PDA

View Full Version : Bohl at LakesBison !!!!!!!! ***must read**

lakesbison
07-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Coach Bohl was on beautiful Ottertail Lake yesterday(my HOOD!), and I happened to run into him and my group was VERY impressed with him.

Most of my group was from twin cities & wisconsin for gathering this week and vacation....

After he walked away they all said, "where did he come from??" I said Nebraska, and they all went AHHHHH.... NDSU better keep that guy, what a fantastic person....He can come recruit Wisconsin anytime!!!!!

Bottom Line here is, We talked about how NDSU needs to show off the Lakes Area much much more to recruits!!! *Bohl even said, "We bring a Chicago kid to Detroit Lakes/Ottertail area and they see the beaches, they will LOVE it!!"

Bohl said it was his first time out at the lakes area for pleasure (even though he was at a BOOSTER"S cabin)

NDSU needs.... absolutely to win over the Lakes area, hell, even Brainerd/Alexandria for that matter in the marketing battle.

62% of NDSU students are from Minnesota, and I personally made 2 Teammakers golf events in Detroit Lakes and Breckenridge and my point to all members was..... *GET NDSU MARKETING IN THE LAKES AREA!!!

I'm not saying anything bad about North Dakota, but the LAKES AREA is an amazing asset thats 45-60 miles away that NDSU can capitalize on!!!

Hell, take the Mid-Con reps down hwy 10 to Detroit Lakes!!!!!

NDSU_grad
07-27-2006, 04:11 PM
I saw Coach Bohl speak yesterday too (not at the lakes though) and also came away very impressed. He thinks Matt Kittleson will be the best Kittleson yet and depth on the defensive line is his biggest concern for 06 and yes, I did just hijack this thread. ;)

Scooter
07-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I saw Coach Bohl speak yesterday too (not at the lakes though) and also came away very impressed. *He thinks Matt Kittleson will be the best Kittleson yet and depth on the defensive line is his biggest concern for 06 and yes, I did just hijack this thread. ;)

That's A LOT of Kittlesons!

to get back on topic before the hijack police comes... Goodbye, I'm off to the lake cabin not 10 minutes from Lakesbison's.

02Bison
07-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I saw Coach Bohl speak yesterday too (not at the lakes though) and also came away very impressed. *He thinks Matt KittELson will be the best KittELson yet and depth on the defensive line is his biggest concern for 06 and yes, I did just hijack this thread. ;)

That's A LOT of KittELsons!

to get back on topic before the hijack police comes... Goodbye, I'm off to the lake cabin not 10 minutes from Lakesbison's.

L before E except after KITT! Its KittELson. Lets get it right. After all, isn't Matt the 4th Kittelson to play for the Herd in the last 10 years? *::)

lakesbison
07-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Maybe I was absolutely right for once huh!?!?

ha ha... seriously boys... and our newest member *sexygirl* (private message me baby!!!)... Minnesota HAS to be NDSU's... NOW... before the crappy other schools move up.

peace!!

insane_ponderer
07-28-2006, 01:42 AM
hey, i will throw ya a bone lakes....i am with ya, there is nothing better than the 4th of july celebration they put on down there, and its great being able to jet down there after a long days work and relax. There aren't a lot of places like it in the upper midwest and people have to realize that an hour drive isn't that big of deal if its for a good cause. :)

BisonMav
07-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Maybe I was absolutely right for once huh!?!?

ha ha... seriously boys... and our newest member *sexygirl* *(private message me baby!!!)... Minnesota HAS to be NDSU's... NOW... before the crappy other schools move up.

peace!!

We do have a football and 2 basketball games lined up. Both will provide great exposure for NDSU, especially if the Bison win one of those games. DL is a great place, but many Minnesota kids grow up in places call Forrest Lake, Detroit Lakes, Chisago Lakes etc. Might help more for outstate recruits from Chicago like you said.

GFBisonFan
07-28-2006, 01:53 AM
the hard part is that most of the recruit come over the winter season, not allowing them to see all what the lakes area has to offer. I am not sure of the season for "official campus visits", but would assume they have a definite fall range to them. Seems that most I remember happening were reported in late fall mid winter. Please correct me if I am wrong. Great idea, though-showing off the assets of the region (especially in 18-22 year old age group).

SDbison
07-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Lakes......things are kind of dead on this board right now......everyone must really be at the Lakes with all the hot weather lately. I agree the FM area and the local universities should play up the great recreation areas nearby. In Sioux Falls everything around here is a bunch of mud bottom lakes and sloughs to swim and fish in. Nothing like the DL area, OtterTail, etc. As for Bohl being a great personality and good coach (hopefully great if he pulls off some big upsets this year) I think most of us already realize that. The area fans need to start to show some appreciation, make some noise at the game and fill the dome. As I pointed out before, the lakes, hunting, shopping, etc. should come secondary to the five home games NDSU has this season. From my perspective many students and fans in the FM area don't realize how lucky they are to have such an outstanding program to watch. I hope Bohls plea on the TV commercials is answered. Need some life here on the board and in the stands this fall.