PDA

View Full Version : Re: Greetings from the East

Arachnid
12-14-2015, 01:17 AM
One the nice consequences of advancing in the playoffs is to become familiar with new schools in other regions of the country and their fan base personality. You may have encountered some of our posters over on the FC S boards- two to pay attention to are PAWARD, our sage and STONEWALL who,is always on the money. Your guys have had a great run and are a tough assignment. But I have one question, do your players get tired of playing second fiddle to the renowned Dome? Really can't they just win a home game on their own? Just curious.
We are a small liberal arts college located in the City of Richmond. I have copied some facts about our school and have already looked at your schools website:

Undergraduate Admission Profile
9,977 applications, 31% acceptance rate
Top five admissions competitors: University of Virginia, William & Mary, Wake Forest, Boston College, and Georgetown
807 first-year students: 56% from public high schools; 13% first-generation college students; 23% U.S. students of color; and 84% ranked in top 20% of high school class.
Students
4,181 total university enrollment
2,990 undergraduates from 46 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and 69 countries
18% of undergraduates come from Virginia
26% of undergraduates are American students of color
9% of undergraduates are international students
90% of undergraduates live on campus
187 student organizations including 27 club sports, 6 honorary societies (including Phi Beta Kappa), 14 religious groups, 14 fraternities and sororities, a student newspaper, and a radio station
Athletics
2008 NCAA Division I National Football Champions
Men’s Basketball earned a bid to the NCAA Tournament in 2010 and finished the 2009–10 season ranked No. 24 in the nation. In 2010-11, men's basketball won the Atlantic 10 Conference championship and made it to the NCAA "Sweet Sixteen," marking the most wins as a No. 12 seed in tournament history
New on-campus stadium opened in fall 2010
Division I athletic program offering 17 varsity sports
Major conference affiliation is the Atlantic 10 in most sports; Colonial Athletic Association in football; Patriot League in women’s golf; Southern Conference in men's lacrosse.
School mascot: the Spider

tjbison
12-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Welcome, excited to play a new school, glad you guys beat Illinois st not only because we get a home game but to play an unfamiliar team.

Stick around and talk

56BISON73
12-14-2015, 01:22 AM
One the nice consequences of advancing in the playoffs is to become familiar with new schools in other regions of the country and their fan base personality. You may have encountered some of our posters over on the FC S boards- two to pay attention to are PAWARD, our sage and STONEWALL who,is always on the money. Your guys have had a great run and are a tough assignment. But I have one question, do your players get tired of playing second fiddle to the renowned Dome? Really can't they just win a home game on their own? Just curious.
We are a small liberal arts college located in the City of Richmond. I have copied some facts about our school and have already looked at your schools website:

Undergraduate Admission Profile
9,977 applications, 31% acceptance rate
Top five admissions competitors: University of Virginia, William & Mary, Wake Forest, Boston College, and Georgetown
807 first-year students: 56% from public high schools; 13% first-generation college students; 23% U.S. students of color; and 84% ranked in top 20% of high school class.
Students
4,181 total university enrollment
2,990 undergraduates from 46 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and 69 countries
18% of undergraduates come from Virginia
26% of undergraduates are American students of color
9% of undergraduates are international students
90% of undergraduates live on campus
187 student organizations including 27 club sports, 6 honorary societies (including Phi Beta Kappa), 14 religious groups, 14 fraternities and sororities, a student newspaper, and a radio station
Athletics
2008 NCAA Division I National Football Champions
Men’s Basketball earned a bid to the NCAA Tournament in 2010 and finished the 2009–10 season ranked No. 24 in the nation. In 2010-11, men's basketball won the Atlantic 10 Conference championship and made it to the NCAA "Sweet Sixteen," marking the most wins as a No. 12 seed in tournament history
New on-campus stadium opened in fall 2010
Division I athletic program offering 17 varsity sports
Major conference affiliation is the Atlantic 10 in most sports; Colonial Athletic Association in football; Patriot League in women’s golf; Southern Conference in men's lacrosse.
School mascot: the Spider

Interesting question. We have lost more games at home in the last 3 years than on the road. All of the National Championship games (4) that we won were played in Frisco TX which is not a dome. Hope that answers your question.

Bisonwinagn
12-14-2015, 01:23 AM
But I have one question, do your players get tired of playing second fiddle to the renowned Dome? Really can't they just win a home game on their own?

Not sure what is meant by this? Are you saying some people think we win mainly because we play in the Dome? If so I don't think it has ever been talked about in that sense...only that playing at home is an advantage.

NDSUSR
12-14-2015, 01:23 AM
No they never tire of winning. I wouldnt expect you to understand that though.
You lost me at Liberal Arts.

You came here to what? Act like a dick? Buh bye.

Kujava23
12-14-2015, 01:27 AM
We like to play at home and win games

We are excited to welcome the Richmond Spiders to Fargo to play the Bison!

I hope your fans will make the trip to experience the game and not just sit at home---real fans travel

Can't wait till Friday!!!

Bison"FANatic"
12-14-2015, 01:29 AM
The players don't play second fiddle to the dome. They love the dome and the fans and our tradition. If the players play second fiddle to anything it is our tradition. You see the players are part of something bigger than themselves and even bigger than this year's team and that is Bison tradition and Bison Pride. It has been born and raised not over years but over decades. When you understand that you will understand the Bison.

EC8CH
12-14-2015, 01:43 AM
Our players don't play fiddles, they play football and most of the time come in second to nobody. NDSU is primarily an agricultural and applied sciences university. I went there so I don't understand idioms.

td577
12-14-2015, 01:56 AM
Dumb questions.

Kevin
12-14-2015, 02:00 AM
Interesting question. We have lost more games at home in the last 3 years than on the road. All of the National Championship games (4) that we won were played in Frisco TX which is not a dome. Hope that answers your question.

It's not an interesting question. It's jealous smack disguised in the form of a question. I'd expect nothing less from a school of Liberal Arts.

Go to Richmond's board. They're all saying the same things every new school in the past four years has said. We've never seen this kind of speed or this kind of quarterback. Then they say they can handle the Fargodome because they hung with a low-tier FBS team in the beginning of the year.

They all say different things leading up to the game but the same thing after. I don't expect this week to be any different.

Bison4peat
12-14-2015, 02:02 AM
It's not an interesting question. It's jealous smack disguised in the form of a question. I'd expect nothing less from a school of Liberal Arts.

Go to Richmond's board. They're all saying the same things every new school in the past four years has said. We've never seen this kind of speed or this kind of quarterback. Then they say they can handle the Fargodome because they hung with a low-tier FBS team in the beginning of the year.

They all say different things leading up to the game but the same thing after. I don't expect this week to be any different.

I feel like we may be dealing with Eastern Speed this week.I'm having my doubts now./prpl

Swaghook
12-14-2015, 02:03 AM
You see the players are part of something bigger than themselves and even bigger than this year's team and that is Bison tradition and Bison Pride. It has been born and raised not over years but over decades. When you understand that you will understand the Bison.
Maybe this will help him:

The Herd
Now this is the law of the prairie
As old and as true as the sky
And the Bison that keep it will prosper
And the Bison that break it will die
As the creeper that girdles
the tree trunk
This law is the final word:
For the strength of the Herd
is the Bison
And the strength of the Bison
is the Herd.

HerdBot
12-14-2015, 02:12 AM
Players play second fiddle to the team. That's why we don't have a ton of stars or names on the backs of our jerseys. We have a better record on the road than at home over the last 5 years. We've won at home, on the road, on grass, turf, Bill Snyder Family Stadium, and even the old school astro turf.

stevdock
12-14-2015, 02:14 AM
Back around 25 years ago our travel ball team was looking for a unique nickname that nobody else had. I'm guessing that year was the year that Richmond made the NCAA tourney and maybe won a game or something and for our season we were known as the Fargo Spiders.

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Thread should be titled "Greetings from the Arrogant East"

KMA Fucktard. Can't wait til we pisspound you.

Spiders ... ? ... Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone.

DCinOK
12-14-2015, 02:20 AM
But I have one question, do your players get tired of playing second fiddle to the renowned Dome? Really can't they just win a home game on their own? Just curious.

Yeah, I think the Bison should be forced to start out 14 points in the hole as a penalty for having outstanding fan support and the intelligence to play indoor football during December in Fargo. How many fans do the Spiders average at home? Can you hear a pin drop?

pucknut9
12-14-2015, 02:21 AM
Get ready for a good ol' northland ass kicking. You betchya.

Answer Guy
12-14-2015, 02:26 AM

Jealous smack is a result of a Liberal Arts education?

southcliffbison
12-14-2015, 02:33 AM

Too lazy to look; could you please post the Richmond fan site...... thanks

bisonp
Dumb questions.

Yep. Come on Richmond, I know you have better fans reading this.

Kevin

No but the inability to be blunt usually is.

X-Factor
12-14-2015, 02:36 AM

While I'm agnostic on the first part, those last two paragraphs are spot on. I can't believe how many of these teams keep talking the same crap. Rinse, repeat

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 02:36 AM

It can be, can't it? Or is there some sort of rule that it can't be? Enlighten us Morris!

Sent from my iPhone.

WFBisonFan
12-14-2015, 02:38 AM
I can't wait to see the Spiders hopping and jumping around as they come out of the locker room..........and then watch them leave with heads hung low after the final buzzer!

Which brings me to a question that has been bugging me....Why is it that most teams are not out for the National Anthem? I think that is totally wrong. Those that get to most away games...are we out during it or still in the locker room? I'll hang up and listen.

bisonp
12-14-2015, 02:38 AM
No but the inability to be blunt usually is.

On second thought, it is kind of passive aggressive. Perhaps appropriate, if we were the Gophers.

NDSUSR
12-14-2015, 02:39 AM
While I'm agnostic on the first part, those last two paragraphs are spot on. I can't believe how many of these teams keep talking the same crap. Rinse, repeat

Change the fuckin record.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/Quot+morning+angle+quot+_18b54e940bda232bf4e43f34a 903cbdb.jpg

IzzyFlexion

In addition, NDSU has accumulated an 8-3 record ON THE ROAD against FBS schools since they began playing the "big boy schools" in 2006.

That is a winning percentage of .727 with the advantage in cumulative score of: 262-188.

So, this Bison football program........which has only been at the FCS level for 12 seasons..........has given up an average of 17 points per game in 11 games on the road to FBS teams..............Remarkable!!

How fast can you get yer guys here ?!?!

Only a handful of FBS schools (yes, within their division) have a better winning percentage on the road during that period of time.

bisonhp330
Yeah, I think the Bison should be forced to start out 14 points in the hole as a penalty for having outstanding fan support and the intelligence to play indoor football during December in Fargo. How many fans do the Spiders average at home? Can you hear a pin drop?

7499 last year....had to go to the alphabetical list as they weren't in the top 30 in FCS. Barely crack the top ten in D 2. It's not jealousy, it's ignorance. No wait it is jealousy. New word ---->. It's Jealorance There you go Richmond....add that to the list of things you have pioneered.

DCinOK
12-14-2015, 02:51 AM
7499 last year....had to go to the alphabetical list as they weren't in the top 30 in FCS. Barely crack the top ten in D 2. It's not jealousy, it's ignorance. No wait it is jealousy. New word ---->. It's Jealornance There you go Richmond....add that to the list of things you have pioneered.

Yep...even though a fan's two-fingers-in-the-mouth whistle could be heard by Bailey on the field Saturday, Richmond's stadium is so quiet that players have been known to hear songs that fans were humming to themselves during a play.

westnodak93bison
12-14-2015, 02:54 AM
Richmond tuition is pushing $50k per year. For liberal arts? Aye yai yai.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

coldspot
12-14-2015, 02:57 AM

that's a lot of money to end up as a barista at the coffee shop down the street.

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 02:59 AM

"Liberal Arts" degree is a euphemism for "I didn't have to take college-level calculus/algebra/statistics and my parents have money. And our football team sucks!!"

Sent from my iPhone.

BattleBorn
Our defense better come out this salty.

SomeBeach
Coming Soon to a Dome Near You:

ArachNOphobia II:

A new breed of opponent, eight-armed with Eastern Speed and Liberal Arts Smarts, invades the FargoDome, intent on terrorizing an unsuspecting populace. They find the new surroundings to be entirely inhospitable, noisy and full of large, yellow clad creatures unlike any they had encountered before. As they panic and attempt to leave, they are trampled by a herd of The Herd, leaving only the question, "How the hell do you get spider gut stains out of Astroturf?"

Rated PG13 for intense violence, occasional profanity and partial butt-crack nudity when fans bend over to pick up their pom pons.

wtffootballfan
12-14-2015, 03:00 AM
https://richmond.forums.rivals.com/forums/ur-football-board.10/

westnodak93bison
12-14-2015, 03:03 AM
"Liberal Arts" degree is a euphemism for "I didn't have to take college-level calculus/algebra/statistics and my parents have money" And our football team sucks!!

Sent from my iPhone.
You forgot just get a degree, any degree, the family has connections for a cake job

SafeTeeJ
12-14-2015, 03:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjkCQjxJI4Y

DBRJake
12-14-2015, 03:07 AM
I can't wait to see the Spiders hopping and jumping around as they come out of the locker room..........and then watch them leave with heads hung low after the final buzzer!

Which brings me to a question that has been bugging me....Why is it that most teams are not out for the National Anthem? I think that is totally wrong. Those that get to most away games...are we out during it or still in the locker room? I'll hang up and listen.

This has always bugged me. Is it policy or are they worried that the trombone players will empty their spit valves in the opposing teams gatorade?

scottietohottie
12-14-2015, 03:14 AM
After seeing how Richmond handled the hostile environment at isur I'm not going to talk any smack the dome isn't going to intimidate these guys.

No_Skill
12-14-2015, 03:16 AM
This has always bugged me. Is it policy or are they worried that the trombone players will empty their spit valves in the opposing teams gatorade?

I have a feeling there will be many things that bug us this week.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2015, 03:19 AM

:rofl: .

Ndsu84
12-14-2015, 03:20 AM
They don't come out because other coaches have said our pre-game atmosphere is so intimidating its best if the visiting team hides in the locker room as long as possible.

You guys remember the coach a couple years ago who said he was told by other coaches to do this? He said "Screw that! I want my players to see what success looks like!"

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 03:25 AM
They don't come out because other coaches have said our pre-game atmosphere is so intimidating its best if the visiting team hides in the locker room as long as possible.

You guys remember the coach a couple years ago who said he was told by other coaches to do this? He said "Screw that! I want my players to see what success looks like!"

GSU 2.0 came out in dark, walked out to hash marks and said "bring it"! You're talking about one of out cakecup OOC games from several years ago.

That said, it's not at all uncommon for a visiting team not to come out until after NAthem. Y does it seem like we address this same question every year? Because we do I guess.

Sent from my iPhone.

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 03:26 AM
Dp.

EC8CH
12-14-2015, 03:34 AM

I'm ticked off already.

NDSUSR
12-14-2015, 03:35 AM
Dp.

Nope, too easy. Im not going there.

FFBison
12-14-2015, 03:40 AM
Our defense better come out this salty.

Quote of the day on BV right here!! Very "friendly" thread!! Should be a good read the rest of the week.

CoachFSCB
12-14-2015, 04:00 AM
I dislike UNI as much as anyone, but I have to say that I was impressed that they were the only opposing playoff team in the past four years that I can remember being out of the locker room and on the sidelines when the National Anthem was played. I respect the Panthers for that, and think it is terrible that it is not mandatory that both teams be on the field for the Anthem. If opposing coaches are afraid that their poor, sensitive little babies will be intimidated, have them come onto the field after the tunnel walk is over and the lights are back on so they are on the sidelines when the Gold Star Band strikes up the Anthem. Seriously, if the NCAA can decree from on high that a team's nickname is abusive and offensive and must be changed, then they ought to be able to decree from on high that visiting coaches must have their teams on the field for the Anthem. Of course, since the former is political correctness run rampant and the latter is just common sense, I suspect that it will never happen.

Kevin
12-14-2015, 04:02 AM
I dislike UNI as much as anyone, but I have to say that I was impressed that they were the only opposing playoff team in the past four years that I can remember being out of the locker room and on the sidelines when the National Anthem was played. I respect the Panthers for that, and think it is terrible that it is not mandatory that both teams be on the field for the Anthem. If opposing coaches are afraid that their poor, sensitive little babies will be intimidated, have them come onto the field after the tunnel walk is over and the lights are back on so they are on the sidelines when the Gold Star Band strikes up the Anthem. Seriously, if the NCAA can decree from on high that a team's nickname is abusive and offensive and must be changed, then they ought to be able to decree from on high that visiting coaches must have their teams on the field for the Anthem. Of course, since the former is political correctness run rampant and the latter is just common sense, I suspect that it will never happen.

You don't have to look very hard to find people who think the National Anthem is abusive and offensive as well.

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 04:08 AM

I don't remember ever being on field for National Anthem when I played for NDSU other than Natty games. It's not at all uncommon. I'll add that standing shoulder to shoulder with your teammates in locker room as NA is being played out on field is both humbling and motivating.

Sent from my iPhone.

Bison03
12-14-2015, 04:10 AM
I think a lot of teams don't come out because they don't want to come running out on the field during the anthem and have the crowd boo during it. It sucked last year when sdsu unknowingly came out during the moment of silence for mayor Walaker. It would suck even more if booing were to take place during the national anthem.

1998braves64
12-14-2015, 04:15 AM
I think due to the timeframe between our tunnel walk and national anthem leaves very little room for getting players out on the field. They basically have to be in the tunnel when our tunnel walk is happening and then run out on the field just before the lights come back on. Think it is more of a logistics problem.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

17>1
12-14-2015, 04:21 AM
GSU 2.0 came out in dark, walked out to hash marks and said "bring it"! You're talking about one of out cakecup OOC games from several years ago.

That said, it's not at all uncommon for a visiting team not to come out until after NAthem. Y does it seem like we address this same question every year? Because we do I guess.

Sent from my iPhone.

That was awesome! I love it when an opposing team comes out with some swagger. GSU came out early, went right to the middle of the field jumping around and staring down the Bison on their way out, probably a bit disrespectful but it's football so I love that attitude. They came ready that day and nearly beat us. UNI was out early this weekend as well, confident bunch for sure.

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2015, 04:21 AM

Sent from my iPhone.
Yep. I thought that was a bad ass fuckin troll job to boot...just added to the aura of one of the best ndsu games I've been to.

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Yep. I thought that was a bad ass fuckin troll job to boot...just added to the aura of one of the best ndsu games I've been to.

It was bad ass--they were ready to roll. Rumble Fish!

Sent from my iPhone.

ndsubison1
12-14-2015, 04:49 AM

Im sure Maryland got up for Richmond! Maryland is awful btw.

CAS4127
12-14-2015, 05:05 AM
Im sure Maryland got up for Richmond! Maryland is awful btw.

Always a solid post by Ming! Maryland?? Good God! We would kill them.

Sent from my iPhone.

BISONFAN4LIFE
12-14-2015, 05:08 AM

That was the coach from Incarnate Word. He told his players he wanted them to see what success brings.

tony
12-14-2015, 01:38 PM
One of the more interesting things I've seen about Richmond was that they got a $50 million gift which doesn't sound like a monumental deal, but they got it in 1969. That'd be over $300 million in 2015 dollars.

As for things to know about NDSU: Just be glad your team is playing in the FargoDome rather than old Dacotah Field. Now that was a home-field advantage! Check the weather forecast for Fargo for more details. :)

BTW, given reports of idiot "fans" being rude to visitors, maybe we should take our cue from the South and be gracious to our visitors here?

FrozenTech
12-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Tony you make a good point, but that was some serious passive aggressive stuff up there. So Arachnid, welcome to Bisonville. We get salty here mostly because its the internet, and we're mostly friendly in person as long as our visitors are. We like it when other fan bases have a good time.

And we like having a positive rep as a fan base.

That said, the Bison Football team does not play second fiddle to the FargoDome. Its a symbiotic relationship - as some spiders have, can't speak for Richmond. The Dome crowd has learned it is
A: Fun to Make a crap ton of noise and get some of that aggression out after being North Dakota Nice all week.
B: The Football team has come to love it and feed off it. If the Dome Crowd is flat, often the team is flat - it works both ways.
C: It can have an effect on the game. Its the 12th man. We love to travel with our team too - so we don't just do this in the Dome, we Roam like its Home.

In the end though, its just another factor. Its the young men on the field that win or lose the game.

Go Bison. Your Spiders paved the road through Fargo. Now we're gonna plow it clear, and head to Frisco.

TateMosersneighbor
12-14-2015, 03:08 PM
That's what we need more of here in America, Liberal Arts colleges on the East Coast. The employers out there needing CNC operators, Welders, Programmers, Machinists...they love the fact that Richmond is churning out Art History majors with $150K in student debt that's not their fault.

Keep the athletic program, shut the rest down and tell them to go find a real major that helps America make something that people will buy across the globe. Congrats on making it to the Semi's, congrats on your 2008 NC, you guys looked very good against the Redbirds. Come to Fargo and enjoy the experience, but chinstraps will be needed come Friday night.

Eight Legger
12-14-2015, 03:27 PM
I think the saltiness you see from a few of our posters is just because we are sort of annoyed with going into road games like JMU and ISU where we are huge underdogs, no one gives us any chance of being able to compete (for some reason), then winning those games handily and immediately facing the same type of skepticism and double-digit underdog spreads again, that's all. I'm sure the team could give a rat's ass about the point spreads anyway.

All of us know what a dynasty NDSU is and I don't think there's any Spider fan that assumes we are just going to waltz in and have no problem with the environment, the noise and the Bison as a team. We may get our asses kicked by 30, who knows. I'm taking the positive approach that I have a lot of confidence in our team and how balanced we are offensively that unless we make a bunch of stupid decisions that result in turnovers, we should be in this game most of the way. Of course I will be somewhat surprised if we win, just like I was somewhat surprised we manhandled ISU the way we did. But talentwise, I think we are right there with NDSU at this particular moment in time. The home field advantage is a big one though.

As for our attendance figures, if anyone cares, we built a new stadium on campus that opened in 2010 and it holds about 9,000 people. We only have 3,000 undergrads, so it's not like we can regularly fill a 25,000-seat stadium. For years we played in the city at a stadium that held 20,000 or so, and we would come close to filling it for big games like JMU and App State, and it was an awesome environment despite being a dump. To be honest, the new stadium is too small to really create a huge home field advantage, and given how well we've been playing on the road so far, I was almost glad that we'd have a road game.

Besides that, I've always wanted to see how we would fare in the dome. A wise man once said 'To be the best, you've got to beat the best!' Our national title run in 2008 was awesome because we had to go into App State and end their dynasty, and we did it. So win or lose, I am glad that we are getting this opportunity Friday.

IzzyFlexion
12-14-2015, 03:33 PM
I've been intrigued by this team for years.
Seems like they're always competitive and have knocked off some really good teams when they weren't necessarily supposed to.

Real glad they're coming here. Love to see new teams and to reiterate, glad it the Spiders.*

*for the record...........of my many irrational fears.........the all-time #1 is frickin spiders. The helmet logo alone makes my skin crawl.

PattyBison
12-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Seems like they're always competitive and have knocked off some really good teams when they weren't necessarily supposed to.

Real glad they're coming here. Love to see new teams and to reiterate, glad it the Spiders.*

*for the record...........of my many irrational fears.........the all-time #1 is frickin spiders. The helmet logo alone makes my skin crawl.

Did you see they brought tarantulas to Gameday at JMU? Real, live tarantulas.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2015, 03:39 PM

I like spiders. Hate clowns.
Let the und jokes commence...

BisonNation11
12-14-2015, 03:40 PM

They'd freeze here. No worries :biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
12-14-2015, 03:43 PM
http://www.thailandunique.com/edible-insects-bugs/canned-edible-tarantula-spider

Elvis was a Bison
12-14-2015, 03:46 PM
You don't have to look very hard to find people who think the National Anthem is abusive and offensive as well.

Usually comes with a Liberal Arts degree!

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2015, 03:47 PM
They seem to get a lot of mileage out of a season that happened almost 2 graduating classes ago.

IzzyFlexion
12-14-2015, 03:48 PM

I like spiders. Hate clowns.
Let the und jokes commence...

They'd freeze here. No worries :biggrin:

http://www.thailandunique.com/edible-insects-bugs/canned-edible-tarantula-spider

La-La-La-La-La-La-La !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://skibalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Freak-Out.jpg

PattyBison
12-14-2015, 03:58 PM
La-La-La-La-La-La-La !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://skibalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Freak-Out.jpg

Have you seen their mascot yet? A guy in a spider suit would be bad enough. Its weird and deformed. Almost looks like a spider got together with the Terminator.

VirginiaBison
12-14-2015, 04:05 PM
I think the saltiness you see from a few of our posters is just because we are sort of annoyed with going into road games like JMU and ISU where we are huge underdogs, no one gives us any chance of being able to compete (for some reason), then winning those games handily and immediately facing the same type of skepticism and double-digit underdog spreads again, that's all.

For about the same reasons, Bisonvillers can have frustrated saltiness.... teams playing The Herd both during the season and post season invariably say after they were trampled, that they had an off day, but if they had played their usual game without all the mistakes, penalties, bad calls, bad luck, ran out of time, etc. they would've/could've/should've won.

No one ever has the fortitude to say they were beaten by a better team.

Yep, the Bison just lucked into 55 years of championship playing and national titles at both DII and FCS level. So many teams just seem to have an off day when they play the Bison. Just saying....

Eight Legger
12-14-2015, 04:13 PM
For about the same reasons, Bisonvillers can have frustrated saltiness.... teams playing The Herd both during the season and post season invariably say after they were trampled, that they had an off day, but if they had played their usual game without all the mistakes, penalties, bad calls, bad luck, ran out of time, etc. they would've/could've/should've won.

No one ever has the fortitude to say they were beaten by a better team.

Yep, the Bison just lucked into 55 years of championship playing and national titles at both DII and FCS level. So many teams just seem to have an off day when they play the Bison. Just saying....

Oh, no doubt. And I'm not one of the salty ones about this match up. I think we have a good chance to come out with a win, but I sure as hell know it won't be easy. Likewise, we've heard those kind of "bad day" things before too, and I agree that it gets really old. If you guys trample us, I will offer no excuses and gladly will come back to congratulate you and wish you luck in the title game. (Unless of course you wint he game on a field goal that actually didn't go through the uprights or something – then I'll be a salty a-hole!)

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Oh, no doubt. And I'm not one of the salty ones about this match up. I think we have a good chance to come out with a win, but I sure as hell know it won't be easy. Likewise, we've heard those kind of "bad day" things before too, and I agree that it gets really old. If you guys trample us, I will offer no excuses and gladly will come back to congratulate you and wish you luck in the title game. (Unless of course you wint he game on a field goal that actually didn't go through the uprights or something – then I'll be a salty a-hole!)

I genuinely hope the expectations are the same as ISUr. You could have put a baby to sleep with the lack of noise 5k brings you.

NDSUSR
12-14-2015, 04:18 PM

Seriously tho.. ISUr had a bad day against you. hahahaha. But seriously though, they did.

bisonp
12-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Have you seen their mascot yet? A guy in a spider suit would be bad enough. Its weird and deformed. Almost looks like a spider got together with the Terminator.

Mascots are hard. Evidently.

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2014/08/spiders.jpeg

Eight Legger
12-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Seriously tho.. ISUr had a bad day against you. hahahaha. But seriously though, they did.

Ha, touche. Believe me, I was fully expecting their QB/RB tandem to pile up 400 yards rushing on us, as confident as their fans were about things ahead of time. Then I saw the running plays that they ran and thought, what am I missing? Surely THIS is not how they dominated people on the ground all year long. It didn't really look to me that we were doing anything that special, aside from getting a great push from our d-line. But their plays were all stretch-type stuff that seemed as if they could never work against anyone.

NDSUSR
12-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Ha, touche. Believe me, I was fully expecting their QB/RB tandem to pile up 400 yards rushing on us, as confident as their fans were about things ahead of time. Then I saw the running plays that they ran and thought, what am I missing? Surely THIS is not how they dominated people on the ground all year long. It didn't really look to me that we were doing anything that special, aside from getting a great push from our d-line. But their plays were all stretch-type stuff that seemed as if they could never work against anyone.

I am guessing Coprich got too high before the game.

Eight Legger
12-14-2015, 04:27 PM

Ugh. Don't get me started. At least the new version (WebstUR, on the right) is somewhat menacing. The earlier two versions were pretty embarrassing. We all hated them too. It's just tough to make a stand-up spider mascot that doesn't look like a bird or something. The new one probably comes as close as possible to being a spider.

ZHerd
12-14-2015, 04:30 PM

Personally I think ISU simply got exposed and I think Richmond would beat them if they played again. I said a couple weeks ago that I would much rather play ISU at Normal than play UNI because I think ISU has been overrated big time

PattyBison
12-14-2015, 04:35 PM

Is the first one a ladybug? As far as the second, I'm not sure what that is. In ND, our spiders have 8 legs and don't wear capes.

Oh well. I like Richmond's nickname more than Fighting Hawks.

td577
12-14-2015, 04:40 PM
So finally we have the exponentially different program then all the rest? The one that gave up almost 600 yards to JMU or 450 yards to ISUr? They are salty because no one gave them a chance? Twice? These are the guys that will surprise the Bison because NDSU will somehow overlook them? I think I am less surprised they beat ISUr then they were. The one thing I am certain of is they will know exactly where they stand in FCS football come Friday night. They will find out what skipping a workout in February costs in the fourth quarter. They will learn what it actually feels like to make the decision to keep going or give up. 60 minutes of football. Very few teams understand that concept until they are in it. I expect a beatdown. There will be some aggression built up after finals. I almost feel bad for the spiders. They have little clue what is waiting for them.

Eight Legger
12-14-2015, 05:00 PM
So finally we have the exponentially different program then all the rest? The one that gave up almost 600 yards to JMU or 450 yards to ISUr? They are salty because no one gave them a chance? Twice? These are the guys that will surprise the Bison because NDSU will somehow overlook them?

Yep, you pretty much nailed it! Haha.

I think if we win the game, the final will be something like 35-31. I know it's impossible to score more than 14 points there when a team comes in for the first time, but IF we win, we're going to need to score. I don't see our defense shutting anything down. I could see us with a couple well-timed forced turnovers, which has become something of a trend, but our secondary in general is not a lockdown type by any stretch. We'll have to do everything right (make FGs and extra points, be smart on special teams, no stupid turnovers, etc.).

SafeTeeJ
12-14-2015, 05:02 PM

Chin UP, Wilbur!

Elvis was a Bison
12-14-2015, 05:04 PM

We'll have to do everything right (make FGs and extra points, be smart on special teams, no stupid turnovers, etc.).

Isn't that the formula for any team expecting a positive outcome? Now, having said that.... Can your team deliver?

Green1
12-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Chin UP, Wilbur!

Charlotte's Web reference FTW!!!

Eight Legger
12-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Isn't that the formula for any team expecting a positive outcome? Now, having said that.... Can your team deliver?

Of course. Just meant that we've been able to overcome stupid turnovers and bad plays in other games and still won, but I don't think we can expect to win Friday if we turn the ball over three times and settle for FGs instead of TDs. We left points on the field last Friday that fortunately did not come back to haunt us, but I would worry that things will be different this Friday if we do that.

No_Skill
12-14-2015, 05:11 PM
I genuinely hope the expectations are the same as ISUr. You could have put a baby to sleep with the lack of noise 5k brings you.

My 3 year old slept through the whole second half on Saturday. False whistle and all.

scottietohottie
12-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Charlotte's Web reference FTW!!!

The web in my barn says Go Bison!

No_Skill
12-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Ugh. Don't get me started. At least the new version (WebstUR, on the right) is somewhat menacing. The earlier two versions were pretty embarrassing. We all hated them too. It's just tough to make a stand-up spider mascot that doesn't look like a bird or something. The new one probably comes as close as possible to being a spider.

Needs more eyes. Angry ones.

Green1
12-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Needs more eyes. Angry ones.

Stop scaring Izzy!

Kat78
12-14-2015, 05:18 PM
From the start of this thread, it looks like both the Colonial and Patriot Conference fans would rather spew facts about endowment, faculty to student ratios, acceptance percentages, and SAT scores. William & Mary did it a couple of years ago about us, and Colgate did it last week...before Saturday. Private liberal arts schools can reject all the middle class they want, State Universities are there for the students of their States. Bison, kick their little entitled asses! Let's have a third meeting in Frisco! You guys are the best folks to party with in the FCS, and I need another of those shots you gave us at the bus!

1st&TennBison
12-14-2015, 05:20 PM

Amen brother I hear you there.

NDSUSR
12-14-2015, 05:22 PM
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/the-nightmare-collection-mammoth-chomping-spider-costume-bc-808593.jpg?zm=1600,1600,1,0,0

IzzyFlexion
12-14-2015, 05:26 PM
The web in my barn says Go Bison!

https://i.imgflip.com/vrb44.jpg

BisoninNWMN
12-14-2015, 05:26 PM

Richmond did not "manhandle" ISU as you stated earlier. That game was a 4 quarter game with Richmond scoring with 2 minutes left to finally put it away. Great win for sure on the road but not a "manhandling"....

Eight Legger
12-14-2015, 05:31 PM
Richmond did not "manhandle" ISU as you stated earlier. That game was a 4 quarter game with Richmond scoring with 2 minutes left to finally put it away. Great win for sure on the road but not a "manhandling"....

Fair enough. But in the playoffs, when you pretty much have a 10+ point lead the entire game on the road against the #2 seed that was favored by 12 points, while shutting down their #1 plan of attack, I think you could term it "manhandling". I suppose what we did to W&M in the second round more aptly defines that, though.

EndZoneQB
12-14-2015, 06:26 PM
From the start of this thread, it looks like both the Colonial and Patriot Conference fans would rather spew facts about endowment, faculty to student ratios, acceptance percentages, and SAT scores. William & Mary did it a couple of years ago about us, and Colgate did it last week...before Saturday. Private liberal arts schools can reject all the middle class they want, State Universities are there for the students of their States. Bison, kick their little entitled asses! Let's have a third meeting in Frisco! You guys are the best folks to party with in the FCS, and I need another of those shots you gave us at the bus!

Did you come to the Frisco Cruiser and get an EndZone bomb?

td577
12-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Fair enough. But in the playoffs, when you pretty much have a 10+ point lead the entire game on the road against the #2 seed that was favored by 12 points, while shutting down their #1 plan of attack, I think you could term it "manhandling". I suppose what we did to W&M in the second round more aptly defines that, though.

You will find out what manhandling is on Friday.

BisonNation11
12-14-2015, 07:12 PM

Forget what anyone says. You guys took it to ISU-R and took them out of their game. If Roberson didn't have the best passing game of his life, the score would have been even more lopsided. EZQB and I were pretty confident you guys would leave Normal with a win and we were right. However, this week will be much different in my opinion. Only way I see Richmond keeping it close is if you can keep your run game going. If you don't and become a one-dimensional passing team, that will be the end of you. We denied UNI's ability to run the ball and it stalled their offense. We stopped Montana's rushing game and took advantage of getting after their QB. I'd expect similar results this Friday night. It is great to see a new team come to town and one that usually runs a balanced attack should make for an even better game. Hang around this week, weed through the BS and tell those who are coming to get out to the game early and partake in the tailgating!

TransAmBison
12-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Forget what anyone says. You guys took it to ISU-R and took them out of their game. If Roberson didn't have the best passing game of his life, the score would have been even more lopsided. EZQB and I were pretty confident you guys would leave Normal with a win and we were right. However, this week will be much different in my opinion. Only way I see Richmond keeping it close is if you can keep your run game going. If you don't and become a one-dimensional passing team, that will be the end of you. We denied UNI's ability to run the ball and it stalled their offense. We stopped Montana's rushing game and took advantage of getting after their QB. I'd expect similar results this Friday night. It is great to see a new team come to town and one that usually runs a balanced attack should make for an even better game. Hang around this week, weed through the BS and tell those who are coming to get out to the game early and partake in the tailgating!Best passing game of Roberson's life? What? Roberson is a great qb...I thought he actually had one of his poorer passing performances.

The Spiders made some fantastic plays...some of those catches were crazy. Teh Redbirds were just flat on offense for pretty much the whole first half. I don't know how it would end up if they played again, but the Redbirds are a lot better (at least on offense) than they played that game. From what I've seen this year, the Redbird defense did what they've done all year.

ZHerd
12-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Best passing game of Roberson's life? What? Roberson is a great qb...I thought he actually had one of his poorer passing performances.

The Spiders made some fantastic plays...some of those catches were crazy. Teh Redbirds were just flat on offense for pretty much the whole first half. I don't know how it would end up if they played again, but the Redbirds are a lot better (at least on offense) than they played that game. From what I've seen this year, the Redbird defense did what they've done all year.

It was one of his better ones this year. Roberson has been bad this year.

Da Bison
12-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Forget what anyone says. You guys took it to ISU-R and took them out of their game. If Roberson didn't have the best passing game of his life, the score would have been even more lopsided. EZQB and I were pretty confident you guys would leave Normal with a win and we were right. However, this week will be much different in my opinion. Only way I see Richmond keeping it close is if you can keep your run game going. If you don't and become a one-dimensional passing team, that will be the end of you. We denied UNI's ability to run the ball and it stalled their offense. We stopped Montana's rushing game and took advantage of getting after their QB. I'd expect similar results this Friday night. It is great to see a new team come to town and one that usually runs a balanced attack should make for an even better game. Hang around this week, weed through the BS and tell those who are coming to get out to the game early and partake in the tailgating!

Marshaun................is that you???

THEsocalledfan
12-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Serious question for our guests from the East......I went over to your message board to read some of the discussion. A couple that made me chuckle was about UNI fans in the past buying tickets to the title game before they played you and wondering if NDSU fans are just a crazy........

(If you don't get the joke, please go read up on the realization Illinois St. had last year on the ticket situation...... :))

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2015, 07:45 PM
So, help me figure this out. They seem to love talking about 2008 but they basically went in next year and got beat by App State, the same team that beat them in 2007

This very same team last year got creamed at Coastal by a team we beat, albeit by not a comfortable margin.

So, a team that had one championship season and several second round and quarterfinal exits? Which seems more indicative?

BisonNation11
12-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Best passing game of Roberson's life? What? Roberson is a great qb...I thought he actually had one of his poorer passing performances.

I'll post this year's stats vs last years. Best game and year totals. He was not very good this year (he did break his thumb at some point). He was definitely a runner who could throw a little bit. So yeah, outside of last year's UNI game, it was the best passing game of his college career.

This year best game: Richmond: 25-45 370 yards 2 TD 1 INT Next best passing yards this year and only other over 300 was around 320 yards.
This year season totals: 49% completion %, 171.2 yards/game, 18 TD 9 INT

Last year best game: UNI: 22-33 382 yards 4 TD
Last year season totals: 57.9% completion %, 214.7 yards/game, 30 TD 10 INT

LikeMothers
12-14-2015, 07:50 PM
http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/media/5e/5e357c7da17a652e0417683ee41551f9bb0c9a3e835cbc9d7b ce3d5c8d495ad1/spider-pig2.jpg

GOBISON123
12-14-2015, 08:01 PM

Their players are raising the stakes on twitter

NDSUSR
12-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Their players are raising the stakes on twitter

Do tell...

kristind
12-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Do tell...
https://twitter.com/DJ_Helkowski/status/675807210933473280

I couldn't roll my eyes any more sarcastically than I just did while watching that... ;)

kristind
12-14-2015, 09:53 PM
And I love it BTW....Just go ahead and give our guys even more reason to get pumped up....I have no issues with that....

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Please PLEASE PLEASE wear those white uniforms next week.

Like a red cape to a bull.

Mr Pep Band
12-14-2015, 10:01 PM
https://twitter.com/DJ_Helkowski/status/675807210933473280

I couldn't roll my eyes any more sarcastically than I just did while watching that... ;)

They wore ALL white!!! ....hehe.....hahaha....MUHAHAHAHAHA. :evil::evil:

The GIZ wore All white and the Bears wore ALL white, what happend to those two?!?!

The like the drift of this game's outcome...:D:nod::cool::):biggrin:

Edit: B4L beat me

LikeMothers
12-14-2015, 10:24 PM
http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/media/5e/5e357c7da17a652e0417683ee41551f9bb0c9a3e835cbc9d7b ce3d5c8d495ad1/spider-pig2.jpg

The band needs to learn this song.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Might have to dig this one out. Anyone remember this?
Spiders and Snakes by Jim Stafford

HerdBoy
12-15-2015, 12:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7--oXjq1sI

FFBison
12-15-2015, 12:38 AM

I think if we win the game, the final will be something like 35-31. I know it's impossible to score more than 14 points there when a team comes in for the first time, but IF we win, we're going to need to score. I don't see our defense shutting anything down. I could see us with a couple well-timed forced turnovers, which has become something of a trend, but our secondary in general is not a lockdown type by any stretch. We'll have to do everything right (make FGs and extra points, be smart on special teams, no stupid turnovers, etc.).

I actually think that if Richmond has a chance, it will come from their defense playing well. I think its more conceivable that Richmond's defense gives our offense fits than Richmond's offense giving our defense fits. I expect a win, but I also expect a tight game. Think Wofford more than Coastal Carolina. Maybe not quite as low scoring as Wofford, but something similar to that. I had a lot of respect for Wofford after that game and I have a feeling I'll say the same about Richmond late Friday night.

Really looking forward to this game and I hope a lot of your fans make the trip and enjoy the weekend in Fargo.

BattleBorn
12-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Please PLEASE PLEASE wear those white uniforms next week.

Like a red cape to a bull.

They better wear white Friday night. They won't be able to afterwards...

Scooter1
12-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Should be a good game. A lot is said about how the Fargodome is the reason for the four titles but their record on the road is more impressive.
Since this Senior class were true freshmen the Bison have a 28-2 record outside of the Fargodome. 16 of the 28 wins have been against top 20 teams (or FBS schools)

A look at the road record of Richmond...
Over the last five years (or since Richmond's Sr were true freshmen)
Richmond is 15-16 on the road.
Richmond has played 7 road games and are 4-3 in 2015 and 2-2 against top 25 FCS teams on the road this year.

I acknowledge that Richmond is a good team and beat Ill St on the road. Great win for a very good program. Richmond was amazing on third and long all game long against Illinois St which was the reason for the win. Teams that consistently win on the road do no put themselves in a position to have to repeatedly convert on third and long and it is especially true when playing one of the top defenses in the FCS. Richmond has not proven that they can consistently win on the road in 2015 so I have no reason to think that Friday night will be any different. Playing the Four time National Champs on the road is a completely different animal and for this reason I pick NDSU by 14.

NDSU 35 Richmond 21

tony
12-15-2015, 10:06 AM
They better wear white Friday night. They won't be able to afterwards...

Hahaahahahahahahahaha!

Eight Legger
12-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Should be a good game. A lot is said about how the Fargodome is the reason for the four titles but their record on the road is more impressive.
Since this Senior class were true freshmen the Bison have a 28-2 record outside of the Fargodome. 16 of the 28 wins have been against top 20 teams (or FBS schools)

Richmond has played 7 road games and are 4-3 in 2015 and 2-2 against top 25 FCS teams on the road this year.

I acknowledge that Richmond is a good team and beat Ill St on the road. Great win for a very good program. Richmond was amazing on third and long all game long against Illinois St which was the reason for the win. Teams that consistently win on the road do no put themselves in a position to have to repeatedly convert on third and long and it is especially true when playing one of the top defenses in the FCS. Richmond has not proven that they can consistently win on the road in 2015 so I have no reason to think that Friday night will be any different. Playing the Four time National Champs on the road is a completely different animal and for this reason I pick NDSU by 14.

NDSU 35 Richmond 21

This is pretty much all logical and well said. The only thing that I would say is that we have been a pretty good team on 3rd down throughout the year, especially when we really needed it in big games. We were 11 of 15 converting third downs at JMU, who was number 3 in the nation at the time. So we've beaten the number 2 and number three teams on the road this year, and in situations where we needed to come through in key moments, we've done it. Now whether we can beat another top 3 team on the road remains to be seen, but I have confidence in our ability to execute in critical situations because we've done it in the biggest situations this year.

EC8CH
12-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Richmond's abilty to consistently convert on 3rd and long against ISU was impressive, but it still would not be the position I would like to see my team continually in at the Fargodome against the Bison defense.

Really looking forward to seeing a new oppenent with a solid team and some history behind them come to the Dome for the playoffs.

tony
12-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Richmond's abilty to consistently convert on 3rd and long against ISU was impressive, but it still would not be the position I would like to see my team continually in at the Fargodome against the Bison defense.

Really looking forward to seeing a new oppenent with a solid team and some history behind them come to the Dome for the playoffs.

Yeah, seems like every season since going DI, NDSU has managed to play a couple teams for the first time.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2015, 01:04 PM

Agreed. Eight Legger, the big difference in the Dome is the noise. It is nearly impossible for the QB to change the play on 3rd and long. Then, you have the possibility of a false start, even though using a silent count. Makes it really, really tough on the opposing offense to convert 3rd and long knowing the "4th down" chant is coming if you miss. I am not sure how loud JMU gets, but that is likely your only comparison. (Yes, I know you did well that game.) To top it off, due to the very steep sides of the Dome, the fans are nearly right on top of you. It makes it completely unique, and the complimentary stuff from the ESPN crews is not just trying to be nice, but an acknowledgement of just how loud it gets. In the second half last week, I was in row DD on the 50 yo, and could not hear my son talking next to me. Imagine then what it is like on the field.

td577
12-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Agreed. Eight Legger, the big difference in the Dome is the noise. It is nearly impossible for the QB to change the play on 3rd and long. Then, you have the possibility of a false start, even though using a silent count. Makes it really, really tough on the opposing offense to convert 3rd and long knowing the "4th down" chant is coming if you miss. I am not sure how loud JMU gets, but that is likely your only comparison. (Yes, I know you did well that game.) To top it off, due to the very steep sides of the Dome, the fans are nearly right on top of you. It makes it completely unique, and the complimentary stuff from the ESPN crews is not just trying to be nice, but an acknowledgement of just how loud it gets. In the second half last week, I was in row DD on the 50 yo, and could not hear my son talking next to me. Imagine then what it is like on the field.

When our defense, who is more used to it, says the noise messes with your thought process, it is a factor. I don't care what anyone says. I think the Bison are good enough to compete and win with anyone if the dome was empty but the noise adds a completely different dynamic. Just one more thing an opponent has to prepare for because if they ignore it coming in, it will be way too overwhelming. Anyone that says it isn't a big deal should try to do work for a couple of hours near a wide open jet engine and see how that goes.

CAS4127
12-15-2015, 01:49 PM

NDSU 35 Richmond 21

I'm sure Richmond is studying closely Montana 1.0. I expect Richmond to challenge our corners big time. I believe our biggest weakness is defending 20-30 yard passes. We are not good on those for most part.

Sent from my iPhone.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm sure Richmond is studying closely Montana 1.0. I expect Richmond to challenge our corners big time. I believe our biggest weakness is defending 20-30 yard passes. We are not good on those for most part.

Sent from my iPhone.

CAS, as always hits the nail on the head. You have to get explosive plays, and with how the run D has improved, long passes are a better bet at this point.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2015, 01:54 PM
3rd and long is what as a D coordinator you try and try to get the other team in. One of the biggest advantages the noise gives us is our D line being able to be fast off the ball. Now put the arachnids in 3rd and long and we can pin our ears back and get off the ball in a hurry.

YOU CAN'T THROW THE BALL LAYING ON YOUR BACK

td577
12-15-2015, 01:56 PM

Sent from my iPhone.

If we get enough pressure, it will lessen the load on the backend. I expect them to complete a few of those. Just make the QB move his feet and reduce his accuracy. Even if our d-backs are playing the receivers perfectly, it isn't 100% necessary if the QB isn't getting them the ball regularly in the right place. Even with ISUr's suspect pass defense, the spider QB had to throw perfect passes and he was because they weren't making him move in the pocket.

bri-dog
12-15-2015, 01:57 PM

Sent from my iPhone.

CAS, as always hits the nail on the head. You have to get explosive plays, and with how the run D has improved, long passes are a better bet at this point.

With CJ playing and the rest of the secondary playing their regular positions, though, we are much improved in that area. IMO, even the TD pass against UNI was fairly well defended. It took a perfect throw to fit it in there.

I guess we'll find out on Friday night just how much they've improved...

EC8CH
12-15-2015, 02:01 PM
When our defense, who is more used to it, says the noise messes with your thought process, it is a factor. I don't care what anyone says. I think the Bison are good enough to compete and win with anyone if the dome was empty but the noise adds a completely different dynamic. Just one more thing an opponent has to prepare for because if they ignore it coming in, it will be way too overwhelming. Anyone that says it isn't a big deal should try to do work for a couple of hours near a wide open jet engine and see how that goes.

This is exactly what a lot of opposing fans overlook. It's not just having experience with a silent snap count to deal with not being able to hear. Maintaining focus in noise that loud is difficult to do for an extended period of time.

I know I've worked in a room at 90 db and after a few minutes you can practically feel your brain rattling. At over 100 db I can see how the Dome noise can get into someone's head.

Bison4x
12-15-2015, 02:02 PM
The Fawkers wore all white too.

CAS4127
12-15-2015, 02:03 PM
With CJ playing and the rest of the secondary playing their regular positions, though, we are much improved in that area. IMO, even the TD pass against UNI was fairly well defended. It took a perfect throw to fit it in there.

I guess we'll find out on Friday night just how much they've improved...

The long pass by Bailey to WR to their sideline in second half was horribly defended.

Sent from my iPhone.

EC8CH
12-15-2015, 02:04 PM
The Fawkers wore all white too.

But with helmets colored an offensive shade of green.

bri-dog
12-15-2015, 02:09 PM
The long pass by Bailey to WR to their sideline in second half was horribly defended.

Sent from my iPhone.

I agree that we still give up a few. I'm just saying (IMO, of course), that studying the first Montana game is not a good indicator of our defense of late...

Eight Legger
12-15-2015, 02:11 PM
I don't think any of our fans are "overlooking" the noise effect, and I'm sure our team isn't either. And I'm not here to suggest that we are going to have no issues at all with the environment. But if we thought that just because it gets really loud in there and you guys have a great team that we had zero chance to win, then we might as well not even make the trip, honestly. We'll certainly have to overcome a lot of things to win the game, but I think we are capable of that for sure. Will we? Who knows.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't think any of our fans are "overlooking" the noise effect, and I'm sure our team isn't either. And I'm not here to suggest that we are going to have no issues at all with the environment. But if we thought that just because it gets really loud in there and you guys have a great team that we had zero chance to win, then we might as well not even make the trip, honestly. We'll certainly have to overcome a lot of things to win the game, but I think we are capable of that for sure. Will we? Who knows.

I do. No

10char

CAS4127
12-15-2015, 02:18 PM

NDSU pumps noise at practice twice a week when we have a home game just to get D prepared for it.

Sent from my iPhone.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2015, 02:20 PM

Just out of curiosity, how in the devil did you lose to Maryland then make it this far? (And it was not close!) That was a pretty horrible team this year in the P5.

bisonmike2
12-15-2015, 02:20 PM
I got to be honest with these guys. The noise thing is overrated. We make that up around here to trick opposing teams into spending unnecessary time practicing with silent counts and hand signals. There's really no point to do that Richmond. Just do your regular line calls, it will all be fine. Spend that extra time practicing dive runs and 7 step QB drop backs.

80ALUM
12-15-2015, 02:21 PM

I read somewhere that Richmond''s offense is practicing in a basketball arena with sound system at full volume.

3Putt
12-15-2015, 02:22 PM

I would look at Montana 2.0 more 1.0. CJ played, Grimsley has more experienced and it was in the dome. Montana executed poorly but the defense is closer to what Richmond could expect.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2015, 02:26 PM
My guess is we are going to see Richmond sneak the RB out of the backfield late and hit him with a pass ala Youngstown. That was the last "scheme" that seemed to work pretty regularly against us. I was surprised UNI didn't try it more. With Richmonds down field threat this could be open and be a thorn in our ass for a bit.

Eight Legger
12-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, how in the devil did you lose to Maryland then make it this far? (And it was not close!) That was a pretty horrible team this year in the P5.

I think if we played them tomorrow, it would be a pretty different outcome. But at the time, it was Lauletta's first-ever start as a QB, and we were not really sure overall what we had as a team. Most people expected 6-5 this year. It took us a few games to see that we had potential for more than that. In the Maryland game, we kept kicking to their all-world kickoff guy, and he piled up like 250 return yards or something absurd. We were actually winning the game for awhile in the second quarter as I recall, but then he just went nuts and we sort of folded. Seth Fisher also was our #1 back coming into the season and I think he got the majority of the carries that day. Green was not expected to do anything close to what he ended up doing. When Fisher got hurt a few games later was when Green really started opening eyes.

We're a team that is here a year earlier than most of us expected. We lose all our running backs after this year, but pretty much everyone else is back.

EDIT: We also have a new OC this year, and so Maryland was his first game. That may have contributed a bit to the first few games being less impressive than the last few.

17>1

A confident opposing fan base just doesn't seem to mix well with our confident fan base, it is what it is. I appreciate your insight and contribution to this thread, it adds something for sure. Often, we sit and argue amongst ourselves if we run the ball up the middle enough, or how bad our OC is, or if people in the crowd cheer enough.

Nothing wrong with believing in your team at all either. Heck, many Bison fans on here just a few weeks ago were up in arms about the seeding process and all the MVFC teams being in the same group...knowing we probably would end up at ISUr and how tough the road to Frisco would be. But your team goes in there and beats them and suddenly ISUr isn't all that good, the environment and crowd noise sucked (which it did), and we're going to tell you we aren't impressed. Sift through it and you'll find that we really enjoy talking football, like literally every aspect of the game, and we just love our Bison and we're a loud and proud bunch. Go Bison!!

td577
NDSU pumps noise at practice twice a week when we have a home game just to get D prepared for it.

Sent from my iPhone.

I believe it. My point was that even with more experience than anyone else in this place, they still talk about having a hard time thinking. I can't imagine what effect that has on players who have never experienced this level of insanity. Like most of you, I have been to every home playoff game in the FCS era and still leave with my head pounding after games like the last couple and I am half deaf and wear hearing aids that shut off noise at a certain level and provide protection. I am not even where the noise is directed at. The noise factor is most certainly real. I hope another new team dismisses it as not being a very big deal.

EC8CH
12-15-2015, 02:29 PM
I read somewhere that Richmond''s offense is practicing in a basketball arena with sound system at full volume.

Bison Video Blog said because it's finals week they can't blast the speakers outdoors where they normally practice because it would disturb the surrounding students.

Scooter1
12-15-2015, 02:31 PM

Sent from my iPhone.

I would pay more attention to Montana 2.0, Youngstown St, SDSU, and S Illinois. Look closely at 1.0 if you want to know how NDSU isn't going to defend the pass.

Elvis was a Bison
12-15-2015, 02:37 PM
A confident opposing fan base just doesn't seem to mix well with our confident fan base, it is what it is. I appreciate your insight and contribution to this thread, it adds something for sure. Often, we sit and argue amongst ourselves if we run the ball up the middle enough, or how bad our OC is, or if people in the crowd cheer enough.

Nothing wrong with believing in your team at all either. Heck, many Bison fans on here just a few weeks ago were up in arms about the seeding process and all the MVFC teams being in the same group...knowing we probably would end up at ISUr and how tough the road to Frisco would be. But your team goes in there and beats them and suddenly ISUr isn't all that good, the environment and crowd noise sucked (which it did), and we're going to tell you we aren't impressed. Sift through it and you'll find that we really enjoy talking football, like literally every aspect of the game, and we just love our Bison and we're a loud and proud bunch. Go Bison!!

This^^^^^^^^

bisonp
12-15-2015, 02:42 PM
I believe it. My point was that even with more experience than anyone else in this place, they still talk about having a hard time thinking. I can't imagine what effect that has on players who have never experienced this level of insanity. Like most of you, I have been to every home playoff game in the FCS era and still leave with my head pounding after games like the last couple and I am half deaf and wear hearing aids that shut off noise at a certain level and provide protection. I am not even where the noise is directed at. The noise factor is most certainly real. I hope another new team dismisses it as not being a very big deal.

The noise does depend on where you are. I'm usually higher up in the stands and it's loud but not terribly bad up there. During the Montana game I happened to be in the south end of the west concourse when we were on defense and something about the tone of the sound bouncing off the corners and into the concourse made my ears start to hurt.

Eight Legger
12-15-2015, 02:45 PM
The noise does depend on where you are. I'm usually higher up in the stands and it's loud but not terribly bad up there. During the Montana game I happened to be in the south end of the west concourse when we were on defense and something about the tone of the sound bouncing off the corners and into the concourse made my ears start to hurt.

So is it louder in the dome or at a NASCAR race? We get 100,000 people to Richmond International Raceway twice a year, and it's a short track so you can't escape the noise for 4 hours. I don't know what the decibel levels are like there, but I wear ear plugs for the entire time.

17>1
12-15-2015, 02:46 PM

Why is everyone assuming Richmond is going to dismiss the noise factor? Because a fan on a message board keeps saying "but, but, but, but"? Richmond is pumping noise into a basketball gym and practicing in it....that sounds like nothing close to a team that is taking the noise lightly.

EC8CH
12-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Why is everyone assuming Richmond is going to dismiss the noise factor? Because a fan on a message board keeps saying "but, but, but, but"? Richmond is pumping noise into a basketball gym and practicing in it....that sounds like nothing close to a team that is taking the noise lightly.

Fans dismiss because it's smack talking points. Teams try to prepare but it's difficult to replicate.

bisonp
12-15-2015, 02:52 PM
So is it louder in the dome or at a NASCAR race? We get 100,000 people to Richmond International Raceway twice a year, and it's a short track so you can't escape the noise for 4 hours. I don't know what the decibel levels are like there, but I wear ear plugs for the entire time.

I'm not sure, but from what I can find, NASCAR races peak at 130 to 140 dB, while the Fargodome typically maxes out at about 120 or so and that's only for 10-20 seconds at a time.

CAS4127
12-15-2015, 02:55 PM
I would pay more attention to Montana 2.0, Youngstown St, SDSU, and S Illinois. Look closely at 1.0 if you want to know how NDSU isn't going to defend the pass.

I'm talking fundamentals, not schemes. Especially one on one situations.

17>1
12-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Fans dismiss because it's smack talking points. Teams try to prepare but it's difficult to replicate.

Not going to argue that point at all. We see it every time a new visitor comes to the FFD. They can prepare all week, but it's impossible to replicate...in spite of the efforts they do in preparation.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2015, 03:01 PM

So you are saying the noise has already had a effect as they are not even practicing on their normal field. :cheers::cheers:

BisonNation11
12-15-2015, 03:01 PM

I guess I would take that as it being two different situations. If you're attending a race, you're not really trying to accomplish anything mentally other than watching and keeping track of who is where, etc. Pretty minimal mental tasks. Our opponents are trying to remember a play out of a playbook of 100's of plays, remember audibles, snap counts, motions, decipher what the defense is trying to do, remember hand signals, who's picking up what rushers/blitzes, etc. That's a lot of mental concentration that needs to occur in a short amount of time. Plus I'm betting the team isn't wearing hearing protection. Perhaps they are, I don't really know. Plus everyone in the building is against you. Everything you do wrong is magnified for you to remember. The break the other team does get is when it's on the bench, which is usually our time for the offense to control the clock and play power football. An offense has to feel pretty helpless during that time. And when it is their turn to get back on the field, the pressure to perform is usually increased as the game goes. Now desperation plus all the other factors are against you. I can see why it'd be hard. Not impossible, but difficult. I really don't think there's anyway to prep for it other than being here before. Pumping sound should help get the acclimated but just like anything anyone practices, it's nothing like the real thing. As far as how loud, you get reports of 115-120 db at it's peak. Who knows how accurate that is. Really hoping a lot of your fan base can come for the game as I know we'd try to get as many to your house as we could. Nothing like college playoff football!

17>1
12-15-2015, 03:14 PM
So you are saying the noise has already had a effect as they are not even practicing on their normal field. :cheers::cheers:

Absolutely!! I think any time you can make a team prepare differently than they normally would, you've already got the upper hand.

No_Skill
12-15-2015, 03:28 PM
I got to be honest with these guys. The noise thing is overrated. We make that up around here to trick opposing teams into spending unnecessary time practicing with silent counts and hand signals. There's really no point to do that Richmond. Just do your regular line calls, it will all be fine. Spend that extra time practicing dive runs and 7 step QB drop backs.

I actually wish that we wouldn't make such a big deal of it.

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2015, 03:34 PM
We can all natter on incessantly about how the noise will impact the victim of the week and they can spout off about how it will not be that difficult to overcome. Personally I think it's a factor but it may or may not be. As a visiting team I would not fear it.

What you should be concerned about if you are the Richmond Spiders this week is this particular group of sixty young men clad in the green and yellow, as a unit, have never won a National Championship. Nor is it what they play for week in and week out. The green and yellow guys play for something else. As the (Not a Bison) you likely do not. Nor do you/will you know what it is.

But you can know this - until the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the 4th whatever the situation on the field may be the men dressed in green and yellow, to a man, will dig down to a place that most others (myself included) likely cannot go. If the visiting team is able to overcome this then they will truly be a superior entity, noise or no.

For the green and yellow though the Championships happen because they run out of games.

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2015, 03:37 PM
We can all natter on incessantly about how the noise will impact the victim of the week and they can spout off about how it will not be that difficult to overcome. Personally I think it's a factor but it may or may not be. As a visiting team I would not fear it.

What you should be concerned about if you are the Richmond Spiders this week is this particular group of sixty young men clad in the green and yellow, as a unit, have never won a National Championship. Nor is it what they play for week in and week out. The green and yellow guys play for something else. As the (Not a Bison) you likely do not. Nor do you/will you know what it is.

But you can know this - until the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the 4th whatever the situation on the field may be the men dressed in green and yellow, to a man, will dig down to a place that most others (myself included) likely cannot go. If the visiting team is able to overcome this then they will truly be a superior entity, noise or no.

For the green and yellow though the Championships happen because they run out of games.

Great example of this was the last run by King. He literally willed himself to a first down; it was like he said, "No, I will NOT go down until I have this gamed iced for my team." That may have been his best run of the day.

EC8CH
12-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Great example of this was the last run by King. He literally willed himself to a first down; it was like he said, "No, I will NOT go down until I have this gamed iced for my team." That may have been his best run of the day.

Agree. Impressive run by King to nail the coffin closed.

td577
12-15-2015, 04:08 PM

I am sure they won't dismiss it. I am hoping they take the approach it isn't that big of a deal. That a few hand signals will do the trick.

td577
12-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Absolutely!! I think any time you can make a team prepare differently than they normally would, you've already got the upper hand.

They are certainly spending time on one thing when they could be spending it on something else.

StL Bison Fan
12-15-2015, 11:55 PM
I am sure they won't dismiss it. I am hoping they take the approach it isn't that big of a deal. That a few hand signals will do the trick.

The coach told his players that at half time, to say it was louder than they expected, is unacceptable.
WUT?

td577
12-16-2015, 12:01 AM
The coach told his players that at half time, to say it was louder than they expected, is unacceptable.
WUT?
There will be no indication there was a lack of preparation. Or don't get those bastards riled up more for next time. Maybe if we just downplay it as much as possible it will stop.

That's every excuse I can come up with.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2015, 12:05 AM
There will be no indication there was a lack of preparation. Or don't get those bastards riled up more for next time. Maybe if we just downplay it as much as possible it will stop.

That's every excuse I can come up with.

I like the ignore it and it will go away one.
Wont work, but I like it.
Last Saturday I actually had to put in ear plugs. That has never happened. Lets do it again!

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 12:54 AM
I actually wish that we wouldn't make such a big deal of it.

Yes, I agree. I don't ever get to a game in Fargo, since I live on the east coast. But, I was in the End Zone stands for a game this year ('60s class reunion) and wondered what the heck the "crowd noise" thing was all about....(Last time I was at a game it was outdoors at Dakotah Field). The noise level didn't impress me. Probably won't impress the Spiders either. Crowd noise reputation is mostly BS in my estimation .... unless you are UNI ... but UNI played like they were surprised to be in the 1/4 finals. I was surprised the "hottest team" in FCS was in the 1/4 finals too. Now they are not. Bottom line, Spiders probably can't hear noise anyway. Do they have ears? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEViQyxHBWoO4AND0nnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByM jB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?qid=20070807133526AAExAP3

Mr Meaty
12-16-2015, 12:58 AM
Yes, I agree. I don't ever get to a game in Fargo, since I live on the east coast. But, I was in the End Zone stands for a game this year ('60s class reunion) and wondered what the heck the "crowd noise" thing was all about....(Last time I was at a game it was outdoors at Dakotah Field). The noise level didn't impress me. Probably won't impress the Spiders either. Crowd noise reputation is mostly BS in my estimation .... unless you are UNI ... but UNI played like they were surprised to be in the 1/4 finals. I was surprised the "hottest team" in FCS was in the 1/4 finals too. Now they are not. Bottom line, Spiders probably can't hear noise anyway. Do they have ears? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEViQyxHBWoO4AND0nnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByM jB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?qid=20070807133526AAExAP3
You should have turned your hearing aids up!!!

Vet70
12-16-2015, 01:01 AM

There have been a number of opposing players and coaches who have disagreed in their post game comments.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 01:02 AM
You should have turned your hearing aids up!!! Why would I have to do that?

Mr Meaty
12-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Why would I have to do that?

Because you did not hear the crowd. Unless you were sitting by the milk drinkers.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 01:21 AM
You folks are dumber than dog poop. (We say "dog shit" out east, but that is probably politically incorrect and too insensitive for you weenies here). I have been to a Spider game against W&M and seen the Spiders play. I have been to Bison game and seen the Bison play IN THE DOME with "crowd noise". Earlier I suggest the USD game was a TRAP game and you all told me the BISON didn't even have to show up to win the game.... and they didn't.... so how did that turn out?

You all are mostly blowhards wanttobe fans who don't know the difference between cream of wheat from gritz! Get back to me when you have something intelligent to say.

So you are saying the crowd noise couldn't even be heard by milk drinkers..... weak... weak...weak....crowd noise and excuse....

Grits is normally spelled with an "s" but then so is Bizon.....

Mr Meaty
12-16-2015, 01:26 AM
You folks are dumber than dog poop. (We say "dog shit" out east, but that is probably politically incorrect and too insensitive for you weenies here). I have been to a Spider game against W&M and seen the Spiders play. I have been to Bison game and seen the Bison play IN THE DOME with "crowd noise". Earlier I suggest the USD game was a TRAP game and you all told me the BISON didn't even have to show up to win the game.... and they didn't.... so how did that turn out?
You all are mostly blowhards wanttobe fans who don't know the difference between cream of wheat from gritz! Get back to me when you have something intelligent to say.

So you are saying the crowd noise couldn't even be hear by milk drinkers..... weak... weak...weak....crowd noise and excuse....

Merry Christmas to you or is it Happy Holidays?

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 01:29 AM

So you are saying the crowd noise couldn't even be hear by milk drinkers..... weak... weak...weak....crowd noise and excuse....

This post tells me your first post was...dog poop.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 01:30 AM
Merry Christmas to you or is it Happy Holidays?We do Merry Christmas.... I don't know what "happy holidays" referrers to unless you are a flaming left wing nut case ... Then I assume it means you have no core beliefs. Can you speak louder,... I can hardly hear you.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 01:31 AM
This post tells me your first post was...dog poop. I told it like it is. You obviously can't stand reality?

EC8CH
12-16-2015, 01:31 AM
Who pizzed in thiz guy'z gritz?

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 01:36 AM

I tried gritz once....gawd awful stuff.

Mr Meaty
12-16-2015, 01:37 AM

No zhit right.

Milkman
12-16-2015, 01:46 AM
So Virginia what you're trying to say is the Fargodome noise is as overrated as gritzzzzzz?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
12-16-2015, 01:49 AM
whatz up with all theze ZZ's?????????? iz thiz zorbaz mezzage board?

FFBison
12-16-2015, 01:49 AM

During the 2011-2013 seasons, each and every home game was loud. That started to taper off in 2014-2015 for regular season games. I know what you're saying here. The crowds at regular season games just don't have the "juice" like they used to, but that's expected with the success we've had. But nothing compares to playoff loud. This year is as loud as its been the past couple years and I think its due to the lack of absolute dominance by the team. The crowd is back in it cause we know we can't just show up and win.

So I'll agree with your statement, but you'd be impressed if you attended the game this weekend. Playoff loud is a real thing.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 01:50 AM
We do Merry Christmas.... I don't know what "happy holidays" referrers to unless you are a flaming left wing nut case ... Then I assume it means you have no core beliefs. Can you speak louder,... I can hardly hear you.

Hey VABison, did Virginia ever get all the dead people off their voter rolls?

Hammerhead
12-16-2015, 01:50 AM
There are two holidays coming up -- Christmas and New Years -- so I don't see what the big deal with Happy Holidays is.

We do Merry Christmas.... I don't know what "happy holidays" referrers to unless you are a flaming left wing nut case ... Then I assume it means you have no core beliefs. Can you speak louder,... I can hardly hear you.

CAS4127
12-16-2015, 01:52 AM
I agree that we shouldn't Yack so much about loudness in FFD. WE just let it be what it is instead trying to defend or brag about to other fan bases. It effects some teams maybe, but not all of them. Just let it rest on its own.

Sent from my iPhone.

Hammerhead
12-16-2015, 01:54 AM
I was on the student gov't charter bus to the 1986 D-II championship game (where I took my avatar photo) and I felt sorry for the poor waitress at the diner where we stopped for breakfast in the morning. She had to put up with dozens of drunken idiots keep asking questons about grits. :)

You all are mostly blowhards wanttobe fans who don't know the difference between cream of wheat from gritz!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 01:56 AM
There are two holidays coming up -- Christmas and New Years -- so I don't see what the big deal with Happy Holidays is.

I think what he was inferring was that the flaming liberals, left to their own devices, would change Christmas to a Friday or a Monday, if they kept it at all.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 01:58 AM
Hey VABison, did Virginia ever get all the dead people off their voter rolls?Unfortunately NO. The Zombie vote still carries weight in close elections.... at least in Northern Virginia.... not so much in the ole South part of the Commonwealth.

NFH Schlüssel
12-16-2015, 01:59 AM
So Virginia what you're trying to say is the Fargodome noise is as overrated as gritzzzzzz?

No, I think you guys are confused... Virginia meant to say Stippgrütze - a wurst made with the innerds and other "waste" of pork, fried in more fat than what's originally in there.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wurstebrei-1.jpg#/media/File:Wurstebrei-1.jpg

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:00 AM
Unfortunately NO. The Zombie vote still carries weight in close elections.... at least in Northern Virginia.... not so much in the ole South part of the Commonwealth.

Yeah, I know several states who were trying to update their voter rolls, were sued by this Administration, through AG Earache Holder, to keep them on the rolls.

89MTBISON
12-16-2015, 02:01 AM
"Cream Of Wheat" is a brand of farina, a type of breakfast porridge mix made fromwheat*semolina. It looks similar to grits, but is smoother in texture since it is made with ground*wheat*kernels instead of ground corn. It was first manufactured in the United States in 1893 by*wheat*millers inGrand Forks ND

I will never eat cream of wheat again. Thanks for nothin Virginia!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:02 AM
I was on the student gov't charter bus to the 1986 D-II championship game (where I took my avatar photo) and I felt sorry for the poor waitress at the diner where we stopped for breakfast in the morning. She had to put up with dozens of drunken idiots keep asking questons about grits. :)

Did she tell them to: kiss my grits...?

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:03 AM
"Cream Of Wheat" is a brand of farina, a type of breakfast porridge mix made fromwheat*semolina. It looks similar to grits, but is smoother in texture since it is made with ground*wheat*kernels instead of ground corn. It was first manufactured in the United States in 1893 by*wheat*millers in "Cream Of Wheat" is a brand of farina, a type of breakfast porridge mix made fromwheat*semolina. It looks similar to grits, but is smoother in texture since it is made with ground*wheat*kernels instead of ground corn. It was first manufactured in the United States in 1893 by*wheat*millers in Grand Forks, North Dakota.

I will never eat cream of wheat again. Thanks for nothin Virginia!

Yep, I was aware of that bit of trivia.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:05 AM
Unfortunately NO. The Zombie vote still carries weight in close elections.... at least in Northern Virginia.... not so much in the ole South part of the Commonwealth.

Indeed, that's how Terry whatshisname won the governorship.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 02:07 AM
There are two holidays coming up -- Christmas and New Years -- so I don't see what the big deal with Happy Holidays is.Tough to explain if you don't know. Some liberal art education people just cannot understand the difference between "holidays" (days that the government declares are closed for government agencies) and special dates set aside for specific of observance. The government keeps trying to move these special specific observances into the general category of "holiday" so they lose their cultural significance. .... but this is becoming thread drift and I don't really like thread drift.

EC8CH
12-16-2015, 02:08 AM
Tough to explain if you don't know. Some liberal art education people just cannot understand the difference between "holidays" (days that the government declares are closed for government agencies) and special dates set aside for specific of observance. The government keeps trying to move these special specific observances into the general category of "holiday" so they lose their cultural significance. .... but this is becoming thread drift and I don't really like thread drift.

Can you cook gritz in a tinfoil hat?

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 02:10 AM
"Cream Of Wheat" is a brand of farina, a type of breakfast porridge mix made fromwheat*semolina. It looks similar to grits, but is smoother in texture since it is made with ground*wheat*kernels instead of ground corn. It was first manufactured in the United States in 1893 by*wheat*millers inGrand Forks ND

I will never eat cream of wheat again. Thanks for nothin Virginia! Now you know the difference. Cream of Wheat... good. Grits.... bad. :)

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 02:11 AM
Can you cook gritz in a tinfoil hat?Yes, if the tin foil hat will hold water to a boil

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=EC8CH;1077729]Can you cook gritz in a tinfoil hat?[/QUOTE

Ya smoked one out, VABison.

89MTBISON
12-16-2015, 02:13 AM
now you know the difference. Cream of wheat... Good. Grits.... Bad. :)
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! All true Bison fans know nothing good can come out of el Forko Grande.:)

td577
12-16-2015, 02:15 AM
I remember the first time I had grits. I thought it was cream of wheat. Was not happy.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:16 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! All true Bison fans know nothing good can come out of el Forko Grande.:)

I do love that Dakota Maid flour.

Made from North Dakota grown, number one hard spring wheat.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 02:16 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! All true Bison fans know nothing good can come out of el Forko Grande.:)Okay, grits GOOD if you can put enough butter on them .....even el Forko Grande ...... sort of like Bacon makes anything taste good.

Hammerhead
12-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Back on topic -- somewhat. The end zone seats in the Fargodome seem much louder than the end zone seats at Montana this year.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Okay, grits GOOD if you can put enough butter on them .....even el Forko Grande ...... sort of like Bacon makes anything taste good.

Bet they would taste good with bacon grease poured over them.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-16-2015, 02:26 AM
Back on topic -- somewhat. The end zone seats in the Fargodome seem much louder than the end zone seats at Montana this year.

Since the few games we've lost the last 4 or 5 years (sans a couple) have come in the Dome, I guess the noise is not a factor.

BisonHorns
12-16-2015, 02:30 AM
Regular season noise is not that great. Playoffs is damn impressive! I don't know why everyone waits to get rowdy. It is probably because we all have Frisco tickets and want to help make it happen.

CAS4127
12-16-2015, 02:35 AM
I often wonder if the people saying "people need to be louder" are the same people who say "people need to anti up their money" for this or that, and are same ones that really do neither. Just expect someone else to do it.

Sent from my iPhone.

CAS4127
12-16-2015, 02:37 AM
Dp.

Tig.

tjbison
12-16-2015, 02:37 AM
I often wonder if the people saying "people need to be louder" are the same people who say "people need to anti up their money" for this or that, are same ones that really do neither. Just expect someone else to do it.

Sent from my iPhone.

I expect tailgating to be better this week.........

VirginiaBison
12-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Since the few games we've lost the last 4 or 5 years (sans a couple) have come in the Dome, I guess the noise is not a factor.

Actually, I believe the noise is a variable..... If you come in not expecting it or fearing it.... you have a problem (like UNI). But if you have experience and/or preparation you may be able to deal with it. .... but even then it can be a problem.

Its sort of like a bomb going off.... if the direct blast does not kill you, but the collateral concussion does. The noise in the dome has sort of the same effect even for the experienced. How many players (and fans in the stands) complain of ears ringing, headaches, dizziness, depression, memory and concentration problems, etc. after a trip to the Dome?

Those are things playing loud music in a basketball gym cannot duplicate or prepare one for. 102 decibels is LOUD... even for milk drinkers up in the corner of the end zone stands.

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2015, 02:52 AM
I sit in the endzone near the field. I have never had a problem with the noise in the dome. Until last Saturday.
I left with a headache. Well done fans

TateMosersneighbor
12-16-2015, 03:30 PM
ESPN3 showed a digital reading of anywhere from 98 to 99, then the whistle gate happened and it showed 102-103. I looked at similar decibel readings. One that was interesting was "3 feet from a running lawn mower=107". So yeah, it's gonna rattle a guy or two. Me thinks the refs will be interesting...they will be shocked and need to "play" well too.

Nice work by all, we don't get to 103 decibels without a few blue hairs standing up and yelling.

NFH Schlüssel
12-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Speaking of the refs, does anyone know from which conference they'll come?

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2015, 03:36 PM
Download a decibel meter app.
Some are surprising accurate.

DCinOK
12-16-2015, 03:54 PM

I don't know, but someone should tell them they don't need to bring their whistles...we'll take care of that.

gotts
12-16-2015, 04:29 PM

I thought I saw SoCon somewhere, but I could be mistaken.

Olton Hall
12-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Yes, I agree. I don't ever get to a game in Fargo, since I live on the east coast. But, I was in the End Zone stands for a game this year ('60s class reunion) and wondered what the heck the "crowd noise" thing was all about....(Last time I was at a game it was outdoors at Dakotah Field). The noise level didn't impress me. Probably won't impress the Spiders either. Crowd noise reputation is mostly BS in my estimation .... unless you are UNI ... but UNI played like they were surprised to be in the 1/4 finals. I was surprised the "hottest team" in FCS was in the 1/4 finals too. Now they are not. Bottom line, Spiders probably can't hear noise anyway. Do they have ears?

I have to break my long time lurking to post a reply to the lack of noise in the Dome. First greetings from further north on the east coast. I will never forget the noise in the Dome during the 2012 semi final game. I'm surprised I did not suffer hearing loss after that night in the south stands. I spoke to some George Southern fans the next morning at the airport and they thing the noise had an effect, especially at the very end. They were impressed with how loud it was. I will admit some regular season games can be quieter, especially if it's the opening of hunting season and you are in the north end zone. Even those games are much louder than the first few seasons in the dome when you could hear the hum of the lights.

Yes Dakotah Field had the banging of the boards to make a lot of noise but it was only loud to those sitting in south stands as the wind blew the sound back towards the press box.

bisonhp330
12-16-2015, 09:05 PM
I have to break my long time lurking to post a reply to the lack of noise in the Dome. First greetings from further north on the east coast. I will never forget the noise in the Dome during the 2012 semi final game. I'm surprised I did not suffer hearing loss after that night in the south stands. I spoke to some George Southern fans the next morning at the airport and they thing the noise had an effect, especially at the very end. They were impressed with how loud it was. I will admit some regular season games can be quieter, especially if it's the opening of hunting season and you are in the north end zone. Even those games are much louder than the first few seasons in the dome when you could hear the hum of the lights.

Yes Dakotah Field had the banging of the boards to make a lot of noise but it was only loud to those sitting in south stands as the wind blew the sound back towards the press box.

Good post. You must now engage and

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lc5zc4.jpg