PDA

View Full Version : what channel is ESPN plus even on?!

ARGAMEMENON
07-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Lookin for a little help guys any input?

TheBisonator
07-23-2006, 10:27 PM
ESPN Plus is a regional ESPN feed that is broadcast through regular network TV stations on Saturday afternoons for football games. For example, when I was living in the Twin Cities, WCCO Channel 4 would have an ESPN Plus doubleheader starting at 11:30 that would feature two Big Ten games (usually one of them a Gopher game). This is why I'm thinking that the game might either be on KXJB or WDAY, or whichever Fargo station has any existing contract with ESPN telecasts. I think it'll probably be WDAY.

Another thing about ESPN Plus is that all of those games are offered through ESPN Game Plan. Which means if you have DirecTV or Dish, you can order the game through pay-per view if you don't already have the existing sports pack (which is 10 dollars a month, I believe). If you look on the ESPN broadcast schedule, you'll see that our game with the Gophers is featured on ESPN Game Plan, which is the same thing as ESPN Plus.

NDSUguy
07-23-2006, 11:23 PM
None of the stations in North Dakota have a contract with ESPN. Unless the stations pay to pick up the game against the Gophers it would not be shown anywhere in North Dakota.

I would be shocked if WDAY didn't pick up the game local to Fargo but I don't know that other affiliates around the state would pay ESPN for the rights.

TheBisonator
07-23-2006, 11:25 PM
None of the stations in North Dakota have a contract with ESPN. *Unless the stations pay to pick up the game against the Gophers it would not be shown anywhere in North Dakota.

I would be shocked if WDAY didn't pick up the game local to Fargo but I don't know that other affiliates around the state would pay ESPN for the rights.

I don't have to worry about the game being televised in Fargo, cause I'll be at the game anyway. [smiley=beer.gif]

RodentiaX
07-23-2006, 11:32 PM
I will be at the game too, but I also wiull be shocked if the game is not broadcast in the FM area. Too many Bison and Gopher fans (some of whom are fans of both) in the FM broadcast area to ignore.

ARGAMEMENON
07-23-2006, 11:33 PM
thanks guys

Mr._Bill
07-24-2006, 01:33 AM
This Minnesota game is a big deal for the state of ND and should be a candidate for statewide TV in Bismarck, Minot, Grand Forks and Fargo. Why wouldn't this be on statewide TV?

Bison vs. Gophers 2:30pm

Here is the ND football schedule for OCT 21st:
Sioux - OFF
Beavers vs. Dakota State in Minot - 1:30pm
Mary vs. MN State Moorhead in Bismarck - 1pm
Jamestown at Dickinson - 1:30pm
Blackhills state at Mayville - 1:30pm
South Dakota Tech at VC State - 1pm
NDSCS at North Iowa CC - 1pm

TheBisonator
07-24-2006, 03:23 AM
Beavers vs. Dakota State in Minot - 1:30pm
Mary vs. MN State Moorhead in Bismarck - 1pm
Jamestown at Dickinson - 1:30pm
Blackhills state at Mayville - 1:30pm
South Dakota Tech at VC State - 1pm
NDSCS at North Iowa CC - 1pm

Wow... That looks like such an EXCITING slate of football that day... ::) ::) ::)

gcichy
07-24-2006, 11:43 PM
If things hold true, the Bison game with the Gophers will be on Fox Sports North.

My tivo will be busy that day with the Irish playing UCLA, Nebraska Playing Texas!!!! and of course a Bison Victory over Minnesota. :)

bincitysioux
07-26-2006, 12:58 AM
This is why I'm thinking that the game might either be on KXJB or WDAY, or whichever Fargo station has any existing contract with ESPN telecasts. I think it'll probably be WDAY.

I would think that at the very least WDAY will carry this game. IIRC ForumComm's deal calls for one TV broadcast per year. Last year of course they picked up Montana Sports Network's coverage of the Bison-Bobcat game. I'd think if they can do something similar with the Gopher game, i.e. putting in nil for production costs, that they would do it. WDAY is of course an ABC affiliate and Disney owns both ABC and ESPN so they have that working for them.

semobison
07-26-2006, 01:34 AM
The Jimmies at the Bluwe Hawks is always testy. ;)