PDA

View Full Version : Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

admin
11-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Got a PM because a user (daveds) couldn't get registered. Turns out that he was in the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue.

Here's how the registration process works:

1. You register (which puts you in "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue
2. The board automatically sends you an email that you have to click a link on to get into the "Users Awaiting Moderation" queue (this is where I have to manually approve a user - this is to weed out spammers)
3. I check your IP address and user name to make sure that they're not listed as spam or that somebody with the same user name hasn't registered on 100 bulletin boards in the last week.

What I found is that there are over 1000 users in the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue which means that the email that bisonville.com sends out automatically must be getting flagged as spam by peoples' email systems fairly frequently. Just based on the email addresses, I can tell that the vast majority were not spambots (because spambots would be very useless if they failed to that step.)

Bottom line: Trying to get registered on bisonville.com has been a very frustrating and unsuccessful process for a lot of people. Sorry about that - I'll try to come up with a solution.

Bison bison
11-18-2015, 01:19 AM
Enough assholes in this place already.

CAS4127
11-18-2015, 01:38 AM
LMAO!!

Sent from my iPhone.

BYZEN
11-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Explains why we haven't heard from Dragonsfan lately???

Purple
Sent from my Windows phone using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
11-18-2015, 04:45 PM
We need to throughly vet these people. Who knows what could happen