PDA

View Full Version : FCS Week 11

NDSUstudent
11-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Playoff Implications
NDSU at YSU 1:00 p.m. NBC ND, ESPN College Extra, ESPN3- The bracket implications are simple for this game, if NDSU wins all that stands in their way of a top 4 seed is Missouri State and for YSU at four losses they need to win to simply stay alive.

Lehigh at Colgate noon Patriot League Network- Colgate can lock up the autobid with a win at home against Lehigh. A Lehigh win would force a three way tie in the PL and would also open up a road for Lehigh to reach 7 DI wins.

Marist at Dayton noon- If Dayton wins they clinch the PFL autobid.

Towson at William and Mary 12:30 p.m.- Big game in the CAA, a win would keep William and Mary on track for a top 6 seed and put the Tribe one step closer to a CAA title. Meanwhile for Towns beating William and Mary would be a huge playoff resume booster and would give the Tigers seven DI wins.

Liberty at Charleston Southern 1:00 p.m. ESPN3- CSU has already clinched the Big South auto so they are in regardless of this game but some bracketologists do think they could sneak into the playoffs as an 8 seed with a in here. Meanwhile Liberty keeps hanging around, a win here and against CCU would give the Flames seven DI wins, a win over an FBS opponent and of course they did beat Montana. Some bracketologists believe that the Big South will not get three teams in the field and Liberty could knock CCU out of the playoffs should they win out.

UND at UNC 1:00 p.m. Midco Sports Network 2- UNC is merely a playoff spoiler since the Bears cannot reach seven DI wins but they can spoil UND's playoffs with a win. The Roughriders/Fighting Hawks have to win their final two games to reach seven DI wins.

SDSU at USD 1:00 p.m Midco Sports, ESPN College Extra, ESPN3- This game is a lot like NDSU/YSU. The Rabbits can get a seed should they win and thus a playoff home game at Sioux Falls. Meanwhile USD needs to win just to keep their at-large hopes alive.

SEMO at JSU 1:00 p.m. OVC Digital Network- JSU can clinch the OVC title with a win, if they win out they are the favorite to be the #1 seed as well.

EKU at Murray State 1:00 p.m. OVC Digital Network- EKU must win to keep their at-large hopes alive.

The Citadel at Chattanooga- This is the SoCon title game, winner takes the autobid while the loser should be safe. Chattanooga could be potential see if they win out.

EIU at UTM 2:00 p.m. ESPN3- The winner of this game will have a huge playoff at-large edge. Both teams must win in order to reach seven DI wins.

Eastern Washington at Montana 2:30 p.m. Root Sports NW/RM/SW, Direct TV 101- Montana must win out to reach seven DI wins but if the Griz can do it they are a playoff lock at 7-4. EWU could still drop this game and make the field but that would leave them needing to beat Portland State. Massive game for both teams obviously, should be a fun game to watch on Root Sports.

Richmond at Villanova 2:30 p.m.- The Wildcats are still clinging to playoff hope at 5-4 but a win over Richmond would provide them with a massive resume boost. Meanwhile Richmond just needs to right the ship after losing at New Hampshire, the Spiders can still win the CAA and be a playoff seed if they can win out.

FCS Game of the Week
SUU at Portland State 4:05 p.m. Big Sky TV- Last week PSU stumbled on the road in Greeley, the Vikings first loss since falling to UND earlier this season. If PSU stumbles at home their chances of playoff seed are done. Meanwhile for SUU they can almost lock up the Big Sky title with a win at PSU, the Thunderbirds have gotten some breaks in the Big Sky schedule department as well, with this being their first game against an upper echelon Big Sky team. It should be interesting to see how SUU handles this tough road game, their only other major road challenge was against SDSU and the result of that game was a 55-10 beatdown laid down by the Jacks.

An interesting note on SUU is that they could go to Big Sky title favorite to out of the playoffs if they can't beat PSU and NAU. The Thunderbirds played a non-DI team and thus need at least a split to keep their at-large hopes alive.

TV Guide
11/14 Penn at Harvard 11:00 a.m. Comcast NE/BA, Altitude2, SNY, ASN Affiliates
Elon at Maine 11:00 a.m. Fox College Sports
NDSU at YSU 1:00 p.m. NBC ND
SDSU at USD 1:00 p.m. Midco Sports Network
Northern Colorado at North Dakota Midco Sports 2
Eastern Washington at Montana 2:30 p.m. Root Sports NW/RM/SW, Direct TV 101
James Madison at Delaware 2:30 p.m. SNY, Comcast BA/N
Sacramento State at Northern Arizona 3:00 p.m. Fox Sports AZ
Montana State at Idaho State 3:30 p.m. Cowles Media(ABC/Fox MT)
Central Arkansas at Nicholls State 6:00 p.m. MASN, ASN Affiliates
New Hampshire at Albany 6:00 p.m. Comcast NE, SNY, ASN Affiliates
WCU at Texas A&M 6:00 p.m. ESPNU

FCS on ESPN3
11/14 Presbyterian College at Monmouth 11:00 a.m.
Sacred Heart at Bryant 11:00 a.m.
Delaware State at North Carolina A&T noon p.m.
WIU at Indiana State 12:05 p.m.
Mercer at Furman 12:30 p.m.
Samford at Wofford 12:30 p.m.
Liberty at Charleston Southern 1:00 p.m.
SDSU at USD 1:00 p.m.
NDSU at YSU 1:00 p.m.
EIU at UT-Martin 2:00 p.m.
Illinois at SIU 2:00 p.m.
UNI at Missouri State 2:00 p.m.
Ave Maria at Stetson 2:00 p.m.
Northwestern St at SHSU 2:30 p.m.
Houston Baptist at SFA 3:00 p.m.
WCU at Texas A&M 6:00 p.m.

FCS on ESPN College Extra
11/14 Presbyterian College at Monmouth 11:00 a.m.
NDSU at YSU 1:00 p.m.
SDSU at USD 1:00 p.m.
Ave Maria at Stetson 2:00 p.m.
Houston Baptist at SFA 3:00 p.m.

Where to find other FCS games(FREE) online....
http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm (Guide to all games on TV or online webcasts)
Big Sky Conference...http://eversport.tv/big-sky
Big South Conference...http://www.bigsouthsports.com/live
Northeast Conference...http://www.necfrontrow.com/
OVC Conference...http://www.ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/
Patriot League...http://www.campusinsiders.com/networ...ot_league/live
SoCon Digital Network...http://www.socondigitalnetwork.com
Southland Digital Network...http://www.southland.org/watch/?Live=240
American Sports Network(ASN Affiliates)...http://americansportsnet.com/

No_Skill
11-14-2015, 04:47 PM
I fail to see why I'm supposed to be impressed with Harvard.

NDSUSR
11-14-2015, 04:57 PM

Today is the first time I watched them this year. Either they are having a really bad day or suck in general.
#notimpressed

tjbison
11-14-2015, 05:16 PM

because they are smart people playing football?

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 05:45 PM
WIU starting a freshman at QB today...Sean McGuire. Trenton Norvell is done for the season, appendectomy. Necks getting beat again....

WIU 3
ISUB 13 1st QTR

bruinbison
11-14-2015, 08:35 PM
'Yotes leading Jacks 20-10 to start the 4th

bruinbison
11-14-2015, 08:43 PM
SIU leading Illinois State 21-14 at half

MNLonghorn10
11-14-2015, 09:18 PM
SD hits 45 yard fg, barely...down 7 with 335, jacks ball

Hammersmith
11-14-2015, 09:37 PM
SDSU escapes. 30-23 Jacks.

MNLonghorn10
11-14-2015, 09:38 PM
sdsu wins , last second prayer fails for USD

bruinbison
11-14-2015, 09:51 PM
Montana leading Eastern Washington 33-9 early in 3rd qtr

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:01 PM
Odd that SIU has replay reviews for this ISUR game.....

MNLonghorn10
11-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Odd that SIU has replay reviews for this ISUR game.....

biggest WTF rule i've ever heard. is it like that in every FCS conference or just the MVFC?

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:08 PM
biggest WTF rule i've ever heard. is it like that in every FCS conference or just the MVFC?

Not sure...bizarre though that they can pick and chose when they want to have review.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:11 PM
JMU 17
Delaware 21 5:20 to play game is on Direct TV channel 639

td577
11-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Montana leading Eastern Washington 33-9 early in 3rd qtr

Right when EWU needs to win to clean up the big fluffy, Montana starts hammering them. You have to love that conference and the shit show they are going to become next Sunday for the selection committee.

td577
11-14-2015, 10:14 PM

Maybe the cross country team was using the school's supply of gopros until this weekend.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:15 PM
EWU 9
Montana 50??????

Would love to be in Missoula right now!

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Richmond 20
Villanova 21 FINAL

tony
11-14-2015, 10:19 PM
EWU 9
Montana 50??????

Man... why isn't that game on ESPN3?

I've been loving NDSU's media deal lately.

bruinbison
11-14-2015, 10:20 PM
EWU 9
Montana 50??????

Yeah, helluva party.....they expect to beat the Montana State Buyouts,
but don't like and get frustrated by Eastern Washington.

onbison09
11-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Man... why isn't that game on ESPN3?

I've been loving NDSU's media deal lately.
Game is the Audience Network on DirecTV and I think Root Sports.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Delaware chokes....

JMU 24
Hens laying an egg 21 .......17 seconds left.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:26 PM
SUU 10
PSU 17 2nd QTR

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Jax State, Colgate, Dayton and Chattanooga have all clinched autobids today. McNeese and Charleston Southern clinched spots last week.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 11:22 PM
SUU 17
PSU 17 3rd QTR

Link for video stream.... http://eversport.tv/big-sky/football/2015/11/14/southern-utah-at-portland-state

tony
11-14-2015, 11:30 PM
because they are smart people playing football?

I'm guessing the engineers and comp sci guys I played with on Churchill Field back in the day had higher SAT scores than Harvard players... but it didn't make our football compelling. :)

tony
11-14-2015, 11:32 PM
SUU 17
PSU 17 3rd QTR

Link for video stream.... http://eversport.tv/big-sky/football/2015/11/14/southern-utah-at-portland-state

Wow, maybe I shouldn't complain about the giant logos on the FargoDome turf... looks like they're playing on a strangely distorted green basketball court.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2015, 11:36 PM
SUU 17
PSU 24 4th qtr

Yeah the field is a bit weird with the very prominent soccer lines. PSU gets a TD on a sweet RB jump pass play.

td577
11-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Wow, maybe I shouldn't complain about the giant logos on the FargoDome turf... looks like they're playing on a strangely distorted green basketball court.

A MLS stadium used by PSU for football. Another sad FCS game with ranked teams, a must win for PSU, and no one shows up. Maybe football is too violent for Portland.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 12:16 AM
SUU 23
PSU 24 1:18 to play

SUU goes for 2 and doesn't get it....Wow.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 12:27 AM
SUU 23
PSU 24 FINAL

Big Sky Standings....
SUU 6-1
EWU 5-2
Montana 5-2
NAU 5-2
PSU 5-2

Week 12 games...
PSU at EWU
Montana at Montana State
NAU at SUU

EC8CH
11-15-2015, 12:35 AM
Big sky is a bigger mess than the MVFC

natstar1
11-15-2015, 02:28 AM
chances UND makes the playoffs if they win next week?

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 02:32 AM
chances UND makes the playoffs if they win next week?

They are in.

scottietohottie
11-15-2015, 02:40 AM
They are in.

Great so we win out and get to play the whioux and the wabbits in the playoffs. Hopefully the playoff committee at least makes them play each other first. I absolutely hate playing the same dam teams in the playoffs that we already beat in the regular season.

DIBISON
11-15-2015, 02:45 AM
They are in.
They are out. A lot has to fall right for them next weekend even if they win. They have a "bad" loss to Idaho St. I'm going with the committee taking at the most 4 teams from the Big Sky and if either UNA or Montana wins they would be in and UND is out.

Hammersmith
11-15-2015, 02:51 AM
Great so we win out and get to play the whioux and the wabbits in the playoffs. Hopefully the playoff committee at least makes them play each other first. I absolutely hate playing the same dam teams in the playoffs that we already beat in the regular season.

Assumptions: NDSU beats MSU, UND wins next week, UND gets selected

If SDSU loses next week, then it will be UND vs SDSU at whoever wins the bid. Winner of that game will face NDSU in Fargo in round two.
If SDSU wins next week, then 50/50 the above scenario or SDSU getting a seed. In that case, UND will face someone else(UNI?) in the first round with the winner coming to NDSU. NDSU would possibly face SDSU in the quarters. I'd see NDSU as a 2/3 and SDSU as a 7/6 in this scenario.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 02:56 AM
They are out. A lot has to fall right for them next weekend even if they win. They have a "bad" loss to Idaho St. I'm going with the committee taking at the most 4 teams from the Big Sky and if either UNA or Montana wins they would be in and UND is out.

The Bubble is very weak...I don't even have them as the last team in my bracket. Their FBS win is huge and they beat PSU.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 02:57 AM
Assumptions: NDSU beats MSU, UND wins next week, UND gets selected

If SDSU loses next week, then it will be UND vs SDSU at whoever wins the bid. Winner of that game will face NDSU in Fargo in round two.
If SDSU wins next week, then 50/50 the above scenario or SDSU getting a seed. In that case, UND will face someone else(UNI?) in the first round with the winner coming to NDSU. NDSU would possibly face SDSU in the semis. I'd see NDSU as a 2 and SDSU as a 7 in this scenario.

In a UND-UNI scenario the winner goes to SDSU....both can bus there. UNI cannot bus to Fargo.

That said EIU looks like they will emerge from the OVC as an at-large and that is a bus trip for them to UNI. Honestly, I am not sure what is going to happen to UND should they get in.

DIBISON
11-15-2015, 03:09 AM
The Bubble is very weak...I don't even have them as the last team in my bracket. Their FBS win is huge and they beat PSU.
Understand about the weak bubble teams. I just think you have 2 big sky teams locks now and 2 more spots. Conference order after the top 2 is EWU, NAU, Montana and UND. If all or 2 of those teams win UND is still below them in conference standings. Then it's down to the 5-6th team in the conference and I don't think they'll go that deep. UND's final conference standing could hurt them, but who knows they may get the right breaks the last weekend.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2015, 03:35 AM
Understand about the weak bubble teams. I just think you have 2 big sky teams locks now and 2 more spots. Conference order after the top 2 is EWU, NAU, Montana and UND. If all or 2 of those teams win UND is still below them in conference standings. Then it's down to the 5-6th team in the conference and I don't think they'll go that deep. UND's final conference standing could hurt them, but who knows they may get the right breaks the last weekend.

The thing is UND got a lot of help today. EWU is a complete disaster and I don't see them beating PSU. Then PSU beat SUU, making the NAU-SUU match up a loser out game.

ndsubison1
11-15-2015, 03:40 AM
Looking at the bubble teams the big sky teams have better resumes for the most part over teams like towson, shsu, uca, western carolina. I would think UNDs is better than NAU

DIBISON
11-15-2015, 05:50 AM
The thing is UND got a lot of help today. EWU is a complete disaster and I don't see them beating PSU. Then PSU beat SUU, making the NAU-SUU match up a loser out game.
Disagree. I see EWU at home beating PSU and getting the playoff berth over UND. Too much tradition to lay an egg the last game of the season at home.

DIBISON
11-15-2015, 05:56 AM
Looking at the bubble teams the big sky teams have better resumes for the most part over teams like towson, shsu, uca, western carolina. I would think UNDs is better than NAU
Why do you say that? Give some examples. The Big Sky is only 1-6 against the Missouri Valley! UND is not better than NAU if NAU wins next weekend. NAU would have a better conference record and standing than UND. UND will only have beaten ONE conference team with a winning record.

BraxtonT
11-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Disagree. I see EWU at home beating PSU and getting the playoff berth over UND. Too much tradition to lay an egg the last game of the season at home.

If they do beat Portland, that will be their only good win all season. They have beaten Montana State (5), Sac State (8), Cal Poly (1 in OT), Idaho State (17), Northern Colorado (2), and Weber State (1). None of these teams is playoff bound. Three of them are at .500, the other three are a combined 8-22.

EWU has gotten shit kicked the last two weeks (Northern Arizona by 22 and Montana by 41), so predicting a win against Portland in Cheney is iffy at best. They need the win to get to 7-4, but Portland State would be their only quality win this season.

I'm with Student in thinking UND gets in the playoffs with a win next week. Their resume will be slightly (very slightly) better than EWU's. An FBS win seems to carry a lot of weight with the selection committee.

Next Saturday will be fun watching the scoreboard.

ndsubison1
11-15-2015, 08:36 AM
The bubble teams with Fbs wins would likely get in. Also how will they view teams with Fbs losses? Eku if they beat EIU, that's 7-4 with 2 Fbs losses. Charleston Southern has to be seeded with loss only to Troy and play Bama next week.

NDSU1980
11-15-2015, 12:53 PM
I doubt UN_ wins at Cal Poly, so all this hand wringing is for nothing. Massey hasn't updated yet for this week but had CP an 80% chance of win. Sagarin shows CP with a pretty good advantage too.

Grizzled
11-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Why do you say that? Give some examples. The Big Sky is only 1-6 against the Missouri Valley! UND is not better than NAU if NAU wins next weekend. NAU would have a better conference record and standing than UND. UND will only have beaten ONE conference team with a winning record.

As of now NDSU has only beaten three teams with a winning record. I think the FBS win is key for UND even though it was against Wyoming. You can only beat the teams on your schedule. If UND wins convincingly next week, which will be a challenge on the road, I think they are in.

Bisonville GasMan
11-16-2015, 03:57 PM
I doubt UN_ wins at Cal Poly, so all this hand wringing is for nothing. Massey hasn't updated yet for this week but had CP an 80% chance of win. Sagarin shows CP with a pretty good advantage too.

Just checked...UN_ win probability at Cal Poly is 22% per updated Massey Ratings.