NDSUstudent
11-01-2015, 01:41 AM
What a choke job.

onbison09
11-01-2015, 01:41 AM
That's the most Gophers ending ever

Wally
11-01-2015, 01:42 AM
Lol Minnesota. Those last two plays and the clock mgmt left something to be desired to say the least

BYZEN
11-01-2015, 01:42 AM
What a choke job.

Okay, two weeks probation for you!

Bison"FANatic"
11-01-2015, 01:43 AM
They earned the name goooophers with that crap play calling.

tjbison
11-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Wow.....epic time management cost the gophers a win on the 1/2 yard line

bisonmike2
11-01-2015, 01:46 AM
Wow.....epic time management cost the gophers a win on the 1/2 yard line

That was the gopher-est gopher ending I've ever seen.

MNLonghorn10
11-01-2015, 01:47 AM
Interim coach just lost his hc chance and probably his dc position for that stupid shit.

Omg

NDSUstudent
11-01-2015, 01:47 AM
The end of that game probably cost Claeys a lot of money.

aces1180
11-01-2015, 01:50 AM
The end of that game probably cost Claeys a lot of money.

Yep...I was just going to say this job was his to lose and he did that tonight.

Green1
11-01-2015, 01:51 AM
Wow! I was frustrated watching that ending and I am not a Gopher fan.

HerdBot
11-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Did that happen?

bisonp
11-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Very Mason-esque. Wow.

natstar1
11-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Not a FBS wk 9 thread so I'll ask here.
what happened at the end of the Duke/Miami game. They called a block in the back on Miami and reviewed it and said the block was from the side and counted the TD?

aces1180
11-01-2015, 01:56 AM
what happened at the end of the Duke/Miami game. They called a block in the back on Miami and reviewed it and said the block was from the side and counted the TD?

Insanity....

EC8CH
11-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Think Bison clock management was bad at the half???

Just thank god we're not goofer fans. Bisonville's reactor would be on full on meltdown mode right now.

Green1
11-01-2015, 01:58 AM
Think Bison clock management was bad at the half???

Just thank god we're not goofer fans. Bisonville's reactor would be on full on meltdown mode right now.

I was wondering about that bright glow to the south east.

Bison"FANatic"
11-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Now Mets melting down, a targeting by the irish. Oh what a last 15 minutes

NDSUSR
11-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Lol at twitter:

Minnesota sports decided not to wear a costume tonight and just go as itself. #gophers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/gophers?src=hash) #mnwild (https://twitter.com/hashtag/mnwild?src=hash)
— Clarence Swamptown (@CSwamptown) November 1, 2015 (https://twitter.com/CSwamptown/status/660651501627441152)

tjbison
11-01-2015, 02:02 AM
I'm still speechless at the pure stupidity of that call

They set that play up like there was 15 minutes left in the game, dumbest thing I've seen in a long time in sports

NDSUSR
11-01-2015, 02:07 AM
MI was offsides on the last play.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSsZpjIUsAAfrFn.jpg

EC8CH
11-01-2015, 02:08 AM
I'm still speechless at the pure stupidity of that call

They set that play up like there was 15 minutes left in the game, dumbest thing I've seen in a long time in sports

Only thing dumber would have been if if took two seconds longer.

BisonAccountant44
11-01-2015, 02:10 AM
Anyone have a video of the sequence? From what I'm reading, and saw in a gif that only went from :15 to :07, it sounds pretty bad but very similar and not much worse than us at the end of the first. We just got lucky and it didn't cost us the game. This time.

EC8CH
11-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Play started with 19 on clock, ended with 2 on clock... Bonehead play calling, clock management.

tjbison
11-01-2015, 02:32 AM
Anyone have a video of the sequence? From what I'm reading, and saw in a gif that only went from :15 to :07, it sounds pretty bad but very similar and not much worse than us at the end of the first. We just got lucky and it didn't cost us the game. This time.

They came out in power formation, took th time to shift etc...apparently they don't know the clock was running

bisonmike2
11-01-2015, 02:38 AM
MI was offsides on the last play.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSsZpjIUsAAfrFn.jpg

how did the ref who is staring right down the los miss that? But if you don't know the clock was going to run after the TD was over turned and you can't get a frickin 1/2 yard you probably don't deserve to win the game anyway.

natstar1
11-01-2015, 03:07 AM

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
More importantly, they used replay to decide to pick up the flag for the block at the 25. Replay is not allowed to reveiw a call for that.

This is what I was alluding too. They reviewed the 9 million laterals and in the meantime looked at the block and said, "oh yeah it was legal, no penalty."

onbison09
11-01-2015, 03:48 AM
More importantly, they used replay to decide to pick up the flag for the block at the 25. Replay is not allowed to reveiw a call for that.

This is what I was alluding too. They reviewed the 9 million laterals and in the meantime looked at the block and said, "oh yeah it was legal, no penalty."
Plus, one of the guy's knees was down on one of the laterals :facepalm:

IndyBison
11-01-2015, 03:50 AM

I'm really really hoping they picked up the flag based on a separate conversation between the crew outside of the replay process. If they did use replay for that hit, I expect you'll see some game suspensions this week. It also looked like that runner was down before his backward pass.

natstar1
11-01-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm really really hoping they picked up the flag based on a separate conversation between the crew outside of the replay process. If they did use replay for that hit, I expect you'll see some game suspensions this week. It also looked like that runner was down before his backward pass.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-11-01-2015

GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the suspension of the on-field officiating crew as well as the replay official and communicator following the Miami at Duke game on Saturday, October 31.

The announcement follows the league’s weekly review of game footage, as well as reports and interviews with officials and administrators.

The series of errors during the final play of the game will result in the suspension of the entire crew for two ACC games.

The errors that occurred during the last play of the game are:

The replay official erred in not overturning the ruling on the field that the Miami player had released the ball prior to his knee being down. If called, this would have ended the game.
The on-field officials erred by failing to penalize Miami for an illegal block in the back at the Miami 16-yard line. If called, the ball would have been placed at the Miami 8-yard line and the game would have been extended for an untimed down.
A block in the back foul was called at the Duke 26-yard line. After the officials conferred, which is appropriate, they correctly determined that the block was from the side, which resulted in the flag being picked up. The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, the referee did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.
In addition, the on-field crew failed to penalize a Miami player for leaving the bench area and entering the field prior to the end of the play. This foul would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.
“The quality of our officiating program is of the highest importance to the league and its schools, and the last play of the game was not handled appropriately,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “Officiating is an extraordinarily difficult job but our players, coaches, programs and fans deserve the best that can be offered. We will continue to strive to meet that standard.”

MHDBisonfan
11-01-2015, 07:41 PM
I was at the Gopher game last night. It was a fun day of football until the last 19 seconds. Listened to the Bison game on the way down to Mpls, then watched a great B10 game. We have endzone seats and that last sequence was right in front of us...what a gut punch. It was really unbelievable. Too bad because it was a great active crowd and then to just piddle away the last opportunity to win/tie the game was tough to watch. But many of you are right...that was a pure Gopher ending.

Bison bison
11-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Bunch of crap - 20/20 after the fact.

Crap happens every play. Refs do their best.

The replay official erred in not overturning the ruling on the field that the Miami player had released the ball prior to his knee being down. If called, this would have ended the game.

--there was a ref looking right at that, not saying the call was right, but that call (non-call) should never be over ruled

The on-field officials erred by failing to penalize Miami for an illegal block in the back at the Miami 16-yard line. If called, the ball would have been placed at the Miami 8-yard line and the game would have been extended for an untimed down.

---tough sh#t. refs miss calls.

A block in the back foul was called at the Duke 26-yard line. After the officials conferred, which is appropriate, they correctly determined that the block was from the side, which resulted in the flag being picked up. The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, the referee did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.

---big deal. it's clarified now.

In addition, the on-field crew failed to penalize a Miami player for leaving the bench area and entering the field prior to the end of the play. This foul would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.

--again. missed call no big deal