PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Playoff Outlook

missingnumber7
10-21-2015, 09:11 PM
Back by popular demand. I will update this as we go along and once a team is eliminated from a chance to win the conference I will pull them out of the list.

The only school that was eligible for the playoffs and doesn't have a game scheduled during the playoffs from the SWAC is Alcorn St. I will mention them if they become relevant. Also after this week I will take a look at Conference scenarios, however most have matchups in November that will decide the conference. All conference scenarios are for the autobid only. I will revisit with tiebreakers for next weeks update. There are still a few key games that need to be played, but the picture should be clear after this week as several teams can clinch at least a share this week.
Updated 11/15
Clinched autobid
7 wins
Must win out or win conference
Eliminated
Big Sky
SUU
EWU
PSU
NAU
UM
Weber
UND
UNC
Montana St
Poly
Sac St
ID St
UC Davis
SUU win for conf champ/autobid
The rest is a complete and utter mess:
NAU needs win vs SUU and PSU win and UM loss and EWU loss to win the tiebreaker for autobid: that is the only measure for someone to win the autobid with out Saggrin ratings.

1. Consider the head-to-head record during the Conference season’s play.
2. Record against Conference teams in descending order of finish beginning with the number one
team. (For use in the case of more than two tied teams, the normal tie-breaking procedure
would be used. When one or more of these teams is eliminated by using the tie-breaking
procedure, the remaining teams involved would then return to the criteria listed in 1., above, to
break the tie. This will be done until a team is established for that particular seeding position.)
3. Teams with highest Sagarin ranking.
4. Coin flip between the tied teams.
Note: In all tie-breaking procedures, if more than one tie exists, the tie among/between the teams lower
in descending order will be broken first, to facilitate the process of breaking the tie between/among
teams higher in the order.

Alive for At Large only: Weber St, North Dakota
Eliminated: Northern Colorado, Cal-Poly, Idaho St, Sacramento St, Cal-Davis, Montana St
It is entirely possible that Montana, Montana St and Eastern Washington miss the playoffs.

Big South
Charleston Southern
Coastal Carolina
Liberty
Kennesaw ---3 Non D1 wins
Monmouth
Gardner-Webb ---Not Eligible for Playoffs due to APR
Presbyterian
Charleston Southern clinched autobid
Alive for At large: Coastal Carolina
Eliminated: Liberty, Presbyterian, Gardner-Webb, Monmouth, Kennesaw St

CAA
Richmond
James Madison
William & Mary
Towson
Villanova
New Hampshire
Maine
Delaware
Elon
Stony Brook -only playing 10 games due to storm out @ Toledo
Albany
Rhode Island
William & Mary win=Conf Champs and autobid
If Richmond/JMU win then Richmond takes tiebreaker and wins autobid
If Richmond/Nova win then the team with the highest ELO-Chess from W&M, Richmond, and Nova wins the autobid.
Towson, UNH still alive for at large bid
Maine, Delaware, Elon, Albany, Rhode Island, and Stony Brook have been Eliminated

MEAC-Conference Champ goes to Celebration Bowl
North Carolina A&T
Bethune-Cookman
SC State
NC Central
Morgan St
Hampton
Norfolk St
Savannah St --- Not Eligible for Playoffs due to APR
Florida A&M --- Not Eligible for Playoffs due to APR
Delaware St
Howard

MVFC
NDSU
Illinois St
SDSU
Northern Iowa
South Dakota
Youngstown St
Western Illinois
Indiana St
Southern Illinois
Missouri St
NDSU wins and ISUR loss clinch conf champs and NDSU autobid
NDSU win and ISUR win clinch shared champ and NDSU autobid
NDSU loss and ISUR loss and SDSU win clinch shared champ and SDSU autobid
ISUR wins and NDSU loss clinch conf champs and ISUR autobid
UNI is still eligible for at large
USD, YSU, ISUB, WIU, SIU, Missouri St have been eliminated.

NEC
Duquesne---2 Non D1 wins
St Francis---1 Victory over College of Faith
Bryant
Central Conn St
Sacred Heart
Robert Morris
Wagner

Duquesne vs St. Francis winner gets autobid.

Sacred Heart, Robert Morris and Wagner are eliminated.

OVC
Jacksonville St
Eastern Illinois
Eastern Kentucky
Tenn-Martin---switched to underlined...1 win is vs NAIA team. I believe only D2 count towards 7 win total
Southeast Missouri St
Tennessee St ---10 Games
Murray St
Tennessee Tech
Austin Peay

Patriot
Colgate
Fordham
Lehigh
Georgetown
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Lafayette

Pioneer
Jacksonville--- Not Eligible for PFL title and FCS Playoffs due to matters regarding the PFL’s financial aid rules
Dayton – 2 Non D1 games
San Diego
Marist
Morehead St
Butler – 2 Non D1 Games
Drake
Campbell ---2 Non D1 Wins
Valparaiso —win vs COF
Davidson
Stetson —2 Non D1 games

Southern
The Citadel
Chattanooga
Western Carolina
Furman
Mercer
Samford
Wofford
VMI

Southland
McNeese St
Sam Houston
Central Arkansas
Incarnate Word Not Eligible for Playoffs
Southeastern Louisiana
Stephen F. Austin
Lamar
Northwestern St
Abilene Christian Not Eligible for Playoffs
Nicholls St
Houston Baptist

SWAC
Grambling not eligible game schedule 11/28
Alcorn St not eligible game scheduled 11/28
Southern not eligible game scheduled 11/28
Prairie View A&M --- 1 win vs COF
Alabama A&M
Texas Southern ---1 win vs COF
Alabama St
Jackson St
Mississippi Valley St
Arkansas Pine Bluff

td577
10-22-2015, 12:30 AM
Nice work. I was looking up some of the schools because it is interesting to me why some are not eligible. I get that Incarnate Word isn't eligible until 2017 because of transitioning but Kennesaw doesn't make any sense to me. Their press release about entering the conference said they would be immediately eligible for a conference title and playoff berth if they were to qualify. Am I missing something?

taper
10-22-2015, 01:39 AM
Kennesaw is a full D1 school that's adding football, not a transitioning D2 school. I think they're eligible, the Big South conference says they are too.

The Montana St/EWU, Weber/Sac St, and Montana/Cal Poly games are non-conference. Don't forget that when figuring out the Big Sky autobid. It's probably going to be a mess.

StL Bison Fan
10-22-2015, 03:49 AM
Dom has us playing Mt State and winner going to Brookings.

missingnumber7
10-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Nice work. I was looking up some of the schools because it is interesting to me why some are not eligible. I get that Incarnate Word isn't eligible until 2017 because of transitioning but Kennesaw doesn't make any sense to me. Their press release about entering the conference said they would be immediately eligible for a conference title and playoff berth if they were to qualify. Am I missing something?

That is correct, I copy and pasted from the update I did in the summer while the debate was running fast and furious on AGS and forgot to update. The issue they will run into is they played 3 D2 teams so they will essentially need to go 4-1 the rest of the way to be eligible and have their full compliment of conference opponents ahead of them.

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2015, 04:18 PM
So, is UN_ out, or could they squeak in with a miracle 3 game run?

HandoEX
10-26-2015, 04:42 PM

They'd be in euth an FBS win and a win over Poly (unless Poly falls apart).

missingnumber7
10-26-2015, 07:14 PM
They'd be in euth an FBS win and a win over Poly (unless Poly falls apart).

They need to win out to get to 7 wins. If they win out they are in hands down. (would be something SDSU to cheer for)

A win by EWU or SUU this weekend takes their chances for Big Fluff champs away.

56BISON73
10-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Dom has us playing Mt State and winner going to Brookings.

Why brookings? How and why do they have the game?

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2015, 07:45 PM

That was last week, Pat. He updates it weekly, but not out yet.

BisonNation11
10-26-2015, 07:49 PM

It was his now outdated look into the future. He had SDSU seeded and not NDSU so the winner of the Mt. St. vs. NDSU game would have gone to SDSU for a second round game. I think he was still in shock when he made it.

ByeSonBusiness
10-27-2015, 12:36 AM

They are done. Can't stop anyone from passing at the moment.

DIBISON
10-27-2015, 01:54 AM
They need to win out to get to 7 wins. If they win out they are in hands down. (would be something SDSU to cheer for)

A win by EWU or SUU this weekend takes their chances for Big Fluff champs away.
I disagree. A Big Sky team at 7-4 isn't in for sure. Now if your talking a MVFC team at 7-4 I would say yes they are in hands down. The only Big Sky teams that may get in at 7-4 are those with the name and tradition like the Montana schools.

missingnumber7
10-27-2015, 01:39 PM
I disagree. A Big Sky team at 7-4 isn't in for sure. Now if your talking a MVFC team at 7-4 I would say yes they are in hands down. The only Big Sky teams that may get in at 7-4 are those with the name and tradition like the Montana schools.

Look at the number of schools that will be eligible, also without the MEAC using their autobid, 14 at larges will be a tough fill. Also you forget they have an FBS win, that will measure out against some of the crappy non conf schedules that are played out there. I would say that if Montana St and UND both finish 7-4, granted you are going to look and see that UND beat MSU(would have to to be 7-4) but compare the non conference schedules.

UND MSU
Wyoming Ft Lewis D2
Drake EWU
NDSU ETSU

Both went 1-2, and I would say that UND's 2-1 is much more impressive.

td577
10-31-2015, 11:10 PM
I think both Montanas are trying really hard to be left out.

tjbison
11-01-2015, 12:41 AM
They are done. Can't stop anyone from passing at the moment.

wanna re check this

NDSUFan_Sav
11-01-2015, 02:04 AM
Coastal Carolina loses

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
11-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Looking forward to the update.

SDSUAlum08
11-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Looking forward to the update.

Me too. Checked 4-5 times the last couple days.

td577
11-02-2015, 06:43 PM
NDSU moved into 6th in the Stats poll and 5th in the coaches poll. It will be an interesting last few weeks.

missingnumber7
11-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Me too. Checked 4-5 times the last couple days.

Sorry has been a busy day at work, hopefully I will get it updated during Monday Night football.

BisonNation11
11-02-2015, 07:09 PM
NDSU moved into 6th in the Stats poll and 5th in the coaches poll. It will be an interesting last few weeks.

Posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd put it here. Am I the only one missing the reasoning behind EWU being ranked ahead of NDSU? Same record and their wins are much less impressive with one W being of the double digit variety (to be more precise they have one win of more than a TD and 2-point conversion).

OatmealWicket92
11-02-2015, 07:33 PM
How is a 4-4 team ranked but USD doesn't have any top 25 votes?

Mayville Bison
11-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd put it here. Am I the only one missing the reasoning behind EWU being ranked ahead of NDSU? Same record and their wins are much less impressive with one W being of the double digit variety (to be more precise they have one win of more than a TD and 2-point conversion).

I'm guessing the thought process is one of their losses is to Oregon, so in a lot of pollster's minds, they are 6-1 and they don't have a loss to USD. I have EWU in the teens in my poll because they simply don't look like a good team. We will find out soon with 3 decent teams left on their schedule.

SDSUAlum08
11-03-2015, 01:48 AM
Sorry has been a busy day at work, hopefully I will get it updated during Monday Night football.

No worries at all. I just wanted to point out that I really appreciate you doing it. Thanks again.

BisonTru
11-03-2015, 02:31 AM

And they're doing it against the bottom of their conference. I'm selling EWU hard. Portland St is going to blow them up. Montana is a shell of itself and NAU is mediocre, but I could see EWU dropping both of these contests.

Unfortunately, most voters won't notice till the L's start rolling in.

missingnumber7
11-04-2015, 07:19 PM
Updated today...please let me know if there are any glaring errors or omissions...this has been a trying week.

SDSUAlum08
11-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Which conferences only get one team in? (Because they suck)

And the SWAC doesn't send a team to the playoffs right?

taper
11-06-2015, 01:19 AM

Patriot League sucks and should only get one.....but Fordham lost to Colgate and probably won't get the AQ. Fordham has a decent shot for an at large because of their good record against bad teams. This conference sent an AQ team with a losing record a few years ago.

Pioneer and NEC suck, shouldn't even be in the playoffs but get one.

SWAC and MEAC send their champs to their own bowl, remainder eligible for at large. Some chance of a MEAC bid due to good record against bad teams, none for SWAC. And they all suck.

Big South used to suck but are rapidly improving. Probably get an at large.

Southern used to be great but now sucks. Risk of just the AQ, which would have seemed absurd 5 years ago.

BisonTru
11-06-2015, 01:21 AM

The SWAC and MEAC sends their champs to the celebration bowl. The rest of the league is available for at large bids.

The NEC and pioneer are 1 bid leagues at least this year. Pioneer will most likely always be.

Fordham will get an at large as of now. If they lose or they end up winning the AQ on a tie breaker that should make the PL a one bid league as well.

missingnumber7
11-06-2015, 03:02 AM
MEAC could sneak one in if Bethune-Cookman finishes without losing and some of the other bubble teams lose.

I don't think Fordham is a lock right now. There is still a lot of football left.

I also think that if CCU gets the AQ from the Big South they are a 1 bid league depending on how things play out. I think the biggest part is what happens with EIU/EKU/TN Martin, also what happens in the Big Sky. There is still a cluster in the middle there. We are 3 weeks out and things are clearer than they have been in previous years, but there is still a lot left to go. Some big games this weekend:

Big Sky:
NAU @ EWU...there is a slight revenge factor here for EWU after the loss last year, but they haven't really blown anyone's socks off yet
SUU @ MSU...Cats still are technically alive and could play a huge spoiler.

Big South
Charleston Southern @ Kinnesaw St...A win would clinch at least a shared title for CSU.

MVFC
ISUR @ SDSU...NDSU fans should obviously be huge SDSU fans here, SDSU needs to win here to maintain their stance that they belong in the top tier of the MVFC.

OVC
JSU @ EIU...last challenge for JSU for the season, on the road at EIU
UT-Martin @ EKU loser probably seals their playoff hopes.

Southland
SHSU @ McNeese...If McNeese wins they claim at least a share of the Southland,

BisonTru
11-06-2015, 04:17 AM
MEAC could sneak one in if Bethune-Cookman finishes without losing and some of the other bubble teams lose.

I don't think Fordham is a lock right now. There is still a lot of football left.

If Fordham wins out they're most likely in, but a loss puts them firmly on the bubble and IMO, should be out. They've been squeaking by a weak schedule.

B-C certainly has a shot to get in, but it would be a complete joke, IMO. That conference can't win a game in the tourney so they quit sending their best, so they can participate in some bowl. You don't want to send us your best, than the rest can stay home. B-C most likely goes 1-7 or 0-8 in the MVFC.

missingnumber7
11-06-2015, 04:19 AM
If Fordham wins out they're most likely in, but a loss puts them firmly on the bubble and IMO, should be out. They've been squeaking by a weak schedule.

B-C certainly has a shot to get in, but it would be a complete joke, IMO. That conference can't win a game in the tourney so they quit sending their best, so they can participate in some bowl. You don't want to send us your best, than the rest can stay home. B-C most likely goes 1-7 or 0-8 in the MVFC.

If Fordham wins out they will most likely end up with the AQ.

As far as a MEAC rep I'm with you 100%. I am interested to see how the committee handles it.

BisonTru
11-06-2015, 04:32 AM
If Fordham wins out they will most likely end up with the AQ.

As far as a MEAC rep I'm with you 100%. I am interested to see how the committee handles it.

Colgate is undefeated in conference. No idea how their tie-breaker works, but I know they get the AQ if they win out.

The MEAC also doesn't have a rep on the committee, this certainly doesn't mean they can't get in, but I think it makes it more difficult than a couple of years ago when the MEAC got an at-large.

JDZ
11-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Patriot League sucks and should only get one.....but Fordham lost to Colgate and probably won't get the AQ. Fordham has a decent shot for an at large because of their good record against bad teams. This conference sent an AQ team with a losing record a few years ago.

Didn't Lehigh get left out with a 10-1 (11-1 ??) record a couple years ago, since their loss was in-conference and they didn't get the AQ?

missingnumber7
11-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Didn't Lehigh get left out with a 10-1 (11-1 ??) record a couple years ago, since their loss was in-conference and they didn't get the AQ?

That would be correct...they were 10-1

missingnumber7
11-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Auto Bids:updated 11/15/15
(Big Sky)
Charleston Southern (Big South)
(CAA)
(MVFC)
(NEC)
Jacksonville St(OVC)
Colgate(Patriot)
Dayton(Pioneer)
Chattanooga(Southern)
McNeese St (Southland)

7 Wins
1. Southern Utah
2. Eastern Washington
3. Portland StLock
4. Coastal CarolinaLock
5. RichmondLock
6. William & MaryLock
7. North Carolina A&T
8. Bethune-Cookman
9. NDSU Lock
10. Illinois StLock
11. SDSULock
12. Fordham
13. The Citadel
14. Grambling
15. Northern Arizona
16. James MadisonLock
17. NC Central
18. San Diego
19. Sam Houston St
20. Central Arkansas

missingnumber7
11-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Since I posted this elsewhere...I will place this here and update as needed.11/15/15
There are 38 teams that can get to 7 wins of those teams there will be 10 autobids leaving 28 teams for 14 spots. Of those 28 teams:
2 are MEAC- 1 MEAC will make the Celebration bowl, they are not eligible for an auto bid but they would be a 1 bid if that, Bethune-Cookman/NC A&T that leaves
27 for 13/14 spots
2 are NEC, 1 will get the auto bid, they won't get an at large that leaves
26 for 13/14 spots
2 are Patriot, 1 will get auto bid, Fordham will probably get an at large bid that leaves
25 for 12/13 spots
3 are Pioneer, 1 will get auto bid, no 2nd bid that leaves
22 for 12/13 spots
1 is SWAC, no auto, none will get in that leaves
21 for 12/13 spots

Big South has 2 possible teams, CSU has already clinched the auto bid, Big South will get 1 at large.
20 for 11/12 spots
OVC has 4 possible teams, with 1 autobid they have 1 with 7 wins (JSU), TN-Martin plays EIU which could eliminate them or make their final game vs SEMO a must win, EIU must win both (TN Martin and EKU), IMO OVC will only get 1 bid, but for all practical purposes I will leave this open.
20 of 11/12 spots
Southern has 3 eligible teams, with 1 autobid they have 2 with 7 wins (Chattanooga, The Citadel), WCU plays TX A&M and VMI they must win one to be eligible. That said, they only get one at large, leaving
19 for 10/11 spots
Southland has 3 eligible teams, McNeese has already won autobid, SHSU/UCA winner gets an at large.
18 for 9/10 spots

Big Sky has 7 possible teams, 4 already with 7 wins (SUU, EWU, PSU, NAU). UM plays MSU, Weber plays Idaho St UND plays Poly
18 for 9/10 spots
CAA has 6 possible teams, with someone getting the autobid they have 3 with 7 wins (Richmond, JMU, W&M), Towson plays URI, Nova plays JMU, and UNH plays Maine.
18 for 9/10 spots
MVFC has 4 possible teams, with 1 autobid they have 3 with 7 wins (NDSU, ISUR, SDSU), none of the other 3 play each other, that leaves
20 of 9/10 spots

Of the 9/10 slots
SUU/PSU are in essentially
as are Richmond/JMU/W&M
and NDSU/ISUR/SDSU

That leaves 4/5 slots because of auto bids and it will come down to
Big Sky
UM has 2 quality wins in NDSU/EWU, also beat UND,
NAU has 1 quality win in EWU, also beat Weber
UND has 1 FBS win (Wyoming), 1 quality win in PSU
Weber no quality wins, beat UND, UM
EWU has 0 quality wins and hasn’t beat any of the others on this list
MVFC
UNI has 2 quality wins EWU, SDSU,
CAA
Towson no quality wins, win over Nova
Nova no quality wins, win over Fordham, win out will include wins over Richmond and JMU
UNH 1 quality win Richmond, win over Colgate (Patriot autobid)
OVC
TN Martin has no quality wins, win over EKU
EKU no quality wins
EIU no quality wins, win over TN Martin

missingnumber7
11-16-2015, 03:08 AM
Everything updated...will check my stuff when I can get on a bigger monitor at work tomorrow.

missingnumber7
11-16-2015, 03:22 PM
Who helped their cause/who hurt their cause/what bubbles were burst this weekend.

Helped
While UNI has no easy task this week, a nice win this week, yes it was Mo St, it was what they needed and they did it.
EIU faced with a must win on the road completed that task, but is rewarded with another must win vs a team in the same boat.
Montana put it to EWU and they did what they wanted to.
UND a must win game, at home, win by 31. Will be all for nothing if they can't duplicate the task this week.
Nova had a nice win at home vs Richmond

Hurt
EWU...I really want to put this in the burst category, but they can redeem themselves this week against PSU, but that was an embarrassing loss to UM, and if you watched it, it was really ugly.
Towson in need of another good win, losing to W&M hurts their chances and a win over URI isn't going to help their chances.
UT-Martin a tough loss to EIU doesn't help them at all.
The Citadel lost a tough road game to Chattanooga, finishes with South Carolina a team that they have a chance to beat, would have to think they need a decent showing if not a win to get in.

Bubble Burst
Liberty lead for most of the game vs CSU, needed to win out vs CSU and CCU to even think about making it.
USD, while it was a long shot having to beat both SDSU and ISUR they gave SDSU everything they wanted and then some. Can still play an interesting role vs ISUR and if something crazy happens this weekend with wins over NDSU and ISUR would have to think that they might get some talk as a 6-5 team.
YSU, again, they needed to win out, and did not.
Bryant was in the drivers seat for the NEC autobid then lost to Sacred Heart.
UNC had a decent run but lost the must win on the road.

missingnumber7
11-20-2015, 04:54 PM
The questions have come up about the possibility of 6 win teams, while more than likely not going to happen let me lay out the opportunities:
Teams Eligible for at large at least 7 D1 wins:
Coastal Carolina
James Madison 1 FBS win
William & Mary
NC A&T-Celebration bowl (unless loses to NCCU)
NDSU
SDSU 1 FBS win
ISUR
Portland St 2 FBS wins, 1 D2 win
Richmond
Bethune-Cookman 1 D2 Win
San Diego 1 D2 Win
The Citadel

6 D1 Wins:
Southern Utah 1 D2 win
Northern Arizona 1 D2 win
Eastern Washington
Montana
North Dakota 1 FBS win
Liberty 1 FBS win (already played this week)
New Hampshire
Villanova
Towson
North Carolina Central 1 D2 win
South Carolina St
Northern Iowa
Saint Francis 1 win vs COF non counter
Eastern Illinois
Eastern Kentucky
Sam Houston St 1 D2 Win
Central Arkansas

5 D1 Wins:
Weber St
Youngstown St
South Dakota
Western Illinois
Duquesne 2 D2 Wins
TN-Martin 1 D2 Win
Bucknell
Marist
Morehead St
Mercer

12 Teams currently at 7+ D1 wins:
1 will win MVFC
NO Pioneer will make at large
No MEAC will get at large

That leaves 8 of 14 at large:
Of the 6 win teams the following issues exist:
NAU plays SUU, EIU plays EKU, and SHSU plays UCA so 1 of them will be a 7 win team but there will also be the Big Sky Autobid, and the CAA Autobid
So we are back to 8 of 14 at large.
If the following things happen we could get really interesting or at least 4 or 5 of them:
EWU loss to PSU
UM loss to MSU
UND loss to Poly
UNH loss to Maine
Nova loss to JMU
Towson loss to URI
UNI loss to SIU

None of those teams have a D2 win to give them 7 total wins

5 win teams getting to 6 wins:
Weber St
Youngstown St
South Dakota
Western Illinois
Duquesne 2 D2 wins
Tn-Martin 1 D2 win
Bucknell
Marist
Morehead St
Mercer

Of those teams these teams could make it interesting (all arguments have been considered with them winning Sat):
Weber plays Id St-they have played a decent schedule, and have a win @ UM
Youngstown plays ISUB-no key wins (would have win over USD in comparing head to head)
South Dakota plays ISUR-wins @ NDSU and ISUR would be huge argument for
Western Ill plays SDSU- wins over USD and SDSU
TN Martin-win over EKU, has 7 wins with D2 win.

taper
11-21-2015, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't rule out a MEAC team. That 9-2 Bethune-Cookman starts to look pretty good when you're otherwise considering the 3-5th team from other conferences with a 7-4 record. Just shows how weak a 24 team field is.

bisonaudit
11-21-2015, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't rule out a MEAC team. That 9-2 Bethune-Cookman starts to look pretty good when you're otherwise considering the 3-5th team from other conferences with a 7-4 record. Just shows how weak a 24 team field is.

What it shows is how little regard they have for the true quality of the best leagues.

taper
11-21-2015, 02:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, a MEAC at large is a travesty, even Missouri State might be better than them. Strong records against weak teams seems to be enough though, despite a 10-1 Lehigh being left out in 2012.

missingnumber7
11-21-2015, 04:36 AM

I think this year a MEAC at large may only happen if the apocalypse happens tomorrow. I think there may be a message...whats funny is PV A&M had an article floating around about how they would be a good at large team. I think the world would explode if a MEAC and SWAC team made the field.

SDSUAlum08
10-24-2016, 01:47 AM
MIssingNumber...doing a 2016 version? You should actually do it on AGS.