PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from a Griz fan

GetEmGriz
12-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Hey, Bison fans.

I just wanted to stop by and say congrats for the win on Saturday. The Bison sure kicked Montana's ass and dominated from start to finish. I really thought that we would keep it close and we very well could have if our offense could have had any production against your defense. Hats off to your team.

My fiancee and I made the drive over to Fargo from western Montana with a couple of friends as we wanted to check out the gameday atmosphere as we've heard a lot of Bison fans rave about. As for our experience, we were treated great at the tailgates. We ran into some great Bison fans and we were offered a shit ton of beer and food to the point where we had to turn it down just so that we could make it inside of the stadium. Shotskis, fantastic homemade french fries, and much more. Absolutely delicious! We received a lot of fist bumps and comments like "Thanks for coming to Fargo", "Thanks for being great hosts in Missoula back in August", "Good Luck" as well as some friendly heckling. It was a great experience.

As for the game, I had to chuckle at a comment an event staff member gave to me. Our seats were in one of the endzones just to the corner of the Montana section. When I asked this gentleman if he could point us to where we needed to go to find our seats, he pointed up towards the top of the endzone and said, "have a nice climb." Had to laugh as we're used to climbing to the very top of the NEZ in WA-Grizzly Stadium. We're conditioned for those climbs. :cool: Great view and had some fun light-hearted smack with Bison fans sitting around us during the game.

The Fargodome is impressive. Awesome pregame show the band puts on, cool tunnel run the team has with the lights out. Although I am biased and enjoy outdoor football more than indoor football, you guys definitely make noise and use the dome to your advantage. It was loud in there for most of the game until it really got out of hand. Although I still think WA-Griz is louder, you guys have a fantastic atmosphere and it's easy to see why NDSU is now 14-0 in the FCS playoffs. My ears were ringing after the game which was annoying. You have a good thing going on in Fargo.

Overall I had a fun experience on Saturday. My favorite part was the tailgating because let's be honest, my team didn't show up which didn't make for a fun game for a Griz fan. In the end, I want to thank the few Bison fans that we met, ate and drank with for being great hosts. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way and hope we can continue this rivalry in the future. These games are very good for our two schools and the FCS.

Cheers! :cheers:

tjbison
12-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Thanks, good luck next year

Mr Meaty
12-07-2015, 09:56 PM
You are always welcome in Fargo and hope we do continue to play each other. Go Bison!!!

Mr Pep Band
12-07-2015, 10:03 PM
The Fargodome is impressive. Awesome pregame show the band puts on, cool tunnel run the team has with the lights out. .............. why NDSU is now 14-0 in the FCS playoffs. My ears were ringing after the game which was annoying. You have a good thing going on in Fargo.
........These games are very good for our two schools and the FCS.

Cheers! :cheers:

Thank you and good luck next season!

Not to nitpick but NDSU is 14-0 in FargoDome playoff games, they all happen to be FCS.
We are 19-1 in the FCS playoffs overall, the one loss being in 2010 at EWU in overtime.

And thanks also for appreciating the band, not everyone does.

GetEmGriz
12-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Thank you and good luck next season!

Not to nitpick but NDSU is 14-0 in FargoDome playoff games, they all happen to be FCS.
We are 19-1 in the FCS playoffs overall, the one loss being in 2010 at EWU in overtime.

And thanks also for appreciating the band, not everyone does.

That's what I was saying but I should have clarified it more. I like to give props to the band because I was in the UM Marching Band when I attended college. :nod:

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2015, 10:19 PM
thats gotta be a long drive back to Western Montana...probably the same distance as Fargo to Frisco.

Glad you enjoyed it outside the game...NDSU would be a great game to visit if i were an opposing team fan...our tailgate is really good at getting opposing fans in our bus for shots.

thebootfitter
12-07-2015, 10:47 PM
The Fargodome is impressive. Awesome pregame show the band puts on, cool tunnel run the team has with the lights out. Although I am biased and enjoy outdoor football more than indoor football, you guys definitely make noise and use the dome to your advantage. It was loud in there for most of the game until it really got out of hand. Although I still think WA-Griz is louder, you guys have a fantastic atmosphere and it's easy to see why NDSU is now 14-0 in the FCS playoffs. My ears were ringing after the game which was annoying. You have a good thing going on in Fargo.
Thanks for visiting. Great post.

Regarding the bolded section above, I agree. I wasn't at the GSU game a few years back when the FargoDome erupted on our last-second score, but I have been to a few big games, including playoff games in the dome. Now, maybe it depends quite a bit where you are in the stadium, but from my 50-yard line seats at WA-Griz in August, there was definitely a more intense roar from the crowd than I've heard in the FargoDome.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Yeah congrats on the win you guys beat our ass.

I will say this, Saturday was the first time in Fargo I had problems with NDSU fans.

The guy where we were sitting was suck a fuckface we moved seats at halftime.

Then after the game in the parking lot on the way to the truck some 45-50 year old woman tried to spit on me. She missed and I asked her if she wanted me to come a little closer and try again. Her and her husband were drunk and loudmouthed dickbags. Then there were the snowballs a group started throwing at us when we walked to my truck.

As usual the guys I tailgate with were awesome and that shit wouldn't fly around there. I was a little shocked since I have been there multiple times and never had a problem.

Good luck next weekend I hope you beat UNIs ass. Win 5

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-07-2015, 10:52 PM
thats gotta be a long drive back to Western Montana...probably the same distance as Fargo to Frisco.

Glad you enjoyed it outside the game...NDSU would be a great game to visit if i were an opposing team fan...our tailgate is really good at getting opposing fans in our bus for shots.
You never offered me shots on the bus.......... that I can remember ;)

EC8CH
12-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Glad you had fun in Fargo despite your team's loss. I had the exact same experience in Missoula!

I love when the Bison play the Griz. Lots of history and tradition on both sides of the ball, and two great fanbases make for great tailgating, internet smack, and everything else you could possibly want out of college football.

thebootfitter
12-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I will say this, Saturday was the first time in Fargo I had problems with NDSU fans.
This is always disappointing. And not to defend the schmucks in any way, but every fan base has them. Doesn't make it right. Just hope you don't have to encounter them again.

MAKBison
12-07-2015, 11:42 PM

Then after the game in the parking lot on the way to the truck some 45-50 year old woman tried to spit on me. She missed and I asked her if she wanted me to come a little closer and try again. Her and her husband were drunk and loudmouthed dickbags. Then there were the snowballs a group started throwing at us when we walked to my truck.

As usual the guys I tailgate with were awesome and that shit wouldn't fly around there. I was a little shocked since I have been there multiple times and never had a problem.

It surprises me that no one said anything to them.....Maybe some did? The last time I seen a fan be a dick head to an opposing team's fan, everyone within eye and ear shot told the them to knock it off.

DuckDuckGriz
12-07-2015, 11:50 PM
I thought you guys were pretty fucking rude.

At least let us put in double digits.

GFBison
12-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Picked up bad habits at SDSU is my guess. Always hate walking through crowds at away games after a loss. Nothing worse than a slob that spits. I would bet that person couldn't name more than one or two NDSU players if she was holding the program.

GFBison
12-07-2015, 11:52 PM
I thought you guys were pretty fucking rude.

At least let us put in double digits.

Dang sorry man. How's this 06?

BisonHorns
12-08-2015, 12:38 AM

This stuff never happened and you know it. I called you out on here last week for being an idiot and people defended you. They know this crap is made up too. Never heard anything like it ever before and we play big games all the time here in Fargo. Spit and snowballs! Take your BigSky crap talk back to Montana.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-08-2015, 12:58 AM
It surprises me that no one said anything to them.....Maybe some did? The last time I seen a fan be a dick head to an opposing team's fan, everyone within eye and ear shot told the them to knock it off.
Yeah I brought that up when we were in our original seats and it just irritated others around us so we left. I was shocked nobody said anything to him......however he and his fat fu*king wife will always remember that game.

It's not a big deal I will still come back because the majority of you guys are awesome to tailgate with.

tjbison
12-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Should have took their pictures and posted them here, no reason for that shit

Blair
12-08-2015, 01:15 AM
Waiting in line for the Jiffy Jon in tailgating lot, struck up a brief conversation with a Griz fan. I don't remember verbatim, but it was to the effect "We heard you guys know how to tailgate, but this is nuts. And the crazy thing is they tell me it's only half full! And you're all so nice!". :D

Green1
12-08-2015, 01:25 AM
Had a wonderful time with griz fans in the tailgate and in the dome. I am shocked that alpha received that kind of treatment from not one but three separate groups of Bison fans. I, personally, didn't see/hear any sort of hostile behavior directed toward Griz fans at all.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-08-2015, 01:29 AM
Had a wonderful time with griz fans in the tailgate and in the dome. I am shocked that alpha received that kind of treatment from not one but three separate groups of Bison fans. I, personally, didn't see/hear any sort of hostile behavior directed toward Griz fans at all.

Maybe they heard about what a prick Alpha was on our message board.

StL Bison Fan
12-08-2015, 01:33 AM
We had grizels behind us. They were nice. Met some in the lot and they seemed to enjoy themselves much more than our other guests from other teams. No one should be treated poorly in Bison country.
I thought that although that Alpha guy was rather grizzled, he was docile :biggrin:

MAKBison
12-08-2015, 01:33 AM

Yeah, cant say I have ever heard of that before...3 groups doing something physical. Physical acts are counter cultural for MN/ND nice. Our rudeness is more of a passive aggressive nature. Not saying we cant be rude just saying it rarely involves outright physical confrontation. If its gunna happen, its a more of a spit in the free popcorn I just gave you verses actually spitting on you.

Hammerhead
12-08-2015, 01:51 AM
The only Griz fans in our section kept to themselves (I don't think they even talked to each other) and didn't have much to cheer about on the field and left early. Another was a student at VCSU who is from Missoula and had about as much fun as someone can when their team is getting spanked -- especially when your girlfriend is cheering for the other team.

TransAmBison
12-08-2015, 03:58 AM
This stuff never happened and you know it. I called you out on here last week for being an idiot and people defended you. They know this crap is made up too. Never heard anything like it ever before and we play big games all the time here in Fargo. Spit and snowballs! Take your BigSky crap talk back to Montana.If Alpha said it happened, that is enough proof for me. You might have "called him out", but it would be because you don't know what is going on. Alpha is a good guy. He just had a little fun on here rather than bowing down to the almighty Bison. The crap that happened to him is unacceptable, and then you turn it around and call him a liar? Sorry bud...but you are in the wrong here.

56BISON73
12-08-2015, 04:47 AM
This stuff never happened and you know it. I called you out on here last week for being an idiot and people defended you. They know this crap is made up too. Never heard anything like it ever before and we play big games all the time here in Fargo. Spit and snowballs! Take your BigSky crap talk back to Montana.

Since I know him personally and only you as an immature student with no credibility Im going to say you are in the wrong again.

Honeybooboo
12-08-2015, 10:18 AM
If it's only happened once in his several visits, then I hope it's isolated and not a trend. I tend to think we have pretty good fans as far as treating opponents nice, but playoffs bring in some non normal "fans" and it can happen

MNLonghorn10
12-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Maybe they heard about what a prick Alpha was on our message board.
If you don't get the bit, why are you taking it so personal? He wasn't a prick at all on the board all week.

Everyone who has met alpha in real life knows his style. Whoever the NDSU fans were that did that shit to him and whoever he was with need to grow the fuck up and treat visiting fans who travel a long ways on a week's notice with way better hospitality. Some people are just destined to suck in life. I or no good NDSU fan can fix that either.

BisonHorns
12-08-2015, 12:36 PM
This guy maybe be normal in person but his online stuff on Egriz and here are out of character then.

Since I know him personally and only you as an immature student with no credibility Im going to say you are in the wrong again.

Anyone else spend all night trying to come up with something snarky? I'll hang up and listen.

TransAmBison
12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
This guy maybe be normal in person but his online stuff on Egriz and here are out of character then.

No, he is funny both online and in person. Do your friends not tease you? Does that make them bad people? Did you expect him to come on Bisonville and bow down?

BisonFan02
12-08-2015, 01:15 PM

Anyone else spend all night trying to come up with something snarky? I'll hang up and listen.

Grow a pair....

bisonp
12-08-2015, 01:32 PM
That sucks that Alpha was treated that way, I suppose there are idiots everywhere. I was around several Griz fans in section 12 and as far as I know they were treated well. All left early though.

EC8CH
12-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Did you expect him to come on Bisonville and bow down?

No... he would have came out looking smarter post game if he had though :D

Bisonville GasMan
12-08-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't know alpha, but I love him for his avatar alone.

Seriously, it is pure bull shit if any of our football guests get treated this way...ever. That type of crap is so Brookings.

HerdBot
12-08-2015, 02:07 PM

If I would have witnessed that, I would have gotten in someones face. Sorry for the asshole fans. Obviously this aint the norm

gizmo
12-08-2015, 02:17 PM
the Bison football team is the classiest bunch in all of college football. It's time for the fans to be the same way.

td577
12-08-2015, 02:40 PM
I like smack talk as much as the next guy but you don't cross lines into becoming physical. I have only been to a few over a 100 Bison games, so I am still a rookie to being a Bison fan in person. I have only seen a handful of altercations with opposing fans and been personally involved in a couple. I haven't been the instigator in any and have been very successful in talking the stupidity down a few notches. So in my limited experiences, I have found when there is an issue, it usually involves people who don't normally go to games. Apparently some think busting your cherry involves getting all sorts of stupid. I prefer to have fun and if the other parties are not having fun, it isn't fun for me. I know when we were having issues with shitbird fans in Frisco last year, we helped them with their smack talk so we could all enjoy the ball busting. They hadn't been to a game in 20 years. We gave them some better material and the discourse became much more fun for everyone.

SDbison
12-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Sad and very disappointed that AG1 got that kind of treatment. He and a few other Griz fans arranged for a bus tour (for Bison fans) around Missoula the day before the game in August. We got a tour of the facilities and WA Griz stadium. Lots of beer and fun. Unbelievable that a Bison fan would spit on another fan especially given the circumstances. I hope AG1 can remember the good times at our tailgate Saturday. Sorry about the garbage you had to put up with after the game. I hope we can get together again soon.

tony
12-08-2015, 03:08 PM
The couple responsible should be banned from the FargoDome for life.

BISON Thunder
12-08-2015, 04:02 PM
If I would have witnessed that, I would have gotten in someones face. Sorry for the asshole fans. Obviously this aint the norm

This here...we as fans need to take ownership in our collective behavior. The Montana fans from last year and our two meetings this year are good examples IMO. Win or lose, they are great fans and take care of their own. Knowing there are always going to be "rookie fans", we should keep an eye out too.

For example, after the loss in Missoula earlier this season. When walking back to our hotel my family was offered numerous handshakes and greetings for making the trip. Yet one drunk Griz "rookie fan" decided to get in my daughter's face and continuously yell/spit, "Who won, who won, who won!" I was just about to get involved when I got a tap on the shoulder from a different Griz fan (about 6'5" and 260) who said he would take care of the situation. Well let's just say my daughter and the rest of our family got a chuckle in watching "Montana justice" first hand.

Like someone else indicated...we have a first class football team with a first class coaching staff. The players and coaches come and go, but the fan base should always lead the way and demonstrate nothing other than class.

EndZoneQB
12-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Damn, AG, that's a travesty. What in the actual f*ck? I know my section never would have let that happen and called security.

I love college football, and sports in general, and the most fun I usually ever have is with opposing fans. Talk a little smack, share some knowledge, and then laugh everything off afterwards.

KilldeerBison
12-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Monday morning QB, AG next time take some pictures and turn them into security/cops. Pretty sure spitting and throwing stuff at you is not just stupid, it's a crime! I'm sorry it happened though, nobody should have to put up with that kind of crap.

BisonHorns
12-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Maybe I am having a hard time believing it because we pride ourselves on welcoming others. I met a Montana couple at Spitfire after the game and they loved the trip and the environment. They had nothing to say but great things about what we have going on in Fargo and the hospitality of the tailgating area. Now lets move on to UNI. I hope their fans are treated with more respect, but that they still leave the dome unhappy.

StL Bison Fan
12-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Maybe I am having a hard time believing it because we pride ourselves on welcoming others. I met a Montana couple at Spitfire after the game and they loved the trip and the environment. They had nothing to say but great things about what we have going on in Fargo and the hospitality of the tailgating area. Now lets move on to UNI. I hope their fans are treated with more respect, but that they still leave the dome unhappy.

I wonder if they will bring their 'wrapped' semi and tailgate across the street?

NDSUSR
12-08-2015, 05:28 PM
I dont doubt it really. With NDSU's success a lot of unsavories have crawled out of the wood work.
AG you really should have pissed on her shoes though.

GreenfieldBison
12-08-2015, 05:37 PM
AG - is it possible they were just out of place Green Bay fans? Down here at the Bank I've seen quite a bit of that kind of behavior from people wearing green and yellow and a big G. Of course to be fair I have seen some the purple colored ones act that way too. I have concluded that collegiate athletic fans are just better behaved in general - even when well anaesthitised.

JMB
12-08-2015, 08:02 PM
This here...we as fans need to take ownership in our collective behavior. The Montana fans from last year and our two meetings this year are good examples IMO. Win or lose, they are great fans and take care of their own. Knowing there are always going to be "rookie fans", we should keep an eye out too.

For example, after the loss in Missoula earlier this season. When walking back to our hotel my family was offered numerous handshakes and greetings for making the trip. Yet one drunk Griz "rookie fan" decided to get in my daughter's face and continuously yell/spit, "Who won, who won, who won!" I was just about to get involved when I got a tap on the shoulder from a different Griz fan (about 6'5" and 260) who said he would take care of the situation. Well let's just say my daughter and the rest of our family got a chuckle in watching "Montana justice" first hand.

Like someone else indicated...we have a first class football team with a first class coaching staff. The players and coaches come and go, but the fan base should always lead the way and demonstrate nothing other than class.

So you are saying the spitting guy got 3-7-77'd? (Couldn't resist)

MAKBison
12-08-2015, 08:10 PM

Montana Justice...Made me chuckle Growing up in MT and all, I know exactly what your talking about

BFKasper14
12-08-2015, 09:50 PM
So you are saying the spitting guy got 3-7-77'd? (Couldn't resist)

I've seen this 3-7-77 before. What is it regarding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFBison
12-08-2015, 09:53 PM
I've seen this 3-7-77 before. What is it regarding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Symbol for the Montana vigilantes

http://www.montanatrooper.com/3-7-77/

JMB
12-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Symbol for the Montana vigilantes

http://www.montanatrooper.com/3-7-77/

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33858-3-7-77

A1pigskin
12-08-2015, 11:22 PM

Unfortunately there are always a few dipshits.

number1bisonfan
12-08-2015, 11:25 PM
We went out of our way to welcome Griz fans, will continue the same for UNI, let's show them some Bison hospitality!