PDA

View Full Version : Gopher game odds

KTF
07-13-2006, 12:00 PM
According to this article, Russell will not be back for the Gophers. *How much more likely are the odds of an upset?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=132903&section=Sports

BisonMav
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
According to this article, Russell will not be back for the Gophers. *How much more likely are the odds of an upset?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=132903&section=Sports

.....and he is only eligible for NAIA schools.

Gophers still have good backs that haven't played.

BisBison
07-13-2006, 12:20 PM
I watched that Pinnix kid against Mich St last year. He can run with the best of them. At least behind the line they had last year. It certainly doesn't hurt us that they are short one spot on the depth chart, but with them I think it's mostly about the system and the line, which is huge and fast.

IowaBisonToo
07-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Gil - did you find somewhere what the reason was that Russel didn't sign up for classes? *The story on the Forum's web site didn't give much information.

BisonMav
07-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Gil - did you find somewhere what the reason was that Russel didn't sign up for classes? *The story on the Forum's web site didn't give much information.

Here is the Pioneer Press Link, that's all I know.

Pioneer Press Link (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15017334.htm)

A requisite for Russell rejoining the Gophers this season was passing summer classes. Team spokesman Shane Sandersfeld said Russell isn't enrolled in summer classes.

Gamehunter
07-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Every NAIA team from the East to West coast is going to be screaming trying to get Russel. At that level a talent like himself could control the game.

I don't know how much this news actually changes the Bison's chances, but I do like the odds of us keeping the score respectable at least. I doubt MN is going to have an offense this year of the same caliber as in past seasons.

Gamehunter
07-13-2006, 06:28 PM
http://www.cfbnews.com/Big_Ten/2006_Previews/Minnesota_preview.htm

silkamilkamonico
07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I would say an upset is still unlikely.

They still have scout team players that would be a great addition to NDSU and contribute playing time in games.

I just hope NDSU can make it competitive and keep it close through halftime. Anything in the second half, in way of keeping it close or even winning, would be an added bonus.

mn-bison
07-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I would say an upset is still unlikely.

They still have scout team players that would be a great addition to NDSU and contribute playing time in games.

I just hope NDSU can make it competitive and keep it close through halftime. Anything in the second half, in way of keeping it close or even winning, would be an added bonus.

You are correct, an upset is unlikely. *BUT, take away 2 drafted linemen and a 1st round running back (and another potential 1st day draft choice in Russel), they are not going to be as good of a running team as they were last year. *If the Bison can stop (slow) the run and make them win by passing, they will have a good chance of keeping it close. *Especially if our young DB's can strut their stuff against the big boys...

broke_back_mnt
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
NDSU has never beaten them. Just to stay with them we will have to be tough and on our game. The hitting I saw last time I was there against Michigan had never been seen in D2. NDSU was in D2 at the time.

We may be ready now? Phil Hansen may be the only man in Bisonville that can tell us.

RodentiaX
07-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Losing Russell does take a nice shiny tool out of the Gophers' tool box, but there is a lot of depth at running back at Minnesota. The running game won't be as potent without Russell, but it will still be a strong running game. I would expect to see more passing this season.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
07-14-2006, 09:57 PM
My hope is to keep it close through half time..........Seriously folks dont bet the dog here lessen you get 28 points. Their strength is the run game, our D line is maybe our weakness. We put 8 in the box, they have a veteran Quarterback. Cupito has improved. He has some tall receivers--(Wheelright is 6-5 and can fly)

I want the Bison to win like everybody.........lets not get carried away