PDA

View Full Version : PA and Dubay pimps the Bison

NDSUguy
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Just heard Dubay talk about NDSU vs. Gopher football game. While they think that NDSU's chances are not great they didn't rule out the possibility that NDSU couldn't steal the game against the Gophers.

They talked about NDSU being a rising team and they thought that the game might be closer than most people might think.

They also made a comment about our boy Tim Miles and wanting to get him in studio this fall as a regular. They love Fargo, NDSU and will allign with us everytime (mostly because of our distain for UND and our win @ Wisconsin).

BisonMav
07-20-2006, 04:01 PM
They are buttering up Miles to come to Minnesota when that coaching job opens. 8-)

tcbison
07-20-2006, 04:05 PM
They are buttering up Miles to come to Minnesota when that coaching job opens. *8-)

I agree on their take with Miles.Plus those guys like to be more negative about Minnesota sports. They remind me of a certain writer from the Forum. Either way, I think it is great that they are talking about NDSU. Thanks NDSUguy for giving us this info.

NDSUguy
07-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Another bit of news.... I guess Pa and Dubay received many many email from Bison fans talking about the game. They were impressed with the amount of interest in the team and the game. They were also corrected multiple time about how they were saying Bison...

They are now pronouncing it correctly. Bizon

We're coming! We're coming!

tcbison
07-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Another bit of news.... *I guess Pa and Dubay received many many email from Bison fans talking about the game. *They were impressed with the amount of interest in the team and the game. *They were also corrected multiple time about how they were saying Bison... *

They are now pronouncing it correctly. *Bizon

We're coming! *We're coming!

Awesome. I am sending them an email right now.

DORMIE
07-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Thay've been in Fargo the last 3 years to do their radio show at the Roger Maris Celebrity Golf Tournament as Clear Channel is a Celebrity Sponsor. It's been a great gig for them as they've had some great interviews. It's also beel great for Fargo having them broadcast from here. I think they love Miles becouse he has such a great knowlege of the game and he's so honest. The U of M would be a great next job for Tim.

mn-bison
07-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Threw in my two cents on how the Bison could easily win 2 of 3 (FB, MBB, WBB) this year. *

FB about a 25% chance:
1) Being overlooked in the middle of Big Ten season,
2) Our LB's slowing the run down, thus forcing the pass,
3) Losses to Gopher's offensive line and RB's,
4) NDSU's inmproved DB's (potential) to slow down the pass,
5) Gophers porus defense allowing Bison to run and pass

WBB about a 60% chance:
1) *Lady gopher exodus,
2) *HOME GAME,
3) *Incoming transfer (Moran) to help offset loss of Lorenz

MBB about a 50% chance:
1) The Fab Five a year older,
2) More experiance
3) Vaughn in the mix.

bisonaudit
07-21-2006, 01:15 PM
They are buttering up Miles to come to Minnesota when that coaching job opens. *8-)

I agree on their take with Miles.Plus those guys like to be more negative about Minnesota sports. They remind me of a certain writer from the Forum. Either way, I think it is great that they are talking about NDSU. Thanks NDSUguy for giving us this info.

Regarding the Love Covenent and Gopher Negativity. I think you have these guys confused with Barreiro. Dubay is the biggest Gopher homer on that station.

tcbison
07-21-2006, 02:42 PM

I agree on their take with Miles. Plus those guys like to be more negative about Minnesota sports. They remind me of a certain writer from the Forum. Either way, I think it is great that they are talking about NDSU. Thanks NDSUguy for giving us this info.

Regarding the Love Covenent and Gopher Negativity. *I think you have these guys confused with Barreiro. *Dubay is the biggest Gopher homer on that station.

Thanks for the correction! You are right, Barreiro is the one I was thinking of.

Sticks
07-21-2006, 02:43 PM
They also made a comment about our boy Tim Miles and wanting to get him in studio this fall as a regular. *They love Fargo, NDSU and will allign with us everytime (mostly because of our distain for UND and our win @ Wisconsin). Yeeah.....they love you, and that's why. *::) *They mention ndsu on air for the first time (only cause you're playing the Gophers BTW), and you're ready to make him mayor of the city.

Regarding the Love Covenent and Gopher Negativity. *I think you have these guys confused with Barreiro. *Dubay is the biggest Gopher homer on that station.
Well said....sounds like these other guys just tuned in to that station today for the first time. *Dubay BLEEDS maroon and gold, and is the biggest homer in the state when it comes to the Gophs.

NDSUguy
07-21-2006, 03:08 PM
They also made a comment about our boy Tim Miles and wanting to get him in studio this fall as a regular. They love Fargo, NDSU and will allign with us everytime (mostly because of our distain for UND and our win @ Wisconsin). Yeeah.....they love you, and that's why. ::) They mention ndsu on air for the first time (only cause you're playing the Gophers BTW), and you're ready to make him mayor of the city.

Regarding the Love Covenent and Gopher Negativity. I think you have these guys confused with Barreiro. Dubay is the biggest Gopher homer on that station.
Well said....sounds like these other guys just tuned in to that station today for the first time. Dubay BLEEDS maroon and gold, and is the biggest homer in the state when it comes to the Gophs.

What's your point??? I guess i'm lost as to why you are so hostile towards me and others??? Go back to ss.com and Grand Forks (BTW, nice dike! Does it still smell like Siouxage there???) and break down your very own canadian national hockey team (Read: UND)....

Sticks
07-21-2006, 03:17 PM
What's your point??? *I guess i'm lost as to why you are so hostile towards me and others??? *Go back to ss.com and Grand Forks (BTW, nice dike! *Does it still smell like Siouxage there???) and break down your very own canadian national hockey team (Read: UND)....
Hostile?! *I'm just trying to get a few things cleared up....cause I was listening to the same show that you were, and got a completely different message then you did. *PA & Dubay LOVE Fargo & the Bison?!!? *C'mon...what have they ever said that would give you that idea?

broke_back_mnt
07-21-2006, 03:24 PM
I listened to the show myself. *They were getting flooded with emails from folks that graduated from NDSU but had been Gopher fans all their lives. *The consensus of the emails was this:

The Gophs better strap on the helmets because the BIZON are coming. *I liked the part about correctly pronouncing BISON. *

This goes back a ways but Boyd Christenson always said BI-SEN.

They really enjoy the regional matchups. *I couldnt tell which one was Mr. Negativity.

Sticks
07-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I listened to the show myself. *They were getting flooded with emails from folks that graduated from NDSU but had been Gopher fans all their lives. *The consensus of the emails was this:
The Gophs better strap on the helmets because the BIZON are coming. *I liked the part about correctly pronouncing BISON. *

This goes back a ways but Boyd Christenson always said BI-SEN.

They really enjoy the regional matchups. *I couldnt tell which one was Mr. Negativity.

This should have been clue #1. *Graduates of ndsu?? *Funny they would say something like that huh? * ::) (Gopher fans or not)

Didn't say they were down on ndsu, just meant they weren't "strokin" you guys as you said they were.

NDSUguy
07-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Just heard Dubay talk about NDSU vs. Gopher football game. While they think that NDSU's chances are not great they didn't rule out the possibility that NDSU couldn't steal the game against the Gophers.

They talked about NDSU being a rising team and they thought that the game might be closer than most people might think.

They also made a comment about our boy Tim Miles and wanting to get him in studio this fall as a regular. They love Fargo, NDSU and will allign with us everytime (mostly because of our distain for UND and our win @ Wisconsin).

Katohtr... You must not have read my initial post very well. While I said that they did NOT think that the team would win, they did not rule out the possibility of the game being close or of them stealing the game. No where in the post or in the responses did anyone say that they were "strokin" NDSU.

In response to the emails... The fact that the emails were from NDSU grads (who are also goph fans) would lead me to believe that the email were from people who have more knowledge than the average joe about the abilities of both teams. Most people in the Twin Cities would NEVER give the Bizon a chance (mostly because they are homers and know nothing about our team). Anyone who knows anything about both teams would say that with the Gophs having a horrible defense, no runningback, a shakey qb with few receiving options and an offensive line that lost an all-pro center and guard might be succeptable to NDSU.

Which is exactly why Dubay mentioned it on the air. While NDSU won't get much air time between now and the game you better believe that the week prior there will be much attention to NDSU (especially if their record is good at the time they play). It is possible that the upset could happen? Sure but I am not one to say it's likely.

The bottom line reason that I posted this entry was to give the NDSU fans the ability to find out about something that they would likely not hear otherwise. I really could give a flying F%^& what you or any other sioux fan thinks about this subject.

broke_back_mnt
07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
That was the point exactly. All the NDSU grads know that the statement made earlier on this board is true. NDSU isnt scheduling games to lose. The interpration was that the BISON better get some respect.

On the other hand DI-AA was 2-48 against DI-A teams last year. Thats about the same as D2 does against DI-AA scholarship teams. Its a tough mountain to climb but BISON fans are ready. No doubt the 5,000 tickets NDSU got will be sold. GO BISON!!

Sticks
07-21-2006, 06:01 PM
The bottom line reason that I posted this entry was to give the NDSU fans the ability to find out about something that they would likely not hear otherwise. *I really could give a flying F%^& what you or any other sioux fan thinks about this subject.
...then why freak out and bring GF's dyke and aroma into the conversation? *Apparently I got under your collar a little so that's not entirely true.

My post was not intended for a flame fest, I was merely pointing out that the conversation I heard on the radio was interpreted completely different than how you did. *You'd have to agree that if it weren't for this upcoming game w/the Gophers, PA & Dubay would not have even mentioned the letters n-d-s-u all year on their show. *Don't get offended now, UND wouldn't be mentioned either if it weren't for Dubay's love for Gopher Hockey, so this isn't a "our school is better than yours."

Truthfully, I have no idea how ndsu will fare in this game...and how would I know? *I do know that U of M, even as troubled as you made them sound, will still have a huge advantage in size and speed. *Does that mean they can't win? *Absolutely not. *I do hope ndsu plays this game competitively....and why wouldn't I? *Being a fan of a school that has choosen (quite indecisively, I might add) to follow in your footsteps, I've gotta root for the possibility of what could happen...maybe give us some hope for somewhere down the line.

EVERYTHING that I post (regardless of content) is lambasted, flamed, and sarcastically responded to by a couple of insecure Bison fans. *While I do look to stir things up occasionally, in a legitimate discussion, these are not the intentions of every post on this site.

broke_back_mnt
07-21-2006, 06:08 PM
On a thread a few months ago the 2005 rosters were compaired. *They dont say anything about speed, but size is comparable. *They will have no overall advantage in size.

EVERYTHING is an absolute exageration. Being scolded for being impolite, vulgar or making drug references is not flaming.

Your a good guy K and seem to know a lot about baseball. :)*

RedRiver
07-21-2006, 07:39 PM
The bottom line reason that I posted this entry was to give the NDSU fans the ability to find out about something that they would likely not hear otherwise. *I really could give a flying F%^& what you or any other sioux fan thinks about this subject.
...then why freak out and bring GF's dyke and aroma into the conversation? *Apparently I got under your collar a little so that's not entirely true.

My post was not intended for a flame fest, I was merely pointing out that the conversation I heard on the radio was interpreted completely different than how you did. *You'd have to agree that if it weren't for this upcoming game w/the Gophers, PA & Dubay would not have even mentioned the letters n-d-s-u all year on their show. *Don't get offended now, UND wouldn't be mentioned either if it weren't for Dubay's love for Gopher Hockey, so this isn't a "our school is better than yours."

Truthfully, I have no idea how ndsu will fare in this game...and how would I know? *I do know that U of M, even as troubled as you made them sound, will still have a huge advantage in size and speed. *Does that mean they can't win? *Absolutely not. *I do hope ndsu plays this game competitively....and why wouldn't I? *Being a fan of a school that has choosen (quite indecisively, I might add) to follow in your footsteps, I've gotta root for the possibility of what could happen...maybe give us some hope for somewhere down the line.

EVERYTHING that I post (regardless of content) is lambasted, flamed, and sarcastically responded to by a couple of insecure Bison fans. *While I do look to stir things up occasionally, in a legitimate discussion, these are not the intentions of every post on this site.

I can tell that a DI fan board is over your head!! PA & Dubay have been talked about NDSU nunerous times on their show during the past year. It started with the basketball program and Coach Miles and will now extend to NDSU football. It was great this past winter to hear the weekly Bison updates on PA & Dubay. What great exposure for NDSU athletics.

Bisonguy
07-21-2006, 08:51 PM
RedRiver- you beat me to the punch. Not only was Miles on the PA and Dubay show numerous times, but NDSU and Miles were mentioned on plenty of other occasions.

NDSUguy
07-21-2006, 08:52 PM
The bottom line reason that I posted this entry was to give the NDSU fans the ability to find out about something that they would likely not hear otherwise. I really could give a flying F%^& what you or any other sioux fan thinks about this subject.
...then why freak out and bring GF's dyke and aroma into the conversation? Apparently I got under your collar a little so that's not entirely true.

My post was not intended for a flame fest, I was merely pointing out that the conversation I heard on the radio was interpreted completely different than how you did. You'd have to agree that if it weren't for this upcoming game w/the Gophers, PA & Dubay would not have even mentioned the letters n-d-s-u all year on their show. Don't get offended now, UND wouldn't be mentioned either if it weren't for Dubay's love for Gopher Hockey, so this isn't a "our school is better than yours."

Truthfully, I have no idea how ndsu will fare in this game...and how would I know? I do know that U of M, even as troubled as you made them sound, will still have a huge advantage in size and speed. Does that mean they can't win? Absolutely not. I do hope ndsu plays this game competitively....and why wouldn't I? Being a fan of a school that has choosen (quite indecisively, I might add) to follow in your footsteps, I've gotta root for the possibility of what could happen...maybe give us some hope for somewhere down the line.

EVERYTHING that I post (regardless of content) is lambasted, flamed, and sarcastically responded to by a couple of insecure Bison fans. While I do look to stir things up occasionally, in a legitimate discussion, these are not the intentions of every post on this site.

I can tell that a DI fan board is over your head!! PA & Dubay have been talked about NDSU nunerous times on their show during the past year. It started with the basketball program and Coach Miles and will now extend to NDSU football. It was great this past winter to hear the weekly Bison updates on PA & Dubay. What great exposure for NDSU athletics.

I would agree. Pa and Dubay talk about NDSU quite often - including their weekly update on NDSU and coach Miles last year... As to the outcome of the game, I don't know that we'll win but I do hope that the game is close (especially since i'll be at the game). Yes, UND will follow in NDSU's footsteps. However, I wouldn't call the move "decisive" since Kupchella and his boys decided to delay the transitional year one year longer than normal. It would be much better to label that being "passive aggressive".

BisonMav
07-21-2006, 08:52 PM
They interviewed Miles during the Roger Maris Golf Tourney too.

Sticks
07-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I said "indecisively." *I agree 100% that the steps made toward the move to D-I was an absolute train-wreck.

Many apologies for the false info about the PA & Dubay show. *I listen to the show almost every morning (not always for the entire 3 hours), and I have apparently missed any discussion of NDSU. *

Maybe it's my "selective hearing." * :D

Sticks
07-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I can tell that a DI fan board is over your head!!
This was quite unecessary... :'( :'( :'(

DIBISON
07-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I can tell that a DI fan board is over your head!!
This was quite unecessary... :'( :'( :'(

Not really, just look at your quotes. ;) ;)