PDA

View Full Version : Montana Post Game Thoughts.

Kevin
12-05-2015, 10:37 PM
1) Payback is a dish best served in the playoffs.
2) Lights out game by the defense. If they keep playing like that five will be easier than we thought.
3) Stick managed the game well. The early TD run was beautiful and set the tone. With a potential UNI rematch on the horizon I have to hope he'll be able to throw to keep us in a game ala Wentz earlier this year.
4) With that being said that deep ball to Legendowski was a thing of beauty too. Too bad he stepped out. I understand why we didn't go back to it (with the lead and all) but I'd of liked to see them try it again.
5) Special teams play continues to impress. It wasn't too many years ago that it was our worst squad. 71 yard punt, 100 yard kick return, a nice punt return as well. 1-3 on fg's and a blocked XP are concerning though.
6) Great game by the coaching staff. They clearly figured out how to rattle their QB and mess up their rhythm.
7) I'm a Portland State Fan tonight.

HerdBoy
12-05-2015, 10:38 PM
DB's played great.

Kevin
12-05-2015, 10:40 PM
If you had told me before the game that we'd be 1-10 in third down conversions on offense I'd of predicted a double digit loss.

ZHerd
12-05-2015, 10:43 PM
If you had told me before the game that we'd be 1-10 in third down conversions on offense I'd of predicted a double digit loss.

Actually 1-14 and Stick only had 66yds passing. Gotta love great D!

Kevin
12-05-2015, 10:47 PM

Wow that's even worse.

The passing yards I kind of expected. Might have looked more respectable had that one bomb been kept in bounds. Either way we're going to need more to stay with UNI again.

Griz5700
12-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Congrats. Bison dominated all day. Impressive team no doubt.

Good luck the rest of the way. Been a fun week. Was just playing.. Tons of respect for your program.

EndZoneQB
12-05-2015, 10:54 PM
The team plays with Stick's swag...bottomline. The kid just has "it". I love Carson as much as the next guy, but holy fucking shit. You just cant teach the swag that Stick brings to this team. Brock Jensen who?

Kevin
12-05-2015, 10:54 PM

Good luck the rest of the way. Been a fun week. Was just playing.. Tons of respect for your program.

Always fun to have someone bring some smack during the week. It's great playing Montana these past few years. I hope we can keep the rivalry going in the years to come.

SC_TX
12-05-2015, 10:57 PM
Montana was absolutely horrendous

ZHerd
12-05-2015, 10:58 PM

Good luck to you guys next year. It was fun having a handful of Griz fans here this week

Bisonwinagn
12-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Great game on defense and couldn't of played much better. Still enough mistakes that need to be cleaned up before next week specifically the 8 penalties, kicking game, and two open TD passes that were missed. Don't expect perfection, but will need to convert those in close games especially the easy one to the RB. Love that this team continues to improve each week.

X-Factor
12-05-2015, 11:03 PM

Just playing......until the very remote off - chance that the grizz win. Sorry bro, we are gonna ride you for a while yet.

Cuz deep down I know the Griz will beat NDSU sometime in the future :cool:

Wally
12-05-2015, 11:09 PM
December > August

civilguy
12-05-2015, 11:14 PM
This ain't preseason! Need your bug boy pants on for the playoffs!

bisonp
12-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Awesome defensive performance...but...their receivers were open all day. Offense only scored 16. That's not going to be good enough going forward.

Zenner = 4

Griz = 6

SC_TX
12-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Montana with on of the worst offensive performances I have ever seen in a big game between two supposedly somewhat evenly matches teams

OatmealWicket92
12-05-2015, 11:31 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/05/4dd2b68045456ea1b23bbd99bf73d7da.jpg

Champ bringing the trash talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OatmealWicket92
12-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Awesome defensive performance...but...their receivers were open all day. Offense only scored 16. That's not going to be good enough going forward.

Zenner = 4

Griz = 6

16 still wins the game by 10

Bison 4 Life
12-05-2015, 11:32 PM
I love it. Fuck that guy, he started the Stitt talk first. He should know better

bisoningrandforks
12-05-2015, 11:33 PM
easy on the other team is terrible and they suck and we are the even better without Carson bullshit some of you!! jeez!!

Bison_Pride
12-05-2015, 11:38 PM
easy on the other team is terrible and they suck and we are the even better without Carson bullshit some of you!! jeez!!

Well....... there was a lot of alcohol consumed today. People start talking out their ass.

Kingslayer
12-05-2015, 11:43 PM
Whoever thinks that were better without Carson is fucken drunk AND high!

Bison 4 Life
12-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Whew. Kudos on the coaching staff for going with the green jerseys.

It might have been 100-0 in the Yellow/Green Helmets.

Kingslayer
12-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Whew. Kudos on the coaching staff for going with the green jerseys.

It might have been 100-0 in the Yellow/Green Helmets.
Bust out the Yellow/Green combo next week?? Possibly last home game.

tony
12-05-2015, 11:50 PM
Defense was pretty stout!

Coach K looked like he wanted to play.

Bisonator98
12-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Defense was outstanding today! Offense was inconsistent, some of the play calling was bad, some of the execution was horrible. Our kick coverage and returns were great. Lecompte was awesome but Cam's FG kicking was awful. Definitely enough to work on and keep the team humble.

One thing that was baffling, why not kneel on it with a minute to play? Those running plays (especially out of bounds) were stupid and bush league IMO. Just fucking kneel on it and run the fucking clock out already.:confused:

KC Bison
12-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Stitt said at half time, they played different defense schemes then we expected......duh, you expected no changes from what we did in game 1?

HerdBot
12-06-2015, 12:01 AM

Our offensive coordinator is definitely better with Easton

daddy daycare
12-06-2015, 12:01 AM
Favorite part was #6 scoring a TD for the Grizz, cocking off to the crowd in the north endzone and then Bruce housing the ensuing kickoff.

Bisonator98
12-06-2015, 12:03 AM

Not IMO. He still calls some shitty plays at times.

THEsocalledfan
12-06-2015, 12:04 AM

Does not often agree with Gabe, but think he is correct on this one. But, for the love of God people, if Wentz can play at 100%, he will play.

bisonp
12-06-2015, 12:05 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/c0/4c/1ec04c414810961b66c5698560814240.jpg

Big Fluffy Bear

HerdBot
12-06-2015, 12:06 AM

Yeah but with Wentz he doesn't run the ball as much and calls a game like we have Payton Manning

wtffootballfan
12-06-2015, 12:08 AM
The Bison are playing better with Stick.

td577
12-06-2015, 12:10 AM

I was never worried about the passing game. Stick had 13 attempts the whole game and completed 7 of them. We had the ball for nearly 41 minutes. 250 rushing yards. There was never really a situation where we had to throw the ball. I think if we got into a position where we needed to throw, there was all sorts of wide open receivers and Stick would have taken them apart in the air, if needed. It got to the point where it didn't even matter if there were 3 and outs as long as we burned over 2 1/2 minutes doing it.

This was a classic Bison game. Do enough in the first half to get a feel for what the other team is doing then adjust and step on their throat. It isn't the Bison's fault it was 21-0 and racked up 182 yards in the first half, mostly on the ground. In the second half it was just pound it and keep the clock moving. The Bison ran the ball 54 times because I think I remember 2 sacks. You run the ball 54 times in a game, a lot of things are going right even if the stat book says you are not converting 3rd downs. Pick 6s and KO 6s take possessions away from your own offense, but that is ok. It just got the Bison back into run mode when they had the ball and chew time. The bottom line is nothing more had to be done and after the first couple of throws, ES was pretty much on target for most of the game with his other 11 attempts. Nothing was forced and when he threw the ball, he threw to an open receiver and had time. I would be worried if they ran so much because the passing game was ineffective, it was because they didn't need it. They gave Montana no way to get back into the game with anything less than some heroic actions.

Bisonator98
12-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Yeah but with Wentz he doesn't run the ball as much and calls a game like we have Payton Manning

We were still 60/40 run/pass. The problem was the oline and RB's.

GOBISON123
12-06-2015, 12:20 AM
This is not about Carson vs Easton, this is what opposing team gave us....this was a game for our Defense, they got a lot of chances to make plays and they did that. We were on top and we were trying to chew the clock and Easton did the right thing which was run the ball and keep Montana offense off the field. This was the right strategy for this game and passing plays were not necessary. We can't do this against UNI next week because they will shutdown our running, we need Easton to throw the ball like Carson

ZHerd
12-06-2015, 12:23 AM
I was never worried about the passing game. Stick had 13 attempts the whole game and completed 7 of them. We had the ball for nearly 41 minutes. 250 rushing yards. There was never really a situation where we had to throw the ball. I think if we got into a position where we needed to throw, there was all sorts of wide open receivers and Stick would have taken them apart in the air, if needed. It got to the point where it didn't even matter if there were 3 and outs as long as we burned over 2 1/2 minutes doing it.

This was a classic Bison game. Do enough in the first half to get a feel for what the other team is doing then adjust and step on their throat. It isn't the Bison's fault it was 21-0 and racked up 182 yards in the first half, mostly on the ground. In the second half it was just pound it and keep the clock moving. The Bison ran the ball 54 times because I think I remember 2 sacks. You run the ball 54 times in a game, a lot of things are going right even if the stat book says you are not converting 3rd downs. Pick 6s and KO 6s take possessions away from your own offense, but that is ok. It just got the Bison back into run mode when they had the ball and chew time. The bottom line is nothing more had to be done and after the first couple of throws, ES was pretty much on target for most of the game with his other 11 attempts. Nothing was forced and when he threw the ball, he threw to an open receiver and had time. I would be worried if they ran so much because the passing game was ineffective, it was because they didn't need it. They gave Montana no way to get back into the game with anything less than some heroic actions.

Agreed on not passing more because we didn't need to. If UNI wins tonight as they should we will likely see more of a passing game next week

td577
12-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Agreed on not passing more because we didn't need to. If UNI wins tonight as they should we will likely see more of a passing game next week

I agree. Montana sold out against the run and still got run over. I don't think we will do that to UNI if they are playing next week. I do think UNI will sell out to stop the run and ES will be ok throwing the ball.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-06-2015, 12:39 AM
1) Payback is a dish best served in the playoffs.
2) Lights out game by the defense. If they keep playing like that five will be easier than we thought.
3) Stick managed the game well. The early TD run was beautiful and set the tone. With a potential UNI rematch on the horizon I have to hope he'll be able to throw to keep us in a game ala Wentz earlier this year.
4) With that being said that deep ball to Legendowski was a thing of beauty too. Too bad he stepped out. I understand why we didn't go back to it (with the lead and all) but I'd of liked to see them try it again.

5) Special teams play continues to impress. It wasn't too many years ago that it was our worst squad. 71 yard punt, 100 yard kick return, a nice punt return as well. 1-3 on fg's and a blocked XP are concerning though.
6) Great game by the coaching staff. They clearly figured out how to rattle their QB and mess up their rhythm.
7) I'm a Portland State Fan tonight.

Yeah, I hope we don't have to tie or win a game with a PAT or a FG.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Good thing the defense showed up today.

JMB
12-06-2015, 12:42 AM

I listened to Stitt's postgame news conference. He basically said we played into what they wanted to do the first game because we threw the ball more. Made it easier to run the play count up.

td577
12-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I hope we don't have to tie or win a game with a PAT or a FG.
First playoff game and he was kicking wide right, not short. I think he will be fine. Just don't leave it to a freshmen kicker to decide a game and it will be better, but I think his performances look better when needed from here on out anyways. He'll get some good practices in this week.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-06-2015, 12:45 AM

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-06-2015, 12:48 AM
First playoff game and he was kicking wide right, not short. I think he will be fine. Just don't leave it to a freshmen kicker to decide a game and it will be better, but I think his performances look better when needed from here on out anyways. He'll get some good practices in this week.

It would be an improvement to just see him miss one to the friggen left.

HerdBot
12-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Our slow team couldn't compete :rofl:
This is where I tell a troll to suck it

KC Bison
12-06-2015, 01:00 AM
One might have thought that the offensive power house from the Big Sky could have managed more than 1.5 Zenners rushing and been on offense more than 19.5 minutes.

EC8CH
12-06-2015, 01:00 AM
Our slow corners caught more TD passes from Gustafson than Montana's fast wide recievers did.

Christopher Moen
12-06-2015, 01:02 AM
It isn't the Bison's fault it was 21-0 and racked up 182 yards in the first half, mostly on the ground.

I don't know man, I totally blame the Bison for being up by 21 points and having 182 yards by the end of the first half.

On a serious note though, does anyone else remember one of the commentators from an earlier game this season talk about how the NDSU coaches have an equation for success in that if they have completions plus rushing attempts over 50, they stand a good chance at winning the game.

KC Bison
12-06-2015, 01:03 AM
We forgot to rush the field again at the end of the game.

Bisonguy
12-06-2015, 01:13 AM
I don't know man, I totally blame the Bison for being up by 21 points and having 182 yards by the end of the first half.

On a serious note though, does anyone else remember one of the commentators from an earlier game this season talk about how the NDSU coaches have an equation for success in that if they have completions plus rushing attempts over 50, they stand a good chance at winning the game.

LT mentioned that during the pre-game show , but believe he said the number was 52.

GOBISON123
12-06-2015, 01:14 AM
Our slow corners caught more TD passes from Gustafson than Montana's fast wide recievers did.

That team is so predictable....they will not run , just throw throw throw to the wideouts near the sidelines....CJ playing at 100% was such a game changer

HandoEX
12-06-2015, 01:27 AM
We've got a pretty good team with a really high ceiling. The defense showed up bigtime today and our running game was on fire. The crowd brought it today and I think that really helped too. UNI and PSU are both really good teams capable of beating the Bison so we'll have to duplicate today's effort next weekend.

Ndsu84
12-06-2015, 01:50 AM
Speaking of ceilings...:) what is the rule if a punt ever hit the rafters? There were some fricking high ones today!

td577
12-06-2015, 02:02 AM
Speaking of ceilings...:) what is the rule if a punt ever hit the rafters? There were some fricking high ones today!
Ground rule double?

SDbison
12-06-2015, 02:04 AM
We've got a pretty good team with a really high ceiling. The defense showed up bigtime today and our running game was on fire. The crowd brought it today and I think that really helped too. UNI and PSU are both really good teams capable of beating the Bison so we'll have to duplicate today's effort next weekend. This exactly

bisonp
12-06-2015, 02:06 AM
Ground rule double?

Those were the highest I remember seeing in person at the Fargodome. I noticed he did that practicing at halftime. Thinking those would have hit at the tin shed up north.

And how about that 71 yarder by Lecompte?

Crazy to think we not only have 2 better QBs than the Gophers, we also have a better punter than the Vikings. And last year, a better kicker. Life is good.

X-Factor
12-06-2015, 02:07 AM
They looked close, but i bet they were a good bit away from actually touching. I doubt it could actually happen in a live game.

1998braves64
12-06-2015, 02:08 AM
I was impressed with Montana's run defense seeming to hold up fairly well into the 4th qtr even. There were not many big rushes by NDSU. We consistently gained positive yardage. Our offense would have only needed the first TD by Stick to win but thank goodness it didn't come to that. It was nice to see the D step it up big today. Regardless of how much we made and will make fun of it Gustafson with those receivers were a dangerous foe to face if they'd ever got into a rhythm. I was surprised at how many 3 and outs we turned out today. MT only ran 62 plays. The lowest total of the year.

I hope Stick can find some touch on his passes so that he has the ability to use the pass when needed. The pass to RJ on the sideline was a great pass though so I think the ability is there, just needs a bit of refinement. I liked the idea of pounding them with the ball even in 19 1/2 mins Montana got off 62 plays running the running plays as much as possible kept them from running any more. It showed that they learned their lesson limit their chances the less opportunity they will have to score on a big pass play.

Looking forward to cheering on Portland State so we can see someone different!

NovaBison
12-06-2015, 02:09 AM
Montana Coach and Players Press Conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLOMmpUsDQk

1998braves64
12-06-2015, 02:11 AM

I don't know if you could some of those punts were extremely high and they were still a good 15-20 some feet from hitting, that last 20-30 feet would be hard to get it to go that much farther when they're already putting that much leg into it. But everyone said hitting the metrodome roof was impossible too and someone hit one THRU the roof.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 02:21 AM
D disguising their coverages
crowd noise was Fing the Oline up
D was getting off on the snap
.................................................. .........had BG seeing ghost all day long
Young Guns had a big day!
Stitts biggest game is loss ( thats for talking shit in the press)

BisManBison
12-06-2015, 02:23 AM
Tackling!! That was one of the best games the D had when it came to making tackles. I only recall one missed and it just so happen to be on Montana's TD drive.

tony
12-06-2015, 02:23 AM
Ben LeCompte = Best Punter In College Football.

Ndsu84
12-06-2015, 02:24 AM
Yes, tackling was so much better. I'm so proud of our team when they play Bison Tough.

1998braves64
12-06-2015, 02:27 AM
Agreed on tackling it seemed they were making an effort to wrap up. I can't believe coaches don't hammer this into their heads by showing tape of this game showing how effective it can be to limiting long plays.

IBleedYellow
12-06-2015, 02:43 AM
Yes, tackling was so much better. I'm so proud of our team when they play Bison Tough.

I commented to my buddy that the tackles we made today were the tackles that we missed 99% of the time in August. Also, they never should have been attempting to run it against us. It literally was free plays for us when they would do it.

Bison4x
12-06-2015, 02:58 AM
Part of the kicking issues today were a result of bad snaps. Darius Shepherd needs to see the field more, it always seems like he gets good separation and finds an opening. BA is the best back we have and should get more carries. The formations with Moody as the single WR need to be thrown out - what the hell do you think we're going to do, it gives away the run every time. It was nice to see MJ have a good game. I think the secondary gained a lot of confidence today - Dempsey, Allison, CJ and Grimsley all played well. The remaining teams do not have good throwing QB's so keeping the pressure from the front 4 and getting our LB's into the right fits will be key to moving on. Brady Gustafson absolutely shit his pants over and over again. Stitt is a tool.

Ndsu84
12-06-2015, 03:00 AM
Part of the kicking issues today were a result of bad snaps. Darius Shepherd needs to see the field more, it always seems like he gets good separation and finds an opening. BA is the best back we have and should get more carries. The formations with Moody as the single WR need to be thrown out - what the hell do you think we're going to do, it gives away the run every time. It was nice to see MJ have a good game. I think the secondary gained a lot of confidence today - Dempsey, Allison, CJ and Grimsley all played well. The remaining teams do not have good throwing QB's so keeping the pressure from the front 4 and getting our LB's into the right fits will be key to moving on. Brady Gustafson absolutely shit his pants over and over again. Stitt is a tool.

Right on the money. This^^^^

Edit to add...although Stitt did point out that our offensive coordinator f----d the game away in August with the stupid passing calls.

IBleedYellow
12-06-2015, 03:06 AM
I love when QB's say the crowd didn't effect them at all in the postgame.

We watched you false start and not play well...keep telling yourselves it didn't effect you.

ndsubison1
12-06-2015, 03:10 AM
But but but Griz run defense played Cal-Poly!

td577
12-06-2015, 03:25 AM
I love when QB's say the crowd didn't effect them at all in the postgame.

We watched you false start and not play well...keep telling yourselves it didn't effect you.

Watching that press conference, it is one thing to take responsibility but it sure sounded like they beat themselves. This is why I love Coach K and the Bison program. They won't and wouldn't sit there and talk only about how they did things to lose the game, they would give the other team credit for kicking their asses. After the Montana loss, Coach K said the Bison program made some mistakes but Montana outplayed and out executed them until the final second ticked off and the Bison got beat. They didn't just lose, they got beat. After the USD game, same thing. Coach K talked about how the Bison got beat. The griz program is represented by coaches and players who talk about losing the game, not getting beat. This is the difference between a championship program and pretenders. The griz didn't just lose, they got beat. Losing is the excuse you give yourself when you can't admit your opponent has put you in your place. I hope the Bison program is never like that because little is learned, you just keep making excuses.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 03:28 AM
Stitt showed his ass all week. disrespecting Stick etc etc. UM is good for at least 3 PF every game that is i direct reflection of their coach. I forgot to look did he even bother to shake CK's hand this time?

BisManBison
12-06-2015, 03:30 AM
Stitt showed his ass all week. disrespecting Stick etc etc. UM is good for at least 3 PF every game that is i direct reflection of their coach. I forgot to look did he even bother to shake CK's hand this time?

Yes, they had what appeared to be a pretty good, friendly exchange after the game.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 03:34 AM
Yes, they had what appeared to be a pretty good, friendly exchange after the game.

you mean CK was not jumping around like he just won the Superbowl...HUH youwoulda thought

EndZoneQB
12-06-2015, 03:41 AM

JFC, NDSU fans need thicker skin. Stitt was not disrespecting Stick FFS. All he said was that he doesn't have the advantage of a deep playoff run as it is his first year starting.

Bison 4 Life
12-06-2015, 03:42 AM
Stitt has a bit of dickishness about him. That's pretty obvious.

BisManBison
12-06-2015, 03:49 AM
you mean CK was not jumping around like he just won the Superbowl...HUH youwoulda thought

No, oddly he behaved as if he had been there and done that before.

KilldeerBison
12-06-2015, 03:50 AM
The Bison kicked the shit out of the "much improved" Griz.

1998braves64
12-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Hope UNI and ISUr show the same improvement that Montana did...

BisonNeil
12-06-2015, 04:00 AM

Your coach is a dick. He was an inspiration to the Bison team with his disrespect. I think it is bleeding over to your fans. At the half I was walking around the stadium and in the MT area I overheard 5-6 Griz fans talking and one said "Stitt is a master at halftime adjustments and we will bury these assholes in the second half". Unfuckingbelievable!

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 04:03 AM
JFC, NDSU fans need thicker skin. Stitt was not disrespecting Stick FFS. All he said was that he doesn't have the advantage of a deep playoff run as it is his first year starting.

I call bullshit!

"We know we can play with 'em. ... We proved we could. I think we're a better football team now than we were Week 1," Stitt said, pausing as a grin crept across his face. ......their quarterback has no advantage," Stitt said. "Just through my experience, your team goes through your quarterback. It'll be interesting to see how he handles his first playoff game against a team that most of them have heard about for a long time."

If he was doing what you said he would of not of went on to say ......."against a team that most of them have heard about for a long time." What was that all about? Cause it sure does not sound like some logical rational of players not having playoff experience bla bla bla. It kinda sounds to me like a coach talking shit. We will see how the frosh handles the storied grizz. I put stitt out there with Farley and the cat man .....they all seem like Douche bags

Hail bison
12-06-2015, 04:16 AM
I call bullshit!

"We know we can play with 'em. ... We proved we could. I think we're a better football team now than we were Week 1," Stitt said, pausing as a grin crept across his face. ......their quarterback has no advantage," Stitt said. "Just through my experience, your team goes through your quarterback. It'll be interesting to see how he handles his first playoff game against a team that most of them have heard about for a long time."

If he was doing what you said he would of not of went on to say ......."against a team that most of them have heard about for a long time." What was that all about? Cause it sure does not sound like some logical rational of players not having playoff experience bla bla bla. It kinda sounds to me like a coach talking shit. We will see how the frosh handles the storied grizz. Douche bag
^^^^^ excellent post. It's basketball season now end zone

BisonNeil
12-06-2015, 04:17 AM

Oh my fucking asshole! Bison didn't do anything the Griz just didn't play well. Wow. Unbelievable. That mindset will guarantee future failure.

BisonNeil
12-06-2015, 04:19 AM
Watching that press conference, it is one thing to take responsibility but it sure sounded like they beat themselves. This is why I love Coach K and the Bison program. They won't and wouldn't sit there and talk only about how they did things to lose the game, they would give the other team credit for kicking their asses. After the Montana loss, Coach K said the Bison program made some mistakes but Montana outplayed and out executed them until the final second ticked off and the Bison got beat. They didn't just lose, they got beat. After the USD game, same thing. Coach K talked about how the Bison got beat. The griz program is represented by coaches and players who talk about losing the game, not getting beat. This is the difference between a championship program and pretenders. The griz didn't just lose, they got beat. Losing is the excuse you give yourself when you can't admit your opponent has put you in your place. I hope the Bison program is never like that because little is learned, you just keep making excuses.

This right here.

EndZoneQB
12-06-2015, 04:35 AM
I call bullshit!

If he was doing what you said he would of not of went on to say ......."against a team that most of them have heard about for a long time." What was that all about? Cause it sure does not sound like some logical rational of players not having playoff experience bla bla bla. It kinda sounds to me like a coach talking shit. We will see how the frosh handles the storied grizz. I put stitt out there with Farley and the cat man .....they all seem like Douche bags

Or means they have been hearing about them since August...but you know whatever fits your rhetoric.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Or means they have been hearing about them since August...but you know whatever fits your rhetoric.

Tooo funny! Dude you are just wrong. Its ok, I am wrong all the time, but not on this one. Even if he was talking about August and he's not, it still does not change the meaning of the statement. The fact is the Stitt was talking trash about a player.

ndsubison1
12-06-2015, 04:47 AM

Hes kinda a db

GOBISON123
12-06-2015, 05:47 AM
Hes kinda a db

I thought he played RB in college.

BYZEN
12-06-2015, 06:15 AM

4:38 Goofstafsoon brings up cowbell, I never heard any cowbell in the dome.:facepalm::facepalm: WTF is he talking about, SDSU was last weekend...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/-marhari-/MoreCowbell.jpg

ndsubison1
12-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Pretty sure the cowbell was from the Montana section

onbison09
12-06-2015, 06:23 AM
Amen. Jesus people have an inferiority complex around here sometimes. What's he supposed to say in the press conference? "We might as well not even show up because we don't have a chance!"

onbison09
12-06-2015, 06:25 AM
I call bullshit!

So every coach and fan of the opposing teams are supposed to surrender? Gotcha.

tjbison
12-06-2015, 07:30 AM
NDSU did exactly what they had to do....Montana nope

NorthernBison
12-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Tooo funny! Dude you are just wrong. Its ok, I am wrong all the time, but not on this one. Even if he was talking about August and he's not, it still does not change the meaning of the statement. The fact is the Stitt was talking trash about a player.

What really matters is what our players thought. Their post game comments indicate they took Stitts to be dissing them.

End result? They CRUSHED the Griz and embarrassed them. Total beat down. Excellent.

Stitts is no coaching genius.

Bison"FANatic"
12-06-2015, 12:23 PM
He is still salty,

GRIZ1952 from egrizz
*"They are not legit, there is enough smoke with this scumbag program to open NCAA investigation.

They fly under the radar as a cow college in Fargo.

Beauty is most of their fans are fag faced sneering smarmy wannabe men thinking they are untouchable.

They are cowardly f*** plain and simple, yes it is personal with me

Be patient these slimy snakes are going down and going down hard".

Bison 4 Life
12-06-2015, 01:02 PM
He is still salty,

GRIZ1952 from egrizz
*"They are not legit, there is enough smoke with this scumbag program to open NCAA investigation.

Beauty is most of their fans are fag faced sneering smarmy wannabe men thinking they are untouchable.

Oh man, that kind of craziness can only hide out in Montana. How many FBI watch lists do you think he's on? I'll bet you get on one just living in Montana.

Mr Meaty
12-06-2015, 01:04 PM
We are just better than Montana. Period!!!

GreenfieldBison
12-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Montana was absolutely horrendous

Sure - but they had a lot of help from the Bison.

tjamz
12-06-2015, 01:10 PM
4:38 Goofstafsoon brings up cowbell, I never heard any cowbell in the dome.:facepalm::facepalm: WTF is he talking about, SDSU was last weekend...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/-marhari-/MoreCowbell.jpg
There I there was a lady next to me that used a cowbell a couple times.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
12-06-2015, 01:11 PM
He is still salty,

GRIZ1952 from egrizz

I swear with all his hatred towards the Bison, he must believe someone from NDSU stole his imaginary girlfriend.

NovaBison
12-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Oh my fucking asshole! Bison didn't do anything the Griz just didn't play well. Wow. Unbelievable. That mindset will guarantee future failure.

Neil, that is exactly what I thought! Failure can have 2 potential outcomes:

1. You can recognize what you did wrong, make changes... and get better!
2. Continue banging your head against the wall!

The Griz apparently are choosing #2... and have zero chance of hoisting another banner!

td577
12-06-2015, 01:19 PM
He is still salty,

GRIZ1952 from egrizz

I have heard talk like this before. What do they think we are doing here? I am not sure where this stuff comes from.

Hammersmith
12-06-2015, 01:26 PM
I have heard talk like this before. What do they think we are doing here? I am not sure where this stuff comes from.

Mental health issue.

No purple at all in this case, just a strong opinion/suspicion.

ByeSonBusiness
12-06-2015, 01:34 PM

I think you read wayyyy too deep into it dude.

HerdBot
12-06-2015, 01:46 PM
He is still salty,

GRIZ1952 from egrizz

As he puts the slice of pizza in his wallet
https://media2.giphy.com/media/5oL2CVYUgODeg/200_s.gif

BisonHorns
12-06-2015, 02:02 PM
I didn't hear a cowbell the whole game. The crowd was back! During Montana's first two series the sound was extreme. When Gustofson was trying to signal his receivers the changes in the plays I could see his pupils vibrating from the sound. I also noticed someone at the bottom of the pile must have spilled a drink on his lap after his first sack.

X-Factor
12-06-2015, 02:09 PM
I didn't hear a cowbell the whole game. The crowd was back! During Montana's first two series the sound was extreme. When Gustofson was trying to signal his receivers the changes in the plays I could see his pupils vibrating from the sound. I also noticed someone at the bottom of the pile must have spilled a drink on his lap after his first sack.
Possibly this kind of drink? http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/azbtwzf0nviodhlcclk9.jpg

MNLonghorn10
12-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Grizz 1952 ftw. I wish i knew who he was...Id make a special trip out to Missoula to piss on his grave when he dies in a year or two of old age.

Thunder_Struck
12-06-2015, 02:17 PM
You could maybe say the crowd noise didn't effect UM's execution of their plays, but I thought it no doubt took them longer to get the plays off. Often times the play clock was near or below 10. I don't think that was their plan.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
12-06-2015, 02:22 PM
I didnt see anything that resembled to me a hurry up offense...maybe because they were getting their shit pushed in with no lube.

I thought Stitt was a believer in going for it on 4th down? Didnt see that at all yesterday, and for half of the game in August...you mean this doesn't work with better players than D2? Im glad NDSU doesn't have to resort to hiring from such pud schools.

td577
12-06-2015, 02:26 PM
I think you read wayyyy too deep into it dude.

Tell me there isn't a difference in the way the programs are represented:

Postgame NDSU after Montana loss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5zU-sP77o

56BISON73
12-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Grizz 1952 ftw. I wish i knew who he was...Id make a special trip out to Missoula to piss on his grave when he dies in a year or two of old age.

He lives in fargo.

ndsubison1
12-06-2015, 02:57 PM
He is still salty,

GRIZ1952 from egrizz

I saw a group of old Grizz fans at tailgating, was wondering if he was one of them lol

ndsubison1
12-06-2015, 02:59 PM
I didnt see anything that resembled to me a hurry up offense...maybe because they were getting their shit pushed in with no lube.

I thought Stitt was a believer in going for it on 4th down? Didnt see that at all yesterday, and for half of the game in August...you mean this doesn't work with better players than D2? Im glad NDSU doesn't have to resort to hiring from such pud schools.

We forces then into a lot of 4th and long/mediums

ByeSonBusiness
12-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Tell me there isn't a difference in the way the programs are represented:

Postgame NDSU after Montana loss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5zU-sP77o

Yeah they speak differently. I recall Mr. Nick Saban kinda being a whiny bitch after Oklahoma beat them in a bowl game a couple years back... Talking about how they basically didn't even want to be there because it wasn't the National Championship or something.

It's a post game press conference. No need to psycho analyze it. I don't think what he says "we lost" or "congrats to them. They beat us" is really going to say "Wow! Championship program there!" or "Wow! Those guys are never going to win."

sambini
12-06-2015, 03:25 PM
I thought MJ Stumpf played his best game as a Bison. Keep it going.

OrygunBison
12-06-2015, 03:27 PM
I saw a group of old Grizz fans at tailgating, was wondering if he was one of them lol

He was the twitchy one mumbling something about protoplasm.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 04:32 PM
So every coach and fan of the opposing teams are supposed to surrender? Gotcha.
Nope,but since you missed the point, I will spell it out for you.

The post is about a coach trash talking a player. If you think that a coach talking down to another team's players is gamesmanship then well, their something seriously wrong with your perceptions of college sports. Talking shit about opposing teams QB...Shoot, Bo P. and Farley dont even do that.

BTW...there is a reason Bison players specifically called out Stitt after the game and JJ made it a point to say Humbled Stitt in the coaches show.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 04:36 PM

The post is about a coach trash talking a player. If you think that a coach talking down to another team's players is gamesmanship then well, their something seriously wrong with your perceptions of college sports. Talking shit about opposing teams QB...Shoot, Bo P. and Farley dont even do that.

BTW...there is a reason Bison players specifically called out Stitt after the game and JJ made it a point to say Humbled Stitt in the coaches show.

BTW message to Coach Stitt. ET handed his first playoff game pretty well. By the look of all the shit running dowen your leg, I would you (Stitt) did not handle it as well.

1st&TennBison
12-06-2015, 04:38 PM

Zenner = 4

Griz = 6
Two pick sixes and a kickoff return TD gave the Bison three less offensive series so 16 points by the offense with a foot off the gas approach in the forth seems to be pretty good to me.

StL Bison Fan
12-06-2015, 04:48 PM

I was surprised they showed part of the after game press conference. And Coach K had a sheepish little grin when they cut back. Big guy talking trash about a teenager.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 04:50 PM
I was surprised they showed part of the after game press conference. And Coach K had a sheepish little grin when they cut back. Big guy talking trash about a teenager.

Just to be fair MT fans are not very happy with Stitt either......not ready to be a HC!

westnodak93bison
12-06-2015, 04:50 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/05/4dd2b68045456ea1b23bbd99bf73d7da.jpg

Champ bringing the trash talk!

I don't like this kind of stuff. It should be left to the fans

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 04:54 PM
I don't like this kind of stuff. It should be left to the fans

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DOnt disagree, but when you have a head coach (UM Stitt) calling out your teammates....well, its hard to blame a kid! I am sure CK will address it and he should.

Bison bison
12-06-2015, 04:55 PM
I agree to a point.

Stitt is an ass. He called out players on another team. He can go..........

Of course, the better lesson is to teach Champ about the power he has over Stitt when his team and coaching gets embarrassed and you DON'T say anything.

1st&TennBison
12-06-2015, 04:57 PM
People will say crowd noise has nothing to do with it. The center for the Griz had to make his snaps to the QB based on being tapped by the right guard. So every play around 1 second after being tapped the center would snap it. All the defense had to do (and I am sure they were aware of it) was wait for the tap and a second later it was going to be snapped. Info like that made it so the D-line could get to the QB as well as they did. So the noise does make a difference, sure, Montana was able to snap it without any issues, but our defense was able to know when the snap was going to happen every time because of it.

BisonFanAnn
12-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Speaking of press conferences - our players do such a nice job. Always giving credit to the rest of the team, showing respect to the opponents. Easton is as confident and poised in front of the camera as he is on the field.

Bison bison
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Easton is as confident and poised in front of the camera as he is on the field.

Sounds like you got a real bromance brewing there, BisonFanAnn. Err, never mind.

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 05:05 PM
People will say crowd noise has nothing to do with it. The center for the Griz had to make his snaps to the QB based on being tapped by the right guard. So every play around 1 second after being tapped the center would snap it. All the defense had to do (and I am sure they were aware of it) was wait for the tap and a second later it was going to be snapped. Info like that made it so the D-line could get to the QB as well as they did. So the noise does make a difference, sure, Montana was able to snap it without any issues, but our defense was able to know when the snap was going to happen every time because of it.

SU's post Game Schatz speaks exactly to this issue....says it huge!

MAKBison
12-06-2015, 05:08 PM
I agree to a point.

Of course, the better lesson is to teach Champ about the power he has over Stitt when his team and coaching gets embarrassed and you DON'T say anything.

For sure, Champ will get talked to and I am sure learn his lesson. Will MT's AD talk to Stitt and will he learn his?

GFBison
12-06-2015, 05:10 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06/671d74efaa65813636ecb0cbb6cd157e.jpg

71 can't hear and he is two feet away. Maybe a good caption this photo?

GFBison
12-06-2015, 05:28 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/06/70d966a1919b9a0226d0367d2089f682.jpg

BisonTru
12-06-2015, 05:44 PM

Brady: Hey guys, I'm getting really tired of getting hit.

#71: Did he say screen, pretty sure I heard screen.

Bison bison
12-06-2015, 05:49 PM

Gustafson: 46 power on ass tap.

71: Suzie is going to play at Tommy's house after school. Got it.

BFKasper14
12-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Speaking of press conferences - our players do such a nice job. Always giving credit to the rest of the team, showing respect to the opponents. Easton is as confident and poised in front of the camera as he is on the field.

This x 100

Mr Meaty
12-06-2015, 06:00 PM

I want to hit him on the ass for the snap why does he get to do it all the time.

DuckDuckGriz
12-06-2015, 06:52 PM
GG.

We're all pumped due to the fact that none of us expected the playoffs this year, at least after October.

Good luck against UNI!

BisonNeil
12-06-2015, 07:14 PM
If this has been talked about already I apologize, but who did the color commentary on ESPN3 yesterday? I had a few friends text me that all he could talk about was how great Montana was all during the game and said little about the Bison. All they knew is he was a black guy so I am guessing Jay Walker because he is a well known Bison hater. Anybody know?

EC8CH
12-06-2015, 07:15 PM
If this has been talked about already I apologize, but who did the color commentary on ESPN3 yesterday? I had a few friends text me that all he could talk about was how great Montana was all during the game and said little about the Bison. All they knew is he was a black guy so I am guessing Jay Walker because he is a well known Bison hater. Anybody know?

Not Jay Walker, but equally as clueless.

VERY happy Anish will be coming to Fargo Next Saturday.

bisonaudit
12-06-2015, 07:21 PM

I don't know if he was bias. I just don't think he was very good. I thought he was stepping all over the play-by-play guy. Most color guys don't add much, so the less they talk the better.

DM05
12-06-2015, 07:38 PM
It was not Jay Walker, thank god. His name is Jay Taylor, and apparently he played DE in the NFL. Didn't think he was terribly biased, but he talked way too much considering his lack of knowledge about FCS. Mispronounced names left and right, misquoted stats, really made me believe that he doesn't know how the playoff system works. Lots of times he ended a thought without making much sense. That said, he was better than Walker, and was better than the guy doing the UNI/PSU game.

ThunderDan
12-06-2015, 09:18 PM
I thought MJ Stumpf looked like a beast yesterday. Not sure if Montana was slow coming out of the backfield, or if MJ has always had speed, just never showed it. Hopefully he can step it up like that through the rest of the playoffs.....and he and DeLuca are back next year too...that is a very comfortable feeling.

Rock
12-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Champ should stay off social media, but I think it was him with a shoestring tackle where he didn't give up on a guy that was a prime example of the team tackling, wrapping better and having the pride to not give up on any tackles.

Very improved.

Bisonwinagn
12-06-2015, 10:12 PM
It was not Jay Walker, thank god. His name is Jay Taylor, and apparently he played DE in the NFL. Didn't think he was terribly biased, but he talked way too much considering his lack of knowledge about FCS. Mispronounced names left and right, misquoted stats, really made me believe that he doesn't know how the playoff system works. Lots of times he ended a thought without making much sense. That said, he was better than Walker, and was better than the guy doing the UNI/PSU game.

All of this is accurate...and also he mentioned about 57 players who will be playing in the NFL. Apparently these teams are loaded.

Bison_Pride
12-07-2015, 12:53 AM
I didn't think he was biased towards Montana at all. If anything, they talked about NDSU more. People will hear what they want to hear though, I guess. I agree he talked a lot and made everyone out to be future NFL players. Not the most polished guy, but hey, he's a color guy for ESPN 3, who cares?

MAKBison
12-07-2015, 01:04 AM
I agree to a point.

MMcF's take on Stit...

Montana coach Bob Stitt is a little different cat. He’s an extremely confident guy, that was obvious back in August when the Griz beat the Bison in Missoula, but his postgame press conference Saturday evening reeked of an absolute stubbornness to acknowledge NDSU’s obvious defensive improvement throughout the year or the Bison’s game-planning that utterly befuddled Griz QB Brady Gustafson and the Montana offense. I understand that you don’t want to kiss your opponents’ rear ends and pump them up too much, but Stitt almost seemed delusional. He kept referring to the game “snowballing” on the Griz and when I straightforward asked whether he thought the Bison defense had improved since August (which it markedly has) Stitt said, “Well, it’s the same guys.” He had also said in some remarks earlier in the week that the Bison were “the same, exact team” but that HIS team had improved markedly. If a coach watched film of the Griz’s victory over Montana on Aug. 29 and then watched film of the Bison’s final three or four regular-season games, there’s no way you could see the same defense. It’s almost, oddly, like Stitt viewed the victory in August as some sort of lasting moment whereas Bison coach Chris Klieman had told everybody all year that his defense was going to struggle early in the season and be better by the end of the season. Klieman has been spot-on. That’s why this quote from Klieman was so telling: “You don’t win national championships in August. You win the suckers in December.” - See more at: http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2015/12/06/hard-to-imagine-ndsu-illinois-state-or-northern-iowa-not-being-national-champ/#sthash.q2G7IncL.dpuf

gumby013
12-07-2015, 01:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymiREymZT0

bandit218
12-07-2015, 01:55 AM
Well Stitt was right. A team does go through their QB. Easton was solid and GusGus was, well...

tjbison
12-07-2015, 02:13 AM
Gustafson folded just as suspected with any pressure, he absolutely sucks if you put a hand within 4 feet of him

td577
12-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Gustafson folded just as suspected with any pressure, he absolutely sucks if you put a hand within 4 feet of him
Not just pressure, but his accuracy gets so bad when he moves, they don't even try to roll him out to buy time. He doesn't even qb sneak when they need the length of a football. I was very shocked at how stubborn they are with his style of play no matter how bad things are getting.

Kevin
12-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Not just pressure, but his accuracy gets so bad when he moves, they don't even try to roll him out to buy time. He doesn't even qb sneak when they need the length of a football. I was very shocked at how stubborn they are with his style of play no matter how bad things are getting.

I noticed that they refused to adapt when the ship was sinking too. Pure arrogance. They clearly thought their Stitt didn't stink.

Bisonville GasMan
12-07-2015, 02:49 AM
I noticed that they refused to adapt when the ship was sinking too. Pure arrogance. They clearly thought their Stitt didn't stink.

I don't know it its arrogance....I honestly don't think they had anything to turn to. All they could do was throw the ball up and hope for big plays. No offensive strategy there...just playing on hopes and dreams.

IBleedYellow
12-07-2015, 03:10 AM
I don't know it its arrogance....I honestly don't think they had anything to turn to. All they could do was throw the ball up and hope for big plays. No offensive strategy there...just playing on hopes and dreams.

Bingo.

If the longballs or short and runs aren't working they are dead.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

JMB
12-07-2015, 03:12 AM

There offense is setup to throw quick. Their QB knows where he is going with the ball before he snaps it. That is the benefit of their tempo, it keeps defenses vanilla. It's what we did most of the year against no huddle teams ourselves. Yesterday, we disguised our defenses and moved around. That did two things. First was the orginal read (which may have cams from the sidelines anyways) didn't work. The QB had to hold it longer and make a read. Secondly, it slowed down their snaps as they needed to wait to see what defense we were going to run.

td577
12-07-2015, 03:18 AM
There offense is setup to throw quick. Their QB knows where he is going with the ball before he snaps it. That is the benefit of their tempo, it keeps defenses vanilla. It's what we did most of the year against no huddle teams ourselves. Yesterday, we disguised our defenses and moved around. That did two things. First was the orginal read (which may have cams from the sidelines anyways) didn't work. The QB had to hold it longer and make a read. Secondly, it slowed down their snaps as they needed to wait to see what defense we were going to run.
No doubt. I was just surprised they had no contengencies like an occasional rollout to buy a moment and run some comebacks. It really got to the point where it didn't even matter if we interfered on every play, just don't let them complete anything over 15 yards.

MNLonghorn10
12-07-2015, 03:19 AM
Noticed that as well...great point. Sure made the DLs job easier to tee off with that tell...I kept waiting for Montana to bluff and see if ndsu would jump to keep them honest. Nope

td577
12-07-2015, 03:33 AM
Like MAK said, Shaetz referred to this in the post game interview they were keying in on the tap and getting a killer jump. He did say they changed it up a couple of times but it was screwing the offense up to change so it was pretty much the same the whole game. I can't imagine the effect of nullifying the o-lines typical advantage having on their morale during the game.

1998braves64
12-07-2015, 03:37 AM
One of the Dline said post game that they switched the snap deal up a few times, guess I didn't know of any major changes throughout the game. Think for Montana they just conceded that. Can't believe they didn't have some sort of variance to mess with us but not sure how you'd do that with the methods they were using. Think GSU used same method.

Nobody has mentioned it, my brother pointed out out to me at the game but wasn't sure if it was an official 100 yard return. But NDSU Bruce Anderson will be in the record books with his KO TD return. They currently only list one person with a 100 yard return. Seems there should be more than that?
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Bison 4 Life
12-07-2015, 03:40 AM
One of the Dline said post game that they switched the snap deal up a few times, guess I didn't know of any major changes throughout the game. Think for Montana they just conceded that. Can't believe they didn't have some sort of variance to mess with us but not sure how you'd do that with the methods they were using. Think GSU used same method.

Nobody has mentioned it, my brother pointed out out to me at the game but wasn't sure if it was an official 100 yard return. But NDSU Bruce Anderson will be in the record books with his KO TD return. They currently only list one person with a 100 yard return. Seems there should be more than that?
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

I overheard someone in the press box over the ESPN guys, it said 100 yd return a new NDSU record. Don't know if that was an official statistician or not.

Christopher Moen
12-07-2015, 06:54 AM
MMcF's take on Stit...

Montana coach Bob Stitt is a little different cat. He’s an extremely confident guy, that was obvious back in August when the Griz beat the Bison in Missoula, but his postgame press conference Saturday evening reeked of an absolute stubbornness to acknowledge NDSU’s obvious defensive improvement throughout the year or the Bison’s game-planning that utterly befuddled Griz QB Brady Gustafson and the Montana offense. I understand that you don’t want to kiss your opponents’ rear ends and pump them up too much, but Stitt almost seemed delusional. He kept referring to the game “snowballing” on the Griz and when I straightforward asked whether he thought the Bison defense had improved since August (which it markedly has) Stitt said, “Well, it’s the same guys.” He had also said in some remarks earlier in the week that the Bison were “the same, exact team” but that HIS team had improved markedly. If a coach watched film of the Griz’s victory over Montana on Aug. 29 and then watched film of the Bison’s final three or four regular-season games, there’s no way you could see the same defense. It’s almost, oddly, like Stitt viewed the victory in August as some sort of lasting moment whereas Bison coach Chris Klieman had told everybody all year that his defense was going to struggle early in the season and be better by the end of the season. Klieman has been spot-on. That’s why this quote from Klieman was so telling: “You don’t win national championships in August. You win the suckers in December.” - See more at: http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2015/12/06/hard-to-imagine-ndsu-illinois-state-or-northern-iowa-not-being-national-champ/#sthash.q2G7IncL.dpuf

Is proofreading not used anymore for journalists?

BYZEN
12-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Is proofreading not used anymore for journalists?

That's a funny one right there!:rofl::rofl:

EC8CH
12-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Seemed like multiple times Dunn and Bruce Anderson were able to get to the edge against an unblocked defender who misjudged the angle to cut them off.

Wonder if the 4 back rotation is bearing some fruit? Seemed like the Montana players at least had difficulty adjusting to the different running styles of the Bison running backs.

Mr Meaty
12-07-2015, 01:20 PM
We need for Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!! Dunn, Morlock and Fraizer will give him the breather he needs. Pound the rock baby.

td577
12-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Seemed like multiple times Dunn and Bruce Anderson were able to get to the edge against an unblocked defender who misjudged the angle to cut them off.

Wonder if the 4 back rotation is bearing some fruit? Seemed like the Montana players at least had difficulty adjusting to the different running styles of the Bison running backs.

Not only the rotation, but I liked the the 3 back set. Montana was all sorts of confused about where to go and they were selling out against the run. When their MLB started staying home to cover the QB, we had mismatches on the edge.

BisonNation11
12-07-2015, 01:52 PM
The Delta formation (I believe that's what we call it) worked brilliantly. Can't wait to see more of that. I have this feeling that Stumpf was spying their RB. One play in particular stood out to me mainly because the replay at the dome had a great shot of a play from straight behind MJ. He shuffled from about center depth out to the edge of offensive right tackle and was waiting for the RB to come around the edge. He was ALWAYS around the RB whenever they handed it off. If his job was to spy, he absolutely killed it! Fun to watch! I thought King fought for a lot of tough yards as well. Great to see. Is it just me, or does it look like he's slimmed down a bit? DLine dominated all game. Hope they can continue that into this next game. We're going to need it.

NDSUBowler
12-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Random fact I looked up today:

The last time Montana lost by 31+ to an FCS team was back in 1998 in rd1 of the playoffs to WIU 52-9.

228 games ago.

X-Factor
12-07-2015, 05:08 PM
The Delta formation (I believe that's what we call it) worked brilliantly. Can't wait to see more of that. I have this feeling that Stumpf was spying their RB. One play in particular stood out to me mainly because the replay at the dome had a great shot of a play from straight behind MJ. He shuffled from about center depth out to the edge of offensive right tackle and was waiting for the RB to come around the edge. He was ALWAYS around the RB whenever they handed it off. If his job was to spy, he absolutely killed it! Fun to watch! I thought King fought for a lot of tough yards as well. Great to see. Is it just me, or does it look like he's slimmed down a bit? DLine dominated all game. Hope they can continue that into this next game. We're going to need it.
MJ had his best game in a Bison uniform. It was really fun to watch. A few of them made me wonder how Beck got on the field. Grimsley too, was just flying in to make key stops on 3rd down. We need both of them big time this Saturday to keep keep containment. If those two play like they did last week I doubt UNI will put up many points. Schaetz is licking his chops at word of their center being out. I would rather play them at full strength, but it will create some mismatches.

bandit218
12-07-2015, 06:43 PM

They didn't have anything to turn to because they were going to be playing the exact same team they played in August. That is arrogance.

Bisonville GasMan
12-07-2015, 06:52 PM
They didn't have anything to turn to because they were going to be playing the exact same team they played in August. That is arrogance.

Is BobS titt the only fcs head coach that is also the offensive coordinator?

Not that he can't do both with ease...since he is the modern era's offensive football genius. He can probably almost literally shit out his arse a perfect offensive game plan without even trying...

Bison 4 Life
12-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Is BobS titt the only fcs head coach that is also the offensive coordinator?

Not that he can't do both with ease...since he is the modern era's offensive football genius. He can probably almost literally shit out his arse a perfect offensive game plan without even trying...

Nah, there's a few out there that call their own plays.

GetEmGriz
12-07-2015, 09:27 PM

Are you stupid or just ignorant?

“Their coaches did a great job. They’ve got a good coaching staff and a very good football team and we knew we were getting into something like that but we needed to play better.”

“It was hard to run our offense because we couldn’t win the line of scrimmage offensively. Their defensive front did a fantastic job of stopping the run… Their front did a great job.”

Those quotes to me sound like a guy saying NDSU did a lot to cause the Griz to NOT play well... He basically flat out stated that NDSU made the adjustments from the first game of passing early to more of a heavy run game in the playoff game on Saturday. He said the defense improved from the first game and had a much better game plan going into the game on Saturday.

Congrats on the win, but holy shit a lot of you guys read into things that aren't even there.

Christopher Moen
12-07-2015, 09:33 PM

“Their coaches did a great job. They’ve got a good coaching staff and a very good football team and we knew we were getting into something like that but we needed to play better.”

“It was hard to run our offense because we couldn’t win the line of scrimmage offensively. Their defensive front did a fantastic job of stopping the run… Their front did a great job.”

Those quotes to me sound like a guy saying NDSU did a lot to cause the Griz to NOT play well... He basically flat out stated that NDSU made the adjustments from the first game of passing early to more of a heavy run game in the playoff game on Saturday. He said the defense improved from the first game and had a much better game plan going into the game on Saturday.

Congrats on the win, but holy shit a lot of you guys read into things that aren't even there.

What did you say about my mom!

89MTBISON
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM

Stitt was heavy on the excuses and light on the praise for a team that just whooped your ass.

ByeSonBusiness
12-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Stitt was heavy on the excuses and light on the praise for a team that just whooped your ass.

Do you expect people to bow down? I think the quotes above seem like plenty of praise.

tjbison
12-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Who cares what bobs titts thinks or says, game is over, ass whooped on to the next

89MTBISON
12-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Do you expect people to bow down? I think the quotes above seem like plenty of praise.

Watch the post game presser. Compare that to a Kleiman post-loss presser, or a post-win presser. We have a very classy coach.

BisonNation11
12-07-2015, 09:49 PM

Of all post season press conferences featuring other coaches, Titt's had the least humility. I thought he has holding back from throwing up when he tried to give credit to NDSU coaches and players. Which is fine. He can carry his program as he sees fit. Just going to rub some people the wrong way.

HerdThat!
12-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Random fact I looked up today:

The last time Montana lost by 31+ to an FCS team was back in 1998 in rd1 of the playoffs to WIU 52-9.

228 games ago.

But did that WIU team also hold Montana to only 6 rushing yards??..... :biggrin:

bisonaudit
12-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Who cares what bobs titts thinks or says, game is over, ass whooped on to the next

A number of people on this board, apparently.

Jay
12-08-2015, 12:11 AM
The Fargodome: Wa-Griz's only rival at the FCS level

http://m.missoulian.com/news/local/washington-grizzly-vs-the-fargodome-we-re-all-winners/article_223801c7-17dd-5fc9-8bc8-91d715845bff.html

89MTBISON
12-08-2015, 12:15 AM

Jordan Champion, C J Smith et al disagree with you. #bulletinboardmaterial

NDSUBowler
12-08-2015, 12:17 AM
The Fargodome: Wa-Griz's only rival at the FCS level

http://m.missoulian.com/news/local/washington-grizzly-vs-the-fargodome-we-re-all-winners/article_223801c7-17dd-5fc9-8bc8-91d715845bff.html

"Everybody comes and brings their cowbells and voices and stuff. It was loud, but we felt like we could handle it adequately."
Sorry pal, but we don't need artificial noisemakers.

tjbison
12-08-2015, 12:24 AM
Jordan Champion, C J Smith et al disagree with you. #bulletinboardmaterial
Lol, you think they care about a past game?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

89MTBISON
12-08-2015, 12:35 AM
The point is, what a coach says, andhow he behaves can have an impact on the outcome of the game. A Griz fan made a claim, it was rebutted, do you dispute that what Stitt said pregame was useful as bulletin board material by us? Just askin.

tjbison
12-08-2015, 12:57 AM
The point is, what a coach says, andhow he behaves can have an impact on the outcome of the game. A Griz fan made a claim, it was rebutted, do you dispute that what Stitt said pregame was useful as bulletin board material by us? Just askin.

I don't think the players pay much attention to it, another thing fans on message boards get all fired up about and means little to nothing on the field, same as when people think us talking about the fcs championship somehow wrecks the focus of the player....it's absurd

89MTBISON
12-08-2015, 01:07 AM
I forget if it was CJ or Champ in his post game interview on 790, who said tgey used statements by Stitt as motivation. My apologies man if you weren't making a blanket statement about what coaches like Stitt say, certainly if Farley made disrespectful statements about our D we would use that for motivation.

MAKBison
12-08-2015, 01:43 AM
I don't think the players pay much attention to it, another thing fans on message boards get all fired up about and means little to nothing on the field, same as when people think us talking about the fcs championship somehow wrecks the focus of the player....it's absurd

Well I can say with pretty good certainty that Stitt's comments about Stick were on the minds of a few players

PattyBison
12-08-2015, 01:46 AM
I forget if it was CJ or Champ in his post game interview on 790, who said tgey used statements by Stitt as motivation. My apologies man if you weren't making a blanket statement about what coaches like Stitt say, certainly if Farley made disrespectful statements about our D we would use that for motivation.

It was CJ.

Bisonator98
12-08-2015, 01:49 AM
I would hope there was plenty of motivation after the way they played in August. I'm guessing Stitts comments were a mere cherry on top.

bisonpride4ever
12-08-2015, 02:21 AM
But did that WIU team also hold Montana to only 6 rushing yards??..... :biggrin:

Held them to 20 yds on 32 carries.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

CAS4127
12-08-2015, 02:34 AM

I'll just say I hope Farley makes some cocky statements. He is, I hate to admit, more Wiley than that. Stitt? Not so much--and paid for it! Fuck him!

Sent from my iPhone.

NDSUBowler
12-08-2015, 02:41 AM
Held them to 20 yds on 32 carries.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch
3 times less effective than NDSU...

:)

56BISON73
12-08-2015, 03:11 AM
I'll just say I hope Farley makes some cocky statements. He is, I hate to admit, more Wiley than that. Stitt? Not so much--and paid for it! Fuck him!

Sent from my iPhone.

Stitt threw his small dick in the big boy pool and came up short trying to lose his D2 stigma by acting tough. LOL Didnt work to well for him.

Bison_Pride
12-08-2015, 09:41 PM
I doubt Champion had a clue that anything was said about Stick prior to the last game. His twitter post was most likely a reference to the first game where it was perceived that Montana was picking on a weak, and inexperienced, NDSU secondary. Stitt's perceived "confidence/arrogance" post game did not seem to dispel that idea.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3832060-champion-calls-montana-loss-wakeup-call-says-defense-needs-raise-its-level-play

A1pigskin
12-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Stitt threw his small dick in the big boy pool and came up short trying to lose his D2 stigma by acting tough. LOL Didnt work to well for him.

This is a good one.....

scottietohottie
12-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Hopefully all the concession stands are open Saturday instead of just half of them. It's going to be lunchtime and no one should have to wait 25 minutes for a jumbo dog. I love me a jumbo dog.

NorthernBison
12-09-2015, 12:19 PM
I doubt Champion had a clue that anything was said about Stick prior to the last game. His twitter post was most likely a reference to the first game where it was perceived that Montana was picking on a weak, and inexperienced, NDSU secondary. Stitt's perceived "confidence/arrogance" post game did not seem to dispel that idea.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3832060-champion-calls-montana-loss-wakeup-call-says-defense-needs-raise-its-level-play
The players heard Stitt's comments on Friday night and were well aware of what the boob said. This was brought up in an interview right after the game.

Bisonville GasMan
12-09-2015, 01:14 PM
The players heard Stitt's comments on Friday night and were well aware of what the boob said. This was brought up in an interview right after the game.

This is true. And by the way, Champion wasn't the only one who Tweeted some post game comments that hinted at the things that were said pre game.

THEsocalledfan
12-09-2015, 05:58 PM

Ross U did a great job of lambasting Stitt on the Scout podcast, and I really loved NDSU throwing at the end of the game when they never would have if the coach had any class. Coach K was sending a message.

bajadanny
12-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Ross U did a great job of lambasting Stitt on the Scout podcast, and I really loved NDSU throwing at the end of the game when they never would have if the coach had any class. Coach K was sending a message.

Montana sucks
Real head cases

Bison_Pride
12-10-2015, 05:12 AM
This is the way we clean the house, clean the house, clean the house........

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/griz-football-um-turns-focus-to-roster/article_7a1266da-31bf-5806-9276-b3c472eed8e9.html

aka Mr.Parker @Chris_Parker3
I can't help but smile because I'm free, no more negativity and no more walking on egg shells! Excited to find where God's taking me

Skyline Sports ‏@SkylineSportsMT 1m1 minute ago
QB Willy Pflug, WR Chase Naccarato, WR Josh Janssen, OL Cameron Rokich, QB Will Weyer and CB Chris Parker have been cut by the Montana Griz.

reformedUNDfan
12-10-2015, 05:46 AM
Has NDSU ever cut players?

56BISON73
12-10-2015, 05:47 AM

Not to my knowledge.

Binford30
12-10-2015, 10:59 AM

Has NDSU had a big of a Dick head coach as Stitts?

NovaBison
12-10-2015, 11:06 AM

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/griz-football-um-turns-focus-to-roster/article_7a1266da-31bf-5806-9276-b3c472eed8e9.html

Wow... sounds like Grizzland is not a real happy place! Looks like Stitt is going to go out and recruit some FBS rejects, to bring home a National Title! Hey Montana, this will never work...

EC8CH
12-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Seemed like Montana lost their final game from being out coached as much as they were out played.

Maybe the Stitt Offense will win them a BSC title someday if they get some QB play that is top tier. Long playoff runs are going to be tough when they start facing better defenses. Their production is so feast or famine based on the play of the quarterback.

THEsocalledfan
12-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Seemed like Montana lost their final game from being out coached as much as they were out played.

Maybe the Stitt Offense will win them a BSC title someday if they get some QB play that is top tier. Long playoff runs are going to be tough when they start facing better defenses. Their production is so feast or famine based on the play of the quarterback.

I am not convinced you can get the athletes you need to run that type of offense in Montana. I'd think their road to success should be to copy NDSU.

Bisonville GasMan
12-10-2015, 12:22 PM
Has NDSU had as big of a Dick head coach as Stitts?

I can't help but smile because I'm free, no more negativity and no more walking on egg shells! Excited to find where God's taking me

QB Willy Pflug, WR Chase Naccarato, WR Josh Janssen, OL Cameron Rokich, QB Will Weyer and CB Chris Parker have been cut by the Montana Griz.

Well, a lot of indicators point to him being a pretty big dick. Cutting players that have committed to the program prior to his hire because they aren't a perfect fit for Stitt Ball, to me, doesn't seem like the right thing to do. But who am I to pass any judgement..I mean him being a football genius and all.

Bisonville GasMan
12-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Wow... sounds like Grizzland is not a real happy place! Looks like Stitt is going to go out and recruit some FBS rejects, to bring home a National Title! Hey Montana, this will never work...

Seems like he would be a better fit as an offensive coordinator for some small semi pro football team, or maybe for an arena football league team. He can do all his gambling play calling bullsh!t, cut all the people he wants anytime he wants, and run his mouth non stop...and won't come across as much as a big douche bag.

Mr Meaty
12-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I am not convinced you can get the athletes you need to run that type of offense in Montana. I'd think their road to success should be to copy NDSU.

I think that is why I think Bubba will have UN_ at the top or near the top in the BSC in a couple of years. He understands defense and why it needs to be played.

BisonCardinal
12-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Is cutting players like this common in the FBS?

td577
12-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Is cutting players like this common in the FBS?

Not directly, they are generally talking into voluntarily leaving. While scholarships can be guaranteed for 4 or 5 years, usually they are offered year to year and are renewed. Usually they are automatically renewed unless there are off field issues or academic performance issues. Most schools don't pull a scholarship for athletic performance. They don't want to get the reputation of cutting players because there is so much based on trust in a program. I do think it would be easier to talk the FBS athlete into voluntarily leaving because they probably do have more options. They are the ones transferring to other programs without issues from the school they left.

Stitt is kind of doing a coaching no-no even if they aren't student/athletes he recruited. If you are willing to cut any player, you are willing to cut the next player. When the recruiting game becomes such a fine line for the high schooler between one program and another, I think for some it will be hard to over look he has cut some football players. You better believe other programs will point that out to parents and kids they are talking to when comparing their program to Montana's. It isn't even negative recruiting. Hey, just remember some of the other programs you are looking at has cut players, we don't.

bruinbison
12-10-2015, 02:32 PM

Chris Parker (CB - 6' 180 lbs - Redshirt Soph) was a big recruit for the Griz
from Sioux Falls Washington. He followed S Matt Hermanson
(Head Coaches son?) out there. Will be interesting to see if Parker
transfers to another 1-AA program or instead drops down a level,
say to Augustana, USF, or MSU-Moorhead.
NDSU's Austin Kuhnert & Dan Marlette are Washington grads, so no
shortage of people to ask about Parker.

If QB Weyer is indeed off the team, that will also be interesting to me.
He's a 6' 5" RFR from Bozeman. Montana has always enjoyed recruiting
in Montana State's backyard. In fact, Weyer's older brother is also a Griz,
starting last year on the OL. IMO this would not help Stitt in his in-state
recruiting and might be a boost to Montana State's new coach.

If Stitt has indeed dropped 2 QB's, my best guess is he is also looking at
the "Stitt System" and what quarterback talent would best fit it.

GetEmGriz
12-10-2015, 02:44 PM
I think that is why I think Bubba will have UN_ at the top or near the top in the BSC in a couple of years. He understands defense and why it needs to be played.

I don't understand why there has to be a correlation between offense and defense. I think you can have both a strong offense and a strong defense and I think Montana can have a strong defense even with this brand of offense. Stitt definitely values both and understands that you need a strong defense to help carry your team to a national championship. Montana's defense has for the most part been an outlier in a defenseless Big Sky (Most consistently strong defense over the years). It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up in the next few seasons.

EndZoneQB
12-10-2015, 02:50 PM
I don't understand why there has to be a correlation between offense and defense. I think you can have both a strong offense and a strong defense and I think Montana can have a strong defense even with this brand of offense. Stitt definitely values both and understands that you need a strong defense to help carry your team to a national championship. Montana's defense has for the most part been an outlier in a defenseless Big Sky (Most consistently strong defense over the years). It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up in the next few seasons.

Hmm, I wonder why you guys have also been the most successful?

bisonmike2
12-10-2015, 02:54 PM
If they're cut, do they have to sit out a year when transfering to another FCS school? Do they treat being cut the same as leaving? Their coach sound like a real piece of Stitt.

bruinbison
12-10-2015, 04:53 PM
AJ Mazzolini on player cuts - 2 confirmed.....QB Pflug and CB Parker

"It was unfortunate that the staff changed after I committed as it turned out not to be a fit for what this staff values and the direction they want to go," Pflug told the Missoulian. "We both tried to make it work but they want to focus in a different direction. I wish them luck."

Parker's release was also due to chemistry issues rather than play, ABC/FOX's Shaun Rainey reported Tuesday. He appeared in nine games and made 10 tackles this fall, his third in the program

http://m.billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/football/grizzlies-stitt-makes-roster-cuts-eyes/article_49dda791-e64e-5d44-9fe9-63906ae1aaa1.html

THEsocalledfan
12-10-2015, 05:20 PM
If they're cut, do they have to sit out a year when transfering to another FCS school? Do they treat being cut the same as leaving? Their coach sound like a real piece of Stitt.

If Parker can play at a high level, man, I'd like to see NDSU land him. Nothing like a guy with something to prove, unless behind the scenes he was such a jacka#$ to warrant such a move. I'd say that would have to be extreme to justify it; great way to lose trust of players if you start treating them completely like a professional.

ndsubison1
12-10-2015, 06:45 PM

Randoms who try to walk on?

tjbison
12-10-2015, 07:22 PM

sounds like the arrogance of bobs tits is showing more and more...giz1952, where are you?

BisonHorns
12-10-2015, 08:30 PM
How about the line where Stitt says students get a scholarship and then think they can coast through 5 years of free school? JERK Their program is going to be in trouble with that as the leader.

MN_BISON
12-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Is there a link to what he said on Friday, missed it.

EC8CH
12-10-2015, 10:14 PM
How about the line where Stitt says students get a scholarship and then think they can coast through 5 years of free school? JERK Their program is going to be in trouble with that as the leader.

Puts media on blast for reporting on him cutting players... Calls players he's cutting lazy slackers. Ladies and Gentleman.... Bob's Titts!

MAKBison
12-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Chris Parker (CB - 6' 180 lbs - Redshirt Soph) was a big recruit for the Griz
from Sioux Falls Washington. He followed S Matt Hermanson
(Head Coaches son?) out there. Will be interesting to see if Parker
transfers to another 1-AA program or instead drops down a level,
say to Augustana, USF, or MSU-Moorhead.
NDSU's Austin Kuhnert & Dan Marlette are Washington grads, so no
shortage of people to ask about Parker.

If QB Weyer is indeed off the team, that will also be interesting to me.
He's a 6' 5" RFR from Bozeman. Montana has always enjoyed recruiting
in Montana State's backyard. In fact, Weyer's older brother is also a Griz,
starting last year on the OL. IMO this would not help Stitt in his in-state
recruiting and might be a boost to Montana State's new coach.

If Stitt has indeed dropped 2 QB's, my best guess is he is also looking at
the "Stitt System" and what quarterback talent would best fit it.

Time for NDSU to snag a few MT prospects.

Bisonville GasMan
12-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Time for NDSU to snag a few MT prospects.

Right...come to NDSU, where you will be part of a family. Or...go to Montana and see if you make it through all 4 years if things work out.

tjbison
12-10-2015, 10:26 PM

he couldn't have actually said that did he?

MAKBison
12-10-2015, 10:34 PM

"But they're there and we've got to fill 'em and it can't be with just high school kids." Stitt going the wrong way...LOL too bad for UM

GCWaters
12-10-2015, 11:06 PM
he couldn't have actually said that did he?

"When we get everybody on the program to do that, we're there," Stitt said, speaking generally and not in regard to individual cases. "We can't have the attitude of, 'OK, I've got my scholarship and now I can cruise for five years and ride off in the sunset and get free school.' You've got to earn it every day."

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2015, 11:12 PM
who would want to play for that asshole?

tjbison
12-10-2015, 11:22 PM
"When we get everybody on the program to do that, we're there," Stitt said, speaking generally and not in regard to individual cases. "We can't have the attitude of, 'OK, I've got my scholarship and now I can cruise for five years and ride off in the sunset and get free school.' You've got to earn it every day."

Hmm....what type of players were they recruiting if that's true...or did they just give up on his tits

td577
12-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Hmm....what type of players were they recruiting if that's true...or did they just give up on his tits

Well, they weren't his recruits.

Son of a Bison
12-11-2015, 04:38 AM
A playoff beat down from the Bison made Montana Stitt themselves. Their gameplan and coach Stitt the bed. They left that game going no way can we even compete with the Bison unless they have a senior laden team playing at home with lots of lucky catches and some questionable defensive holding/PI calls and the youngest Bison defense in a long time with maturing coordinators who have no film of the current team or scheme to game plan for.

Stitt knows his only path to a playoff run is the win their weak conference and get an undeserved high seed to avoid away playoff games against other high seeds like the Bison and hope they don't host SHSU Bearskats (a Bearskat is not much different than a Griz Stitt is it?). I doubt cutting players is the best way to accomplish this but maybe I don't know Stitt.

ByeSonBusiness
12-11-2015, 08:27 PM
A playoff beat down from the Bison made Montana Stitt themselves. Their gameplan and coach Stitt the bed. They left that game going no way can we even compete with the Bison unless they have a senior laden team playing at home with lots of lucky catches and some questionable defensive holding/PI calls and the youngest Bison defense in a long time with maturing coordinators who have no film of the current team or scheme to game plan for.

Stitt knows his only path to a playoff run is the win their weak conference and get an undeserved high seed to avoid away playoff games against other high seeds like the Bison and hope they don't host SHSU Bearskats (a Bearskat is not much different than a Griz Stitt is it?). I doubt cutting players is the best way to accomplish this but maybe I don't know Stitt.

Each team has roughly the same number of seniors. Both teams had plenty of mistakes in the first game. Second time around NDSU took care of business. Don't be the guy who blames officials for losses. Sometimes the other team plays better and earns a win.