PDA

View Full Version : 2nd helmet

Pages : 1 [2] 3

tjbison
10-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Truth be told...I'm a little excited to see the new helmet. I don't see the administration just throwing money away for this...so I'm guessing it was a private donation...which is pretty cool. I'm hopeful it is awesome and has a great response from the fans.

I am more concerned about the quality of play on the field, but it doesn't mean I can't/won't enjoy this "opportunity". Why can't this just be fun?

it can't be fun...no way stop it, you smile I punch you in the face and make fun of you till you stop smiling. only serious hard nose in depth analytical topics are allowed

Bison 4 Life
10-30-2015, 04:06 PM
Truth be told...I'm a little excited to see the new helmet. I don't see the administration just throwing money away for this...so I'm guessing it was a private donation...which is pretty cool. I'm hopeful it is awesome and has a great response from the fans.

I am more concerned about the quality of play on the field, but it doesn't mean I can't/won't enjoy this "opportunity". Why can't this just be fun?

agreed. Perhaps I'm saltier than I need to be but it's a long work day before I can leave this afternoon.

Let's all just lighten up a little, this is a game, after all. Me included

Vet70
10-30-2015, 04:13 PM
because we can't score in the 2nd half, damn it!!

Now I'm totally confused---I thought that it was because we can't run the damn ball.

Tony Almeida
10-30-2015, 04:20 PM

agreed. Perhaps I'm saltier than I need to be but it's a long work day before I can leave this afternoon.

Let's all just lighten up a little, this is a game, after all. Me included

Finally someone is thinking what I am...everyone on here is too stuck in their old ways and do not like change.

I for one was excited to hear the news about a possible helmet addition...and wouldn't mind seeing something different than an outlined transparent Bison logo on a helmet :hide:

Herd80
10-30-2015, 04:20 PM

I dunno. Because it's more fun to bitch, piss/moan, second-guess and criticize....what do I win?

NDSUBowler
10-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Finally someone is thinking what I am...everyone on here is too stuck in their old ways and do not like change.

I for one was excited to hear the news about a possible helmet addition...and wouldn't mind seeing something different than an outlined transparent Bison logo on a helmet :hide:
I'd guess the 'special helmet' crowd is bigger than you think. (I would LOVE an alt helmet)

The vocal minority just drones out the quiet majority.

HerdBot
10-30-2015, 04:26 PM
All of those are Fugly. Sorry, if the Bison ever change to something like the above I would be ashamed. Time to end this stupid thread. Plenty of real topics to talk about since the Bison offense is averaging about 7 to 10 points in the second half of all games this season. And the defense is giving up 1 or 2 big scoring plays every game.

You sure are all about serious business

yukon
10-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Wouldn't black helmet with logo and all dark green uniform look sharp!

EC8CH
10-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Now I'm totally confused---I thought that it was because we can't run the damn ball.

We can't score in the 2nd half, because we can't run the damn ball.

BISONBRI53
10-30-2015, 05:47 PM
We can't score in the 2nd half, because we can't run the damn ball.

Maybe it's because we don't have an alternate helmet???

Bison 4 Life
10-30-2015, 05:49 PM
Maybe it's because we don't have an alternate helmet???

Hire 2nd helmet, save season.

HerdThat!
10-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Hmmmmm, MAYBE Bison_Backer provided the donation of the new helmets- he informed us of the potential news and that we would be not making an announcement other that just coming out of the tunnel, and there has been no other news anywhere of the potential new domes
:innocent:

Kujava23
10-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Stupid waste of money

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree....TRADITION TRUMPS TRENDS

Kujava23
10-30-2015, 06:14 PM

YOU SHOULD hide under a chair......damn could be worse....like a pissed off bugs bunny on a helmet or stupid letters intertwined

gsagedahl
10-30-2015, 06:44 PM
LET'S TAKE A VOTE! We will not be having a second or third or fourth vote like up north!

THESE IMAGES WERE TAKEN OFF OF THIS SITE, SO EXCUSE THE BLURRINESS ON SOME!

PERSONALLY, I LIKE THE DARK MATTE GREEN WITH THE LOGO FROM 'D' AND THE NUMBER ON THE OTHER SIDE. GOLD FACEMASK, 1 GOLD STRIPE!

NO HATERS! JUST PICK 1.

NDSUguy
10-30-2015, 06:45 PM
I vote F!!!!!!!!!

CaBisonFan
10-30-2015, 06:47 PM
.....F.....

TransAmBison
10-30-2015, 06:49 PM
C...but F wouldn't be bad either.

ZHerd
10-30-2015, 06:50 PM
LET'S TAKE A VOTE! We will not be having a second or third or fourth vote like up north!

PERSONALLY, I LIKE THE DARK MATTE GREEN WITH THE LOGO FROM 'D' AND THE NUMBER ON THE OTHER SIDE. GOLD FACEMASK, 1 GOLD STRIPE!

NO HATERS! JUST PICK 1.

E or F would be ok IF you could get rid of the black.

td577
10-30-2015, 06:57 PM
I want to see E where the Black is Green on the bottom part of the helmet. Who can make that happen?

Milkman
10-30-2015, 06:58 PM
First I am adamantly against adding black if its not a school color. Second on the "f" helmet, does the bison wrap all the way around and if so what's on the other side? There seems to be a center stripe. Does the logo stop at the stripe and then is mirrored on the other side or does it overlap the stripe? G has the same issues. I feel like the people who made some of these didn't think what all sides of the helmet would look like in real life.

SUBISON247
10-30-2015, 06:59 PM
F (extra typing to make limit of characters)

Scooter1
10-30-2015, 07:00 PM
Definitely F.

Mr Pep Band
10-30-2015, 07:03 PM
#1- A
#2- F
#3- E

(sorry, couldn't pick just 1)

bisonp
10-30-2015, 07:08 PM
C if they come with retro unis. Don't think it'd look good with the current ones though.

F would be OK without the black.

BisonTru
10-30-2015, 07:11 PM
F with a gold, ****, I mean yellow face mask.

Like C and B as well.

No-go on A and G.

Bison03
10-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Both E or F would look pretty cool.

Bison56
10-30-2015, 07:16 PM
C depending on the rest of uni, and F

Bison_Pyro
10-30-2015, 07:34 PM
C = first choice
F = second choice with a yellow face mask

AKCBOXERZ
10-30-2015, 07:41 PM
#1 F
#2 G
#3 A

I am in favor of a new/temporary helmet. I love change & don't think it would hurt anything with adding these designs. I would really like to see these helmets on the Uniforms to get a real grasp of how they will look. Either way count me in on new helmets.

ndsubison1
10-30-2015, 07:45 PM

NO HATERS! JUST PICK 1.

I vote F. C would be pretty sweet too

gsagedahl
10-30-2015, 07:51 PM
"E" wouldn't work with the same logo on the other side because the head would be pointed backwards to be able to read NDSU.
My guess is that if they do an alternate, it would have a number on the opposite side of the logo, just like everyone else is doing with the big logo's.
Most of the players, young and old, prefer the logo from "C" because it is tradition which the football program is built on.
And, I agree with most, that black does not need to be introduced into our football color scheme.
And, since our current helmet is gold, I would not like "A".
Personally, I like the option of GREEN helmet to go along with another BISON tradition, "CODE GREEN" DEFENSE!!!!

bisonmike2
10-30-2015, 07:55 PM
If they made an alternate helmet with either of the first two original logos, it would be awesome.

https://www.oneherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Bison_Football_Helmets_large_photo.jpg?c42d55

I love the original logo with NDSU across the bison. That would look sweet on a new helmet.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-30-2015, 07:58 PM

NO HATERS! JUST PICK 1.

C,E, and F would be sick.

ndsubison1
10-30-2015, 08:01 PM
The black looks sweet on helmet F

BisonNation11
10-30-2015, 08:05 PM
#1 F
#2 E, but with green instead of black
#3 G, but with the current logo that's on the helmets

Jay
10-30-2015, 08:17 PM
G but with Snorty. White helmet for a white out.

ZHerd
10-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Original logo looks like something off a ND coffee mug from a tourist store, not something for athletic gear:hide:

gsagedahl
10-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Original logo looks like something off a ND coffee mug from a tourist store, not something for athletic gear:hide:

Well, we are all getting to be heavy coffee drinkers!!!!

Mayville Bison
10-30-2015, 09:16 PM
I love the Matte helmet look, but B looks terrible with the glossy logo on the matte helmet. Something like this Boise one would work or a Michigan style helmet with our Green and Yellow colors and no logo would work, too.

EDIT - Change the black on the Boise helmet to green and then stencil in the logo with either white or yellow outline.

bisonp
10-30-2015, 09:27 PM
I love the Matte helmet look, but B looks terrible with the glossy logo on the matte helmet. Something like this Boise one would work or a Michigan style helmet with our Green and Yellow colors and no logo would work, too.

EDIT - Change the black on the Boise helmet to green and then stencil in the logo with either white or yellow outline.

You know, just the head of the existing logo may look good.

BISONBRI53
10-30-2015, 09:56 PM
Hmmmmm, MAYBE Bison_Backer provided the donation of the new helmets- he informed us of the potential news and that we would be not making an announcement other that just coming out of the tunnel, and there has been no other news anywhere of the potential new domes
:innocent:

We are getting a new dome now??? No corner supports I hope!!!!

Christopher Moen
10-30-2015, 09:56 PM
I love the original logo with NDSU across the bison. That would look sweet on a new helmet.

Original logo? Could even go back further:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_se6nHEbQTJ4/TQVkCvmSwMI/AAAAAAAAEx4/bHJv70LtR5Q/s1600/ndac.jpg

or just to the direct predecessor of the NDSU Bison logo:

https://c3.staticflickr.com/7/6058/6286089306_c4239cfc86_z.jpg

Vet70
10-30-2015, 10:41 PM
I'd guess the 'special helmet' crowd is bigger than you think. (I would LOVE an alt helmet)

The vocal minority just drones out the quiet majority.

A clear case of the 'special helmet' crowd was silenced.

ZHerd
10-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Well, we are all getting to be heavy coffee drinkers!!!!

True that. Coffee addiction is a wise life choice :nod:

HerdBot
10-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Original logo? Could even go back further:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_se6nHEbQTJ4/TQVkCvmSwMI/AAAAAAAAEx4/bHJv70LtR5Q/s1600/ndac.jpg

or just to the direct predecessor of the NDSU Bison logo:

https://c3.staticflickr.com/7/6058/6286089306_c4239cfc86_z.jpg

Those super old logos went away for a reason.

HerdBot
10-31-2015, 12:01 AM

NO HATERS! JUST PICK 1.

B
A
C
The others are disqualified

Tony Almeida
10-31-2015, 01:28 AM
B
A
C
The others are disqualified

I like F & A....wait...I'm being serious. The face mask just needs a different color on F.

EC8CH
10-31-2015, 01:32 AM
Jokes on you guys... I just trademarked all of those helmet designs.

roadwarrior
10-31-2015, 01:38 AM
Jokes on you guys... I just trademarked all of those helmet designs.

Thanks, Hawk

G_Funky
10-31-2015, 02:54 AM
F with matte blk
New blk unis head to toe
"Murdered Out" night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BYZEN
10-31-2015, 03:38 AM
Pink for breast cancer awareness month...I got the text.:irslow::rofl:

Bison4ever56
10-31-2015, 04:54 AM
How about a brown helmet with horns on the side... similar to the Vikings helmets with horns on the side?

Brown to look like a bison head??

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
10-31-2015, 06:29 AM
Those super old logos went away for a reason.

Are you saying they didn't represent the "university" as a whole, especially the "applied sciences?"

phxbison
10-31-2015, 03:03 PM
"F" is very cool !

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2015, 03:22 PM
F with matte blk
New blk unis head to toe
"Murdered Out" night

With the blackout visor.......

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/bydokrfhlqeillapcwrm.jpg

And........

http://www.wapdesigning.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/black-nail-polish-mate.jpg

hey man.....................balls to the wall...................

Bisonator98
10-31-2015, 03:28 PM

NO HATERS! JUST PICK 1.

I choose H. No need for an alternate helmet. We're the North Dakota State Bison. We don't need these fucking gimmicks, we just win baby!

TransAmBison
10-31-2015, 04:13 PM
I choose H. No need for an alternate helmet. We're the North Dakota State Bison. We don't need these fucking gimmicks, we just win baby!So if some private donors chose to do something nice for the university and players, you would tell them no thanks, I don't want your free gift?

I understand it isn't a need. I suppose the team could still be wearing the same uniforms that were used in the 90's, right? Why can't they keep reusing the same uniform?

I understand your pride...and I understand the point that the substance is in how NDSU plays...not looks. But that doesn't mean they can't keep up with the times too. I also think people should be a lot more appreciative of whoever donated the funds for this venture.

BYZEN
10-31-2015, 04:43 PM
So if some private donors chose to do something nice for the university and players, you would tell them no thanks, I don't want your free gift?

I understand it isn't a need. I suppose the team could still be wearing the same uniforms that were used in the 90's, right? Why can't they keep reusing the same uniform?

I understand your pride...and I understand the point that the substance is in how NDSU plays...not looks. But that doesn't mean they can't keep up with the times too. I also think people should be a lot more appreciative of whoever donated the funds for this venture.

So YOU'RE THE ONE!!!!! OMFG fuzzy helmets:facepalm2:

G_Funky
10-31-2015, 04:47 PM
I choose H. No need for an alternate helmet. We're the North Dakota State Bison. We don't need these fucking gimmicks, we just win baby!

I am still floored by the mindset that this has anything to do the play on the field.

A helmet does not change a guards speed on a pull. A helmet does not dictate the pad level on a double team. A helmet does not provide our young/inexperienced safeties with some special powers to read the RO...

all those things are affected by the guys putting 15 or 16 hrs a day in the offices and the players putting in 10 hrs a day in the meeting room/training facility/and the field.

However a helmet does provide a change of pace. It does offer the athletic program a chance to gain some revenue. It does show potential recruits that the program is interested in progressing (to a degree) and providing the same opportunities in every facet of the game...whether that being winning conference and national titles or changing up the routine a bit wearing an alt helmet or jersey.

I know to the generation who has been rooting for the bison since they popped out of the womb and have experienced the ups and downs and traditions of this fine university from the beginning of time this whole "devil spawn alternate helmet" sounds to you like they are shutting down the football program and forgetting about all the tradition...when in be grand scheme of things they are just doing something fun and exciting for the players and fans.

I find it interesting that so much is being done with the training facilities around campus and there seems to be a very large amount of support and interest in updating the bsa, expanding the dome, and staying up with the teams in our league and region that are moving forward in facilities management. An ipf and updated weight room wasn't around in the 80s and 90s...hell the first guys to suit up for su didn't even have friggin facemasks on their Helmets for Christ's sake yet they aren't shown in any of the "evolution of tradition" pics of the bison helmets from years past.

HerdBot
10-31-2015, 04:59 PM
So if some private donors chose to do something nice for the university and players, you would tell them no thanks, I don't want your free gift?

Nailed it ^^^

Vet70
10-31-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't care how your vote turns out, I want to revote at least twice.

HerdBot
10-31-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't care how your vote turns out, I want to revote at least twice.

But only after we hire a committee which gives the final decision to a higher up

westnodak93bison
10-31-2015, 05:30 PM

How about saying thanks but your generous donation could be better used with cost of attendance? Let me buy you a beer and I can explain why.

Jay
10-31-2015, 05:38 PM
How about saying thanks but your generous donation could be better used with cost of attendance? Let me buy you a beer and I can explain why.

Maybe COA money isn't a problem. It shouldn't be.

I love it. Can't wait to see it.

No_Skill
10-31-2015, 05:39 PM

That would be a slap in the face if you ask me. If someone wants to direct their donation, you say thank you and move forward.

Kujava23
10-31-2015, 06:07 PM
if they made an alternate helmet with either of the first two original logos, it would be awesome.

https://www.oneherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/bison_football_helmets_large_photo.jpg?c42d55

i love snorty

NDSUSR
10-31-2015, 06:14 PM

And that would be the last donation I would ever make. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

BYZEN
10-31-2015, 06:22 PM

I have had a different organization try and tell me to do something different with my money than what I had it earmarked for, so I did, by not giving it to them.:facepalm2:

HerdBot
10-31-2015, 06:28 PM

Yeah but that's kind of a dick move. Where does it stop? Hey I want to donate to the shac. No Teammakers is more important. No COA is more important. If we turn people down we wouldn't have these new cool things like remodeled coaching offices, player lounges, and new stuff throughout the dome. Those are driven by fans and donors.

RonMexico
10-31-2015, 06:44 PM

So a polite FU then...

westnodak93bison
10-31-2015, 06:47 PM
So a polite FU then...
Whatever. Point out the real needs and it sure aint another helmet

NDSUSR
10-31-2015, 06:50 PM

My house needs a lot of things that I could spend money on, but every once in a while I go blow money on something fun.
You do the same... :)

Jay
10-31-2015, 06:52 PM

Turn that frown upside down dude and just enjoy it.

Bisonator98
10-31-2015, 06:56 PM
So someone donated money for the specific reason to change the fucking helmet design? If so then eff them. What's next? What if someone wants to donate money to change the nickname from Bison to frogs?? How about the colors maybe teal and purple??? Some things are non negotiable and our tradition should be one of them.

westnodak93bison
10-31-2015, 06:57 PM
My house needs a lot of things that I could spend money on, but every once in a while I go blow money on something fun.
You do the same... :)
If someone offered to pay for names on the back of the jerseys would you be good with it? Not me.

aces1180
10-31-2015, 06:59 PM

Sounds like something UN_ would do...In fact, they did it and Sanford Health said FU (goodbye $10 million)

westnodak93bison
10-31-2015, 06:59 PM
I see Purdue is pounding the once mighty NE after they went all black unis last week. Coincidence? I think not.

1998braves64
10-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Some are forgetting this is NOT a change this is a one game a year situation. So far it is all rumor I haven't heard seen anything official.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBot
10-31-2015, 07:05 PM
If someone offered to pay for names on the back of the jerseys would you be good with it? Not me.

That's one of the things I wouldn't take money for but any REAL Bison donor wouldn't even ask.

westnodak93bison
10-31-2015, 07:07 PM
That's one of the things I wouldn't take money for but any REAL Bison donor wouldn't even ask.
I don't like messing with tradition or the football gods.

HerdBot
10-31-2015, 07:07 PM
LOVE the helmets!!!

Milkman
10-31-2015, 07:16 PM
This thread is a clinic on how to beat the shit out of a strawman

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

scbison91
10-31-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't like messing with tradition or the football gods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk they already have when green pants came in and then golden jersey.. we still won.

westnodak93bison
10-31-2015, 10:39 PM
they already have when green pants came in and then golden jersey.. we still won.
Then back it up on the field. Not real confident at this point. I'm talking end game by the way.

1998braves64
11-01-2015, 01:04 AM
Helmets and uniforms are aesthetic; heart, hard work and attitudes are your true traditions. Only thing would bother me is name on jerseys... We all say here that UN_ should just let the name go and if Bison name was forced to retire we wouldn't put up a big fuss... This much hand wringing over a stinking helmet makes me wonder if some of us aren't lying to ourselves on how we'd react in that situation.

NDSUSR
11-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Helmets and uniforms are aesthetic; heart, hard work and attitudes are your true traditions. Only thing would bother me is name on jerseys... We all say here that UN_ should just let the name go and if Bison name was forced to retire we wouldn't put up a big fuss... This much hand wringing over a stinking helmet makes me wonder if some of us aren't lying to ourselves on how we'd react in that situation.

I love our current stuff, but an occasional "killer" uniform game would be fine with me.

gotts
11-01-2015, 04:32 AM
If a 2nd helmet gets worn once/twice a year and it means fewer checkerboard games for the fans, I'm for it.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2015, 12:59 PM
So someone donated money for the specific reason to change the fucking helmet design? If so then eff them. What's next? What if someone wants to donate money to change the nickname from Bison to frogs?? How about the colors maybe teal and purple??? Some things are non negotiable and our tradition should be one of them.
You can't be serious. I'll let you in on a little secret, the players love stuff like this (see JMU players go ape shit over a throwback helmet on CGD last week) and they bust their asses year round so I don't mind seeing a little perk thrown their way. It's so completely different from the other stuff you're throwing out there it's comical.

JMB
11-01-2015, 01:23 PM
You can't be serious. I'll let you in on a little secret, the players love stuff like this (see JMU players go ape shit over a throwback helmet on CGD last week) and they bust their asses year round so I don't mind seeing a little perk thrown their way. It's so completely different from the other stuff you're throwing out there it's comical.

Put me into the "Bored with funky Uniforms camp." To me college sports are about tradition. I think UND wearing black is a joke, and I root against Oregon because of their stupid uniforms. However, I wouldn't be completely opposed to a throwback uniform that tied back to previous championship years. Wear it during the harvest bowl or something, but please then less of the yellow uniforms.

bisoningrandforks
11-01-2015, 01:31 PM
ok the winning helmet design is F

BYZEN
11-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Put me into the "Bored with funky Uniforms camp." To me college sports are about tradition. I think UND wearing black is a joke, and I root against Oregon because of their stupid uniforms. However, I wouldn't be completely opposed to a throwback uniform that tied back to previous championship years. Wear it during the harvest bowl or something, but please then less of the yellow uniforms.

Two words: undefeated in yellow uniforms. Just saying:hide:

I'm not a fan of all the "Oregonish" uniform changes but if someone bought an alternate color (green or white) helmet for our team so be it. Just so it doesn't fricken say ProSead on one side. :facepalm:

ByeSonBusiness
11-01-2015, 01:40 PM

I'm not a fan of all the "Oregonish" uniform changes but if someone bought an alternate color (green or white) helmet for our team so be it. Just so it doesn't fricken say ProSead on one side. :facepalm:

Doesn't change that the yellow jerseys are ugly af.

Rock
11-01-2015, 02:24 PM
I thought with yellow uniforms, a championship team has earned the right to stamp a small item into to the book of traditions that maintains respect for the past (yellow uniforms not black), and the process should be approached that way. Kind of like in the game p&a earning the right to make a rule.

Other teams that have not "earned it" seem gimmicky. "You gotta earn it." May have been sound advice from our friends at UNI.

Insert pics of rings here.

ByeSonBusiness
11-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I thought with yellow uniforms, a championship team has earned the right to stamp a small item into to the book of traditions that maintains respect for the past (yellow uniforms not black), and the process should be approached that way. Kind of like in the game p&a earning the right to make a rule.

Other teams that have not "earned it" seem gimmicky. "You gotta earn it." May have been sound advice from our friends at UNI.

How the hell do you have to earn the right to have alternate uniforms?? That made zero sense.

JMB
11-01-2015, 03:44 PM

My point was, we have 6 regular season games per year... To me the proper mix is to have 4 in traditional uni's (at least) and 2 in some alternative uniforms. You want to play around a bit in the playoffs, whatever. Hell let the team decide as a reward for getting a home game in the playoffs.

bisonp
11-01-2015, 03:52 PM

So you are saying the 2011 team "earned" those yellow uniforms because they won a title after they started wearing them? I'm not following.

td577
11-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Personally, I really don't care what uniform they wear. I like the ones we have. The green, yellow, and white are all nice. If they want to do a special helmet and then auction it off for extra money for the program, I would be all for it. As far as picking a uniform for the game be it green or yellow for example, if there is a choice, it should go to the starting QB and what he feels comfortable with. A uniform doesn't ever make a team.

Rock
11-01-2015, 03:55 PM
So you are saying the 2011 team "earned" those yellow uniforms because they won a title after they started wearing them? I'm not following.

My mistake thought yellows were later. They should have held off a year.

Jay
11-02-2015, 12:03 PM
@FGOSPORTSWRITER: NDSU to wear green football helmets against Western Illinois | INFORUM https://t.co/wbvSkJl1Aw

Matte green

HerdBot
11-02-2015, 12:20 PM
It's official http://www.inforum.com/sports/3873882-ndsu-wear-green-football-helmets-against-western-illinois

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 12:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AGD32Bj.jpg

Green Helmets, Dogs and Cats living together, Mass Hysteria.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I don't like matte but if it's going to be one game, for the Harvest Bowl, I don't care.

scottietohottie
11-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I just hope this doesn't mess with the gold jersey karma.

Gully
11-02-2015, 12:32 PM
I hope we win, but if we do lose the entertainment on this thread will be priceless!

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Green for "harvest" bowl? But isn't the standard yellow more appropriate for harvest? :p

Wally
11-02-2015, 12:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Mr Pep Band
11-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Green Helmets yes, for 1-2 games per year. Green however would be more appropriate for the Trees Bowl, not the Harvest bowl, which should be yellow IMO.

Hammerhead
11-02-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm OK with any combination of colors as long as we stick to the actual school colors. No black and no grey or whatever color the Gophers wore vs. Michigan. :p

IzzyFlexion
11-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Same Bison decal, I wonder?

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Same Bison decal, I wonder?

I would bet on it. now that I think about it that yellow decal on a green matte helmet might be kind of sharp.

Jay
11-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Something unique to the helmet... for agriculture/Harvest Bowl?

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 01:50 PM

The NDAC logo might be kind of nice.

NDSUBowler
11-02-2015, 01:56 PM

Soybeans ONE TIME!!!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyHEae4m2tLufpfAcvhLPfo8HTiBObN JRQHuvC5a6BZZOiwcsT8A2iYN8

Professor Chaos
11-02-2015, 01:58 PM
They totally stole my design from NCAA Football 2014 TeamBuilder and just put a matte finish on it. I demand compensation!

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/tplesuk111/AltHelmets_zps7vwmxkps.jpg

CalBison97
11-02-2015, 02:03 PM
They totally stole my design from NCAA Football 2014 TeamBuilder and just put a matte finish on it. I demand compensation!

I think those look pretty sharp! Excited to see the team in these

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Wait, is that confirmed? Did they get leaked before CK's press conference?

Professor Chaos
11-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Wait, is that confirmed? Did they get leaked before CK's press conference?
No, that's just what I did in EA Sports TeamBuilder app they have for creating custom teams in NCAA 14. No inside info from me other than what's already been posted but I wouldn't be surprised if it's identical to those just with a matte finish.

phxbison
11-02-2015, 02:12 PM
I would love to see it with the enlarged bison logo on it !

bisonp
11-02-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't think I'll mind how matte green looks, it just really really bugs me that another school has been doing that all season. It better be dark.

CAS4127
11-02-2015, 02:19 PM

Would look very good with white uni's and maybe yellow. Gonna be very difficult too match perfectly with green uni's. And if they don't match, that will be shitty to look at.

Sent from my iPhone.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Would look very good with white uni's and maybe yellow. Gonna be very difficult too match perfectly with green uni's. And if they don't match, that will be shitty to look at.

Sent from my iPhone.

Yellow jerseys for Saturday.

SoCalBison
11-02-2015, 02:24 PM
I can't understand why we're changing something so iconic...damn, folks, our helmet color wasn't broken.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 02:25 PM
I can't understand why we're changing something so iconic...damn, folks, our helmet color wasn't broken.

a one off for the Harvest Bowl. No big deal.

CAS4127
11-02-2015, 02:30 PM
a one off for the Harvest Bowl. No big deal.

I could see them becoming our road helmets.

Ignore: Just read article.

Sent from my iPhone.

MrSnuffleupagus
11-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Speculating on different colored helmets and jerseys before an official Tweet or press release?!

YOU ALL SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED.

NDSUguy
11-02-2015, 02:33 PM

Making WAYYYYYY to much of a deal about this. It's not like the helmet/uniforms are "traditional". Both have changed many times over the years. Hell, we have changed them both a few times since the "new" logo came out. Schools choose to keep up with the times/trends in uniform desing. No one is bitching about the new jerseys that we used a few years ago yet if we make a helmet green. OH MY GOD!

NorthernBison
11-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Speculating on different colored helmets and jerseys before an official Tweet or press release?!

YOU ALL SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED.
Yellow jerseys and green matte helmets has been reported by the Forum. CK weekly Press Conference will reveal the helmet.

MankatoBison
11-02-2015, 02:35 PM
I remember I suggested that it was possible that a green helmet may look cool back in 2007 or so as an 8th grader and the harassment I received from my peers on Bisonville was so hateful and angry that I closed my profile haha...

NorthernBison
11-02-2015, 02:37 PM
I remember I suggested that it was possible that a green helmet may look cool back in 2007 or so as an 8th grader and the harassment I received from my peers on Bisonville was so hateful and angry that I closed my profile haha...
We actually do act a lot like 8th graders around here.

Hammerhead
11-02-2015, 02:40 PM
I'm not a big fan of matte finishes although the Vikings helmets aren't too bad. I like to polish my helmet to keep it shiny. :)

[since we are acting like 8th graders]

Bisonville GasMan
11-02-2015, 02:40 PM
I consider myself a traditionalist in most respects when it comes to NDSU football...but I think this is gonna be pretty cool honestly.

aces1180
11-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Big recruiting weekend, and as much as some may say who cares, this stuff matters nowadays.

I can't wait to see them!

CAS4127
11-02-2015, 03:15 PM

I consider myself a traditionalist in most respects when it comes to NDSU football...but I think this is gonna be pretty cool honestly.

I'm kinda with you guys, but we seem to have done OK with green pants and yellow jersey, both of which "broke" tradition. If these things look good, I really think they should consider them as our "away" or traveling helmets. Green pants, white jersey and a green matte helmet feels like it would be a good, cool combo.

ZHerd
11-02-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm just glad that there is no black...or pink.

StL Bison Fan
11-02-2015, 03:21 PM
As long as we keep the winning part of the tradition, I dont care about uniforms.
Unless they go all Oregon on us.

BadlandsBison
11-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Personally I'm not a fan of matte finish. Feels like a fashion trend

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bisonmike2
11-02-2015, 03:22 PM

I made one on teambuilder that was white with the Bison logo. It looked pretty sweet. I really miss NCAA 2014 football.

BisonAccountant44
11-02-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm kinda with you guys, but we seem to have done OK with green pants and yellow jersey, both of which "broke" tradition. If these things look good, I really think they should consider them as our "away" or traveling helmets. Green pants, white jersey and a green matte helmet feels like it would be a good, cool combo.
As long as they look good I'm fine with mixing them in anywhere.

With 3 jerseys, 2 pants and 2 helmets used in different combos you instantly have a lot of ways to keep having a new look without going Oregon on the uniforms.

CAS4127
11-02-2015, 03:26 PM
As long as they look good I'm fine with mixing them in anywhere.

With 3 jerseys, 2 pants and 2 helmets used in different combos you instantly have a lot of ways to keep having a new look without going Oregon on the uniforms.

Agreed.

My fear is that the new helmets may be a distraction that we don't need leading into THIS particular game. Once used, the distraction goes away I think.

Bisonville GasMan
11-02-2015, 03:26 PM
It's a damned good thing my wife isn't in charge of deciding on what uniforms the team wears. We would have to have brand new ones for every game and the team would have to try on at least three of them before actually coming out of the tunnel.

Professor Chaos
11-02-2015, 03:27 PM
I made one on teambuilder that was white with the Bison logo. It looked pretty sweet. I really miss NCAA 2014 football.
Their TeamBuilder site is still up and still works(http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/). I was able to modify the NDSU team I made last year with this year's roster back during fall camp and use them on my Xbox. Although if you don't have the game or if it doesn't work anymore it's probably not worth the trouble. NCAA Football 2014 for XBox is going for $120 on Amazon right now.

****in' Ed Obannon!

OatmealWicket92
11-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Sweet move, would love to have a mini version for my desk.

I care only about the players and supporting them, and if this is something that helps bring students in. DO IT.

moosbah
11-02-2015, 03:39 PM

Based upon how well NDSU markets the team, I think these green helmets will be nice, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the matte finish aspect.

ZHerd
11-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Based upon how well NDSU markets the team, I think these green helmets will be nice, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the matte finish aspect.

Same. I almost always prefer shine over matte. Exception=current gopher helmets

BisonNation11
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm not a fan of matte finish on helmets, but it is what it is. Considering you know who unveiled a green matte helmet this year, it better not be anywhere close to theirs in color. In my mind I can't envision it looking good but I'm hoping to be surprised. Trying to keep an open mind with this. What I do like about the whole situation is they're unveiling this on Monday so the players can get as amped as they want today about it and then it's back to the grind. Come Saturday morning they have a home game after 3 weeks, a two game win streak, confidence and a new helmet to don. Plenty of reasons the players should be pumped to play Saturday afternoon if playing a conference game at home wasn't enough.

bri-dog
11-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Count me as another who has never been a big fan of the matte finishes.

They could have done worse, though -- they could have been yellow (which looks awful, IMO)...

NDSUguy
11-02-2015, 03:53 PM
The reason the gophers helmet looks good in matte is because it's a dark color. Green should also fit into that. If it looks something like Baylor's matte but with a bright yellow/green logo it should pop.

moosbah
11-02-2015, 03:56 PM
The reason the gophers helmet looks good in matte is because it's a dark color. Green should also fit into that. If it looks something like Baylor's matte but with a bright yellow/green logo it should pop.

I'm more intrigued with what they will do with the logo. Same logo, secondary logo, big logo, chromed logo, logo on one side, number on the other, etc ...

KyleK
11-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Big recruiting weekend, and as much as some may say who cares, this stuff matters nowadays.

I can't wait to see them!
^^^^
Tradition is more than a helmet.

You can't build a tradition from cool uniforms, helmets or a slogan on the back of one. Tradition takes time to build, NDSU has that and it won't change because they have an alternative helmet.

This is important stuff to some of the players current and future, if this helps attract ones that help build on the tradition, bring them on.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 04:01 PM

Besides, matte picks up contact marks better. Shows some physicality.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Picshttps://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/12189219_10153760252199532_4955303237320715167_o.j pg
https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12189869_10153760252369532_1507141699685567673_n.p ng?oh=7aaaf09c78e0fb303672462b302c5629&oe=56C9F2B0

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 04:03 PM
https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12185143_10153760252569532_8187162954988322858_o.j pg

Ginsbach
Those are beautiful.

moosbah
Picshttps://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/12189219_10153760252199532_4955303237320715167_o.j pg
https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12189869_10153760252369532_1507141699685567673_n.p ng?oh=7aaaf09c78e0fb303672462b302c5629&oe=56C9F2B0

SICK!(in the good way)

TransAmBison
11-02-2015, 04:04 PM
That doesn't look too bad...I'm impressed. I'm not generally a fan of the matte finish either...but I could get behind this one. Thanks to all who made this happen.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 04:04 PM
https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12187669_10153760252799532_2941497374621508828_n.j pg?oh=b00929c85e8cf1004923dfe212c370f2&oe=56B0195D

IBleedYellow
11-02-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't like it, but I understand why we have it.

At least it doesn't look like trash.

BisonAccountant44
11-02-2015, 04:05 PM
They look awesome!

The stripe does make it look like these could be a one time deal though.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 04:07 PM
They look awesome!

The stripe does make it look like these could be a one time deal though.

I don't know. It's an Ag college, no reason to run from that.

moosbah
11-02-2015, 04:08 PM

I agree. I like that they don't shy away from being an ag school. Own it.

ByeSonBusiness
11-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Can't see real well on my phone. Is that helmet black????

DISREGARD: turned up brightness. Looks green. Like the stripe. Swag.

Jay
11-02-2015, 04:10 PM

No. Matte green.

EC8CH

If they end up being like this, I think they look pretty tastefully done and would look pretty good with the gold uniforms, which probably should have had green helmets to go with them from the beginning.

Nevermind.... real ones look even better! They should just wear the green helmets everytime they wear the gold jerseys.

IBleedYellow

DISREGARD: turned up brightness. Looks green. Like the stripe. Swag.

Matte Green.

While it doesn't look bad (it looks pretty good), I just don't like it for the program. Ah well.

KilldeerBison
I think they look good, now go get a win against Western!

Christopher Moen
11-02-2015, 04:12 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZxN4mB3K3Q#action=share

OatmealWicket92
11-02-2015, 04:15 PM
me when I saw these:

wagsabison
11-02-2015, 04:16 PM
They look good... I'd buy a mini replica if they sold them.

Jay
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
They look good... I'd buy a mini replica if they sold them.

I would suspect you'll see these at Scheels this week. If not, opportunity missed.

Bison 4 Life
They look very aggressive. I love that.

I also wonder if these are going to replace the yellow jerseys which have become a little passe in the last year or so as the "hot alternate" look.

wagsabison
I would suspect you'll see these at Scheels this week. If not, opportunity missed.

I agree

BisonNation11
11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Ok, I like it! Like a lot! Really like the stripe! Definitely works for Harvest Bowl and it fits with the uniforms. If they only use this helmet once, show me where to go where I can buy it. If they decide to continue to use it, I'm all for it. I'm seriously in shock how much I like them!

Bison"FANatic"
11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
mehhhhhhhhh whatever, they can break out PL's leather helmet for all I care, Its football not a fashion show.

JUST WIN THE DAMN GAME

that's all I care.

moosbah
11-02-2015, 04:19 PM
I like em as a once a year, maybe twice alternate, but that would be plenty.

HerdBot
11-02-2015, 04:20 PM

The Cornhuskers don't shy away from it

HerdBot
11-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Wow those are awesome!

No_Skill
11-02-2015, 04:21 PM
They look good. I especially like the way the yellow face shield looks against the green helmet. It also looks good with the yellow jerseys.

Jay
11-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Love them and it's a sign of the times. Twitter is very live right now with NDSU chatter. Good stuff too.

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 04:23 PM
I like em as a once a year, maybe twice alternate, but that would be plenty.

Should wear green helmets whenever they wear the yellow jerseys. Looks much better. Just how the Yellow helmet, green jersey, yellow pants look on the standard home uniforms.

Typically the yellow jerseys are worn just 2 or 3 times a year anyway.

strikesgold
11-02-2015, 04:24 PM
I was vehemently opposed to new helmets, in particular a matte finish. However, these look awesome!! Way to go NDSU!!

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Should wear green helmets whenever they wear the yellow jerseys. Looks much better. Just how the Yellow helmet, green jersey, yellow pants look on the standard home uniforms.

Agreed.

Hell, if we play a team in the playoffs with yellow hats, might be a good contrast.

scbison91
11-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Ok, I like it! Like a lot! Really like the stripe! Definitely works for Harvest Bowl and it fits with the uniforms. If they only use this helmet once, show me where to go where I can buy it. If they decide to continue to use it, I'm all for it. I'm seriously in shock how much I like them! I think they would look great for road uniform with green pants, white jerseys and green helmet. I never liked Green pants and yellow helmets.

tjbison
11-02-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm more intrigued with what they will do with the logo. Same logo, secondary logo, big logo, chromed logo, logo on one side, number on the other, etc ...

edit..nevermind

HerdBot
11-02-2015, 04:27 PM

Totally agree ^^

ZHerd
11-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I think they would look great for road uniform with green pants, white jerseys and green helmet. I never liked Green pants and yellow helmets.

I love the green pants, yellow helmet road unis

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 04:30 PM
I think they would look great for road uniform with green pants, white jerseys and green helmet. I never liked Green pants and yellow helmets.

I think that would be going a bit too far. Plus I think the yellow helmets look great already on the white jerseys. The yellow jersey's with yellow helmets has always looked like too much yellow and not enough contrast. I think these green helmets make the yellow jerseys look 10x better.

HerdBot
11-02-2015, 04:31 PM
I have to say this. They don't look good. They look fucking awesome. Grand slam. Heck a walk off grand slam.

SC_TX
11-02-2015, 04:34 PM
make them the permanent helmet! Seriously

Mr Pep Band
11-02-2015, 04:36 PM

The matte green actually looks good, not great, but not bad either. I really like the wheat stalk down the middle of the helmet succeeding (not replacing) the traditional green pinstripes. It shows the Agricultural base of the university along with a unique helmet design. But this should be used with the yellow or white uniforms, not eh green ones, and at most 2 twice a year IMO.

Looking forward to seeing these on Saturday!!

Bison03
11-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Love these!!! They look awesome!! It's funny to look back at the beginning of this thread and see how strongly some people were against this and how a new helmet would look awful; then looking at what looks like 100% agreement of how great they look. I agree that we should wear these every time we wear the yellow jerseys. I don't think they would look as good with the green jerseys and definitely do not want to see a green helmet with green jersey with green pants combo at all. Well done NDSU.

Milkman
11-02-2015, 04:44 PM
I have to say this. They don't look good. They look fucking awesome. Grand slam. Heck a walk off grand slam. video of the press release http://sports.cbsimg.net/images//visual/whatshot/Giancarlo.gif

wtffootballfan
11-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Shirts at scheels

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 04:58 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2015/11/2/FB_1102155048.aspx

All questions answered. Funded by alumni and program supporters, will be worn once or twice a season.

bisonp
11-02-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. Pretty conservative. Goes well with the yellow jerseys. Definitely not as polished as the regular ones, but I'm OK with them for one or two games each year.

HoopsBison
11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Love the new fresh look. Job well done NDSU!

Professor Chaos
11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Love these!!! They look awesome!! It's funny to look back at the beginning of this thread and see how strongly some people were against this and how a new helmet would look awful; then looking at what looks like 100% agreement of how great they look. I agree that we should wear these every time we wear the yellow jerseys. I don't think they would look as good with the green jerseys and definitely do not want to see a green helmet with green jersey with green pants combo at all. Well done NDSU.
Who would've thunk it huh? Bisonville could give these guys a run for their money:

https://nomeseasprogre.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/statler_waldorf.jpg

"Alternate helmets? I hate it! Worst idea ever!"
"Agree, why mess with the tradition? I don't want my money spent on this!"
"Oh, they're only wearing them for one game? I guess it's not as bad then."
"You know now that I see them the helmets don't look too bad."
"Not too bad? They look great!"
"Wonderful job NDSU! Best idea ever!"

Mr Pep Band
11-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Who would've thunk it huh? Bisonville could give these guys a run for their money:

https://nomeseasprogre.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/statler_waldorf.jpg

"Alternate helmets? I hate it! Worst idea ever!"
"Agree, why mess with the tradition? I don't want my money spent on this!"
"Oh, they're only wearing them for one game? I guess it's not as bad then."
"You know now that I see them the helmets don't look too bad."
"Not too bad? They look great!"
"Wonderful job NDSU! Best idea ever!"

TRUTH!

10 char

ndsubison1
11-02-2015, 05:09 PM

Oh yeah, I said it as a 7th grader in 2002

jackrabbit1979
11-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Great look for the Bison. I like 'em.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 06:07 PM
CK said kids ask about the uniforms. Be mad, but it's the world we live in.

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 06:16 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/Bison%20helm.jpg?itok=YMVhN1CZ

another pic from the forum because they're so awesome!

mnriverbison
11-02-2015, 06:23 PM
These are awesome.

Remember on this forum when people moaned about the yellow jerseys ruining our tradition? Now they are synonymous with our run of nattys and really are their own tradition. Time for my generation and older to calm down and let the kids have fun

ndsubison1
11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/Bison%20helm.jpg?itok=YMVhN1CZ

Sick! #10char

BisonNation11
11-02-2015, 06:36 PM
NDSU Bookstore is taking pre orders for a mini helmet. $40.00.

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1101007&num=0&start=1&end=7&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=helmet#.Vje7CkrnaTN

wow
11-02-2015, 06:37 PM
I like them, very well done.

devin45k
11-02-2015, 06:41 PM

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=1101007&num=0&start=1&end=7&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=helmet#.Vje7CkrnaTN

Did anyone happen to find out if someone is selling those mini replicas of the Fargodome?

pucknut9
11-02-2015, 06:41 PM

Absolutely love it.

bisonp
11-02-2015, 06:46 PM
CK said kids ask about the uniforms. Be mad, but it's the world we live in.

It's the top trending story on The Forum right now.

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Wheat Stripe looks kinda like a Xenomorph tail... in other words, bad ass.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm7bNzkR5JCDejvI5jT7ZBx4M1D0lz2 iW7MMeOpXOnQMnGtekx

tony
11-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Should have known NDSU would knock this out of the park.

BisonFan02
11-02-2015, 06:51 PM
One of these helmets needs to be headed to ESPN.....ASAP

Bisonwinagn
11-02-2015, 06:56 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm7bNzkR5JCDejvI5jT7ZBx4M1D0lz2 iW7MMeOpXOnQMnGtekx

I thought it had to be soybeans after watching the broadcasts. How many bushels of soybeans does it take to make a helmet?!

wagsabison
11-02-2015, 06:56 PM

A little pricey but might as well take advantage of the "fresh" look.

aces1180
11-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Did anyone happen to find out if someone is selling those mini replicas of the Fargodome?

I saw some on display at Scheels, but none for sale.

Professor Chaos
11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm superstitious so I'm going to need to see a win in the green helmets on Saturday before I put any money down for a replica.

Bisonville GasMan
11-02-2015, 07:42 PM

Xenomorph??? WTF is that???

bisonpride4ever
11-02-2015, 07:42 PM
One of these helmets needs to be headed to ESPN.....ASAP

And to the Dan Patrick Show

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Xenomorph??? WTF is that???

https://unicornbooty.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ALIENS-guy.jpg

tjbison
11-02-2015, 07:45 PM
is the inflatable helmet updated also......:biggrin:

BisoninNWMN
11-02-2015, 07:57 PM

I like it. Looks good!!

Professor Chaos
11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
InForum's poll currently has 416 people who like the helmet and 50 who don't (89% approval). I'd say it's a big thumbs up from the fans as well as the players.

Bison_Backer
11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
CAlled IT! http://footballscoop.com/news/north-dakota-state-has-unvieled-special-alternate-harvest-helmets/

Hammerhead
11-02-2015, 08:03 PM

They had them at the Fargo Scheels a week or two ago.

OatmealWicket92
11-02-2015, 08:06 PM

I will buy one and learn how to expand the seating to accommodate 100k+

StL Bison Fan
11-02-2015, 08:07 PM

I think the small one was 100 bucks

devin45k
11-02-2015, 08:24 PM
I think the small one was 100 bucks

Good god! I knew it would be pricey but damn!

Snowgoose
11-02-2015, 08:26 PM
I love the new helmet with the yellow jerseys. We actually should have done this sooner just with the yellow jerseys as others have mentioned.

cbline
11-02-2015, 08:34 PM
InForum's poll currently has 416 people who like the helmet and 50 who don't (89% approval). I'd say it's a big thumbs up from the fans as well as the players.

I just put my InForum vote up for sale on Craig's List. Asking price: $100.

roadwarrior
11-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Just announced: all fans asked to wear yellow shirts and green caps

StL Bison Fan
11-02-2015, 09:16 PM

God, I hope you are just being funny...

tjbison
11-02-2015, 09:16 PM

this might cause a meltdown.....lol

Professor Chaos
11-02-2015, 09:17 PM
And if you're in an even numbered section row U and up or an odd numbered section row T and down you're supposed to wear green underwear. Otherwise wear yellow underwear. Bison undies are on sale at Scheels for $59.99 for a 6 pack!

bisonhp330
11-02-2015, 09:21 PM
'Recruiting at the Division I level is an arm’s race. It’s not just facilities and it’s not just who you play, but a lot of it is what you wear. '

a recruit that wants to come here because what the WEAR???? are you f'in kidding me? Its official- the pussification of America has infiltrated NDSU.

reformedUNDfan
11-02-2015, 09:30 PM
'Recruiting at the Division I level is an arm’s race. It’s not just facilities and it’s not just who you play, but a lot of it is what you wear. '

a recruit that wants to come here because what the WEAR???? are you f'in kidding me? Its official- the pussification of America has infiltrated NDSU.

That's a huge leap.

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 09:32 PM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/5FH/not-sure-if-serious-fry/image.png

EC8CH
11-02-2015, 09:38 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/HELMETWIDE.JPG?itok=YujxAKPm

more awesome pics

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 09:44 PM

and some people will complain about anything.

bisonhp330
11-02-2015, 09:45 PM
That's a huge leap.
Maybe you aren't completely reformed yet- you still have the Whioux way of life- .500 teams elected to the hall of fame and participation ribbons for all.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm going to guess that at least half of those "pussies" at JMU who were excited over their new helmet could fold you up so small you'd fit into an envelope.

SDbison
11-02-2015, 09:52 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/HELMETWIDE.JPG?itok=YujxAKPm

more awesome pics OK, What I do like about this helmet is how the decal makes the entire bison stand out against the background as compared to looking like an outline sketch on the yellow helmet.

bisonhp330
11-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I'm going to guess that at least half of those "pussies" at JMU who were excited over their new helmet could fold you up so small you'd fit into an envelope.

We lose a recruit because he is worried about looking pretty we don't need him.
And send JMU. and tell them to bring a big goddamn envelope

Christopher Moen
11-02-2015, 10:02 PM
The helmet is so sweet, it has these guys raging with jealousy!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3534753/oregonnooo.gif

td577
11-02-2015, 10:07 PM
We lose a recruit because he is worried about looking pretty we don't need him.
And send JMU. and tell them to bring a big goddamn envelope

I have to think part of having a new look is it gives recruits the appearance the program is on top of having the newest, most high speed equipment. They want to know the school they are going to is going to have the latest edition of technology in every aspect of their experience. There is no better way of displaying that then showcasing a new look because it is obviously the latest equipment out there. So my theory isn't that is about a look so much as it is a reassurance they are equipped well. If the last piece of the puzzle is a program recycling 5 year old technology against the program with new equipment, then if boosters are going to throw out the cash to show we are progressive, then let's not let that be the deciding factor. In today's college athletics, there isn't a whole lot separating one program from another anymore. NDSU has done a lot to stay ahead of the field so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I just don't think it is all about creating a new look as reinforcing we have an athletic culture which is progressive. If you come here, you will not only be part of an incredible tradition, you will be involved with a program that pays attention to every single detail of your experience.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2015, 10:07 PM
How about a new seasonal wheat stripe design. Green for the first half of the season and yellow for the second half.

tjbison
11-02-2015, 10:08 PM
The helmet is so sweet, it has these guys raging with jealousy!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3534753/oregonnooo.gif

hmm....photoshop could make this an interesting gif

td577
11-02-2015, 10:11 PM
hmm....photoshop could make this an interesting gif

For the love of anything, just don't do it.

TbonZach
11-02-2015, 10:18 PM
For the love of anything, just don't do it.

What's wrong with churning butter? Or unclogging a toilet?

HerdBoy
11-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Looks good.:bowdown:

wtffootballfan
11-02-2015, 10:36 PM
I love the new helmet. I hope the use it more than once.