PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. Coyotes

jcdcubs
10-10-2015, 10:50 PM
This should be easier than UNI. Bison win 45-10.

Kevin
10-10-2015, 10:51 PM
This should be easier than UNI. Bison win 45-10.

Should be a good week to get everyone healthy.

WFBisonFan
10-10-2015, 11:41 PM
No offense, but I'm tired of hearing this game should be "easier" BS. If we don't come to play against ANY MVFC opponent, we can get beat. Don't kid yourselves. We were able to get the last lick in today.

MAKBison
10-11-2015, 12:32 AM
No offense, but I'm tired of hearing this game should be "easier" BS. If we don't come to play against ANY MVFC opponent, we can get beat. Don't kid yourselves. We were able to get the last lick in today.

Poor yotes, the always seem to get a PO Bison team, JG has to be thinking, what the hell!

BisoninNWMN
10-11-2015, 02:17 AM

USD is nothing like UNI.

Nice try though.

A1pigskin
10-11-2015, 02:19 AM
38 - 9 Bison win.

WFBisonFan
10-11-2015, 01:28 PM
USD is nothing like UNI.

Nice try though.

True, USD is no UNI. But Klieman also mentioned it in the post-game presser. I'm pretty sure Oklahoma thought Texas was no TCU yesterday either...

A1pigskin
10-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Hopefully in this game our injured players can heal and not play. IMO the first qtr will be close but after that the Bison roll them over.

Kevin
10-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Hopefully in this game our injured players can heal and not play. IMO the first qtr will be close but after that the Bison roll them over.

That's my thought too. I'd like to see Stick get a full half and I don't want to see Wentz running at all.

ZHerd
10-11-2015, 01:51 PM
That's my thought too. I'd like to see Stick get a full half and I don't want to see Wentz running at all.

This. In addition, I don't want to see Stick running either. Let him get some full game time experience now or his first real QB experience will be at friggin Iowa.

DM05
10-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Need to look sharp early, step on the gas and get a lead, then get the backups some reps and the starters some rest. Would love to see the young O-linemen play all second half to let Johnson/Plankers/Kuhnert/Kelly take most of the day off. Get out of this week with a win and improved health.

Honeybooboo
10-11-2015, 04:27 PM
No way this game is close

FrozenTech
10-11-2015, 04:30 PM
This. In addition, I don't want to see Stick running either. Let him get some full game time experience now or his first real QB experience will be at friggin Iowa.

We don't start the season at Iowa next year. There are 1 or two games on the schedule first, IIRC. As to USD - I would like us to have a dominant performance and the 2s to get some serious play time. Because yeah - lots of nicked up guys.

Elroy
10-12-2015, 05:03 AM
True, USD is no UNI. But Klieman also mentioned it in the post-game presser. I'm pretty sure Oklahoma thought Texas was no TCU yesterday either...
You do realize coaches have to say shit like that(even if they know it is BS)?

RowdyRabbit
10-12-2015, 05:12 AM
NDSU could play the game blindfolded and have one leg constrained to those wheelie cart deals guys with screwed up knees/ankles roll around on and put a smackdown on the yotes.

stevdock
10-12-2015, 11:09 AM

You've got to let Stick have the full offense. The risk of injury on a running/scrambling play is worth it compared to him coming in next year without that experience. Plus the risk of injury goes up if you tell him to stay in the pocket and not play his game.

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2015, 11:20 AM

Nice comparison...:facepalm2:

USD is still years away from being a good Valley team. The only way this game is close is if the Bison lay an egg and I doubt that will happen after UNI gave them all they wanted.

ZHerd
10-12-2015, 11:37 AM
You've got to let Stick have the full offense. The risk of injury on a running/scrambling play is worth it compared to him coming in next year without that experience. Plus the risk of injury goes up if you tell him to stay in the pocket and not play his game.

I understand that. What I was more getting at is that I'd like to see him direct some drives and move the chains on 3rd down throwing the ball, doing stuff he would have to do in a game rather than just coming in, taking off on a couple called run plays and handing the ball off the rest of the time. That doesn't show a whole lot

BYZEN
10-12-2015, 11:49 AM
I understand that. What I was more getting at is that I'd like to see him direct some drives and move the chains on 3rd down throwing the ball, doing stuff he would have to do in a game rather than just coming in, taking off on a couple called run plays and handing the ball off the rest of the time. That doesn't show a whole lot

Didn't Stick move the chains against the Weebles and score only to get pulled back out for Wentz after they ran the kickoff back???? Or am I remembering that series wrong?

ZHerd
10-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Didn't Stick move the chains against the Weebles and score only to get pulled back out for Wentz after they ran the kickoff back???? Or am I remembering that series wrong?

Yes but we were running over them. He didn't throw once. I want to see him pass, see him operate under pressure, see him....be a QB. Call me picky I guess lol

ZHerd
10-12-2015, 12:04 PM
We don't start the season at Iowa next year. There are 1 or two games on the schedule first, IIRC. As to USD - I would like us to have a dominant performance and the 2s to get some serious play time. Because yeah - lots of nicked up guys.

I forgot about that. Interesting change up from playing FBS in game 1. It will be interesting seeing what kind of teams we schedule leading up to it.

DakotaOkie
10-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Eastern Washington and a game To Be Determined

westnodak93bison
10-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Yes but we were running over them. He didn't throw once. I want to see him pass, see him operate under pressure, see him....be a QB. Call me picky I guess lol
I feel the same. Problem is that if you are up enough to feel comfortable putting in the #2 qb then unleash him it could be perceived as trying to run up the score which we don't do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ZHerd
10-12-2015, 12:25 PM
I feel the same. Problem is that if you are up enough to feel comfortable putting in the #2 qb then unleash him it could be perceived as trying to run up the score which we don't do.

Correct and that is another thing I like about Klieman. Maybe we could throw the ball down the field and "accidentally" keep fumbling at the goaline (sorta purple)

natstar1
10-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Eastern Washington and a game To Be Determined
Sundog Nation coming back to Fargo?

...I don't want to see Wentz running at all.
Agree. Won't happen though, they'll still call some designed runs for him.

VirginiaBison
10-14-2015, 02:57 AM
Could be a "trap" game. Depends on whether or not Bison come out with energy or flat and just how fired up the Coyotes are.

Vet70
10-14-2015, 01:34 PM
I think that this just about sums it up:

Yote 53
Administrator
As if this season hasn't been disappointing enough, up next is a trip to the House of Horrors. We haven't been competitive in our two MVFC games so far this season, somebody try to sell me on how they think the Coyotes have a chance against NDSU. I don't see it.

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2015, 01:48 PM
Sorry to say this about the neighbors to the south (that I have do drive north to see). They aren't Youngstown, SIU, or ISUb. Those teams have a chance to be trap-ish (or is is Trappist?)

The Yotes just don't have the juice.

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Oh, how I wish UNI and the Yotes could do a time warp flip and change places. The Yotes have a good coach and don't play dirty. I kind of wish we didnt have to play them.

Bisonator98
10-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Shouldn't be close. 38-6 Bison win.

OatmealWicket92
10-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Tix will be available for the game friday at 8am. Source: NDSU Athletics FB page.

EC8CH
10-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Tix will be available for the game friday at 8am. Source: NDSU Athletics FB page.

Must be returns from the USD's visitor allotment?

OatmealWicket92
10-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Must be returns from the USD's visitor allotment?

I don't even wanna bring it up. But its unsold student tickets. *don't blame me for starting anything about the student section (well this time anyway) :hide:*

HoopsBison
10-14-2015, 04:02 PM
I think we win this one pretty easily.

Bison Loaf
10-14-2015, 04:08 PM
I don't even wanna bring it up. But its unsold student tickets. *don't blame me for starting anything about the student section (well this time anyway) :hide:*

In before the fecal storm arrives! :)

bisonaudit
10-14-2015, 04:12 PM

That's the way its supposed to work, no? If they don't claim them the tickets are made available to the general public, right?

OatmealWicket92
10-14-2015, 04:23 PM
That's the way its supposed to work, no? If they don't claim them the tickets are made available to the general public, right?

yes that is exactly how is supposed to work if your student section goes unsold. I just don't want to be hung out to dry for stating why they are available.

gizmo
10-14-2015, 04:55 PM
It will be difficult to keep the intensity after two huge games. I think the USD game will be close enough to where our starters are out there until the end.

SDbison
10-14-2015, 05:15 PM
yes that is exactly how is supposed to work if your student section goes unsold. I just don't want to be hung out to dry for stating why they are available.
I have no problem calling out the spoiled and entitled average student of today. This is essentially "free entertainment" to watch their four peat champion NDSU football team that is currently #2 in the nation play a game on Saturday. There are nearly 15,000 students (about 4000 ticket allotment) and 3 out of 4 of them apparently have something else to do on Saturday. Highly doubt even half of those plan to study, work or go home to mommy and daddy. I say average the shortfall for all home games and take it away from their allotment for next year.
Now it's time to hear the crying, pissing and moaning along with attacks on me for calling them out........lol, go right ahead.

Bisonator98
10-14-2015, 05:41 PM
I have no problem calling out the spoiled and entitled average student of today. This is essentially "free entertainment" to watch their four peat champion NDSU football team that is currently #2 in the nation play a game on Saturday. There are nearly 15,000 students (about 4000 ticket allotment) and 3 out of 4 of them apparently have something else to do on Saturday. Highly doubt even half of those plan to study, work or go home to mommy and daddy. I say average the shortfall for all home games and take it away from their allotment for next year.
Now it's time to hear the crying, pissing and moaning along with attacks on me for calling them out........lol, go right ahead.

You do realize the students pay for those seats right? So what if they don't use them, NDSU sells the unused ones and makes even more money. What's the issue?

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2015, 05:42 PM
You do realize the students pay for those seats right? So what if they don't use them, NDSU sells the unused ones and makes even more money. What's the issue?

yeah. This is actually a positive for the program. Many people who aren't normally able to get tickets can go to this one.

Mr Pep Band
10-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Week after Homecoming letdown by students. Happens most every year it seems like. If this game is like the last 3 against USD, it will be 35-3 @ halftime, people start filing out, and student section is 40% full when the second half starts.

Maybe the BAND didn't fill their allotment! LOL

It also could very well be the leftover USD tickets, we'll see on Sat.

The problem I have is HOW many students claim to be HUGE Bison fans? A shit ton of them do. So if they're such dedicated and die-hard Bison fans, then they better show up to every game they can! If not, then their just on the Bandwagon. Or is that too bitter an assessment?

Score

Farley Slayers- 49
Willie Coyote- 10

SDbison
10-14-2015, 06:13 PM
You do realize the students pay for those seats right? So what if they don't use them, NDSU sells the unused ones and makes even more money. What's the issue? That is why I said essentially "free entertainment".......they don't see the cost since a portion is in their activity fee. The issue is there are fans that would pay full price and stay the whole game.........hence I say reduce the student allotment. Its not rocket science.

bisonaudit
10-14-2015, 06:36 PM
That is why I said essentially "free entertainment".......they don't see the cost since a portion is in their activity fee. The issue is there are fans that would pay full price and stay the whole game.........hence I say reduce the student allotment. Its not rocket science.

They pay full price but you're right they don't see it because its in their fees. But what's really not rocket science is the athletic department getting paid twice when the students don't claim them. They get guaranteed revenue up front and they get the upside on the back end. There is no economic incentive for the athletic department to reduce the student allotment.

SDbison
10-14-2015, 11:24 PM
They pay full price but you're right they don't see it because its in their fees. But what's really not rocket science is the athletic department getting paid twice when the students don't claim them. They get guaranteed revenue up front and they get the upside on the back end. There is no economic incentive for the athletic department to reduce the student allotment. No way the students pay full price as they have access to every home game for football, basketball, volleyball and any other regular season sport that charges for a seat.

Honeybooboo
10-15-2015, 12:30 AM
first game I'm skipping at home in 7 years, only because it's usd and I don't expect much. I know it could go either way but if they played a competitive game in the last 5. with us I might have stayed

going hunting instead

westnodak93bison
10-15-2015, 12:44 AM
first game I'm skipping at home in 7 years, only because it's usd and I don't expect much. I know it could go either way but if they played a competitive game in the last 5. with us I might have stayed

going hunting instead
Get your tickets to someone who will show up

scottietohottie
10-15-2015, 12:44 AM
I was thinking this game was going to be a blowout but then it happened. My dad asked if he could use my tickets. I haven't allowed him to use them since isu-b 2012. I'm thinking about letting him use them.:hide:

runtheoption
10-15-2015, 12:59 AM

going hunting instead

I was thinking this game was going to be a blowout but then it happened. My dad asked if he could use my tickets. I haven't allowed him to use them since isu-b 2012. I'm thinking about letting him use them.:hide:

For some reason, I imagine you two as twins separated at birth, kinda like Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

bisonaudit
10-15-2015, 01:07 AM
No way the students pay full price as they have access to every home game for football, basketball, volleyball and any other regular season sport that charges for a seat.

How many seats do the students have for the other sports?

Honeybooboo
10-15-2015, 01:09 AM
Get your tickets to someone who will show up

already did, all will be used including the tailgate passes...they are pumped, people from Duluth and Bismarck

they always look for tickets, so idecided to let them have the entire experience

scottietohottie
10-15-2015, 01:09 AM
For some reason, I imagine you two as twins separated at birth, kinda like Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'm Arnold

BisonFanAnn
10-15-2015, 01:34 AM
My sons are both NDSU students, seniors. They have only been to 3 or 4 games in that time - and yes, they usually are studying or working on Saturday afternoons. Last weekend one of them did come home to see Mommy and Daddy, and watched the game with us - and did homework at halftime.

I went to Fargo for the UND game, where I watched with friends at BWW (I couldn't get tickets). My son joined us - but left after the third quarter, even though I was buying beer and food, because he had homework.

My kids have never left a game early, however.

bisonaudit
10-15-2015, 02:05 AM
No way the students pay full price as they have access to every home game for football, basketball, volleyball and any other regular season sport that charges for a seat.

Are they taking a seat away from a paying customer at anything other than football and the occasional basketball game?

Their football seats are worth about $1.2 million and they contribute about $1.3 million to the athletic department.

MAKBison
10-15-2015, 02:29 AM

and a few other things

bisonaudit
10-15-2015, 03:00 AM
No matter what the numbers say you guys already know the answer, so whatever.

GOBISON123
10-15-2015, 03:25 AM
Hope we dont get caught napping again like we did against UNI.

MNLonghorn10
10-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Or else what? They get into fg position without necessarily making it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BisoninNWMN
10-15-2015, 10:37 AM

Caught naping against USD?

Doubt it.

gumby013
10-15-2015, 01:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrJpqvFv0AQ

tony
10-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Caught naping against USD?

Doubt it.

Doubt anybody thinks that NDSU got caught napping against UNI either... it's freaking UNI. It's more like they punched us in the face.

Anyway, does USD run the spread?

BisManBison
10-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Doubt anybody thinks that NDSU got caught napping against UNI either... it's freaking UNI. It's more like they punched us in the face.

Absolutely, they came out throwing haymakers and landed way too many. Fortunately for us their coaches thought they had it won and just covered up in the corner in the final round.

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2015, 03:50 PM
All I know is I think Kolpack is misreading UNI. I think NDSU will come out a little mad that they needed to a last minute miracle to win. Poor Coach Glenn will have them warming up the bus at halftime.....

CAS4127
10-15-2015, 04:17 PM
All I know is I think Kolpack is misreading UNI. I think NDSU will come out a little mad that they needed to a last minute miracle to win. Poor Coach Glenn will have them warming up the bus at halftime.....

Maybe our defesne will, but it seems like Coaches K & P think our offemse and played just fine. I disagree with that, and I also don't feel as tho Coach P called a very good game.

Bison"FANatic"
10-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Maybe our defesne will, but it seems like Coaches K & P think our offemse and played just fine. I disagree with that, and I also don't feel as tho Coach P called a very good game.

You never do.

Teams that turn the ball over 3 times and give up TD's plays of 67 and 83 rarely win games. A lot was overcame last week that should have cost us the game.

CAS4127
10-15-2015, 04:38 PM
You never do.

Teams that turn the ball over 3 times and give up TD's plays of 67 and 83 rarely win games. A lot was overcame last week that should have cost us the game.

I never do what? I don't feel our D played very well, so hoping they come out mad. Likewise, I don't think our O played all that well either, until the 4th quarter. And the D didn't turn the ball over 3 times. Possession of the ball makes it difficult for the other team to score last time I checked.

Vet70
10-15-2015, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=tony;1049870]Doubt anybody thinks that NDSU got caught napping against UNI either... it's freaking UNI. It's more like they punched us in the face.

Anyway, does USD run the spread?QUOTE]

If they do I doubt Bailey will play.

Bison"FANatic"
10-15-2015, 04:57 PM
I never do what? I don't feel our D played very well, so hoping they come out mad. Likewise, I don't think our O played all that well either, until the 4th quarter. And the D didn't turn the ball over 3 times. Possession of the ball makes it difficult for the other team to score last time I checked.

You never do feel coach P called a good game. I am just saying we scored 31 points and time of possession was us 39 minutes them 21 minutes.

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2015, 04:59 PM

Another question for you CAS:

In the olden days when I played, before read option, when we played a more classic option team, each defense player had an assignment on my team. It was basically, "you kill the QB no matter what happens" and "you kill the RB no matter what happens." Is that harder to do with read option due to the greater passing threat? I was trying to wrap my mind around why the guy with QB responsibility was never making the play...

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2015, 05:08 PM

In the olden days when I played, before read option, when we played a more classic option team, each defense player had an assignment on my team. It was basically, "you kill the QB no matter what happens" and "you kill the RB no matter what happens." Is that harder to do with read option due to the greater passing threat? I was trying to wrap my mind around why the guy with QB responsibility was never making the play...

gumby013
10-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Line currently at -28. O/U is 48.

That means a score of 38-10.

Bison"FANatic"
10-15-2015, 05:16 PM

I am not CAS but I did stay at a holiday in express last night. When you look at how we have been beat by both Roberson and Baily with the read option, the big plays have all came when our DE bit hard inside (heck Emmanual last year gave up the big 4th Quarter TD to Roberson and he is one hell of DE, just read it wrong), the problem with defending it is the LB usually takes the B gap and the DE has to account for both the cutback by the RB of the inside edge and also the QB pulling the ball and getting the outside edge on the DE. That DE has to be able to position himself to cover both and the problem we saw on Saturday was the speed of recognizing who has it and being able to react. Thus if you hit the QB each time with the DE the RB will just cut back and burn you. That is tough play for a young DE and reps, reps and more reps will make them better

SDbison
10-15-2015, 05:17 PM
I never do what? I don't feel our D played very well, so hoping they come out mad. Likewise, I don't think our O played all that well either, until the 4th quarter. And the D didn't turn the ball over 3 times. Possession of the ball makes it difficult for the other team to score last time I checked. I agree with CAS, NDSU defense not very good and the offense still not firing on all cylinders except in desperation time. Keep it up and playoff seeding could be poor with early playoff exit.........Just sayin.

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2015, 05:41 PM
I am not CAS but I did stay at a holiday in express last night. When you look at how we have been beat by both Roberson and Baily with the read option, the big plays have all came when our DE bit hard inside (heck Emmanual last year gave up the big 4th Quarter TD to Roberson and he is one hell of DE, just read it wrong), the problem with defending it is the LB usually takes the B gap and the DE has to account for both the cutback by the RB of the inside edge and also the QB pulling the ball and getting the outside edge on the DE. That DE has to be able to position himself to cover both and the problem we saw on Saturday was the speed of recognizing who has it and being able to react. Thus if you hit the QB each time with the DE the RB will just cut back and burn you. That is tough play for a young DE and reps, reps and more reps will make them better

I can't help but wonder if that is just too complicated. When you have a uber talented QB with a leser RB like UNI, I'd be tempted just to smoke the QB every time and take my chances....

runtheoption
10-15-2015, 06:00 PM
I can't help but wonder if that is just too complicated. When you have a uber talented QB with a leser RB like UNI, I'd be tempted just to smoke the QB every time and take my chances....
I was kinda thinking the same thing. The common thing here is these QB's are the better ball-carriers than their RB's, and the QB's are the ones that constantly give us the problems on these plays. Need a scheme where the QB consistently feels his best option is to leave the ball in the belly of the RB, and then swarm the living crap out of the RB.

NorthernBison
10-15-2015, 06:20 PM

On the 83 yard run, the defender with that responsibility got wiped out by a great block. I think it was by the TE. The rest of our pursuit was late arriving.

CAS4127
10-15-2015, 06:21 PM

This is fairly accurate in general, but I'll add a couple of things. First, I am not so sure that at least some of DE crashes you are describing are not called plays, in order to give the QB a fast read and resulting in the rest of the D knowing the QB is going to be carrying the ball if it is a run play for sure. I think what we will (or should) eventually see in defending the read option (out of spread formation keep in mind) is the old-fashioned "slow play" or "slow read" for the QB by the optioned defender. That will allow time for his teammates to beat blocks and get in on the action of defending the QB run.

Also, I believe that a 3-4 D would be better at defending the run read option as it allows for almost a nickel-back D when the weakside OLB is quick and athletic (think Travis Beck) and you add in another LB for helping stop the RB give read. It's what teams did back in the late 80's and 90's to shut down option offenses like Nebraska, NDSU, etc. UND switched to the 3-4 and started recruiting D players that fit that scheme for the sole purpose of shutting down our option offense. If we can't defend RO effectively with our 4-3, we should look hard at switching back to the 3-4. The 3-4 also adds one more fleeter-footed D player (the additional LB) as opposed to a DT.

coloradobison
10-15-2015, 06:22 PM
On the 83 yard run, the defender with that responsibility got wiped out by a great block. I think it was by the TE. The rest of our pursuit was late arriving.

Looked to me like Grimsley went to the wrong place (i.e. the same place that Stumpf and Ambrosius were)

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2015, 06:30 PM
This is fairly accurate in general, but I'll add a couple of things. First, I am not so sure that at least some of DE crashes you are describing are not called plays, in order to give the QB a fast read and resulting in the rest of the D knowing the QB is going to be carrying the ball if it is a run play for sure. I think what we will (or should) eventually see in defending the read option (out of spread formation keep in mind) is the old-fashioned "slow play" or "slow read" for the QB by the optioned defender. That will allow time for his teammates to beat blocks and get in on the action of defending the QB run.

Also, I believe that a 3-4 D would be better at defending the run read option as it allows for almost a nickel-back D when the weakside OLB is quick and athletic (think Travis Beck) and you add in another LB for helping stop the RB give read. It's what teams did back in the late 80's and 90's to shut down option offenses like Nebraska, NDSU, etc. UND switched to the 3-4 and started recruiting D players that fit that scheme for the sole purpose of shutting down our option offense. If we can't defend RO effectively with our 4-3, we should look hard at switching back to the 3-4. The 3-4 also adds one more fleeter-footed D player (the additional LB) as opposed to a DT.

Great stuff, as always, CAS. If you know law as well as you know football, I'd be scared to be on the other side from you as a lawyer.

Bisonator98
10-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Looked to me like Grimsley went to the wrong place (i.e. the same place that Stumpf and Ambrosius were)

Exactly. 1 guy ended up blocking 3 defenders. Missed fit!

BisoninNWMN
10-15-2015, 06:36 PM

This here.

I think the defense will be fine. UNI is always a tough match up because the have just as many athletic players and are physical.

USD is nothing like UNI.

I fully expect a 3 TD or more beat down.

BisoninNWMN
10-15-2015, 06:37 PM

So you think the Bison will have a letdown on Saturday?

Bison"FANatic"
10-15-2015, 06:38 PM
Ya I was wrong on the 83 yarder we played it how they started doing it more in the NFL and that was looping the LB around to cut off the outside and the DE is to play the close edge and force the QB up field giving the LB and safety time to make the play. On that play UNI ran a RB across formation after the snap and he took out the LB and unfortunately the Safety also. It should have been a 1 on 1 Safety on the Qb but the Safety didn't keep his feet clean and there Baily goes for 83.

CAS4127
10-15-2015, 06:38 PM

I haven't seen the replay, but that sounds like either a mis-read by Grimsley or he abandoned his assignment. Coaches are more acceptable to the former than the latter, as are teammates, but either can result in what happened.

It could also be that the called secondary coverage didn't match with the called front scheme, but I think we would have heard about it if that was the case; i.e., Coach K would have let us know that play was on the staff, not the D players. What I heard him say was missed assignments/bad angles/poor tackling.

Bison03
10-15-2015, 06:39 PM
Bison win this one big, that was easy.

Professor Chaos
10-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Ya I was wrong on the 83 yarder we played it how they started doing it more in the NFL and that was looping the LB around to cut off the outside and the DE is to play the close edge and force the QB up field giving the LB and safety time to make the play. On that play UNI ran a RB across formation after the snap and he took out the LB and unfortunately the Safety also. It should have been a 1 on 1 Safety on the Qb but the Safety didn't keep his feet clean and there Baily goes for 83.
There were also a couple other times that UNI gashed the Bison defense when they went no huddle because the OLBs were trying to switch sides right as the ball was snapped which gave no outside defender when the QB kept it. I'd chalk it up to inexperience in those situations but we're getting to the point in the season where the inexperience card can't be played much anymore even if this is the first year starting for those guys.

NorthernBison
10-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Maybe. All I know is that the camera work wasn't very good. The defender getting wiped out in the alley was just on the edge of the frame.

bri-dog
10-15-2015, 08:02 PM
Maybe. All I know is that the camera work wasn't very good. The defender getting wiped out in the alley was just on the edge of the frame.

That's why we miss Beck. He was good at defending in the alleys...:)

Mr Meaty
10-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Line currently at -28. O/U is 48.

That means a score of 38-10.

I got 42-10. SO take the Bison and the over. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

runtheoption
10-15-2015, 09:59 PM
If anyone wants to break away from tailgating for a bit on Saturday, the NDSU Lost Boys Rugby Club is taking on the St. Cloud State Fighting Carp at 1:00pm. Just a short walk from the West Lot over to the rugby pitch. I may just stay for the whole thing and miss the 1st few minutes of the football game. Conference match-up, and the Lost Boys are probably favored.

We can't sit in the F-Dome and have a beer while watching football, but we can take our tailgating cups with our beverage of choice over to the pitch and catch some hard hitting action prior to heading into the dome.

GOBISON123
10-16-2015, 02:42 AM
We’re going to have to play physical – we’re going to have to meet their physicality. We need to do it upfront, we need to do it on the wide receivers. If we can do that, it will help us a lot

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2015/10/15/coyotes-have-big-task-ahead-bison-ndsu-usd-football/73977880/

Oh gosh, these Coyotes are thoroughly misguided , somebody please let them know this is not UFC , this is football... poor Coyotes:facepalm:

StL Bison Fan
10-16-2015, 02:47 AM
That's why we miss Beck. He was good at defending in the alleys...:)

I see what you did there.
Yes he was and bet he still can...

Bison Bridge Guy
10-16-2015, 02:49 AM
They've lost the last three to NDSU 143-7, but "we beat ourselves in a lot of those games." Preposterous statement candidate? Or is that just delusional?

Bisonville GasMan
10-16-2015, 03:28 AM
143 to 7 ... Thats like a Portland St level of domination on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sac
10-16-2015, 03:33 AM
After last weeks game I need to watch an ass whooping!

Gully
10-16-2015, 08:06 AM
it looked to me like MJ was too far inside, allowing one blocker to take our 3 defenders. if he makes the blocker go wider, one of the other two could have made the tackle. just saying I'm not sure it was 35's fault.

a bunch of young players and they'll get better.

EC8CH
10-16-2015, 11:50 AM
it looked to me like MJ was too far inside, allowing one blocker to take our 3 defenders. if he makes the blocker go wider, one of the other two could have made the tackle. just saying I'm not sure it was 35's fault.

a bunch of young players and they'll get better.

I think this is what coach K mentioned in one of the post game pressers.

NDSUBowler
10-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Anyone else not able to get onto gobison's ticket portal at ALL for the 8am release of more tickets?

EC8CH
10-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Anyone else not able to get onto gobison's ticket portal at ALL for the 8am release of more tickets?

I got in and put two in my cart just for fun :)

gumby013
10-16-2015, 01:04 PM

Got in right away and snagged 4 tickets.

NDSUBowler
10-16-2015, 01:06 PM
I got in on my phone but they are all gone by now. GRR.

Bison_Pyro
10-16-2015, 01:18 PM
I was able to get 6 GA as of a minute ago

NWNDBison
10-16-2015, 02:13 PM
I know this quote was partially included in the Argus Leader story above, but it's so much fun to read, and this Bloomington Pantagraph article adds to the quote and has other interesting things to say. It must be depressing to be a USD Coyotes fan, esp. this week:

“It will take a yeoman’s effort to go up there and snatch a victory, but crazy things happen once in a while,” said South Dakota coach Joe Glenn. “Someday it ends. Somebody will beat them before the end of time. It can happen.”

Full story here: http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/western-illinois-joins-isu-ndsu-at---in-valley/article_94e525fa-9869-5b7d-8404-81aadb6bcc14.html

NDSUBowler
10-16-2015, 02:28 PM
I was able to get 6 GA as of a minute ago

Lol thats such crap. I tried just for 1 ticket probably 15 time from 8-830 on my phone and got an 'unable to secure seats in this price level' over and over for the $18 GA tix.

I hate this ticket system sometimes....

runtheoption
10-16-2015, 03:47 PM
If anyone wants to break away from tailgating for a bit on Saturday, the NDSU Lost Boys Rugby Club is taking on the St. Cloud State Fighting Carp at 1:00pm. Just a short walk from the West Lot over to the rugby pitch. I may just stay for the whole thing and miss the 1st few minutes of the football game. Conference match-up, and the Lost Boys are probably favored.

We can't sit in the F-Dome and have a beer while watching football, but we can take our tailgating cups with our beverage of choice over to the pitch and catch some hard hitting action prior to heading into the dome.1 little bump, because suck it, that's why.

gumby013
10-16-2015, 07:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwanQpTEJI

Bison_Pyro
10-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Lol thats such crap. I tried just for 1 ticket probably 15 time from 8-830 on my phone and got an 'unable to secure seats in this price level' over and over for the $18 GA tix.

I hate this ticket system sometimes....

I even went back in just for fun and was able to find 6 more, I took a picture and it was time stamped 8:21am

Professor Chaos
10-16-2015, 09:11 PM
GA tickets are still available right now online.

CAS4127
10-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Who is out/in as far as injuries go tomorrow. Hoping Shepard is playing just for selfish reasons.

Sent from my iPhone.

EC8CH
10-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Who is out/in as far as injuries go tomorrow. Hoping Shepard is playing just for selfish reasons.

Sent from my iPhone.

Shep probable, Dunn, Williams possible, Kuhnert out.

CAS4127
10-16-2015, 11:11 PM
Shep probable, Dunn, Williams possible, Kuhnert out.

Thanks. Also, hope coaches are seeing what all of us are seeing in Bruce A..

Sent from my iPhone.

AjaxTheMighty
10-17-2015, 12:53 AM

Sent from my iPhone.

I'm all for getting Bruce 60% or more of the carries. He's fun to watch!

CAS4127
10-17-2015, 12:57 AM
I'm all for getting Bruce 60% or more of the carries. He's fun to watch!

Would like to see him get 10+ carries with shoulders parallel to LOS rather than this stretch bullshit. Vikes trying to do same with AP and its fucking stupid and not natural for either of them. And no, not saying the two are comparable.

Sent from my iPhone.

Bison"FANatic"
10-17-2015, 11:17 AM
H e ck I just want to see a back get into a consistent groove. I so hope the coaches allow it. Heck they get more yards running on and off the field every play than they do during plays.

No_Skill
10-17-2015, 12:27 PM
H e ck I just want to see a back get into a consistent groove. I so hope the coaches allow it. Heck they get more yards running on and off the field every play than they do during plays.

Agreed. The backs put on more yards running to and from the sideline than they do in the game.

No purple.

BisoninNWMN
10-17-2015, 01:22 PM
Agreed. The backs put on more yards running to and from the sideline than they do in the game.

No purple.

This here.

Bison should be able to run on the Coyote defense. Pound the ball right at them and keep doing it.

Gully
10-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Would like to see him get 10+ carries with shoulders parallel to LOS rather than this stretch bullshit. Vikes trying to do same with AP and its fucking stupid and not natural for either of them. And no, not saying the two are comparable.

Sent from my iPhone.

I agree....no way AD is as good as Bruuuuuuuuuce.

stevdock
10-17-2015, 03:58 PM

Please email NDSU and let them know. That happened to me before the UND game. I tried getting in right at 8 o'clock and I was stuck in the waiting room until I finally closed the window at 12:30. The only way they will even look at this is if they get enough feedback. I emailed them to make them aware of the problem but they said they had no issues, so I don't think they will seriously look at it until they are aware of more problems.

stevdock
10-17-2015, 04:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone.

I'm curious to know the plays that BA is out there for and successful with. The main ones that I remember him being successful with are the sweeps/outside the tackle runs. Has he been successful inside the tackles? Or have the coaches found a package that he is the best option in the backfield for?

VirginiaBison
10-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Could be a "trap" game. Depends on whether or not Bison come out with energy or flat and just how fired up the Coyotes are. Guess I was wrong. Coyotes are tied with the Bison with minutes to play and have out gained them in total yardage.... nope, no trap game here... just piss poor play by a flat Bison team and a fired up Coyote team, but I repeat myself.....