PDA

View Full Version : Final Bracketology

Pages : [1] 2

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 02:36 AM
Pending UND of course...like who I have in the field...the seeds I am not so sure about....

The Bracket
Dayton at Chattanooga vs 1. JSU
The Citadel at CCU vs 8. Charleston Southern

Colgate at Montana vs 5. Portland State
EIU at UNI vs 4. Illinois State

SDSU at UND vs 3. NDSU
Duquesne at William and Mary vs 6. JMU

UNH at Fordham vs 7. Richmond
SUU at SHSU vs 2. McNeese State

Autobids(10): SUU, CSU, Richmond, NDSU, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga and McNeese State
At-Large(14): Portland State, ISUR, SDSU, W&M, JMU, Fordham, SHSU, Montana, CCU, UNI, UND, The Citadel, UNH, EIU(last team in)
Bubble: NAU, Towson, UCA, WIU and Bethune-Cookman

NoBowls.com (http://nobowls.com/)
http://nobowls.com/images/final.png

Bison Media Bracket.... (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/668292753638481920)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUZAt9WWoAAjk26.png

BraxtonT
11-22-2015, 02:40 AM
Pending UND of course...like who I have in the field...the seeds I am not so sure about....

The Bracket

SDSU at UND vs 3. NDSU

Autobids(10): SUU, CSU, Richmond, NDSU, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga and McNeese State
At-Large(14): Portland State, ISUR, SDSU, W&M, JMU, Fordham, SHSU, Montana, CCU, UNI, UND, The Citadel, UNH, EIU(last team in)

Send this to the committee. They can get drunk tonight and still look smart in the morning with this.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 02:57 AM
This would be good but of course it requires SDSU to be seeded...possible I guess....

ndsubison1
11-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Dont think they'll seed 3 Mvc teams now after Sdsu lost. Think they'll award a team for winning autobid/conference. Suu, Chatty, Jmu, Richmond in contention. W&M probably on outside looking in.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:16 AM
Dom has Bethune-Cookman in...I just don't get it their entire conference has no quality wins and their SOS would be the worst in the field....Yes, worse then Dayton.

MAKBison
11-22-2015, 03:18 AM

The Bracket

SDSU at UND vs 3. NDSU

McNeese state will not be a 2

ndsubison1
11-22-2015, 03:20 AM
McNeese is interesting. I see either a 2 or 3 there. Ndsu has legit case to jump them, just not sure how committee judges them

MAKBison
11-22-2015, 03:23 AM
McNeese is interesting. I see either a 2 or 3 there. Ndsu has legit case to jump them, just not sure how committee judges them

I see them as a 4 or 5

DM05
11-22-2015, 03:25 AM
Dom has Bethune-Cookman in...I just don't get it their entire conference has no quality wins and their SOS would be the worst in the field....Yes, worse then Dayton.

Dom also picked 25 teams: had Portland State seeded but didn't have them in their list of at-large picks. He'll need to drop one team.

DIBISON
11-22-2015, 03:33 AM
Dom also picked 25 teams: had Portland State seeded but didn't have them in their list of at-large picks. He'll need to drop one team.
Dom probably has 5 Big sky teams in there also. Don't know I haven't looked. After watching the Cal Poly and Hawks game I'm thinking that the Big Sky deserves 3 teams in.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-22-2015, 03:36 AM

I don't know shit, but I watched McNeese tonight...meh

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:38 AM
I would put McNeese at #3 or 4 but I am not on the committee. I think they will see that big shiny 10-0 record from an SLC team and put them at #2. That South Dakota loss hurts sadly.

MAKBison
11-22-2015, 03:40 AM
As much as they say it does not matter I think green is the color they see

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 04:01 AM
Bison Media Bracket.... (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/668292753638481920)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUZAt9WWoAAjk26.png

JMB
11-22-2015, 04:03 AM
Think about this.... Lets say we didn't play the Fighting Hawks in September. You know the NCAA would have set it up for them to play in Fargo if they win their first playoff game. You thought the hype in September was unbearable.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 04:06 AM
Stats.com
(http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20151121233441551727304)
Dayton-Chattanooga first-round winner to play No. 1 seed Jacksonville State
The Citadel-James Madison first-round winner to play No. 8 seed Charleston Southern

Southern Utah-Sam Houston State first-round winner to play No. 5 Portland State
Towson-Coastal Carolina first-round winner to play No. 4 seed McNeese State

Duquesne-Fordham first-round winner to play No. 3 seed Illinois State
Eastern Illinois-Northern Iowa first-round winner to play No. 6 seed South Dakota State

Colgate-William & Mary first-round winner to play No. 7 seed Richmond
Western Illinois-Montana first-round winner to play No. 2 seed North Dakota State

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 04:08 AM
The stats bracket would break SS.com

MAKBison
11-22-2015, 04:09 AM
Looks about right:biggrin:

Christopher Moen
11-22-2015, 04:16 AM
Stats.com
The Citadel-James Madison first-round winner to play No. 8 seed Charleston Southern

Eastern Illinois-Northern Iowa first-round winner to play No. 6 seed South Dakota State

Western Illinois-Montana first-round winner to play No. 2 seed North Dakota State

Can't see all MVFC teams on the same side of the bracket. Also don't see WIU getting a spot. Probably three on one side and the highest MVFC team on the other.

tke
11-22-2015, 04:17 AM
Think about this.... Lets say we didn't play the Fighting Hawks in September. You know the NCAA would have set it up for them to play in Fargo if they win their first playoff game. You thought the hype in September was unbearable.
They can still do this. Nothing prevents rematches unless it is both your first game, which it wouldn't be. If they don't seed SDSU, they could easily have those two play with the winner coming to Fargo. Two games under 400 miles makes the NCAA happy!

DIBISON
11-22-2015, 04:20 AM
Stats.com

Like I have been saying, the Big Sky only deserves 3 teams in the playoffs. Doubt that will happen though!!

HerdBot
11-22-2015, 04:30 AM
McCheese State is the most overrated team ever. They haven't played anyone and the Southland is a weak ass conference wit only a couple good tears every year. McCheese would be a middle to bottom Missouri Valley team.

Theres a reason we lost 1 game vs their conference in our history and it was a 3 pointer vs Sam Houston on the road with our worst team in 40 years.

Ilinois State, SDSU, UNI, and NDSU would beat them by 4 TD'S. Youngstown, Western Illinois, and USD would beat them. Heck Southern Illinois could.

If they are higher than a 3 seed, it won't matter as they won't make it more than a game.

Hammerhead
11-22-2015, 04:33 AM
They can still do this. Nothing prevents rematches unless it is both your first game, which it wouldn't be. If they don't seed SDSU, they could easily have those two play with the winner coming to Fargo. Two games under 400 miles makes the NCAA happy!

I'll be shocked if if they don't have UND travelling to SDSU with the winner coming to Fargo.

ByeSonBusiness
11-22-2015, 04:34 AM
McCheese State is the most overrated team ever. They haven't played anyone and the Southland is a weak ass conference wit only a couple good tears every year. McCheese would be a middle to bottom Missouri Valley team.

Theres a reason we lost 1 game vs their conference in our history and it was a 3 pointer vs Sam Houston on the road with our worst team in 40 years.

Ilinois State, SDSU, UNI, and NDSU would beat them by 4 TD'S. Youngstown, Western Illinois, and USD would beat them. Heck Southern Illinois could.

If they are higher than a 3 seed, it won't matter as they won't make it more than a game.

Lol TIL our 2009 team was worse than the 2002 team that had an even worse record playing against the likes of St. Cloud and Mankato.

They might be good, they might suck. Might be somewhere in between. If the Bison didn't suck ass in the second half against Montana or USD this wouldn't be a problem.

Bison4peat
11-22-2015, 04:42 AM

Fox Sports bracket

HerdBot
11-22-2015, 04:42 AM
Lol TIL our 2009 team was worse than the 2002 team that had an even worse record playing against the likes of St. Cloud and Mankato.

They might be good, they might suck. Might be somewhere in between. If the Bison didn't suck ass in the second half against Montana or USD this wouldn't be a problem.

Ok, good point on 2002, so the 2nd worst team in 40 years.

We've lost 2 games this year, both on the last play of the game and both with Wentz being injured. (Broken hand and ankle vs Montana )

Had we been like McNeese, we could have played a couple of D2 teams instead of Montana and a UND team that's actually starting to look ok.

If they don't recognize the fact our conference is easily #1...

ndsubison1
11-22-2015, 05:58 AM
The winning bracket...

Dayton at Chatty vs 1. Jacksonville St
Duquesne at Fordham vs. 8. James Madison
New Hampshire at Montana vs. 4. Portland St
Eastern Illinois at UNI vs. 5. Illinois State
Colgate at William & Mary vs. 6. Richmond
UND at SDSU vs. 3. NDSU
Citadel at CCU vs. 7. Charleston Southern
Southern Utah at SHSU vs. 2. McNeese St

DIBISON
11-22-2015, 06:05 AM
Stats.com

Other than the 7 win BS this is the best as it rewards the MVFC as the best instead of giving a token 4 to the Big Sky.

thebootfitter
11-22-2015, 08:00 AM
McNeese state will not be a 2
Had you said "McNeese doesn't deserve a 2 seed," I'd be right there with you. But I think it is very possible -- perhaps even likely -- that the committee will reward a 0 in the loss column with a high seed, regardless of SOS. We'll see in a few hours.

Bison4ever56
11-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Had you said "McNeese doesn't deserve a 2 seed," I'd be right there with you. But I think it is very possible -- perhaps even likely -- that the committee will reward a 0 in the loss column with a high seed, regardless of SOS. We'll see in a few hours.
So should we worry about Dayton getting the 3 seed?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bisonboone11
11-22-2015, 11:47 AM

Dayton isn't undefeated.

JMB
11-22-2015, 11:50 AM

Oh its most certainly a possibility or even likely. However could you imagine the media hype around it if we hadn't played in September?

A1pigskin
11-22-2015, 12:42 PM
I am seeing many different scenarios. Has anything been officially posted?

unbison
11-22-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm maybe out of the loop but how does the tiebreaker for seeding work with conference co champs??

Gully
11-22-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm maybe out of the loop but how does the tiebreaker for seeding work with conference co champs??

It came down to the third (I think) tie breaker, which is how did both teams do against the next highest rated team. NDSU beat SDSU, while ISUred lost to SDSU. This is the tie breaker to determine the auto bid. Both teams are still considered conference champs.

Also, seeding has nothing to do with this. Technically, ISUred could be seeded higher than NDSU, although that doesn't usually happen (it has happened though).

A1pigskin
11-22-2015, 12:50 PM

No idea, but here is my 2 cents. Look at the schedules, how many teams were played in the top 25, and points. I also think location plays in a little due to costs.

Gully
11-22-2015, 12:51 PM
I am seeing many different scenarios. Has anything been officially posted?

Selection show is at 10 Central on ESPNU.

unbison
11-22-2015, 12:51 PM
It came down to the third (I think) tie breaker, which is how did both teams do against the next highest rated team. NDSU beat SDSU, while ISUred lost to SDSU. This is the tie breaker to determine the auto bid. Both teams are still considered conference champs.

Also, seeding has nothing to do with this. Technically, ISUred could be seeded higher than NDSU, although that doesn't usually happen (it has happened though).

I could see it happening as their losses were against better teams

A1pigskin
11-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Selection show is at 10 Central on ESPNU.

I will be at church. Maybe I will pretend like I have to go to the bathroom and stream it on my iPhone. More than likely I will have to read it on BV.

Gully
11-22-2015, 12:57 PM
I could see it happening as their losses were against better teams

It could happen. Most of the people that spend the most time on this do not have ISU in the top 2 however. I think McNeese is more likely to finish ahead of us than ISUred.

To be clear, this isn't what I think should happen, it's what I think is more likely to happen. I think ISU would beat McNeese easily.

unbison
11-22-2015, 12:59 PM
I see quite a few on here don't think much of mcneese...curious as to why?
They have a very athletic qb and are from the same conference as Sam Houston who has had some good playoff runs in the not so distant past

Gully
11-22-2015, 01:04 PM
They have a very athletic qb and are from the same conference as Sam Houston who has had some good playoff runs in the not so distant past

Strength of schedule. We have the same amount of DI wins as they do with a much tougher schedule. If they get the 2 seed and NDSU doesn't, the lesson will be that there is no value in scheduling games like Montana. If we would have scheduled Drake or Emporia State instead, we would be 10-1 and it wouldn't even be a question. So the committee will send an important message today with respect to future scheduling, one way or the other.

A1pigskin
11-22-2015, 01:08 PM
I just hope we don't have to play any MV teams. I think costs will have a big impact.

IzzyFlexion
11-22-2015, 01:18 PM
I will be at church. Maybe I will pretend like I have to go to the bathroom and stream it on my iPhone. More than likely I will have to read it on BV.

Yer wiener is gonna be struck by lightning.

Thomas96
11-22-2015, 01:32 PM
If I'm reading these correctly we will need to win the next 4 games to become the 5 time defending champions. Do I have that right?:group::group::group:

Mr Meaty
11-22-2015, 01:34 PM
If I'm reading these correctly we will need to win the next 4 games to become the 5 time defending champions. Do I have that right?:group::group::group:

Correct, your parents must be so proud of you for figuring out the obvious. Lol

FFBison
11-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Just saw this on Twitter. Posted at 8:30...am I reading right that the top 4 are released 30 minutes early? I'm confused. Maybe posted too early. This is the official Twitter account for FCS football.

@NCAA_FCS: EXCLUSIVE: In 1 hour, the Committee will release the top 4 seeds in the #FCSPlayoffs bracket here on @NCAA_FCS!

Thomas96
11-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Correct, your parents must be so proud of you for figuring out the obvious. Lol
If you stop and think about it and put yourself in our position it is pretty simple.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 01:53 PM
http://www.fcsgameday.com/news/archives/gamedaysprojectedplayofffield

1. Jacksonville State (10-1) (OVC AQ)
2. North Dakota State (9-2) (MVC AQ)
3. McNeese State (10-0) (Southland AQ)
4. Illinois State (9-2)
5. Sam Houston State (8-3)
6. Portland State (9-2)
7. South Dakota State (8-3)
8. Chattanooga (8-3) (Southern AQ)

BYZEN
11-22-2015, 01:58 PM
No need to miss Church, this will be the bracket, :biggrin:

Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

BisonEngrGirl
11-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Just saw this on Twitter. Posted at 8:30...am I reading right that the top 4 are released 30 minutes early? I'm confused. Maybe posted too early. This is the official Twitter account for FCS football.

@NCAA_FCS: EXCLUSIVE: In 1 hour, the Committee will release the top 4 seeds in the #FCSPlayoffs bracket here on @NCAA_FCS!

Must be legit because they just posted again. Top 4 in 30 mins, selection show in 1 hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
11-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Must be legit because they just posted again. Top 4 in 30 mins, selection show in 1 hour.

I think they did that last year as well.

gumby013
11-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Last year they released the top four, but in no particular order.

td577
11-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Here are my couple of thoughts about stacking the MVFC in the playoffs.

There isn't anyone in the country who knows anything about FCS who wouldn't say the MVFC is the top conference, a grind to get through, and the top 2/3rds would probably contend in just about every other conference out there for a championship. So just for the MVFC programs, they have worked through the conference schedule to earn a playoff spot, and if you stack them, will have to work through the top teams of the conference AGAIN to win a championship. So if you set them all up in the same quadrant, the grueling conference schedule starts all over again.

If you are not a MVFC program put into that quadrant, you will have to work your way through the toughest part of the toughest conference to advance all the way to the championship. While they would rightfully have earned a trip to Frisco, they will have undoubtedly taken the toughest road in terms of also now having to win the MVFC on the way. It all but assures no one else but the MVFC would make it out of that stack.

So when it is asked if the committee wants to put all the MVFC schools in the same bracket and even a step further the same quadrant of the same bracket, it punishes a couple of other programs excessively. The ADs of those conferences will certainly claim it would be unfair for them to have to work through that, regardless of what the ratings and ranking system has to say. So the compromise becomes if the MVFC schools are good enough to be seeded, to spread them out and only stack them if they are unseeded and have them play right away. Some of those brackets have just about the entire MVFC stacked in the same quadrant of the bracket.

It will be interesting how the brackets play out. While NDSU isn't as dominate as in years past, they are still the program no one wants to face. Sure everyone talks about the Bison being put in their place but want someone else to do it because they don't want their program to take the risk. I think there are committee members who will upvote certain programs to avoid earlier confrontations with some other programs and let their targeted conference programs fall in the seeding process. They aren't going to get all the matchups they want, but I have to think there is a strategy to minimize exposure to certain programs.

tke
11-22-2015, 02:19 PM

I'm pretty sure you'll see it happen today. The Big Sky AQ is Southern Utah but Portland State is likely a 5 seed while Southern Utah is likely to be unseeded.

bruinbison
11-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Kolpack had posted this a while ago, haven't seen him change it.

Jeff Kolpack
Jeff Kolpack – ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER

My sources now believe McNeese will be the No. 2 seed

BattleBorn
11-22-2015, 02:28 PM
Truly I would be shocked if McNeese St didn't get the #2. Are they the 2nd best? I sure don't think so, but don't see the committee ignoring their record over our two losses.

BISONFAN4LIFE
11-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Kolpack had posted this a while ago, haven't seen him change it.

Ok. NDSU #3
I'll St #4
SDSU #8
We meet either the #4 or #8 in Frisco.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Last year they released the top four, but in no particular order.

That's right...I do remember that. I was thinking that they would release the actual ranks, but that's not the case. The top 4, even unranked, will be interesting to see. Here we go!!

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2015, 02:32 PM
top 4 will be announced in alphabetical order.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 02:32 PM
RedBirds are in.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Jax St is in.

HerdBot
11-22-2015, 02:33 PM
McNeese will lose their 1st or 2nd game do it doesn't matter ...

FFBison
11-22-2015, 02:34 PM
McNeese is in.

MontBison
Alright top 4

FFBison
ND State is in!

MNLonghorn10
pretty much what everybody expected

BISONFAN4LIFE
11-22-2015, 02:35 PM
pretty much what everybody expected

All this drama......

MontBison
11-22-2015, 02:35 PM
So let's hope that were the 2 or 3 and Illinois St is the 4!

Professor Chaos
11-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Bison are guaranteed to be in the Fargodome at least until the semis (provided they keep winning).

thebootfitter
11-22-2015, 02:43 PM

They've got a loss. Big difference.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

NorthernBison
11-22-2015, 02:45 PM

True. We've played that QB before. 2013 at K State. I'd have to check the DVD to see if he started.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 02:46 PM
True. We've played that QB before. 2013 at K State. I'd have to check the DVD to see if he started.

Waters was the starter...Sams was a change of pace running QB.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 02:46 PM

Jake Waters was the QB, but Sams played some wildcat formation and had a 20 yard TD run.

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2015, 02:48 PM
haha..Daniel Sams is at McNeese?

so...we meet again...

FFBison
11-22-2015, 02:54 PM
haha..Daniel Sams is at McNeese?

so...we meet again...

Yep! He had all of about 47 yards passing against Lamar yesterday. LOVE one dimensional teams!

bisonaudit
11-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Yep! He had all of about 47 yards passing against Lamar yesterday. LOVE one dimensional teams!

Grimsley better get his fits figured out.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:00 PM
Here we go...selection show!

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2015, 03:01 PM
sweet introduction.

BisonNation11
11-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Nice jump suits McNeese... Yikes...

Bison Gal
sweet introduction.

Agree ������

FFBison
Jay Walker was a QB at Howard?

MNLonghorn10
Jay Walker only works 60 minutes a year.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:04 PM
JSU #1 no surprise there.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Wow!!........

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2015, 03:05 PM
haha fuck. Road goes through Normal

aces1180
Wtf!!!!!!!!

NDSUstudent
Wow ISUR at #2 and Bison at #3...could play at Normal in the semifinals.

CalBison97
We got screwed

aces1180
This shit is whack....

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2015, 03:06 PM
We got screwed

How? they had the same record and "better" losses.

Much better...

NDSUstudent
Portland is in NDSU's pod.

OatmealWicket92
Selection committee doesn't want us in Frisco

Bison 4 Life
We got screwed

Don't give the committee any reason to screw you. That's the lesson learned here.

BattleBorn
11-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Wow. So we are ahead of ISU-R in all polls and GPI. Interesting choice.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Chuck south is #8...I had all the 8 seeded teams...not the right order but I will take getting all 8.

HerdBot
11-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Wow ISUR at #2 and Bison at #3...could play at Normal in the semifinals.

Hey its fair. McNeese wouldn't have been fair.

CalBison97
11-22-2015, 03:08 PM

Much better...

AQ and GPI

Bison bison
11-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Good for the Redbirds and good for the mvfc.

EndZoneQB
11-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Regionalization is awful. CCU/The Citadel to CSU? Really?

bisonhp330
11-22-2015, 03:10 PM
if USD would have scored some points on the redbirds and a closer game............different story.

Jay
Don't lose to SD. Let's play!

Bison Gal
Positive outlook - this should give team chip on their shoulder to prove NDSU doesn't quit.....we win championships.

Wally
11-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Don't take a massive shit vs USD AT HOME. End of story.

Mr Meaty
Bullshit so far

Mr Meaty
Only one thing to do now is just win it.

DCinOK
11-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Looks like I need to mapquest Oklahoma to Normal, Il and make some travel plans. Would be great to have a ton of Bison fans there.

ndsubison1
11-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Regionalization is awful. CCU/The Citadel to CSU? Really?

Should've read the bracketologists Ndsustudent and myself :)

scottietohottie
11-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Can't believe some couldn't see this coming. Number 2 and 3 seeds don't get the easy side of the bracket. That's how it should be. I didn't see the 3 coming but no way in hell they let last year play out again without a clear valley champion. Usd killed us. This is what happens when you don't win the valley. Goal number 1. Mcneese earned the 4 seed and better early draw.

bisonmike2
AQ and GPI

Playoff committee doesn't care about AQ. And frankly, I didn't understand how we got it anyway. Like Longhorn siad, ISU's losses are much better than ours.

MNLonghorn10
Cant wait for SDSU/UND!

Bison 4 Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCxkEPlVLzs

Bison"FANatic"
11-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Wow mvfc all on one side

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Can't believe some couldn't see this coming. Number 2 and 3 seeds don't get the easy side of the bracket. That's how it should be. I didn't see the 3 coming but no way in hell they let last year play out again without a clear valley champion. Usd killed us. This is what happens when you don't win the valley. Goal number 1. Mcneese earned the 4 seed and better early draw.

The brackets are extremely uneven. Worse then I've ever seen....It is a complete joke.

ByeSonBusiness
Wow. So we are ahead of ISU-R in all polls and GPI. Interesting choice.

Not really. They lost 1 FCS game and played all the same conference games NDSU did.

Much better...

I'm surprised everyone was just assuming NDSU would be higher.

AQ and GPI

1 FCS loss vs 2 FCS loss's.

onbison09
Why are we surprised when this happens every year?

aces1180
Cant wait for SDSU/UND!

UNI/UND and Montana/SDSU

admin
It is what it is... i.e. horseshit.

StL Bison Fan
11-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Wow mvfc all on one side

And why would that be? Yep.

semobison
Wow mvfc all on one side

Holy regionalization! Awful..just awful!

FFBison
Wow mvfc all on one side

This is garbage....

AjaxTheMighty
11-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Cant wait for SDSU/UND!

Is this for sure. I'M not watching the show so haven't seen a bracket.

natstar1
11-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Cant wait for SDSU/UND!

this is happening

BisonEngrGirl
11-22-2015, 03:18 PM
So our side of the bracket is going to just be 4 MVFC teams and some big fluffies?????

MontBison
11-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Holy regionalization! Awful..just awful!

It's too bad uni or sdus wasn't on the other side of the bracket just so they could run train on it. Hell id rather be Unranked and on the opposite side of the bracket as we are now.

natstar1
11-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Cant wait for SDSU/UND!

this is happening

NDSUSR
We all knew the USD loss was going to cost us.
Regionalization sucks though.

HerdBot
Hopefully Illinois State faces some teams who can beat them. Not liking the bracket so far.

NDSUstudent
Is this for sure. I'M not watching the show so haven't seen a bracket.

Not for sure but likely based on what is happening.

ndsubison1
Committee making it tough for us to 5 peat

CalBison97
Not really. They lost 1 FCS game and played all the same conference games NDSU did.

I'm surprised everyone was just assuming NDSU would be higher.

1 FCS loss vs 2 FCS loss's.

Late-season loss as well. NDSU on a roll. It is what it is. One thing I do know is that the 'automatic qualifier' tag is absolutely pointless.

bisonmike2
11-22-2015, 03:20 PM
The winner is definitely coming from our side of the bracket.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 03:22 PM
All MVFC quarters??

No_Skill
11-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Get ready for bullshit.

BYZEN
11-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Someone needs to knock off the birds...but if I have to go to Hellmal, Ill.

aces1180
I called it!!!!

MNLonghorn10
Montana vs SDSU ! lmfao

BattleBorn
11-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Not saying ISU-R doesn't deserve #2. My understanding was it was based mostly on polls and GPI. Still didn't think we would be above 3.

scottietohottie
Let's win this thing

NDSUstudent
This a complete fing joke of a bracket.

FFBison
11-22-2015, 03:25 PM
All MVFC for us until the finals???? What the F????

aces1180
No UND!!!!!!! Hahahahaha

NDSUstudent
SS.com is burning right now!

MNLonghorn10
UND..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hmg_fJ6A4k

No_Skill
Bahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

td577
11-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Where are the shit hawks?

onbison09
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OatmealWicket92
Holy hell. This bracket

Bison 4 Life
11-22-2015, 03:27 PM
All MVFC for us until the finals???? What the F????

Did OK the first time.

scottietohottie
Ffffffffhhhhhwwwwaaaaakkkkk

td577
I did not see WIU on anyone's bracket.

bisonmike2
Looks like we are playing a second MVFC season. Brutal. The selection committee clearly has something against the MVFC.

natstar1
feels like no way ISU doesn't make it to the semi's

BYZEN
11-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Do the birds have a cake walk to the semi's? Discussion...

steelbison
Don't we have playoffs so we don't have to play conference teams? We potentially could play all MVCF teams until final. Idiotic.

MontBison
feels like no way ISU doesn't make it to the semi's

All of this. We easily have the toughest draw.

aces1180
11-22-2015, 03:30 PM
I like our chances...don't like the way the NCAA put us all on the same side, but we can win it all.

bisonaudit
11-22-2015, 03:30 PM
I guess it wasn't enough that the MVFC only lost 1 playoff game to a non conference opponent last year. Just have to go undefeated this year.

ndsubison1
11-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Fighting Hawk dreams crushed

td577
Don't we have playoffs so we don't have to play conference teams? We potentially could play all MVCF teams until final. Idiotic.

Yes, we will have to win the conference again.

NDSUstudent
Sad how the committee did this. A true hatchet job on the MVFC.

NDSUFREAK
11-22-2015, 03:33 PM
SS.com is unavailable right now...:rofl:

UncleBuck
So the committee set up the brackets to guarantee no all MVFC championship game, but a possibility, am I right, however remote, of an all CAA championship game. Any other possible all conference championship matchups? Big Sky?

Hail bison
Moglia is an arrogant douchebag

onbison09
Looks like we are playing a second MVFC season. Brutal. The selection committee clearly has something against the MVFC.
I get this, but pretty much every conference has that. All the Sky teams are one side. We just have more teams in.

oldmantutters
11-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Dollars and cents clearly won out over common sense in this year's bracket

onbison09
11-22-2015, 03:34 PM
So the committee set up the brackets to guarantee no all MVFC championship game, but a possibility, am I right, however remote, of an all CAA championship game. Any other possible all conference championship matchups? Big Sky?
They really don't need to worry about a CAA team making it that far

JMB
11-22-2015, 03:36 PM
We need to rally the fanbases at anygivensaturday.com to end the regionalization deal. It is much more enjoyable as a fan to see new teams in the tournament.

Bison4peat
We can beat the Redbirds in Normal but we can not have a BV meltdown type of day to do it.

UncleBuck
They really don't need to worry about a CAA team making it that far

Just curious, I don't have ESPNU and just going off reading posts, haven't seen a bracket.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:37 PM
I get this, but pretty much every conference has that. All the Sky teams are one side. We just have more teams in.

SUU is in the other half of the bracket...playing SHSU.

Bison Loaf
11-22-2015, 03:38 PM

I figured this might happen after last year's all-MVFC final.

I seem to recall the committee doing the same thing after the all-NCC D2 final in 1986 between NDSU and USD. The committee was going to do everything in its power to make sure an all-conference title game didn't happen again (and I don't think it ever did). I think we've got much the same thing going on here.

And for those of you thinking that UND was a lock with a win……………you've been drinking Dom & Jeff's kool-aid for too long! When are you going to finally realize that those guys have an agenda, handed down from their employers!

HerdBot
They fucked thr Missouri Valley.

As tough as our side is, Illinois State gets friggin Western Illinois in the 2nd round. Ouch. WIU tied the game up vs Illinois State until the refs screwed them and they just beat SDSU.. And then they will either be facing NDSU, Northern Iowa, or SDSU.

MHDBisonfan
No doubt our guys will be ready, but I feel bad for our conference. I think with reasonable seeding, it wouldn't have been unrealistic to see 3 or even all 4 MVFC teams in the semi's. I guess we'll have to settle for 2.

Bison 4 Life
11-22-2015, 03:39 PM
A couple opportunities at second chances here. Fuck it, go to Normal and shut them up.

aces1180
11-22-2015, 03:41 PM
CAA got screwed too.

Mr Meaty
UNI AD and the committee has some questions to answer.

td577
Just curious, I don't have ESPNU and just going off reading posts, haven't seen a bracket.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs/

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2015, 03:43 PM
this guy can't even look at the camera. hes the chairman?

tjbison
11-22-2015, 03:44 PM
wow...never thought all conference teams would be on same side

Vet70
11-22-2015, 03:45 PM
You mean to say that even after their quality FBS wins the Faux Hawks didn't make the playoffs? Okay, the Valley got screwed, NDSU got screwed and so on. We still have two games to win before anyone should even be thinking about the Redbirds. If we get that far the team isn't beyond taking care of business in Normal. Did anyone at the beginning of the year think that this was going to be easy?

OatmealWicket92
11-22-2015, 03:46 PM
The committee should realize that the national champs will come from our half

Bisonator98
11-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Committee's a joke. Put all the Valley teams on one side? Apparently the championship game last year wasn't exciting enough for those clowns!

MNLonghorn10
11-22-2015, 03:48 PM
just swap NDSU and Mcneese. Who cares if youre a 3 or 4...at least even out the brackets. Idiots.

SoCalBison
11-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Hope Montana takes care of the bunnies. I'd like to kick some Griz as payback for the season opener!

Bison 4 Life
http://i.imgur.com/5Ili0cq.jpg

onbison09
​Can't wait to hear Jay Walker's prediction

JMB
It is interesting that as a seeded team we may have to play a team that beat us for our first game...

BisManBison
11-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Who is the brain dead fuck of a spineless jellyfish that repped the MVFC on the committee? That dumbass needs to have his or her entrails removed with a spoon.

I guess Bison nation holds a lot of cards on this. One, the team can go out and play Bison football and get back to Frisco. If not, I encourage all of Bison nation to eat the tickets we bought and make sure the stadium is half empty and that there is a noticeable economic impact. Then follow that up with a letter campaign to the committee telling them to fuck off. I really am not interested in watching a replay of conference play. Committee doesn't want an all MVFC final they need to know the result of not having that possibility is a half empty stadium.

natstar1
11-22-2015, 03:53 PM
​Can't wait to hear Jay Walker's prediction

he can't pick Vernon Adams this year, or can he?

NDSUSR
Whats the URL for the UND forum not that SS is gone?

NDSUstudent
Wentz better get that wrist healed up fast.

wtffootballfan
11-22-2015, 03:54 PM
who is the brain dead fuck of a spineless jellyfish that repped the mvfc on the committee? That dumbass needs to have his or her entrails removed with a spoon.

I guess bison nation holds a lot of cards on this. One, the team can go out and play bison football and get back to frisco. If not, i encourage all of bison nation to eat the tickets we bought and make sure the stadium is half empty and that there is a noticeable economic impact. Then follow that up with a letter campaign to the committee telling them to fuck off. I really am not interested in watching a replay of conference play.

uni. A.d.

aces1180
11-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Wentz better get that wrist healed up fast.

I am not too worried about our offense...Stopping the QB run is my biggest concern.

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 03:57 PM
I am not too worried about our offense...Stopping the QB run is my biggest concern.

If we play UNI, I am absolutely worried about our offense.

HerdBot
11-22-2015, 03:57 PM
I don't have a problem with Illinois State getting the #2 seed. They earned it. I'm just glad McCheese doesn't get the #2

I have to say that being in a tough conference like the MVFC is kind of a double edged sword. If you get 5 teams in, somebody is getting screwed and it turns out it's the whole conference. Having NDSU/SDSU/ISU/WIU/UNI on the same bracket is fucking ridiculous. If I had to bet money... one of those teams goes to Frisco. Did anyone really think UND was a playoff team? Western will be a super tough test for ISU

I really hope we get Montana in the 2nd round. Sick of playing SDSU but they are probably the better team so I expect to get the Bunnies again.

OUR PATH..
Montana/SDSU
Portland Ste or UNI
??

td577
11-22-2015, 03:58 PM
UNI AD and the committee has some questions to answer.

The valley got 5 teams in. One of them with 6 wins over a shit ton of 7 win schools out there. The rest might have been the concessions made.

On the other hand, like already mentioned, other conferences are in the same boat. Pretty much every favorite in the first round will meet a conference foe in the second round. Even in the couple of situations where they aren't conference foes, they are opponents they have already faced. Even in the first round, New Hampshire and Colgate had played this year in a OOC game. So there isn't a second round game where anyone sees new blood unless there are some 1st round upsets and even then there are only a couple.

semobison
11-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Damn, if McNeese is unhappy with the 4th seed maybe they will swap with us!

NDSUstudent
11-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Damn, if McNeese is unhappy with the 4th seed maybe they will swap with us!

I would be dancing in the streets with their draw.

Bison4ever56
11-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Who is the brain dead fuck of a spineless jellyfish that repped the MVFC on the committee? That dumbass needs to have his or her entrails removed with a spoon.

I guess Bison nation holds a lot of cards on this. One, the team can go out and play Bison football and get back to Frisco. If not, I encourage all of Bison nation to eat the tickets we bought and make sure the stadium is half empty and that there is a noticeable economic impact. Then follow that up with a letter campaign to the committee telling them to fuck off. I really am not interested in watching a replay of conference play. Committee doesn't want an all MVFC final they need to know the result of not having that possibility is a half empty stadium.

Troy Dannen Director of Athletics
troy.dannen@uni.edu
319-273-2470

UncleBuck
11-22-2015, 04:01 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/football/fcs/

Just got home, thanks.

GOBISON123
11-22-2015, 04:02 PM
This is not FCS Playoffs, this is Missouri Valley Playoffs....

StL Bison Fan
The guys on the selection show picked us to win.
Maybe I'll just go with that.

We can beat all of these teams. Bring it on.

BYZEN

I seem to recall the committee doing the same thing after the all-NCC D2 final in 1986 between NDSU and USD. The committee was going to do everything in its power to make sure an all-conference title game didn't happen again (and I don't think it ever did). I think we've got much the same thing going on here.

And for those of you thinking that UND was a lock with a win……………you've been drinking Dom & Jeff's kool-aid for too long! When are you going to finally realize that those guys have an agenda, handed down from their employers!

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/meme/2014/06/Reaction-Pic---Amen-brother.jpg

tojo70
11-22-2015, 04:03 PM
OMG. I can't believe all the whining on here. Fuck 'em! Win the whole thing. What great matches we can have. Montana? Revenge! SDSU? Show them who the King of the Valley is! Then it would be another game just like the first. King of the Valley, or showing the Big Sky how to play MVFC football. Hey BISON! Shut up, strap up and piss pound these mofos. Only question now is. "Who's next?" Bring it on!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-22-2015, 04:05 PM
The "committee" has made a farce out of the FCS playoffs. Obviously the object is not, if it ever was, to get the best two teams in the nation to the championship game. This is their way of screwing the MVFC, which has become by far the most dominant FCS conference in the nation.

semobison
11-22-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't have a problem with Illinois State getting the #2 seed. They earned it. I'm just glad McCheese doesn't get the #2

I have to say that being in a tough conference like the MVFC is kind of a double edged sword. If you get 5 teams in, somebody is getting screwed and it turns out it's the whole conference. Having NDSU/SDSU/ISU/WIU/UNI on the same bracket is fucking ridiculous. If I had to bet money... one of those teams goes to Frisco. Did anyone really think UND was a playoff team? Western will be a super tough test for ISU

I really hope we get Montana in the 2nd round. Sick of playing SDSU but they are probably the better team so I expect to get the Bunnies again.

OUR PATH..
Montana/SDSU
Portland Ste or UNI
??

It's going to be tough to watch. I would rather play Montana and PSU but can I pull for the Big Sky over Valley teams??? ....Nope. I hope we have great games against our conference mates and whoever survives piss pounds the team they meet in Frisco!

bisonhp330
11-22-2015, 04:06 PM

I guess Bison nation holds a lot of cards on this. One, the team can go out and play Bison football and get back to Frisco. If not, I encourage all of Bison nation to eat the tickets we bought and make sure the stadium is half empty and that there is a noticeable economic impact. Then follow that up with a letter campaign to the committee telling them to fuck off. I really am not interested in watching a replay of conference play.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Scared-Cat-on-Stairs.gif

BisonAccountant44
11-22-2015, 04:06 PM
troy.dannen@uni.edu
319-273-2470
@UNIPantherAD
@MarkWilsonTTUAD

BisManBison
11-22-2015, 04:07 PM
troy.dannen@uni.edu
319-273-2470

Go to work Bisonville!

perthbison
11-22-2015, 04:08 PM
The "committee" has made a farce out of the FCS playoffs. Obviously the object is not, if it ever was, to get the best two teams in the nation to the championship game. This is their way of screwing the MVFC, which has become by far the most dominant FCS conference in the nation.But they did let 5 teams in

StL Bison Fan
11-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Bet the bunnies are happy.

scottietohottie
11-22-2015, 04:11 PM
The "committee" has made a farce out of the FCS playoffs. Obviously the object is not, if it ever was, to get the best two teams in the nation to the championship game. This is their way of screwing the MVFC, which has become by far the most dominant FCS conference in the nation.

If someone would have won the valley out right they would be on the opposite side of the bracket. This is what happens when you get 5 or 6 conference teams into the playoffs. It's also regionalization. Your conference should be considered your region. Got to beat the best to be the best. It sucks and the 3 seed sucks even worse but the committee was given this opportunity. Deal with it. Still got a chance.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-22-2015, 04:11 PM
The valley got 5 teams in. One of them with 6 wins over a shit ton of 7 win schools out there. The rest might have been the concessions made.

On the other hand, like already mentioned, other conferences are in the same boat. Pretty much every favorite in the first round will meet a conference foe in the second round. Even in the couple of situations where they aren't conference foes, they are opponents they have already faced. Even in the first round, New Hampshire and Colgate had played this year in a OOC game. So there isn't a second round game where anyone sees new blood unless there are some 1st round upsets and even then there are only a couple.

Maybe so, but let's not pretend that we are trying to find the best two teams in FCS for the championship game. Unless the regular season and polling doesn't mean shit.

MAKBison
11-22-2015, 04:13 PM
If someone would have won the valley out right they would be on the opposite side of the bracket. This is what happens when you get 5 or 6 conference teams into the playoffs. It's also regionalization. Your conference should be considered your region. Got to beat the best to be the best. It sucks and the 3 seed sucks even worse but the committee was given this opportunity. Deal with it. Still got a chance.
This is what you don't overlook teams.....usd.

Should have never left any doubt. Sdsu loss yesterday screwed things up.

natstar1
11-22-2015, 04:15 PM
OMG. I can't believe all the whining on here.
Seriously? You must not read the forums much.

Bison Loaf
11-22-2015, 04:16 PM
It's going to be tough to watch. I would rather play Montana and PSU but can I pull for the Big Sky over Valley teams??? ....Nope. I hope we have great games against our conference mates and whoever survives piss pounds the team they meet in Frisco!

Agree. I hate the fact that we have to see the same old teams again in the playoffs, but a more positive way to look at it is this: can there be any doubt that NDSU has, and is, completely changing the way FCS operates? From scheduling to bracket selecting. From all conference finals to pairing conferences together in the playoffs. From ESPN Gameday appearances to raising the bar for EVERYONE in FCS. And this is no surprise to those that are paying attention. We did the very same thing in Division 2.

We are the straw that stirs the drink, and have done so in 2 separate divisions now. Get used to it, people……………………and just continue to win!!

natstar1
Maybe so, but let's not pretend that we are trying to find the best two teams in FCS for the championship game. Unless the regular season and polling doesn't mean shit.

wasn't JSU #1?

bloodmakesthegrassgrow

Regionzlization flies in the face of attempting to get the two best teams in the championship game. Regionalization is what makes the FCS playoffs a farce. Not to speak of how uninteresting it makes the playoffs from both a player and fan perspective. We are probably still going to draw fans, but some of these conferences who don't draw good to start with, might really have anemic crowds.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-22-2015, 04:17 PM
wasn't JSU #1?

Yep, and SU was #2.

GOBISON123
11-22-2015, 04:18 PM
Trick plays please.....Trick Plays.....cannot rely on our young pampered D in the backfield

aces1180
11-22-2015, 04:19 PM
If we play UNI, I am absolutely worried about our offense.

No confidence in Easton? I think our O will be fine.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-22-2015, 04:20 PM
But they did let 5 teams in

But only one can get out...which was obviously their intention.

td577
11-22-2015, 04:21 PM
According to Sagarin:
1. NDSU
2. ISUr
3. Jax State
4. SDSU
5. UNI

In Normal, NDSU/ISUr is just about a dead draw.

I am not making any argument about it being a screw job, just pointing out according to one system, the right side of the bracket is pretty loaded and whoever goes to Frisco on that side will certainly have earned it. Of course the last GPI, which didn't include this week's game have the right side with the 1,3,4,5,7,and 8th schools in it.

Those two systems have the Bison at #1. So we just go out and play like a #1 program and let everything else fall into place. Sure the field looks daunting, but there won't be a school out there favored in a one on one matchup except ISUr might be by a 1/2 point at their place. They also have to get through a couple of games too. I don't think there is another program at this level who can meet the Bison preparation level when NDSU keeps the focus on one game at a time.

Bison Loaf
11-22-2015, 04:26 PM
But they did let 5 teams in

But only one can get out...which was obviously their intention.

So what………….there can only be ONE champion……………………..and that is all NDSU has ever cared about.

12-time champions don't give a crap who they play……………….. just win the son-of-a-bitch!

BisonNation11
11-22-2015, 04:26 PM
2 teams or 5 teams, the committee was matching up MV teams on the same side of the bracket and THAT is what has me furious. Second round, I understand (I don't like), but not potential for every round. THAT is BS and rewarding to the rest of the FCS. It's basically a big middle finger at the MVFC. If we don't make it, I agree everyone with tickets should eat them and prove a point to the committee and the NCAA.

aces1180
11-22-2015, 04:28 PM
2 teams or 5 teams, the committee was matching up MV teams on the same side of the bracket and THAT is what has me furious. Second round, I understand (I don't like), but not potential for every round. THAT is BS and rewarding to the rest of the FCS. It's basically a big middle finger at the MVFC. If we don't make it, I agree everyone with tickets should eat them and prove a point to the committee and the NCAA.

They did the same thing to the CAA.

BisonNation11
11-22-2015, 04:30 PM
They did the same thing to the CAA.
Excuse me for not paying attention but how many teams did they get in? All 5 on one side is tough to swallow, bcc especially considering how last year ended. We all know better.

td577
11-22-2015, 04:30 PM

I agree but when the rest of FCS is crying year after year they are losing money in the playoffs and threatening to create their own regional bowl games, I think the NCAA felt they had to do something. When the MEAC and SWAC went ahead and did it and the Ivys were already out, then it becomes real to them the next step is for a couple more conferences to say screw it and move on. So the appeasement comes in the form of don't go anywhere because we will make the playoffs less costly.

I think a better answer is 16 team playoffs and dump regionalization. If conferences want to set up back up end of season matchups for an extra regional matchup, let them. This current system is not guaranteeing the best possible championship but a replay of conference seasons to come up with 4 regional champions. Sure there might be an exciting championship game, but there is less of a chance it is the two best teams. Just the two teams to make it out of their region and out of the semis.

GOBISON123
11-22-2015, 04:32 PM
I watched the RedBirds game vs Coyotes yesterday, that game was faacked up , so much snow, slipping, sliding....suited Marshawn Coprich running very well. Cayotes D Line just could not get their hands on RedBirds

Bison Loaf
11-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Excuse me for not paying attention but how many teams did they get in? All 5 on one side is tough to swallow, bcc especially considering how last year ended. We all know better.

I feel your pain, but it is precisely BECAUSE of how last year ended…………….that this year has unfolded like it has.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-22-2015, 04:37 PM
I agree but when the rest of FCS is crying year after year they are losing money in the playoffs and threatening to create their own regional bowl games, I think the NCAA felt they had to do something. When the MEAC and SWAC went ahead and did it and the Ivys were already out, then it becomes real to them the next step is for a couple more conferences to say screw it and move on. So the appeasement comes in the form of don't go anywhere because we will make the playoffs less costly.

nk a better answer is 16 team playoffs and dump regionalization. If conferences want to set up back up end of season matchups for an extra regional matchup, let them. This current system is not guaranteeing the best possible championship but a replay of conference seasons to come up with 4 regional champions. Sure there might be an exciting championship game, but there is less of a chance it is the two best teams. Just the two teams to make it out of their region and out of the semis.

ANYTHING the NCAA is involved in is going to be screwed up. Politics is their first consideration.

BisonAccountant44
11-22-2015, 04:43 PM
The CAA has 4 teams in. All on the same side of the bracket as well.

Bison bison
11-22-2015, 04:45 PM
The committee just followed the rule which puts weight on geographical proximity throughout the playoffs.

Regionalization is going nowhere. The only way we don't play MVFC teams is if they don't make the field.

BisonNation11
11-22-2015, 04:46 PM
The CAA has 4 teams in. All on the same side of the bracket as well.
Just goes to show how small time they are turning the FCS into. How many ranked in the top 10?

JMB
11-22-2015, 04:47 PM
ANYTHING the NCAA is involved in is going to be screwed up. Politics is their first consideration.

Honestly the conspiracy theory is misplaced... Let's look at the givens. 1) The NCAA starts by seeding 8 teams and 2) Then they regionalize the rest of the field to save travel costs. (#2 sucks especially for us out west where there are not any schools, but it is the rule and is a "known" going into the process.

OK lets seed the teams.

1. Jax (not a lot of argument there)
2. ISU-R
3) NDSU
4) McNeese

Is there any argument that ISU-R and NDSU are 2 & 3 in that list (ignoring the order).

Once you establish that a MVFC team are seeded 2 and 3 (on the same side of the bracket) you set the foundation for all the MVFC teams to be on the same side of the bracket because at that point they regionalize. Since the top two teams are in the same conference the rest of the conference members are going to end up there.

Oh and regionalization sucks, but I don't think it is a conspiracy to stop a MVFC title (Unless you think we should have been seeded #4)

BisonNation11
11-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Honestly the conspiracy theory is misplaced... Let's look at the givens. 1) The NCAA starts by seeding 8 teams and 2) Then they regionalize the rest of the field to save travel costs. (#2 sucks especially for us out west where there are not any schools, but it is the rule and is a "known" going into the process.

OK lets seed the teams.

2. ISU-R
3) NDSU
4) McNeese

Is there any argument that ISU-R and NDSU are 2 & 3 in that list (ignoring the order).

Once you establish that a MVFC team are seeded 2 and 3 (on the same side of the bracket) you set the foundation for all the MVFC teams to be on the same side of the bracket because at that point they regionalize. Since the top two teams are in the same conference the rest of the conference members are going to end up there.

Oh and regionalization sucks, but I don't think it is a conspiracy to stop a MVFC title (Unless you think we should have been seeded #4)
If they honestly think we are a 3 seed, it wouldn't have been a stretch to put an undefeated team ahead of us (or ISUR for that matter since we both could have been in place of the other).

IndyBison
11-22-2015, 04:57 PM
I like this bracket because I may be able to attend a potential Bison Redbird semifinal. I wish the Bison could play tends outside of the conference, but this will happen when this many teams get in.

EC8CH
11-22-2015, 04:57 PM

You make good points. Bottom line, Regionalization sucks. Is this a college football tournament or a bake sale for the NCAA? Counting nickels in travel costs above all else really makes for some stupid brackets.

BraxtonT
11-22-2015, 04:58 PM

I was thinking the same thing in regards to your 1st paragraph.

As for the bolded part, I agree Dom and Jeff are playing the company line, but UND was announced as one of two being the 1st two out. Does anybody think Western Illinois was expecting a bid this morning? Hint, they are playing on the road next Saturday........at the non-scholarship school!!!! Did WIU bid the minimum or not at all? I would guess they did not bid.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-22-2015, 04:59 PM

OK lets seed the teams.

2. ISU-R
3) NDSU
4) McNeese

You are right in that regionalization fucks the whole thing up, as I pointed out above. If they can't run a decent playoff system, shut the damn thing down. Maybe they're trying to kill FCS by making the "playoffs" so uninteresting. I would rather see us playing JX or Portland, Mcneese, anyone from another conference rather than another conference game. This is so ridiculously stupid it begs for commonsense.

DCinOK
11-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Great chance for the Bison to shut everyone up about getting to Frisco only via the Fargodome. Win two and go to Normal and win there? Would be a testament to Bison football.

StL Bison Fan
11-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Here's another twist for the playoffs. Iowa State looking for a coach...
Let the distractions begin!

@MikeMcFeelyWDAY: Will Brock Spack getting FBS job in midst of FCS playoffs affect Redbirds' run? Didn't hurt the Fighting Bohls in 2013.

@FGOSPORTSWRITER: Iowa State opening is interesting, although I think Brock Spack is better candidate than Chris Klieman; Spack has Big Ten experience.

Bison bison
11-22-2015, 05:10 PM
You are right in that regionalization fucks the whole thing up, as I pointed out above. If they can't run a decent playoff system, shut the damn thing down. Maybe they're trying to kill FCS by making the "playoffs" so uninteresting. I would rather see us playing JX or Portland, Mcneese, anyone from another conference rather than another conference game. This is so ridiculously stupid it begs for commonsense.

This is the playoffs the subdivision wants - and it sucks.

JMB
11-22-2015, 05:10 PM

Honestly its SDSU's fault. If they would have gotten seeded on the other side of the bracket (which there was a 50/50 chance of happening), the bracket would have been much more "interesting". Instead they pissed down their leg. (Although we would have played UND or Montana in Fargo).

In any case, I don't think it is a conspiracy to deprive the MVFC, it is just the fact that ISU and NDSU were #2 and #3 (which is really the only place we could really be). But you are right, the solution is to punt on regionalization.

td577
11-22-2015, 05:31 PM

It isn't just politics, it is money. They do have TV contracts with ESPN for the playoffs and they don't lose any money in this. Host teams have to guarantee the money end. The bottom line is that if you want to play, you have to pay. The NCAA is just reacting to the threat of schools leaving. There are a couple of different dynamics to this. If you are going to lose money in the playoffs and one or two conferences are leaps and bounds above everyone else, why bother. If you are the one or two conferences that are dominating the rest of the field, when do they have enough of subsidizing the rest of the division and just set up their own bowl? If the MVFC could add a couple more quality schools, split into a couple of divisions, and have a conference championship and then have the big fluffy do the same ending with a bowl game between the two champions with ESPN contracted to cover it all at a rate that is exponentially more than the national championship, that might be more attractive. So the NCAA is trying to keep the playoff format attractive to the profitable schools by keeping the losing schools in the game and attractive to the losing schools by reducing their expenses. Right now, they must think this is the solution. The alternative is only a small handful of conferences left participating in the playoffs and the NCAA having little leverage. While it might suck for the fans, the schools still want the NCAA managing all of this because it is easier for the schools and it becomes a branding issue for them. Given the FCS level is still basketball schools playing football, most of them still just want nothing to screw up their relationship for the basketball season and just want help in minimizing the financial impact of football. Most of the member institutions don't care if it is providing the best football in the end as long as it providing the least costly football. The NCAA already knows they don't have to sell the product to NDSU, they just have to keep it viable for other areas of the country. This level is doing nothing to create new fans, just doing what they can to make sure they don't lose the ones they have outside of the dedicated ones.

This does just add credence to a true second tier of football with football committed institutions that are not at the P5 level of revenue. That is the real solution but it is moving at a snail's pace at coming.

No_Skill
11-22-2015, 05:42 PM
If money is the primary factor in making these decisions, just raise the minimum bid requirements to ensure that travel costs are not an issue and seed the entire field.

Regionalization is crap.

Bison bison
11-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Half the teams wouldn't spring for the $100,000 needed to cover travel etc.

Kujava23
11-22-2015, 05:46 PM
If money is the primary factor in making these decisions, just raise the minimum bid requirements to ensure that travel costs are not an issue and seed the entire field.

Regionalization is crap.

AMEN!!!!

Its WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN----great effort by NCAA Playoff Selection Committee to minimize NDSU's home field advantage too

JMB
11-22-2015, 05:47 PM
AMEN!!!!

Its WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN----great effort by NCAA Playoff Selection Committee to minimize NDSU's home field advantage too
I have no issue with NDSU being seeded 3rd.