PDA

View Full Version : FBS Top 4 week 2

ByeSonBusiness
11-18-2015, 12:30 PM
1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. The Ohio State
4. Notre Dame

Thoughts? I think Iowa should be in right now instead of Ohio State but that will sort itself out. Oklahoma would have a strong argument but MN Longhorn's boys beat them. I'd love it to stay this way as I think Notre Dame can beat Clemson in a rematch. They had a great but frustrating game in the monsoon earlier this season.

JDZ
11-18-2015, 01:46 PM
I think Iowa is ranked too high and Oklahoma is ranked too low.

But, I think the committee is just positioning itself to be prepared for the outcome of the remaining games. If Iowa wins out and wins the Big 10 championship game, they're in, and should be. If one of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, or Baylor win out, then they'd be tough to keep out, but they can probably find an excuse to keep them out if they want to.

mango
11-18-2015, 01:56 PM
I think Iowa is ranked too high and Oklahoma is ranked too low.

But, I think the committee is just positioning itself to be prepared for the outcome of the remaining games. If Iowa wins out and wins the Big 10 championship game, they're in, and should be. If one of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, or Baylor win out, then they'd be tough to keep out, but they can probably find an excuse to keep them out if they want to.

I have a tough time seeing how Baylor jumps Notre Dame if both teams win out, especially if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12. Baylor has a 10 point loss to Oklahoma at home while Notre Dame has a 2 point loss to the No. 1 team on the road in the rain. That being said, as a Notre Dame fan, I'm cheering for Baylor this weekend against Oklahoma State. Just want the Big 12 to keep cannibalizing itself and Notre Dame should be in if they win out.

ByeSonBusiness
11-18-2015, 02:11 PM
I have a tough time seeing how Baylor jumps Notre Dame if both teams win out, especially if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12. Baylor has a 10 point loss to Oklahoma at home while Notre Dame has a 2 point loss to the No. 1 team on the road in the rain. That being said, as a Notre Dame fan, I'm cheering for Baylor this weekend against Oklahoma State. Just want the Big 12 to keep cannibalizing itself and Notre Dame should be in if they win out.

I am thinking the same. Plus, it's virtually impossible to know with the Big 12 because they play nobody. At all. They don't even appear to try to.

mango
11-18-2015, 02:15 PM
I am thinking the same. Plus, it's virtually impossible to know with the Big 12 because they play nobody. At all. They don't even appear to try to.

And Oklahoma has the worst loss of any 1-loss team. Texas is a common opponent between Notre Dame and Oklahoma and the Irish absolutely dominated that game. Yeah, the Irish are a completely different team but I have a tough team seeing how Oklahoma jumps Notre Dame based on the common opponent, but that might just be the homer in me talking.

I just want to see Baylor take out Oklahoma State this weekend and then the Cowboys turn around and take out the Sooners in Bedlam.

Bisonville GasMan
11-18-2015, 02:46 PM
My wife is from Iowa and a Hawkeye fan at heart (but a hardcore Bison convert) and me a life long Bison fan with ties to Univ of Iowa...it's been a really good football season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HandoEX
11-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Let's all pull for Iowa winning out, including the National Championship. It'll make our win in Iowa City that much sweeter next year!!!

BisonNation11
11-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Let's all pull for Iowa winning out, including the National Championship. It'll make our win in Iowa City that much sweeter next year!!!

That and a possible matchup of National Champions... Something a few on here have asked for in the past.

bisonaudit
11-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Here's what your New Year's Bowl line up would include based on the latest from the committee:

Semifinals:
Orange (because ACC): #1 Clemson v. #4 Notre Dame
Cotton: #2 Alabama v. #3 Ohio State

Sugar:
#6 Oklahoma State (Big 12) v. #8 Florida (SEC)

Rose:
#5 Iowa (Big 10) v. #11 Stanford (PAC 12)

Peach & Fiesta pick 4:
#16 Navy (highest non-contract conference champion)
#7 Oklahoma (next highest)
#9 Michigan State (next highest)
#10 Baylor (next highest)

Guessing Navy/Baylor Peach Bowl and Oklahoma/Michigan State Fiesta Bowl.

JDZ
11-18-2015, 04:24 PM
I have a tough time seeing how Baylor jumps Notre Dame if both teams win out, especially if Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big 12.
Good point. I probably should not have included Baylor in my statement. Also, good point about Oklahoma. Notre Dame should remain higher than OU, assuming they both win out.

I agree when it comes to OSU, Baylor, and TCU. But, according to Sagarin, Big 12 teams have 4 of the 8 toughest schedules and 6 of the 13 toughest. OU's schedule is slightly easier than Notre Dame's.

ByeSonBusiness
11-18-2015, 10:58 PM
Good point. I probably should not have included Baylor in my statement. Also, good point about Oklahoma. Notre Dame should remain higher than OU, assuming they both win out.

I agree when it comes to OSU, Baylor, and TCU. But, according to Sagarin, Big 12 teams have 4 of the 8 toughest schedules and 6 of the 13 toughest. OU's schedule is slightly easier than Notre Dame's.

I just struggle with the Big 12. Are they propping themselves up with those games against one another inside the Sagarin?

I'm not sure how those ratings always work.

bisonaudit
11-18-2015, 11:10 PM
I just struggle with the Big 12. Are they propping themselves up with those games against one another inside the Sagarin?

I'm not sure how those ratings always work.

Their schedules are better than Ohio State's to this point.

The same argument could be made about the MVFC; except aesthetically we prefer the style of football played in that conference compared to the Big 12.

Sagarin actually likes the SEC-West and the MVFC more than the Big 12 or the Big Sky so I don't think there's a tremendous bias style wise.