PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Verbal: Felix Dixon

Jay
10-18-2015, 10:23 PM
5'11" 165 LBS | CB | Clearwater, FLA

@_famousfe: I'm blessed to say that I'm committed to North Dakota state university #NDSU ❄️ #Bisonation http://t.co/0m7bs1yVpU

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AuPTTMFJOE0

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Board/59416/Contents/Top-100-High-School-Football-Players-in-Pinellas-County-37680411

33. Felix Dixon 2016 CB/PR/KR (6’0, 150 Countryside )- Dixon is arguably the top cornerback in the county. He possesses great measurables with a 4.5 40 and a 34-inch vertical. He has great recovery speed, ball skills, and position skills. He can jam cover receivers, stay step for step with them downfield and snatch interceptions. Also a threat in special teams. Last year he notched 23 tackles, one tackle for loss, two interceptions and four pass deflections. In the Spring game vs. Citrus he reeled off an 85-yard kick return TD and almost took an interception 80 yards to the house. He holds one Div. 1 offer from Alcorn State.

HerdBot
10-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Good news. We needed a corner with some good size. Welcome aboard!

gumby013
10-18-2015, 11:22 PM
Welcome Felix!

jarhead
10-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Welcome aboard, Felix.

Rixen
10-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Welcome to the herd, Felix!

Tony Almeida
10-19-2015, 05:00 AM
This dude has got some talent after the catch, wow! If you he ran a 4.3 or even a 4.4, he's playing big time ball.

HerdBot
10-19-2015, 08:35 AM
This dude has got some talent after the catch, wow! If you he ran a 4.3 or even a 4.4, he's playing big time ball.

Kid looks super fast and talented with great potential, but i highly doubt he runs a 4.3. Thr nfl combine only had 7 guys who ran a sub 4.4 last year.

Mr Meaty
10-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the Herd Felix.

jcdcubs
10-19-2015, 11:49 AM
He weight only 165 LBS. I'm sure he will add some weight and get stronger.

Herd890
10-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Welcome to Bison Nation Felix!

Tony Almeida
10-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Kid looks super fast and talented with great potential, but i highly doubt he runs a 4.3. Thr nfl combine only had 7 guys who ran a sub 4.4 last year.

I should re-word...I meant if he did indeed run at least a 4.4, he would be playing big time football meaning he would be playing at a P5 school...I'm guessing that is why the offers haven't come because he sure fits the eye test when it comes to talent.

westnodak93bison
10-19-2015, 11:22 PM
I should re-word...I meant if he did indeed run at least a 4.4, he would be playing big time football meaning he would be playing at a P5 school...I'm guessing that is why the offers haven't come because he sure fits the eye test when it comes to talent.
I would say his weight could be his limiting factor now. 165 is light. He needs 20lbs+ to get to an optimum playing weight. Maybe some are skeptical he can get there? Looks like good potential.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tolnabison
10-19-2015, 11:37 PM
I would say his weight could be his limiting factor now. 165 is light. He needs 20lbs+ to get to an optimum playing weight. Maybe some are skeptical he can get there? Looks like good potential.

How many of our CBs have played over 200 lbs in past 5 years? Williams was 195, CJ is 188, Champ is 189, and Allison is 177, the list goes on. I'd say 20 lbs puts him right where he needs to be around 185. That seems to be around the weight most our guys play at for the CB position.

westnodak93bison
10-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Yeah the big programs want a kid like that at 180+

A1pigskin
10-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Welcome to NDSU.

GOBISON123
10-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Welcome to BisonNation Felix and Family.

td577
10-21-2015, 12:40 AM
He has some speed. There is a problem with what people think is fast. 4.5 is blazing. If we are getting kids that run anything faster than 4.6, they are really fast. A 4.7 is a sub 10.9 in the 100M and that is not slow. 4.3 is world class speed.

This kid ran a 4.68 electronic in February at a Nike camp. That is fast for a 17 year old. If I were the track coach in his HS, I would be begging him to come and at least run some relays. There is no way he is not one of the fastest kids in his school. What would really set him apart would be his quickness. Fast doesn't always equate to quick, but usually guys with good 40 times are quick. There are some power sprinters who take a bit to get going who are not quick but are very fast where the 40 isn't a good measure of speed but it is a good measure of football speed without pads.

Most HS recruits are either lying about their 40 times or their coaches aren't timing them right. These sub 4.4 claims out of HS very rarely translate to as fast by the time they hit the combine. There are a couple of reasons for this. Sometimes it is strength and conditioning bulks them up a bit and could slow them down. The other reason, which is more often than not, is they are just as fast or faster as a 21 year old as they were at 17 but their times are more accurate after high school. If we are getting kids with true baselines of sub 4.7s out of high school, they are definitely G5 level speed if not most P5 program level speed. An actual 4.4 is very rare. There are only a handful of high school kids in the nation who can put up a 4.4 with electronic timing done accurately. They have names like Sanders and Moss. So the bottom line is don't get too caught up in the hype of speed. We aren't losing too many battles for guys who are fast enough to play at NDSU. In fact, my money is on we have a lot of 4.7 guys on the roster who aren't getting out of position because of speed. Other factors, maybe, but not speed.

I am looking forward to this young man joining the Bison family. Kramer will have fun molding him into a FCS CB and it looks and sounds like he has the athletic qualities to stand out.

El_Chapo
10-31-2015, 02:41 AM
@Rivals_Singer: Felix Dixon blocks an East Lake punt and recovers the ball in the end zone for a TD. After an interception by Felix earlier, C-Side now with a 28-7 lead. #HometeamFB

I will be shocked if he sticks with NDSU , he is amazing!!!! Sure hope he does, the next M WILL!

tony
11-07-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm not worried about his weight at all... even if he was 150, it wouldn't bother me. He makes plays.

GOBISON123
11-07-2015, 03:10 PM
He has some speed. There is a problem with what people think is fast. 4.5 is blazing. If we are getting kids that run anything faster than 4.6, they are really fast. A 4.7 is a sub 10.9 in the 100M and that is not slow. 4.3 is world class speed.

This kid ran a 4.68 electronic in February at a Nike camp. That is fast for a 17 year old. If I were the track coach in his HS, I would be begging him to come and at least run some relays. There is no way he is not one of the fastest kids in his school. What would really set him apart would be his quickness. Fast doesn't always equate to quick, but usually guys with good 40 times are quick. There are some power sprinters who take a bit to get going who are not quick but are very fast where the 40 isn't a good measure of speed but it is a good measure of football speed without pads.

Most HS recruits are either lying about their 40 times or their coaches aren't timing them right. These sub 4.4 claims out of HS very rarely translate to as fast by the time they hit the combine. There are a couple of reasons for this. Sometimes it is strength and conditioning bulks them ....

I am looking forward to this young man joining the Bison family. Kramer will have fun molding him into a FCS CB and it looks and sounds like he has the athletic qualities to stand out.

Most WRs run a minimum 4.5 I don't know why you think a CB running 4.7 is great.

bri-dog
11-07-2015, 03:12 PM
I saw on twitter that last night, Felix had 2 INTs (one a pick-6) and 4 passes defended. Not a bad night...

https://twitter.com/lynden_o/status/662843988030955520

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/football-countryside-48-lake-mary-45/2253026

yopaulie
11-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Most WRs run a minimum 4.5 I don't know why you think a CB running 4.7 is great.

I think you're confusing the typical high school stopwatch timings with the absolute real timings that are done at combines and other camps. At the NFL combine, with the best wrs in all of college, there were 18 that had sub 4.5 - only about half of the very top 40 college wrs in the country.

td577
11-07-2015, 04:02 PM

Because most WRs at the FCS level aren't running sub 4.5s. Very few are as well as very few CBs are. Numbers are getting bloated.

Even for the few that do run that fast, they can be defended by team defense if they even have a QB capable of maximizing that speed.

My point wasn't that guys aren't fast, it is just there aren't as many speed demons who can play football as the numbers posted. HS kids and coaches are either lying or failing to time properly. Everyone gets hung up on the sub 4.5s and they don't even know what they are getting hung up about.

Lastly, there have only been a handful of Bison football players who have ever run true sub 4.5s. It is plenty fast.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
11-07-2015, 05:57 PM
I'll take a good football player over .2 seconds in a 40....

tony
11-07-2015, 09:16 PM
I saw on twitter that last night, Felix had 2 INTs (one a pick-6) and 4 passes defended. Not a bad night...

https://twitter.com/lynden_o/status/662843988030955520

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/football-countryside-48-lake-mary-45/2253026

He has an insane number of touchdowns for a guy who doesn't play offense... not sure how many, but it has to be close to 1 a game.

GOBISON123
11-08-2015, 04:23 AM
Because most WRs at the FCS level aren't running sub 4.5s. Very few are as well as very few CBs are. Numbers are getting bloated.

Even for the few that do run that fast, they can be defended by team defense if they even have a QB capable of maximizing that speed.

My point wasn't that guys aren't fast, it is just there aren't as many speed demons who can play football as the numbers posted. HS kids and coaches are either lying or failing to time properly. Everyone gets hung up on the sub 4.5s and they don't even know what they are getting hung up about.

Lastly, there have only been a handful of Bison football players who have ever run true sub 4.5s. It is plenty fast.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think you're confusing the typical high school stopwatch timings with the absolute real timings that are done at combines and other camps. At the NFL combine, with the best wrs in all of college, there were 18 that had sub 4.5 - only about half of the very top 40 college wrs in the country.

Ah...makes sense.

Alsen
01-30-2016, 02:44 AM
If you really want a solid idea of a players natural speed just check the numbers they posted in HS track and field. Most of the guys who play the typical speed positions were active in track and field in HS.

If my research is correct, Bo Liekhus LB/SS/ST's, would be the team's fastest player. He ran a 4.42 40....maybe; and he did run a 11.24 200, which is really really fast.

Alsen
01-30-2016, 02:49 AM
If you really want a solid idea of a players natural speed just check the numbers they posted in HS track and field. Most of the guys who play the typical speed positions were active in track and field in HS.

If my research is correct, Bo Liekhus LB/SS/ST's, would be the team's fastest player. He ran a 4.42 40....maybe; and he did run a 11.24 200, which is really really fast.

Oops, screwed that up. It was a 22.16 200 meters. http://myhitnews.com/latest-nebraska-hs-class-of-2012-football-recruiting-news/

SamsRams
01-24-2018, 12:07 PM
Word is he is transferring

Mr Meaty
01-24-2018, 12:17 PM

Not surprised if true. Converted wr and a true freshman played over him at cb. Not sure if he got a real shot at playing or was just not picking it up. Who knows but him and coaches. If he does transfer, good luck to him. Hope it works out for him. If he stays commit to the process and compete.

Bison20
01-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Not surprised if true. Converted wr and a true freshman played over him at cb. Not sure if he got a real shot at playing or was just not picking it up. Who knows but him and coaches. If he does transfer, good luck to him. Hope it works out for him. If he stays commit to the process and compete.

I seem to remember him being hurt quite a bit. Best of luck to him.

HerdBot
01-24-2018, 01:53 PM

I don't think he has the frame to play D1 football. After a red shirt year he only weighs 166 (and he's not short either) which is the lightest on the team. Not sure if that's why but it's tough to hold up as a corner when you have to tackle well in our system. Good luck to him

wagsabison
01-24-2018, 02:58 PM
Not easy for some guys to add weight either. Just the way it goes. Good luck to him.

StL Bison Fan
01-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Can he punt? Not kidding

mtoutfitter
01-24-2018, 04:35 PM
This kind of sucks for CB depth with Allison and Wimbush graduating after the coming season.

HerdBot
01-24-2018, 06:19 PM
This kind of sucks for CB depth with Allison and Wimbush graduating after the coming season.

In all fairness... Josh Hayes, Marquis Bridges, and Dom Davis are still around for 2-3 more years and some of the recent recruits could play corner. But we definitely need another corner in this years class. Like a true cover corner to be the next starter.

Bison20
01-24-2018, 07:24 PM
In all fairness... Josh Hayes, Marquis Bridges, and Dom Davis are still around for 2-3 more years and some of the recent recruits could play corner. But we definitely need another corner in this years class. Like a true cover corner to be the next starter.

Wondering if one of the wr we signed like sproles or destin will switch if we can sign a couple of those other wr recruits. Maybe the coaches are working on some cb recruits still. Does his transfer open up another scholarship?

HerdBot
01-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Wondering if one of the wr we signed like sproles or destin will switch if we can sign a couple of those other wr recruits. Maybe the coaches are working on some cb recruits still. Does his transfer open up another scholarship?

For sure another scholarship will be available. Doesn't necessarily mean it will go to a new player though, could be used to give a walk-on a scholarship if they earned it. But either way more scholarships available. We lost a few others too in Engle and Van Delen

KNOW IT ALL
01-26-2018, 01:49 PM
Thielen states that he clocked at 4.4, He is fast!

TwinCityBison
02-08-2018, 03:28 AM
I don't think he has the frame to play D1 football. After a red shirt year he only weighs 166 (and he's not short either) which is the lightest on the team. Not sure if that's why but it's tough to hold up as a corner when you have to tackle well in our system. Good luck to him
Felix was lightening quick and would have moat great if given an opportunity. Don't get caught up on weight Tyron Braxton played at 155 at NDSU !

HerdBot
02-08-2018, 04:14 AM
Felix was lightening quick and would have moat great if given an opportunity. Don't get caught up on weight Tyron Braxton played at 155 at NDSU !

He had an opportunity but was beaten out by Bridges and Hayes. He had a chance to crack the depth chart but probably not until after the Jaylens are gone. Needed some patience or some more weight but can't blame a kid for wanting to play

I think Braxton was 5-11 200 in the NFL but he was probably way smaller when he played as a D2 freshman 35 years ago. Totally different game now.

Christopher Moen
02-08-2018, 05:00 AM
He had an opportunity but was beaten out by Bridges and Hayes. He had a chance to crack the depth chart but probably not until after the Jaylens are gone. Needed some patience or some more weight but can't blame a kid for wanting to play

I think Braxton was 5-11 200 in the NFL but he was probably way smaller when he played as a D2 freshman 35 years ago. Totally different game now.

I think he was given a few inches to his actual height. I saw him once up close at a night club I use to work at here in Colorado Springs about a dozen years ago, and he was a bit shorter than me.

Ndsu84
02-08-2018, 09:28 AM
I practiced next to him in track and remember Braxton at 5’10”. But that was 33 years ago so I could be messed up. He was an awesome triple jumper so he couldn’t have been too short.

semobison
02-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Braxton was 5-10, 175 pounds his 3rd year with the Broncos. With the Bison he was around 160-165 as a senior. He long jumped over 24 feet, ran the sprint relays and had no problem dunking a basketball which he liked to do often messing around at the field house!

HerdBot
02-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Braxton was 5-10, 175 pounds his 3rd year with the Broncos. With the Bison he was around 160-165 as a senior. He long jumped over 24 feet, ran the sprint relays and had no problem dunking a basketball which he liked to do often messing around at the field house!

He was a heck of an athlete. When you are that athletic, you can get away with being smaller.