PDA

View Full Version : RIP SDSU's Pasture

NDSUstudent
11-09-2015, 04:41 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/09/79c44f7e813918a3014d2f3384a5b7e6.jpg

Today the pasture at Brookings is being ripped up. No more foot long grass or massive crown... I wonder if they let the cheer team on the field for one last graze? With that said finally the Rabbits join the rest of the MVFC with a beautiful field turf field in 2016!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nqhclzhsg&feature=youtu.be

moosbah
11-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Sorry, but I can't tell from the mess and debris if this is pre or post construction video.

bisonaudit
11-09-2015, 04:48 PM
When they're done are they sticking with grass or going to turf?

NDSUstudent
11-09-2015, 04:51 PM
When they're done are they sticking with grass or going to turf?

They are going to turf...they've finally come to their senses.

moosbah
11-09-2015, 05:00 PM
They are going to turf...they've finally come to their senses.

One can only assume it will be Sanford Field this, or Sanford that......

56BISON73
11-09-2015, 05:19 PM
I guess sdsu won't be hosting a play off game.

Strommer10
11-09-2015, 05:28 PM
I guess sdsu won't be hosting a play off game.

If SDSU hosts a playoff game, it will be held at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls. It was mentioned briefly during the broadcast of their game on Saturday.

aces1180
11-09-2015, 05:39 PM
One can only assume it will be Sanford Field this, or Sanford that......

Nope...Dykehouse.

StL Bison Fan
11-09-2015, 05:43 PM
So now where do they put the carrot patch?

EC8CH
11-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Are they going to rip out that stupid looking white picket fence they've got in the north end zone too? Is that where the carrots were planted? What's the point of that fence anyway, to keep out rabbits? That doesn't make any sense.

56BISON73
11-09-2015, 06:17 PM
If SDSU hosts a playoff game, it will be held at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls. It was mentioned briefly during the broadcast of their game on Saturday.

How do they get home field over us???????

mango
11-09-2015, 06:52 PM

What? Who is saying SDSU will get home field over NDSU??

If SDSU hosts ANY playoff game, it will be in Sioux Falls. If SDSU wins out, they will likely be seeded so their home game(s) will be in Sioux Falls.

Mr Pep Band
11-09-2015, 07:02 PM
They should've let the cheer team clear cut the ENTIRE field before they started ripping it up.
Wouldn't take long, maybe a hour or so! :biggrin:

1998braves64
11-09-2015, 08:39 PM

If they get seeded they will have at least one home game (in Sioux Falls), all seeded teams get a home game as long as they put in a minimum bid. Assuming sdsu will put in a substantial bid. If no seed they will have to hope they match up with another no seed further in the bracket and have out bid them too.

moosbah
11-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Nope...Dykehouse.

Then it's settled...Sanford Field at Dykehouse stadium, at Sanford plot, on Sanford acres. :)

MNLonghorn10
11-09-2015, 09:53 PM
howard frank field is fun. they serve beer there

IzzyFlexion
11-09-2015, 09:55 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/09/79c44f7e813918a3014d2f3384a5b7e6.jpg

Today the pasture at Brookings is being ripped up. No more foot long grass or massive crown... I wonder if they let the cheer team on the field for one last graze? With that said finally the Rabbits join the rest of the MVFC with a beautiful field turf field in 2016!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nqhclzhsg&feature=youtu.be

How about ESPN Gameday there now??

Unique setting.......huge mounds of painted sod................lots of earthworms............dangerously sharp and twisted metal everywhere............COMBINED with the possibility of hosting a playoff game in another city.............Unique????? Oh yeah, it's unique.

Bison03
11-10-2015, 03:03 PM

Wow, that is dumb! Why would you take away any type of homefield advantage by playing somewhere else?!! You have a brand new stadium (for the most part), and you finally have a couple of home playoff wins, and you can't wait a month or less? Oh well, glad to see the pasture go.

Trumpster
11-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Wow, that is dumb! Why would you take away any type of homefield advantage by playing somewhere else?!! You have a brand new stadium (for the most part), and you finally have a couple of home playoff wins, and you can't wait a month or less? Oh well, glad to see the pasture go. They needed to get to work immediately to get work done before the frost sets in for the season in order to have it complete before the season next year.

StL Bison Fan
11-10-2015, 05:14 PM
They needed to get to work immediately to get work done before the frost sets in for the season in order to have it complete before the season next year.

... And plant potatoes on Good Friday

1998braves64
11-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Wow, that is dumb! Why would you take away any type of homefield advantage by playing somewhere else?!! You have a brand new stadium (for the most part), and you finally have a couple of home playoff wins, and you can't wait a month or less? Oh well, glad to see the pasture go.

A month is a long time in construction world unfortunately for SDSU. They may have anticipated this though when they went with the "accelerated" schedule and decided this was best for them. Believe the stadium is supposed to be ready before season starts next year instead of after next year like the original schedule was.

bisonaudit
11-10-2015, 05:55 PM
A month is a long time in construction world unfortunately for SDSU. They may have anticipated this though when they went with the "accelerated" schedule and decided this was best for them. Believe the stadium is supposed to be ready before season starts next year instead of after next year like the original schedule was.

Hopefully they don't end up like the Cubs (except worse), hosed by construction delays and in the worst of both worlds with no post-season true home games and a facility not ready for the next season.

wow
11-10-2015, 06:43 PM

3-4 weeks (or more) is a lot of time in the Dakotas when it comes to fall/winter construction.

Honestly, I would think Bison fans of all people would appreciate this, your basketball team is playing two full seasons away from campus to renovate facilities. The Vikings have played at TCF Bank for two full seasons as well (granted that's a much larger project). Assuming all goes well, the fact that SDSU is doing this without missing a single regular season home game is EXTREMELY impressive. The Wrigley Field project also highlights the urgency of getting started ASAP. Missing a home playoff game or two (insert SDSU playoff history joke here) isn't that big of deal in the grand scheme of things.

EC8CH
11-10-2015, 06:58 PM
3-4 weeks (or more) is a lot of time in the Dakotas when it comes to fall/winter construction.

Honestly, I would think Bison fans of all people would appreciate this, your basketball team is playing two full seasons away from campus to renovate facilities. The Vikings have played at TCF Bank for two full seasons as well (granted that's a much larger project). Assuming all goes well, the fact that SDSU is doing this without missing a single regular season home game is EXTREMELY impressive. The Wrigley Field project also highlights the urgency of getting started ASAP. Missing a home playoff game or two (insert SDSU playoff history joke here) isn't that big of deal in the grand scheme of things.

I appreciated it. Looked really good half done and you could tell it will be even more impressive when completed. Only thing that seemed odd was the screen being on the closed end of the horseshoe. That just seems backwards to how its normally done.

moosbah
11-10-2015, 07:28 PM

That's going to be a sweet stadium. Well done Jacks.

JackJD
11-11-2015, 01:55 AM
I appreciated it. Looked really good half done and you could tell it will be even more impressive when completed. Only thing that seemed odd was the screen being on the closed end of the horseshoe. That just seems backwards to how its normally done.

Although nothing has been formally announced, I think that when the west side is completed, one of the final touches will be some sort of scoreboard on the north side (NW corner?) that provides game stats/info. I can see, at a minimum, ribbon boards with the vital game stats. I think the planners (and fundraisers) will pause and have a good look at the stadium with the completed west side, and then make some decisions on final board placements so that everyone can easily get game info.

EC8CH
11-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Although nothing has been formally announced, I think that when the west side is completed, one of the final touches will be some sort of scoreboard on the north side (NW corner?) that provides game stats/info. I can see, at a minimum, ribbon boards with the vital game stats. I think the planners (and fundraisers) will pause and have a good look at the stadium with the completed west side, and then make some decisions on final board placements so that everyone can easily get game info.

That would help.... Really nice looking video board though... Super sharp

NDGooch
11-18-2015, 06:34 PM
That was my one complaint about going there this year. We sat in the corner of the end zone and couldn't see a game clock, down and distance, score, anything, unless we turned around. Other than that, the stadium is amazing, actually was kind of jealous. I was pretty sure sitting there that it was in their future plans to put something in the open end zone. Hell being that Daktronics is based there I wouldn't be surprised to see another huge board on top of their new "shack". Can't wait for our new video system next year. It will really improve game days in the dome.

StL Bison Fan
11-18-2015, 07:20 PM
That was my one complaint about going there this year. We sat in the corner of the end zone and couldn't see a game clock, down and distance, score, anything, unless we turned around. Other than that, the stadium is amazing, actually was kind of jealous. I was pretty sure sitting there that it was in their future plans to put something in the open end zone. Hell being that Daktronics is based there I wouldn't be surprised to see another huge board on top of their new "shack". Can't wait for our new video system next year. It will really improve game days in the dome.

Students didn't like it either. They sit under it

NDSUstudent
11-19-2015, 04:17 PM
The demo is almost complete...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CULjK5pU8AEXVxx.jpg

StL Bison Fan
11-19-2015, 04:56 PM

So, what exactly did they do? Looks the same

bisonmike2
11-19-2015, 05:03 PM
They needed to get to work immediately to get work done before the frost sets in for the season in order to have it complete before the season next year.

or maybe they assumed you guys wouldn't be in the running for hosting any playoff games so the scheduled the project to begin when it did? JK.

NDSUstudent
11-19-2015, 05:06 PM
So, what exactly did they do? Looks the same

They towed the single wide trailer house press box away....

Mr Pep Band
11-19-2015, 05:55 PM

Wow! They ain't shiting around, that's fast. Too many bad memories vs Da Bison; so the faster its gone the better. :bunnyb:

As long as that "stadium" has been around NDSU has won championships, now that its almost gone......will we even make it to Frisco..:praying:...:hide:

Bison Loaf
11-19-2015, 06:25 PM

Not so fast my friend...........I can still see some remaining campus in the back ground (and some remaining town, for that matter)! :biggrin: