PDA

View Full Version : How bout that Bison defense?!?!?

Professor Chaos
12-19-2015, 03:13 PM
These guys deserve their own thread after their playoff performance this year. It's rivaling the 2011 team's defensive performance in the playoffs. So far in the playoffs they've faced a pass heavy offense in Montana, a run heavy offense in UNI, and a balanced offense in Richmond and held them all to season low yardage totals.

This Bison fan gives the 2015 NDSU defense one big "HUZZAH!"

wagsabison
12-19-2015, 03:14 PM
What's the ppg comparison? I'm too lazy to look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
12-19-2015, 03:18 PM
What's the ppg comparison? I'm too lazy to look

The 2011 team gave up 27 points in 4 playoff game (6.8 ppg). So far this year it's 26 points in 3 games (8.7 ppg).

Bisonator98
12-19-2015, 04:33 PM
They are playing lights out right now. I think everyone expected there to be some rough patches early in the season and there were but they've improved so much since the first game. Klieman nailed it when he said they would be playing better at the end of the year then some of our past teams and he was right. Youth and inexperience in Montana to a lot more maturity and experience now!

BisoninNWMN
12-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Ya, they are a damn good defense right now after some ups and downs earlier.

In 14 games so far, the defense is averaging 276.3/game and 15.7 points/game. Pretty good body of work so far.

DORMIE
12-19-2015, 05:04 PM
A great future ahead with only Smith, Champion and Schaetz as seniors.

ZHerd
12-19-2015, 05:17 PM
A great future ahead with only Smith, Champion and Schaetz as seniors.

Scariest part about next year is kicking/punting

A1pigskin
12-19-2015, 05:20 PM
The line, the middle, the backs were all amazing. Each one were making plays.

EC8CH
12-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Just noticed it was Caleb Bulter dropping back with great coverage on their star RB on an early 3rd down. Wow... That kid has some potential to be a great player.

Bisonwinagn
12-19-2015, 05:29 PM
It's amazing how much the defense has improved during the year. They are now playing better than last years defense who was loaded with stars. The difference being this team is fresh, healthy, deeper, and more athletic than last year. Bodes well for the next few years.

A1pigskin
12-19-2015, 05:34 PM
It's amazing how much the defense has improved during the year. They are now playing better than last years defense who was loaded with stars. The difference being this team is fresh, healthy, deeper, and more athletic than last year. Bodes well for the next few years.

I was thinking the same thing....

TateMosersneighbor
12-19-2015, 05:36 PM
They've played well all year minus the Montana first game. The middle of our schedule was very tough and they got through it well. I don't think people realize that many of these guys haven't played a meaningful game in a few years and it'd take them a few games to get that game speed back. Look at MJ as an example. He's been behind some pretty decent guys...last time he REALLY played was over in good old Harvey...no way he steps in and figures it out without some time. Even practice reps doesn't quite do it. He definitely has got the game speed back.

I hope the best team wins today...and I hope we get Jax State. I want the boys on defense to go up against #1, Undefeated, All-American QB...and see what happens.

wagsabison
12-19-2015, 05:38 PM
They've played well all year minus the Montana first game. The middle of our schedule was very tough and they got through it well. I don't think people realize that many of these guys haven't played a meaningful game in a few years and it'd take them a few games to get that game speed back. Look at MJ as an example. He's been behind some pretty decent guys...last time he REALLY played was over in good old Harvey...no way he steps in and figures it out without some time. Even practice reps doesn't quite do it. He definitely has got the game speed back.

I hope the best team wins today...and I hope we get Jax State. I want the boys on defense to go up against #1, Undefeated, All-American QB...and see what happens.

Exactly! I'm rooting for Jax St

bisonpride4ever
12-19-2015, 10:57 PM
Doing some looking at the stats and this season the Bison D has gone up against the #4, 6, and 10 ranked rushers in the FCS this season in Jacobi Green, John Santiago, and Aaron Bailey respectively.

These three players combined for 4,388 yds and 56TD's. The Bison D held these three to 233yds and 1 TD for an average of 57.5yds. As we all know a majority of this came from Bailey in the first UNI game.

With Jacksonville St winning this game, the Bison D will face the 5th ranked rusher in Troymane Pope. After today's game Pope will move up to #3.

I think the Bison will be ready.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

Mr Meaty
12-19-2015, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=bisonpride4ever;1080355]Doing some looking at the stats and this season the Bison D has gone up against the #4, 6, and 10 ranked rushers in the FCS this season in Jacobi Green, John Santiago, and Aaron Bailey respectively.

These three players combined for 4,388 yds and 56TD's. The Bison D held these three to 233yds and 1 TD for an average of 57.5yds. As we all know a majority of this came from Bailey in the first UNI game.

With Jacksonville St winning this game, the Bison D will face the 5th ranked rusher in Troymane Pope.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch[/QUOTE

Just a simple question . How do you divide 233 by 3 and get 57.5???

bisonpride4ever
12-19-2015, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=bisonpride4ever;1080355]Doing some looking at the stats and this season the Bison D has gone up against the #4, 6, and 10 ranked rushers in the FCS this season in Jacobi Green, John Santiago, and Aaron Bailey respectively.

With Jacksonville St winning this game, the Bison D will face the 5th ranked rusher in Troymane Pope.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch[/QUOTE

Just a simple question . How do you divide 233 by 3 and get 57.5???

Sorry I was going by average per game since we played UNI twice there were 4 games.

Mr Meaty
12-19-2015, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Meaty;1080356]

Sorry I was going by average per game since we played UNI twice there were 4 games.

Ok I get that now. Did not think of that.

Mr Meaty
12-19-2015, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Meaty;1080356]

Ok I get that now. Did not think of that.

17>1
12-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Just noticed it was Caleb Bulter dropping back with great coverage on their star RB on an early 3rd down. Wow... That kid has some potential to be a great player.

May have happened more than once I suppose, but the one pass over the middle on 3rd down to Green that went incomplete with great coverage was covered by Menard, IIRC.

BisonNation11
12-20-2015, 12:01 AM
May have happened more than once I suppose, but the one pass over the middle on 3rd down to Green that went incomplete with great coverage was covered by Menard, IIRC.
I'm with EC8CH, I believe it was Butler which is what really made me remember it. He had a couple of plays that I was really impressed with.

Snowgoose
12-20-2015, 12:06 AM
I am so impressed with Menard. Not only is he a dominate true sophomore but an academic all american. What a steal we got there.

17>1
12-20-2015, 12:47 AM
I'm with EC8CH, I believe it was Butler which is what really made me remember it. He had a couple of plays that I was really impressed with.

Right on, I stand corrected. I just remember the one play because it looked like maybe some contact and I was holding my breath for a possible flag, and nothing came. Didn't key on Butler at all to be honest.

Edit:Checked the stats and Butler had a pass breakup. Maybe I'm thinking of a different play all together. Good for Caleb tho!

Christopher Moen
12-20-2015, 07:02 AM
Doing some looking at the stats and this season the Bison D has gone up against the #4, 6, and 10 ranked rushers in the FCS this season in Jacobi Green, John Santiago, and Aaron Bailey respectively.

With Jacksonville St winning this game, the Bison D will face the 5th ranked rusher in Troymane Pope. After today's game Pope will move up to #3.

I wonder what their rankings would have been if they didn't have to play the Bison Defense?

Kevin
12-20-2015, 09:21 AM
I wonder what their rankings would have been if they didn't have to play the Bison Defense?

Everyone was talking up Richmond's back with his 1400 yards in 8 games or whatever it was. He didn't even manage 9 Zenners.

I don't expect this to be any different.

bisonpride4ever
12-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Everyone was talking up Richmond's back with his 1400 yards in 8 games or whatever it was. He didn't even manage 9 Zenners.

I don't expect this to be any different.

My favorite part of that game was ESPN drooling over Richmond's stats and then the first play from scrimmage, MJ damn near tears their RB in half for a loss and then Schaetz does the same to their QB on the next play.

When Sammy was actually in a position to make a tackle yesterday, with the exception of PJ Hall, they wanted no part of doing it.