PDA

View Full Version : Can't watch, can't listen, how can I follow game on phone?

dokhogg
12-16-2015, 05:39 AM
I have been tasked with taking my parents to the Mark Lindquist concert in Grand Forks friday night since they do not drive. Cannot watch tv or listen to game on radio. I do have a windows phone from work. Any websites or apps that work with windows phones that will allow me to keep up with the game in as close to real time as possible while I surreptitiously check my phone? I used to love the scoremobile app for it, but it is no longer supported for windows phone.

PLEASE HELP!

Bison03
12-16-2015, 05:50 AM
ESPN app. You wan follow play by play with gamecast.

ndsubison1
12-16-2015, 05:51 AM
WatchEspn app you can watch it

56BISON73
12-16-2015, 06:47 AM
I have been tasked with taking my parents to the Mark Lindquist concert in Grand Forks friday night since they do not drive. Cannot watch tv or listen to game on radio. I do have a windows phone from work. Any websites or apps that work with windows phones that will allow me to keep up with the game in as close to real time as possible while I surreptitiously check my phone? I used to love the scoremobile app for it, but it is no longer supported for windows phone.

PLEASE HELP!

Put them in a cab.

gumby013
12-16-2015, 09:26 AM
Stay in car. Listen on Radio?

1998braves64
12-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Watchespn app works well on my windows phone. Not sure on your work how much data they would let you use for something like that. Would think a full game may end up around 1 GB if you shut it off at halftime... Will need to log in with your subscription tv account that allows you to watch ESPN2.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2015, 01:18 PM
WatchESPN consumes about 2GB of data for a full game on my iPhone 6. Plus you might have latency or connectivity issues with this if you are inside a large venue.

NDSU Football will provide game updates on their Twitter feed. You do not need to have a Twitter account to view this. You can view it in a web browser on your phone. https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball. As a bonus they also provide quick updates on ProBison like Taz there as well.

The live game audio at gobison.com works really well. I have listened live to multiple games this year and last while I was crawling around in the north woods. Pop in the earbuds and enjoy the live play by play. (My oh my!!!) However if you are in a populated area or some sort of social gathering be careful. Remember that you are the only one hearing the broadcast and avoid the embarrassing action of jumping up and yelling when the Bison score or force a turnover etc. Of course if this is an autonomic response for you as it is for me then you might be well advised to put only one earbud in.

Trumpster
12-16-2015, 01:43 PM
ESPN app. You wan follow play by play with gamecast. This. 10 char

stevdock
12-16-2015, 05:55 PM
WatchESPN consumes about 2GB of data for a full game on my iPhone 6. Plus you might have latency or connectivity issues with this if you are inside a large venue.

NDSU Football will provide game updates on their Twitter feed. You do not need to have a Twitter account to view this. You can view it in a web browser on your phone. https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball. As a bonus they also provide quick updates on ProBison like Taz there as well.

The live game audio at gobison.com works really well. I have listened live to multiple games this year and last while I was crawling around in the north woods. Pop in the earbuds and enjoy the live play by play. (My oh my!!!) However if you are in a populated area or some sort of social gathering be careful. Remember that you are the only one hearing the broadcast and avoid the embarrassing action of jumping up and yelling when the Bison score or force a turnover etc. Of course if this is an autonomic response for you as it is for me then you might be well advised to put only one earbud in.

This is so stinking hard to do if you are actively into the game. I went to a conference last year when our HS basketball team went to state so I had to watch it over the internet. One of our kids hit a 3 pointer to end a quarter and I still have no idea how I didn't disrupt the conference ;)

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2015, 07:05 PM
If I can check up dates at my daughters wedding on my apple watch and watch the game at the reception on my iPhone,
All of you should be able to find a way!

EmeraldCityBison
12-16-2015, 07:24 PM

Has anyone listened to gobison.com stream during a playoff game? Per NCAA rules, KFGO disables their live stream of the game. Pre- and post-game shows are not streamed either! I figured gobison.com would be subject to the same rules thus I never tried their feed.

RasterImage
12-16-2015, 08:03 PM
Has anyone listened to gobison.com stream during a playoff game? Per NCAA rules, KFGO disables their live stream of the game. Pre- and post-game shows are not streamed either! I figured gobison.com would be subject to the same rules thus I never tried their feed.

Gobison worked for me last weekend on my wife's phone (no data on mine).

EmeraldCityBison
12-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Gobison worked for me last weekend on my wife's phone (no data on mine).

Good to know. Thanks!

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Showing up as a live scheduled FREE audio stream

http://gobison.com/watch/?Live=654

Counter is ticking down to game time now.

tjbison
12-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Is gobison a free web stream or do you need an account and pay monthly sunscription?

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2015, 09:10 PM
audio streams are FREE. Video is a different matter. Performance of video stream is poor IMHO. better to just pay DirectTv or go talk a bar into putting it up on their screen(s) if no organized watch party close by

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2015, 09:16 PM

Snip of GoBison.com live stream offerings...

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2015, 09:28 PM
Can also roll old-school: (free as well)

http://gobison.com/sports/2013/4/19/radio.aspx?id=2