PDA

View Full Version : Conference Predictions

Scooter
08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Since the Fall practice starts this week, any thoughts on the records for the Great West teams for this year?

Here's mine.

1. *NDSU- *This is NDSU's year. *And, it's going to be the defense that makes this happen for the Bison. *Look for a lot of games won by more than two touchdowns. *NDSU will get wins over Concordia St Paul, Northeastern, Ball St, Stephen St Austin, Georgia Southern, Mississippi Valley State, Southern Utah, Cal Davis, SDSU, and Cal Poly. *An overall record of 10-1 and a 4-0 conference record will put them at #1.

2. *Cal Poly- Cal Poly is going to breeze through the first four games. *Cal Davis is going to give Poly some troubles, but, look for a win. *Injuries are going to take a toll on Cal Poly this year which will lead to three consecutive losses. *Cal Poly wins will be Fort Lewis, Weber St, Sacramento St, San Jose St, Southern Utah, Cal Davis,SDSU, and Savannah St. *The Losses will be San Deigo State, Montana, and NDSU. *Look for an overall record of 8-3 conference 3-1 and a trip to the playoffs.

3. *Cal Davis- Cal Davis schedule in the first half is brutal. *Davis will be 1-4 but look for them to rebound against Central Arkansas, S Utah, and SDSU. *The SDSU win will be a costly one, though. *Cal Davis wins will be UNC, Central Arkanasas, S. Utah, SDSU, Sac St, and the U of San Deigo. *Losses will be TCU, Montana St, Youngstown, Cal Poly, and NDSU. *Overall record of 6-5 and a Conference record of 2-2

4. *SDSU- *This team is going to be the inigma of the Great West. *A lot of tallent but inconsistent. *SDSU will start off with two wins (huge one over Montana) and then lose the next 5 of 6. *SDSU will go in to the NDSU game at .500 *and a shot to spoil NDSU first conference championship. *There is no way NDSU loses this game. *SDSU wins will be *Wisc Lacross, Montana, Central Arkansas, William Penn, and Southern Utah. *Losses will be Northern Iowa, Nichols St, McNeece St, Cal Poly, Cal Davis, and NDSU. *5-6 overall and 1-3 in conference play.

5. *Southern Utah will not win a conference game. *They will finish with a 3-8 record with wins over Montana Tech, Western St, and Florida Atlantic. *

Look for first team all conference honors to be dominated by Davis and Poly. *NDSU will have three first Teamers and a boatload of second teamers. Still no respect in the awards area for the Bison (Dragosovich will be the second team all conference first team All-American. *Best in the country, but not the conference.)

IowaBison
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
?

NDSU is going to go 10-1?

SDSU beating Montana but losing to Nichols and McNeese?

SUU is going to beat Florida Atlantic but lose to Weber?

Not to be overly sarcastic but do you follow college football?

?

Flintstone
08-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Stranger things have happened. *Lay off the guy for giving his predictions. If you don't agree with him, do your own predictions.

IowaBison
08-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Stranger things have happened. Lay off the guy for giving his predictions. If you don't agree with him, do your own predictions.

Okay.

NDSU will lose at least 2 games this year.

If SDSU beats Montana they will win at least one game between Nichols and McNeese.

If SUU beats Florida Atlantic they will be beat Weber.

Good enough?

GoBears
08-01-2006, 06:48 PM
?

?

LOL I agree, scooter must not follow much college football and that's ok. If SUU beats FAU they should be able to beat most of the other conference members. Also, I don't see NDSU going 10-1. I think you'll lose to Minnesota, Ball State and Georgia Southern and Cal Poly. No smack, just my opinion. As far as the conference order I see it as

1. Cal Poly
2. NDSU maybe UC Davis
3. UC Davis maybe NDSU
4. SUU
5. SDSU

Bison_Dan
08-01-2006, 06:55 PM
?

?

LOL I agree, scooter must not follow much college football and that's ok. *If SUU beats FAU they should be able to beat most of the other conference members. *Also, I don't see NDSU going 10-1. *I think you'll lose to Minnesota, Ball State and Georgia Southern and Cal Poly. *No smack, just my opinion. *As far as the conference order I see it as

1. Cal Poly
2. NDSU maybe UC Davis
3. UC Davis maybe NDSU
4. SUU
5. SDSU

How do you see the BSC and your place?

Scooter
08-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Stranger things have happened. *Lay off the guy for giving his predictions. *If you don't agree with him, do your own predictions.

Okay.

NDSU will lose at least 2 games this year.

If SDSU beats Montana they will win at least one game between Nichols and McNeese.

If SUU beats Florida Atlantic they will be beat Weber.

Good enough?

No, rank the teams and give a prediction of records. *If you don't have the balls to have yourself scrutinized then shut the hell up. *I not only gave my predictions but gave reasons for why I thought this way.
NDSU,Cal Poly,Cal Davis, SDSU and S Utah finishing in that order is by no means LOL material. Let's see you rank 55+ games before the season starts.

GoBears
08-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Here's how I see the Big SKy shaping out.

1. Montana or ISU
2. ISU or Montana
3. MSu
4. EWU
5. PSU
6. Weber St.
7. UNC
8. NAU
9. Sac St.

Scooter
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Here's how I see the Big SKy shaping out.

1. *Montana or ISU
2. ISU or Montana
3. MSu
4. *EWU
5. *PSU
6. Weber St.
7. *UNC
8. NAU
9. Sac St. *

Come on, take a stand! You were wishy washy in your Great West predictions and now you are doing it again in the BSC. It's not like you're going to lose your job if you're wrong.

broke_back_mnt
08-01-2006, 09:32 PM
All I want to know is who is UNC going to beat?

Scooters prediction: ++++++++++*

GoBears
08-02-2006, 02:23 AM
5. *Southern Utah will not win a conference game. *They will finish with a 3-8 record with wins over Montana Tech, Western St, and Florida Atlantic. *

I would like to know why you S.Utah beating Florida Atlantic.

GoBears
08-02-2006, 02:25 AM

Scooters prediction: *++++++++++*

I think UNC will win most of their games at home. We have six home games and we play pretty well at Nottingham. I think we will beat UC Davis, Tx State, NAU, EWU and Montana, maybe throw Idaho State in too.

IowaBison
08-02-2006, 02:28 AM
If you don't have the balls to have yourself scrutinized then shut the hell up.

Whoa, big man.

::)

I pointed out what appear to me to be glaring inconsistencies in your predictions.

Scooter
08-02-2006, 02:44 AM
*If you don't have the balls to have yourself scrutinized then shut the hell up.

Whoa, big man.

::)

I pointed out what appear to me to be glaring inconsistencies in your predictions.

Step up and give a prediction with win-losses for each team in the great west. It won't hurt. I promise. This was intended to be fun. If you are to scared to put your name on a prediction then, yes, shut the hell up.

BTW what is so crazy about predicting that a team that went 2-9 last year (Florida Atlantic) will lose a game to a team from the great west?

IowaBison
08-02-2006, 02:47 AM
BTW what is so crazy about predicting that a team that went 2-9 last year (Florida Atlantic) will lose a game to a team from the great west?

That's not what I posted.

I posted that I believe that if SUU beats FAU then I think they will beat Weber.

That's it.

NDSUstudent
08-02-2006, 02:50 AM
?

1.NDSU is going to go 10-1?

2.SDSU beating Montana but losing to Nichols and McNeese?

3.SUU is going to beat Florida Atlantic but lose to Weber?

?

#1- NDSU could finish 10-1, this is Bohl's most talented team and the only sure loss I see is Minnesota. If we took down Ball St it could really set the tone to a great season and maybe even a 10-1 season.

#2- SDSU has always been an inconsistant team, they played Montana close last year but were destroyed by Texas State. I don't see SDSU beating Montana but if they did I wouldn't be at all shocked if they lost to both McNeese and Nichols. UC Davis beat Stanford last year but still somehow managed to lose to 5 other IAA teams, a win over a great team doesn't garauntee anything.

#3- SUU is going to lose big to FAU and probably to Weber as well, from what I see I don't know why anybody would ever favor or pick SUU over a IA on the road.

IowaBison
08-02-2006, 02:51 AM
any given saturday

NDSUstudent
08-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Here is my Great West Prediction

NDSU

Concordia-St Paul: W-Last time CSP came to the Dome they got a beating and I would look for another thrashing at the Dome.
(1-0)
Northeastern: W-The Bison beat Rocky in a closer then expected game.(2-0)
Ball State: L-This game will be a battle but the Bison fall just short.(2-1)
S.F.A.: W-Bison win a close one in the Texas heat.(3-1)
GSU: GSU couldn't play defense last year and NDSU will show them how it's done this year.(4-1)
Miss. Valley State:W-Bison win and win big on homecoming(5-1)
Minnesota: L-NDSU steps under the big top and earns some repect from Gopher fans by playing Minnesota close but falls by 14. (5-2)
SUU:W-Bison win by 10+ in a sloppy game.(6-2)
Davis: L-The Bison and the Aggies get locked into a GWFC showdown for the ages but fall by TD late in the game.(6-3)
Cal Poly: W-Bison come back strong in the Dome and finally figure out how to beat the Mustangs.(7-3)
SDSU: Bison beat the Bunnies in the dome but the game is close all the way and NDSU is carried by a rowdy home crowd.(8-3)

Bison finish in top 20 and win the GWFC title

SDSU

Wisc. LC: W- Big blowout, rabbits enjoy their big cupcake.(1-0)
Montana:L- The Griz are going to be rock solid this year and SDSU is overmatched in Missoula.(1-1)
Northern Iowa: L-Rabbits lose but they give top 5 UNI a big scare.(1-2)
Nicholls State: W-Rabbits win in the Louisana heat.(2-2)
McNeese State:L-The heat gets to the Rabbits and lose big to McNeese State.(2-3)
Central Arkansas: W-Rabbits welcome the Sugar Bears to IAA and show them how football is played out in the Great West.(3-3)
Cal Poly: L-Rabbits play Poly close but lose a heartbreaker.(3-4)
UC Davis: W-Rabbits score a big upset and win on a last second field goal.(4-4)
Bill Penn: W-Rabbits score at will against the mother of all cupcakes.(5-4)
SUU:W-This game is closer then expected but the Rabbits get the win.(5-5)
NDSU: L-Close but no cigar Jacks can't wait to get the Bison in Brookings.
(5-6)

Rabbits finish 5-6 but rabbit fans are treated to an exciting season against good teams.

UC Davis

UNC: W-Aggies do what all Great West teams did last year, beat UNC.(1-0)
TCU: L-No Stanford for the Aggies this year.(1-1)
MSU:W-UC Davis gives the Bobcats the beating that Cal Poly usually gives them.(2-1)
Youngstown: L-Tough game at a IAA power and Aggies fall a TD short.(2-2)
Cal Poly: L-UC Davis and Cal Poly face off in an epic battle but the Aggies lose a close back and forth game.
(2-3)
Central Arkansas: W-UCA gets roughed up by another Great West team.(3-3)
SUU: W- UC Davis wins big.(4-3)
SDSU: L-The Rabbits take down the Aggies on a last second field goal.(4-4)
NDSU: W-The Aggies win in a Great West instant classic.(5-4)
Sac State: W-Hornets get smacked by the Aggies.(6-4)
USD: L-No schollies=No win for USD and are easily disposed of by UCD.(7-4)

UC Davis finish in 7-4 and in the top 25

Southern Utah

Montana Tech: W-(1-0)
Western State: W-(2-0)
Weber State: L-(2-1)
Texas State:W-(3-1)
Cal Poly: L-(3-2)
McNeese: L-(3-3)
UC Davis: L-(3-4)
NDSU: L-(3-5)
SDSU:L-(3-6)
SIU: L-(3-7)

SUU finishes 3-7 and got as many comments by me as they have fans comment on this board.

Cal Poly

Fort Lewis: W-Big cupcake(1-0)
Weber State: W-Cal Poly wins in a tight game.(2-0)
Sac State: W-Cal Poly keeps on rolling and is ranked in the top 5.(3-0)
San Jose State: W-Poly shows San Jose just how good I-AA is.(4-0)
SUU: W-Cal Poly wins and is now ranked 2nd in the nation.(5-0)
UC Davis: W- The perfect record is put up to a huge test but unlike the past few years the Mustangs take care of the Aggies.
(6-0)
SDSU: W- Rabbits come out of nowhere and almost beat the undefeated Mustangs. Cal Poly holds on to the 2 spot in the national poll.(7-0)
San Diego State:L-The State at the end makes a big difference, Cal Poly loses a tough one.(7-1)
Montana: W-The Mustangs shock the Griz and take the coveted 1 spot away from them as well.(8-1)
NDSU:L- Mustangs lose in a defensive slugfest at the Dome.(8-2)
Savannah State: W- Poly gets back on track and clinches a spot in the playoffs.(9-2)

Cal Poly finishes 9-2, in the top 10 and makes the playoffs.

Final GWFC standings.
NDSU 3-1
Cal Poly 3-1
UC Davis 2-2
SDSU 2-2
SUU 0-5

Scooter
08-02-2006, 03:12 AM
NDSUstudent, not bad. *I enjoyed reading your predictions. *Let's see....You have us beating Cal Polly yet losing three games. *Hmmm.... *Yeah, it could happen.

Anything less than 8-3 for NDSU has to be considered a disappointment given the young tallent and offensive firepower (White, Roehl) that was sorely missed from last years team.

sambini
08-02-2006, 03:52 AM
One game at a time.

GoBears
08-02-2006, 04:48 AM
[quote author=NorthDakotaBison link=1154451373/0#12 date=1154485700][quote author=Scooter link=1154451373/0#6 date=1154466411]

SUU won 1 game at the 1AA level. FAU won 2 games at the 1A level. You figure it out.

SloStang
08-02-2006, 05:11 AM
NDSUstudent, not bad. *I enjoyed reading your predictions. *Let's see....You have us beating Cal Polly yet losing three games. *Hmmm.... *Yeah, it could happen. *

Anything less than 8-3 for NDSU has to be considered a disappointment given the young tallent and offensive firepower (White, Roehl) that was sorely missed from last years team.
He has the Bison losing to two I-A teams one the road and a good Davis team on the road. *Cal Poly has to come to the FargoDome which is one of the harder places for a visiting team to pick up a win in I-AA. *Not only that, Cal Poly will be coming off two road games against San Diego State and Montana when we roll into Fargo. *As a Mustang fan I am more worried about the Bison this year than I-A San Jose State. *If not for an INT returned for a TD, Cal Poly would have lost there two years ago. *I do agree with NDSUstudent, it should be a defensive slugfest and a great game to watch. *Hopefully a game that will decide the GWFC champion.

NanoBison
08-02-2006, 06:32 AM
NDSU 11-0. Nothing more needs to be stated. 8-)
This is our year to shine baby!!!

Bison_Dan
08-02-2006, 11:59 AM

I think UNC will win most of their games at home. *We have six home games and we play pretty well at Nottingham. *I think we will beat UC Davis, Tx State, NAU, EWU and Montana, maybe throw Idaho State in too. *

unc will be 2-9 this year if it's anything like lasts years team I saw.

BisonMav
08-02-2006, 12:03 PM
One game at a time.

Sambini sounds like Don Morton :-?

IowaBison
08-02-2006, 12:51 PM
If not for an INT returned for a TD, Cal Poly would have lost there two years ago.

Thanks for bringing that up, SloStang. :'( :)

rabidrabbit
08-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Here is my Great West Prediction

NDSU

Concordia-St Paul: W-Last time CSP came to the Dome they got a beating and I would look for another thrashing at the Dome.
(1-0)
Northeastern: W-The Bison beat Rocky in a closer then expected game.(2-0)
Ball State: L-This game will be a battle but the Bison fall just short.(2-1) I think Bison pull this tight surprise "upset" (3-0)
S.F.A.: W-Bison win a close one in the Texas heat.(3-1)
GSU: GSU couldn't play defense last year and NDSU will show them how it's done this year.(4-1)
Miss. Valley State:W-Bison win and win big on homecoming(5-1)
Minnesota: L-NDSU steps under the big top and earns some repect from Gopher fans by playing Minnesota close but falls by 14. (5-2)
SUU:W-Bison win by 10+ in a sloppy game.(6-2)
Davis: L-The Bison and the Aggies get locked into a GWFC showdown for the ages but fall by TD late in the game.(6-3)
Cal Poly: W-Bison come back strong in the Dome and finally figure out how to beat the Mustangs.(7-3)
SDSU: Bison beat the Bunnies in the dome but the game is close all the way and NDSU is carried by a rowdy home crowd.(8-3) (9-2)

Bison finish in top 20 (10) and win the GWFC title

SDSU

Wisc. LC: W- Big blowout, rabbits enjoy their big cupcake.(1-0)
Montana:L- The Griz are going to be rock solid this year and SDSU is overmatched in Missoula.(1-1)
Northern Iowa: L-Rabbits lose but they give top 5 UNI a big scare.(1-2)
Nicholls State: W-Rabbits win in the Louisana heat.(2-2)
McNeese State:L-The heat gets to the Rabbits and lose big to McNeese State.(2-3)
Central Arkansas: W-Rabbits welcome the Sugar Bears to IAA and show them how football is played out in the Great West.(3-3)
Cal Poly: L-Rabbits play Poly close but lose a heartbreaker.(3-4)
UC Davis: W-Rabbits score a big upset and win on a last second field goal.(4-4)
Bill Penn: W-Rabbits score at will against the mother of all cupcakes.(5-4)
SUU:W-This game is closer then expected but the Rabbits get the win.(5-5) math correction (6-4)NDSU: L-Close but no cigar Jacks can't wait to get the Bison in Brookings.
(5-6) (6-5)
Rabbits finish 5-6(6-5)
but rabbit fans are treated to an exciting season against good teams.

UC Davis

UNC: W-Aggies do what all Great West teams did last year, beat UNC.(1-0)
TCU: L-No Stanford for the Aggies this year.(1-1)
MSU:W-UC Davis gives the Bobcats the beating that Cal Poly usually gives them.(2-1)
Youngstown: L-Tough game at a IAA power and Aggies fall a TD short.(2-2)
Cal Poly: L-UC Davis and Cal Poly face off in an epic battle but the Aggies lose a close back and forth game.
(2-3)
Central Arkansas: W-UCA gets roughed up by another Great West team.(3-3)
SUU: W- UC Davis wins big.(4-3)
SDSU: L-The Rabbits take down the Aggies on a last second field goal.(4-4)
NDSU: W-The Aggies win in a Great West instant classic.(5-4)
Sac State: W-Hornets get smacked by the Aggies.(6-4)
USD: L-No schollies=No win for USD and are easily disposed of by UCD.(7-4)

UC Davis finish in 7-4 and in the top 25

Southern Utah

Montana Tech: W-(1-0)
Western State: W-(2-0)
Weber State: L-(2-1)
Texas State:W-(3-1)
Cal Poly: L-(3-2)
McNeese: L-(3-3)
UC Davis: L-(3-4)
NDSU: L-(3-5)
SDSU:L-(3-6)
SIU: L-(3-7)
Fl Atlantic U - L (3-8)
SUU finishes 3-78 and got as many comments by me as they have fans comment on this board.

Cal Poly

Fort Lewis: W-Big cupcake(1-0)
Weber State: W-Cal Poly wins in a tight game.(2-0)
Sac State: W-Cal Poly keeps on rolling and is ranked in the top 5.(3-0)
San Jose State: W-Poly shows San Jose just how good I-AA is.(4-0)
SUU: W-Cal Poly wins and is now ranked 2nd in the nation.(5-0)
UC Davis: W- The perfect record is put up to a huge test but unlike the past few years the Mustangs take care of the Aggies.
(6-0)
SDSU: W- Rabbits come out of nowhere and almost beat the undefeated Mustangs. Cal Poly holds on to the 2 spot in the national poll.(7-0)
San Diego State:L-The State at the end makes a big difference, Cal Poly loses a tough one.(7-1)
Montana: W-The Mustangs shock the Griz and take the coveted 1 spot away from them as well.(8-1)
NDSU:L- Mustangs lose in a defensive slugfest at the Dome.(8-2)
Savannah State: W- Poly gets back on track and clinches a spot in the playoffs.(9-2)

Cal Poly finishes 9-2, in the top 10 and makes the playoffs, and proceeds to NC game.
Final GWFC standings.
NDSU 3-1
Cal Poly 3-1
UC Davis 2-2
SDSU 2-2
SUU 0-5

I think that Cal Poly has the horses to get to the National Title Game, and maybe even bring it home. They need to have the better record than the Griz to force the Griz thru SLO, rather than at Missoula. Hopefully they'll be in the quarter or semi - finals as these are likely to be the best two PLAY-OFF ELIGIBLE teams in the west. There's a reason that NDSU has a vote as #1 in the AGS preseason, and it is this scenario. Poly's only loss to a I-AA school is NDSU, and they win the NC, yet don't even win the GWFC. ::)

Still looking for more predictions over at AGS on the Great West Board. Share there as well as here!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9558&page=13

IowaBison
08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I read your prediction of a 9-2 season last night, rabidrabbit.

I'm going to have to stay off these boards for a couple of days; I'm getting more and more optimistic about the Bison winning 8 or more games.

rabidrabbit
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
I read your prediction of a 9-2 season last night, rabidrabbit.

I'm going to have to stay off these boards for a couple of days; I'm getting more and more optimistic about the Bison winning 8 or more games.

Thought those projections lay-out looked extremely familiar ;D I do happen to agree with most of them, and for the reasons listed. Man, eager to get rolling through the season, and participating in the AGS poll! ;)

BisonBacker
08-02-2006, 02:24 PM

I think UNC will win most of their games at home. *We have six home games and we play pretty well at Nottingham. *I think we will beat UC Davis, Tx State, NAU, EWU and Montana, maybe throw Idaho State in too. *

Sorry to burst your bubble but UC Davis and Montana are going in the L column for you guys, no question about that.

GoBears
08-02-2006, 05:13 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but UC Davis and Montana are going in the L column for you guys, no question about that.

Say what you want, but I think we will much better with our new coaching staff.

BisonBacker
08-02-2006, 05:36 PM

Say what you want, but I think we will much better with our new coaching staff. *

I'm not saying you won't be better but then again from last years team Mr. Rogers could have done a better job coaching. I hope you do actually do better but those two games I mentioned (I could easily have thrown in EWU) are going to show you just how far you have to go to actually begin to compete not only in the BSC but in IAA.

CK
08-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I think UNC will have a difficult time stopping UC Davis in week one and actually am not sure how they will stop them. Losing Doughty (the one man wrecking show does not help) This Davis offense could be the best they've had in years.

The Bears have to do a couple things to win that game - no turnovers, and Andre Wilson has to run wild. The Aggies will be breaking in three new backers so UNC has to run the ball all game and run effectively. You have to exploit those backers b/c the line and secondary is very solid.

GoBears
08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
I think UNC will have a difficult time stopping UC Davis in week one and actually am not sure how they will stop them. Losing Doughty (the one man wrecking show does not help) This Davis offense could be the best they've had in years.

The Bears have to do a couple things to win that game - no turnovers, and Andre Wilson has to run wild. The Aggies will be breaking in three new backers so UNC has to run the ball all game and run effectively. You have to exploit those backers b/c the line and secondary is very solid.

Andre is the man but don't forget Patrick Ealy. We sort of have the Lendale White/Reggie Bush, thunder and lightning thing here. Ealy is the most explosive player on offense. As for our defense, we've got some good young athletes in the secondary and our defensive line that was banged up and enexperienced last season, will be better. We've got some guys back that were injured all year and will be back as well as a JC transfer that will help the line. I think we win the season opener but it will be high scoring, maybe 42-35?

Scooter
08-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Andre is the man but don't forget Patrick Ealy. *We sort of have the Lendale White/Reggie Bush, thunder and lightning thing here. *Ealy is the most explosive player on offense. *As for our defense, we've got some good young athletes in the secondary and our defensive line that was banged up and enexperienced last season, will be better. *We've got some guys back that were injured all year and will be back as well as a JC transfer that will help the line. *I think we win the season opener but it will be high scoring, maybe 42-35? *

42 UNC 35 Davis ???* ;D *This coming from a guy that posted "Scooter must not follow much college football." *Let me clue you in on a few things....

1. *In the last four games that UNC played they scored a total of 52 points
2. In the last four games you were outscored 102-52
3. *This is the team that lost to S. Utah last year
4. *This is the same team that lost to NDSU 44-0 last year.
5. *Cal Davis gave up an average of 16.7 points a game last year
6. *The most points that Cal Davis gave up last year is 27
7. *Cal Davis surrendered *14 points to you guys last year.
8. * I hate to tell you this... their defense is going to be just as tough as last year.

So, you guys are going to score three times the amount that you could muster last year while keeping Grant in check without Dougherty? *

Thanks for the laugh.

GoBears
08-03-2006, 01:44 AM
Andre is the man but don't forget Patrick Ealy. *We sort of have the Lendale White/Reggie Bush, thunder and lightning thing here. *Ealy is the most explosive player on offense. *As for our defense, we've got some good young athletes in the secondary and our defensive line that was banged up and enexperienced last season, will be better. *We've got some guys back that were injured all year and will be back as well as a JC transfer that will help the line. *I think we win the season opener but it will be high scoring, maybe 42-35? *

42 UNC 35 Davis ???* ;D *This coming from a guy that posted "Scooter must not follow much college football." *Let me clue you in on a few things....

1. *In the last four games that UNC played they scored a total of 52 points
2. In the last four games you were outscored 102-52
3. *This is the team that lost to S. Utah last year
4. *This is the same team that lost to NDSU 44-0 last year.
5. *Cal Davis gave up an average of 16.7 points a game last year
6. *The most points that Cal Davis gave up last year is 27
7. *Cal Davis surrendered *14 points to you guys last year.
8. * I hate to tell you this... their defense is going to be just as tough as last year.

So, you guys are going to score three times the amount that you could muster last year while keeping Grant in check without Dougherty? *

Thanks for the laugh.

New coach, new attitude for us. That's all I will say. Scooter, I would still like to know how you figure S. Utah is going to beat a 1A team. Could happen, not likely though.

Scooter
08-03-2006, 03:29 AM
Last year Florida Atlantic was ranked in the Saragin ratings at 160. Only North Texas, Buffalo, Kent St, and New Mexico St were ranked lower than Florida Atlantic. Also, there were 44 IAA teams that were ranked ahead of Florida Atlantic. Last year Southern Utah played you guys pretty damn tough and beat you. Didn't you have them (S. Utah) ranked ahead of SDSU in your predictions for the great west finish? Realistically, I think that all three of you(UNC, SDSU, and Southern Utah) could beat Florida Atlantic. Florida Atlantic is one of the Valporaisos of 1A (talking tallent wise, not relating it to scholorships). I can think of about 25 teams in the ranks of DII that could beat Valpo. Why is it such a stretch to predict the same outcome for the bottom of the barrel in 1A? You act as if they are some kind of powerhouse. I could continue, but I think that you get my point.

GoBears
08-03-2006, 04:30 PM
I still would take our chances of beating UC-Davis at home more then SUU beating a 1A team regardless of who they are. I do hope they win that game but not likely. I also forgot that W. Illinois, (a team we lost to because our qb threw an interception at the last second of the game) will come to Nottingham Field. We should beat that team. They graduated their rb who ran all over us in that game.

Scooter
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
GoBears, I hope that you guys do well in the Big Sky. *My gut tells me that this is not your year, hopefully the coaching change will turn things around.

Any other conference predictions?

How about the guys that have over 2000 posts, what do you think?

GoBears
08-03-2006, 04:55 PM
GoBears, I hope that you guys do well in the Big Sky. *My gut tells me that this is not your year, hopefully the coaching change will turn things around.

Any other conference predictions? *

How about the guys that have over 2000 posts, what do you think?

I agree it's not our year, but I don't think we will do as bad as some project.

lucchesicourt
08-04-2006, 03:14 AM
UCD had so many injuries after the game with Stanford, UCD was fortunate to do as well as they did. This year, in game#1, we should be much healthier AND have additional schollie players. This will only add to the quality of the team that played UNC last year. I hate to say it, but UCD's running and passing game should be much better this year. I really don't think the UNC team we played lat year could put many of the same players on the field this year and hang. I hope you guys have lots of new players, because the ones we saw last year, minus those that graduated, will not be able to stop UCD, IMO.

lucchesicourt
08-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Also, remeber UCD beat Stanford last year, NOT Florida Atlantic.

GoBears
08-04-2006, 04:14 AM
We were also really banged up especially on the d-line where we were thin at all year. I don't think we'll stop Grant and Kays, thus it will be a high scoring game but we should be able to put some points on the board as well.

silkamilkamonico
08-04-2006, 07:42 PM
"NDSU could go 10-1 this year".

True. They could also go 5-6. I will take a middle of the road approach and look for a 7-4 season, and be happy with it.

Coach Bohl is extremely excited about the season, and believes this is his most talented team. And that excites me. The guy knows what he's talking about obviously and seems to be genuinely excited about the talent and athletisicm of the players on the team, and the team makeup as a whole.

He has also repeatedly stated that the schedule is the toughest that NDSU has ever seen, and it is somehwat of a "concern" to him.

With that being said, I fully respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I would be a little cautious when I start thgrowing out 10-1 seasons and what not. It doesn't give the team much margin for error, and it's only going to give what could be a very successful season some unnecessary grey clouds.

broke_back_mnt
08-05-2006, 02:53 AM
OK heres my guess. *It doesnt matter what the out of conference record is. *The only games that count here are conference games.

1) *Cal Poly - never go against a champion that is looking good.
2) *UCD - Their fortunes in a lot of ways are tied to Grants. *If they do finish second they are going to lose at least 1 big game.
3) *NDSU - *sure its a tough schedule but they get a chance to put together some conference wins at the end of the season and the home schedule looks good. *They win the league if they beat UCP and UCD.
4) *SDSU - *I think the Jacks will drop 2 of three from the top 3 teams if they lose all three they finish here
5) *SUU - The Thunderbirds are rebuilding and might tie with SDSU.

lucchesicourt
08-06-2006, 09:38 AM
GoBears,

UCD was also banged up last year (since the 3rd game of the year), epsecially at RB. This year our passing game should be much improved, as well as our running game, as most of last year UCD was down to their 4th or 5th RB. It could be a very big offensive year for the Ags, to go with a very strong "D". It's the best receiving core we have had since the JT O'Sullivan era. With an increasing number of schollie players and more speed UCD should be better than last year too!

GoBears
08-06-2006, 11:00 PM
well then, should be a good game

:) :)