PDA

View Full Version : USD post-game thoughts.

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
10-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Short and sweet this week:

1) We did not deserve to win this game. Congrats to Coach Glenn and the USD team.
2) We got butchered in the trenches. The QB read option and designed runs will continue to haunt us. Hope we don't play ISU-red this year.
3) Blame it on the rotation, on the o-line play or on the playcalling but we don't have a run game between the tackles and because of it we don't have an identity.
4) Our last three and out series was just pathetic.
5) WIU is no slouch, YSU looks good here and there too. The Valley might not be done with us yet.
6) This one is going to sting for awhile.

Sun Bison
10-17-2015, 10:42 PM
I can sum this game up in one word: sloppy.

Kevin
10-17-2015, 10:46 PM
I can sum this game up in one word: sloppy.

For me it's inexcusable.

Our player of the game had 9 carries with 34 yards? Why even name one at that point?

bisonhp330
10-17-2015, 10:47 PM
let the epic bisonville

http://i59.tinypic.com/2qu5ety.jpg

begin

ZHerd
10-17-2015, 10:48 PM

1) We did not deserve to win this game. Congrats to Coach Glenn and the USD team.
2) We got butchered in the trenches. The QB read option and designed runs will continue to haunt us. Hope we don't play ISU-red this year.
3) Blame it on the rotation, on the o-line play or on the playcalling but we don't have a run game between the tackles and because of it we don't have an identity.
5) WIU is no slouch, YSU looks good here and there too. The Valley might not be done with us yet.

Losing to ISU sure wouldn't happen in the championship. NDSU has zero shot at making it to Frisco

CaBisonFan
10-17-2015, 10:50 PM
We're just not that good right now.

bisonmike2
10-17-2015, 10:51 PM
let the epic bisonville

http://i59.tinypic.com/2qu5ety.jpg

begin
Well deserved meltdown IMO. Do you know when the last time we lost at home to USD? I couldn't tell you because I wasn't alive then and I'm old as shit.

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2015, 10:52 PM
I don't know what to think. If Carson doesn't hurt his ankle in Montana, we win easily. We smoked SDSU and took UNI's best shot.

Until I have more information, I'm going to call this a letdown game and nothing more.

tolnabison
10-17-2015, 10:53 PM
Don't post a lot. Read daily. Figured what the hell.
Predictions
1. Prediction all the experts will come out on bisonville.
2. People will talk about how it's our right to critic player and coaches.
3. Discuss power running game.
4. Discuss inexperienced defense.
5. We beat Indiana St 35-17 next week.

Analysis
1. We're a solid football team that relies on Carson to make every big play. We lack game breakers and elite talent like we had in the past.
2. Our running game is average and this year we need to pass to set up the run. I agree with CAS we don't have an identity. Not saying it needs to be the power run, but we need something we can hang our hat on.
3. Our defense has flaws, obviously. In my opinion linebacker play is a weakness. I feel like Stumpf and PGT play on their heals and can't shed blocks.
4. We had a let down, but that's no excuse at this level. Some falls on coaches, some falls on players. Both our accountable.
5. Better to lose now than later on. Might not win it all but we will be a top 4 team in the end. Team needs to get away from the dome. Seems like we play a little sharper in the past on the road.

Gully
10-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Don't post a lot. Read daily. Figured what the hell.
Predictions
1. Prediction all the experts will come out on bisonville.
2. People will talk about how it's our right to critic player and coaches.
3. Discuss power running game.
4. Discuss inexperienced defense.
5. We beat Indiana St 35-17 next week.

Analysis
1. We're a solid football team that relies on Carson to make every big play. We lack game breakers and elite talent like we had in the past.
2. Our running game is average and this year we need to pass to set up the run. I agree with CAS we don't have an identity. Not saying it needs to be the power run, but we need something we can hang our hat on.
3. Our defense has flaws, obviously. In my opinion linebacker play is a weakness. I feel like Stumpf and PGT play on their heals and can't shed blocks.
4. We had a let down, but that's no excuse at this level. Some falls on coaches, some falls on players. Both our accountable.
5. Better to lose now than later on. Might not win it all but we will be a top 4 team in the end. Team needs to get away from the dome. Seems like we play a little sharper in the past on the road.

#3!!!!!!!!!! :)

gumby013
10-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Offense sucked.

Defense sucked.

Crowd really sucked.

HerdBoy
10-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Well deserved meltdown IMO. Do you know when the last time we lost at home to USD? I couldn't tell you because I wasn't alive then and I'm old as shit.

CentennialBison
10-17-2015, 11:00 PM
I think we should be clear. We tried to establish the run too much. Our Offensive plan was working..why would you change it when the other team cannot stop you. This run the damn ball sucks when your rb's aren't very good. This team cannot be a run first team, we need the pass to open up the running. Terrible, terrible coaching.

MinotBison
10-17-2015, 11:01 PM
What is it about the read option that is so hard for them to stop?

Schwarz04
10-17-2015, 11:01 PM
I mean c'mon could we really expect to win this at home as only 27 point favorites...

Bisonator98
10-17-2015, 11:02 PM
Fucking embarrassing!

Schwarz04
10-17-2015, 11:02 PM
We have no power running game.

gumby013
10-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Could we also please stop the zone running plays. Start moving some linemen around and bring back the power game.

gumby013
10-17-2015, 11:04 PM
We have no power running game.

We don't run power anymore. It's all zone blocking schemes.

BisManBison
10-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Could we also please stop the zone running plays. Start moving some linemen around and bring back the power game.

Amen brother Amen!!!

Schwarz04
Exactly

10char

NDSUstudent
Rams were lambs today, just didn't get it done and were just out worked and outclassed.

Carson is our playmaker, today we were so overly stubborn on being a run team and it is flat out something we are not. Carson is by far and away our best playmaker, just stupid to not let him do what he does best. I don't really cares if throws an INT or whatever, lets be aggressive. Our last offensive series was a complete joke.

Defense still having major breakdowns, so poorly prepared. Coach K needs to get hands on and fix this thing.

Schwarz04
10-17-2015, 11:08 PM
We don't run power anymore. It's all zone blocking schemes.

Exactly

10char

Biz101on
10-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Hopefully will become a positive. Maybe a well timed stepping stone. Read option defense, and left side of defense could stand a lot of improvement.

DakotaOkie
1st quarter looked like a blowout in the making by a team that believed. The game looked like it should have gone 21-0 in the first quarter but then 2nd quarter occurred. After that, the entire team (coaches, players, fans) seemed to behave like the game was over. I say fans because the dome seemed to go silent in the second quarter on the TV feed. Noise picked up at the end, but the players body language said it all in the second half. Coyotes were pumped up and Bison had heads hanging down.

tolnabison
Fuchs > Riley

Jay
10-17-2015, 11:10 PM
Pretty telling when the first two guys interviewed are grimsley and Bruce, both talked about practice being unfocused and no effort

bisonp
10-17-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm not so much disappointed in the loss, but how they lost it. USD is not a terrible team but they are not a good team, and the Bison were outplayed and deserved to lose. This wasn't a fluke like Indiana State, this wasn't a loss to a talented team like UNI.

Props to USD. They earned this win. That said, the team out there today was not a championship caliber team. The season is not over by any means, but it just got a lot more difficult.

stpaulbison
10-17-2015, 11:13 PM
Why did it take so long to run plays after two catches that were reversed? We need to take advantage of what the refs will give us even if the call is an incorrect one. Two potential1st downs that ended with no points.

Kevin
10-17-2015, 11:14 PM
I'm not so much disappointed in the loss, but how they lost it. USD is not a terrible team but they are not a good team, and the Bison were outplayed and deserved to lose. This wasn't a fluke like Indiana State, this wasn't a loss to a talented team like UNI.

Props to USD. They earned this win. That said, the team out there today was not a championship caliber team. The season is not over by any means, but it just got a lot more difficult.

I thought that too. Someone here compared it to the ISU-blue loss years ago where Jensen through a pick six or two but we weren't out played in that game. Not like this at least.

onbison09
10-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Why did it take so long to run plays after two catches that were reversed? We need to take advantage of what the refs will give us even if the call is an incorrect one. Two potential1st downs that ended with no points.
Absolutely maddening. I've thought we've been outcoached in 3 games (today, UNI, Montana).

BlueHawkAlumni
10-17-2015, 11:17 PM

Agree with most of this. Still not a fan of this running back by committee. its huge to have an established leader at running back, both for shouldering some weight off of wentz, and having defenses respect a running back and not just key running schemes. It should also be said, that after a game like UNI it is really hard to replace the energy spent.

Well now we don't have to worry about any meaningless records.

onbison09
10-17-2015, 11:17 PM
Hopefully will become a positive. Maybe a well timed stepping stone. Read option defense, and left side of defense could stand a lot of improvement.
We said that about Montana.

westnodak93bison
10-17-2015, 11:18 PM
For me it's inexcusable.

Our player of the game had 9 carries with 34 yards? Why even name one at that point?
Should never name one until their is a W period.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kevin
10-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Zero points off of turnovers for the Bison this year? I don't know how that's even possible.

HoopsBison
10-17-2015, 11:19 PM
Congrats to USD they dominated that second half. Don't have much good to say about our effort.

BlueHawkAlumni
10-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Having a young defense and relying too much on Wentz is making us a beatable team.

NDSUstudent
10-17-2015, 11:20 PM
We don't have a feature back and the coaching staff just can't create one. King isn't it, Morlock isn't, Bruce is just a freshmen and well Dunn is hurt.

Kevin
10-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Well.... at least we aren't Michigan. WTF.

BisManBison
10-17-2015, 11:21 PM
At least we're not Michigan

bisonboone11
10-17-2015, 11:22 PM

Ten char

BlueHawkAlumni
10-17-2015, 11:22 PM
Did we try to stretch the field too much on offense?

Flow 2-3-4-5
10-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Can someone teach USD how to properly fit a helmet on their QB?? That PF penalty was total B.S.

CentennialBison

We tried running a lot with the box loaded. Instead of using our players to make plays, we keep trying to be a certain type of team. There it is bisonville, I hope everyone is happy with run the damn ball.

Kevin

It's either too much or not enough. I wish we'd just stick with one approach and get some rhythm.

NDSUstudent
10-17-2015, 11:25 PM

Not enough in my opinion. We went into a shell after the first quarter.

aces1180
10-17-2015, 11:29 PM
We run the table and we get a top 4 seed...Losses happen and this one again will be a motivator...Like YSU, ISU-B and UNI.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Can someone teach USD how to properly fit a helmet on their QB?? That PF penalty was total B.S.

This is a solid point many will forget..... That was bullshit

HerdBot
10-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Game just sucked. It's not the end of the world but we need to figure shit out fast. It's not like they kicked out ass. We just didn't execute at key times and USD played very well.

1) No energy. Not from the players or the fans. On the flip side, USD played with great energy. We just looked uninspired.

Offense - the last 3 quarters felt like we were trying to protect the lead.

Defense - The read option continued to kill us. If we cant figure this out its going to be a long season. USD actually wore us out.

Deuce Dog Nitro
10-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Not sure how many of you complaining about the running backs have ever played the game but anybody that has knows it starts up front with the line. The O Line has been the biggest disappointment this season. They came into the year with the most experience and frankly have not delivered.

MNLonghorn10
10-17-2015, 11:38 PM
http://replygif.net/i/317.gif

Gully
10-17-2015, 11:40 PM
I hear you deuce, but why would the line get worse in the off season with everything they had back? I don't know the answer but we haven't been able to run the ball consistently all season

NDSUstudent
10-17-2015, 11:40 PM
Not sure how many of you complaining about the running backs have ever played the game but anybody that has knows it starts up front with the line. The O Line has been the biggest disappointment this season. They came into the year with the most experience and frankly have not delivered.

It is a combo platter, not all on the OL.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
10-17-2015, 11:43 PM
I am sick of hearing no energy from the fans. If a team needs the fans to get fired up to play, there is something wrong (in the coaching staff). Half of their games are not at home and don't have fan energy. If anyone can say that is the reason we lost, quit making excuses. There are other teams in the conference that win at home with a lot crappy fan attendance/energy.

Bisonwinagn
10-17-2015, 11:48 PM
The better team won today plain and simple. There was nothing that happened such as turnovers, penalties etc that you can point to. NDSU clearly was outplayed out coached and got beat by a better team. Nothing else to see here. I just pray they don't face a good read option QB or they will give up 70 points. and they will probably give up even more in the second half.

tony
10-17-2015, 11:48 PM
That sucked. USD deserved to win. Defense needs work.

Ginsbach
10-17-2015, 11:51 PM
USD outplayed NDSU today, but the bigger story was coaching. Klieman was outcoached badly today and this is becoming a concerning trend to me.

westnodak93bison
10-17-2015, 11:54 PM
This is on the offense imho. Young defense is gonna make mistakes. If this o cant score in a half there is something wrong, especially against the 2nd worst team in the conference. O didn't score in the 2nd half with a potential NFL caliber qb? Wtf.

Deuce Dog Nitro
10-17-2015, 11:55 PM
Not sure either why there is a drop off. Maybe it's the scheme. It just looks like to me there is not a lot of push come from the O line and to be fair to the backs not a lot of room to do anything. I don't care how good a back is with no push up front they won't be successful.

HerdBot
10-17-2015, 11:58 PM
This is on the offense imho. Young defense is gonna make mistakes. If this o cant score in a half there is something wrong, especially against the 2nd worst team in the conference. O didn't score in the 2nd half with a potential NFL caliber qb? Wtf.

When you have a young defense you can't count on, the offense can't have off days. It's not the old days when the offense can have an off day and the defense is lights out. For that reason I put the loss more on the offense.

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 12:00 AM
Someone please tell me why we are not smoking the read option qb on EVERY running play? Oh and our effort sucked.

yopaulie
10-18-2015, 12:00 AM
I hear you deuce, but why would the line get worse in the off season with everything they had back? I don't know the answer but we haven't been able to run the ball consistently all season

Because it's not the oline. It's the change in offensive scheme, subtle but growing, as a vocal minority on this board have been pointing out.

HerdBoy
10-18-2015, 12:05 AM

Ten char

Yes, back when Jimmy Carter was president and gas was 70 cents a gallon.

CalBison97
10-18-2015, 12:29 AM
Interesting Carson was scaled back on running plays, like many fans were clamoring for. Need to utilize that crucial part of his game. The need to win now is worth the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KilldeerBison
10-18-2015, 12:33 AM
In my mind, the offense lost this game. OL and play calling cost the game IMO.

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 12:33 AM
Interesting Carson was scaled back on running plays, like many fans were clamoring for. Need to utilize that crucial part of his game. The need to win now is worth the risk.

Pretty fucking sad when a post 1990's Bison team has to rely on a QB for rushing yards! We are supposed to be a balance offense. That needs to be kept in the hip pocket as Bohl would say.

CalBison97
10-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Pretty fucking sad when a post 1990's Bison team has to rely on a QB for rushing yards! We are supposed to be a balance offense.

We wouldn't have won some of our big games during this run without Brock's running ability either. I'm not advocating to showcase the QB run, rather utilize it and not shy away from it.

Dstahn
10-18-2015, 12:38 AM
I guess I'm not sure where this lack of running comes from. Did we have outstanding numbers no but both king and morlock averaged over 4 yards a carry according to the boxscore. The issue there I think is they were only given the ball combined 16 times.

I think they just didn't execute when it mattered.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 12:39 AM
We wouldn't have won some of our big games during this run without Brock's running ability either. I'm not advocating to showcase the QB run, rather utilize it and not shy away from it.

Utilize and rely on are two different things.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 12:40 AM
Not sure either why there is a drop off. Maybe it's the scheme. It just looks like to me there is not a lot of push come from the O line and to be fair to the backs not a lot of room to do anything. I don't care how good a back is with no push up front they won't be successful.

Read option is not based on OL push.

I hate it, and what is really strange is that we seem to be one of the only teams not able to defend or run it effectively.

Sent from my iPhone.

gumby013
10-18-2015, 12:45 AM
Read option is not based on OL push.

I hate it, and what is really strange is that we seem to be one of the only teams not able to defend or run it effectively.

Sent from my iPhone.

That's why they have us running it now instead of power. It works in practice against a defense that can't handle it.

GiantBison12
10-18-2015, 12:47 AM
Last home loss was to Indiana State. The next week we crushed USD 54-0.
Today we have the textbook letdown to USD.
All I can say is look out Sycamores! The Bison will bounce back!

KilldeerBison
10-18-2015, 12:49 AM
My thought, we screwed the pooch!

Bisonwinagn
10-18-2015, 12:50 AM
Last home loss was to Indiana State. The next week we crushed USD 54-0.
Today we have the textbook letdown to USD.
All I can say is look out Sycamores! The Bison will bounce back!

Championship level teams do not have let downs and lose to teams they are 3 touchdown favorites against. This is a top 10 team, but not championship level at this point. The good news is they have 6 weeks to figure it out.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 12:54 AM
I haven't watched the gamne yet. We lost to f'n South Dakota? At home? Is this a joke? That's an absolute brutal loss.

CentennialBison
10-18-2015, 12:58 AM
I haven't watched the gamne yet. We lost to f'n South Dakota? At home? Is this a joke? That's an absolute brutal loss.

We lost. It was pathetic. If you recorded the game- burn it with fire.

HerdBot
10-18-2015, 01:03 AM

And its not like we turned the ball over or tossed a bunch of pick sixes. They just beat us although it was a close game. This team and coaches obviously let complacency bite them in the ass and we're way over confident. I swear did the whole team spend the night at thr Northern?

BisManBison
10-18-2015, 01:05 AM

We lost to South Dakota at home after jumping out to a 14-0 lead. Let that sink in for just a bit. South Dakota beat us 24-7 over the last 3 quarters.....yes, the same South Dakota that scored 7 points in 3 years....

GiantBison12
10-18-2015, 01:06 AM
I agree we should not be subject to a letdown, but it happened.
I just hope this isn't usd's only conference win!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-18-2015, 01:10 AM
In my mind, the offense lost this game. OL and play calling cost the game IMO.

Without a doubt!

Dstahn
10-18-2015, 01:10 AM
I believe they play Illinois state as their last game... Fingers crossed

HerdBot
10-18-2015, 01:11 AM

That waant a letdown. Thst was idling for 3 quarters against a team that, like everyone, is the biggest game of the year. After the 1st quarter I expected it to get ugly. Wrong team though.

SoCalBison
10-18-2015, 01:15 AM
That waant a letdown. Thst was idling for 3 quarters against a team that, like everyone, is the biggest game of the year. After the 1st quarter I expected it to get ugly. Wrong team though.

That's my take too.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-18-2015, 01:18 AM
Zero points off of turnovers for the Bison this year? I don't know how that's even possible.

That's not true. We subsequently scored a touchdown after an interception in one game. Now I forget which game it was.

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 01:26 AM
Out coached and out played. This is the result.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 01:28 AM
Go ahead and rape me for saying this. I am happy for the Yotes.
We have had incredible success for a long time, all empires fall.
We are not done, but have a long road ahead of us after today, but I am sincerely happy for SD.

I hope it is a wake up call for the NDSU coaches, we are off the rails right now.

SDbison
10-18-2015, 01:28 AM
Bison O and D really sucked this game period. Not a championship team. Maybe can make the playoffs.

SoCalBison
10-18-2015, 01:32 AM
Go ahead and rape me for saying this. I am happy for the Yotes.
We have had incredible success for a long time, all empires fall.
We are not done, but have a long road ahead of us after today, but I am sincerely happy for SD.

I hope it is a wake up call for the NDSU coaches, we are off the rails right now.

You're not wrong, my friend. Now I'm going to hunt for articles about Kyle Emanuel because they make me happy.

HerdBot
10-18-2015, 01:37 AM
Bison O and D really sucked this game period. Not a championship team. Maybe can make the playoffs.

Well... its a work in progress. Offense needs an identity and needs to wear teams down.. Defense needs young players to improve and quit fucking up and missing fits and assignments. Were still tough up the middle. Just need an OLB and safety who can read the friggin read option and stop the damn QB. Obviously the offenses have figured out sometime and will expose it until we answer. I think we took for granted just how good Heagle was in run support. Beck is greatly missed too. Young kids.. long term we will be good

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 01:37 AM
outcoached ourselves.tackling sucked. were we playing a lot of man on outside? they had some big plays in the flats and qb ran wild.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 01:38 AM
also playoffs will not go thru fargo :(

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 01:41 AM
Well... its a work in progress. Offense needs an identity and needs to wear teams down..

That style has been our bread and butter. For whatever reason they don't want to play that way this year. I still there is enough talent on this team where they just need to figure out a way to get it done. No excuse of playing my way or the highway". You play and figure out how to win the game. We'll see how good this coaching staff is in the playoffs this year when teams are a little more comparable, but still not more talented than us.

17>1
10-18-2015, 01:43 AM
Pretty tough for even me and my 'glass half full' attitude to find anything real positive to say right now. Very disappointed.

1st&TennBison
10-18-2015, 01:43 AM
Just got done watching the game on the DVR, missed the game due to a funeral. Basically the team started off on fire. Then for some reason they seemed to just go flat after it was 14-0. It was like they thought that USD was just going to role over and play dead. Coaches did a bad job getting the team ready and play calling sucked. Defense was not fixed from last weeks QB running on us problems, and the excuse that CW is banged up does not cut it. If he is hurting to the point that his play making suffers then why the heck is he out there, Offensive line has major problems right now as well. We might make the playoffs but we are not going anywhere with the way we look right now, major changes have to happen and they need to happen fast. All the sudden our next two games do not seem like ones that we will win hands down. And don't blame crowd noise on this one, the team should be ready and able to win games without the noise meter hitting 110 every game, it is called self motivation.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 01:44 AM
Pretty tough for even me and my 'glass half full' attitude to find anything real positive to say right now. Very disappointed.

Other than its October 17th and still decent out, I agree.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 01:46 AM
Just got done watching the game on the DVR, missed the game due to a funeral. Basically the team started off on fire. Then for some reason they seemed to just go flat after it was 14-0. It was like they thought that USD was just going to role over and play dead. Coaches did a bad job getting the team ready and play calling sucked. Defense was not fixed from last weeks QB running on us problems, and the excuse that CW is banged up does not cut it. If he is hurting to the point that his play making suffers then why the heck is he out there, Offensive line has major problems right now as well. We might make the playoffs but we are not going anywhere with the way we look right now, major changes have to happen and they need to happen fast. All the sudden our next two games do not seem like ones that we will win hands down. And don't blame crowd noise on this one, the team should be ready and able to win games without the noise meter hitting 110 every game, it is called self motivation.

My gut feeling is that we lost our identity, the "mesh" is gone.

Bison4x
10-18-2015, 01:52 AM
People can point fingers all they want but it was just a poorly played game on both sides of the ball. No excuses, if you don't show up to play against a MVFC team you will get beat. The only thing enjoyable about being at this game was not having to listen to the drunk guy from section 21 that is usually hollering at Carson the whole game.

HerdBot
10-18-2015, 01:55 AM
also playoffs will not go thru fargo :(

Lots of time left. Every game on our schedule is winnable. Teams above us will lose. Even if your not 1 or 2, all it takes is a loss to get thst game back home.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 01:55 AM

You are spot on Pete!! The CW show is starting to remind me of the Lamar Gordon show. That's not how we do things at NDSU. Had CW chosen UND, we would still be just fine here. Everyone who says CW was/is better than Brock Jensen should question that?. Brock knew how to win and it wasn't all about Brock.

And I would get rid of in an instant Polesek and this effed up offense that requires our players to think waaaay too much. Just play the fricken game and don't try to be cute.

Polesek needs to rethink things.

Sent from my iPhone.

Bison56
10-18-2015, 01:56 AM
Just watched the game and again the D cannot stop the read option.

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 01:57 AM
Well... its a work in progress. Offense needs an identity and needs to wear teams down.. Defense needs young players to improve and quit fucking up and missing fits and assignments. Were still tough up the middle. Just need an OLB and safety who can read the friggin read option and stop the damn QB. Obviously the offenses have figured out sometime and will expose it until we answer. I think we took for granted just how good Heagle was in run support. Beck is greatly missed too. Young kids.. long term we will be good

ITS CALLED ASSIGNMENT FOOTBALL. Its not rocket science.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 01:59 AM
Sorry Cas but Wentz is better than Jensen. Why wouldn't we utilize him? Hes a potential 2nd/3rd round pick. Wentz has lead us to late wins too! The play calling on that last drive was awful! Let him sling it!

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 01:59 AM
You are spot on Pete!! The CW show is starting to remind me of the Lamar Gordon show. That's not how we do things at NDSU. Had CW chosen UND, we would still be just fine here. Everyone who says CW was/is better than Brock Jensen can GFTs. Brock knew how to win and it wasn't all about Brock.

And I would get rid of in an instant Polesek and this fucked up offense that requires our players to think waaaay fucking too much. Just play the fucking game and don't try to be cute.

Polesek is a fucking idiot!

Sent from my iPhone.

I have said that Brock was not a NFL QB and got a lot of hate for saying it. CW is a better on paper, but he does not have BJ's fire for sure.
With Brock we win today. Something is missing from NDSU this year and I think its Jensens drive to win.

HerdBoy
10-18-2015, 02:01 AM

Yes we lost to a team that was 2-3 in Fargo.

Bison56
You are spot on Pete!! The CW show is starting to remind me of the Lamar Gordon show. That's not how we do things at NDSU. Had CW chosen UND, we would still be just fine here. Everyone who says CW was/is better than Brock Jensen can GFTs. Brock knew how to win and it wasn't all about Brock.

And I would get rid of in an instant Polesek and this fucked up offense that requires our players to think waaaay fucking too much. Just play the fucking game and don't try to be cute.

Polesek is a fucking idiot!

Sent from my iPhone.

This^
So frustrating watching the offense. I thought with this online they could just wear teams out instead we are trying to be EW.

WestDakotaBison
I'm in agreement with everything I'm reading here. The one thing that sticks out to me as well is the officiating. Im not one to put the blame of a loss on the officials, but I feel that today this certainly was an impact. First, the USD OL was getting away with holding all day long. From my viewpoint there were at least 5 that were really bad and right in front of the official that went uncalled. In my opinion, this contributed greatly to some of those runs we gave up through the middle.

Second, I felt there was a block in the back that occurred right in front of the official on their last punt. Our guy took a shot to the back side of his shoulder that clearly took him out of the play as it was from his blind/back side. The offensive PI call was a tough one to swallow. The flag was late and the receiver has three yards on the defender. I may have missed the penalty, but I was 100% stone-cold sober and didn't see a PI. Then you have that final face mask call. Woof.. This crew was terrible all day long.

Doesn't take away from the gaping holes we have, but you certainly hope the officials don't compound the troubles we are already dealing with as they did today.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:04 AM
I'm in agreement with everything I'm reading here. The one thing that sticks out to me as well is the officiating. Im not one to put the blame of a loss on the officials, but I feel that today this certainly was an impact. First, the USD OL was getting away with holding all day long. From my viewpoint there were at least 5 that were really bad and right in front of the official that went uncalled. In my opinion, this contributed greatly to some of those runs we gave up through the middle.

Second, I felt there was a block in the back that occurred right in front of the official on their last punt. Our guy took a shot to the back side of his shoulder that clearly took him out of the play as it was from his blind/back side. The offensive PI call was a tough one to swallow. The flag was late and the recover has three yards on the defender. I may have missed the penalty, but I was 100% stone-cold sober and didn't see a PI. Then you have that final face mask call. Woof.. This crew was terrible all day long.

Doesn't take away from the gaping holes we have, but you certainly hope the officials don't compound the troubles we are already dealing with as they did today.

Dont you know that its not PC to blame officials. They were shitty, but we sucked worse.

MAKBison
ITS CALLED ASSIGNMENT FOOTBALL. Its not rocket science.

How do expect the safety to stop the run when they keep him deep on the field side.

Bison4x
Without a doubt Carson is a much more talented QB then Brock. This is a team game and Brock had a team that didn't need him to be depended upon as much as Carson does now.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2015, 02:05 AM
I have said that Brock was not a NFL QB and got a lot of hate for saying it. CW is a better on paper, but he does not have BJ's fire for sure.
With Brock we win today. Something is missing from NDSU this year and I think its Jensens drive to win.

Yeah it wasn't like Carson didn't have fire last week or in the playoffs against SDSU or in the title game.

You want to know what....Brock was on some of the best teams in NDSU history, this team isn't close and Carson is being asked to do way more than any QB we've had. Also last time I checked CW doesn't play defense.

I am huge Brock fan and he was great at leading the team but he was leading a very talented and well coached team.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 02:06 AM

Second, I felt there was a block in the back that occurred right in front of the official on their last punt. Our guy took a shot to the back side of his shoulder that clearly took him out of the play as it was from his blind/back side. The offensive PI call was a tough one to swallow. The flag was late and the recover has three yards on the defender. I may have missed the penalty, but I was 100% stone-cold sober and didn't see a PI. Then you have that final face mask call. Woof.. This crew was terrible all day long.

We didn't lose because of the officials. PERIOD!!

Sent from my iPhone.

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 02:07 AM
How do expect the safety to stop the run when they keep him deep on the field side.

That would be called an adjustment. :biggrin:

WestDakotaBison
10-18-2015, 02:08 AM
Dont you know that its not PC to blame officials. They were shitty, but we sucked worse.

I agree. Not saying the loss is on them at all. Their work today definitely didn't make things any better for us. That's about as bad of officiating as I've seen.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:09 AM
Yeah it wasn't like Carson didn't have fire last week or in the playoffs against SDSU or in the title game.

You want to know what....Brock was on some of the best teams in NDSU history, this team isn't close and Carson is being asked to do way more than any QB we've had. Also last time I checked CW doesn't play defense.

I am huge Brock fan and he was great at leading the team but he was leading a very talented and well coached team.

Not to get in a pissing match, but Jensen has the intensity to will his team to follow and win. I am not bagging on Carson, but in the "intangibles" Brock crushes him.
I cant blame the D soley, the O sucked ass for 3 quarters. A lot of that is on CW.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 02:11 AM
Not to get in a pissing match, but Jensen has the intensity to will his team to follow and win. I am not bagging on Carson, but in the "intangibles" Brock crushes him.
I cant blame the D soley, the O sucked ass for 3 quarters. A lot of that is on CW.

what? 10char

Bison56
10-18-2015, 02:11 AM

I blame the play calling sure they didn't rip off a long run but I thought King and company was running well today.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:12 AM
what? 10char

Ask an intelligent question and you will get an answer. I cant read minds yet.

WestDakotaBison
10-18-2015, 02:12 AM

Sent from my iPhone.

I didn't say we did. Just simply was trying to point out that they were not the best crew to visit the Dome in recent memory. Without that mystery face mask call that field goal is a bit tougher to make. We maybe go to overtime and have one more chance to win. Could have, should have, would have. Just giving my insight.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:13 AM
I blame the play calling sure they didn't rip off a long run but I thought King and company was running well today.

I gotta disagree. NDSU should be power run, today we are not. We cant drive just on running like we used to.

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 02:14 AM
Ah, the D behind Jensen's days were f-ing rock solid. 2015 is good but not great.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 02:15 AM
heh. i thought the officials were fine. didn't really notice any bad calls either way other than a missed block in the back

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:15 AM
I didn't say we did. Just simply was trying to point out that they were not the best crew to visit the Dome in recent memory. Without that mystery face mask call that field goal is a bit tougher to make. We maybe go to overtime and have one more chance to win. Could have, should have, would have. Just giving my insight.

Ok, here is the deal... The refs sucked. We as a 4-peat championship team (and fans) have to be better than that though. We got beat.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:16 AM
Ah, the D behind Jensen's days were f-ing rock solid. 2015 is good but not great.

Its true, but Jensen always seemed to get it done on O. Players rallied behind him and it was incredible to watch.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2015, 02:16 AM

CW was alright today, he is the QB and leader of the team so obviously he will take the blame and from what I saw he did. But really he wasn't much of the problem today.

As for Brock, again the teams he were on were uber talented. So many playmakers on both sides of the ball, right now I am really scratching my head at finding a lot of those guys on defense. I haven't touched on the OL but the rams were lambs today.

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 02:19 AM
Its true, but Jensen always seemed to get it done on O.
OK but totally different teams and strategy. Coach P is too cute. Results are bearing that out. In all honesty how the f do you change the o philosophy that got us here? Bottom line if you change something it better work. He owns it.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:20 AM
CW was alright today, he is the QB and leader of the team so obviously he will take the blame and from what I saw he did. But really he wasn't much of the problem today.

As for Brock, again the teams he were on were uber talented. So many playmakers on both sides of the ball, right now I am really scratching my head at finding a lot of those guys on defense. I haven't touched on the OL but the rams were lambs today.

Im just sayin that I didnt see the "fire" in the O or D like I used to when Brock was on the sidelines.
Im not sure why, but something in the lockerroom seems to be fucked.

natstar1
10-18-2015, 02:20 AM

Do you know what intangibles Brock had that Carson doesn't?
They're called Billy Turner, Grant Olson, Travis Beck, Carlton Littlejohn, Kyle Emanuel, John Crockett, Sam Ojuri, Marcus Williams.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:22 AM
Do you know what intangibles Brock had that Carson doesn't?
They're called Billy Turner, Grant Olson, Travis Beck, Carlton Littlejohn, Kyle Emanuel, John Crockett, Sam Ojuri, Marcus Williams.

Hard to argue with that.

Bison56
10-18-2015, 02:23 AM
To sum it up imo the O can't run and the D can't stop it.

SDbison
10-18-2015, 02:23 AM
Coach P needs to rethink his suck ass game plan.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:24 AM
To sum it up imo the O can't run and the D can't stop it.

Fuckin a cotton, fuckin a.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 02:25 AM
Here come the excuses!!

What happened to the "we reload" not "rebuild" deal that most of you proclaim?

Sent from my iPhone.

bisonmike2
10-18-2015, 02:25 AM
I'll try not to overreact but this one stings and it feels like the end of something bigger. Sucks because this season is probably going to be a waste of the most talented QB in program history. It was a good run while it lasted but it looks like we are going to be an avg FCS team.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2015, 02:26 AM
Im just sayin that I didnt see the "fire" in the O or D like I used to when Brock was on the sidelines.
Im not sure why, but something in the lockerroom seems to be fucked.

Wasn't Brock the QB when we lost to MSU 3-0 in 2010? A flat game can happen to anyone....

reformedUNDfan
10-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Reallistically, it's 2010 again. A stack of talented players redshirting, a stack of talented reshirt-freshman and the sophomores. The offense should be better much though.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Here come the excuses!!

Sent from my iPhone.

We have the bullets, but the feed ramps are too short and the barrel is worn out.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:29 AM
Wasn't Brock the QB when we lost to MSU 3-0 in 2010? A flat game can happen to anyone....

And the Griz? Today was a terrible effort. Im not trying to agitate you or blame Carson. Today was the perfect storm of clusterfuck.
O, D and coaching blew.

Snowgoose
10-18-2015, 02:30 AM
Reallistically, it's 2010 again. A stack of talented players redshirting, a stack of talented reshirt-freshman and the sophomores. The offense should be better much though.

This year is not like 2010. We have an experienced offense that is not living up to par and I blame polasek. He has added his wrinkles and diminished the power run game and it will continue to hurt us. It was noticeable in the first game of the year and every game since. Also, the coaches need to make a change at Rb.

Bison 4 Life
10-18-2015, 02:30 AM

Exactly. Those other teams are looking upon us with a ton of schadenfreude and we're just feeding them. The sky is not falling.

BYZEN
10-18-2015, 02:31 AM
FWIW my observations from the end zone...
1. Wyle E. Coyote, aka Joe Glenn, out coached us on this one.
2. The officials did not call a good game.
Ie the PF for the helmet was bad, had his hand on the shoulder pad, never grabbed the helmet.
Early in the game they were letting lots of extra pushing and bumping go in the secondary but then when the game is on the line suddenly they start calling PI on us...:facepalm:
3. The captains have to take responsibility for not keeping the team focused and allowing them to slack off in practice during the week. It came back to bite them in the Ass.
4. Zone blocking is not for this OL. These guys were recruited for and taught power blocking...until last year when we started slipping in some of the RO.
5. If we are going to run a read option, our QB is going to have to pull the ball back and run it at times. Not easy to do when Glenn has stacked the box I realize but why didn't Wentz ever run it? Pucknut been telling him what us experts are saying??? Or was his ankle hurting, when he did try the draws he seemed slow getting to the line and the backers were filling by then. IMHO when a team stacks the box that is when the power blocking is needed or.....just follow the first 20 plays in the game, rinse, repeat. (When a team sells out against the run, throw it.)
6. DeLuca had a hell of a game, hands down the player of the game. Too bad he's the only one. The DE's did fairly good at turning most plays up field so the LB's and safeties could fill the gap but they missed so many arm tackles it was embarrassing. The second level looked a step slow...see #3!
Last. I hate to see the whole defense looking to the sidelines as the opponent is up to the ball. Against the no-huddle we call the D so late there's no time to shift and QBs with the dam RO can chew us up. I never liked a prevent the hurry up makes us vanilla.

For those who read this far, rant over.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/354173ad800133f25816e46d1c5e83df/tumblr_n9ym2zclpU1sky7ayo1_500.gif

BisManBison
10-18-2015, 02:33 AM
OK but totally different teams and strategy. Coach P is too cute. Results are bearing that out. In all honesty how the f do you change the o philosophy that got us here? Bottom line if you change something it better work. He owns it.

Klieman's hands are dirty too in this for letting him change the offense when our personal were recruited to run a different system. They are running a system to feature CW, but let's face it, our receiving corps is not built to fling it all over the place. We have a bunch of guys that are recruited to block on the outside as much as anything, they aren't guys who are going to take the top off a defense or consistently beat one on one coverage.

ZHerd
10-18-2015, 02:34 AM

Brock crushes Carson on intangibles? Uh huh...sure. You mean the intangibles that Wentz displayed in amazingly pulling out 2 playoff games, a championship game and against UNI last week. Intangibles that he has to work up more often than Brock did because Brock had the all time greatest FCS defense at his back...oh and Brock had a running game to work with. You mean Carson would single handedly lose a game for NDSU where the defense only allowed 3 points by throwing pick sixes? Both players had/have great intangibles. If you are going to vent at least put some thought into it

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:35 AM
Forgive me..... Is Carson looking too far ahead for his own good?
NFL hype? Vernon Adams syndrome? Just asking.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:36 AM
Brock crushes Carson on intangibles? Uh huh...sure. You mean the intangibles that Wentz displayed in amazingly pulling out 2 playoff games, a championship game and against UNI last week. Intangibles that he has to work up more often than Brock did because Brock had the all time greatest FCS defense at his back...oh and Brock had a running game to work with. You mean Carson would single handedly lose a game for NDSU where the defense only allowed 3 points by throwing pick sixes. Both players had/have great intangibles. If you are going to vent at least put some thought into it

Go back and look at Brocks highlights....... You totally missed the point though. Have another swig.

Professor Chaos
10-18-2015, 02:36 AM
Every lousy adjectives you want to throw out there is deserving of this game. I'll eat my crow for sticking up for the offense to this point this season. They came out after halftime and just laid down against a vastly inferior team that wanted it more than them. It's incredibly frustrating to see a team that you know is so much better than the opponent just get flat out beat. There's no denying that USD was the better team today and beat the Bison in every phase. I can only hope this Bison team bounces back. If not, all I can say is it was a hell of a run while it lasted.

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 02:37 AM
FWIW my observations from the end zone...
1. Wyle E. Coyote, aka Joe Glenn, out coached us on this one.
2. The officials did not call a good game.
Ie the PF for the helmet was bad, had his hand on the shoulder pad, never grabbed the helmet.
Early in the game they were letting lots of extra pushing and bumping go in the secondary but then when the game is on the line suddenly they start calling PI on us...:facepalm:
3. The captains have to take responsibility for not keeping the team focused and allowing them to slack off in practice during the week. It came back to bite them in the Ass.
4. Zone blocking is not for this OL. These guys were recruited for and taught power blocking...until last year when we started slipping in some of the RO.5. If we ar, oe going to ruur QB is goinn a read optiong to have to pull the ball back and run it at times. Not easy to do when Glenn has stacked the box I realize but why didn't Wentz ever run it? Pucknut been telling him what us experts are saying??? Or was his ankle hurting, when he did try the draws he seemed slow getting to the line and the backers were filling by then. IMHO when a team stacks the box that is when the power blocking is needed or.....just follow the first 20 plays in the game, rinse, repeat. (When a team sells out against the run, throw it.)

6. DeLuca had a hell of a game, hands down the player of the game. Too bad he's the only one. The DE's did fairly good at turning most plays up field so the LB's and safeties could fill the gap but they missed so many arm tackles it was embarrassing. The second level looked a step slow...see #3!
Last. I hate to see the whole defense looking to the sidelines as the opponent is up to the ball. Against the no-huddle we call the D so late there's no time to shift and QBs with the dam RO can chew us up. I never liked a prevent the hurry up makes us vanilla.

For those who read this far, rant over.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/354173ad800133f25816e46d1c5e83df/tumblr_n9ym2zclpU1sky7ayo1_500.gif

What makes you think the captains let them slide this week?
Ahhhh are you sure you meant for CW to actually hand the ball OFF. It seemed to me he called his own number more than not.

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 02:37 AM
No. Very grounded dude.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:38 AM
Every lousy adjectives you want to throw out there is deserving of this game. I'll eat my crow for sticking up for the offense to this point this season. They came out after halftime and just laid down against a vastly inferior team that wanted it more than them. It's incredibly frustrating to see a team that you know is so much better than the opponent just get flat out beat. There's no denying that USD was the better team today and beat the Bison in every phase. I can only hope this Bison team bounces back. If not, all I can say is it was a hell of a run while it lasted.
I think we all need to concede that we are on the downslide. Bohl or not, this team is not functioning very well.

bisonmike2
10-18-2015, 02:39 AM

Nope. Somebody swapped out is duanes with pizza hut. We had no chance today.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:39 AM
No. Very grounded dude.

I dont know him so thanks for your info. Nothing implied, just a question.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:40 AM
Nope. Somebody swapped out is duanes with pizza hut. We had no chance today.

Thats some shady shit.

HerdBoy
10-18-2015, 02:41 AM
To borrow a phrase from Coach Glenn, after a loss to Missouri State last year, the Bison today "looked like Coxey's army".

natstar1
10-18-2015, 02:45 AM

Probably worthy of a whole new thread, but it's a legit question. If you read the recruiting threads we have awesome class after awesome class. Are these kids not developed as well as with the previous coaching regime?

Bison bison
10-18-2015, 02:46 AM
mother f#cking read option.

Kevin
10-18-2015, 02:47 AM

Wentz's play was the least of our problems today.

NDSUSR
10-18-2015, 02:49 AM
Wentz's play was the least of our problems today.

I disagree. He missed (by a lot) several key passes.
Not a good game for him. If he is hurt play Stick.

ZHerd
10-18-2015, 02:51 AM
Probably worthy of a whole new thread, but it's a legit question. If you read the recruiting threads we have awesome class after awesome class. Are these kids not developed as well as with the previous coaching regime?

Menard looks like an all-American talent that would have fit well on the 11-13 teams...RJ and Shepherd as well. With everyone else it remains to be seen

BisoninNWMN
10-18-2015, 02:53 AM
[QUOTE=ZHerd;1050899]Menard looks like an all

DeLuca is rock solid in the middle IMO but PGT and Stumpf played horrible games. They seem like they are not in the right positions a lot.

Bison 4 Life
10-18-2015, 02:55 AM
I'm off Bisonville for a few days. Talk Trees on Tuesday.

You negative nancys are giving me headaches.

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 03:00 AM

Thank you. And for those who care Riley absolutely sucks. You can tell the players hate him, his profanity to the players is not acceptable, and IMO he has taught the players to do the patty cake shit they do in the Big Fluffy. He is a major reason the Bison Offense sucks.

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 03:04 AM

So about 320 yds of offense from a unit everyone on here said had to carry a young defense is okay with you? The offense has had two opportunities to win games by running out the clock but went three and out both times. Both losses and total failure and you think the defense needs work? Wow...

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Thank you. And for those who care Riley absolutely sucks. You can tell the players hate him, his profanity to the players is not acceptable, and IMO he has taught the players to do the patty cake shit they do in the Big Fluffy. He is a major reason the Bison Offense sucks.
Wtf? Patty cake blocking is the zone read blocking BS am I wrong? If that is the case that is on the oc and HC. No f-ing way in hell does an o-line coach make that long term decision.

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorthernBison
10-18-2015, 03:15 AM
Yes, this is a bad loss. We really can't afford to drop any more games.

It's reasonable to expect this defense to get better. Still pretty green in spots.

The offense needs to find consistency. CW was dinged up. Hip pointer??? If true, it highlights the only real concern I have about his play. He's tough as nails but performance drops a lot when he's not 100%. More than it should? I don't know. Just a thought.

Those who advocate a ground and pound slug it out offense are ignoring our defensive deficiencies. You can't do that without a defense that locks down the opposition. Right now, we don't have that.

Faith guys. We have a huge upside.

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 03:15 AM

Our safeties are very poor as are the OLB. PGT is completely lost out there and if you doubt that look at the stats. Plus in this game he had a bead on the QB when he was scrambling and looked as if he was an 80 year old man trying to tackle. He hasxbeen a no show this year and MJ gets tackles but well down field. I have never been convinced Entz is worth a shit and I still have not seen evidence to reverse those thoughts.

BisoninNWMN
10-18-2015, 03:19 AM
Yes, this is a bad loss. We really can't afford to drop any more games.

It's reasonable to expect this defense to get better. Still pretty green in spots.

The offense needs to find consistency. CW was dinged up. Hip pointer??? If true, it highlights the only real concern I have about his play. He's tough as nails but performance drops a lot when he's not 100%. More than it should? I don't know. Just a thought.

Those who advocate a ground and pound slug it out offense are ignoring our defensive deficiencies. You can't do that without a defense that locks down the opposition. Right now, we don't have that.

Faith guys. We have a huge upside.

Ya, I have to agree with this.

We are all pissed right now but this is a good post!

Man, losing like this sucks...:ranting:

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 03:20 AM
Another one. Why does a SR field a punt inside the 10. I could understand if it's Deion Sanders but that's basic fb shit right there.

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 03:23 AM

Yes, when he was a fucking freshman, and not a senior, and had been rotating with another QB all season. What's your point?

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 03:26 AM
Yes, when he was a fucking freshman, and not a senior, and had been rotating with another QB all season. What's your point?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone.

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 03:28 AM
Another one. Why does a SR field a punt inside the 10. I could understand if it's Deion Sanders but that's basic fb shit right there.

Yep!!!!!!!!

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 03:30 AM

All that shit is just that, shit. No one has any idea how a kid will play in college. Board and PGT are great examples. Most on here thought they were the second coming of Jesus when they signed. Coming into this game they were averaging 3 tackles a game collectively. Color me unimpressed. So you can throw those thoughts out the window.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2015, 03:32 AM

My point was even the great one was part of the mother of all flat games.

Honestly there were more offensive flat games where the defense saved the day. Don't get me wrong, I love Brock but the poster I was responding to was spewing ridiculous BS.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 03:32 AM
All these kids aren't developing well?
Carson is looking ahead to the NFL?
The coaches aren't doing their job developing talent?
We aren't reloading, we're rebuilding?
We'll be lucky to make the playoffs?
etc...

Holy shit, when did the NDSU fanbase get so f'n stupid?

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 03:35 AM
My point was even the great one was part of the mother of all flat games.

BS.

And my point was your analogy is bullshit. Comparing a freshman to a senior? Give me a break.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2015, 03:38 AM
And my point was your analogy is bullshit. Comparing a freshman to a senior? Give me a break.

He had other flat games, so his freshman game doesn't matter. Whatever. CW/the offense can't have a flat game with this defense.

BisoninNWMN
10-18-2015, 03:38 AM
Time for bed.

Tomorrow will be better...right?

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 03:43 AM

We seem to have lost an edge some where. Couple that with the other teams recruiting better players and developing them and you have what you have.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 03:45 AM
He had other flat games, so his freshman game doesn't matter. Whatever. CW/the offense can't have a flat game with this defense.

I believe this home loss broke some sort of streak. The last home loss was against the blue team that's in our conference. I believe the beloved Brock Jensen single handily lost the game for NDSU with 3 interceptions, 2 returned for TD's, or something of that nature. After that game people were saying Carson Wentz should be starter because he was better and Brock was bad. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Brock went on to win something like 2 more national championships.

To the general Bison fanbase, let's not get f'n stupid because of one extremely ugly, bad, disappointing loss. Let's go ahead and be pissed, but let's not get f'n stupid about the whole thing.

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 03:45 AM
All these kids aren't developing well?
Carson is looking ahead to the NFL?
The coaches aren't doing their job developing talent?
We aren't reloading, we're rebuilding?
We'll be lucky to make the playoffs?
etc...

Holy shit, when did the NDSU fanbase get so f'n stupid?

May be some of this stuff is a bit overboard. But there has been red flags popping up since the first game.

MAKBison
10-18-2015, 03:46 AM
We seem to have lost an edge some where. Couple that with the other teams recruiting better players and developing them and you have what you have.

It's hard to tell from the stands, but I just don't see enough players taking a true leadership role.

56BISON73
10-18-2015, 03:48 AM
It's hard to tell from the stands, but I just don't see enough players taking a true leadership role.

Not a lot of emotion either.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2015, 03:48 AM
It's hard to tell from the stands, but I just don't see enough of players taking a true leadership role.

This is especially true defensively, we have talent but at times the defense just seems lost.

bisonmike2
10-18-2015, 03:49 AM
ISUR just got handed the valley championship nice red bow on it. If usd's read option can kill us like this can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to play those guys this year?

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 03:51 AM
May be some of this stuff is a bit overboard. But there has been red flags popping up since the first game.

I don't think red flags. People have said it will be an interesting year. It is. I don't understand when all of a sudden it is, people panic. You said it before the year, why are you panicking (not you per say, just generally speaking).

If something is a pattern, IMO it's a red flag. The only thing I see happening with that is NDSU's ability to overrun opponents with the power game. Big deal. We have a hella good QB. He isn't perfect. He's been good enough, and he is good enough to overcompensate with that. Our run game is still effective. It isn't going to be overly dominant every single year. This happens to be one of those years. NDSU is still capable of winning every game from here on out. They probably won't. But they are just as capable as any other team in FCS.

We just came off 3 really good-impressive victories. The fact that they lost in the way they did today, to South Dakota, to a team they would beat 99% of the team sucks and is embarrassing. On the flip side if this was SDSU or UNI than people are saying we're just not flat out good enough this year. Do people honestly believe that, after we have beaten some of the top 10 opponents like how we did?

KilldeerBison
10-18-2015, 03:51 AM
U G L Y, we ain't got no alibi, that was ugly!

MAKBison
10-18-2015, 03:54 AM
ISUR just got handed the valley championship nice red bow on it. If usd's read option can kill us like this can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to play those guys this year?

Funny how sdsu is our best buddy all of a sudden.....need them to beat isu

Btw....nice to see absolutely no tweets coming from our players. I wonder if they know or if it has sunk in yet, just how bad they just shit themselves. .....same for the coaches. We are too good a team embarrass ourselves like that..... gut check time are you chumps or champs. We will see!!!

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 04:02 AM
[QUOTE=silkamilkamonico;1050940]I don't think red flags. People have said it will be an interesting year. It is. I don't understand when all of a sudden it is, people panic. You said it before the year, why are you panicking (not you per say, just generally speaking).

If something is a pattern, IMO it's a red flag. The only thing I see happening with that is NDSU's ability to overrun opponents with the power game. Big deal. We have a hella good QB. He isn't perfect. He's been good enough, and he is good enough to overcompensate with that. Our run game is still effective. It isn't going to be overly dominant every single year. This happens to be one of those years. NDSU is still capable of winning every game from here on out. They probably won't. But they are just as capable as any other team in FCS.

We just came off 3 really good-impressive victories. The fact that they lost in the way they did today, to South Dakota, to a team they would beat 99% of the team sucks and is embarrassing. On the flip side if this was SDSU or UNI than people are saying we're just not flat out good enough this year. Do people honestly believe that, after we have beaten some of the top 10 opponents like how we did?[/QUOTEs]

Well, I would suggest it is a red flag because the Bison got beat by a shit team and the offense that was supposed to be superlative is severely under-performing. If you think putting up 21 pts against a shit team with multiple three and outs along with a profoundly shitty second half performance in every single second half of every fucking game isn't a "red flag", than it is inconceivable what level of shit play by this team would qualify.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 04:14 AM
[QUOTE=silkamilkamonico;1050940]I don't think red flags. People have said it will be an interesting year. It is. I don't understand when all of a sudden it is, people panic. You said it before the year, why are you panicking (not you per say, just generally speaking).

We just came off 3 really good-impressive victories. The fact that they lost in the way they did today, to South Dakota, to a team they would beat 99% of the team sucks and is embarrassing. On the flip side if this was SDSU or UNI than people are saying we're just not flat out good enough this year. Do people honestly believe that, after we have beaten some of the top 10 opponents like how we did?[/QUOTEs]

Well, I would suggest it is a red flag because the Bison got beat by a shit team and the offense that was supposed to be superlative is severely under-performing. If you think putting up 21 pts against a shit team with multiple three and outs along with a profoundly shitty second half performance in every single second half of every fucking game isn't a "red flag", than it is inconceivable what level of shit play by this team would qualify.

How many shit teams have beat the Bison this year to establish it a pattern? Putting up 21 points against a shit team at home sucks and is embarrasing. Yes. Where's the pattern in that? We dropped 40+ on a Weber St team that is not as bad as everyone thought, in terms of Big Sky conference. We dropped 34 on UND in the 3 quarters they decided to actually try. WE pumped a very good SDSU team with 28 on the road and had an outstanding defensive effort. We scored 31 against UNI which is a team we usually struggle with.

I laugh at Alabama fans who call into their radio station because Saban isn't Godly perfect and win every game in the SEC against top 15+ opponents by 30 points and drop 40 on teams like LSU. This is eerily similar. Our offense isn't perfect. It has holes. It still averages something like 34+ points a game. Maybe I need to start laughing at NDSU fans because they actually are expecting the offense to average 50+ every game. Because that's what would happen if NDSU's offense all of a sudden had a dominant run game, and attacked successfully all 4 quarters.

The game against USD was an embarrassment. The team and the program aren't all of a sudden an embarrassment. It's games like this that make me grateful for us NOT being in FBS, where shit actually gets hard week in and out and I wouldn't have to listen to the constant crying of how bad our 8+ win program year in and out (which we would probably be), sucks.

Kujava23
10-18-2015, 04:25 AM
I had a feeling on the way to the game today---TRAP game after having 3 emotional games. I was worried about being FLAT; also as a coach its a kiss of death when succeed early in game as guys lose focus and think its OVER---EASY WIN----and thats how it looked to me...

After 1st quarter, it looked like everyone wasn't interested in playing football anymore; from OFFENSE to DEFENSE to COACHING----Coyotes are not a good team but hell--when you can't RUN the BALL or STOP THE RUN---it just shows you won't beat less talented teams

also served a WAKE THE FXXX UP CALL----If you don't play with enthusiasm, pride, and play hard---don't bother stepping on the field!!! WE EXPECT MORE as BISONATION FANS!!

I felt embarrassed of the effort and execution---i realized we were going to lose after they reversed the Bonnet catch/drop---there was no sense of urgency----i just sat back quiet and waited for the shit to happen----felt terrible---missed fg...poor tackling....poor blocking...poor running....poor passing...NO URGENCY to STEP UP!! How the hell do you go 3 and out after giving up a tying touchdown in your house????

BEST CASE----was JUST ONE GAME----and can correct issues

WORST CASE---back to back games AT HOME where defense couldn't stop the run AND our "GREAT" OL couldn't run the ball-

Bison get back to work and FOCUS as prepare for the Sycamores

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 04:28 AM
We've lost to arguably the two worse teams on our schedule in 6 games and we were rated as beating them by +14. Pathetic.

Our D in general, sucks, and our O sucks as a result of a very poor OC.

Sent from my iPhone.

BisonNeil
10-18-2015, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=BisonNeil;1050945]

How many shit teams have beat the Bison this year to establish it a pattern? Putting up 21 points against a shit team at home sucks and is embarrasing. Yes. Where's the pattern in that? We dropped 40+ on a Weber St team that is not as bad as everyone thought, in terms of Big Sky conference. We dropped 34 on UND in the 3 quarters they decided to actually try. WE pumped a very good SDSU team with 28 on the road and had an outstanding defensive effort. We scored 31 against UNI which is a team we usually struggle with.

I laugh at Alabama fans who call into their radio station because Saban isn't Godly perfect and win every game in the SEC against top 15+ opponents by 30 points and drop 40 on teams like LSU. This is eerily similar. Our offense isn't perfect. It has holes. It still averages something like 34+ points a game. Maybe I need to start laughing at NDSU fans because they actually are expecting the offense to average 50+ every game. Because that's what would happen if NDSU's offense all of a sudden had a dominant run game, and attacked successfully all 4 quarters.

The game against USD was an embarrassment. The team and the program aren't all of a sudden an embarrassment. It's games like this that make me grateful for us NOT being in FBS, where shit actually gets hard week in and out and I wouldn't have to listen to the constant crying of how bad our 8+ win program year in and out (which we would probably be), sucks.

Seriously! You can't see a pattern? The lack of third down conversion efficiency by the offense throughout the season is not a pattern? The lack of scoring in the second half in every game is not a pattern? The inability to consistently run between the tackles all season is not a pattern? Take off the rose-colored glasses, it might help you see more clearly.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 04:31 AM
the shitty part is we had 0 turnovers. they had 2

HoopsBison
10-18-2015, 04:35 AM
Oh boy are there some hot takes on BV tonight...Man this place sucks after losses.

Son of a Bison
10-18-2015, 04:52 AM
We are 0-2 in games decided in last 10 seconds of the game this year. 1-2 (miraculously) for games decided in last minute. We should not be in this position.

SDbison
10-18-2015, 04:55 AM
Bison this year..........over-rated!

NDSUBowler
10-18-2015, 05:03 AM
To bring a smile when we are all so down...

Our old friend Jamal Spencer is making national headlines for the wrong reasons. I love Jamal and I hope he is able to laugh through this one..

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/local-news-delivers-entire-report-on-michigan-beating-m-1737161749?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

SDbison
10-18-2015, 05:04 AM
Oh boy are there some hot takes on BV tonight...Man this place sucks after losses. ok dreamer.....live in your fantasy world.....the rest of us saw a Bison team that really sucked this afternoon.

Dstahn
10-18-2015, 05:34 AM
I think the biggest issue with the line is penalties. How many big runs out big plays have been called back because of holding in the back side of the play.

Also I know Wentz is supposed to be in God mode but how many times are we going to begin a drive with a pass that is incomplete run the ball for 4 or 5 and end up with a midrange 3rd down. A lot of out successful drives start with the run because then another run out short dump pass work better...

I love the wheel route we ran in the last couple of games and it has seemed to work. Did we try that at all today. Honestly asking because I didn't notice it.

Dstahn
10-18-2015, 05:39 AM
Oh one other question... Is there a reason we haven't used the fullback draw? I thought it have a great change of pace to our offense. Is it because bonnet is no longer our fullback?

FargoBorne
10-18-2015, 05:46 AM
So the team was flat. But why was tailgating flat too? Or the crowd? Seems everyone went into this game with zero enthusiasm.

Sometimes the fans end to get the players pumped after a big game. It didn't happen but you thought it wouldn't be needed.

EightyfourBison
10-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Here is the real reason we lost.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/10/16/154592834/blue-jays-need-to-overcome-taylor-swift-curse-to-get-to-the-world-series

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Gonna need to watch replay, but last drive when USD came out in their jumbo package, how many dbacks did we have out there?

bisonmike2
10-18-2015, 11:08 AM
There has been a lot of times this year where we have looked confused or unprepared. A lack of situational awareness. The failing to snap the ball quickly after a controversial play. Fielding the punt inside the 10, burning a timeout when they go for 2. The players should know better but it's also the coaches job to drill that into them. That's concerning to me.

JMB
10-18-2015, 11:15 AM
I watched the game last night after I got home from a short vacation. Some thoughts....
1. I agree we gave lost an identity. We used to be a team that dominated second halves, and held the ball. I think that had a huge effect on games because other teams knew they had limited chances to score in the second half which caused them to abandon the run and become one dimensional. Then the defense pinned the ears back and went after them...
2. Our running game seems to never get open in the second level. Linebackers seem to be filling hard.
3. Additionally we may not have the personnel to run the three wide set. If the other teams can stay in their base defense and cover the slot with a LB, that probably hutlrts our running game.

It seems to me our offense is morphing into something similar to what everyone else runs.

Defense. Well my suspicion is we will have lots of opportunities to stop the read option the rest of the year, because we will see it every week. I watched yesterday's gsme thinking... where are the safeties?

JMB
10-18-2015, 11:26 AM
There is one very specific complaint as well. Klieman ' s use of timeouts at the end of the game. When USD got to around the 25 with about a 1 min left. He needs to use those time outs. Granted in this case it didn't matter because USD got another first down, but you have to try to leave yourself some time.

MNLonghorn10
10-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Here is the real reason we lost.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/10/16/154592834/blue-jays-need-to-overcome-taylor-swift-curse-to-get-to-the-world-series

My freaking mom told me about this. I told her its USD week...there isnt a chance in hell they lose to freakin USD.

yesterday I left the fargodome like

http://replygif.net/i/1342.gif

G_Funky
10-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Coach P needs to rethink his suck ass game plan.

Polasek's philosophy isn't going anywhere...the offense's lack of identity isn't going anywhere...there a bunch of coaches on this staff who's experience stem from coaching in a spread offense. They don't understand power football - you can see it with the execution up front. The double teams are soft and ineffective, the pulling is lethargic, and cutting up front seems to be non existent.

My belief Is that all stems from running inside and outside zone...playing finesse football up front doesn't wear the other team out..it just makes you soft...vertical push, punishing pulls, and dicing people backside and on the edge are how you break a defenses sword,

It's like we line up in double tight and 2 backs just to please the masses even tho we run fuggin inside zone against a stacked box...there aren't going to be running lanes on a zone play when the offense can't block it well and they're out numbered. Running power and g (to the field not the fricking boundary) is how you establish a run game against a stacked box..

1998braves64
10-18-2015, 12:35 PM
On the overturned calls it was mentioned NDSU went into it like there was no chance of being overturned on the bison rewind. Do we not have a "red alert" play to run in under 15 seconds where basically you're running a simple play just so the previous play isn't reviewed? The Bonnet noncatch comes to mind. That could have been a huge score if we could have continued (maybe wouldn't have the way we played but that drive did semi ok until that point) and put up 7 as that would have made it 28-14 I believe.

Regardless everything was flat fans players etc. I think it goes to show there needs to be a catalyst to pump you up, have to wonder if they're missing Taz (Crockett) who I had to believe was a guy that got people riled up in the locker room before games and at halftime or anytime. Someone who seemed to have endless energy. Does playing 4 home games out of the first 6 make a difference too?? We are all human and not robots.

The officials were terrible and I think that removing of the opponents helmet call was a bit odd (never heard that called prior to yesterday?) especially that part of the game where players are just trying to make a play and he didn't do it with malicious intent, some of it was caused by the QB trying to twist his way out for more yardage. If I remember right wasn't the result of that play going to put them in 3rd and medium or even long? Not that seemed to matter yesterday when USD converted 63% of 3rd downs.

That said the game yesterday reeked of no focus, fans included (myself too). I think we all looked at it as a automatic W and treated it as such. So bisonnation I apologize for my lack of effort. Good job by a small group of fans in section 21 just behind CAS that put their all into it even when things started downhill.

The 3 peat team had many flat games too. ISUb, YSU, UNI (remember we had to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the 4th quarter to preserve an unbeaten season??) there are probably a few others. We are not going to have a team like those every year. So when we come out flat we're at risk of putting one up in the L column. The championship teams take these loses and turn them into wins thru most of the season. I looked at this team and figured 9-2 was a legitimate record, but now they've used up the 2 loses the rest of the games are winnable, might not be easy though. So bison nation get on your feet the march is on!!!

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BisoninNWMN
10-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Polasek's philosophy isn't going anywhere...the offense's lack of identity isn't going anywhere...there a bunch of coaches on this staff who's experience stem from coaching in a spread offense. They don't understand power football - you can see it with the execution up front. The double teams are soft and ineffective, the pulling is lethargic, and cutting up front seems to be non existent.

My belief Is that all stems from running inside and outside zone...playing finesse football up front doesn't wear the other team out..it just makes you soft...vertical push, punishing pulls, and dicing people backside and on the edge are how you break a defenses sword,

It's like we line up in double tight and 2 backs just to please the masses even tho we run fuggin inside zone against a stacked box...there aren't going to be running lanes on a zone play when the offense can't block it well and they're out numbered. Running power and g (to the field not the fricking boundary) is how you establish a run game against a stacked box..

Good assessment with this. Whatever it is, this read option running and zone blocking is not getting it done in the run game.

Plus our OLB play was horrible today. PGT should be benched after watching the replay. Or maybe he is the best option.

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Pretty telling when the first two guys interviewed are grimsley and Bruce, both talked about practice being unfocused and no effort
Why the fuck are true FR talking to the media ever?

02Bison
10-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Team is lethargic and doesn't look like they want it more than the opponent. That is the bottom line.

BisoninNWMN
10-18-2015, 12:51 PM
My freaking mom told me about this. I told her its USD week...there isnt a chance in hell they lose to freakin USD.

http://replygif.net/i/1342.gif
yesterday I left the fargodome like

Exactly!!!!

G_Funky
10-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Darrius Anderson?? Kid had 2 touches and both resulted in big yards.

1st&TennBison
10-18-2015, 12:59 PM

Sent from my iPhone.
We lost because of bad play calling and poor play. First two series we were spot on, then, everything just seemed to stop. Failure of the coaching staff to make adjustments. The coaching staff needs to get a fire in them and start lighting a fire under the players to inspire them. To many missed tackles and assignments. For all I know CW might be changing plays at the line that are poor choices, you saw CW get to make the play calls on the 3rd series (a three and out)according to the announcers and right after that it was like we jumped off a cliff. The defense is young and I get that, but the offense is experienced. We are suppose to have one of the best offenses ever for NDSU and they really are hurting. NFL QB, RBs so good they can't pick a starter, best O-line possibly ever, and experienced receivers, all of who are great individuals but seem to be lacking as a cohesive unit. The offense needs to outscore teams until our defense gets up to speed in order to win games.

Snowgoose
10-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Darrius Anderson?? Kid had 2 touches and both resulted in big yards.

Agreed and the same thing happened the previous game. I am not sure why they don't try him a little more as he at least makes some people miss. I feel like our coaches are ruining our once great running game by modifying it to less power and more read option/runs out of the shotgun. This has been evident since the first game of the year. I also feel like they are stubborn with our Rb. It just seems obvious to the naked eye that Frazier and mo flock are not getting it done and it has been that way since game one as well even though there has been a few decent plays here or there.

Snowgoose
10-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Lots of people blaming the defense and I know they struggled but how does a team win the turnover battle by two to a supposedly much inferior team and still get beat. Should never happen. Signs that our supposed power house offense is actually pretty weak and I place blame on polasek and it is started to move to kleiman.

westnodak93bison
10-18-2015, 01:30 PM
To make an analogy the big picture reminds me of the old successful conservative farmer that handed the farm over to the know it all kid who ends up losing the farm. He had to reinvent the wheel.

gizmo
10-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Letdowns after big wins seem to be expected these days but they cannot be accepted. When you are 40 points better than your opponent you had damn well better beat them by 40!

unbison
10-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Chris board had some nice plays from safety against the run yesterday and was close to intercepting one at his shoe laces...
Im unsure but 11 tackles seems like to many for our safety to have... Is it as simple as our young linebackers need to get better at shedding blocks?

tjbison
10-18-2015, 01:55 PM
my usd post game thought

we really dropped the ball...road playoff games......wait we have to win another game forst

NorthernBison
10-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Two weeks in a row where I watched a Bison defense that I KNEW couldn't stop the opponent. That hasn't happened for me since probably 2009.

The best defense that stepped on the field yesterday was wearing white and it wasn't close.

For what it's worth, there should be no surprise because at least 6 of the players we are counting on are multiple year backups or Freshmen.

That's not the recipe for a GREAT defense like we've come to expect.

Defense wins Championships is a cliche that has proven true. It's no less true today.

NorthernBison
10-18-2015, 02:01 PM
Chris board had some nice plays from safety against the run yesterday and was close to intercepting one at his shoe laces...
Im unsure but 11 tackles seems like to many for our safety to have... Is it as simple as our young linebackers need to get better at shedding blocks?

Our "young" linebackers are all Juniors. Inexperienced in game situations maybe but all 4th year players.

pucknut9
10-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Pretty simple in my mind and it's a phrase I used all the time when I coached high school hockey. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. USD simply outworked the more talented Bison. We shall see how the team answers next Saturday.

BisManBison
10-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Pretty simple in my mind and it's a phrase I used all the time when I coached high school hockey. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. USD simply outworked the more talented Bison. We shall see how the team answers next Saturday.

Exactly! South Dakota used the same formula we use to beat FBS schools.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Here's one of my thoughts: Do we have a true leader on either side of the ball? Someone who can gather up the O or D players and say without being scorned: "This is BS and it's time to get our shit together"?

Sent from my iPhone.

kab1one
10-18-2015, 02:13 PM
What does this do for playoff home games? With two losses top four seed at best means semis on road versus Fargodome.

Another loss would means quarter and semi on road with chance of no byes.

stevdock
10-18-2015, 02:14 PM

Plus throw in that we were flat out out-coached and you're 100% spot on. USD attacked our weaknesses when they were on offense. When we were on offense in the 2nd quarter especially, we watched too much of the USD-WIU game where it seemed like WIU just threw the ball up and their WR's would come down with it.

Also people these guys are 18-23 year olds, they are going to have games like this. Every team out there has games like this. In the past we've flipped the switch early enough to pull out the win. We'll see what kind of team we have based on their response to this game. I personally think they will get it figured out.

pucknut9
10-18-2015, 02:18 PM

Absolutely not. I can tell you whole heartedly he does not listen to any of the hype. He wants one thing and one thing only. One for the thumb. He will and is taking a lot of blame for the turd of a game they had yesterday. But no he is not looking past this season or in this case the next game.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 02:18 PM
I think we are starting to see the downturn in our program that fans from other schools warned us about when peeps here went to their boards and proclaimed us King of the World.

Sent from my iPhone.

BYZEN
10-18-2015, 02:19 PM
What makes you think the captains let them slide this week?
Ahhhh are you sure you meant for CW to actually hand the ball OFF. It seemed to me he called his own number more than not.

Not a lot of emotion either.

PL, you know better, who's responsible for keeping the teammates focused and the energy high? If it's not the captains than WTF do we have them for???:facepalm2: Coaches aren't with the players in the dorms, classrooms, cafeteria. You admit that you see a problem, trolled me though, nice job.:biggrin:

phxbison
10-18-2015, 02:26 PM
I believe this home loss broke some sort of streak. The last home loss was against the blue team that's in our conference. I believe the beloved Brock Jensen single handily lost the game for NDSU with 3 interceptions, 2 re1turned for TD's, or something of that nature. After that game people were saying Carson Wentz should be starter because he was better and Brock was bad. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Brock went on to win something like 2 more national championships.

To the general Bison fanbase, let's not get f'n stupid because of one extremely ugly, bad, disappointing loss. Let's go ahead and be pissed, but let's not get f'n stupid about the whole thing.

Completely agree ! It's funny reading these post's. At least every possible scenario has been covered on who's fault this loss should be attributed to. If you took part of every post you would have the answer. And that is; everybody from players to coaches has some responsibility for the loss !

HoopsBison
10-18-2015, 02:45 PM
ok dreamer.....live in your fantasy world.....the rest of us saw a Bison team that really sucked this afternoon.
They did suck and got outplayed badly...that's going to happen every now and then. Definitely some things to be concerned about but some of these takes act like the sky is falling.

It's amazing how the tune of this place changes week to week. Again losing sucks.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Starting to look like a 7-4 season to me. We have difficult road games ahead of us. I think many here will be happy the playoffs were expanded now.

Sent from my iPhone.

BYZEN
10-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Here's one of my thoughts: Do we have a true leader on either side of the ball? Someone who can gather up the O or D players and say without being scorned: "This is BS and it's time to get our shit together"?

Sent from my iPhone.

This ^^^^^^

gizmo
10-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Every time the opposition goes into no-huddle hurry up offense the Bison D goes into complete disarray. Both losses and the near loss to UNI were directly attributable to that tactic by the other team. After USD's successful up-tempo drive all they had to do was line up no huddle occasionally to send us scrambling again. That was great strategy on the opposition's part and until the Bison figure out how to deal with it we will struggle every game.

DM05
10-18-2015, 03:11 PM
1. OL is playing with no emotion or mean streak at all, and is completely different from 2011-2013.
2. Polasek has gotten way too cute and changed the identity of the offense.
3. 1st quarter offense was rolling. Seemed like in the second quarter we thought it was over, got sloppy, and couldn't flip the switch back on in the second half.
4. Crowd was actually pretty loud all game.
5. Pick a RB and go with him for the entire series. Quit sending someone new out every play.

Bottom line: We were up 14, had the chance to put a knee on their throat but for some reason didn't. A huge underdog gained confidence as they hung around, got some big plays to get back in it, and in the fourth quarter they beat us in every facet of the game.

I'd be very happy if Polasek left after this season. His horseshit offense just gained 56 yards in the second half against the second worst team in the conference. He seems like an arrogant prick that wanted to change things to make his mark and show he could do it. Absolutely hate the read-option. We should be running power, and using play action off of that. We have gone entirely away from the play action pass out of power formations, and people are wondering why our TE's haven't had many catches. The defense needs to improve, sure, but our offense is way too experienced to play like this. I blame the OC, and HC for letting him change what worked.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Gotta wonder whether all of the "packages" with a different set of backs and receivers isn't providing an easy read and or adjustment for opponents. In comes a "package" run a play and out goes that package and in comes another to run what they are good at. Pretty soon the D coordinators know what to look for when a certain package is going in. CK even said each of our backs are unique in what they bring on field. Not too hard to figure out what we are gonna run if each is brought in to run plays designed for their individual uniqueness.

Sent from my iPhone.

ByeSonBusiness
10-18-2015, 03:19 PM
What happened to this team? I don't get into the whole recruiting thing because to me it feels like a waste of time. NDSU could sign a 140 lb linebacker from Mandan and people here would pimp the shit out of it.

This team is painful to watch. They lost to USD. To those who have blamed the officials, why was this game not over by halftime. This team is going to be really awful next year if they keep this mentality on offense.

CAS4127
10-18-2015, 03:25 PM
1. OL is playing with no emotion or mean streak at all, and is completely different from 2011-2013.
2. Polasek has gotten way too cute and changed the identity of the offense.
3. 1st quarter offense was rolling. Seemed like in the second quarter we thought it was over, got sloppy, and couldn't flip the switch back on in the second half.
4. Crowd was actually pretty loud all game.
5. Pick a RB and go with him for the entire series. Quit sending someone new out every play.

Bottom line: We were up 14, had the chance to put a knee on their throat but for some reason didn't. A huge underdog gained confidence as they hung around, got some big plays to get back in it, and in the fourth quarter they beat us in every facet of the game.

I'd be very happy if Polasek left after this season. His horseshit offense just gained 56 yards in the second half against the second worst team in the conference. He seems like an arrogant prick that wanted to change things to make his mark and show he could do it. Absolutely hate the read-option. We should be running power, and using play action off of that. We have gone entirely away from the play action pass out of power formations, and people are wondering why our TE's haven't had many catches. The defense needs to improve, sure, but our offense is way too experienced to play like this. I blame the OC, and HC for letting him change what worked.

Agreed. TP has made things way too effing complicated IMO. And our D is overthinking.

Also, having sat right down by the field yesterday and can now state confidently that our entire team is not playing physical. Lots of leaning on O and arm tackling on D. This a big reason we aren't wearing anyone down. His someone for cripes sake.

Sent from my iPhone.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-18-2015, 03:44 PM
This might be the best post I've read regarding this game. The bison looked like they had no interest in playing yesterday. There was no fire from the defense until the last drive of the game and by that point it was too late, especially after the 15 yard penalty. Hopefully these kids and coaches learned they need to do more than show up, in order to win a game, regardless of the opponent.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

JSUBison
10-18-2015, 03:46 PM
People are being too hard on Polasek. Agree with what DM05 alluded to, Polasek's just doing what Klieman is wanting him to do. That or Klieman hasn't put his foot down, and figures he should "let his coaches coach". Either way Klieman needs to have a come to Jesus meeting. And like other people said, seems like freaking 15 guys in the boxscore every week with rushing attempts. It's like looking at a boxscore from a triple option running team without the yardage results.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Since people keep making it clear to me, I am under the assumption that this year is over. NDSU has all but been eliminated from the playoffs and we couldn't beat a high school team. After sleeping off the loss from yesterday, I have re-evaluated my position on this season and the brainwashing about the depths of our programs despair, and now agree with the loyal Bison fans that this team has no chance the rest of the year and we need to look ahead. From what I have been told we will be extremely lucky to even make the playoffs which will be futile anyways.

So let's look to next year.

What do we need to do to get back to the National Championship teams of yesteryear. I'm also sick and tired of all these losses that keep piling up. This is unacceptable and if the current group of people can't get it done we need to clean house and get some others than can. Maybe Bohl will get fired up at Wyoming and come back and bring our program back to the glory days.

td577
10-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Gotta wonder whether all of the "packages" with a different set of backs and receivers isn't providing an easy read and or adjustment for opponents. In comes a "package" run a play and out goes that package and in comes another to run what they are good at. Pretty soon the D coordinators know what to look for when a certain package is going in. CK even said each of our backs are unique in what they bring on field. Not too hard to figure out what we are gonna run if each is brought in to run plays designed for their individual uniqueness.

Sent from my iPhone.

I would much rather see multiple plays run out of the same formation than multiple formations with few plays per formation. I don't watch games over and over to see if we are giving away tells with our formations, but it wouldn't surprise me if we aren't narrowing down possibilities with certain packages.

silkamilkamonico
10-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Starting to look like a 7-4 season to me. We have difficult road games ahead of us. I think many here will be happy the playoffs were expanded now.

Sent from my iPhone.

7-4 would get us to the playoffs. That's all we can ask for is a chance. If this program has the tough resilient mentality of 1 opportunity, I'll take the chance. If we're weak and feeble minded, which is everything against what NDSU football stands for, let's keep crying and look ahead until next year. Get to the playoffs, and at that point we'll see just how good (or bad) of a coach staff we have in games where scheming is actually needed.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 03:57 PM
There is one very specific complaint as well. Klieman ' s use of timeouts at the end of the game. When USD got to around the 25 with about a 1 min left. He needs to use those time outs. Granted in this case it didn't matter because USD got another first down, but you have to try to leave yourself some time.

Yes. I hate the "lets wait and see" approach with this. Need to maximize our chances.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 04:00 PM
On the overturned calls it was mentioned NDSU went into it like there was no chance of being overturned on the bison rewind. Do we not have a "red alert" play to run in under 15 seconds where basically you're running a simple play just so the previous play isn't reviewed? The Bonnet noncatch comes to mind. That could have been a huge score if we could have continued (maybe wouldn't have the way we played but that drive did semi ok until that point) and put up 7 as that would have made it 28-14 I believe.

Regardless everything was flat fans players etc. I think it goes to show there needs to be a catalyst to pump you up, have to wonder if they're missing Taz (Crockett) who I had to believe was a guy that got people riled up in the locker room before games and at halftime or anytime. Someone who seemed to have endless energy. Does playing 4 home games out of the first 6 make a difference too?? We are all human and not robots.

The officials were terrible and I think that removing of the opponents helmet call was a bit odd (never heard that called prior to yesterday?) especially that part of the game where players are just trying to make a play and he didn't do it with malicious intent, some of it was caused by the QB trying to twist his way out for more yardage. If I remember right wasn't the result of that play going to put them in 3rd and medium or even long? Not that seemed to matter yesterday when USD converted 63% of 3rd downs.

That said the game yesterday reeked of no focus, fans included (myself too). I think we all looked at it as a automatic W and treated it as such. So bisonnation I apologize for my lack of effort. Good job by a small group of fans in section 21 just behind CAS that put their all into it even when things started downhill.

The 3 peat team had many flat games too. ISUb, YSU, UNI (remember we had to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the 4th quarter to preserve an unbeaten season??) there are probably a few others. We are not going to have a team like those every year. So when we come out flat we're at risk of putting one up in the L column. The championship teams take these loses and turn them into wins thru most of the season. I looked at this team and figured 9-2 was a legitimate record, but now they've used up the 2 loses the rest of the games are winnable, might not be easy though. So bison nation get on your feet the march is on!!!

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Yes that is a call. Intentional or not it doesn't matter. I thought the unnecessary roughness on Tanguay? was bad.

Professor Chaos
10-18-2015, 04:02 PM
7-4 would get us to the playoffs. That's all we can ask for is a chance. If this program has the tough resilient mentality of 1 opportunity, I'll take the chance. If we're weak and feeble minded, which is everything against what NDSU football stands for, let's keep crying and look ahead until next year. Get to the playoffs, and at that point we'll see just how good (or bad) of a coach staff we have in games where scheming is actually needed.
Scheming and execution is needed every game, playoffs or no. Either the Bison coaches forgot that yesterday or the team forgot to execute. In either case if that's the effort we see the rest of year 7-4 is a pipe dream. I have to believe they'll bounce back but I'm done making any predictions about this season. At this point a prediction is just a blind dart throw.

RonMexico
10-18-2015, 04:03 PM
Good assessment with this. Whatever it is, this read option running and zone blocking is not getting it done in the run game.

Plus our OLB play was horrible today. PGT should be benched after watching the replay. Or maybe he is the best option.

Exactly. All those O-lineman were recruited because NDSU ran a power running game. Now you are taking a group of guys that have been coached for years in the power run game and trying to turn them into a read option, zone blocking group. Of course they are going to struggle.

ndsubison1
10-18-2015, 04:12 PM

Sent from my iPhone.

Makes sense, since our 2nd half offense has been pretty abysmal

Bisonguy
10-18-2015, 04:29 PM
ZERO points in the 3rd quarter against UNI, Montana, and USD. Twenty total 3rd quarter points in the blowout games. Looks like TP is getting out coached after halftime.

The 3rd quarter used to be a strength of the Bison offense, now it's the Achilles heel.