PDA

View Full Version : Moving Forward: A Positive Thread

Bison03
10-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Everyone is pissed about losing on Saturday. The coaches, players, and of course the fans; especially here. A great quote from Klieman that he said last year after UNI and just said in the presser today, "Don't let the same team beat you twice." This is truth my friends. We need to realize that football is a grind and winning doesn't come easy, especially in our conference. Have we been spoiled a little by the unprecedented success, yes. But that doesn't mean we, and the team, shouldn't demand greatness. I am excited to see how we respond. Adversity s nothing new for this team; but this is the first time in a while where is has shown on the field, and subsequently on the win/loss column. Anyone who thought this team was going to walk to a 5th straight title were optimistic, yes, but not accurate. We are still a great team but are no longer a mile above the rest of the pack. This will be a test of will but I think we are up to the challenge.

Quote from the movie Rocky Balboa:
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"

Mr Meaty
10-19-2015, 05:53 PM
I am still very much behind this team/program. We just have to clean up some issues and get back to Bison Football. Move those Chains.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2015, 05:53 PM
I was born on the opening day of the 1972 season. Since beating Mankato that day, the Bison have suffered 123 losses. That is an average of 2.8 per season. At no time did the world end or the sun fail to come up the next day.

We are winners, we need to act like winners. This week we have acted like losers. Bison Pride cannot be destroyed by a single loss.

Mr Meaty
10-19-2015, 05:58 PM
I was born on the opening day of the 1972 season. Since beating Mankato that day, the Bison have suffered 123 losses. That is an average of 2.8 per season. At no time did the world end or the sun fail to come up the next day.

We are winners, we need to act like winners. This week we have acted like losers. Bison Pride cannot be destroyed by a single loss.

:judges::judges:

gizmo
10-19-2015, 06:06 PM

That is the post of the year!

Bisonator98
10-19-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't know why everyone is ready to jump off a bridge just because they played a stinker and lossed. It is what it is but this is still a pretty damn good football team. Like I said in another thread if the team that played SDSU shows up they will not be beat. Need to learn from mistakes and move on and get better.

Mr Pep Band
10-19-2015, 07:07 PM
The game is over. Moving on. ITS ONLY A GAME! (sorta not purple) Two losses is not the end of the season. Learn from you mistakes, improve, and don't make them again. Time to prep for the Trees!

The March is STILL on to Frisco, Texas!

The season is not over until we are eliminated from the playoffs.

dryash83
10-19-2015, 07:07 PM
On the positive side, a losing season may give fans waiting in the wings an opportunity to purchase season tickets.

Bison_Pyro
10-19-2015, 07:12 PM
The game is over. Moving on. ITS ONLY A GAME! (sorta not purple) Two losses is not the end of the season. Learn from you mistakes, improve, and don't make them again. Time to prep for the Trees!

The March is STILL on to Frisco, Texas!

The season is not over until we are eliminated from the playoffs.

I haven't sold my frisco tickets, i haven't cancelled my hotels. I don't see a reason why i should. Drive for 5 is still alive! Bison Pride.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2015, 07:19 PM
I haven't sold my frisco tickets, i haven't cancelled my hotels. I don't see a reason why i should. Drive for 5 is still alive! Bison Pride.

Exactly. I made a quip in the heat of the moment but I've still got all my plans in place for Frisco.

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2015, 07:23 PM
Got 14 second row seats and 10 rooms.
I believe we will be needing them.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2015, 07:30 PM
The Trees smell blood (or is it sap?)

This game has to be a statement.

Mr Meaty
10-19-2015, 07:31 PM
The Trees smell blood (or is it sap?)

This game has to be a statement.

It will be a statement game but exactly what the statement will say is yet to be determined.

Mr Pep Band
10-19-2015, 08:31 PM
It will be a statement game but exactly what the statement will say is yet to be determined.

What has happened the last few years after a loss? We rebounded and beat the next team up and I think it will be the same this time.

2009: Don't want to remember that year. :hide: :offtopic:
2010: Robert Morris 43-17
2011: Western Illinois 37-21
2012: South Dakota 54-0
2013: ???? :bowdown: :judges: :cheers: :biggrin: :D
2014: Missouri State 45-10
2015: Weber State 41-14 & Indiana State (Large score-small score)??

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2015, 08:37 PM
What has happened the last few years after a loss? We rebounded and beat the next team up and I think it will be the same this time.

2009: Don't want to remember that year. :hide: :offtopic:
2010: Robert Morris 43-17
2011: Western Illinois 37-21
2012: South Dakota 54-0
2013: ???? :bowdown: :judges: :cheers: :biggrin: :D
2014: Missouri State 45-10
2015: Weber State 41-14 & Indiana State (Large score-small score)??

I believe in this team. I saw them overlook an easy opponent and know they will learn their lesson.

BISONBRI53
10-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Chris Board is a stud... Thought he was the only one playing and making some hits on Saturday's "defensive" team.

Mr Pep Band
10-19-2015, 08:48 PM
I believe in this team. I saw them overlook an easy opponent and know they will learn their lesson.

I agree that everyone overlooked USD, it was a trap game and we fell for it. I also believe that if and when we make the playoffs, the team will get sharp and we will head back to Frisco to defend our title.

BisonNeil
10-19-2015, 09:48 PM
I lived through the Babich years. If i can survive that I can survive anything :D

Binford30
10-19-2015, 10:04 PM
I lived through the Babich years. If i can survive that I can survive anything :D

Thank you BisonNeil! That made me laugh out loud, literally!

Bison56
10-19-2015, 10:05 PM
Chris Board is a stud... Thought he was the only one playing and making some hits on Saturday's "defensive" team.

I was glad to see him step up, he had a few nice hits Saturday.

Comfortably Numb Bison
10-20-2015, 01:53 AM
I blame Taylor Swift. All that is good will return to Bison Nation

HerdBot
I have missed 1 home game since we moved D1. I've sat through the good and the bad. I even bought my Frisco tickets this year even though people thought I was nuts. I will always be behind this team. If I bitch it's because I care. Probably too much. Although last week sucked, we have many positives going for us and I'm confident the coaches and players will right the ship and the young players will learn from it. Go Bison and kick some fucking ass!

westnodak93bison
Never did like her

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
10-20-2015, 01:55 AM
Never did like her

I'm not team Taylor anymore either.

HerdBot
10-20-2015, 01:57 AM
Never did like her

Didn't she steal Brock Jensens jersey last time?

ZHerd
10-20-2015, 02:03 AM
Didn't she steal Brock Jensens jersey last time?

It was a rumor. She did steal his mojo for a game

Son of a Bison
10-20-2015, 04:10 AM
Moving forward on a positive note I want our D to line up and play. I believe Kleiman will fix this. When it is 3 and 2 get set and play the run first. Read the lineman's helmets or blocks and fill. Our LB line up 5 yards deep routinely and shuffle to fill holes or find the runner.

Compare that to USD. LB are 4 yards deep. Read run and react. Compare the shuffle footwork of our LB vs their techniques. They beat our RB to the hole. Amazing the number of plays that USD made at where our center's ass was presnap. Totally clogged up the middle by using speed to the hole to defeat our power. UNI did the same thing. 3 LB fill holes before our power or inside run play develops and nowhere to go.

StL Bison Fan
10-20-2015, 04:17 AM
I have missed 1 home game since we moved D1. I've sat through the good and the bad. I even bought my Frisco tickets this year even though people thought I was nuts. I will always be behind this team. If I bitch it's because I care. Probably too much. Although last week sucked, we have many positives going for us and I'm confident the coaches and players will right the ship and the young players will learn from it. Go Bison and kick some fucking ass!
I agree that people care. If we didnt care there would be no Bisonville.

bri-dog
10-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Never did like her

Why you gotta be so mean? :)

StL Bison Fan
10-20-2015, 02:49 PM

we just have to shake it off- and move on

BISONFAN4LIFE
10-21-2015, 05:03 AM

Well said!

17>1
10-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Haven't felt like posting the last 5 days or so, as I was about as disappointed on Saturday as I had been in a long, long time. I told my Dad when we were leaving the dome that we really shouldn't let a game effect us so much emotionally, but it is what it is. Bison football is and always will be my favorite team to cheer for, in spite of any adversity that comes along, and I'm emotionally invested in this program. Having said that, I'm on board with moving forward with a positive attitude and see how the team responds. I've often talked about the swagger we as fans carry with us when playing any opponent on any given Saturday because we believe so much that the Bison will play better and find a way a to win, and they rarely let us down. I know the sky isn't falling, and the end of the world didn't happen, and the sun will rise again tomorrow....but I felt like maybe that swagger took a little bit of a hit on Saturday. The complacent vibe we all noticed during the game Saturday, both with the fans and the team, is something I don't ever want to see again. I'm just as guilty as anyone else. I sat back when it was 14-0 and thought "here we go again". I barely cheered when we scored those touchdowns, commented to my Dad that the catch by Shep was pretty sick, but that was about it. I'm even willing to admit that I didn't stand and yell on a few early 3rd downs.....*gasp* I know, I'm guilty. So on that note, I'd like to say that I think we as fans, specifically the ones that started to maybe take things for granted and started to look past "lesser" opponents and maybe didn't get as excited about the Bison being successful, we have an opportunity to get excited all over again. I'm personally going to cheer as loudly as I can every chance I get, whether it's a big stop on D, a nice run or pass play, and especially any time the Bison put points on the board. No taking anything for granted anymore.
I feel terrible for Carson, because I know he wants to be out there competing. But I'm pretty excited to see what Easton Stick can do to help this team moving forward. Time to rally the troops and play with Bison pride again. Go Bison!!!

FFBison
10-22-2015, 01:46 AM
I know the team will be focused moving forward, but all that has taken place this week will get the fan base refocused too. Take no game for granted. We as fans need to do our part as the 12th man at home games and I think you're going to see a reinvigorated crowd when the lights go down on Nov 7th. One thing is for sure...wherever we end up being seeded in the playoffs, nobody will want to see us on their side of the bracket. We'll get the swagger back.

Professor Chaos
10-23-2015, 02:30 PM
I haven't read a lot of Bisonville this week for obvious reasons but one positive thing about the debacle last Saturday is the MVFC tie breaker (http://www.valley-football.org/news/default-print/2011-12/6071/missouri-valley-football---tiebreaker/), after you get through head-to-head and record against common opponents, is you go down the list in the conference standings until you find a team that one team lost to and the other team didn't. So if you have to lose a conference game it might as well be to a bottom feeder because it'll hurt you the least in terms of tie breaker scenarios for the autobid.

That's all I got. To channel my inner PA all I got left is FAITH!

Bison03
10-23-2015, 02:38 PM
I haven't read a lot of Bisonville this week for obvious reasons but one positive thing about the debacle last Saturday is the MVFC tie breaker (http://www.valley-football.org/news/default-print/2011-12/6071/missouri-valley-football---tiebreaker/), after you get through head-to-head and record against common opponents, is you go down the list in the conference standings until you find a team that one team lost to and the other team. So if you gotta lose one conference game it might as well be to a bottom feeder because it'll hurt you the least in terms of tie breaker scenarios for the autobid.

With that theory in mind, we need to cheer for Western Illinois to beat Illinois State so then we can then beat Western Illinois and have that tie breaker; since we once again don't play Illinois State.

BisonNation11
10-23-2015, 02:47 PM
I haven't read a lot of Bisonville this week for obvious reasons but one positive thing about the debacle last Saturday is the MVFC tie breaker (http://www.valley-football.org/news/default-print/2011-12/6071/missouri-valley-football---tiebreaker/), after you get through head-to-head and record against common opponents, is you go down the list in the conference standings until you find a team that one team lost to and the other team didn't. So if you have to lose a conference game it might as well be to a bottom feeder because it'll hurt you the least in terms of tie breaker scenarios for the autobid.

With that theory in mind, we need to cheer for Western Illinois to beat Illinois State so then we can then beat Western Illinois and have that tie breaker; since we once again don't play Illinois State.

I guess I'm not concerned with the autobid at this point. I'm looking to just make the playoffs. If NDSU takes care of NDSU's business, they'll be a seeded team anyway. That's the outcome they need to shoot for. They are 4-2 right now and are ranked 8th. Go 4-1 or even 5-0 and you're probably looking at a top 4-6 seed. Reputation seems to go a long way with the playoff committee. Obviously where that 1 loss comes in would make a difference, but let's win this week and continue to go week to week.

stevdock
10-23-2015, 02:47 PM
I know the team will be focused moving forward, but all that has taken place this week will get the fan base refocused too. Take no game for granted. We as fans need to do our part as the 12th man at home games and I think you're going to see a reinvigorated crowd when the lights go down on Nov 7th. One thing is for sure...wherever we end up being seeded in the playoffs, nobody will want to see us on their side of the bracket. We'll get the swagger back.

I would love to say that you will be right and it will be insanely loud at the next home game, but history says that will not be the case. In fact if the Bison were to lose a game between now and then there will be plenty of blue seats on Nov 7th. And yes I know this is the "Positive Thread." Well I'm very positive about that.

BisonNation11
10-23-2015, 02:49 PM
I would love to say that you will be right and it will be insanely loud at the next home game, but history says that will not be the case. In fact if the Bison were to lose a game between now and then there will be plenty of blue seats on Nov 7th. And yes I know this is the "Positive Thread." Well I'm very positive about that.

Which is perfectly fine with me. Tickets will become available for those that can't normally get them and prices will come down for those tickets. Finish with a bad year and season tickets will open up giving me the opportunity to grab some more. Now THAT is a positive outlook.

Professor Chaos
10-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Quote from the movie Rocky Balboa:
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
That quote reminds me of one of my favorite Bison highlight videos of all time. It was from the 2010 season and the first 4 minutes were epic... the last 5 minutes not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2sA3quRRA

Bisonville GasMan
10-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Which is perfectly fine with me. Tickets will become available for those that can't normally get them and prices will come down for those tickets. Finish with a bad year and season tickets will open up giving me the opportunity to grab some more. Now THAT is a positive outlook.

I hate to say this...but I too would be OK with being able to get more season tickets. The shitty thing about that is I don't think I will be able to, like you said, unless we have less successful year and don't make it to Frisco. On the other hand, I desperately want another mini vacation to Frisco and have been looking forward to it. Talk about a catch 22...

Bison03
10-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Students don't use their allotment in November, especially on deer hunting opener; even in the past 4 title years. So to keep the positive vide going; now a lot of fans who don't have tickets will be able to get them and go to the game.

TateMosersneighbor
10-23-2015, 05:55 PM
I found a spoon that I can bring into the FargoDome that has been modified so my Dippin Dots don't fall off onto the concrete floor where they are very tough to pick up and eat in under 5 seconds. I am extremely positive about this and looking forward to the next home game.

A1pigskin
10-23-2015, 06:01 PM
That quote reminds me of one of my favorite Bison highlight videos of all time. It was from the 2010 season and the first 4 minutes were epic... the last 5 minutes not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2sA3quRRA

Awesome video...