PDA

View Full Version : NDSU at Minnesota.. GLEN MASON CONF!!

lakesbison
03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
I just heard through a little birdy at the TV station that caters towards George Bush. .. that NDSU @ Minnesota football game "SHOULD" be announced at GLEN MASON's 2pm Press conference... yes I said "SHOULD"

SOOOOOooooooooo thats all I got folks!!

Gophersports.com is the place to be for tickets once they go on SALE!!

LETS GO BISON!!! DAM IM EXCITED!!!!

tcbison
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Is there a link to the press conference?

BisonBryce
03-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Would that be on KFAN?

tcbison
03-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Nothing yet...more info from Hallstrom here.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

lakesbison
03-20-2006, 08:12 PM
but still havent found anything.

Sounds like MASON does a press conference at the start of SPRING PRACTICE every year... soo. your guess is as good as mine!!

watch the news at 6pm/9pm I guess!

DIBISON
03-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Steve Hallstrom of WDAYTV just announced that the Bison-Gophers game is on for October 21st. The contract isn't signed yet but after a few details are finalized its a done deal. An announcement could come as early as tommorrow morning. NDSU will still receive a $300,000 guarantee for 2006 but a higher amount for the 2007 game. It is safe to book your hotel rooms!!

MinotBison
03-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Alright, people, get those tickets now! Great news indeed. ;D ;D

BisonBryce
03-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Time to fill the Dome. I plan (expect) on seeing everyone at the lot next to the Liquor Depot come October 21.

Since Gopher fans don't tailgate, I wonder if there are any rules/restrictions for their games in those parking lots or if the standard Viking setup is the plan.

I guess I will just plan at least 5 hours prior to the game.

roadwarrior
03-21-2006, 01:53 AM
Since Gopher fans don't tailgate, I wonder if there are any rules/restrictions for their games in those parking lots or if the standard Viking setup is the plan.

The official Gopher tailgate lot is the Rapid Park lot just west of the Target Center. (it happens to be the proposed site of the new baseball stadium) Trouble is that its about a mile or so to the Metrodome from there!

SDbison
03-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Time to fill the Dome. *I plan (expect) on seeing everyone at the lot next to the Liquor Depot come October 21. *

I guess I will just plan at least 5 hours prior to the game.
Will the Alumni Association coordinate a tailgate area, or are we on our own to pick a parking lot and get the word out? If so, what is the biggest / best downtown lot that could hold Bison tailgaters? Is that the lot next to the Liquor Depot?

roadwarrior
03-21-2006, 01:59 AM
There used to be many empty lots along Washington Avenue, but they are quickly disappearing to new developments. *Soon, there will be new buildings all along that street, and very little parking for the sports fans.

I am quite certain that the NDSU Alumni Assn will be all over this one.

BisonBryce
03-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Tailgate at the Target Center lots???!?!

ARGHHH...
:-X

I think you are right. I remember hearing about that from one of my buddies there.

The lots north or behind Liquor Depot might be available but not sure what would be deemed as an accepted tailgating lot.

broke_back_mnt
03-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Exciting news!! Its only 100 miles for me! The only closer game was the old SCSU game. Mankato is 120 miles. This game is going to draw i wouldnt miss it. It will be on TV too. All Gopher games are televised. My party is already at 4 and could easily expand beyond that. I have also secured a suite on the West side of the FFD for 3 games, The Return of Rocky, The Mustang Roundup and the Boarder Battle. Its going to be a great season.

SDbison
03-21-2006, 02:14 AM
I am looking forward to the Minnesota game as well and should have at least four people with me and my wife. Looks like its going to be a large Bison crowd, 15,000, maybe more. This is going to be great! By the way welcome back JBB. I will still have a 250 mile drive, just like going to the Fargodome.

MinotBison
03-21-2006, 02:49 AM
After earlier efforts to schedule another game fell through, this seemed to get done rather quickly.

I wonder if Taylor had to do much arm twisting with Bohl for this '06 game?

sambini
03-21-2006, 02:50 AM
WHATS THE EARLY LINE?

BisBison
03-21-2006, 03:09 AM
After earlier efforts to schedule another game fell through, this seemed to get done rather quickly.

I wonder if Taylor had to do much arm twisting with Bohl for this '06 game?

I'm pretty sure Taylor and Bohl are on the same page here. Get quality I-AA games into the FFD, get at least 6 home games and try to win our conference. If we could have gotten a good I-AA team into Fargo this year that's exactly what they both would have preferred. That didn't work out this year so we took the next best thing a $$ game and close enough for a lot of Bison fans to get to. I'm getting my tickets ASAP, hopefully a Vikings game that weekend too.

kchats
03-21-2006, 03:13 AM
We could have sure used Northern Colorado on our schedule, will they play us in football again or will it only happen if we get into the Big Sky? I would like to see them on all the schedules.

NDSUstudent
03-21-2006, 03:22 AM
We could have sure used Northern Colorado on our schedule, will they play us in football again or will it only happen if we get into the Big Sky? *I would like to see them on all the schedules.

I doubt it since they haven't scheduled us for basketball since we went DI, which I still can't figure out. I would love to play them again but I think the only way it ever happens is if we are in the Sky togather.

SloStang
03-21-2006, 05:16 AM
WHATS THE EARLY LINE?
NDSU $300,000.00 and 11 games
UM a completed schedule

lakesbison
03-21-2006, 06:54 AM
1 block NORTH of LIQUOR DEPOT and 1 block due EAST of the WALKER ART Center... THATS THE LOT WE PARTY in for VIKINGS GAME>.

Diehard tailgating there..... Walk to the Dome 3 blocks for game..

EVERYONE MUST BE In 1 spot.. would be GREAT.. ill try and tell ALUMNI ASSOCiation..

target center lots are GAY!!!! and u have to take the metroline.. ICK

dabearsrule
03-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Nice job on getting the game. It should help with exposior with your program. Are there a lot of Gopher fans in N.D? In other words, is Minnesota the Mid-West's team? Much like CU is in Colorado? Good luck against them and hopefully you guys don't come out with any major injureys.

MplsBison
03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
WHATS THE EARLY LINE?

My guess:

Minnesota -28.

Bisondad
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm unsure if it is the right time to play Minnesota or not, but I can imagine this is going to do wonders for NDSU football ticket sales for ALL home games. To the local residents, this will really bring NDSU football to it's highest possible level. I think you'll see a groundswell of support for Bison Football that would not be achieved any other way. I'm excited!

BisonBacker
03-21-2006, 03:11 PM
I agree there is reason for concern regarding injuries but that is the case in all Football games. As far as playing the Gophers I am hoping to get there for the game and would rather we play them on a regular basis then other DI's unless its a team like Nebraska or Iowa with more regional interest. I for one am excited about the new era of Football at NDSU and the better level of competition. After all we have always said to be the best you have to play the best. We are building and growing. This will be a huge for us in recruiting, think about it. As far as the point margin is concerened remember what everyone said about the Mens Basketball team when it came time to play Wisconsin. Don't get me wrong I'm not making predictions but just saying that any given Sunday you have to come out and play the game no matter who you are. For the naysayers would you rather we settle for less? Isn't there other schools in the area that are already doing that? I'm pumped about the game and I think when it gets closer to game time all Bison fans will be also even those who were not in favor of the game.

0505gobison
03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Everyone needs to relax! The game hasn't even been announced yet and we're talking about parking lots before the game and an early line? I'm a Bison fan through and through, but we all need to remember that the gophers ane a very good division I football team right now.

tony
03-21-2006, 03:31 PM
bigskybears, there are a lot more Bison football fans in North Dakota than Gophers fans and a lot more North Dakotans go to Bison games than Gophers games. OTOH, it's pretty safe to say that a lot more folks follow the Vikings than the Bison.

BisonBacker
03-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Everyone needs to relax! The game hasn't even been announced yet and we're talking about parking lots before the game and an early line? I'm a Bison fan through and through, but we all need to remember that the gophers ane a very good division I football team right now.
Maybe you need to talk to WDAY,KTHI,KXJB as they all have pretty much said the same thing, unless you have had your head in the sand this thing is a done deal just waiting for the formalities. I think you may want to relaxe yourself, nothing wrong with fans excited about the upcoming football season.

lakesbison
03-21-2006, 05:09 PM
cmon dude!! KVRR FOX TV.. broke it first!!

anyways... they said Mason's Press Conference is at 2pm today I THINK!!

I would say that there are PLENTY of Minnesota Gopher fans in NODAK and SODAK.... dont you agree tony??

TAILGATING NORTH OF LIQUOR DEPOT ... EAST of WALKER ARTS!!! thats where the DIEHARD viking fans party at..

go_bison
03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
I tailgated at that Target Center parking lot for a vikings game in '04. The Metroline wasn't runnig yet so they had shuttle busses to the metrodome and back. The parking is nice and big, I liked it. The metroline sucks, took it last year to the game. Easy to get to the Dome, impossible to get on after the game. Might be better for a Gopher game.

BISON_IN_MN
03-21-2006, 06:17 PM
http://www.gophersports.com/sportsNews/press_release.asp?news_id=12217&sport_id=mfball

They say this will be available to listen to... Or go to

www.gophersports.com

and it is the first item on the list...

BisonBryce
03-21-2006, 06:21 PM
thanks BISON_IN_MN. +++

1 PM airtime on the conference. stream avail 30 minutes before.

BISON_IN_MN
03-21-2006, 06:30 PM
You can now get into the stream...

45 minutes after the conference you can catch the link.

Green-N-Gold
03-21-2006, 06:46 PM
FYI- just rec'd a response from the Gopher ticket office and they already have the NDSU game listed for 10/21. Yeah baby! $25/each. :D

RodentiaX
03-21-2006, 06:47 PM
I had to create a new User ID. I couldn't retrieve my password. My computer at home remembers my password, but I'm not at home. Anyway...

Here's a trick to getting on the light rail after a game at the Metrodome: Don't try to get on at the Metrodome station. Instead, walk north to the next stop - it's just a couple blocks. The lines will be short at this station, and you can get on easily.

If you're staying at a hotel in the Twin cities you can save some money by staying at one near the Mall of America and taking the light rail rather than staying at the more expensive downtown hotels.

I would like to see more trains added around game times, or add more cars to the trains, or even adding a metrdome express train.

Green-N-Gold
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
FYI- just rec'd a response from the Gopher ticket office and they already have the NDSU game listed for 10/21. *Yeah baby! $25/each. * :D

On sale date - TBA

go_bison
03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
What month do tickets usually go on sale for Gopher football?

lakesbison
03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
anyone getting it? its 1:02 and its silent??

RodentiaX
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
bigskybears, there are a lot more Bison football fans in North Dakota than Gophers fans and a lot more North Dakotans go to Bison games than Gophers games. OTOH, it's pretty safe to say that a lot more folks follow the Vikings than the Bison.

It's hard to quantify, because being a Bison fan and being a Gophers fan aren't exclusive. Until the Bison made the move to D-I people who were fans of both never had to make a choice. I would imagine that there are plenty of Bison fans who will go to the Fargodome and watch the Gophers on TV.

I'd certainly agree that more North Dakotans go to Bison games than to Gophers games. It's a long drive to Minneapolis. I'm sure there are some North Dakotans who make the drive to Minneapolis for an occasional Gophers games, but I doubt there are many who do it often.

I think it's safe to say that Minnesota is probably the most followed I-A program in the area.

One thing I love about the internet is that it allows you to follow your team where ever you are.

lakesbison
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
SPEAK UP MASON!!

u can barely hear. it

BISON_IN_MN
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Finally, some sound...

tcbison
03-21-2006, 07:07 PM
So far it is not done very well at all. Sometimes you hear someone talk but not really about anything. Maybe technical difficulties?

tcbison
03-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Now it is working. Get to the good stuff already.

lakesbison
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
incredbly.. boring...... sounds like the charlie brown teacher... with the muffled voice..

please mason. .just say NDSU at Metrodome.... 10.21 so I can leave...

those reporters must be hanging themselves with their ties.....

NO WONDER HE CANT RECRUIT!!

BisonBryce
03-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not surprised. this is a prep for spring game where you talk about the new recruits like he is doing. what you have lost and gain on your team, your staff.

BisonBryce
03-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Nothing was mentioned in regards to their schedule. Again I'm not that surprised.

lakesbison
03-21-2006, 07:36 PM
DAM MIT!!

NOTHING..

just talked about his players... dam dam dam

lakesbison
03-21-2006, 07:39 PM
talked 2 gopher sports office..

they said.. they cant announce it until the A.D announces it.. but they do have a "GAME" at HOME on 10/21...

Tickets would go on Sale MID APRIL...

soo watch the website she said!!!

RodentiaX
03-21-2006, 07:42 PM
No announcement was made, and although I hard a hard time hearing the reporters, I don't think that the question was even asked. Mason did say something about other big announcements being made in the future.

Green-N-Gold
03-21-2006, 08:02 PM
talked 2 gopher sports office..

they said.. they cant announce it until the A.D announces it.. but they do have a "GAME" at HOME on 10/21...

Tickets would go on Sale MID APRIL...

soo watch the website she said!!!

See my previous post... The e-mail they sent had the schedule and it says NDSU.

go_bison
03-21-2006, 08:03 PM
So....can I book a hotel room yet..... ???

Bison_Dan
03-21-2006, 08:30 PM
So....can I book a hotel room yet..... ???

I would wait and see if NDSU gets a hotel for fans and teammakers. There's sure to be events to go to. Can't wait!!

imabison
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
No announcement was made, and although I hard a hard time hearing the reporters, I don't think that the question was even asked. Mason did say something about other big announcements being made in the future.

gobison.com has the announcement. Nothing but the previous Bison records against Big 10, and the dates.

RodentiaX
03-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I just sent gobison.com an e-mail. They said that the Gophers and the Bison have met 4 times, but in reality they met 6 times. They left out the 1901 game and the 1903 game.

TheDoctor
03-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Its a good thing you sent them an email....they'll probably update it right away. Misinformation like that could cause masssssss pandamonium. ;)

BisonMav
03-22-2006, 02:19 AM
I would wait and see if NDSU gets a hotel for fans and teammakers. *There's sure to be events to go to. *Can't wait!!

Book it Danno! :)

Sorry I couldn't resist 8)

CaBisonFan
03-22-2006, 05:12 AM
I just heard through a little birdy at the TV station that caters towards George Bush. .. that NDSU @ Minnesota football game "SHOULD" be announced at GLEN MASON's 2pm Press conference... *yes I said "SHOULD"

SOOOOOooooooooo *thats all I got folks!! *

Gophersports.com is the place to be for tickets once they go on SALE!!

LETS GO BISON!!! DAM IM EXCITED!!!!

There's a station left that caters towards bush?

I'd check the source to see if the "intelligence" is correct.

Just kidding. This is exciting....but a little scary.

imabison
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Dan Micheals on KFGO 790 just said that Gene Taylor will be a guest on the show tomorrow morning to talk about the Bison vs Gopher game.

Not sure *about the time, but normally they schedule sports guests after 7:45 AM.

He also announced that Gene Taylor will be his guest each and every Thursday morning with a Bison Athletics update. *

kchats
03-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Hopefully that Bison update involves updates on the conference search. That is the most important issue facing NDSU athletics.

NanoBison
03-23-2006, 09:04 AM
I'll be holding my breath until 2008 when we will actually be eligble for playoffs. This is one topic though I wouldn't mind being proven wrong in.

RedRiver
07-14-2006, 12:56 PM
The game will start at 2:30 PM. Not too bad of a start time!!

BisonMav
07-14-2006, 01:35 PM
KSTP and Reusse were joking about the Gophers non-conference schedule today. They don't think the Gophers will win 6 games with the 3 gimme's prior to conference games.

markerman
07-14-2006, 02:31 PM
KSTP and Reusse were joking about the Gophers non-conference schedule today. *They don't think the Gophers will win 6 games with the 3 gimme's prior to conference games.

I would hardly call Cal a gimme, Patrick...

broke_back_mnt
07-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Were they giving the BISON some respect? After all we play on Oct. 21, during the middle of the Big Ten season.

BisonMav
07-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Were they giving the BISON some respect? *After all we play on Oct. 21, during the middle of the Big Ten season.

No, NDSU got lumped in with Kent St & Temple.

mikelsch
07-14-2006, 04:04 PM
At least NDSU got higher media priority than Kent State (ESPN 360) and Temple (no TV as of yet)

sambini
07-14-2006, 07:24 PM
+++++++++++++

DIBISON
07-15-2006, 04:36 AM
The game will start at 2:30 PM. *Not too bad of a start time!!

A good starting time as you can tailgate before and after the game. Also, good time for statewide TV coverage in ND over the ABC network.

roadwarrior
07-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Also a great starting time for those that plan on driving from ND but dont plan on staying the night in the cities.

RodentiaX
07-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Ruesse makes McFeely look like a homer. It's a little bit hard to take his assessment too seriously.

IowaBison
07-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Also a great starting time for those that plan on driving from ND but dont plan on staying the night in the cities.

makes for great chartering service as well.

$X package

travel
ticket
a pre-game meal

leave at 8 be back at 9 or so.....

RodentiaX
07-16-2006, 06:09 AM
If you are planning on staying in the Twin Cities, you can save money by staying at a hotel near the MoA. Catch a free shuttle to the Mall or drive to the Mall (free parking) and take the light rail to the Metrodome.

If you take the light rail to the Metrodome, here's one important trick for the return ride. The trains will be crowded coming back. You can of course avoid the lines by finding something to do downtown. But if you want to get back to your hotel and avoid the lines at the train, here's what you do: walk north about two blocks to the next train station. The train will be less crowded there.

IowaBison
07-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Can I take my grill, 20 lbs of brats, and three cases of beer on the light rail?

Maybe I should drive. :)

Sticks
07-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Can I take my grill, 20 lbs of brats, and three cases of beer on the light rail?

Maybe I should drive. * :)

There...but maybe not HOME.... ;)

Bison1973
07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
When he goes home the brats and beer will be gone!!

Sticks
07-18-2006, 08:34 PM
When he goes home the brats and beer will be gone!!

....exactly why HE shouldn't drive home!! * This was suppose to be funny! * :D:)