PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Bo Pelini

duluthbison
11-14-2015, 09:17 PM
I have never seen anything like that in my life. Youngstown should be ashamed of their head coaches behavior. However he did give us great field position in the end!

td577
11-14-2015, 09:18 PM
YSU doesn't get ashamed by anything.

Kevin
11-14-2015, 09:19 PM
He hurt his team today. It's nothing new.

Win or lose, I'm thankful we have Chris Klieman at North Dakota State.

duluthbison
11-14-2015, 09:20 PM
YSU doesn't get ashamed by anything.

This is true. I'm sure Nebraska fans watching were thankful to have that skid mark out of their school.

Hammerhead
11-14-2015, 09:20 PM
That's probably one reason why Nebraska sent him and his potty mouth packing. You could hear him call a game a official a F---ing coward when still trying to complain about that last pass interference penalty.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/bo-pelini-nebraska-reaction

kristind
11-14-2015, 09:22 PM
I have never seen anything like that in my life. Youngstown should be ashamed of their head coaches behavior. However he did give us great field position in the end!
Crazy. Did I see police on the field because of the coaches anger issues??? Wow.... Shameful

westnodak93bison
11-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Crazy. Did I see police on the field because of the coaches anger issues??? Wow.... Shameful
#loudmoutheditalians

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
11-14-2015, 09:26 PM
He belongs in his hometown. Match made in heaven.

Bisonguy
11-14-2015, 09:27 PM

To protect the refs from the fans and coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonboone11
11-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Did he get the penalty when we had the ball or after we scored? I was trying to figure it out reading on here, but couldn't decipher what was going on.

TAILG8R
11-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Did he get the penalty when we had the ball or after we scored? I was trying to figure it out reading on here, but couldn't decipher what was going on.

Which penalty? He got two.

Bisonguy
11-14-2015, 09:30 PM

After. The penalty when YSU was on defense was for 12 men on the field.

westnodak93bison
11-14-2015, 09:31 PM
He belongs in his hometown. Match made in heaven.
He is an idiot. He bad mouthed the NE fan base. One of the top 5 in the nation. Most coaches would give their left but to coach at the top level and instead of embrace it and use it to his advantage he bucked the system was butt hurt from a little critisism and lashed out.

duluthbison
11-14-2015, 09:32 PM
I was really hoping he would get another and be ejected from the game. He had what, 2 unsportsmanlike penalties for 30 yards in the end?

1st&TennBison
11-14-2015, 09:33 PM
I am dying to see his post game interview, does anyone know where I can watch it.

td577
11-14-2015, 09:33 PM
I was really hoping he would get another and be ejected from the game. He had what, 2 unsportsmanlike penalties for 30 yards in the end?

15 and then 1/2 the distance. I think he was about to get a third when the official just wanted to get out of there.

duluthbison
11-14-2015, 09:35 PM
After. The penalty when YSU was on defense was for 12 men on the field.

His reaction to that made no sense either. It was like he was pissed that the ref called a bad penalty or something. I have no idea how you argue against 12 men on the field.

td577
11-14-2015, 09:42 PM
I am dying to see his post game interview, does anyone know where I can watch it.

It will be classic.

He had a right to be pissed. The PI call was crap. While that didn't end their season completely by itself, it would have made for an interesting play for the Bison if there was no call, which would be correct. I am still not sure how the 12th man penalty happened without the offense being set. That one I will have to look up. It looked like he wanted an explanation, but it is tough to get one when you are yelling at the ref who is trying to tell you. So while he had the right to be pissed, the tantrum was way out of line. Following an official off the field after the game wasn't very cool either. The only thing I saw he did right was act civilized to Coach K. I don't like games where refs become part of the game. It wasn't like either team needed a whole lot of help when the other was playing poorly.

Bison4x
11-14-2015, 09:43 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/u5fbz.jpg

There was a penalty. He is a moron.

Kevin
11-14-2015, 09:43 PM
It will be classic.

He had a right to be pissed. The PI call was crap. While that didn't end their season completely by itself, it would have made for an interesting play for the Bison if there was no call, which would be correct. I am still not sure how the 12th man penalty happened without the offense being set. That one I will have to look up. It looked like he wanted an explanation, but it is tough to get one when you are yelling at the ref who is trying to tell you. So while he had the right to be pissed, the tantrum was way out of line. Following an official off the field after the game wasn't very cool either. The only thing I saw he did right was act civilized to Coach K. I don't like games where refs become part of the game. It wasn't like either team needed a whole lot of help when the other was playing poorly.

Disagree:

td577
11-14-2015, 09:49 PM
His reaction to that made no sense either. It was like he was pissed that the ref called a bad penalty or something. I have no idea how you argue against 12 men on the field.

I would have to see the replay, but they threw the flag before the snap was imminent. I think that is what Pelini was pissed about. It isn't illegal substitution on the defense until the offense breaks the huddle, because what I understand, you can briefly retain 12 guys on defense to anticipate the formation but not more than for three seconds. I am trying to find the best answer. Hopefully Indy will come to the rescue.

1st&TennBison
11-14-2015, 09:50 PM
It will be classic.

So was the penalty against CJ Smith after #35 tipped the pass, but no one seems to upset about that. A penalty is a penalty no matter when or where it happens, last play of the game or the first.

td577
11-14-2015, 09:50 PM
Disagree:

That's a good image. I didn't see the sleeve being pulled before. Was the ball even catchable? Now I am going to have to go back and watch that play again.

Kevin
11-14-2015, 09:51 PM
That's a good image. I didn't see the sleeve being pulled before. Was the ball even catchable? Now I am going to have to go back and watch that play again.

I rewatched it a few times. I think it was a good call.

HerdBot
11-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Refs got it right

td577
11-14-2015, 09:55 PM
So was the penalty against CJ Smith after #35 tipped the pass, but no one seems to upset about that. A penalty is a penalty no matter when or where it happens, last play of the game or the first.

There were a lot of bad calls. It doesn't mean you work on evening them out. After seeing the image Kevin put up, I think the PI call might be legitimate. I was watching on KVLY, how was I supposed to get a good angle on the fly? While Pelini can still be upset if he wants, the petulant child routine should cost him money. He has enough for a while, so it probably doesn't hurt yet.

ByeSonBusiness
11-14-2015, 09:57 PM
It will be classic.

Agreed completely. Honestly I don't see why any ref puts up with players or coaches chirping at them. No coach or player is watching the game without bias so their input really isn't worth listening to.

There was a penalty. He is a moron.

Tell ya what, if that was CJ people here would be bitching and moaning... Rightfully so. That was a shit call.

Kevin
11-14-2015, 09:57 PM
There were a lot of bad calls. It doesn't mean you work on evening them out. After seeing the image Kevin put up, I think the PI call might be legitimate. I was watching on KVLY, how was I supposed to get a good angle on the fly? While Pelini can still be upset if he wants, the petulant child routine should cost him money. He has enough for a while, so it probably doesn't hurt yet.

The radio guys were quick to say that the PI call was legit because JJ had the same angle as the ref, which was opposite of what we had on TV.

Either way it's stupid for YSU to hang their hat on that play. They got out worked in the 4th and their coach did them absolutely no favors.

BisonEngrGirl
11-14-2015, 09:58 PM

Yes, I would definitely say the ball was catchable. If Moody hadn't been kept from jumping up, he could have grabbed it.

Kevin
11-14-2015, 09:58 PM
Agreed completely. Honestly I don't see why any ref puts up with players or coaches chirping at them. No coach or player is watching the game without bias so their input really isn't worth listening to.

Tell ya what, if that was CJ people here would be bitching and moaning... Rightfully so. That was a shit call.

How? He has a handful of jersey on a ball that he could feasible make a play on. That's going to get called every time.

WFBisonFan
11-14-2015, 10:01 PM

We'd complain, but because he grabbed....call was correct.

wagsabison
11-14-2015, 10:01 PM
I thought it was a terrible call at the time but that pic confirms it

Kevin
11-14-2015, 10:02 PM

We all did. Camera was a terrible angle for the play. Ref was right behind them.

1st&TennBison
11-14-2015, 10:40 PM
How? He has a handful of jersey on a ball that he could feasible make a play on. That's going to get called every time.

I can't think of any level of football where when the ref sees a jersey getting pulled like that before the catch that PI isn't going to get called, it is just common sense unless the ball is thrown into the stands and declared untouchable that a penalty is going to be called. People should get more pissed about the penalty against CJ Smith after #35 tipped the ball.

bandit218
11-14-2015, 10:42 PM
That's probably one reason why Nebraska sent him and his potty mouth packing. You could hear him call a game a official a F---ing coward when still trying to complain about that last pass interference penalty.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/bo-pelini-nebraska-reaction

They said Nebraska is paying him over $4k a day not to be there. If it was that bad, I would have asked for an even $5000.

td577
11-14-2015, 10:46 PM
I can't think of any level of football where when the ref sees a jersey getting pulled like that before the catch that PI isn't going to get called, it is just common sense unless the ball is thrown into the stands and declared untouchable that a penalty is going to be called. People should get more pissed about the penalty against CJ Smith after #35 tipped the ball.

While I think this was something that was addressed last year in the playoffs, but the tip isn't reviewable? I guess another question is if they even had replay today because I know the one run by #20 was out at the 29, not the 27.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-14-2015, 10:53 PM
It will be classic.

You're day late, and dollar short.

td577
11-14-2015, 10:59 PM
You're day late, and dollar short.

It took you over an hour to come up with that?

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-14-2015, 10:59 PM
I think Pelini knew it was over and so he didn't hold back.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-14-2015, 11:00 PM
It took you over an hour to come up with that?

I had to go eat supper. Fix an adult beverage and lite up a fine cigar.

Bison bison
11-14-2015, 11:01 PM

That's how kids wear clothes these days.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-14-2015, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=NDB2;1062806]That's how kids wear clothes these days.[/QUOT

It was very catchable.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-14-2015, 11:04 PM
People catch balls with one hand, if it's anywhere close it has to be considered catchable.

JustinTyem
11-14-2015, 11:20 PM
http://ysusports.com/landing/index

HerdBot
11-14-2015, 11:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TxKd8-drr0&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Whiney beeeyotch

KilldeerBison
11-14-2015, 11:55 PM

So.. does this mean officials life's matter?

Bison Bridge Guy
11-15-2015, 12:02 AM
I watched ISU-r last week and Spack had some ridiculous moments too including yelling at an official "that was fuckin bullshit" among other things. I thought about starting a thread to debate who was the biggest d-bag coach in the conference. Rat-faced dick bag Pelini rendered that thought unnecessary.

RonMexico
11-15-2015, 12:10 AM
While I think this was something that was addressed last year in the playoffs, but the tip isn't reviewable? I guess another question is if they even had replay today because I know the one run by #20 was out at the 29, not the 27.

The tip didn't matter. It wasn't a penalty for pass interference. The penalty was for illegal roughness, for spinning the guy around and tossing him aside after the whistle..

And yes..the tip ball is reviewable.

td577
11-15-2015, 12:13 AM
The tip didn't matter. It wasn't a penalty for pass interference. The penalty was for illegal roughness, for spinning the guy around and tossing him aside after the whistle..

And yes..the tip ball is reviewable.
That's right. Thank you.

BisonHorns
11-15-2015, 12:16 AM
If our coach was like that I would give up my tickets.

Dakotaboy
11-15-2015, 01:07 AM
I remember watching Woody Hayes who at the time was Ohio State's coach, and he would make Bo Pelini look like Cindarella.

RockyMountainBison
11-15-2015, 01:08 AM

I think this is the point of the thread. I don't think we've ever had a coach act like this during or after a game. Wolford was an asshole too. I personally couldn't stand for THAT representing my alma mater, ever.

56BISON73
11-15-2015, 01:18 AM

I thought on the second you were supposed to get ejected?

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 01:18 AM
Wow Pelini's meltdown went national....twitter blew up about it.

td577
11-15-2015, 01:24 AM

I thought if you touched a ref you were ejected.

Hammersmith
11-15-2015, 01:28 AM

I believe that rule only applies to players, not coaches/sidelines.

southcliffbison
11-15-2015, 01:30 AM

Could I buy your tickets from you? My standards aren't quite so high.......

perthbison
11-15-2015, 01:32 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhen it happened live I figured the Bison got a gift. The replay on TV immediately after seemed to show the dbacks arm around with his left hand against our recievers back with his right hand making contact to the front of the receiver. As I watched the replay it looked like there was no pressure such as a tug or pull or push from the dback that would slow or affect the receiver, but in all fairness to the ref, with the debacks arms and hands the way they were and going at game speed I can see where he made that call.

Mr Meaty
11-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Peneli is a jackass!!!!!'

NDSU1980
11-15-2015, 01:33 AM
Story about the meltdown in the Washington Post. They called us the "Leathernecks". What a bunch of idiots.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/11/14/bo-pelini-suffers-another-meltdown-in-youngstown-state-loss-to-ndsu/

Hammersmith
11-15-2015, 01:35 AM
Schnepf weighs in: http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini

twinterfun
11-15-2015, 01:46 AM

The penalty on CJ was for a roughing after he twirled the receiver and threw him down. Ticky tac in my book but it seemed like CJ could have let up somewhat.

HerdBot
11-15-2015, 01:56 AM
Schnepf weighs in: http://www.inforum.com/sports/3883095-schnepf-unfortunately-we-have-come-expect-these-tirades-bo-pelini

Good article except for the McDonald's comment. Bo got 8 million when he got canned so he could buy a McDonalds.

bisonp
11-15-2015, 01:57 AM
Story about the meltdown in the Washington Post. They called us the "Leathernecks". What a bunch of idiots.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/11/14/bo-pelini-suffers-another-meltdown-in-youngstown-state-loss-to-ndsu/
Wow...that's the top-read story on the Washington Post right now.

NDSU1980
11-15-2015, 02:01 AM

I see they corrected it to "the visiting Bison" now.

southcliffbison
11-15-2015, 02:16 AM
I see they corrected it to "the visiting Bison" now.

Bo P is a dick......pure and simple......give him two more years at Jim Tressel University unless he makes a deep run in the PO's in the next couple of years. If not, it's Bye, Bye, Bo.

A1pigskin
11-15-2015, 02:54 AM
If I was Pelini's AD I would be pissed.

BlueBisonRock
11-15-2015, 02:57 AM
If I was Pelini's AD I would be pissed.

The same could / should be said about his institution's president.

Kevin
11-15-2015, 03:05 AM
Wasn't it November meltdowns (both in terms of team play and the coach's behavior) what spelled the end of Wolford?

Nothing seems any different except the national media didn't care when Wolford acted like a baby.

EC8CH
11-15-2015, 04:07 AM
Remember WahWahWolford asking the reporter if he thought it was a cheap shot... Just like Pelini asking the reporter what he thought about the pass interference call... Ahhh Youngstown, don't you ever change :)

HerdBot
11-15-2015, 04:40 AM
Remember WahWahWolford asking the reporter if he thought it was a cheap shot... Just like Pelini asking the reporter what he thought about the pass interference call... Ahhh Youngstown, don't you ever change :)

Oh yeah this cheap shot. Balls still in the QBs hand
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/asset.php?fid=2982&uid=561&d=1384647491

runtheoption
11-15-2015, 06:10 AM
Pelini is a Walford.

1st&TennBison
11-15-2015, 01:18 PM
I remember watching Woody Hayes who at the time was Ohio State's coach, and he would make Bo Pelini look like Cindarella.

I remember watching him punch that Clemson player. Hayes had a history of that apparently as he punched a cameraman back in 1977 during a Michigan game and one other time in the 80s as well. The state of Ohio seems to have a problem with head coaches losing it.

Ndsu84
11-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Pelini is a joke. He completely embarrassed Nebraska. I hope NDSU would never tolerate a moron like that.

Somewhere I read it was Pelini's brother Carl that got the second penalty. Was that bs? Seems to me that's still on the head coach.

bisonp
11-15-2015, 02:28 PM

Still the top read story. More than Paris or Rousey. I didn't know he was so popular.

Mr Meaty
11-15-2015, 02:31 PM
Still the top read story. More than Paris or Rousey. I didn't know he was so popular.

People love a train wreck. Pepini is all of that

westnodak93bison
11-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Except in the NBA. :p. Where the stars get the calls especially at the end of the game.

stevdock
11-15-2015, 02:44 PM

Be careful with this statement. I think he's toned it down this year, but Klieman was starting to get a bad reputation of going after the refs.

Bison 4 Life
11-15-2015, 02:48 PM
Be careful with this statement. I think he's toned it down this year, but Klieman was starting to get a bad reputation of going after the refs.

I've never had a problem with anything CK did with the refs. When he has a legitimate beef, he lets them know it and I'm glad.

CK is nothing like Bo Pelini

Mr Meaty
11-15-2015, 02:50 PM
I've never had a problem with anything CK did with the refs. When he has a legitimate beef, he lets them know it and I'm glad.

CK is nothing like Bo Pelini
I Agee with you, CK has never gone off like that with the refs. That is my job from the stands. I know they can hear me.

westnodak93bison
11-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Strange how coaches are too dumb to realize ripping on the refs is counter productive. Addressing issues is fine but if you start making it a personal deal then refs are gonna hold a grudge. It's human nature.

Professor Chaos
11-15-2015, 03:02 PM
I was listening to the radio broadcast yesterday and they made it sound like the 2nd unsportsmanlike conduct on the YSU bench (the one that backed them up from like the 8 to the 4) was actually on Bo's brother Carl Pelini. Anyone else hear this? If that's the case it's even more ridiculous because Carl is the co-defensive coordinator and D-line coach so he literally has nothing to do with the offense that he's backing up even further with his antics. I guess idiocy runs in the family.

Rock
11-15-2015, 03:13 PM
I was listening to the radio broadcast yesterday and they made it sound like the 2nd unsportsmanlike conduct on the YSU bench (the one that backed them up from like the 8 to the 4) was actually on Bo's brother Carl Pelini. Anyone else hear this? If that's the case it's even more ridiculous because Carl is the co-defensive coordinator and D-line coach so he literally has nothing to do with the offense that he's backing up even further with his antics. I guess idiocy runs in the family.

If you didn't watch may have missed the point at the end where the brothers peleni were berating the ref covering their sideline.

It was sad, but kinda comical. Both brothers barking like dogs, for nearly a full minute non stop right in the refs face. Don't understand how the ref didn't eject at least one of them.

Klieman was arguing for a late hit on a NDSU running back out of bounds on the NDSU sideline that I thought was a stretch. Didn't see much else.

tony
11-15-2015, 03:17 PM
If you didn't watch may have missed the point at the end where the brothers peleni were berating the ref covering their sideline.

It was sad, but kinda comical. Both brothers barking like dogs, for nearly a full minute non stop right in the refs face. Don't understand how the ref didn't eject at least one of them.

Klieman was arguing for a late hit on a NDSU running back out of bounds on the NDSU sideline that I thought was a stretch. Didn't see much else.

Well, after the "late hit" call on CJ Smith, he probably thought he had a chance.

Rock
11-15-2015, 03:19 PM
Well, after the "late hit" call on CJ Smith, he probably thought he had a chance.

Thanks makes sense now didn't see the one on CJ, was in and out of the game.

bandit218
11-15-2015, 03:27 PM
I think Pelini would have yelled at the refs for making calls in his favor. He absolutely lost it when they got called for 12 men on the field. That's not even a judgement call for the ref.

bri-dog
11-15-2015, 03:36 PM

I think the referee was this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2StPWy7GkA

bisonpride4ever
11-15-2015, 05:01 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/88522f61fffdfdc5b3491d59b5b5e467.jpg

Somebody needs a hug...

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

NDSU1980
11-15-2015, 05:56 PM

Still the top read story now. Look at the attention we are getting from this, plus making Pelini look like a dick.

BisonNation11
11-15-2015, 06:04 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/88522f61fffdfdc5b3491d59b5b5e467.jpg

Somebody needs a hug...

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch
Double the embarrassment

stevdock
11-15-2015, 06:33 PM
I think Pelini would have yelled at the refs for making calls in his favor. He absolutely lost it when they got called for 12 men on the field. That's not even a judgement call for the ref.

I don't even understand how that is a penalty at that point of the game. We were nowhere close to starting the play. And even if we were, I thought this is a penalty that you can play through and take either the penalty or the result of the play?

StL Bison Fan
11-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Dont know if this has been posted, but this is my favorite

@carlson7696: @bethhooleVNL, @BShawn17 & LT National Press - New team, same Bo Pelini: Chews out refs https://t.co/rGAHVkWuv1 via @cbssports

td577
11-15-2015, 07:16 PM
I don't even understand how that is a penalty at that point of the game. We were nowhere close to starting the play. And even if we were, I thought this is a penalty that you can play through and take either the penalty or the result of the play?

Here is the rule from the 2015 NCAA rule book:

More Than Eleven Players on the Field
ARTICLE 3. a. Team A may not break the huddle with more than 11 players nor
keep more than 11 players in the huddle or in a formation for more than three
seconds. Officials shall stop the action whether or not the ball has been snapped.
b. Team B is allowed to briefly retain more than 11 players on the field to
anticipate the offensive formation, but it may not have more than 11 players in
its formation if the snap is imminent. Whether the snap is imminent or has just
occurred, the officials shall stop the action. (A.R. 3-5-3-IV)
PENALTY [a-b]—Dead-ball foul. Five yards at the succeeding spot. [S22]
c. If officials do not detect the excessive number of players until during the down
or after the down is over, or if Team B players have entered the field just before
the snap but have not been in the formation, the infraction is treated as a liveball
foul. (A.R. 3-5-3-V-VI)
PENALTY—Live-ball foul. Five yards at the previous spot. [S22]

I haven't watched the game again to pinpoint the exact spot they called it, but I still don't know if it was call correctly or not.

bandit218
11-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Here is the rule from the 2015 NCAA rule book:

More Than Eleven Players on the Field
ARTICLE 3. a. Team A may not break the huddle with more than 11 players nor
keep more than 11 players in the huddle or in a formation for more than three
seconds. Officials shall stop the action whether or not the ball has been snapped.
b. Team B is allowed to briefly retain more than 11 players on the field to
anticipate the offensive formation, but it may not have more than 11 players in
its formation if the snap is imminent. Whether the snap is imminent or has just
occurred, the officials shall stop the action. (A.R. 3-5-3-IV)
PENALTY [a-b]—Dead-ball foul. Five yards at the succeeding spot. [S22]
c. If officials do not detect the excessive number of players until during the down
or after the down is over, or if Team B players have entered the field just before
the snap but have not been in the formation, the infraction is treated as a liveball
foul. (A.R. 3-5-3-V-VI)
PENALTY—Live-ball foul. Five yards at the previous spot. [S22]

I haven't watched the game again to pinpoint the exact spot they called it, but I still don't know if it was call correctly or not.
It was around 11 minutes left in the game. NDSU had just come to the line when they blew the whistle.

A1pigskin
11-15-2015, 08:31 PM
At one point there were three coaches in the refs face yelling.

southcliffbison
11-15-2015, 09:19 PM
At one point there were three coaches in the refs face yelling.

Interesting sidenote: the announcers did the math for Bo P's checks that he's receiving from Nebraska .........$148,000 and change PER MONTH for the next 42 months. Really hope he saves some money.

bisonaudit
11-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Interesting sidenote: the announcers did the math for Bo P's checks that he's receiving from Nebraska .........$148,000 and change PER MONTH for the next 42 months. Really hope he saves some money.

Would you really feel bad if he blew through it all?

HerdBot
11-15-2015, 10:31 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduG8FTP9Hj5ggcE/giphy.gif
If they didn't call this a PI, Klieman probably would have gone Bo Pelini on the refs. No brainer call. Can't say uncatchable when the corner gets his hand on the ball

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 10:34 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduG8FTP9Hj5ggcE/giphy.gif
If they didn't call this a PI, Klieman probably would have gone Bo Pelini on the refs. No brainer call. Can't say uncatchable when the corner gets his hand on the ball

I doubt Klieman would have said much, he didn't have that angle to see it but of course that didn't stop Pelini from acting like a buffoon.

td577
11-15-2015, 10:49 PM
It was around 11 minutes left in the game. NDSU had just come to the line when they blew the whistle.

So they made the call right when the Bison were about to line up. It is the screen shot with the score on the bottom with the score on the bottom. I don't see the 12th guy there but he is there in the second screen shot when the Bison first broke the huddle. Neither situation is where the snap is imminent. So by the rule book, the defense has right up to the snap to get the 12th guy off the field and if the offense were to snap it, the officials should stop the action and then call it. If they miss it and then catch it, it just becomes a live ball foul instead of a dead ball foul with the same penalty. The bottom line is the officials might have been really quick with the penalty and Pelini might actually have a legitimate complaint. Unless I am missing something in all of this. Either way, Pelini is a dick.

td577
11-15-2015, 11:01 PM

If I were Pelini I would be pissed at #7. He probably has a good chance of tipping the ball out of there even if he doesn't grab the jersey. You grab the jersey it is going to get called. Every time.

thundarsdaddy
11-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Having watched this game with the bestest friends possible...all Bison Super Fans for decades now, I agree that I have never seen a Coach at this level be such an arsehole!

Also, as age 60, after having gone through 15 monthes of chemo in the last 16, I could play defense on ANY receiver if I could grab a guys jersey in order to pull him back just enough, then use this as leverage for me to jump up and get a hand on the ball!!!

Little Bo "P" is a f***ing coward if he watched that replay and still thinks he got hosed!!!

southcliffbison
11-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Would you really feel bad if he blew through it all?

The announcers, after watching Bo's tirade, said that the MVFC commish should get involved and "fine" him.......what the announcers meant by "fine him" probably has to do with getting Viverto to issue a letter of reprimand for bad boy behavior. She doesn't have the authority to pinch him monetarily..........does she?

StL Bison Fan
11-15-2015, 11:47 PM
The Youngstown fans like his "passion". Good for them. He can coach, sure, but if he costs you the game he aint much.
Good luck to them. After he takes down their program they can join the Nebraska Bo Survivor Group.

Vet70
11-16-2015, 12:27 AM
The denial on the YSU board about the PI call is delusional:

"Ridiculous call--maybe the fix is in--"

Then we should get our money back because the refs took their sweet time.

"If that is PI, then you can call that on play you want."

Then your players should be smart enough not to get caught.

"A distorted still image---may show shirt holding---maybe---and maybe for a microsecond--"

Yes, and you can pull the receiver with a microsecond tug. :rofl:

wagsabison
11-16-2015, 01:10 AM
Another angle http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/dbd6630f8697e1dc93a7cb6acb654179.jpg

EC8CH
11-16-2015, 01:14 AM
Another angle http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/dbd6630f8697e1dc93a7cb6acb654179.jpg

Yep, no way #7 gets away with that unless he's OJ.

EC8CH
11-16-2015, 01:16 AM
Really wish a reporter would have asked him in the post game what effect he thought his 2 unsportsmanlike penalties had on his teams attempt at getting to within field goal range to tie the game. Seems like an appropriate question to ask.

Vet70
11-16-2015, 01:23 AM
Really wish a reporter would have asked him in the post game what effect he thought his 2 unsportsmanlike penalties had on his teams attempt at getting to within field goal range to tie the game. Seems like an appropriate question to ask.

Don't you get it yet---it was all the refs' fault.

tojo70
11-16-2015, 01:35 AM
I want a Nationwide Insurance commercial showing Peyton watching Pelini's meltdown on TV. Then Peyton sings "you can't yell at refs like that"

gizmo
11-16-2015, 01:41 AM
Bo Pelooney's teams will never win anything because he is the weakest link.

EC8CH
11-16-2015, 01:43 AM
I want a Nationwide Insurance commercial showing Peyton watching Pelini's meltdown on TV. Then Peyton sings "you can't yell at refs like that"

https://i.imgflip.com/tkxr4.jpg

56BISON73
11-16-2015, 01:59 AM
Where can I find the replay of Bo Peeps blow out?

BisonFanAnn
11-16-2015, 02:13 AM

All over the Internet.

StL Bison Fan
11-16-2015, 02:17 AM

Here is the last minutes and his press conference, plus other tid bits

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/bo-pelini-draws-two-unsportsmanlike-conduct-penalties-in-final-second/article_a18a6a3e-8b22-11e5-b3ee-1f246cc1deb1.html

56BISON73
11-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Thanks. OMG!!!! That is priceless.

missingnumber7
11-16-2015, 03:01 AM

Which one, you would just need to watch the replay on espn3...its the whole dang game. They made a comment about the HL having to put up with him the whole game in the first half. Fortunately the sideline guys switch sides at halftime.

Elvis was a Bison
11-16-2015, 01:19 PM
It seems the Youngstown media, (the newspaper The Vindicator) has seen the light as well...

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/nov/15/cold-offense-hot-pelini-combine-to-hurt-/

StL Bison Fan
11-16-2015, 01:37 PM
It seems the Youngstown media, (the newspaper The Vindicator) has seen the light as well...

But, Bo's got passion!

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2015, 02:35 PM

They just don't understand Youngst......oh wait.

missingnumber7
11-16-2015, 04:08 PM
I think if he wouldn't have bitched the whole game, called the ref a "f#$*ing Coward" he may have not gotten both UNS flags.

He got flagged late in the ISUR game too for not understanding the batting rule(it was the week after the lions got screwed in Seattle).

I honestly cannot remember the last time a bison coach got a single unsportsmanlike penalty.

Honeybooboo
11-16-2015, 04:11 PM
I think if he wouldn't have bitched the whole game, called the ref a "f#$*ing Coward" he may have not gotten both UNS flags.

He got flagged late in the ISUR game too for not understanding the batting rule(it was the week after the lions got screwed in Seattle).

I honestly cannot remember the last time a bison coach got a single unsportsmanlike penalty.

sideline infraction at Indiana St I believe

missingnumber7
11-16-2015, 04:35 PM

Different category...I'm talking UNS for being dumb.

HerdBot
11-16-2015, 04:37 PM
I think we should thank Pelini for giving our conference some bonus press

ZHerd
11-16-2015, 04:40 PM

I'm just glad we have Klieman. He has more class in his little toe than both Pelinis combined

moosbah
11-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Has their (YSU's) post game show been put online?

Bison Fan 17
11-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Sorry if it has been already discussed. Its one thing as a coach to lose support from the fans, boosters, community, BUT at what point after acting like an ass in front of his team does he lose support from the locker room? Got to think it happened in Lincoln.We are lucky to have a class act for a coach thats leads by example.

BisonFanAnn
11-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Has their (YSU's) post game show been put online?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TxKd8-drr0

runtheoption
11-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Sorry if it has been already discussed. Its one thing as a coach to lose support from the fans, boosters, community, BUT at what point after acting like an ass in front of his team does he lose support from the locker room? Got to think it happened in Lincoln.We are lucky to have a class act for a coach thats leads by example.Seems like most teams have those assistant coaches or captain/seniors that reel in a head coach if/when they lose it. The players standing behind BoBo on the sideline looked embarrassed. I am surprised someone didn't say something to him. Does he do it so often that they are all immune to it, not even 1 full season into it?

If I was on that team, no way would I continue to play for a guy like that. I did not see one characteristic of good leadership. It was leadership, but the wrong kind. He is not a coach.

BisonNation11
11-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Seems like most teams have those assistant coaches or captain/seniors that reel in a head coach if/when they lose it. The players standing behind BoBo on the sideline looked embarrassed. I am surprised someone didn't say something to him. Does he do it so often that they are all immune to it, not even 1 full season into it?

If I was on that team, no way would I continue to play for a guy like that. I did not see one characteristic of good leadership. It was leadership, but the wrong kind. He is not a coach.

Him and his brother seem to be the type a holes that would kick a kid off the team for standing up for themselves/the team. People in his position create a culture and I have a feeling in Youngstown it's a culture of fear. Do what he says or pay the consequences. And how dare you step up to his authority. He's an embarrassment to the coaching community no matter the sport. Sad when cops have to come between you and a referee OF A GAME.

missingnumber7
11-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Him and his brother seem to be the type a holes that would kick a kid off the team for standing up for themselves/the team. People in his position create a culture and I have a feeling in Youngstown it's a culture of fear. Do what he says or pay the consequences. And how dare you step up to his authority. He's an embarrassment to the coaching community no matter the sport. Sad when cops have to come between you and a referee OF A GAME.

Sad when said coaches feel the need to chase the officials off the field before the post game handshakes. You already got 2 flags for saying your piece.

G_Funky
11-16-2015, 07:34 PM
When he got canned from UNL his players were all up in arms about it - some dudes calling out the AD and everything...he must be doing something to gain the trust and support from the guys around him. It's either that or it's a "culture" he creates the breeds adversity and defiance. The rant was totally unacceptable and to be honest if I were a senior on that team I would be livid that he went above and beyond out of his way to eliminate my teams chance at winning an extremely important ball game.

td577
11-16-2015, 07:39 PM
When he got canned from UNL his players were all up in arms about it - some dudes calling out the AD and everything...he must be doing something to gain the trust and support from the guys around him. It's either that or it's a "culture" he creates the breeds adversity and defiance. The rant was totally unacceptable and to be honest if I were a senior on that team I would be livid that he went above and beyond out of his way to eliminate my teams chance at winning an extremely important ball game.

Certainly by the time he was fired they were all players him and his staff recruited. YSU knew what they were getting and have no one to blame but themselves. The seniors are probably just glad to be almost done with this circus.

Bison 4 Life
11-16-2015, 08:17 PM
I wonder, Mangino is from that area too, are those people just naturally assholes?

G_Funky
11-16-2015, 10:08 PM
I wonder, Mangino is from that area too, are those people just naturally assholes?

The Harbough's are from Toledo...John seems to be sane but Jim is a sideline psychopath.

17>1
11-16-2015, 11:30 PM

SIU

10chara

Bisonguy
11-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Bo received a public reprimand from the MVFC today for his antics. Can't remember any other MVFC coaches receiving one.

EndZoneQB
11-16-2015, 11:43 PM

Yes, "us against them" mentality. Widely known that was the environment he harbored while at UNL.

Mr Meaty
11-16-2015, 11:54 PM
Bo received a public reprimand from the MVFC today for his antics. Can't remember any other MVFC coaches receiving one.

Not even Farley!!!!!

Christopher Moen
11-17-2015, 12:01 AM

Here's the video footage of the public reprimand from the MVFC today:

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Shame-on-you-GIFS.gif?gs=a

Vet70
11-17-2015, 12:08 AM

I am sure that after being publically reprimanded Bo has learned his lesson and will never do it again.

bri-dog
11-17-2015, 12:09 AM
I am sure that after being publically reprimanded Bo has learned his lesson and will never do it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIAEpSyYTw

perthbison
11-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Would someone please explain what a public reprimand is?:confused:

bisonaudit
11-17-2015, 01:30 AM

Its a thing you say when you want to make it look like you did something more than just reprimand someone without actually doing anything more than reprimand someone.

Vet70
11-17-2015, 01:40 AM

http://caracaschronicles.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/slap-wrist.jpg

Christopher Moen
11-17-2015, 01:48 AM

Looks a little like this and just about as effective:

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1433553463ra/15112377.gif

Milkman
11-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Looks a little like this and just about as effective:

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1433553463ra/15112377.gif
If it looks like that I want one too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KilldeerBison
11-17-2015, 02:07 AM

Will he be on display in the city square, with his head and hands locked in a wood block? Can we throw cabbage at him?

tojo70
11-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Something like this?

perthbison
11-17-2015, 02:21 AM
Thanks for clearing up all the confusion everyone. I'll be a lot less vocal to the refs at my next Valley conference game, unless of course it'll get me some time with that Genie reprimander.....:innocent:

StL Bison Fan
11-17-2015, 02:23 AM
Sure, that reprimand will make a difference. If he can make that big of an ass of himself on tv, no reprimand is going to matter.
Every person on the Neb fan board said the same thing after this episode: he needs mental help.
I agree.

NDSU1980
11-17-2015, 02:27 AM
Picture is worth 1000 words. The look on her face is priceless http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?177868-Suspend-Bo-Pelini&p=2286434#post2286434

Bisonator98
11-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Picture is worth 1000 words. The look on her face is priceless http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?177868-Suspend-Bo-Pelini&p=2286434#post2286434

She's gotten quite the education this year. Bet she's never heard some of those words or even know what they mean.

LikeMothers
11-17-2015, 03:12 AM

It involves pointed remarks.

1998braves64
11-17-2015, 04:08 AM
I just hope he lasts until NDSU game next year. Kind of want to see this in person... something about train wrecks, can't look away....??

I fully expect Sect 21/20/19 to be in full force.

BYZEN
11-17-2015, 04:15 AM
It involves pointed remarks.

But no evisceration I hope. I think it's best to leave that up to padded cell griz52

missingnumber7
11-17-2015, 01:39 PM
I sure hope someone has a cutout of the whiny face Pellini for the game next year...if not later this year.

lascrs
11-17-2015, 02:15 PM

The removal of his coloring book. If he gets a second reprimand, they will take his colors.

G_Funky
11-17-2015, 02:20 PM

Dang - could you imagine being on the other end of that headset for 60 minutes?? I don't think Carl or Bo took theirs off during the tirade except when he looked like he was taking a swing at one of the officials

gumby013
11-17-2015, 02:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q0rCU5R.jpg

Mr Pep Band
11-17-2015, 04:39 PM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/in-emotional-situations-assistants-have-a-role/

The great Jeff "FCS mind" Kolpack weighs in.

Pelini, you had a shot or two, and u threw it away, let the players play, and coaches coach. The YSU loss in the last 30 seconds is on YOU!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
11-18-2015, 01:48 AM
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/in-emotional-situations-assistants-have-a-role/

Pelini, you had a shot or two, and u threw it away, let the players play, and coaches coach. The YSU loss in the last 30 seconds is on YOU!

The game was lost for YSU before Pelini went off. They had a slim chance to tie the game, about as good a chance as snowballs in hell.

westnodak93bison
11-18-2015, 03:03 AM
Yes. That area is full of loud mouthed italians and the mafia.

thundarsdaddy
11-18-2015, 01:22 PM

Well Pelini KNEW his team was out-matched, especially against that 4'th quarter Bison defense which was outstanding....so effectlively Lil Bo "P" threw in the towel..Thanks BO...."BO knows when he's screwed"!

Vet70
11-18-2015, 01:52 PM
The game was lost for YSU before Pelini went off. They had a slim chance to tie the game, about as good a chance as snowballs in hell.

A team winning in the last 30 seconds of a game? Never could happen.

Mr Meaty
11-18-2015, 03:53 PM
A team winning in the last 30 seconds of a game? Never could happen.

Never in the last 30 seconds but it can in the last 2-3 seconds. :facepalm:

kristind
11-21-2015, 07:37 PM
My 10 year old walks through the room..while the YSU vs Trees game is on... "The penguins? Their coach is craaaaaayzee......and I suspect he always will be..." that one's a keeper.... #favoritechild

A1pigskin
11-22-2015, 01:13 PM
My 10 year old walks through the room..while the YSU vs Trees game is on... "The penguins? Their coach is craaaaaayzee......and I suspect he always will be..." that one's a keeper.... #favoritechild

She might be right.

scottietohottie
11-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Til the Pelini brothers enjoy painting rocks during the off season.

thundarsdaddy
11-24-2015, 02:05 PM
2016 home FB schedule includes awesome opponents suchas Eastern Washington, SDSU, Illinois State etc., but November 5....Youngstown!!!! I cant wait!! We will need a live mic coming from the student section everytime BO wanders in front of them!!!

1998braves64
11-24-2015, 03:40 PM
2016 home FB schedule includes awesome opponents suchas Eastern Washington, SDSU, Illinois State etc., but November 5....Youngstown!!!! I cant wait!! We will need a live mic coming from the student section everytime BO wanders in front of them!!!

Would make an interesting mic'd up segment of they could put a mic on mr. Pelini himself! :biggrin: /purple s that never would happen for obvious reasons!

StL Bison Fan
11-24-2015, 03:52 PM
Would make an interesting mic'd up segment of they could put a mic on mr. Pelini himself! :biggrin: /purple s that never would happen for obvious reasons!

Cookie would have a stroke!!

BisonNation11
11-24-2015, 05:06 PM
Cookie would have a stroke!!

Must spread rep!