PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Post Game Thoughts

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:07 AM
1) Buffalo Rider and others this is one instance where I'm glad to be able to say I told you so. East coast teams don't play the same physical football we do. Until one steps up and beats us I'll pick against them in a blow out every time.
2) Offense was very efficient. Great to see long drives. Frazier is really coming into his own at the right time of the year. That fumble about gave me a heart attack though.
3) Can we sneak Keller back on this team and hope no one notices?
4) Great defense effort again. DeLuca, CJ Smith and Ambrosius all stood out.
5) Thank God we don't play in the SoCon. Those were the worst refs I've seen all season. They looked lost most of the time.
6) Bruce Anderson still needs more carries but I liked seeing some plays designed to get him into space.
7) Stick played well but those late passes to the sideline could have burned us. Needs to work on that. Assuming he's going to start the Title game that is.
8) Happy for Perkins. He's been close to doing that a few times this year. It was great to see and it came at a time that we really needed it.
9) Speaking of making a play when we need it how about Dempsey? Too bad a bs PI call negated his second.
10) Thank you seniors. What a ride.

tony
12-19-2015, 03:11 AM
#4 I'd add that Stumpf came out on fire.

#11. Vraa was outstanding which was amazing considering that he took a huge shot to the head on his catch - I didn't think he was going to come back in.

GOBISON123
12-19-2015, 03:16 AM
A big shout out to our Coaches for a solid game planning....

yopaulie
1) Buffalo Rider and others this is one instance where I'm glad to be able to say I told you so. East coast teams don't play the same physical football we do. Until one steps up and beats us I'll pick against them in a blow out every time.
2) Offense was very efficient. Great to see long drives. Frazier is really coming into his own at the right time of the year. That fumble about gave me a heart attack though.
3) Can we sneak Keller back on this team and hope no one notices?
4) Great defense effort again. DeLuca, CJ Smith and Ambrosius all stood out.
5) Thank God we don't play in the SoCon. Those were the worst refs I've seen all season. They looked lost most of the time.
6) Bruce Anderson still needs more carries but I liked seeing some plays designed to get him into space.
7) Stick played well but those late passes to the sideline could have burned us. Needs to work on that. Assuming he's going to start the Title game that is.
8) Happy for Perkins. He's been close to doing that a few times this year. It was great to see and it came at a time that we really needed it.
9) Speaking of making a play when we need it how about Dempsey? Too bad a bs PI call negated his second.
10) Thank you seniors. What a ride.

Ambrosius just dominated that right tackle. Pre-game talk really pumped up their Oline. Wasn't even close - our dline just crushed it against them.

Kevin
I'm hoping we get Jacksonville St in Frisco but in either case I'm not looking forward to hearing the same manufactured hype we had to endure with Richmond and everyone else before them during this run. The Bison deserve to be heavy favorites regardless of who we play.

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 03:18 AM
Still really baffled by ISUr's performance last week. Not the same team that beat UNI. Glad we didn't have to play them tonight, they would have found a way to play us closer.

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:18 AM
#4 I'd add that Stumpf came out on fire.

#11. Vraa was outstanding which was amazing considering that he took a huge shot to the head on his catch - I didn't think he was going to come back in.

Agreed about Vraa. I said in the GDT that I was really glad to see him involved early. He's been a consistent force for so long. He'll definitely be missed.

scottietohottie
12-19-2015, 03:19 AM
Dethrone this

Kevin
Still really baffled by ISUr's performance last week. Not the same team that beat UNI. Glad we didn't have to play them tonight, they would have found a way to play us closer.

Agreed but I think we'd of still taken out ISUr. It just would have been far more physical. CAA teams don't play on an MVFC level. They aren't physically capable.

The Bison made this look easy.

BlueHawkAlumni
NDSU is more physical than most.

Wasnt there someone complaining about perkins in one of the post game threads ? He is a stud and flat out fast.

GOBISON123

Bad game planning by ISUr. They came out good after the 1st half, but it was too late.

Kingslayer
12-19-2015, 03:20 AM
knew it would be a blowout from the word go. teams just don't come in here the first attempt and do well. ONTO FRISCO AGAIN BABY

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:21 AM

Wasnt there someone complaining about perkins in one of the post game threads ? He is a stud and flat out fast.

The criticism of Perkins is similar to what Dudzik got a few years back. You hold your breath because you know it's either going to be amazing a complete train wreck. Both guys sometimes try to do too much.

Which is probably why we send CJ Smith back when we need to be safe with the ball.

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2015, 03:21 AM
I am bored stuff with fcs football. Lol at Richmond fans that were so confident being giant slayers

bisonridge
12-19-2015, 03:23 AM
If our defense plays the way it has been playing, allowing 14 points in two games against some of the best teams in the country. All I have to say is good luck to the winner of tomorrows game.

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:25 AM
I am bored stuff with fcs football. Lol at Richmond fans that were so confident being giant slayers

I agree. People were upset about the potential MVFC rematches but at least those had potential to be real games. The post season tends to be far easier for us than the regular season.

I'm really not looking forward to three weeks about how we've never seen an offense like Jacksonville and how southern speed is going to torch our defense and our one dimensional QB. Same old song and dance.

HoopsBison
12-19-2015, 03:26 AM
Not much to complain about...obv field goal kicking is the one big issue.

Congrats to the players and coaching staff.

tony
12-19-2015, 03:26 AM

As they should have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZLIC4T9uE

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:28 AM
At least they'll always have 2008.

Bison4peat
12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
I agree, but this team has really raised the bar since USD. The switch has been flipped, they are playing out of there minds for this freshman QB.

Kingslayer
12-19-2015, 03:31 AM
Where was Shepherd today?

Bison4peat
12-19-2015, 03:32 AM

You have the Gophers and Horns to follow. They are good at football so you should be OK.

NDSUSR
12-19-2015, 03:34 AM
If this team cleans up a few mistakes and can get Cam back on track they will be unstoppable.

Winning is Gr8
12-19-2015, 03:39 AM
i love this team and the way they seem to play for each other and don't seem to complain.

4 RB that all could see carries and they are all cheering others when they have good runs.

Fix the FG issue and not sure we can be beat. (Need to recruit a K and P for next year- they are vital to field position games like last week.)

NFH Schlüssel
12-19-2015, 03:39 AM
Was it Cam or Ben who played with the flu tonight?

Wally
12-19-2015, 03:40 AM
Was it Cam or Ben who played with the flu tonight?

Ben. Just heard Coach say that in the post game.

bisonp
12-19-2015, 03:40 AM
If you would have told me we would be going to Texas again after losing Wentz for half the season, I never would have believed it. Heck, after Montana I thought this team would be lucky to make the Quarters. But it hasn't been luck, this team learned in a hurry and they earned this.

Words can't describe this team, this program, this run, just frickin' amazing.

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 03:41 AM

Seems like he discovered a new overdrive gear this year? He seemed more steady and reliable, than dynamic, in past years. He has a unique giddy up, kind of quirky, burst that is really fun to watch.

wtffootballfan
12-19-2015, 03:41 AM
Stick with Stick!!!

NDSUSR
12-19-2015, 03:43 AM
John Crockett is booking his flight to Frisco.

NFH Schlüssel
12-19-2015, 03:46 AM

Does he have another year of eligibility? :biggrin:

X-Factor
12-19-2015, 03:47 AM
You have the Gophers and Horns to follow. They are good at football so you should be OK.
Couldn't have said it any better than 52-10.

SoCalBison
12-19-2015, 03:48 AM
You know, for a rebuilding year, I think we're doing OK.

wtffootballfan
12-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Ben. Just heard Coach say that in the post game.

Is there a link to the post game press conference?

CaBisonFan
12-19-2015, 03:51 AM
The score could have been a LOT worse for Richmond. They lucked out.

VirginiaBison
12-19-2015, 03:52 AM
Where was Shepherd today?

I get the impression that this team has so many weapons, that Bison "hide" some of them from week to week so the opponent may forget about them. I thought that the UNI game was played pretty vanilla showing only enough to win.

Kevin
Is there a link to the post game press conference?

They usually post them to to @NDSUAthletics twitter account when they're up. @BisoNation is good about retweeting them as well.

yopaulie
If you would have told me we would be going to Texas again after losing Wentz for half the season, I never would have believed it. Heck, after Montana I thought this team would be lucky to make the Quarters. But it hasn't been luck, this team learned in a hurry and they earned this.

Words can't describe this team, this program, this run, just frickin' amazing.

I believe Klieman has done an amazing job this year getting the defense turned around, to the point where I think they are better than last years D, and possibly equal to the 2012 defense. I noticed Klieman last week directly coaching the D while on the bench, so guessing he became more hands in directing on after the 1st Montana game. The adjustment of inserting Grimsley at Safety was good one - and not widely discused. I think MJ, PGT, Ambrosious, Menard have all improved so much since game 1.

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 03:54 AM
I get the impression that this team has so many weapons, that Bison "hide" some of them from week to week so the opponent may forget about them. I thought that the UNI game was played pretty vanilla showing only enough to win.

I don't think we played vanilla on purpose against UNI - just a tough set of matchups. But agree otherwise - a good example was the TD pass play to Morlock. Think we pulled that play from earlier in the year.

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:55 AM
Does he have another year of eligibility? :biggrin:

Better question: can he kick?

Bisonator98
12-19-2015, 03:56 AM
Coaching staff has to find a kicker next season. Not sure Cam is going to regain confidence. Need a scholly worthy kicker.

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:57 AM
Coaching staff has to find a kicker next season. Not sure Cam is going to regain confidence. Need a scholly worthy kicker.

Let's just pray the national championship doesn't come down to a kick.

SoCalBison
12-19-2015, 03:58 AM
Where all deh spidey fans at?

NDSUSR
12-19-2015, 03:58 AM

Like the screen that has been effective for 8-20 yards 100% of the time.

X-Factor
12-19-2015, 03:59 AM
I believe Klieman has done an amazing job this year getting the defense turned around, to the point where I think they are better than last years D, and possibly equal to the 2012 defense. I noticed Klieman last week directly coaching the D while on the bench, so guessing he became more hands in directing on after the 1st Montana game. The adjustment of inserting Grimsley at Safety was good one - and not widely discused. I think MJ, PGT, Ambrosious, Menard have all improved so much since game 1.
Absolutely impressive what they have done with the D. It is amazing what this unit has done after what they graduated last year. Kleiman said they would be more athletic and explosive, but it would take a while for them to get going. I was very skeptical. By God he was dead on. It is scarry to think we return 8 starters next year. Could 2016 be the best Bison D ever? Hard to fathom....

Kevin
12-19-2015, 03:59 AM

Their vastly superior liberal arts department has created a time machine to go back to 2008.

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 04:03 AM

Seemed like Cam played so well most of the regular season - I hope we stick with him and he turns it around. I remember after the Montana game, we were very excited to see him come in and kick so well.

Kicking sure has such a huge mental aspect to it.

Bisonguy
How soon before the post-game presser is uploaded?

Sounds like it's a good one:

Mike McFeely ‏@MikeMcFeelyWDAY 35m35 minutes ago
Chris Klieman enters press conference and says to wife, "Come here, mama, and give me some love."

yopaulie

Seemed like Cam played so well most of the regular season - I hope we stick with him and he turns it around. I remember after the Montana game, we were very excited to see him come in and kick so well.

Kicking sure has such a huge mental aspect to it.

DM05
12-19-2015, 04:09 AM
1) Apparently our defense has all agreed to not allow rushing yards any more.
2) Our offensive line is truly offensive. Richmond knew what was coming all second half and we still got 5 yards/carry.
3) Stick has been incredible. Said it before, but right now he is Jensen 2.0. Excited to see how much better he can get over the next 3 years.
4) Polasek called a pretty damn good game. Only complaint would be the awful trick play where the oline didn't move...that was stupid.
5) PI calls were rough, but no complaints. We play aggressive D, we are gonna get some of those.
6) Crowd was crazy, Richmond had no clue what they were getting into. They do now...
7) Hope we get Jax St.

This program is absolutely incredible. I really hope everyone is appreciating this run. We lost 7 defensive starters and an NFL running back from last year, plus a future NFL QB midway through this year. And after all that, we have just had arguably the most dominant 3 game stretch since the 2013 playoffs. One more game, send the seniors out with a fistful o' rings!

Kevin
12-19-2015, 04:09 AM

Not long usually.

Bison4peat
12-19-2015, 04:13 AM

It's crazy how important this part of the game is, and how hard it is to find a good one. Look at how the NFL teams struggle with it. A trend away from it's importance will have a positive impact in the game itself into the future. IMHO

aces1180
12-19-2015, 04:16 AM

That's something Saul would say, lol

SafeTeeJ
12-19-2015, 04:17 AM
Coach K has not done a good job with his use. Not a confidence builder having him try 54 and 52 yarders last week. then putting him in again to make a tough 44 yard field goal.
sure the kid can and should make the 37 yarder... but hell what confidence would ANY kicker, even pro have at that point?

3rd down calls at that point should have been to set up to go for it on 4th down. I put it 90% on the coach.

HerdBot
12-19-2015, 04:19 AM
We kicked their ass on all levels. On offense, defense, and special teams. Their entire offense looked she'll shocked. Even their mascot and cheerleaders got their ass kicked.

Hammerhead
12-19-2015, 04:25 AM
Funny how ESPN didn't include our college division championships done by a vote while they did count all of Alabama's championships that were just votes and not playoffs.

HerdBoy
12-19-2015, 04:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opgpa-JLGZU

17>1
12-19-2015, 04:28 AM
Not much to add really, just a couple of observations.

The play from Stick to Vraa on the Bison sideline early on for a first down was an NFL type throw and catch. The LB'er dropped underneath and Easton had to put it over him and Zach went up and got it. Great play!!
The TD to Chase had a similar result as the wheel routes? we saw early in the year, but this one looked set up a bit different...maybe I'm imagining things.
Perk has definitely turned into an amazing punt returner and is playing with a ton of confidence back there.
Our defense, wow.
Our offensive line, wow.
Our FG kicking game right now, wow. Special teams was a disaster tonight. I'm usually the half glass full guy and I'm not asking for perfection....but we gotta be able to make the FG's from 40 and in....and we can't be missing XP's either. Heck, let Cam try a 50 yarder again before the half and see what happens?
I was upset that Richmond went for that 4th and short early in the second. Sure, we missed the FG after that and they lucked out. But I think that's bad coaching right there. Down 13-0 and you should be thinking field position. Reminded me of Mo St trying a fake punt inside their own 20. Use that opportunity to coach and teach your players how to play football the right way, don't set them up for failure.
That 4th quarter drive was sweeeeeeeet. Maybe that'll quiet down the anti Polasek more power run game crowd for a day or two.
Sure wish the wave got going, one of my favorite traditions, but there's always next year.

See y'all in Texas!

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 04:28 AM
Coach K has not done a good job with his use. Not a confidence builder having him try 54 and 52 yarders last week. then putting him in again to make a tough 44 yard field goal.
sure the kid can and should make the 37 yarder... but hell what confidence would ANY kicker, even pro have at that point?

3rd down calls at that point should have been to set up to go for it on 4th down. I put it 90% on the coach.

While this shouldn't be necessary, it seems like Cam could really use the ball between the hashes. When it is on the right hash, he is really struggling.

While the post-season has been brutal for him, I'd like to see the Bison stick with him - my gut says he will still be really good over the next three years.

GOBISON123
12-19-2015, 04:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opgpa-JLGZU

Just an old fashioned Ass Whopping

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 04:33 AM
Just an old fashioned Ass Whopping

And much better coaches' shirts compared to those horizontal striped doozies last year.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2015, 04:34 AM
The Redbirds looked like the Bison against USD.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ndsu84
12-19-2015, 04:35 AM
The Bison defense was out of this world tonight! They were hitting so hard you could see some spiders hanging their heads in the first half. Every part of the defense was awesome!

Polesek had his best game. Still has moments. Get and stay conservative once the only way Richmond could come back was with quick scores.

Offense was great though. The Bison are really special.

Edit to add...oh yeah, King has really upped his game. Turning into a real punishing runner.

Perkins did fantastic. I said we needed someone more productive in there on punt return and now he's done it. Great job.

MAKBison
12-19-2015, 04:35 AM
I don't think the spiders were leaning in far enough.

Bison4peat
12-19-2015, 04:37 AM

So personal X factor. l will always go with Longhorns prediction of 52 -10 other guys. Quit slow playin me.:)

grizlandbisonfan
12-19-2015, 04:39 AM
Tre Dempseys mom on bison rewind for the win!!!

scottietohottie
12-19-2015, 04:40 AM
Lol spiders

Vet70
12-19-2015, 04:40 AM
Sixty seven posts and no one gives King any credit or recognition. Over a thousand yards for the year and 121 today. When Wentz went down someone flipped a switch and he has run hard. I know some people don't like his running style, but gee whiz.

td577
12-19-2015, 04:41 AM
While this shouldn't be necessary, it seems like Cam could really use the ball between the hashes. When it is on the right hash, he is really struggling.

While the post-season has been brutal for him, I'd like to see the Bison stick with him - my gut says he will still be really good over the next three years.

He can't do any worse. Seriously though, he has the leg strength to nail most of the kicks asked of him, he just has to work on accuracy. I think most guys come in at a young age worried about both. So, he has that working for him that he just has to work on accuracy.

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2015, 04:42 AM
I'm sorry, you've done what for ndsu's unprecedented run?

MAKBison
12-19-2015, 04:43 AM
Sixty seven posts and no one gives King any credit or recognition. Over a thousand yards for the year and 121 today. When Wentz went down someone flipped a switch and he has run hard. I know some people don't like his running style, but gee whiz.

I have noticed him.....running with attitude!

scottietohottie
12-19-2015, 04:43 AM

I can't feel my face when I'm with you

X-Factor
12-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Certainly more than a superstitious lie.....but then again lesser educated folk tend to believe in that stuff. So whatever floats your boat

1998braves64
12-19-2015, 04:49 AM
The PI calls were pretty lame unless there was something I missed entirely. After hearing Lecompte was sick (radio said he didn't come to locker room until 5pm and had ivs until game time and halftime, makes some of the kicking woes understandable. As he was involved in every single bad kick. I'm not ready to give up on Cam he isn't shanking them or missing by a lot. Maybe with a offseason of work he can make improvements.

5 in a row to Frisco, Maher Maso should be happy. Wonder if they find out in the next week if they get the next 3 years?

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

WFBisonFan
12-19-2015, 04:53 AM
1 - "The noise won't be a factor." Bahahahahahahahahahaha
2 - Our "D" is lights out.
3 - King Frazier is on a mission.
4 - The Back Judge that threw the flag on the 2 PI calls..absolutely atrocious.
5 - Stick continues to get better.
6 - Carson doesn't dress?!?!?!? I'm thinking it's less than 10% chance he does in Frisco too.
7 - I doubt we kick many FG's in the Natty if it's 4th and 5 or less inside the 40.

GOBISON123
12-19-2015, 04:54 AM
Easton threw decent passes. He has a decent arm. In my opinion he needs to work on timing just a bit thats it.

Kevin
12-19-2015, 04:55 AM
1 - "The noise won't be a factor." Bahahahahahahahahahaha
2 - Our "D" is lights out.
3 - King Frazier is on a mission.
4 - The Back Judge that threw the flag on the 2 PI calls..absolutely atrocious.
5 - Stick continues to get better.
6 - Carson doesn't dress?!?!?!? I'm thinking it's less than 10% chance he does in Frisco too.
7 - I doubt we kick many FG's in the Natty if it's 4th and 5 or less inside the 40.

I hope he dresses but Stick starts. If by some disaster we're down late I'd like Klieman to have the option of sending Wentz out there. He's proven he can move the ball when everything is on the line.

ZHerd
12-19-2015, 04:56 AM

And the wolf shirts haven't even been mentioned. So many ingrates out there

17>1
12-19-2015, 04:59 AM
You know what I don't like, when they play music pretty loudly during the opppositions huddle on offense. "Raise a little hell, raise a little hell, raise a little hell!!" I love our crowd noise but frankly I think the piped in music is too much. If I was a visiting coach and my team was in the Fargodome for a playoff game, I might say something to an official. I remember that Bob Morris game and how it was basically just crowd noise that day and nothing else. Things changed a lot after NDSU went to Montana St that next week and saw what was allowed.

Bisonwinagn
12-19-2015, 05:03 AM
This team is the most healthy and fresh they have been in the last five years which has made a huge impact in the playoffs. Good job by the coaches to rotate a lot of players this year to give them experience and keep them fresh. Last years defense was playing hurt and tired because they played the starters almost every snap. Of course the depth is better too.

stevdock
12-19-2015, 05:04 AM
The FCS world had about 7 games to bury the Bison. USD even took quite a chunk out of our armor but they (FCS) just never could get rid of us. Now we are in the middle of one of the most impressive playoff runs in memory (mainly because of strength of competition) and there's no slowing us down. I'd love to go down to Frisco to celebrate #5 but I'm already trying to figure out how to be there for #6.

NDSUSR
12-19-2015, 05:07 AM
Thanks Uber!

Notice the cars on Uber tonight?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWkHXj3U8AA6VOc.jpg

Bison4peat
12-19-2015, 05:08 AM
[QUOTE=stevdock;1079897]The FCS world had about 7 games to bury the Bison. USD even took quite a chunk out of our armor but they (FCS) just never could get rid of us. Now we are in the middle of one of the most impressive playoff runs in memory (mainly because of strength of competition) and there's no slowing us down. I'd love to go down to Frisco to celebrate #5 but I'm already trying to figure out how to be there for #6.[/QUOTE We have no chance in this world Steve.

Bison Loaf
12-19-2015, 05:09 AM
Can we finally put to bed the notion that Perkins doesn't belong back there returning punts. :facepalm:

EC8CH
12-19-2015, 05:12 AM
Can we finally put to bed the notion that Perkins doesn't belong back there returning punts. :facepalm:

Exactly. Been saying since last year the kid is a skilled returner.

wtffootballfan
12-19-2015, 05:13 AM

Complaining about the refs.

Ndsu84
12-19-2015, 05:17 AM
The piped in music was too much. I've never thought that before but tonight they were louder and longer than I remember them ever being. Turn it down and let the crowd be the force.

Vet70
12-19-2015, 05:22 AM

Drowning their sorrows after their team was run over by a herd of Bison.

Bison Loaf
12-19-2015, 05:23 AM
And where are all the Bisonville "experts" that said this was going to be a close game (and, in fact, say the same damn thing every week)? How foolish do you look now?

Goes to show that one should never, EVER underestimate the Bison. We are still the champs until proven otherwise. (drops mic and walks off) :)

(And I'll save you all having to read the script again for the next three long weeks…………….."Jacksonville St. or Sam Houston is really, really good and we've got out work cut out for us unless 1. the OC gets his shit together 2. we play power football 3. Carson Wentz plays, or 4. we whittle our running back rotation down to 2 backs.") :facepalm:

BisonEngrGirl
Stick will be > Jensen. I think he already was today. He killed today. Coach P did a lot better. He had a good game plan imo and he stuck to what was working on the field MOST of the time. The O and D lines were seriously ridiculous. When we win in the trenches we come out on top. I feel bad for Cam. He's a good kicker but needs to find a way to get out of his head. He has had a lot put on his shoulders this season. I'm so happy we are peaking right as we head to our winter home in a few weeks. I LOVE BEING A BISON!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OatmealWicket92
Well I had a bit of an emergency come up so I had to record and watch. Man what a game by the defense....

BamaBison1
12-19-2015, 05:25 AM
If we can get a handle on the kicking game, I like our chances in Frisco. Our defense is incandescent right now!

1998braves64
12-19-2015, 05:26 AM
I have little doubt that Carson will dress. He will see the field just like Grant Olsen did with his torn ACL at minimum. Could even mop up if it ends up being a game like today. Stick will have the privilege of saying he gave way to a 1st or 2nd round draft pick to mop up after him!

I didn't have a problem with piped music likely due to half of the marching band gone for Christmas.

bisonp
12-19-2015, 05:31 AM
The piped in music was too much. I've never thought that before but tonight they were louder and longer than I remember them ever being. Turn it down and let the crowd be the force.

I thought it was about the same the past 3 games. Of course, the speakers in section 12 have been out all three games.

I am watching the replay now and I have noticed ESPN is playing more crowd, band, and stadium sounds than they have in the past.

Wally
12-19-2015, 05:32 AM

Hope so. That means no pack in playoffs! It actually could end up like 2012. Bison natty at noon,
Vikes/Pack playoff after. At least we won't have to watch joe Webb at qb

number1bisonfan
12-19-2015, 05:33 AM
I agree about the piped in music, I get it during the time outs and when we have larger gaps to fill, but when they are huddling, let the crowd create the noise, we don't need it. Feels disrespectful.

Wally
12-19-2015, 05:35 AM
If we can get a handle on the kicking game, I like our chances in Frisco. Our defense is incandescent right now!

I'm guessing that's the 1st time the word 'incandescent' has been used on BV:)

OatmealWicket92
12-19-2015, 05:35 AM
1 more thing to add. I liked Perkins all year in that role and he finally looked awesome. 3 special team TDs is awesome

BisonTru
12-19-2015, 05:38 AM
Richmond's Postgame Press Conference

http://www.richmondspiders.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4832822

1998braves64
12-19-2015, 05:39 AM
Dom tweeting we're the home team.

#NDSU will be the home team from what I've been told for the national championship game in Frisco.

Bison 4 Life
12-19-2015, 05:46 AM
Richmond's Postgame Press Conference

http://www.richmondspiders.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4832822

Who is he looking at? He's got a pretty creepy stare.

Bison4peat
12-19-2015, 05:48 AM
I'm guessing that's the 1st time the word 'incandescent' has been used on BV:)

Possibly, great bulb for those that think were getting to hot though.

Kevin
12-19-2015, 05:49 AM
Their coach is a class act. Some others could learn a thing or two from him.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-19-2015, 05:56 AM
Shit, Bison children over at EGRIZ acting like assholes, or are they UND trolls pretending to be Bison fans.

Kevin
12-19-2015, 05:58 AM
Shit, Bison children over at EGRIZ acting like assholes, or are they UND trolls pretending to be Bison fans.

I was wondering the same thing. Pretty pathetic either way.

Putz
12-19-2015, 06:01 AM
Their coach is a class act. Some others could learn a thing or two from him.

I agree, nice to hear the compliments, but really nice to not hear a bunch of excuses from him. Looks like an intense guy.

reformedUNDfan
12-19-2015, 06:03 AM

He's got the leg

wtffootballfan
12-19-2015, 06:05 AM
NDSU gets home field at Frisco..

https://twitter.com/NDSUequipment/status/678097596712271872

reformedUNDfan
12-19-2015, 06:10 AM
I don't know if it's because noone has noticed or because noone will say it.

We're 2013 good right now.

BiZon22
12-19-2015, 06:16 AM

I wouldn't say that. Maybe this is the green and gold talking but that 2013 team was a top 15 team in ALL of D1. This team however is the next best thing to that

OatmealWicket92
12-19-2015, 06:21 AM
Coach Rocco had a great interview and I wish the Spiders well in the future with him at the helm.

IndyBison
12-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Both punt returns were side blocks. Look closely at the blocker's approach. Was he in Chase mode? Was contact only in the back?

First DPI call it does appear he cuts off the route with his atm beefier he releases and plays the ball. Second one the camera is too far back to see if there was a material restriction. The last one looks like a cutoff again. Hard to tell if the receiver cut it off on his own.

I think the offsides was missed, but it was close. Those aren't as easy as you think. But he has to get it. I saw a couple holds in the first half that possibly could have been called.

Overall they did fine. That was a pretty easy game to officiate. Lots of running plays in the middle is the reason.

My MVFC friends are disappointed They have been eliminated from the playoffs.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2015, 06:43 AM
Love how he is running. Dude rolled that guy on the last td!

ndsubison1
12-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Frazier running hard and has really progressed recently. I love the PA wheel route! Amazing how this defense has come together so quickly. I know UR was forced to pass early, but you will not beat the Bison if you can't be balanced offensively. Our defense frustrated them all night. This team/program is night and day better than the rest of this division. One more game. We will not lose. The defense will slow down whomever we play.

ndsubison1
12-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Agreed but I think we'd of still taken out ISUr. It just would have been far more physical. CAA teams don't play on an MVFC level. They aren't physically capable.

The Bison made this look easy.

CAA is not the same conference it once was. Maybe that's because of Ndsu and it has forced Valley teams to up their play.

ndsubison1
12-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Might be off, but for the most part did anyone notice that it seemed like both teams had big respect for one another?

BisoninNWMN
12-19-2015, 11:05 AM
YES....we do have a very good defense!!!

Bison_Pride
12-19-2015, 11:07 AM
http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_2635c018-fa9b-59bf-95bd-bc41a6fe240e.html

“They were physical from the get-go and I really think they were relentless,” UR quarterback Kyle Lauletta said of the NDSU defense. “Their effort on every single play was just unbelievable. They didn’t take any plays off.”

“They had a lot of second effort. They obviously wanted it really bad,” said UR linebacker Omar Howard, who was in on 17 tackles. “They’ve been in this situation four times (previously) so they know what needs to get done. Their O-line was definitely physical. They kept it driving (and) they had a whole stable of backs that wanted to run the ball and wanted to run it hard. “

-Also the writer comments about the loud canned music.

GreenfieldBison
12-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Yeah I like Danny Rocco - he seems to be a class act. I noticed in his presser early this week though that he had made what I thought at the time a fatal error in his calculation of the Bison. Paraphrasing his comments he stated that the Spiders were not going to play the four national championship teams or the program but rather they were going to play the 2015 Bison team. While that is of course technically correct he is dead wrong about the meat of that. It is very evident that whomever straps on a helmet and takes the field against the green and gold is going to meet eleven deeply motivated representatives of the the program.

Maybe he was just trying to not scare his kids and keep them believing.

CyPanth
12-19-2015, 01:24 PM
I predicted a 41-14 win. Not bad if I say so myself. Didn't expect the goal-line picks. Those were great defensive plays. Reminds me of last week. Not enough credit goes to your DBs for their coverage and how that ruined the UNI game plan. Nobody was ever open downfield and that gave the extra time for the DL to get to Bailey. Your DBs and DLs really help each other a lot.

jeffs
12-19-2015, 01:38 PM
It is scarry to think we return 8 starters next year. Could 2016 be the best Bison D ever? Hard to fathom....

I'be been saying this for a month. Next years team is going to be a monster. They do have Iowa on the schedule, but the 2013 team faced Kansas State who was coming off a big 12 championship year.

Heck even this years team is a few plays from being undefeated. I know they had close wins too.

ZHerd
12-19-2015, 01:51 PM
I'be been saying this for a month. Next years team is going to be a monster. They do have Iowa on the schedule, but the 2013 team faced Kansas State who was coming off a big 12 championship year.

Heck even this years team is a few plays from being undefeated. I know they had close wins too.

This playoff run has made me feel much better about that Iowa game. Iowa will be a top 10 team when we travel there next year but I think this Bison team will give them a more difficult game than half of their own B10 foes

BisonNation11
12-19-2015, 01:52 PM
DeLuca was a Dude, again. Great to see Brad A. have a great game. Would have been better if he didn't get held so much. Noise played a huge factor. King is turning into a beast. I still think he's slimmed down and with that came some speed to go with his strength. Lines are playing out of this world. Was not impressed by Richmond's coach at all. Had my respect by coming out to watch the opening ceremonies. Then he had his boys being chest thumpers and pretending to clap for the whole thing as if he's showing admiration. Then he holds his team back just enough so he can run them out at pretty much the same time. Then always referring to the team as "his team". Fine, you don't have a staff or people around you who help out. Big difference between him and our coaches. I think we opened his eyes and showed him psychology of football he wasn't aware of yet. Something I heard from Dempsey that really hit me during his radio interview was how the coaches simplified everything after the USD game. No more complex defense or offense. Put them in the right places and let them play fast. He gave a ton of credit to the coaches for making the changes necessary to be successful. Can't wait to see everyone in Frisco!

Mr Meaty
12-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Is there a link or anywhere Richmond post game presser is at

BisonTeacher
12-19-2015, 01:53 PM
(Cam) - I hope we stick with him

Disagree. The fact that the coaches keep putting him out there for long FG's is extremely puzzling. At this point....Anything in long FG range we should be going for it on 4th down. Or leave it to Lecompte. I have more confidence in our offense to get 3 or 4 yards than the kicker to hit a long FG. I know they want to try and build his confidence back up, but I think its backfiring on them right now. I feel bad for the kid. Obviously I hope he turns it around, but if they continue to put him out there and he misses...its on the coaches...not the kid at this point IMO.

When I was at NDSU in the early 90's people I knew used to say..."We don't kick field goals at North Dakota State!" (Because we ran the option so dominantly). Maybe its time to revisit that philosophy (the no FG part of it), at least for the rest of this season.

Hammerhead
12-19-2015, 01:57 PM

This year's average playoff margin of victory is about 10 points less than the 2015 season through the semifinals.

Winning is Gr8
12-19-2015, 02:08 PM
To me CJ Smith is as important to this team as anyone. He defends the top WR each week and allows the S to run support or jump the short routs.

I know the D was young against MT in Aug but look what happened without him in coverage. Huge drop off even between him and Champion let alone one of the Freshman that would take his place. He will be missed next year more than most people realize. (He allows the d to do many things they couldn't without a shutdown CB)

Snowgoose
12-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Th defense has done a massive 180. Stumpf is playing great. The offensive line is doing what we thought they would do at the beginning of the year it just seemed it took them a while to get healthy.

I blasted Frazier the first half of the year but he is doing really well now. He is running extremely hard as others have noted.

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2015, 02:22 PM
wonder what its like to be an opposing player or fan and you hear "If you're going to play in Texas, you gotta had a fiddle in the band"...and the crowd erupts. haha

GOBISON123
12-19-2015, 02:24 PM

Wentz was a throwing QB, one could argue that King did not get many touches on the ball and not settled. Easton running the ball changed the situation and helped King, I think

Vet70
12-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Guess who made the front page of the Forum---Tatanka should sue for having his likeness used without his permission.

Kingslayer
12-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Guess who made the front page of the Forum---Tatanka should sue for having his likeness used without his permission.
Picture...

BisoninNWMN
12-19-2015, 02:29 PM
To me CJ Smith is as important to this team as anyone. He defends the top WR each week and allows the S to run support or jump the short routs.

I know the D was young against MT in Aug but look what happened without him in coverage. Huge drop off even between him and Champion let alone one of the Freshman that would take his place. He will be missed next year more than most people realize. (He allows the d to do many things they couldn't without a shutdown CB)

CJ will be missed but there are very good young CBs that will take his place. Secondary will be fine next year IMO.

Vet70
12-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Picture...

Likeness=picture.

PaBizon
12-19-2015, 03:02 PM
DeLuca was a Dude, again. Great to see Brad A. have a great game. Would have been better if he didn't get held so much. Noise played a huge factor. King is turning into a beast. I still think he's slimmed down and with that came some speed to go with his strength. Lines are playing out of this world. Was not impressed by Richmond's coach at all. Had my respect by coming out to watch the opening ceremonies. Then he had his boys being chest thumpers and pretending to clap for the whole thing as if he's showing admiration. Then he holds his team back just enough so he can run them out at pretty much the same time. Then always referring to the team as "his team". Fine, you don't have a staff or people around you who help out. Big difference between him and our coaches. I think we opened his eyes and showed him psychology of football he wasn't aware of yet. Something I heard from Dempsey that really hit me during his radio interview was how the coaches simplified everything after the USD game. No more complex defense or offense. Put them in the right places and let them play fast. He gave a ton of credit to the coaches for making the changes necessary to be successful. Can't wait to see everyone in Frisco!
I agree. Listening to the post game he says a lot of "I" and "My". Good leaders focus on "We" and "Us".

Eight Legger
12-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Congrats, Bison! You pretty much kicked our asses in every way possible. Very impressive. Our lines on both sides of the ball were dominated all night long. I don't think it would have mattered where we played you guys last night, the outcome would have been the same. Sorry that we couldn't show any better, but still proud of our team for getting this far a year or two earlier than we expected. Good luck winning #5!

NorthernBison
12-19-2015, 03:26 PM

Agree. I was slow to give him credit earlier. The comparison with Champ is night and day.

Just watched the game again. When I saw it live, it really questioned the DPIs on Champ but the first two are pretty obvious on video. The third isn't clear but he damn sure acted guilty.

When he's beat he grabs and it happens a lot against big fast receivers. He's a good FCS corner and that works fine until you face a team with 2-3 legit threats.

I'll be interested to see who steps up at corner next year.

ndsubison1
12-19-2015, 03:30 PM
CJ will be missed but there are very good young CBs that will take his place. Secondary will be fine next year IMO.

Allison could emerge into a very good #1. He is pretty athletic.

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Congrats, Bison! You pretty much kicked our asses in every way possible. Very impressive. Our lines on both sides of the ball were dominated all night long. I don't think it would have mattered where we played you guys last night, the outcome would have been the same. Sorry that we couldn't show any better, but still proud of our team for getting this far a year or two earlier than we expected. Good luck winning #5!

Congrats on the good season...your team just ended up on the wrong side of the bracket. Thanks for beating Ill. state, but I hate to admit, I still think they were looking ahead at hosting NDSU over showing up vs a dangerous team like Richmond. I know you're tired of reading that.

I have no doubt you'd beat JSU or Sam Houston on the other bracket...and you'll be top 3 or 4 starting the season next year with what you have returning.

IF you have to return back to the Fargodome...at least you have the buzzsaw/shock factor out of the way...teams generally do better their second visit.

td577
12-19-2015, 03:33 PM

You should be proud of your team. You ran into a buzzsaw that is the playoff Bison. We have seen young teams come in riding high and the follow up is one of two paths. Either a program nose dives into despair thinking there is nothing they can do or they build on what they learned and get better. I think your program will fall into the latter. They seem hungry and if they are willing to put in the work, they now have a measuring stick. They can't take a day off working out in February, for example. There are a lot of people out there who don't realize the dedication a program puts into staying at this high of a level. As soon as the confetti falls, the returning Bison student/athletes are back to working on the next season. Every once in a while an opposing school realizes they have to exceed the level of dedication and work to finally get ahead. It seems the Spiders can be one of those programs.

td577
12-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Allison could emerge into a very good #1. He is pretty athletic.

I like Allison a lot and I also think he will develop into the next great #1 CB.

Bison Loaf
12-19-2015, 03:35 PM

We had a very important member of our tailgating group make a stirring toast to "King" before the game. Knew he was going to have another big game after that! :biggrin:

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Ill admit, im one of them...but its funny after 5 straight semi final wins, fans leaving the Fargodome last night look the same as a September win over Weber St.

Rock
12-19-2015, 03:40 PM
There are a lot of potential pros on this team.

Lecompte
Wentz
CJ Smith (amazing he doesn't get more media attention, not enough picks)
Joe Haeg

I would like to see Vraa take a chance at pro day. His hands and intelligence/routes understanding how to get space are wonderful.

Lot of young guys have a shot.

BiZon22
12-19-2015, 03:57 PM
This year's average playoff margin of victory is about 10 points less than the 2015 season through the semifinals.
2015? You mean 2013 correct?

MNLonghorn10
12-19-2015, 04:03 PM
There are a lot of potential pros on this team.

Lecompte
Wentz
CJ Smith (amazing he doesn't get more media attention, not enough picks)

I would like to see Vraa take a chance at pro day. His hands and intelligence/routes understanding how to get space are wonderful.

Lot of young guys have a shot.

http://replygif.net/i/1487.gif

Bison 4 Life
12-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Here's some post game analysis from KatFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by joechase1 View Post
This is how we will beat them:

We will spread the line.

We will do quick passes into the flat and quick passes over the middle.

We will eventually have success running up the middle.

On defense we will defend the run and try to force them into passing.

NDSU has:
No kicking game
A below average passing QB

What they do great is:
Run the ball
Pressure the QB

Execution can and will beat them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly! NDSU is not untouchable and they don't have as good of team as they have had. They were beat by 2 FCS teams this year. I'm glad our boys aren't Nancy's like some on here! Richmond doesn't have near the caliber of ball club we have.

Rock
12-19-2015, 04:13 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1487.gif

Yeah is a stretch, but think of some of his catches. Does a lot with what he has. Who knows, teams need practice guys. Maybe get name out for Canadian league.

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 04:13 PM

As long as Klieman is our head coach, I have absolute confidence that our secondary will be fine, at least by the 2nd half of the season. He did an amazing job coaching our D between 1st game learning to playoff dominance.

yopaulie
12-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Yeah is a stretch, but think of some of his catches. Does a lot with what he has. Who knows, teams need practice guys. Maybe get name out for Canadian league.

One of many players who is a loved favorite and great at our level, but not likely at the next. Dedicated, great hands, good routes, etc. Ala Travis Beck and others.

Bisonator98
12-19-2015, 04:18 PM

Lol wonder what their analysis is going to be after the Cocks beat their Kats today.

Bison 4 Life
12-19-2015, 04:23 PM
One of many players who is a loved favorite and great at our level, but not likely at the next. Dedicated, great hands, good routes, etc. Ala Travis Beck and others.

Might sneak in like Kole Heckendorf but likely the same result.

Rock
12-19-2015, 04:28 PM

Not making him a pro here, simply suggested he consider going out to pro day. Wentz needs someone to throw to and help him look good there anyway.

Personally I didn't think ryan smith was pro material but he had his shot and I believe decent up in canadia.

td577
12-19-2015, 04:33 PM

Everybody thinks they have a program that will do something different and better, yet typically the end results are similar. Teams don't generally change the way they operate and function successfully. They do what they do and roll with it. 2014 UNI was one of the few programs I have seen drastically work a different game plan and have success. It is rare.

The way you beat the Bison isn't through elaborate schemes. It is through out working, out executing, and out lasting the Bison for 60 minutes and then coupled with a few breaks along the way. I don't think the Bison are unbeatable, but I do think it takes a very special kind of effort to make it happen.

Rock
12-19-2015, 05:04 PM
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth"

Bisonwinagn
12-19-2015, 05:25 PM
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth"

over and over and over and over and over and over again!!

A1pigskin
12-19-2015, 05:25 PM
Damn good physical game the Bison put on period. This is my post thought.

TateMosersneighbor
12-19-2015, 05:27 PM
Entz and Klieman have the boys dialed in to say the least. Richmond managed just over 200 for the game, but 55 was on one play. The game was over very, very early as the best OL in FCS dominated from the get go. They are the reason we should be confident in Frisco, but this team still has much to work on. The fumble, penalties, missed FG, missed extra points...just signs of a "younger" team really.

I for one think that Cam needs a bachelor party. Tough run for him, they'll get his leg strength up so he's not having to give it hell on every kick...do we have a "legit" kicking coach on staff or is this covered by one of the others? I'd imagine they'll bring someone in to work with him before TX. I say run the kid out there...anything 40 or less. This team has picked each other up all year, why stop now? It's fun seeing these guys play...loved the other teams, but this one is something else. So many guys are playing well...King ran over #46 who was no slouch last night on that TD run...just a nutshell of the two teams.

No one can run the ball on this team.

A1pigskin
12-19-2015, 05:38 PM
There were a couple holding or pass interference during two interceptions that I thought were bogus calls.

KC Bison
12-19-2015, 05:39 PM
I think they were overconfident after beating ISU and then their coach said that they already had achieved a successful season. I think they completely lost any chance of not even winning but coming close.

Bisonator98
12-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Entz and Klieman have the boys dialed in to say the least. Richmond managed just over 200 for the game, but 55 was on one play. The game was over very, very early as the best OL in FCS dominated from the get go. They are the reason we should be confident in Frisco, but this team still has much to work on. The fumble, penalties, missed FG, missed extra points...just signs of a "younger" team really.

I for one think that Cam needs a bachelor party. Tough run for him, they'll get his leg strength up so he's not having to give it hell on every kick...do we have a "legit" kicking coach on staff or is this covered by one of the others? I'd imagine they'll bring someone in to work with him before TX. I say run the kid out there...anything 40 or less. This team has picked each other up all year, why stop now? It's fun seeing these guys play...loved the other teams, but this one is something else. So many guys are playing well...King ran over #46 who was no slouch last night on that TD run...just a nutshell of the two teams.

I don't think leg strength is an issue. He's got plenty of leg to get it there from 50+. It's confidence and his head right now. Hope he can work out of it.

Vet70
12-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Just got back from reading the Spider board and their in game thread---several wind up by saying that at least their football players are getting better degrees than ours. :facepalm:

Bisonator98
12-19-2015, 07:40 PM
Is the full post game press conference online anywhere? I watched the cut version of Rocco but looking for a full version.

westnodak93bison
12-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Just got back from reading the Spider board and their in game thread---several wind up by saying at that their football players are getting better degrees than ours. :facepalm:
Typical east coast liberal arts bias. What a joke. No different than ivy league arrogance. Screw them.

ZHerd
12-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Just got back from reading the Spider board and their in game thread---several wind up by saying at that their football players are getting better degrees than ours. :facepalm:

I saw that. In the process they didn't mention any of a decent group of Bison players getting engineering degrees

EC8CH
12-19-2015, 07:55 PM

That's pretty classless.

No_Skill
12-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Rewatching the game. The Imperial March! Love it!

MAKBison
12-19-2015, 08:08 PM
I saw that. In the process they didn't mention any of a decent group of Bison players getting engineering degrees

Ill put the achievements of our CM top research university up against their liberal arts college any time.

bisonp
12-19-2015, 08:08 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/76/768b605ae8bd74ebad2ccb19496c2a71396a93c06f4e7ab1a0 82c8e998164862.jpg

BisonTru
12-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Rewatching the game. The Imperial March! Love it!

Has it been posted on YouTube? Or are you using WatchESPN?

reformedUNDfan
12-19-2015, 10:07 PM

Nearly all due to the kicking game

runtheoption
12-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Loved it when "If You're Gonna Play In Texas"...the whole crowd was up dancing, singing, and clapping along. Even some of the players were getting into it.

I really liked our crowd giving a long, loud ovation to the injured Spider, both when he was carted off and again when he came back out with pads off and his arm in a sling.

Last, 2 or 3 Richmond players and staff walked from their corner of the Dome where their friends and family gather, over to the NDSU corner. This was after both teams made their way into their locker rooms. I assumed it was too talk to our players and coaches...one of the classiest, sportsman-like things I have ever seen at the Dome.

JCEE1990
12-19-2015, 10:35 PM

Thank you Bison Football.

NDSU1980
12-19-2015, 10:48 PM
Started sorting this morning and I just burst out laughing when I got to the Forums. It's even a very good shot of him too.

CaBisonFan
12-20-2015, 03:51 AM
Was the game a sellout?

1998braves64
12-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Was the game a sellout?

Would say so no more blue seats than any other game except band area due to holidays have to think regular attendance was similar to other playoff games.

BisManBison
12-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Watching a replay of the game now. Sorry, Richmond had no chance, they were getting absolutely blown off the line of scrimmage defensively. I was sitting in the south end zone and recall one play where we had 2nd and 3. Running play went for a first down when it looked like no gain from my seats. OLine destroyed their dline from the start.

BisManBison
12-20-2015, 06:42 PM
The referee gave the horns sign to indicate 2nd down after a penalty. So the fix was in too lol

A1pigskin
12-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Loved it when "If You're Gonna Play In Texas"...the whole crowd was up dancing, singing, and clapping along. Even some of the players were getting into it.

I really liked our crowd giving a long, loud ovation to the injured Spider, both when he was carted off and again when he came back out with pads off and his arm in a sling.

Last, 2 or 3 Richmond players and staff walked from their corner of the Dome where their friends and family gather, over to the NDSU corner. This was after both teams made their way into their locker rooms. I assumed it was too talk to our players and coaches...one of the classiest, sportsman-like things I have ever seen at the Dome.

The injured Spider also waved to the crowd several times.

NorthernBison
12-20-2015, 09:23 PM
I didn't see any discussion of this but it looked like one it two Richmond players were really getting into it with some students right behind their bench. There looked like a cop stepped between them to cool things off. I think it was during the first half.

Gotta believe that's a positive if you get the opponent off their game enough to jaw with students.

BlueBisonRock
12-20-2015, 09:44 PM
I didn't see any discussion of this but it looked like one it two Richmond players were really getting into it with some students right behind their bench. There looked like a cop stepped between them to cool things off. I think it was during the first half.

Gotta believe that's a positive if you get the opponent off their game enough to jaw with students.

Are you sure it was students? Gully sits somewhere over there.

NorthernBison
12-20-2015, 10:39 PM

Ha ha. Well, I wouldn't put money on it. I thought it was the last section of students but maybe not.

Gully
12-20-2015, 10:51 PM

Ha, ha. No, I can't take credit. I didn't even really cheer loud, because you know, I'm old and stuff.

CoachFSCB
12-20-2015, 11:38 PM
I think Cam Pedersen is getting a bit of a bum rap from some Bison fans. Granted, in the three playoff games this year he has connected on only 1 of 7 field goal tries and 9 of 11 extra point attempts, which seems awful, but consider this: The two extra point misses weren't his fault, and four of the seven missed field goals were from 44 or more yards out.

Against Montana, he was 4 of 5 on extra points with the miss coming after a high snap from center. On FGs, he missed from 34 and 48 yards and connected from 40.
Against UNI, he nailed his three extra point tries, and missed from 52 and 54 yards out. Klieman said later he regretted having Pedersen attempt such long field goals.
Against Richmond, he made two of three extra points, with the missed snap going thru holder Ben LeCompte's hands. He missed FG attempts from 44 and 36 yards out.

So, in the playoffs Pedersen missed four field goals from 44, 48, 52 and 54 yards out -- those are not "gimmes" for any placekicker, and it looked like he had enough leg on all of them but missed wide left or right. He drilled a 40-yarder, but also missed from 34 and 36 yards away, with the miss from 36 being the last one he attempted and I have little doubt that by that time the misses were messing with his head somewhat.

Chris Klieman is much more apt to try long field goals than his opponents. This season, the Bison have attempted 12 field goals of 40 yards or longer, making 4 of them (Pedersen 4 of 10, LeCompte 0 of 2) while their opponents have attempted only 3 of them longer than 40 yards, making one. Bison fans have become accustomed to excellent placekicking over the past few years from Jastram and Keller. From 2011 through last season, Bison fans have been treated to an 82% field goal success percentage (73 FGs made, 89 attempted) so when an NDSU kicker misses a field goal now it seems so out of the ordinary that we forget that most teams would love to have the outstanding results Bison fans have enjoyed.

I think NDSU fans are being a little harsh with the freshman kicker. Pedersen has been inconsistent this season, there's no doubt about that, but he has shown flashes of talent that make me think that he will be a very good kicker in the future. It certainly is much too soon to lose confidence in Cam -- what he needs now, I suspect, is support rather than criticism.

Vet70
12-20-2015, 11:40 PM

If we go to Facebook I am sure we can find the real story.

Herd Mentality
12-21-2015, 12:09 AM

I agree....but then I thought it was overdone after that. We're better than that. (I also agree what was said earlier about us pushing it with the piped in music before opposing plays...a little to "NFL gimmicky" for me.)

Bison 4 Life
12-21-2015, 12:12 AM
I think Cam Pedersen is getting a bit of a bum rap from some Bison fans. Granted, in the three playoff games this year he has connected on only 1 of 7 field goal tries and 9 of 11 extra point attempts, which seems awful, but consider this: The two extra point misses weren't his fault, and four of the seven missed field goals were from 44 or more yards out.

Against Montana, he was 4 of 5 on extra points with the miss coming after a high snap from center. On FGs, he missed from 34 and 48 yards and connected from 40.
Against UNI, he nailed his three extra point tries, and missed from 52 and 54 yards out. Klieman said later he regretted having Pedersen attempt such long field goals.
Against Richmond, he made two of three extra points, with the missed snap going thru holder Ben LeCompte's hands. He missed FG attempts from 44 and 36 yards out.

So, in the playoffs Pedersen missed four field goals from 44, 48, 52 and 54 yards out -- those are not "gimmes" for any placekicker, and it looked like he had enough leg on all of them but missed wide left or right. He drilled a 40-yarder, but also missed from 34 and 36 yards away, with the miss from 36 being the last one he attempted and I have little doubt that by that time the misses were messing with his head somewhat.

Chris Klieman is much more apt to try long field goals than his opponents. This season, the Bison have attempted 12 field goals of 40 yards or longer, making 4 of them (Pedersen 4 of 10, LeCompte 0 of 2) while their opponents have attempted only 3 of them longer than 40 yards, making one. Bison fans have become accustomed to excellent placekicking over the past few years from Jastram and Keller. From 2011 through last season, Bison fans have been treated to an 82% field goal success percentage (73 FGs made, 89 attempted) so when an NDSU kicker misses a field goal now it seems so out of the ordinary that we forget that most teams would love to have the outstanding results Bison fans have enjoyed.

I think NDSU fans are being a little harsh with the freshman kicker. Pedersen has been inconsistent this season, there's no doubt about that, but he has shown flashes of talent that make me think that he will be a very good kicker in the future. It certainly is much too soon to lose confidence in Cam -- what he needs now, I suspect, is support rather than criticism.

What we need now is points, not feels.

I get it but we need results from someone, somewhere.

Green1
12-21-2015, 12:21 AM
I agree....but then I thought it was overdone after that. We're better than that. (I also agree what was said earlier about us pushing it with the piped in music before opposing plays...a little to "NFL gimmicky" for me.)

Well, at least we didn't rush the field.

stevdock
12-21-2015, 12:24 AM

I was wondering if Keller could come in for a few days to work with him.

KilldeerBison
12-21-2015, 01:02 AM
Think Carson should try kicking, the fake kick options would be fun, some purple.

1998braves64
12-21-2015, 02:22 AM

Good post with backup info too. I've felt most of these kicks were long range ones that he missed. 15 yards shorter likely would have made most. I guess in the championship if I was klieman I would just go for it on 4th and short from the opponents 45 yard line in to the 20-25 yard line.

Christopher Moen
12-21-2015, 05:52 AM
Well, at least we didn't rush the field.

Nope, at the FargoDome, the athletes storm the crowd instead! It's a thing of beauty.

Bisonator98
12-21-2015, 02:20 PM
What we need now is points, not feels.

I get it but we need results from someone, somewhere.

This. I understand he has been placed in a difficult position as a true freshman and some of those FG's were probably asking a bit much from him but the bottom line is we need someone to step up and put them thru the uprights when called upon. I'd seriously reconsider any FG attempts from 40+ in the championship game. Our odds are probably better just going for it on 4th down. Maybe Klieman will need to channel some inner Stitt!

td577
12-21-2015, 02:34 PM
This. I understand he has been placed in a difficult position as a true freshman and some of those FG's were probably asking a bit much from him but the bottom line is we need someone to step up and put them thru the uprights when called upon. I'd seriously reconsider any FG attempts from 40+ in the championship game. Our odds are probably better just going for it on 4th down. Maybe Klieman will need to channel some inner Stitt!

I think we will be punting in some of those situations and pinning our opponent deep. It limits an offense if we can get them to start inside the 5 on a couple of series.

I am not worried about Cam. He has been asked to kick outside his range right now. He has the leg and his accuracy will get better. The range deficiency can be made up for with defense and converting third downs on offense. Sure it puts pressure on other parts of the game, but this time of year is all about pressure and the Bison just have to deliver. More can be accomplished getting guys to perform within their range of abilities then asking one guy to perform outside of his. He was asked to kick some long FGs after the offense got very conservative on 2nd and 3rd down. I have a feeling those situations will be dealt with different more than being in a position to deal with asking Cam to kick another 50 yarder. I think the coaches will work with Cam and special teams to tighten up within the range he is capable of contributing and easing the pressure on him to perform outside his limits. We don't ask LBers to be wide receivers, so there gets to be a point where there is the realization they are asking Cam to be someone else. That can be fixed and worked around.

Bisonator98
12-21-2015, 02:42 PM
I think we will be punting in some of those situations and pinning our opponent deep. It limits an offense if we can get them to start inside the 5 on a couple of series.

I am not worried about Cam. He has been asked to kick outside his range right now. He has the leg and his accuracy will get better. The range deficiency can be made up for with defense and converting third downs on offense. Sure it puts pressure on other parts of the game, but this time of year is all about pressure and the Bison just have to deliver. More can be accomplished getting guys to perform within their range of abilities then asking one guy to perform outside of his. He was asked to kick some long FGs after the offense got very conservative on 2nd and 3rd down. I have a feeling those situations will be dealt with different more than being in a position to deal with asking Cam to kick another 50 yarder. I think the coaches will work with Cam and special teams to tighten up within the range he is capable of contributing and easing the pressure on him to perform outside his limits. We don't ask LBers to be wide receivers, so there gets to be a point where there is the realization they are asking Cam to be someone else. That can be fixed and worked around.

I agree. Depends on how the game is going and the specific situation. I'm sure if it's 4th and 4 from the 30 we will probably punt but if it's 4th and 1 I'd put it on our rams to get us a first down.

I like Cam and think he will be a good kicker. Need to get him some closer opportunities to get his confidence back.

1998braves64
12-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Or once they get past 50 they could call plays in a manner where they believe they can convert a 4th and short (4th and 1 or 2yards and less) if it ends up longer you pin them deep with your all American punter.

Bison 4 Life
12-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Or once they get past 50 they could call plays in a manner where they believe they can convert a 4th and short (4th and 1 or 2yards and less) if it ends up longer you pin them deep with your all American punter.

I think this bears repeating. We need to stretch more and get that ball in the end zone. We seem to sometimes stall out at the 40 or so unless we break a big one.

89MTBISON
12-21-2015, 06:09 PM
I think this bears repeating. We need to stretch more and get that ball in the end zone. We seem to sometimes stall out at the 40 or so unless we break a big one.

So we should revert back to our game plan pre-October 17th, got it. I like the ground and pound that just bitch-slapped Richmond.

EC8CH
12-21-2015, 06:12 PM

Inopportune penalties and and some poor reads and passes on third and medium are more to blame for this than anything else.

1998braves64
12-21-2015, 09:24 PM
So we should revert back to our game plan pre-October 17th, got it. I like the ground and pound that just bitch-slapped Richmond.

Ground and pound doesn't convert necessarily when you have 1st and 15 or 20 which we seemed to be in quite often this year with the holding penalties and motion penalties.

That said agree as long as you average 2.5 yards a down over 4 downs past the 50, and not get hit with a penalty.