PDA

View Full Version : The Gang Discusses Damaris P's Incident

Bisonator98
10-26-2015, 06:55 PM
He also needs to stay out of trouble.

BFKasper14
10-27-2015, 02:00 AM
He also needs to stay out of trouble.

Does he have a reputation for that or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
10-27-2015, 03:10 AM
Does he have a reputation for that or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an MIP. Could have been worse though.

2011BisonAlumni
10-27-2015, 05:23 AM
Just got an MIP. Could have been worse though.

Christ.....people who didn't get a MIP means that they just didn't have enough fun in life.

HerdBot
10-27-2015, 05:36 AM
Christ can we not post shit like this. If you don't think the media gets their info from this message board your wrong. Case I'm point. A few years ago a former player, now in the NFL got a small charge that the media would have loved to run with it and slander him. Lakes told me about it (hinted in a post) and I asked him to not post it and delete it because the media would freak out and make it a sensationalized headline. Sure enough he kept his mouth shut and the media never even sniffed it. So to the FM media who uses Bisonville.com to dig up dirt. Here's a big Fuck You. Do your own research. Unfortunately this kid here will likely get his name plastered all over the media for something really petty bease of the post. So for future reference, don't post shit unless it's a serious deal. The media loves to write stories exaggerating stuff and they apparently don't do their own homework. Make them work.

56BISON73
10-27-2015, 05:40 AM
Christ can we not post shit like this. If you don't think the media gets their info from this message board your wrong. Case I'm point. A few years ago a former player, now in the NFL got a small charge that the media would have loved to run with it and slander him. Lakes told me about it and I asked him to not post it because the media would freak out and makeep it a sensationalized headline. Sure enough he kept his mouth shut and the media never even sniffed it. So to the FM media who uses Bisonville.com to dig up dirt. Here's a big Fuck You. Do your own research. Unfortunately this kid here will likely get his name plastered all over the media for something really petty. So for future reference, don't post shit unless it's a serious deal. The media loves to write stories exaggerating stuff and they apparently don't do their own homework

Rick
Gotta agree with you on this one.

HerdBot
10-27-2015, 05:48 AM
Rick
Gotta agree with you on this one.

I would even take it a step further and delete it. Besides we don't know if someone is innocent, guilty, or not even charged. Some people just make shit up

Herd80
10-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Christ can we not post shit like this. If you don't think the media gets their info from this message board your wrong. Case I'm point. A few years ago a former player, now in the NFL got a small charge that the media would have loved to run with it and slander him. Lakes told me about it (hinted in a post) and I asked him to not post it and delete it because the media would freak out and make it a sensationalized headline. Sure enough he kept his mouth shut and the media never even sniffed it. So to the FM media who uses Bisonville.com to dig up dirt. Here's a big Fuck You. Do your own research. Unfortunately this kid here will likely get his name plastered all over the media for something really petty bease of the post. So for future reference, don't post shit unless it's a serious deal. The media loves to write stories exaggerating stuff and they apparently don't do their own homework. Make them work.

It was on the 6:00pm WDAY newscast. If the Forum doesn't already know, they have bigger problems than those pointed out on Bisonville.

IzzyFlexion
10-27-2015, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=HerdBot;1054698]I would even take it a step further and delete it. Besides we don't know if someone is innocent, guilty, or not even charged. Some people just make shit up QUOTE]

So, how long have you known Broom Hilda? (aka......my ex wife)

HerdBot
10-27-2015, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=HerdBot;1054698]I would even take it a step further and delete it. Besides we don't know if someone is innocent, guilty, or not even charged. Some people just make shit up QUOTE]

So, how long have you known Broom Hilda? (aka......my ex wife)

Not saying this was made up. I just don't think it's a nice thing to do to post stuff like that. Or at thr very least it's unnecessary info. And to add to it, we just give the media a free pass in research.

HerdBot
10-27-2015, 05:00 PM
I disagree, it is what it is, It is public record and the day we as fans and supporters start hiding run ins with the police that are not speculation is the day the program will start to go down a very slippery slope.

A open transparent post and discussion is the best way to handle it. It may suck sometimes but the truth is the truth and we shouldn't be hiding things.

If we don't talk about a MIP, do we not talk about a DUI or is that not the line and that is ignored and we don't talk about drug charges, well what drug charges possession, delivery. You break the law, it gets reported, keeps it nice and clean.

Kind of taking a holier than though stance are you not Herdbot. I seem to remember you being all over the Coprich info. Or is it just Bison run ins with the law should not be talked about????????

Transparency is the best route to take.

Your actually comparing a felony drug dealer to an 18 year old who was caught with a beer? :facepalm:

I just think it's a dick move to post someone's dirt in a public forum if it's minor. I wouldn't do that to someone I know. It's not covering it up. It's just not being a dick

tjbison
10-27-2015, 05:00 PM
a simple search will answer all the questions, it's not being hid

tony
10-27-2015, 05:06 PM
I'd rather have it all spelled out than just alluded to unless the intent was indeed to make it sound sinister. Besides, as we found out with Wentz's wrist, if you don't supply the details, people will make up their own.

As reported in the Forum*, after drinking (which is he too young to legally do), he walked into the wrong dorm room in one of the high rises. Anybody disagree with that? If you want to think that he was up to no good, that's your right, but it doesn't seem warranted based on the facts.

Maybe I should move this side discussion to a new thread?

* I swear I read it there and was kind of surprised that they didn't link it to the time our kicker walked into the wrong house.

BISONBRI53
10-27-2015, 05:19 PM
This is not new news... It was reported weeks ago. Maybe after the Pioux game? Ease up Gabe! Just because you didn't start the thread don't get your panties in a bunch!

Professor Chaos
10-27-2015, 05:21 PM
He is from Wisconsin. Don't they put beer in their baby formula there?

Bisonator98
10-27-2015, 06:43 PM
I seriously didn't mean to cause a shitstorm. I thought everybody heard about it anyway as it was on the news.

BisonNation11
10-27-2015, 06:55 PM
I seriously didn't mean to cause a shitstorm. I thought everybody heard about it anyway as it was on the news.

No storm. I just think Bot ate a Big Mac today and he's pissed at himself.

td577
10-27-2015, 07:18 PM
I am in the camp where I don't have much sympathy for student/athletes screwing up. Even minor infractions. They are being given a tremendous opportunity in their lives and they are responsible for taking care of that opportunity. Even the ones who are not on scholarship have resources available to them above and beyond those for the average student. Specialized tutoring on their schedule, access to their own facilities, and other benefits exclusive to them. I certainly don't go searching for information about when a student/athlete screws up, but I am not in favor of simply covering it up for the sake of covering it up. They are adults and this is the choice they made when they decided to couple their education with the benefits of participating in athletics. They are in the spotlight. There are many generous people out there who are spending their hard earned money to ensure these student/athletes can have these experiences. They are held to a higher standard. A MIP is a relatively minor offense and probably not all that uncommon for a 19 year old in college, but to say it should be held secret when it is public record is contributing to a culture they need to be protected. They don't need protection, they need to hold themselves to a higher standard and accept the consequences of their actions.

Maybe my lack of sympathy comes from being 19 and being in an organization where a MIP would end up with 60 days restriction, 45 days extra duty, loss of a 1/2 months pay for 2 months, the reduction of at least one pay grade, and a permanent addition to your file a letter of reprimand. When you live in a system requiring a higher standard, you live to a higher standard. I am not saying you implement a system of zero tolerance, because young adults do make mistakes, but you do have a system with repercussions and real consequences. One of those consequences is public knowledge of even your minor trips and falls. I have said this before but if the spotlight is too bright, then maybe this isn't the place to be. You walk away from being a student/athlete and just be a student where those minor mistakes have consequences but on a smaller scale with less repercussions. Certainly, the end result becomes a lot less public.

Lastly, if local media is using Bisonville as a news source, shame on them but I don't think there is anything being said on here that shouldn't be said for the sake of the Bison community. We are caretakers of Bison pride and we should be holding everyone accountable to the herd. Every organization who has experienced black eyes over incidents within their systems has almost always been trying to cover it up. Transparency is the key to keeping this institution and its programs above ridicule and criticism.

CaBisonFan
10-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Lastly, if local media is using Bisonville as a news source, shame on them but I don't think there is anything being said on here that shouldn't be said for the sake of the Bison community. We are caretakers of Bison pride and we should be holding everyone accountable to the herd. Every organization who has experienced black eyes over incidents within their systems has almost always been trying to cover it up. Transparency is the key to keeping this institution and its programs above ridicule and criticism.I agree to a certain extent. I think that Bisonville has had a bigger influence on things than we imagine.

runtheoption
10-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Maybe my lack of sympathy comes from being 19 and being in an organization where a MIP would end up with 60 days restriction, 45 days extra duty, loss of a 1/2 months pay for 2 months, the reduction of at least one pay grade, and a permanent addition to your file a letter of reprimand.Wait...When did Boy Scouts become a paid deal?

td577
10-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Wait...When did Boy Scouts become a paid deal?

It was the level for eagle scout rejects.

Actually there were a lot of eagle scouts. We were man scouts.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Who cares? It's not like he sold drugs to a police officer...

Bison4x
10-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Another thread that makes this forum look like TMZ or the National Enquirer. Some of you need more to do.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Another thread that makes this forum look like TMZ or the National Enquirer. Some of you need more to do.

Well considering TMZ was the first, by far, to report the condition and incident with Lamar Odom...is that a compliment?

Mr Meaty
10-28-2015, 01:01 PM
well considering tmz was the first, by far, to report the condition and incident with lamar odom...is that a compliment?

nope!!!!!!

NDSUBowler
10-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Well considering TMZ was the first, by far, to report the condition and incident with Lamar Odom...is that a compliment?
TMZ also later confirmed that Lamar Odom had died. Two days later he was talking to people and starting rehab.

MIRACLES