PDA

View Full Version : Great West Preview Part 1 by Chris Kelly

tcbison
07-31-2006, 08:03 PM
Follow the link. Chris Kelly always has good info on the Great West Conference.

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/073106aam.html

broke_back_mnt
07-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Great to read some football! CK is being a realist on his NDSU/Gopher predicition.

NDSUguy
07-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Chris Kelly should do more research... Yes, the Gophs will be physical but their offense will NOT have Gary Russell, have lost three starting linemen and have a qb who does not react great under pressure.... I give the Bison a 30% chance of winning this game..... After all, the Gophs can't stop anyone defensively and their offense should not be all that explosive this year (compared to recent years).

Bisonguy
07-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Chris Keely does PLENTY of research.

Another great column by Chris. The GWFC is lucky to have him aboard.

The only issue I have with his column is that I think Roehl will get a few more carries than he thinks......

NDSUguy
07-31-2006, 09:05 PM

The only issue I have with his column is that I think Roehl will get a few more carries than he thinks......

He may but apparently he missed the HUGE news that Russell won't be the runningback and he WON'T be eligible (although he states that there is still a chance for Russell in his assessment of the game). Anyone who knows anything would know that Russell withdrew from the UofM.... He's no longer a student there and was going to be one of the keys to the Gophs offense.

CK
07-31-2006, 09:15 PM
"Anyone who knows anything would know that Russell withdrew from the UofM" (I appreciate that)

Yes, I knew Russell is out and Pinnex (Sp?) is in - I wrote part one in June, when Russell was still a question - have been working on part two since July 1st. When your preview is 19 word pages in total you are bound to miss one or two things.

Bisondad
07-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks for your work, Chris. Thank goodness football season is here!

tcbison
07-31-2006, 09:28 PM
"Anyone who knows anything would know that Russell withdrew from the UofM" (I appreciate that)

Yes, I knew Russell is out and Pinnex (Sp?) is in - I wrote part one in June, when Russell was still a question - have been working on part two since July 1st. When your preview is 19 word pages in total you are bound to miss one or two things.

Chris,
Keep up the good work! We appreciate it! Go Bison!

sambini
08-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Very good reading CK and thanks++++++++

WYOBISONMAN
08-01-2006, 03:03 AM

He may but apparently he missed the HUGE news that Russell won't be the runningback and he WON'T be eligible (although he states that there is still a chance for Russell in his assessment of the game). *Anyone who knows anything would know that Russell withdrew from the UofM.... *He's no longer a student there and was going to be one of the keys to the Gophs offense.

CK is a very smart guy when it comes to DI-AA football and the GWFC. Your reponse is a bit in the obnoxious vein. I for one have a lot of respect for Chris and I appreciate his insight.

SloStang
08-01-2006, 03:23 AM

He may but apparently he missed the HUGE news that Russell won't be the runningback and he WON'T be eligible (although he states that there is still a chance for Russell in his assessment of the game). *Anyone who knows anything would know that Russell withdrew from the UofM.... *He's no longer a student there and was going to be one of the keys to the Gophs offense.

CK is a very smart guy when it comes to DI-AA football and the GWFC. *Your reponse is a bit in the obnoxious vein. *I for one have a lot of respect for Chris and I appreciate his insight.

I also think highly of Chris and his writing. We are lucky to have him covering the GWFC. Thanks for all of your hard work Chris. I am looking forward to Part II and your weekly column when the season begins.

NDSUguy
08-01-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm not here to ruffle feathers or rag on Chris. Russell was supposed to be the premier player on the gophers offense this year... I immediately questioned his credibility for such a blatant error. I should however not throw the first stone. I too make mistakes and will admit my rush to judement was a little premature.

CK, I hope you forgive me and my rush to judgement. I do read your stuff and enjoy what I read. Next time i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

CK
08-01-2006, 03:56 AM
Honestly, not a big deal NDSUguy....if I am willing to put myself out there with this column I have to be able to take criticism as well. I just wanted to be clear I did know about Russell, I just didn't make the adjustment in part 1- which is my bad. Part of what is exicting about covering the GWFC is the interaction with each teams fans - maybe the one thing I enjoy the most for the five years I have been doing this. Bison fans are some of the best b/c they have a huge base of fans with great passion.

Gamehunter
08-01-2006, 04:28 AM
++++++ (sorry sambini) ;D

BisonMav
08-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Great job CK! :)

MRBISON
08-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Great job CK.....

Just think how great it would be if the forum had a guy like CK writing about the Bison ....instead of that moron McFeely :-?

BisonBacker
08-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Great job CK.....

Just think how great it would be if the forum had a guy like CK writing about the Bison ....instead of that moron McFeely :-?
Thanks Chris, I too always look forward to your column. Look forward to part 2 and the upcoming season. As far as the IA games for all GWFC teams I am shure we will be well represented win or lose.

Bisonguy
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Great job CK.....

The Forum has Kolpack, and I think he does a helluva good job covering the Bison.

MRBISON
08-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Agreed, Kolpack does a great job.