If their fans wanted tickets they should have bought them earlier before they sold out through the NCAA like most of us. They would have been taking the same gamble that we did on our team making it to Frisco.

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 08:09 PM
I know. It's not like bands are actual students. I guess schools should stop being about those who attend and more about those who live vicariously though the success of their favorite 23 year olds. What a stupid move to bring students! Shame on Ol Jax State!

Most of us prefer the term "student musicians". Make us sound special. It would be a crime if the university didn't compensate us for our efforts, talent, and time. Oh, wait....they already HAVE!:ranting::ranting::fight::fight:

But i graduated, so now i'm and engineer.

Hammerhead
12-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Won't they be out of breath and unable to shout and make noise when our offense is on the field?

Saxy Southerner
12-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Won't they be out of breath and unable to shout and make noise when our offense is on the field?

Since there's 450 of us we take turns making noise so that we don't sound like the fat, out of breath whales that we are.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Jacksonville State hates Adele.........

VirginiaBison
12-22-2015, 09:07 PM
I suspect they require the band member to attend, because they couldn't get the rest of the student body to buy tickets and come to the game.

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Since there's 450 of us we take turns making noise so that we don't sound like the fat, out of breath whales that we are.

So....The entire band breaths together, and then yells for a while....then breaks....breathes, and then yells again? Repeat process.

*NOOOOOOOOISE*...*HHHUUUUUHH*..*NOOOOOOISE*

:ranting::ranting:

kinda like this guy?^^

Saxy Southerner
12-22-2015, 09:21 PM
So....The entire band breaths together, and then yells for a while....then breaks....breathes, and then yells again? Repeat process.

*NOOOOOOOOISE*...*HHHUUUUUHH*..*NOOOOOOISE*

:ranting::ranting:

kinda like this guy?^^

Oh god! No! NOT OVER THE BAR LINE! NOOO!!!

Lol... Music jokes.

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 09:22 PM
I suspect they require the band member to attend, because they couldn't get the rest of the student body to buy tickets and come to the game.

Require students to attend a sport event that is OUTSIDE the semester? Not even Dean Mecha Bresciani has THAT kind of power.

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh god! No! NOT OVER THE BAR LINE! NOOO!!!

Lol... Music jokes.

But i'm a trumpet, I HAVE to hang over!!:biggrin::D

Saxy Southerner
12-22-2015, 09:25 PM
But i'm a trumpet, I HAVE to hang over!!:biggrin::D

You'll get a kick out of our trumpets then. Are you going to Frisco?

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 09:27 PM

Yes, for my fifth time. Went the four past years as a member of the Gold Star Marching Band, now I am the video cameraman for the band as an alumni.

56BISON73
12-22-2015, 09:27 PM

Just think of all the stories from band camp you can share. :biggrin:

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Just think of all the band camp stories you can share. :biggrin:

:facepalm2::facepalm::sigpalm:
:facepalm::sigpalm::facepalm2:
:sigpalm::facepalm2::facepalm:

:bong::bong::bong:
:innocent::innocent:

MrSnuffleupagus
12-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Do you think they put their band there to try and down out the crowd noise? I imagine there is some strategy they are using here.

Green1
12-22-2015, 10:03 PM

Jacksonville State hates Adele.........

Hello..........??????????

Seems like the makings for a great sign.

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Do you think they put their band there to try and down out the crowd noise? I imagine there is some strategy they are using here.

I don't think it would make much of a difference. The benefit for the band being in the north endzone is that we the overhead awning to kind of aim our sound toward the rest of the stadium and the field.
Putting them anywhere else is stupid on their part IMO.

Green1
12-22-2015, 10:07 PM

"Band Wars- The French Horn Awakens"

Mr Pep Band
12-22-2015, 10:08 PM
"Band Wars- The French Horn Awakens"

OH GOD NO!! NOT THE FRENCH HORN!! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE IN OUR BAND!! WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO?!?!?:rofl::duel:

BisonNation11
12-22-2015, 10:20 PM

Are you saying drown out noise with noise??? Please let them be as stupid as SHSU

gumby013
12-22-2015, 10:23 PM
Are you saying drown out noise with noise??? Please let them be as stupid as SHSU

That's some Western Illinois level thinking. They play when their offense is on the field.

56BISON73
12-22-2015, 10:23 PM

Conspiracy?????

Green1
12-22-2015, 10:50 PM

Ya know... it's just so crazy, it might just work! :omfg:

VirginiaBison
12-22-2015, 11:02 PM
section 120? Looks like the band is getting a wedgie.... a school serious about having there band there would have purchased seat in section 120.... just saying.

Saxy Southerner
12-22-2015, 11:04 PM
I don't think it would make much of a difference. The benefit for the band being in the north endzone is that we the overhead awning to kind of aim our sound toward the rest of the stadium and the field.
Putting them anywhere else is stupid on their part IMO.

You underestimate how loud we are. It doesn't matter where in that stadium we are, we will be the loudest thing in it. You'll hear us just fine, I promise. And then you'll go deaf.

56BISON73
12-22-2015, 11:08 PM
You underestimate how loud we are. It doesn't matter where in that stadium we are, we will be the loudest thing in it. You'll hear us just fine, I promise. And then you'll go deaf.

You do realize that this isnt a SWAC game? The show is on the field. Not in the stands.

Saxy Southerner
12-22-2015, 11:09 PM
You do realize that this isnt a SWAC game? The show is on the field. Not in the stands.

I'm aware. We make SWAC bands seem quiet. It's just the nature of the beast.

BisonNation11
12-22-2015, 11:11 PM
Oh sweet. A new twist this year in something we've never seen/heard before. You could be right though if you guys end up being a bunch of blowhards. Lord knows people supporting and from your university have made enough noise already on social media and message boards.

Saxy Southerner
12-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Oh sweet. A new twist this year in something we've never seen/heard before. You could be right though if you guys end up being a bunch of blowhards. Lord knows people supporting and from your university have made enough noise already on social media and message boards.

Yeah, if we don't win the game at least we will win halftime.

EC8CH
12-22-2015, 11:15 PM

Take halftime, we'll take the tailgate and the game.

NDSU1980
12-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Must be some of that Southern Noise I've heard about. How does it compare to the Southern Speed we used to hear about????

Bison 4 Life
12-22-2015, 11:21 PM

How are you going to get all 800 people on the field and off in the 6 1/2 minutes you have?

Bison 4 Life
12-22-2015, 11:22 PM
Is Southern Noise the new Southern Speed?

yopaulie
12-22-2015, 11:40 PM

Did you leave a message, saying "hello, it's me"?

:rimshot:

Bisonator98
12-22-2015, 11:53 PM

So their band will be playing to try to drown out the Bison fan crowd noise? I think that's a brilliant idea.
http://i.imgur.com/0Uf6iu9.gif

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Did you leave a message, saying "hello, it's me"?

:rimshot:

Yes. I tried

El_Chapo
12-22-2015, 11:55 PM

B I N G O !

and its section 121 please change the title!! el chapo sucks

El_Chapo
12-22-2015, 11:58 PM
Southern Band Nerds are the worst kind .... :(

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:09 AM

Bison Once Bison Twice......

I've edited this each year since 2011. TRADITION, the GSMB has 110 YEARS of it!

i'll just leave this here.

Trumpster
12-23-2015, 02:11 AM

That doesn't sound too hard.

Sent from my SM-G900V

56BISON73
12-23-2015, 02:14 AM

Band smack? :rofl:

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:14 AM

Was it smack? Was it REALLY smack?

TateMosersneighbor
12-23-2015, 02:15 AM
I don't like this. Can we all bring noise makers in too? This is BS.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2015, 02:18 AM
I don't like this. Can we all bring noise makers in too? This is BS.

I dont think it matters where they are. You dont play during play.
I cant believe we have now moved from my team is better to a Band Measuring Contest

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:20 AM
I cant believe we have now moved from my team is better to a Band Measuring Contest

Yeah we aren't a d-bag SWAC band. We know when we aren't supposed to play. It's a quick way to get penalties.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:21 AM

No, just WEAK smack. Northern bands can get along, maybe even with that "school" up north. We have respect for one another. U of M, good. ISUb, good. SDSU good enough. UNI, good. GSU, good. SHSU, rivalry kind of, but good.

JSU, we'll see. But I HOPE it turns out good.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:23 AM

Sam Houston did!! and We called them out on it.... BOTH YEARS!!

and.....

YOU
HAVE
BEEN
TROLLED!!!

56BISON73
12-23-2015, 02:24 AM
No, just WEAK smack. Northern bands can get along, maybe even with that "school" up north. We have respect for one another. U of M, good. ISUb, good. SDSU good enough. UNI, good. GSU, good. SHSU, rivalry kind of, but good.

JSU, we'll see. But I HOPE it turns out good.

:facepalm: Dude sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

BisonHorns
12-23-2015, 02:25 AM
Not enough fans to fill the seats so they are using the band. That doesnt seem right.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2015, 02:26 AM
Sam Houston did!! and We called them out on it.... BOTH YEARS!!

and.....

YOU
HAVE
BEEN
TROLLED!!!
Did they bring a cannon?
My favorite is the Western Il band. They got in trouble after our game with them last year. The WIU coach complained about them

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 02:28 AM
Not enough fans to fill the seats so they are using the band. That doesnt seem right.

There are apparently lots of students that are pissed they cannot go but I'm sure they love the band so much they are happy they have the seats.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:30 AM
There are apparently lots of students that are pissed they cannot go but I'm sure they love the band so much they are happy they have the seats.

Well, marching band is BIG down south for some reason.:confused:

Green1
12-23-2015, 02:31 AM

Warning: If your tromboner continues to play for more than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

*Come on Izzy. I can't push this rock up hill by my self!

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:31 AM

Well, band is students soooo. We've known we were going to Frisco (if we made it) for two months at least. It's not like it's a newsflash to anyone here.

HerdBot
12-23-2015, 02:33 AM

Especially when the end zone which is split in half for bands will be empty on one half.

56BISON73
Warning: If your tromboner continues to play for more than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

*Come on Izzy. I can't push this rock up hill by my self!

:rofl::rofl:

Saxy Southerner
Especially when the end zone which is split in half for bands will be empty on one half.

Nope, it will be filled with our guard, dance line, and front ensemble.

CaBisonFan
12-23-2015, 02:34 AM

No one wants to see a pep band halftime show. We want Fergie.They're just as much a part of the supporting cast as the cheerleaders...and they work hard to prepare for what they do all fall.

BisonFanAnn
12-23-2015, 02:34 AM

Bison Once Bison Twice......

I've edited this each year since 2011. TRADITION, the GSMB has 110 YEARS of it!

i'll just leave this here.

This would make a great profile picture.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2015, 02:38 AM
And how is the rest of the band going to get to the field at half time with out disturbing spectators?
This has all the makings of a cluster...

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:39 AM
This would make a great profile picture.

It is on Facebook. :)

Saxy Southerner
And how is the rest of the band going to get to the field at half time with out disturbing spectators?
This has all the makings of a cluster...

It's not like we've never been to a stadium other than Burgess-Snow. It's already been planned out. Don't worry we won't get in your way.

Swaghook
There are gates to the field nearby if I remember correctly not a huge deal.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2015, 02:42 AM
There are gates to the field nearby if I remember correctly not a huge deal.

I think you are right. I was just wondering about tickets sold in that section in august.
Dont worry about me. I sit in the endzone

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:43 AM
I think you are right. I was just wondering about tickets sold in that section in august.

They were part of JSU's allotment. They were never publicly released.

Olton Hall
12-23-2015, 02:49 AM
I hope both bands have a good show. Those of us playing at home or watch parties of their choice won't know since ESPN will be showing studio discussion of the FBS championship game.

westnodak93bison
12-23-2015, 02:50 AM
Your band drinks milk

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 02:52 AM
Will be fun to watch before I go take a leak and get something to eat.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:54 AM
I hope both bands have a good show. Those of us playing at home or watch parties of their choice won't know since ESPN will be showing studio discussion of the FBS championship game.

Poor ESPN, they don't know what their doing by cutting over halftime like that.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:57 AM
Does NDSU do different shows every week or are they corps style?

Swaghook
12-23-2015, 02:58 AM
Every 2 weeks is a different show.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Every 2 weeks is a different show.

Interesting, what's the show for Frisco?

HerdBot
12-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Nope, it will be filled with our guard, dance line, and front ensemble.

That should be ok

EC8CH
12-23-2015, 03:02 AM
Your band drinks milk

Why does our's eat apples? Seen it multiple times during games.

Fast Eddie
Most of us prefer the term "student musicians". Make us sound special. It would be a crime if the university didn't compensate us for our efforts, talent, and time. Oh, wait....they already HAVE!:ranting::ranting::fight::fight:

But i graduated, so now i'm and engineer.

Which train do you drive?

Swaghook

Daughter has not heard yet. She is a first year piccolo.

Trumpster
12-23-2015, 03:03 AM

They I'm pretty sure actually do, they know that they will be hit by ASCAP if they broadcast copyrighted material without paying for it.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:03 AM
Daughter has not heard yet. She is a first year piccolo.

Wow, how long are the shows normally?

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:04 AM
They I'm pretty sure actually do, they know that they will be hit by ASCAP if they broadcast copyrighted material without paying for it.

Well our music for this years show is all public access or written for and owned by us so we don't really fall into that category.

And they know it, we've told them several times. They even told us they would give us air time during the Chuck South game and never did.

CaBisonFan
12-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Well our music for this years show is all public access or written for and owned by us so we don't really fall into that category.That's normal.

EC8CH
12-23-2015, 03:06 AM

Wouldn't tell you if we did know. Can't tip you off and risk losing the half time.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:07 AM
Wouldn't tell you if we did know. Can't tip you off and risk losing the half time.

It doesn't matter, our show hasn't changed since Valentines Day when it was announced. We do Corps style shows.

Swaghook
12-23-2015, 03:09 AM
Wow, how long are the shows normally?

10 to 15 minutes

Bisonwinagn
12-23-2015, 03:13 AM
Why wouldn't the stadium mandate where the bands sit? It's seems like it should be a part of the seating setup?

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 03:15 AM
Why wouldn't the stadium mandate where the bands sit? It's seems like it should be a part of the seating setup?

The only reserved for band seats are on the stage. If the schools want to throw tickets at band, let them.

As for where they sit and how, I imagine it will be in one of the exclusive sections for JSU. Either way, who cares?

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 03:16 AM
The bands are not supposed to sit on the stage. The have been moved their because of demand. (See NCAA manual)

JSU has a huge band and decided to split its musicians and non-musicians.

Will be a different dimension this January.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:16 AM

From my understanding they customarily sit on the end zone stage as to save tickets for fans. Due to the Southerners having a larger population than North Dakota our auxiliary sections will be on the stage while our winds and percussion are receiving a section from JSU's allotment.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 03:34 AM

Same as the other 4 years. Drumline Diddy, Run on, On Bison, Fight Song, and then march off the field. That is all we have time for.

EDIT: and it is easy! no new memorization and have done it for every home game this year.
I would rather do new shows every week, but we are only as good as our worst member. that sounds harsh, but think that is an accurate description.

56BISON73
12-23-2015, 03:38 AM

Poor ESPN? LOL

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 03:41 AM

It's not like you're dotting the f#ckin 'i', Saxby.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 03:44 AM

Now THAT'S a band!

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:46 AM

No, but I am the corner of the J.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/9f8e3ad5b10bb4e4fdb1066d55382716.jpg

Bisonwinagn
12-23-2015, 03:48 AM
The bands are not supposed to sit on the stage. The have been moved their because of demand. (See NCAA manual)

Ok so this whole thread was bullshit and a flat out misrepresentation of the truth. They are bringing a larger number of people than can fit in the assigned section and putting the EXCESS in the stands. Should of known not to listen to anything El Chapo posts because he never tells the truth.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:50 AM
If they want to pay to put the band in those seats which would otherwise be used for fans, all the more power to them. Its a dumbass idea to put the band there, but its their tickets.

AND IT IS SOUSAPHONES!!! NOT TUBAS!! only a complete idiot would put the sousa/tubas in the first row!! /slight purple for humor and being mostly serious

We don't march Sousas or Contras.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 03:54 AM
Ok so this whole thread was bullshit and a flat out misrepresentation of the truth. They are bringing a larger number of people than can fit in the assigned section and putting the EXCESS in the stands. Should of known not to listen to anything El Chapo posts because he never tells the truth.

Not quite.

The initial location for band seating is in the stands.

Because of high ticket demand, both bands have been on the stage the last few years

The stage is too small for JSU's band, so they are putting their musicians in the stands.

JSU is using part of its general allotment to seat the band. Those seats have a higher value than the price JSU has to pay for them, but that is the same case as if they sold/gave it to a players parent or a booster.

JSU is prioritizing its band over its fans. And that's their prerogative. I would be pissed if it was NDSU doing this, but we don't have a band like JSU's.

Trumpster
12-23-2015, 03:55 AM
We don't march Sousas or Contras.

Pocket Tubas?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71UEvJOC7%2BL._SY355_.jpg

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Pocket Tubas?

http://www.1800usaband.com/uploads/images/5080S.jpg

Not exactly.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/5177bdf415101fce8e6972cbb0e812b9.jpg

That is a Conn 20-J upright recording bass. Exclusively marched by the Southerners. We own the largest collection of them in the world with 34. They weigh 52 or 60lbs a piece depending on the model.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 04:00 AM
Wow. The band nerd just threw down.

Bison56
12-23-2015, 04:03 AM
Not exactly.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/5177bdf415101fce8e6972cbb0e812b9.jpg

That is a Conn 20-J upright recording bass. Exclusively marched by the Southerners. We own the largest collection of them in the world with 34. They weigh 52 or 60lbs a piece depending on the model.

Is that you in the pic?

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 04:04 AM
Is that you in the pic?

No. It's an alum from around 2004.

UTH
12-23-2015, 04:04 AM

That's sad - Worst attendance ever.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 04:05 AM
That's sad - Worst attendance ever.

It wasn't a game, it was a closed rehearsal.

Our games look a little more like this.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/2d604e3df99836cd67bf53aa33e459b6.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/1bdebacd34a8050d9a49ae8e8cab6f6a.jpg
Those are from the Charleston Southern game with 22,279 in attendance.
Our average attendance is second in the FCS only to Montana at 20,589 and we averaged 22,647 over the course of the playoffs.

Wally
12-23-2015, 04:16 AM
If this is the greatest band ever, it better have a vibraslap player.

56BISON73
12-23-2015, 04:25 AM
Wow. The band nerd just threw down.

Was going to warn the board you cant out post this kid. Diarrhea of the key board.
Think a younger Gabe on speed.

CaBisonFan
12-23-2015, 04:31 AM
No. It's an alum from around 2004.Is the band corps style or high-steppin? With that many people the drills have to be limited...but I imagine the sound is huge.

56BISON73
12-23-2015, 05:02 AM
Is the band corps style or high-steppin? With that many people the drills have to be limited...but I imagine the sound is huge.

If you take in to account the hot air they put out on this thread alone that would be a given.

Bison_Pride
12-23-2015, 05:09 AM
What's the point of even going anymore?

Bisonwinagn
12-23-2015, 06:01 AM
Well "Alabama" is one of the all time best bands so if they play it will be awesome.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Well "Alabama" is one of the all time best bands so if they play it will be awesome.

Bama is garbage.

Is the band corps style or high-steppin? With that many people the drills have to be limited...but I imagine the sound is huge.

We do corps style shows. Roughly a 14 minute show with 100-120 sets of drill.

Swaghook
12-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Bama is garbage.

Pssst I think he meant Alabama the country band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQm95nn5v_o

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Pssst I think he meant Alabama the country band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQm95nn5v_o

Their lead singer, Randy Owen, is a Jax State Alum

gumby013
12-23-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm partial to Makita drills.

westnodak93bison
12-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Which corner? There are 8 corners in the J

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Which corner? There are 8 corners in the J

The one nearest to the bottom of the picture.

westnodak93bison
12-23-2015, 12:34 PM
The one nearest to the bottom of the picture.
There are 2 corners on the bottom? Probably not a math/science major?

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 12:35 PM
There are 2 corners on the bottom? Probably not a math/science major?

There is only one corner nearest to the bottom of the picture. The J is Diagonal in the picture. You'll figure it out sometime, I'm sure.

westnodak93bison
12-23-2015, 12:37 PM
There is only one corner nearest to the bottom of the picture. The J is Diagonal in the picture. You'll figure it out sometime, I'm sure.
Do what?

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 12:49 PM
Do what?

Well since you are struggling with this I'll help you out.

The first step here would be to identify where the "bottom of the picture is." I know a lot of people have trouble with this tricky concept so I took the liberty of helping to understand by making this illustration.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/23/790fb66ec8f33d97cac9030106007ad3.jpg

You see here that the bottom is that is the area I have shaded in red.

Now that we have finally identified where the bottom of the picture is it's time to put on our thinking caps and use some science.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/23/14cbcacb376723403c18a307193d7f09.jpg

In this picture you will see a red line and you will notice that only one corner of the J falls below it. From this we can deduce that the corner below the line is indeed the "corner nearest to the bottom of the picture".

I hope this guide helps! :)

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Oh, we get it.

You're the asshole.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Oh, we get it.

You're the asshole.

*Person asks for clarification.*

*Clarifies.*

*Is asshole for clarifying.*

Sounds about right.

westnodak93bison
12-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Couldn't have done it without you.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Couldn't have done it without you.

Glad I could help! :)

Twentysix
12-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Holy shit, this is some next level pre-NC talk.

What is going to be next year, mascot smack where Thundar and yet to be named mascot duel it out on Bisonville?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lii981Mrhx1qhju8xo1_400.jpg

Hammerhead
12-23-2015, 01:21 PM
So the drummers won't sit with the rest of the band?

gumby013
12-23-2015, 01:23 PM
So the drummers won't sit with the rest of the band?

We spread our phantom whistlers throughout the stadium.

Green1
12-23-2015, 01:29 PM
We spread our phantom whistlers throughout the stadium.

"Band Wars- The Phantom Whistle Menace"

Bisonator98
12-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Holy shit, this is some next level pre-NC talk.

What is going to be next year, mascot smack where Thundar and yet to be named mascot duel it out on Bisonville?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lii981Mrhx1qhju8xo1_400.jpg

Cocky don't stand a chance against Thundar!:biggrin:

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 01:31 PM

Nope, we are going to get our cocks beat hard by the Bison.

Bison Loaf
12-23-2015, 01:32 PM
*Person asks for clarification.*

*Clarifies.*

*Is asshole for clarifying.*

Sounds about right.

I believe that NDB2 was using something that we here in Podunk land like to call a metaphor.................ever heard of it? OK, OK your even a bit slower than all us yokels, so let me spell it out for you then, college boy. The body part mentioned by NBD2 is in the extreme lowest "corner", so-to-speak, of ones body, therefore he was comparing.......................oh, hell, forget it. Some concepts are just too large for some people. :facepalm2: And it's pretty obvious that "anal sphincters", "football" and "national championships" are some of those concepts for you (and my apologies to our own Peppie :))!

EC8CH
12-23-2015, 01:35 PM

Yep, that bird is pudgy and fat. Thundar is much better conditioned thanks to Coach Kramer.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 01:46 PM
I believe that NDB2 was using something that we here in Podunk land like to call a metaphor.................ever heard of it? OK, OK your even a bit slower than all us yokels, so let me spell it out for you then, college boy. The body part mentioned by NBD2 is in the extreme lowest "corner", so-to-speak, of ones body, therefore he was comparing.......................oh, hell, forget it. Some concepts are just too large for some people. :facepalm2: And it's pretty obvious that "anal sphincters", "football" and "national championships" are some of those concepts for you (and my apologies to our own Peppie :))!

No I meant that he's an asshole.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 01:51 PM

If it isn't I'd be surprised. I'm understanding thus far they ARE bringing the whole band ~450, which is THREE times our size.

BUT, will they have three times our sound? I don't think so...:biggrin:

aces1180
12-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Is this thread for real?

JSU fans cheer when their team is on offense, right? We should have a contest to see who is louder when JSU has the ball. I bet NDSU fans win!

Bison Loaf
12-23-2015, 01:55 PM

Fair enough :nod: , and I stand corrected! :);) :rofl:

GCWaters
12-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Historically, JSU has had possibly the best band in the southeast...unless you ask the Troy band, of course....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjbison
12-23-2015, 01:58 PM
why do people care so much about their fu**ing band....who gives a shit how many they bring and where they sit

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Historically, JSU has had the best band in the southeast...unless you ask the Troy band, of course.... but Troy sucks.

Here you go. FIFY.

If it isn't I'd be surprised. I'm understanding thus far they ARE bringing the whole band ~450, which is THREE times our size.

BUT, will they have three times our sound? I don't think so...:biggrin:

Personally I hope we aren't three times louder than you. It would be nice to be in the same stadium as a band that can keep pace for once. I'm looking forward to hearing you guys!

GCWaters
12-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Here you go. FIFY.

Such a nice rivalry between you guys! Two of my friends marched at JSU late 70s....

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Such a nice rivalry between you guys! Two of my friends marched at JSU late 70s....

Too bad Troy moved up to the SuckBelt because they were too tired of us bending them over every year.

Wally
12-23-2015, 02:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

IzzyFlexion
12-23-2015, 02:06 PM
I wonder if one would be allowed to buy a "HALF TIME SHOW ONLY" ticket?

Too bad that there will be a throng of pesky football fans clogging up the stadium.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Too bad Troy moved up to the SuckBelt because they were too tired of us bending them over every year.

F#ck dude.

Nobody gives a sh#t about your former band rival.

Shouldn't you go practice your scales or something?

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 02:16 PM
There are band rivalries?

Now I've seen everything.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:16 PM
F#ck dude.

Nobody gives a sh#t about your former band rival.

Shouldn't you go practice your scales or something?

A day in the life of NDB2:

*Goes online to Bisonville*

*Clicks on a thread about band*

*Sees people discussing band topics*

*complains about band people discussing band things on a band thread.*

A note to GSMB members: I'm sorry you guys have to put up with so many people that have no clue what they are talking about have have no idea what amount of work and dedication goes into our craft and feel the need to bash it even though their greatest achievement in recent years is actually getting tickets to a football game.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Dude. You're on the message board of a team YOUR FOOTBALL team is playing and posting smack about another schools marching band.

The motivation for this thread is that many NDSU fans are confused on why a university would allocate seats to a band - not where you standing on random f#ck Saturday.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:26 PM
This thread started out relating to football, but has since diverged from the main topic.

I move the notion to move this to "Other Sports and Activities". Unless we can get back to the Natty football/band stuff.

I'm partly to blame for this drift and digression, but I'm not the only one.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 02:28 PM
This thread started out relating to football, but has since diverged from the main topic.

Are you new here?

SDbison
12-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Will JSU's band sitting both in the endzone and sideline be able to play from both locations? If so, doesn't seem right. Also, why has Frisco not come up with a way to have more bleacher seating in the endzone and add some temporary bleachers on the east side concourse?

Professor Chaos
12-23-2015, 02:34 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a7/a71e0a834c110ac0c9872e35bea5c753ea67ac42234e3cedfb 8fbc7696ef8cb3.jpg

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Will JSU's band sitting both in the endzone and sideline be able to play from both locations? If so, doesn't seem right. Also, why has Frisco not come up with a way to have more bleacher seating in the endzone and add some temporary bleachers on the east side concourse?

No, only our color guard, dance line, and front ensemble will be on the stage. They only play/march during the halftime show. The winds and drum line will be in the stands playing.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 02:36 PM

The musicians will be in section 120. The non-musicians will be on the stage.

I imagine bleachers like that would violate code. They do have room for more standing room only.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Personally I hope we aren't three times louder than you. It would be nice to be in the same stadium as a band that can keep pace for once. I'm looking forward to hearing you guys!

Oh, we won't be. I don't play anymore, but I can guarantee you the band will be loud.

It is always nice to meet another band and see how they do things, what we do similar, and what each does different. I look forward to hearing you guys play and watching your show. :)

Normal fans don't understand us, never will. Most of us are dedicated to what we do and the amount of pride we have.

Trumpster
12-23-2015, 02:39 PM
A note to GSMB members: I'm sorry you guys have to put up with so many people that have no clue what they are talking about have have no idea what amount of work and dedication goes into our craft and feel the need to bash it even though their greatest achievement in recent years is actually getting tickets to a football game. You have no idea why you should feel sorry for the GSMB, but this hardly scratches the surface.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Are you new here?

join date vs "been reading BV since 2011ish", you decide. either way, yes (relatively)

YOU"RE OLD!! :biggrin:

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:43 PM
No, only our color guard, dance line, and front ensemble will be on the stage. They only play/march during the halftime show. The winds and drum line will be in the stands playing.

That is going to mess with the coordination of who plays when during the game.
I'll bet now that both will play at the same time multiple times throughout the game due to miscommunication.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:46 PM
That is going to mess with the coordination of who plays when during the game.
I'll bet now that both will play at the same time multiple times throughout the game due to miscommunication.

Just as long as you aren't like Sam Houston State and we can actually here you when you play we won't play over you. At least not on purpose. We aren't like that.

Just don't try to be Tennessee State and ply every conceivable second just so we won't, or else we will make sure your band is never heard again. ;) Freaking obnoxious show bands...

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Just as long as you aren't like Sam Houston State and we can actually here you when you play we won't play over you. At least not on purpose. We aren't like that.

Hey. Play as loud as you want when we're yelling. Try and drown us out.

Green1
12-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Oh, we won't be. I don't play anymore, but I can guarantee you the band will be loud.

It is always nice to meet another band and see how they do things, what we do similar, and what each does different. I look forward to hearing you guys play and watching your show. :)

Normal fans don't understand us, never will. Most of us are dedicated to what we do and the amount of pride we have.

Did you just "it's a band thing and you wouldn't understand" us? I feel like I have just been Heismann'd !

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Did you just "it's a band thing and you wouldn't understand" us? I feel like I have just been Heismann'd !

Hey you can come down to Alabama in mid-August and we will take you to our asphalt parking lot/ practice field and teach you how to march for 12 hours a day for 15 days straight if you want to learn a little. ;)

Bison Loaf
12-23-2015, 02:51 PM

Whew, that's a relief!

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 02:53 PM

Hey you can come down to Alabama in mid-August and we will take you to our asphalt parking lot/ practice field and teach you how to march for 12 hours a day for 15 days straight if you want to learn a little. ;)

Good, God. Could you guys start your own thread?

The premise of this thread is ticket allocation.

Not where you stand.

Not who your heated band rivals are.

Not how unappreciated/misunderstood you are.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:53 PM

Oh? You had SHSU do that to you also huh? :rofl::rofl::facepalm2:

We're the same way (in person :biggrin:), follow the golden rule and NEVER play over the other band.

We're there to provide music, support our respective teams, play Halftime, show school spirit, and be a positive influence. That's my understanding anyway.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Good, God. Could you guys start your own thread?

Don't read it. Simple as that.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Oh? You had SHSU do that to you also huh? :rofl::rofl::facepalm2:

We're the same way (in person :biggrin:), follow the golden rule and NEVER play over the other band.

We're there to provide music, support our respective teams, play Halftime, show school spirit, and be a positive influence. That's my understanding anyway.

No, you haven't heard? It's a sin to give tickets to spirited students who support their team over some old guy whose only connection to a university is his love for some 23 year old men he doesn't even know. ;)

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 02:58 PM
You have no idea why you should feel sorry for the GSMB, but this hardly scratches the surface.

What do you mean by that?

Bison bison
don't read it. Simple as that.

this thread is about ticket allocation.

Start a new thread.

BisonNation11
No, you haven't heard? It's a sin to give tickets to spirited students who support their team over some old guy whose only connection to a university is his love for some 23 year olds he doesn't even know. ;)

There's a fine line to walk there. Remember who pays for those student athletes to be there. I'm not saying the students/band members don't deserve to be there as much as anybody, but how your school funds those scholarships means something as well.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 02:59 PM
this thread is about ticket allocation.

And now it's about band? The original question has been answered. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread anymore.

EC8CH
12-23-2015, 03:00 PM
guy whose only connection to a university is his love for some 23 year old men he doesn't even know. ;)

Unlike the bond you and Eli share.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Unlike the bond you and Eli share.

Wow, a student who knows another student personally who just happens to be the quarterback? What an unlikely scenario at a school with only 8,000 students.

Bisonator98
12-23-2015, 03:02 PM
And now it's about band? The original question has been answered. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread anymore.

Just wait a few posts. It'll be about something else that's completely irrelevant soon.

Bison bison
12-23-2015, 03:03 PM

Why not practice good etiquette and start a new thread if this thread is exhausted and you want to post about something else?

Is it because you're a visitor and it would be really weird if you started a new thread to talk about your band on another school's message board?

Or maybe you should have your own folder with exciting posts like.

Where's Saxby? Find me in various photos.

Who loves the band! I do. Also I'm in the band!!

I use the first name of starting football players in casual conversation.

Why doesn't anyone understand me?

1001 things you didn't know about an alabamba-based college marching band .

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:03 PM
Just wait a few posts. It'll be about something else that's completely irrelevant soon.

And the problem with that is? Why not just keep the irrelevance contained in one thread rather than create a whole new thread every 4 posts when the subject changes?

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 03:05 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me28tlAAYy1rkmxa1o6_500.jpg

Bisonator98
12-23-2015, 03:06 PM
And the problem with that is? Why not just keep the irrelevance contained in one thread rather than create a whole new thread every 4 posts when the subject changes?

I got no problem with you and Eli's personal problems. Maybe people just like to bust your balls.

Bison bison

Maybe they did.

Maybe

they did.

Saxy Southerner

His MCU debut will be in Captain America next year. I'm excited. Has anyone else seen Star Wars yet?

BisonFanAnn
I love the GSMB. I've sat in the south end zone for a few games, and I love the energy and enthusiasm coming from the band!

I look forward to seeing the JSU band at halftime.

Trumpster
12-23-2015, 03:07 PM
What do you mean by that? Isn't it obvious to you? You were in band for what 5, 6 years? Surely you've seen that the band has gone downhill since your first season.

EC8CH
12-23-2015, 03:09 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/w8is3.jpg

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:12 PM

Exactly spot on.

Trumpster
http://www.bromygod.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/spider-man-meme-017-03252013.jpg

StL Bison Fan
Isn't it obvious to you? You were in band for what 5, 6 years? Surely you've seen that the band has gone downhill since your first season.

My daughter was in the band and since then they have made improvements.
There is an effort to get more support and improve but of course you need money.
The administration supports the band. They have my support as they are a part of the game experience.
We were so glad they came to ISUb

Professor Chaos
12-23-2015, 03:13 PM
I wonder what the JSU crowd does once the national anthem is over? I'll bet at this game they boo.

mebisonII
12-23-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm disappointed the legendary Band Smack thread isn't around any more. Saxy would have enjoyed that one. Lots of our newer band-member BV posters probably don't know that one either.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 03:15 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/63533951.jpg

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 03:16 PM
I wonder what the JSU crowd does once the national anthem is over? I'll bet at this game they boo.

I look forward to the 6 page "Bison fans hate America" thread.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Is the GSMB playing the anthem? It would be cool if we could do a combined performance.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Is the GSMB playing the anthem? It would be cool if we could do a combined performance.

this is big time. There will be a performer.

Bisonator98
12-23-2015, 03:17 PM

:facepalm:

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:18 PM
:facepalm:

It's a legitimate question, who plays the anthem at the game?

mebisonII
12-23-2015, 03:19 PM

Which anthem do you guys play down there? The northern one, or the southern one? ;)

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Which anthem do you guys play down there? The northern one, or the southern one? ;)

The "Roll Tide" one

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Isn't it obvious to you? You were in band for what 5, 6 years? Surely you've seen that the band has gone downhill since your first season.

Oh, yes. Yes I have. I understand what u mean now. And I agree.

EDIT: Some things have gone down hill, other things have improved. But overall, my favorite year was 11', since then, down hill.
I think it is mostly apathy and being more about socializing rather than doing your job that you signed up for by joining the band.
You're there to be a marching band, not be a selfy-taking-"oh my gaud, look @ my bisonpride"-texting-milkdrinker!

Am I being too serious? The Apathetic Milk Drinkers would say so.

:ranting:

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm disappointed the legendary Band Smack thread isn't around any more. Saxy would have enjoyed that one. Lots of our newer band-member BV posters probably don't know that one either.

That was a thing? Time to go grave-digging!

mebisonII
12-23-2015, 03:41 PM
That was a thing? Time to go grave-digging!

I think that was prior to a board reset, so it is not around anymore, at least I couldn't find it. And yes, it was a thing, and it led to several band-members* joining BV to observe the critiques and/or defend the honor of the band. I think that thread was the predecessor of the "Our House" section of the current board.

*may or may-not include yours truly.

thundarsdaddy
12-23-2015, 03:50 PM
The "Roll Tide" one

Merry Xmas, you might need this!

runtheoption
12-23-2015, 04:00 PM
The Marching Southerners will replace the Army's Golden Knights for this game and will skydive into stadium.

"C-130 rolling down the strip
Winds & drums gonna take a little trip"

Green1
12-23-2015, 04:14 PM
The Marching Southerners will replace the Army's Golden Knights for this game and will skydive into stadium.

I hope it goes better than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p00nBSNIPwg

CaBisonFan
12-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Bama is garbage.

That's too bad.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 04:22 PM
From the NCAA Championship Manual:

Each competing team’s band shall be granted six minutes of the 18 minute halftime entertainment period

Bisonguy
12-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Anyone remember the Red Drum Fiasco?

What year was that, 2007?

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Anyone remember the Red Drum Fiasco?

What year was that, 2007?

These?6679

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 05:05 PM
These?6679

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/23/af430e47087dcb30eb985547ed7d377b.jpg

td577
12-23-2015, 05:31 PM

Mission screw the booster
Destination Frisco
Don't even care if we take a trophy home

Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door
Jump right out and count to four
If my main don't open wide
I got a saxophone by my side
Since that one will fail me too
Look out hell cause I'm comin' through

If I die on the Frisco front
Box me up so we can punt
Pin my silver medal upon my chest
Sorry cocks we failed the test

Somebody has to do a way better job then I did. I would change the cadence a lot, but it would actually have to do with Airborne Ranger stuff, not cocks and bands.

td577
12-23-2015, 05:34 PM
From the NCAA Championship Manual:

Each competing team’s band shall be granted six minutes of the 18 minute halftime entertainment period

Didn't you read. They do a roughly 14 minute show. Your pointing out the rules won't work.

Saxy Southerner
12-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Didn't you read. They do a roughly 14 minute show. Your pointing out the rules won't work.

Our show is segmented into roughly 3-4 sections. Total it runs about 14, we will likely just do our closer which runs about 4 minutes.

CaBisonFan
12-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Our show is segmented into roughly 3-4 sections. Total it runs about 14, we will likely just do our closer which runs about 4 minutes.Do you have a picture of your uniform?

aces1180
12-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Our show is segmented into roughly 3-4 sections. Total it runs about 14, we will likely just do our closer which runs about 4 minutes.

Show? I think you meant to write "time filler" or "restroom/concession stand background noise".

The band is there to enhance the game day atmosphere, nothing more. I find the self importance of many band members to be quite comical. People are there to watch the game, not the band play the hits of Queen for the third straight week.

I will say though that the SDSU marching band's performance this year was great, only because they played the Foo Fighters.

mebisonII
12-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Show? I think you meant to write "time filler" or "restroom/concession stand background noise".

The band is there to enhance the game day atmosphere, nothing more. I find the self importance of many band members to quite comical. People are there to watch the game.

Nonsense. They are there to yell instructions to the coaches, refs, players, and probably the band, too, because obviously they know how to do their jobs better.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 05:51 PM

The band is there to enhance the game day atmosphere, nothing more. I find the self importance of many band members to be quite comical. People are there to watch the game, not the band play the hits of Queen for the third straight week.

I will say though that the SDSU marching band's performance this year was great, only because they played the Foo Fighters.

Well if the students had more ambition to learn music and drill this wouldn't be a problem. :facepalm::(:banghead:

CaBisonFan
12-23-2015, 05:51 PM

Depends on the caliber of the band. Tell this to Ohio State or Notre Dame's fans. It's part of the entire show (game included).

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 05:54 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/23/af430e47087dcb30eb985547ed7d377b.jpg

Yes, they were BAD! Luckily, they got swapped out for "Golden Yellow" drums the following year (2008) along with a new "Athletic band Director", skinny Rob Ryan.

Edit: as you ca see in my signature below.

Trumpster
12-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Well if the students had more ambition to learn music and drill this wouldn't be a problem. :facepalm::(:banghead: A director that attempts to improve the band might help as well.

Diogenes
12-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Do you have a picture of your uniform?

Mods finally activated me. 20Js and (old) uniforms:

https://www.google.com/search?q=jsu+marching+southerners&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwioztPV0fLJAhVGqoMKHZWoAqgQ_AUICCgC&biw=1600&bih=766#imgrc=Ng-SC2Gbdkqy1M%3A

Note the Js are at the top of the formation, not front row. A lot of appearance and performance questions (for both bands) can be answered by visiting Google Images and Youtube. I've been on the Championship Game thread (much less civil than this one so far) and have respect for the Bison, but I think this does a better job of telling the whole story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_II_Football_Championship

(Scroll down to the Championships chart and following).

I will say that within their own sphere, the Southerners are worthy to be included in the same conversation as Bison football. Both have enough accolades and battle honors to hold their heads high.

td577
12-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Who was the school that was going to bring their drum line here but got suspended? I was excited about that but now I can't remember who it was because it was so long ago.

aces1180
12-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Who was the school that was going to bring their drum line here but got suspended? I was excited about that but now I can't remember who it was because it was so long ago.

Mississippi Valley State?

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 06:02 PM
I think that was PVAM

td577
12-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Mississippi Valley State?

It was certainly a HBC, so it might have been them. They were hyping it up for a couple of weeks and then a couple of them got in trouble and screwed it up for everyone.

runtheoption
12-23-2015, 06:04 PM
the Southerners are worthy to be included in the same conversation as Bison football. Both have enough accolades and battle honors to hold their heads high.

Awesome. 21,000 people are traveling to Frisco to watch your battle tested marching band.

td577
12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
I think that was PVAM

Yes. I think you are spot on. That would have been cool in the dome.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
A director that attempts to improve the band might help as well.

Agreed, they need to have the drive to want to improve themselves. Apathy sums it up pretty good.

ps- they don't even do "Schultz" anymore:mad:

td577
12-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Awesome. 21,000 people are traveling to Frisco to watch your battle tested marching band.

For 6 minutes.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 06:09 PM
I will say that within their own sphere, the Southerners are worthy to be included in the same conversation as Bison football. Both have enough accolades and battle honors to hold their heads high.

Sorry, NO. You can't even compare band and football, let alone BISON football and ANY FCS band.

like comparing US dollars to Jamaican money, the US dollar is MUCH MUCH stronger and more valuable

CaBisonFan
12-23-2015, 06:12 PM
One of the challenges with having a collegiate marching band in North Dakota is the fact that there aren't many high school marching bands in the region.

They come to NDSU with a limited background in high-intensity-competitive marching.

That would not be the problem in Alabama. Even the Sioux Falls region has big-time high school marching bands.

Bisonator98
12-23-2015, 06:13 PM
Mods finally activated me. 20Js and (old) uniforms:

https://www.google.com/search?q=jsu+marching+southerners&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwioztPV0fLJAhVGqoMKHZWoAqgQ_AUICCgC&biw=1600&bih=766#imgrc=Ng-SC2Gbdkqy1M%3A

Note the Js are at the top of the formation, not front row. A lot of appearance and performance questions (for both bands) can be answered by visiting Google Images and Youtube. I've been on the Championship Game thread (much less civil than this one so far) and have respect for the Bison, but I think this does a better job of telling the whole story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_II_Football_Championship

(Scroll down to the Championships chart and following).

You can't be serious.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2015, 06:14 PM
One of the challenges with having a collegiate marching band in North Dakota is the fact that there aren't many high school marching bands in the region.

They come to NDSU with a limited background in high-intensity-competitive marching.

AMEN to THAT!
:judges::judges:

SDbison
12-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Wow, can't believe this thread is the leading topic in the football thread. The only thing JSU might win is the biggest band contest........OK, can we move on to talk about football? Maybe moderators can move this thread to the "News about other Schools" topic area. Plllllllllllleeeeeeeeease!

Diogenes
12-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Sorry, NO. You can't even compare band and football, let alone BISON football and ANY FCS band.

like comparing US dollars to Jamaican money, the US dollar is MUCH MUCH stronger and more valuable

Didn't make that comparison. Note the qualifier "in their own sphere." The only comparison was two programs, that do quite different things, having done very well and being justifiably proud of their accomplishments. Not saying band is like football at all.

Diogenes
12-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Wow, can't believe this thread is the leading topic in the football thread. The only thing JSU might win is the biggest band contest........OK, can we move on to talk about football? Maybe moderators can move this thread to the "News about other Schools" topic area Plllllllllllleeeeeeeeease!

Try again. I said this thread is leading the Championship thread in civilty. So far.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 06:21 PM
In their own sphere, NDSU's club hockey team is worthy of being considered on the same level of the JSU Southerners.

Bisonator98
12-23-2015, 06:23 PM
In their own sphere NDSU's swine program is at the same level as the JSU Southerners.

El_Chapo
12-23-2015, 06:24 PM

^^^^ this is why the terrorists want to kill us..... :facepalm2:

Diogenes
12-23-2015, 06:25 PM

That would not be the problem in Alabama. Even the Sioux Falls region has big-time high school marching bands.

To their credit, most of the area high schools here have strong band programs, plus we pull a lot of students from West Georgia, and there is a HUGE amount of drum corps activity. As to total citizenry, Alabama is not hugely populated and shares that probably with both Dakotas.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2015, 06:25 PM
In their own sphere, NDSU's tailgate is on the same level of JSU's Southerners.

runtheoption
12-23-2015, 06:28 PM
In their own sphere, NDSU's club hockey team is worthy of being considered on the same level of the JSU Southerners.
Additionally, in their own sphere, the NDSU CE Bridge Building team is worthy of being considered on the same level of Da Marching Southerners. Last I checked, our affectionately nick-named bridge building team, "The Non-Marching Not-Southerners." drew 80,000+ people for their half-time performance during the 2015 Rugby World Cup final in Twickenham on Halloween. Nobody was there to watch rugby.