PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating on saturday

goalpost
10-05-2015, 06:32 PM
any news on the tailgating times yet ?

Honeybooboo
10-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Whatever it is someone will bitch...that's about all that can be confirmed at this point

bisonmike2
10-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Klieman just announced at his press conference that tailgating will be, "Of the chain crazy and will feature all types of ill shit."

No word on times though.

devin45k
10-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Whatever it is someone will bitch...that's about all that can be confirmed at this point

Basically this....but that's the internet for ya

gumby013
10-05-2015, 06:40 PM

Why don't we have a lot that is designated for 24/7/365 tailgating?! It's an untapped revenue stream!

Mr Meaty
10-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Why don't we have a lot that is designated for 24/7/365 tailgating?! It's an untapped revenue stream!

Because some would never leave. lol... I might be one of them.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Will we need a howling pack membership to gain tailgating access? Or does someone have the passcode?

Bison Loaf
10-05-2015, 07:04 PM
If I have to put my alcohol in a cup again.....................I'm going to come unglued!!!

And if that damn lot is full again by the time I show up a whole frickin' hour before game time........................there's going to be hell to pay!!!!

Jay
10-05-2015, 09:30 PM
5AM/5:30AM for reserved/GA

gumby013
10-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY 8m8 minutes ago Fargo, ND
#NDSU announces that the Fargodome will open at 4:45 am on the south side for general admission seating in south end. Tailgate opens at 5am,

Bison 4 Life
10-05-2015, 09:37 PM
an 8 hr tailgate? Why am I not coming this weekend?

THEsocalledfan
10-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I want to publicly state I WAS WRONG. I am a bit in shock that NDSU is modifying any rule when it comes to tailgating; this is fantastic news. I'd like to know who sold their soul to Satan to make this happen.

Professor Chaos
10-05-2015, 09:44 PM
an 8 hr tailgate? Why am I not coming this weekend?
http://cupofzup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mother-of-god.gif

I feel like this announcement deserves it's own gif thread.

Bison bison
10-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Bam! What?

MrSnuffleupagus
10-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Only 8 hours of tailgating? ugh.:facepalm:

CHADSTAUS
10-05-2015, 09:58 PM

fyi...........

devin45k
10-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY 8m8 minutes ago Fargo, ND
#NDSU announces that the Fargodome will open at 4:45 am on the south side for general admission seating in south end. Tailgate opens at 5am,

Did not expect that lol

MAKBison
10-05-2015, 10:05 PM
I want to publicly state I WAS WRONG. I am a bit in shock that NDSU is modifying any rule when it comes to tailgating; this is fantastic news. I'd like to know who sold their soul to Satan to make this happen.

I seem to missing a left nut...does the count?

MNLonghorn10
10-05-2015, 10:06 PM
7 fucking hours??? I need to get my liver warmed up after the bye week, pronto!

runtheoption
10-05-2015, 10:09 PM
I want to publicly state I WAS WRONG. I am a bit in shock that NDSU is modifying any rule when it comes to tailgating; this is fantastic news. I'd like to know who sold their soul to Satan to make this happen.Didn't they let people in early last year when Gameday came?

MrSnuffleupagus
10-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Wait..."Fans asked to be in seats in South endzone at this time."

They're kidding right?

TNbison
10-05-2015, 10:18 PM
I'd ninja in there without a ticket and hide in the air vents, muh ha ha ha

devin45k
10-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Didn't they let people in early last year when Gameday came?

The big difference is that people left tailgating to go to Downtown. This year people will stay in that same area.

runtheoption
10-05-2015, 10:22 PM
The big difference is that people left tailgating to go to Downtown. This year people will stay in that same area.Yes. Not sure what you are getting at...is this a good thing or a bad thing? I was simply pointing out to TSCF that they have modified the tailgating hours in the past.

MAKBison
10-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Wait..."Fans asked to be in seats in South endzone at this time."

They're kidding right?

Yes and once in you cant leave Just kidn

MrSnuffleupagus
10-05-2015, 10:38 PM
My favorite things about this is Bisonville (based on views/posts) is more excited about 8 hours of tailgating, than Sports Center on the Road in general lol

HerdBot
10-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Wow ndsu stepped up

HerdBot
10-05-2015, 11:54 PM
So what are the odds the students fill the endzone and everyone else fills the first fee sections of the south east and south west sides?

56BISON73
10-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Yes. Not sure what you are getting at...is this a good thing or a bad thing? I was simply pointing out to TSCF that they have modified the tailgating hours in the past.

Stop with the facts. It ruins a perfectly good whinny rant.

MNLonghorn10
10-06-2015, 12:55 AM
My favorite things about this is Bisonville (based on views/posts) is more excited about 8 hours of tailgating, than Sports Center on the Road in general lol

itll be cool watchin sc right outside the building theyre filming in.

but yes, 8 hrs is key, especially since were screwed almost an hour out of the 5 with set up and tear down

Bisonville GasMan
10-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Because some would never leave. lol... I might be one of them.

24/7/365 tailgating, huh? Let' see...

the Pros:

Non stop 24-7 tailgate fun at the F-dome

the Cons:

Mass loss of jobs of BV members not going to work

Loss of TM memberships/football seats to said BV'ers (that's ok we still can tailgate)

Social services raiding lot to take kids for placement in more "suitable" environment (the 2 and 4 yr old were getting whiny anyway)

Wives eventually leave and go home (that's ok, right?)

Served papers for divorce (does CAS do family law?)

Repo of tailgate rig (that's BS dude!!!)

Left with empty spot and 3 warm beers

It seems the pro's may have it...:)

pwbnd
10-06-2015, 01:18 AM
Anybody see/hear what time they'll let the GA lineup start? It's not mentioned in any of the articles I read. Maybe hasn't been decided yet.

Mr Meaty
10-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Anybody see/hear what time they'll let the GA lineup start? It's not mentioned in any of the articles I read. Maybe hasn't been decided yet.

They are lining up tomorrow. Purple

Jay
10-06-2015, 01:28 AM

5:30

Ten characters

No_Skill
10-06-2015, 01:35 AM
5:30

Ten characters

That's when they let them in to the lot. Line up as early as you feel comfortable.

Professor Chaos
10-06-2015, 02:01 AM
That's when they let them in to the lot. Line up as early as you feel comfortable.
The po-pos won't let you start lining up until 5PM Friday because that's apparently when campus goes into "weekend mode".

BYZEN
10-06-2015, 02:37 AM

They are lining up tomorrow. Purple

Tomorrow? WTF I'm in line now...

The po-pos won't let you start lining up until 5PM Friday because that's apparently when campus goes into "weekend mode".
Spoiler :ranting::biggrin:

El_Chapo
10-06-2015, 03:05 AM
What a joke, so if you wanted to goto this 6am sports center. You get in line in your car and can't get into the GA lot until 5:30 but doors open at 4:45? So for 45 minutes others get to go in before you? Just open it Friday night Joel Vettel/Rob sobolick

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2015, 05:34 AM
So what are the odds the students fill the endzone and everyone else fills the first fee sections of the south east and south west sides?

I hope it is this...

But in reality, it won't be. Its going to be row after row of 50+ year old fans and their kids. I don't think people understand that they want students at these things...not older fans.

Don't get me wrong, a bison fan can be any age; but just imagine watching gameday and its a panned shot of about 1,000 milk drinks holding up lame ass signs of something cheesy spelling out ESPN....exciting stuff....

/rant

MAKBison
10-06-2015, 05:55 AM
I hope it is this...

But in reality, it won't be. Its going to be row after row of 50+ year old fans and their kids. I don't think people understand that they want students at these things...not older fans.

Don't get me wrong, a bison fan can be any age; but just imagine watching gameday and its a panned shot of about 1,000 milk drinks holding up lame ass signs of something cheesy spelling out ESPN....exciting stuff....

/rant

Now that's funny

HerdBot
10-06-2015, 06:15 AM
I hope it is this...

/rant

I agree completely. I think a young hottie with a nice rack is better than a 50 year old guy with bitch tits. I hope the entire endzone is students and keep the old people off to the side. Kind of like how you lock the ugly kids in the basement. Young people are more visually pleasing. Kind of purple. .. but not really

bisonfanette
10-06-2015, 07:48 AM
I hope it is this...
/rant

EXCUSE ME Mr. Fat Elephant! SOME 50 yr olds, LOOK & ACT MUCH YOUNGER than you are referring to!!! Some hold up controversial (cool of course) signs, and I have seen many a STUDENT with the so-called cheesy ESPN signs! :biggrin:

I think the college crowd is going to be there and represent NDSU well!

westnodak93bison
10-06-2015, 11:16 AM
7 fucking hours??? I need to get my liver warmed up after the bye week, pronto!
You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BisonCardinal
10-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Well, its going to be as dark as the inside of a bison that early in the morning, so:

1) is everyone going to be wearing a head lamp?
2) if not, are they going to be allowing barrel fires for this one game?
3) is the Bison head going to be shining brightily on the side of the dome?

wolfee2345
10-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Well, its going to be as dark as the inside of a bison that early in the morning, so:

1) is everyone going to be wearing a head lamp?
2) if not, are they going to be allowing barrel fires for this one game?
3) is the Bison head going to be shining brightily on the side of the dome?

Flood lights will be going at our spots, and I'm sure Jared will have the logo on full display!!

wolfee2345
10-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Will bring back memories of the 11am'r last year, just a hell of alot warmer!!

Professor Chaos
10-06-2015, 01:21 PM
I hope it is this...

/rant
Hopefully that special someone brings the giant cardboard cutouts of their kids' heads again.

You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

And you can't drink all morning unless you start before dawn :biggrin:

StL Bison Fan
10-06-2015, 01:41 PM
I hope it is this...

/rant

This is more than likely why the dome opens before the lot. As a ++50 i do agree. They come to colleges for the students. I will go in an watch but this is not a time for me to be in the crowd.

Ndsu84
10-06-2015, 01:52 PM
I hope it is this...

/rant

Ok...^^^^this is funny^^^^

I agree completely. But a big reason why tailgating and everything Bison is so huge is because of the awesome teams the Bison had when we 50+ers were at SU. We know how great it is and embrace anything Bison with enthusiasm. :)

runtheoption
10-06-2015, 03:06 PM
I agree completely. I think a young hottie with a nice rack is better than a 50 year old guy with bitch tits. I hope the entire endzone is students and keep the old people off to the side. Kind of like how you lock the ugly kids in the basement. Young people are more visually pleasing. Kind of purple. .. but not really Thank god I am only 39 and can still rip off a set of 60 push-ups. I still have a pretty nice rack. Also, the PC term is "man-boobs." Bitch-tits is more of a reference to the person as a whole, and not just their chest area. As in "Hey, bitch-tits, you have to piss in the porta-potty, not beside it!"

TransAmBison
10-06-2015, 03:15 PM
This is more than likely why the dome opens before the lot. As a ++50 i do agree. They come to colleges for the students. I will go in an watch but this is not a time for me to be in the crowd.So you are saying you have a face for radio?

StL Bison Fan
10-06-2015, 03:19 PM
So you are saying you have a face for radio?

I dont drink milk but college is in my rear view mirror...

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Ok...^^^^this is funny^^^^

I agree completely. But a big reason why tailgating and everything Bison is so huge is because of the awesome teams the Bison had when we 50+ers were at SU. We know how great it is and embrace anything Bison with enthusiasm. :)

No absolutely. I didn't mean to say that older fans are terrible and worthless, in fact its the exact opposite. Its just there is a time and place for a 'certain kind' of Bison fan genre to be represented. This is one of those times.

TransAmBison
10-06-2015, 03:50 PM
No absolutely. I didn't mean to say that older fans are terrible and worthless, in fact its the exact opposite. Its just there is a time and place for a 'certain kind' of Bison fan genre to be represented. This is one of those times.Who you callin' "certain kind"?!?! :D

HerdBot
10-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Thank god I am only 39 and can still rip off a set of 60 push-ups. I still have a pretty nice rack. Also, the PC term is "man-boobs." Bitch-tits is more of a reference to the person as a whole, and not just their chest area. As in "Hey, bitch-tits, you have to piss in the porta-potty, not beside it!"

https://bitchtittallytuesday.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/bob-bob-bitch-tits-fight-club-demotivational-poster-1221339257.jpg

Hammerhead
10-06-2015, 04:45 PM
At least we'll have a place to sit down for Sportscenter. It's hard standing in one spot for hours.

Maybe if they served beer, they would get a better crowd on Saturday AM. :)

gumby013
10-06-2015, 04:46 PM
At least we'll have a place to sit down for Sportscenter. It's hard standing in one spot for hours.

Maybe if they served beer, they would get a better crowd on Saturday AM. :)

Combine it with the pancake feed.

Bison Loaf
10-06-2015, 05:20 PM
No absolutely. I didn't mean to say that older fans are terrible and worthless, in fact its the exact opposite. Its just there is a time and place for a 'certain kind' of Bison fan genre to be represented. This is one of those times.

Dammit, I'm throwing caution to the wind and going in there.......at least for a little while, and probably earlier rather than later. I don't care how "lame" I am!

And if I don't come back out in a reasonable period of time, some of you other decrepits (fanette, I'm talkin' to you here) send some brave souls back in to rescue me.

StL Bison Fan
10-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Dammit, I'm throwing caution to the wind and going in there.......at least for a little while, and probably earlier rather than later. I don't care how "lame" I am!

And if I don't come back out in a reasonable period of time, some of you other decrepits (fanette, I'm talkin' to you here) send some braves souls back in to rescue me.

Well, at least tape a sign to your cane!

Bison Loaf
10-06-2015, 05:46 PM
On second thought, I think that maybe this entrance into Snuffy's Sport Center "youth zone" would be more appropriate! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvF-emJDSI&feature=player_embedded

"Listen up! I'm Master NDSU Fan and Tailgater, Bison Loaf. I've drunk more beer, scarfed more sausage, ogled more women, smacked more smack and cheered more champions than all you young Bison brats put together."

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't know you personally (i think), so I'm not sure if you're serious or not...but if you are; getting all bent out of shape about the fact that some things are just left to students and thinking that you should be just as in the spotlight only further proves my point...

Bison 4 Life
10-06-2015, 07:36 PM
If I were going (I keep telling myself I'm not), I would take the extra tailgating time, have some kegs and eggs, watch it on a TV in the lot and be happy I have a beer in my hand and that I have other things to do while watching a 2 hr episode of SportsCenter.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2015, 07:38 PM
If I were going (I keep telling myself I'm not), I would take the extra tailgating time, have some kegs and eggs, watch it on a TV in the lot and be happy I have a beer in my hand and that I have other things to do while watching a 2 hr episode of SportsCenter.

And for me, its eating hot dogs with that other hand.

But yes. That's exactly correct.

HerdBot
10-06-2015, 07:41 PM

I'm coOL with that myself. Who knows maybe they bring a camera to the tailgating lot

Bison03
10-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Students will have to lead this thing, much like Gameday. If you looked at the closest 25% or so at Gameday the past 2 years, it was the college kids because they were the ones up all night in line. But the remaining 75% was non college students. Just crazy Bison fans from age 22-80!! So let the kids get close and be in the shots and lead the craziness behind the desk. But the rest of us can fill up the remaining seats to create an amazing atmosphere.

StL Bison Fan
10-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Students will have to lead this thing, much like Gameday. If you looked at the closest 25% or so at Gameday the past 2 years, it was the college kids because they were the ones up all night in line. But the remaining 75% was non college students. Just crazy Bison fans from age 22-80!! So let the kids get close and be in the shots and lead the craziness behind the desk. But the rest of us can fill up the remaining seats to create an amazing atmosphere.

Correct! .

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2015, 07:58 PM

Think you worded what I'm trying to say perfectly. Have an upvote.

BisonNation11
10-06-2015, 08:08 PM

Yeah... Have the people with canes and walkers climb to the highest rows. This will be good for TV :biggrin:

Bison Loaf
10-06-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't know you personally (i think), so I'm not sure if you're serious or not...but if you are; getting all bent out of shape about the fact that some things are just left to students and thinking that you should be just as in the spotlight only further proves my point...

As a 50+ year old, I'm bent AND out of shape, but hardly "bent out of shape".

I was merely using a time honored tradition of pointing out the absurd with further absurdity. :)

And I promise, I won't seek the spotlight! :rofl: You can rest easy this week. (After all, I'm not Tatanka, for heaven's sake!!!)

CyPanth
10-06-2015, 08:28 PM
As a 50+ year old, I'm bent AND out of shape, but hardly "bent out of shape".

I was merely using a time honored tradition of pointing out the absurd with further absurdity. :)

And I promise, I won't seek the spotlight! :rofl: You can rest easy this week. (After all, I'm not Tatanka, for heaven's sake!!!)

Haven't seen many posts from Tatanka lately. He must be under contract with ESPN and can only make appearances on TV.

Bison Loaf
10-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Haven't seen many posts from Tatanka lately. He must be under contract with ESPN and can only make appearances on TV.

Look for him in the front row of Sports Center this weekend. Right between the two good-looking and YOUNG college babes that are vigorously shaking Bison pom-poms, and right in front of the goofy looking red-headed student that is barfing because there's an older fan in the shot!

56BISON73
10-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I am absolutely shocked that some nimrod hasnt taken up the fight to let the students in the dome early. Why should they wait in line outside over night in the cold? Oh the humanity of it all!!!!!!!!!! Wheres the outrage?????????

HerdBot
10-06-2015, 08:49 PM
I am absolutely shocked that some nimrod hasnt taken up the fight to let the students in the dome early. Why should they wait in line outside over night in the cold? Oh the humanity of it all!!!!!!!!!! Wheres the outrage?????????

Well... high of nearly 80. Lows in the 50s. Couldn't ask for better October weather if you ask me

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2015, 08:53 PM

The dome is password protected from early access.

Unless you wanna buy a Howling Pack membership.

56BISON73
10-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Well... high of nearly 80. Lows in the 50s. Couldn't ask for better October weather if you ask me

The temps arent the issue. THEY HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE. THEY CAMP OUT ALL NIGHT LONG JUST TO GET A GOOD SEAT.
My god man dont you know that shows a lack of planning.

StL Bison Fan
10-06-2015, 09:13 PM
The temps arent the issue. THEY HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE. THEY CAMP OUT ALL NIGHT LONG JUST TO GET A GOOD SEAT.

Who should we call about this!!!!!

HerdBot
10-06-2015, 09:44 PM

I know your being sarcastic since its free and there will be plenty of seats but I think they have done a pretty kick ass job if you ask me. I have to dig pretty deep to find any complaints. The only minor complaint I would have is not wanting over 5k fans because it will be too messy. Find some volunteers.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Find some volunteers.

Well, we found volunteer #1.

runtheoption
10-06-2015, 09:52 PM
I am absolutely shocked that some nimrod hasnt taken up the fight to let the students in the dome early. Why should they wait in line outside over night in the cold? Oh the humanity of it all!!!!!!!!!! Wheres the outrage?????????Let the students stay warm in all the RV's and buses in the GA tailgating line with the 50 year-old, saggy-teet folks.

I am neither poor, nor a student, so I plan on staying in my nice, warm, cozy bed until 4:45 am, and then drive straight into the reserved lot. Higher education worked for me...stay in skool, kids.

56BISON73
10-06-2015, 11:22 PM
I know your being sarcastic since its free and there will be plenty of seats but I think they have done a pretty kick ass job if you ask me. I have to dig pretty deep to find any complaints. The only minor complaint I would have is not wanting over 5k fans because it will be too messy. Find some volunteers.

If there were any outrage I was sure you would have jumped on that bandwagon. Very disappointed.

HerdBot
10-07-2015, 01:41 AM
If there were any outrage I was sure you would have jumped on that bandwagon. Very disappointed.

Only if it would have been warranted. I was expecting them to screw up the tailgating but instead they hit a home run. I'm super excited about the leadership.

MNLonghorn10
10-07-2015, 02:53 AM
Let the students stay warm in all the RV's and buses in the GA tailgating line with the 50 year-old, saggy-teet folks.

I am neither poor, nor a student, so I plan on staying in my nice, warm, cozy bed until 4:45 am, and then drive straight into the reserved lot. Higher education worked for me...stay in skool, kids.
Can't wait to see this 1%er in our 20 dollar school bus. At least you have time for us plebs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
10-07-2015, 03:20 AM
Can mom or dad wait in line for them? We don't want their tootsies to get cold!
By the way. Thanks for the seafood boil and jagbomb in Brookings.

56BISON73
10-07-2015, 03:39 AM
Only if it would have been warranted. I was expecting them to screw up the tailgating but instead they hit a home run. I'm super excited about the leadership.

Bullshit. Damn man cant you just go with the flow?:biggrin:

runtheoption
10-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Can't wait to see this 1%er in our 20 dollar school bus. At least you have time for us plebs

Sent from my SM-N910V using TapatalkSlummin' is my way of staying motivated.

gumby013
10-07-2015, 05:04 PM
UNI is doing their thing over at Vic's.

http://unipanthers.com/news/2015/10/6/PSC_1006151533.aspx

coloradobison
10-07-2015, 05:05 PM
those are some pretty special guests...

MrSnuffleupagus
10-07-2015, 05:22 PM
They have the PRESIDENT going?!

StL Bison Fan
10-07-2015, 05:23 PM

Good thinking on their part. We usually invite some fans in if we see them, but an organized place is always welcome.

BattleBorn
10-07-2015, 05:24 PM
I just bought one of those 9x9 tailgating tents. Any advice on how to prevent it from ending up in Grand Forks?

Bison 4 Life
10-07-2015, 05:24 PM
They have the PRESIDENT going?!

Well, it IS their Super Bowl.

BisonNation11
10-07-2015, 05:32 PM
I just bought one of those 9x9 tailgating tents. Any advice on how to prevent it from ending up in Grand Forks?

Heavy weights that you can die down to. USE THE TIE DOWNS. Weighing down the posts is not enough. If you don't use the tie downs, you'll end up with crumpled pile of aluminum in a couple uses. And keep an eye out to what's going on when you set up and tear down. If it doesn't go smoothly, something is getting caught up and using brute force will just damage it.

FrozenTech
10-07-2015, 05:42 PM

The feet on those things have holes in them. For our tents, we mount them on removable 2x8s, which gave us somewhere to put the weight (used to use a pair of pick ups until we upgraded to an RV) , and then also attach the tie downs to the weight you're using. Adding a foot to the tent bottom helps because it makes it more stable. Its not *necessary* but the first time we ever put up a tent, was one of the windy assed days (Before the big paving) and we put a pick up on each side, and tied down to the wheels with those feet, and while most peoples tents went... places. Ours never moved. I can can see if I have some photos if you're curious on how we set up ours.

Nel360
10-07-2015, 06:04 PM
Cut some 12" x 12" plywood feet. Drill holes attach to legs of your tent. Put cement blocks on the feet. ( I painted them green and yellow) they have held my tent secure!

BattleBorn
10-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Great! Thanks a ton everyone for the advice. I was hoping to use some 45lb plates but I don't think the feet are big enough without some mods.

Jay
10-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Another option: http://www.amazon.com/King-Canopy-INAWB400-17-Inch-Instant/dp/B000LE8KZW/ref=pd_bxgy_468_img_z

BattleBorn
10-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Another option: http://www.amazon.com/King-Canopy-INAWB400-17-Inch-Instant/dp/B000LE8KZW/ref=pd_bxgy_468_img_z

I saw those at Scheels but didn't think the manufacturer understood Fargo wind. Does anyone use these?

td577
10-07-2015, 06:44 PM
24/7/365 tailgating, huh? Let' see...

the Pros:

Non stop 24-7 tailgate fun at the F-dome

the Cons:

Mass loss of jobs of BV members not going to work

Loss of TM memberships/football seats to said BV'ers (that's ok we still can tailgate)

Social services raiding lot to take kids for placement in more "suitable" environment (the 2 and 4 yr old were getting whiny anyway)

Wives eventually leave and go home (that's ok, right?)

Served papers for divorce (does CAS do family law?)

Repo of tailgate rig (that's BS dude!!!)

Left with empty spot and 3 warm beers

It seems the pro's may have it...:)

If you had three beers left, you were doing it wrong.

Bison 4 Life
10-07-2015, 06:47 PM
I saw those at Scheels but didn't think the manufacturer understood Fargo wind. Does anyone use these?

I would say take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it halfway with quikrete and set an anchor into it when mostly set. You'd have about a 35 lb weight, not expensive and with a handle that is moderately stackable.

HerdThat!
10-07-2015, 06:48 PM

Just inform it that is where UND is located, it will likely never step within city limits then

runtheoption
10-07-2015, 06:51 PM
I would say take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it halfway with quikrete and set an anchor into it when mostly set. You'd have about a 35 lb weight, not expensive and with a handle that is moderately stackable.
Exactly what we use. Very quick and easy to set up.

Jay
10-07-2015, 06:54 PM

We do for part of our tent setup. We also have the bucket/quikcrete.

EC8CH
10-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Tie down each corner of your tent with one of these:

http://i.imgur.com/ArjWsb7.png

Luckily in Fargo you can find them in sets of four.

gumby013
10-07-2015, 07:02 PM

I picked up a few cinder blocks from Home Depot for mine. Cheap and effective.

Bison03
10-07-2015, 07:30 PM
Just find some UNI cheerleaders to sit on each corner....

Answer Guy
10-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Just find some UNI cheerleaders to sit on each corner....

Great idea. Bison cheerleaders probably wouldn't fit in a 9x9.

Mr Meaty
10-08-2015, 02:41 AM

All guests enter through the garage door.

TateMosersneighbor
10-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I wonder how many times a person can go from roughly .05 BAC to .15 BAC in a day? This Saturday tailgating might set some records.

Mr Meaty
10-08-2015, 02:11 PM
I wonder how many times a person can go from roughly .05 BAC to .15 BAC in a day? This Saturday tailgating might set some records.

So you are at a .05 everyday????? I start the day at .00.

TransAmBison
10-08-2015, 02:29 PM
So you are at a .05 everyday????? I start the day at .00.You're doing it wrong. Looser.

Bison Fan 17
10-08-2015, 02:36 PM
All guests enter through the garage door.

Didnt Vics host a Whioux party also? Hmmm?

td577
10-08-2015, 02:46 PM

Vic is just trying to make a buck.

BisonNation11
10-08-2015, 02:47 PM

It's easy money from the opposing fan bases and quite the view for their party across the street! :biggrin:

runtheoption
10-08-2015, 02:53 PM
It's easy money from the opposing fan bases and quite the view for their party across the street! :biggrin:From the opposing team's viewpoint, it is a very smart thing to do, similar to our Alumni Association setting up a known gathering spot at our away games.

StL Bison Fan
10-08-2015, 03:00 PM
It's easy money from the opposing fan bases and quite the view for their party across the street! :biggrin:

True. Maybe the others are catching on.
I sure enjoy how the alumni association takes care of us on the road.
I certainly wouldnt let an opposing fan go hungry or thirsty, but some just are comfortable with their own.

td577
10-08-2015, 03:03 PM
From the opposing team's viewpoint, it is a very smart thing to do, similar to our Alumni Association setting up a known gathering spot at our away games.

So if I want to bring a vehicle to tailgate with on Saturday, what is the entire process I need to follow. I have never actually drove into tailgating, I usually find parking and walk around. I will be using general admission tailgating, obviously. There really isn't a guide from beginning to end of what to expect. I am trying to put something together with all the things posted but figured I would just straight out ask from some of the seasoned tailgaters.

Bison 4 Life
10-08-2015, 03:07 PM
True. Maybe the others are catching on.
I sure enjoy how the alumni association takes care of us on the road.
I certainly wouldnt let an opposing fan go hungry or thirsty, but some just are comfortable with their own.

They'll certainly get a good view of your side of the lot.

runtheoption
10-08-2015, 03:20 PM
So if I want to bring a vehicle to tailgate with on Saturday, what is the entire process I need to follow. I have never actually drove into tailgating, I usually find parking and walk around. I will be using general admission tailgating, obviously. There really isn't a guide from beginning to end of what to expect. I am trying to put something together with all the things posted but figured I would just straight out ask from some of the seasoned tailgaters.Assuming you have a vehicle (bus/camper/RV) you can get a few hours of decent sleep in, get in line EARLY and settle in for the night. That is about the only thing I know about the GA lot. Questions for the seasoned GA folks:

1. Do you pay at the lot entrance, or are there workers that will work their way up the vehicle line-up taking money to make things go a little quicker?
2. How many spots can you buy with 1 vehicle?
3. Is it still kind of a mad dash across the lots for folks trying to get their preferred spots?
4. They do allow people to "sleep" in their vehicles that are lined up for the GA lot, right?
5. Is there "mini-tailgate" parties going on in the street all night, or do the cops patrol it pretty hard?
6. Are there still people walking out into the lot prior to the vehicles coming in, with them standing there blocking off spots with coolers and lawnchairs where they want their vehicle to park?

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Assuming you have a vehicle (bus/camper/RV) you can get a few hours of decent sleep in, get in line EARLY and settle in for the night. That is about the only thing I know about the GA lot. Questions for the seasoned GA folks:

1. Do you pay at the lot entrance, or are there workers that will work their way up the vehicle line-up taking money to make things go a little quicker?
2. How many spots can you buy with 1 vehicle?
3. Is it still kind of a mad dash across the lots for folks trying to get their preferred spots?
4. They do allow people to "sleep" in their vehicles that are lined up for the GA lot, right?
5. Is there "mini-tailgate" parties going on in the street all night, or do the cops patrol it pretty hard?
6. Are there still people walking out into the lot prior to the vehicles coming in, with them standing there blocking off spots with coolers and lawnchairs where they want their vehicle to park?

No guy sells tickets before hand all the way back to 15th Ave/28th st. Then after that you pay at entrance

Frisco cruiser nets 6 spots. Cars are probably 2 max

No used to be. Much calmer now

Yes

No

Not allowed. We've taken spots from some legislature 5 group that tried saving a few years ago. Pretty much the most boss move ever. They still parked by us but we got our preferred spot.

FrozenTech
10-08-2015, 03:55 PM
MNLonghorn is pretty much on point. I would *slightly* disagree with his answer to 5. People do grill in the line (we've done it) and there will sometimes be alcohol in evidence. (We put up 2 flags too) But for the most part, yeah. Its *very* low key. Not like a roaring party.

StL Bison Fan
10-08-2015, 04:00 PM
They'll certainly get a good view of your side of the lot.

We'll have Gus give them a wave...

BattleBorn
10-08-2015, 04:04 PM
MNLonghorn is pretty much on point. I would *slightly* disagree with his answer to 5. People do grill in the line (we've done it) and there will sometimes be alcohol in evidence. (We put up 2 flags too) But for the most part, yeah. Its *very* low key. Not like a roaring party.

This is my first week needing two spots. What time do you suspect is a good time to get in line?

Bison 4 Life
10-08-2015, 04:05 PM
This is my first week needing two spots. What time do you suspect is a good time to get in line?

When are you done with work today? :D

BattleBorn
10-08-2015, 04:06 PM
When are you done with work today? :D

Now seems like a good time!

FrozenTech
10-08-2015, 04:07 PM

5 PM on Friday is when the Fargo police start allowing the line up. So - About then.

THEsocalledfan
10-08-2015, 05:18 PM
5 PM on Friday is when the Fargo police start allowing the line up. So - About then.

Only in Fargo..... (meant as both a compliment and criticism)

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2015, 05:57 PM
wait until you see the Frisco Cruiser in line..then get behind them

about the outside party thing...yea some people sit around in circles socializing...but its nothing roaring. not sure how much they care if adult beverages are being consumed at the time or not.

5NDSU8
10-09-2015, 01:11 PM
I've asked this before but never got a serious answer (and I'm ok with that haha) do all vehicles need to stay attended the entire time if parked in line to get in tailgating? (**and will it really start at 5pm tonight??**) Also - how many spots can you purchase in the GA lot, with a rig taking up 2 spots, do they allow 4, or what is the protocol. First time parking in the lot so feel free to give advice!

One other question is generator power - do many of you use gas powered generators for electricity? Thats my only option this weekend. Going to learn for later this year / next year! Thanks

BisonNation11
10-09-2015, 01:18 PM
I've asked this before but never got a serious answer (and I'm ok with that haha) do all vehicles need to stay attended the entire time if parked in line to get in tailgating? (**and will it really start at 5pm tonight??**) Also - how many spots can you purchase in the GA lot, with a rig taking up 2 spots, do they allow 4, or what is the protocol. First time parking in the lot so feel free to give advice!

One other question is generator power - do many of you use gas powered generators for electricity? Thats my only option this weekend. Going to learn for later this year / next year! Thanks

Yes you need to stay attended with your vehicle.

You can purchase up to double the amount of spots your vehicles take up.

Yes, most use a generator. Be kind and bring a quiet one :biggrin:

5NDSU8
10-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Pulled out the Arctic Cat 3000 brand new during the flood of 97.. hasn't been used since.. new oil, gas.. little ether and 2 pulls and she was alive! Its not too loud but I think if all goes well I will be purchasing a Honda sooner than later. Should keep the pork and beans hot and the music loud I hope!!!:hungry:

BYZEN
10-09-2015, 01:32 PM
]

Pulled out the Arctic Cat 3000 brand new during the flood of 97.. hasn't been used since.. new oil, gas.. little ether and 2 pulls and she was alive! Its not too loud but I think if all goes well I will be purchasing a Honda sooner than later. Should keep the pork and beans hot and the music loud I hope!!!:hungry:

Just remember to set your loud generator up on the back side of your rig, next to your neighbors tent....everyone loves it when you do that.:hide:

FrozenTech
10-09-2015, 02:36 PM
**and will it really start at 5pm tonight??**

Yes. People will really start lining up by 5 or 5:30 PM tonight. That doesn't mean you have to line up then to get a spot. But if its *anything* like the UND game (and I'm not sure it will be) earlier is going to be better. I've never seen them turn away rigs before, but they did at the UND game. What I would recommend if you're not sure you want to hang out that long is drive by this evening. See what the line looks like, and make your decision then.

LikeMothers
10-09-2015, 02:50 PM
I am anxious to get on the road but need to occupy this chair at work a little while longer.

http://media.giphy.com/media/UxREcFThpSEqk/giphy.gif

StL Bison Fan
10-09-2015, 02:54 PM
I am anxious to get on the road but need to occupy this chair at work a little while longer.

http://media.giphy.com/media/UxREcFThpSEqk/giphy.gif

Tell them you have explosive diarrea. You'll be out of there pretty quick

Bison Loaf
10-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Tell them you have explosive diarrea. You'll be out of there pretty quick

And, in my case, I wouldn't be lying! So I got that going for me, which is nice!

Meanwhile, these two unrelated notes: I need a new work chair, and I can't wait to get my hands in there and prepare all the food for my group and my guests tomorrow!!

5NDSU8
10-09-2015, 03:12 PM
]

Just remember to set your loud generator up on the back side of your rig, next to your neighbors tent....everyone loves it when you do that.:hide:

My plan is to put it inside the truck box so the sound would be muffled... We will keep the neighbors happY!

BFKasper14
10-09-2015, 03:14 PM
And, in my case, I wouldn't be lying! So I got that going for me, which is nice!

So you're not really Bison LOAF right now is what you're saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devin45k
10-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Some out of town tailgaters are going to be screwed for a spot this weekend.

Bison Loaf
10-09-2015, 03:22 PM
So you're not really Bison LOAF right now is what you're saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl::rofl:

......................more like Bison SOUP, if you catch my drift.

(And BTW, I'm just kidding! I'm completely fine and will be well washed for tomorrow! :))

MNLonghorn10
10-09-2015, 10:23 PM
The line is already going back on 15th towards Newman. This shit was und pt 2. Whoever is out of town and driving in the next few hours will be hard pressed to get a spot

BattleBorn
10-09-2015, 10:36 PM
The line is already going back on 15th towards Newman. This shit was und pt 2. Whoever is out of town and driving in the next few hours will be hard pressed to get a spot

Where's the Frisco cruiser?

MNLonghorn10
10-09-2015, 10:39 PM
28th st between 17th and 15h Ave

BattleBorn
10-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Anyone know what point in line it gets difficult for two spots?

MNLonghorn10
10-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Anyone know what point in line it gets difficult for two spots?
It's past the baseball stadium probably into campus so getting in line now or bust if you're gonna try getting more than 2 spots

BattleBorn
10-09-2015, 11:41 PM
It's past the baseball stadium probably into campus so getting in line now or bust if you're gonna try getting more than 2 spots

I took your advice and got behind the Frisco Cruiser. I'm the last on 18th. 2 shouldn't be a problem.

MAKBison
10-10-2015, 02:26 AM

The line was past newman making its way towards BBF when I drove by an hour ago.

StL Bison Fan
10-10-2015, 02:50 AM
Did a drive through. Nice long line. Waved at the cruiser. Youre not first but youre up there!

MAKBison
10-10-2015, 02:51 AM
Did a drive through. Nice long line. Waved at the cruiser. Youre not first but youre up there!

Looks like a party....seen a guy walking around sharring food.

BYZEN
10-10-2015, 03:06 AM
Looks like a party....seen a guy walking around sharring food.

I think that's BisonLoaf...:rofl::rofl:

MAKBison
10-10-2015, 03:08 AM
I think that's BisonLoaf...:rofl::rofl:

Looked a bit sketchy in a rooffy kinda away

CyPanth
10-10-2015, 03:37 AM
The line was past newman making its way towards BBF when I drove by an hour ago.

So how long is the line? How many vehicles?

MAKBison
10-10-2015, 03:51 AM
So how long is the line? How many vehicles?

I would not even be able to guess. Gotta be just over a mile of lined up rigs. at the Softball complex they are kinda double parked. My best guess, in technical terms..... its more than a zenner...I would say Shit ton

Bison bison
10-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Um. A shit ton is measure of weight, unless you've eaten too much fruit then it may be a unit of fluid volume.

KilldeerBison
10-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Simmers is in the house, won't be long now.

Bison03
10-10-2015, 09:55 AM
All you tailgaters...set up quick and get inside the dome.