PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Game: @SDSU

Pages : [1] 2 3

grizlandbisonfan
09-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Is this years Jacks team legit? As in can Stig lead them to multiple playoff victories?

I didn't anticipate SDSU being particularly formidable this season after the loss of Zenner and Sumner. However, Lujan is likely an upgrade at QB and Mengarelli has had a great start to the season (averaging nearly 8 ypc). Wieneke is a stud, but that was already established. The Kansas win gets the FBS monkey off their back and I would anticipate that after the Robert Morris matchup we'll be playing a 3-0 team with a pile of confidence.

It may not be a stretch that this road game (albeit with a healthy group of Bison fans on hand) will be our toughest conference challenge of the year.

grizlandbisonfan
09-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Also, will they ever schedule Hobo day for an NDSU game? Of the few things Brookings has to offer, that one intrigues me the most.

BISON Thunder
09-15-2015, 03:37 PM
I think the SoDakers will be happy they upgraded their staduim, because I have a feeling they will be hosting multiple playoff games later this year.

ZHerd
09-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Is this years Jacks team legit? As in can Stig lead them to multiple playoff victories?

I didn't anticipate SDSU being particularly formidable this season after the loss of Zenner and Sumner. However, Lujan is likely an upgrade at QB and Mengarelli has had a great start to the season (averaging nearly 8 ypc). Wieneke is a stud, but that was already established. The Kansas win gets the FBS monkey off their back and I would anticipate that after the Robert Morris matchup we'll be playing a 3-0 team with a pile of confidence.

It may not be a stretch that this road game (albeit with a healthy group of Bison fans on hand) will be our toughest conference challenge of the year.

Ha, I see what you're doing here...check pos rep

Bison"FANatic"
09-15-2015, 04:01 PM
Not sold on Lujan barely over 50% against Kansas and his receivers made him look good on plenty of catches. Weinke made his numbers look good

Against UNI and ISU-Red last year 50% or a little above with around 40 attempts per game.

Really won't be tested until NDSU this year. They were only 5 of 14 on 3rd down against Kansas.

Bisonator98
09-15-2015, 04:02 PM

I was impressed with Mengarelli in last years PO game. Even though he had only a few touches he made the most of them. I think they should have used him more last year. Jacks could be very tough this year.

Herd
09-15-2015, 04:10 PM
I was impressed with Mengarelli in last years PO game. Even though he had only a few touches he made the most of them. I think they should have used him more last year. Jacks could be very tough this year.

Defense - better than last year
QB - Not much of a drop off to Lujan
RB - Better depth than in the past, and mengarelli is good.
WR - Better overall this year

Those that were saying that SDSU is rebuilding and will be an easy win are not paying attention. Could be better overall than last year. Last year was a top 5 easy. Ndsu snuck out of the dome with a win . . . we were somewhat fortunate in the playoff game. On the road, that is likely as SDSU win. 2015 will be a heck of a battle.

Bison Loaf
09-15-2015, 04:13 PM

I think a team can fall into the trap of relying too heavily on one single player. That may indeed have been the case with the Jacks the last few years, and I also think that is Stig's personality as a head coach.

I thought our rivals would be down quite a bit this season, but I'm not so sure now. Certainly shaping up, so far, as potentially our toughest remaining game, among many tough ones yet to come.

TateMosersneighbor
09-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Wieneke .vs. CJ Smith will be fun to watch.

The are legit and are (in my opinion) on the short list of teams that can win it all this year.

runtheoption
09-15-2015, 04:20 PM
I watch the highlights of Weinke (and those big receivers that Montana) had, and can't help but wonder what a 6'4" receiver with decent speed and hops would do in our offense. Those big guys in 1 on 1 coverage would have a field day with Walker/Jensen/Wentz/Stick throwing to them.

EC8CH
09-15-2015, 04:21 PM
I see they are running more of that wildcat formation. Hopefully the Bison are better prepared for that this year, and for whatever else that waskelly wabbit Stiggy has up his sweeves.

Bison 4 Life
09-15-2015, 04:23 PM
I see they are running more of that wildcat formation. Hopefully the Bison are better prepared for that this year, and for whatever else that waskelly wabbit Stiggy has up his sweeves.

Good for them. Zach Zenner isn't walking through that door.

tony
09-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Mengarelli looked good against NDSU last year.

TateMosersneighbor
09-15-2015, 04:27 PM
I watch the highlights of Weinke (and those big receivers that Montana) had, and can't help but wonder what a 6'4" receiver with decent speed and hops would do in our offense. Those big guys in 1 on 1 coverage would have a field day with Walker/Jensen/Wentz/Stick throwing to them.

I think we streak Lechler down the field and see what happens.

El_Chapo
09-15-2015, 04:28 PM
cant wait for this REAL RIVALRY!

I will actually be at that one.

Bison Gal
09-15-2015, 04:31 PM
So what will be the Bison game plan against the Bunnies?

Bison Loaf
09-15-2015, 04:34 PM
So what will be the Bison game plan against the Bunnies?

Umm...........I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be "Run the Damn Ball!" :biggrin:

grizlandbisonfan
09-15-2015, 04:42 PM

Before or after we run the jet sweep with a tight end or throw a screen pass to a lineman? It's only crazy if it doesn't work.

moosbah
09-15-2015, 04:43 PM

I think you streak down the field and we see what happens.

ZHerd
09-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Mengarelli looked good against NDSU last year.

He is pretty good as is their QB. Honestly, they have not declined much if at all from last year

KilldeerBison
09-15-2015, 04:55 PM

Remember a few years ago, when Coach Glen used the "streak" in an attempt to distract our team? It didn't work, but was kind of funny.

pucknut9
09-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Looking forward to this one. Be my first game I attend away from Fargo. Carson will have about 30 of his relatives there sporting Wentz tee shirts.

BisoninNWMN
09-15-2015, 07:33 PM
He is pretty good as is their QB. Honestly, they have not declined much if at all from last year

I'm not totally sold on the Jacks yet. They are good but Kansas is bad and SUU is horrible.

We'll see how they do against I'll State, UNI and NDSU.

SDbison
09-15-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm not totally sold on the Jacks yet. They are good but Kansas is bad and SUU is horrible.

We'll see how they do against I'll State, UNI and NDSU. Yeah but, SDSU has a real college stadium now with indoor plumbing............and the biggest scoreboard in the FCS.

THEsocalledfan
09-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah but, SDSU has a real college stadium now with indoor plumbing............and the biggest scoreboard in the FCS.

We need to train you on purple, SD.

Mr Pep Band
09-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah but, SDSU has a real college stadium now with indoor plumbing............and the biggest scoreboard in the FCS.

Is this supposed to be purple?

CaBisonFan
09-15-2015, 08:17 PM
This game has had a circle around it for months. It's one of the great upcoming games in the Valley...and maybe the FCS.

devin45k
09-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Hard to tell.

Like UND

They beat an FBS team that is projected to lose every game this year and then they beat lower tier FCS team. The only difference is they won by a wide margin and UND didn't.

It's hard to gauge. SDSU will be 3-0 when the Bison play them. Robert Morris is only projected to have about 2 wins and one of those wins is against a Division II team.

Every team puts up a good fight when it comes to conference play.

bisonmike2
09-15-2015, 08:37 PM
Hard to tell.

Like UND

They beat an FBS team that is projected to lose every game this year and then they beat lower tier FCS team. The only difference is they won by a wide margin and UND didn't.

It's hard to gauge. SDSU will be 3-0 when the Bison play them. Robert Morris is only projected to have about 2 wins and one of those wins is against a Division II team.

Every team puts up a good fight when it comes to conference play.

They could be 0-3 and I would still consider this to be a tough game. They play hard at home and weird things happen there so I'm not taking anything for granted.

devin45k
09-15-2015, 08:43 PM
They could be 0-3 and I would still consider this to be a tough game. They play hard at home and weird things happen there so I'm not taking anything for granted.

Exactly, I agree with you. They play good at home against us. Homefield advantage is always a huge factor in rivalry games.

I am also superstitious, so I do not travel to Brookings anymore. When I go, we lose!

Mr. Burgundy
09-15-2015, 09:18 PM
I bet they stopped mowing the field in mid August and I am sure Brookings high hosts someone that Friday night.

SDSUAlum08
09-15-2015, 09:36 PM

This is where I'm at too.

SDSUAlum08
09-15-2015, 09:37 PM
I bet they stopped mowing the field in mid August and I am sure Brookings high hosts someone that Friday night.

Better get it out of the way. This will be your last time to whine about it.

Mr. Burgundy
09-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Better get it out of the way. This will be your last time to whine about it.

I agree. just imagine if they could actually move Brookings instead of doing these upgrades? They really could be on to something special. Curious what sports SDSU will cut to do the COA to stay up with the rest of the Dakota's.

Bison Loaf
09-15-2015, 09:54 PM

To be fair, they only pulled the big goats off in mid-August. The little ones are still nibbling around the edges.

BisonHorns
09-16-2015, 12:04 AM
I watched SDSU play and the defense was flying to the ball. They put some devastating hits on some guys. I was really impressed. I have my tickets and will be traveling.

Mr Meaty
09-16-2015, 12:31 AM
I need tickets for this game

89MTBISON
09-16-2015, 12:40 AM
This thread is stupid, we have a huge game this weekend, SDSU will be tough, and if we look past UN_ we could be 1-3 October 4.

MAKBison
09-16-2015, 12:51 AM
This thread is stupid, we have a huge game this weekend, SDSU will be tough, and if we look past UN_ we could be 1-3 October 4.

Please leave UND out of this thread

ZHerd
09-16-2015, 12:53 AM

I didn't realize our forum posting was so instrumental to the team's success...who knew

Ndsu84
09-16-2015, 12:54 AM
I didn't realize my forum posting was so instrumental to the team's success...who knew

Try to stay focused. :)

ZHerd
09-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Try to stay focused. :)

Yep, back to work. Now what is the best way to stop UNI's new offense?

aces1180
09-16-2015, 12:57 AM
I need tickets for this game

I two have two extras and may have more...I'll know in a few days.

89MTBISON
09-16-2015, 01:00 AM
I didn't realize our forum posting was so instrumental to the team's success...who knew

You can post whatever you like. I will start a thread complaining about the music used during the 2015 championship banner raising this weekend.

FFBison
09-16-2015, 01:06 AM

And the second half against Kansas was not a good half for SDSU...maybe there's a chance their true colors showed some as Kansas mounted a comeback.

SDbison
09-16-2015, 01:17 AM
All the bunny love here is so.cute.

DIBISON
09-20-2015, 06:22 AM
This is the most important game on the Bison schedule. It will be like the Montana game but we will find a way to win.

The UND game is over, was a blowout, and it sure didn't seem like a rivalry game. Everyone needs to move on to the games that really matter.

Beat the Jackrabbits!

BisonHorns
09-20-2015, 08:13 PM
I am glad we have two weeks to plan for the bunnies. That should help the defense zero in on their game plan.

Mr Meaty
09-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Big two weeks to make all the adjustments needed. Get youngs guys coached up to be ready to play our rival .

Bisonwinagn
09-20-2015, 11:02 PM
This is likely the best team on our schedule and it will be on the road. Great time for a bye week to get prepared. We will see how much the defense has improved since Montana. Offense needs to step up with no turnovers and need to win the time of possession. This is a huge game obviously.!!

BisoninNWMN
09-20-2015, 11:06 PM
This is likely the best team on our schedule and it will be on the road. Great time for a bye week to get prepared. We will see how much the defense has improved since Montana. Offense needs to step up with no turnovers and need to win the time of possession. This is a huge game obviously.!!

Looks like UNI is getting their shit together also. Two meat grinders in a row!

Professor Chaos
09-20-2015, 11:43 PM
This will very likely be a top 5 matchup in all the major polls assuming SDSU takes care of Robert Morris next week as they should. Neither team has really been tested since close contests in their respective openers so this game should be a good litmus test to find out if SDSU is really the world beaters they've looked like to start the year or if NDSU has gotten things figured out with the defensive turnover. I can't wait for this game, this will be the FCS game of the year to this point.

HerdBoy
09-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Defense - better than last year
QB - Not much of a drop off to Lujan
RB - Better depth than in the past, and mengarelli is good.
WR - Better overall this year

Those that were saying that SDSU is rebuilding and will be an easy win are not paying attention. Could be better overall than last year. Last year was a top 5 easy. Ndsu snuck out of the dome with a win . . . we were somewhat fortunate in the playoff game. On the road, that is likely as SDSU win. 2015 will be a heck of a battle.

Jacks return 9 starters on Defense. Bison secondary will be tested from the get go.

GOBISON123
09-21-2015, 12:54 AM

If you watch the PO game from last year you will know. Their WR (Jake Weneke) vs our CB (CJ Smith) is a tough matchup, their RB was very violent and their CB (Trey Carr) is a 3 star recruit.

tolnabison
09-21-2015, 12:59 AM
If you watch the PO game from last year you will know. Their WR (Jake Weneke) vs our CB (CJ Smith) is a tough matchup, their RB was very violent and their CB (Trey Carr) is a 3 star recruit.

Trey Carr isn't on their roster anymore.

CaBisonFan
09-21-2015, 01:06 AM
As it almost always does...the game in Brookings will come down to turnovers.

GOBISON123
09-21-2015, 02:19 AM
Trey Carr isn't on their roster anymore.

:cheers: Sounds fine to me.

BisonHorns
09-21-2015, 02:45 AM
Will Plankers be a full go? How much better will the o line be with him in the mix?

Bisonwinagn
09-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Will Plankers be a full go? How much better will the o line be with him in the mix?

I thought he was second string? Probably none.

westnodak93bison
09-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Do they still have that cow pasture for a field or did they go to artificial turf?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jack power
09-21-2015, 09:18 PM
Do they still have that cow pasture for a field or did they go to artificial turf?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nope. Just put this down last week:http://www.empiresports.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/empire-sports-CFL-metric-field-magenta-changes-canadia-football-league.jpg

tjbison
09-21-2015, 09:22 PM
bye week to prepare, I like our chances...if they can't run its going to be a long day for the Jacks....it's going to be a good game no matter what

devin45k
09-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Nope. Just put this down last week:http://www.empiresports.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/empire-sports-CFL-metric-field-magenta-changes-canadia-football-league.jpg

Thanks for the seizure

StL Bison Fan
09-21-2015, 09:23 PM

What is this????

Green1
09-21-2015, 10:19 PM

Artificial turf?????? Come on.

Think of your cheerleaders!!! :bunnyb::confused::(:confused::bunnyb:

Bison03
09-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Coach K on Bison feedback just said that because of stadium renovations, there will not be instant replay at SDSU this year.

GOBISON123
09-22-2015, 01:43 AM
bye week to prepare, I like our chances...if they can't run its going to be a long day for the Jacks....it's going to be a good game no matter what

If they can't run and we don't commit any fouls

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2015, 01:54 AM

I absolutely like our chances. Like the Whioux, their resume so far is full of turds. Weineke is the real deal but Zach Zenner isn't walking through that door.

No_Skill
09-22-2015, 02:07 AM
I just hope that GameDay doesn't come out and say that them coming to Fargo depends on a win, like they did last year.

FFBison
09-22-2015, 02:26 AM
I just hope that GameDay doesn't come out and say that them coming to Fargo depends on a win, like they did last year.

We're undefeated when this happens! :)

RowdyRabbit
09-22-2015, 02:57 AM
I absolutely like our chances. Like the Whioux, their resume so far is full of turds. Weineke is the real deal but Zach Zenner isn't walking through that door.

Well I certainly hope not, save for last years playoff he couldn`t do squat vs you guys! Some earlier mentioned our WRs being better overall this year... at this point I disagree. We lost a lot of catches when Schneider graduated....outside of Weineke, we are unproven if anything. Wesley has his moments but continues his knack for dropping catchable balls.

Beating NDSU will be no easy task, and until the scoreboard says otherwise, NDSU is the team to beat.

bruinbison
09-22-2015, 03:07 AM
I absolutely like our chances. Like the Whioux, their resume so far is full of turds. Weineke is the real deal but
Zach Zenner isn't walking through that door.

Looks like Zenner isn't walking through the door just yet against the Bison.
Sam Zenner, that is. No stats for him yet in the 1st two games, so guessing he will redshirt in his first year in Brookings. Also did not see any stats for star QB recruit Taryn Christion.
In the abscence of any Zenners, two RB's split the duties.
5' 10" 195 Soph Brady Mengarelli has 27 carries for 212 yards, 4 td's (7.9 ypc)
6' 1" 200 RFR Isaac Wallace has 33 carries for 144 yards, 2 td's (3.9 ypc)

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2015, 04:08 AM
Looks like Zenner isn't walking through the door just yet against the Bison.
Sam Zenner, that is. No stats for him yet in the 1st two games, so guessing he will redshirt in his first year in Brookings. Also did not see any stats for star QB recruit Taryn Christion.
In the abscence of any Zenners, two RB's split the duties.
5' 10" 195 Soph Brady Mengarelli has 27 carries for 212 yards, 4 td's (7.9 ypc)
6' 1" 200 RFR Isaac Wallace has 33 carries for 144 yards, 2 td's (3.9 ypc)

I know they hope Mengarelli is ZZ 2.0 but he's basically been running against silly putty so far.

I think a reality check is in order.

ndsubison1
09-22-2015, 04:33 AM
31-21 Bison

BisoninNWMN
09-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Both teams know each other really well. It will come down to execution and turnovers.

Bison win a close game.

Mr Meaty
09-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Kicking Cam from 45 yards out for the win. Kicks it right into the billion dollar scoreboard.

GOBISON123
09-22-2015, 12:48 PM
I know they hope Mengarelli is ZZ 2.0 but he's basically been running against silly putty so far.

I think a reality check is in order.

RB Brady Mengarelli played against us last year in the Playoff, unlike Zenner Son of a gun got tuff yards after contact
He is a shorter version of David Johnson

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2015, 01:01 PM
RB Brady Mengarelli played against us last year in the Playoff, unlike Zenner Son of a gun got tuff yards after contact
He is a shorter version of David Johnson

Yes but without ZZ to worry about, they become a bit one dimensional in the run game.

Professor Chaos
09-22-2015, 01:10 PM
According to Kolpack's article this morning it sounds like the coaching staff is considering lifting WR Marqise Bridges' redshirt. Pretty confusing to me since I thought Darrius Shepherd played very well against UND and separated himself as the #3 WR. On top of that they still have Moody, Dimitri Williams, Eric Perkins, and Darius Anderson. That doesn't even include Khayvonn Hawkins and Shadeed Crockett who've both been MIA so far this year. Not sure why pulling another WR redshirt is even in the conversation. There must be more to this story.

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2015, 01:15 PM
According to Kolpack's article this morning it sounds like the coaching staff is considering lifting WR Marqise Bridges' redshirt. Pretty confusing to me since I thought Darrius Shepherd played very well against UND and separated himself as the #3 WR. On top of that they still have Moody, Dimitri Williams, Eric Perkins, and Darius Anderson. That doesn't even include Khayvonn Hawkins and Shadeed Crockett who've both been MIA so far this year. Not sure why pulling another WR redshirt is even in the conversation. There must be more to this story.

nervous about the special teams problems?

StL Bison Fan
09-22-2015, 01:23 PM
Did he get this from the Monday press conference? I didnt hear that.

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2015, 01:30 PM

He was specifically asked if he was done with redshirts and he seemed to indicate he was.

bruinbison
09-22-2015, 01:36 PM

On a related note, in this article Kolpack mentions Dimitri Williams being
held out of practice this week due to an ankle injury
(same for Chase Morlock). Later in the article Kolpack mentions
Dom Davis (true frosh CB) being readied to play, if there
is another injury. I'm guessing it is the same story with
Bridges, if there is another injury he will play, especially
with Williams out short-term with an ankle injury.

BisonNation11
09-22-2015, 01:38 PM

He was asked a direct question about redshirts. Just said they're working him out with the ones. Same thing they did with Allison last year. With a full conference schedule ahead, he said if someone went down and someone was needed, they'd still pretty much have a full season so it wouldn't be so much of a waste of a year. Said Dom Davis is also getting a good look. All it says to me is there's solid depth coming up from the young guns.

FrozenTech
09-27-2015, 08:32 AM
So... I just saw the stats for SDSU against Robert Morris. And I am confused. They won handily - but they did it in the air. 300 yards of passing. Three TD passes. They gave up 228 rushing yards on defense.

I am confused.

I may need to watch that game if its on ESPN3 to get a clear picture because I don't think a team who can't stop the run and *might be one dimensional* can beat the Bison. But sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. Did anyone watch it?

FrozenTech
09-27-2015, 08:33 AM
So... I just saw the stats for SDSU against Robert Morris. And I am confused. They won handily - but they did it in the air. 300 yards of passing. Three TD passes. They gave up 228 rushing yards on defense.

I am confused.

I may need to watch that game if its on ESPN3 to get a clear picture because I don't think a team who can't stop the run and *might be one dimensional* can beat the Bison. But sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. Did anyone watch it?

SDSUAlum08
09-27-2015, 11:50 AM

I am confused.

Robert Morris sold out on the run all game and SDSU came out really flat. I think it's safe to assume they were partially looking ahead to the NDSU game.

Wieneke is a freak though. I think NDSU finds a way to hold him down. Mostly because they're smart enough to realize they have to and NDSU has better athletes overall. Wieneke is 4th in TDs and top 10 overall in receiving yards and he's only a sophomore.

EC8CH
09-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Wieneke is a freak though.

I agree, job #1 for the Bison is that guy.

Bison"FANatic"
09-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Robert Morris sold out on the run all game and SDSU came out really flat.

They didn't sell out to stop the run, the bunny o line was getting manhandled by the RMU Dline. Lots of passes with a defender bearing down on Luzuan. He was actually kind of accurate in those situations.

tjbison
09-27-2015, 12:54 PM
I agree, job #1 for the Bison is that guy.

I think we can afford to double him up

BisonHorns
09-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Finally the junk games are out of the way and the season is here! Can't wait for this game.

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 01:51 PM
They didn't sell out to stop the run, the bunny o line was getting manhandled by the RMU Dline. Lots of passes with a defender bearing down on Luzuan. He was actually kind of accurate in those situations.

our D line is miles ahead of RMU and, quite frankly, anyone else they've played. Hopefully we'll have Lujan running for his life most of the time. We need our best defensive effort to shut that down.

tjbison
09-27-2015, 01:59 PM
our D line is miles ahead of RMU and, quite frankly, anyone else they've played. Hopefully we'll have Lujan running for his life most of the time. We need our best defensive effort to shut that down.

And I would say SDSU has the best o line we will play so far this year also....our D line will need to play much better than they have been to get pressure

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 02:02 PM
And I would say SDSU has the best o line we will play this year also....our D line will need to play much better than they have been to get pressure

OK. best is relative. Clearly SDSU hasn't played great competition. Who knows what our competition is all about? Montana has taken a nose dive but they were still great on that day we played them. If we hadn't lost our minds for 90 seconds, we would also be 3-0 and nobody would be worried about this.

If SDSU was getting manhandled by RMU, they won't likely be the best we have played all season.

EC8CH
09-27-2015, 02:08 PM
I'll say this, I expect this game to be closer than I did at the start of the season. SDSU has done a good job reloading after losing a lot of talent from last season.

BFKasper14
09-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Weineke is the real deal. I think if we can stop him, we will win. I can't believe he is only a sophomore. It'll be interesting to see what their D can bring at us. They have looked ok but they've played some shitty teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
09-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Should be a whale of a game. We will need CJ's best effort to limit Wieneke's production. Need the Dline to get pressure on Lujan. Our offense needs to control the ball with sustained drives and finish with TD's. Keep the Rock in Fargo! Go Bison!!

tjbison
09-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Are going for 8 or 9 straight wins?

BisoninNWMN
09-27-2015, 05:55 PM

8 I think.

Lost in 09 then 5 straight plus 2 playoff games.

GOBISON123
09-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Weineke is the real deal. I think if we can stop him, we will win. I can't believe he is only a sophomore. It'll be interesting to see what their D can bring at us. They have looked ok but they've played some shitty teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just Weineke their RB Brady Mengarelli is equally dangerous. He has a great balance and he is hard to stop. His current average is 5.2 yards per carry and against Kansas Jayhawks, he averaged 7 yards per carry :facepalm:

Bison 4 Life
09-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Not just Weineke their RB Brady Mengarelli is equally dangerous. He has a great balance and he is hard to stop. His current average is 5.2 yards per carry and against Kansas Jayhawks, he averaged 7 yards per carry :facepalm:
You could average 5 ypc against Kansas

GOBISON123
09-27-2015, 06:06 PM
You could average 5 ypc against Kansas

That is true, it appears as though Brady Mengarelli is their Chase Morlock. 5.2 yards per carry overall is pretty good.

SDSUAlum08
09-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Either way it's going to be a really fun game to watch. Good luck!

MAKBison
09-27-2015, 08:57 PM
He was specifically asked if he was done with redshirts and he seemed to indicate he was.

On his Monday night radio show CK essentialy inidcated unless there was an injury all the red shirts were lifted

MAKBison
09-27-2015, 08:59 PM

I am confused.

I listed to the game, it sound like SDSU could not get the run game going.

I was able to watch some of their other games and My observation was they looked like most Jacks teams we have come accustomed to see and expect...nothing special. but a solid team.

FFBison
09-27-2015, 09:22 PM

I am confused.

Tried to, but for some reason its wasn't on ESPN3 even though the network indicated it was going to be. Not sure if it has anything to do with the new construction or not but have heard there won't be replay review this year at SDSU due to construction. I know the MVFC officials won't be as inept and overmatched like that group in the playoffs was last year.

EC8CH
09-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Tried to, but for some reason its wasn't on ESPN3 even though the network indicated it was going to be. Not sure if it has anything to do with the new construction or not but have heard there won't be replay review this year at SDSU due to construction. I know the MVFC officials won't be as inept and overmatched like that group in the playoffs was last year.

Oh god I hope not. Without instant replay to overturn that tipped pass call, I'd still be looking for my shit it would have been lost so hard.

ndsubison1
09-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Still predicting 31-21 Bison.

tjbison
09-28-2015, 02:37 AM
The bison haven't seen an O-line or defense as good as ours and it's obvious that Weineke is the best WR in FCS. I think their WR's are pretty underwhelming, their defense was bad against MT and play 4 RB's. Get to Wentz early and often and I think it could be a long day for their offense.

Sdsu fans take.....I think He derson at MT and the other dude would like a word with him

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 02:51 AM
Sdsu fans take.....I think He derson at MT and the other dude would like a word with him

lol Kansas.

bisonmike2
09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Saw highlights of the bunny/rmu game. Weineke is a stud. Apparently rmu's d backs are all 5 foot 120 lbs or Weineke is a monster. Who's idea was it in our staff to not recruit him? Other than him, nothing really stood out. Oh, and the field looked like shit. Cmon bunnies, put some field turf in already.

MNLonghorn10
09-28-2015, 11:47 AM

I cant count that high

Mr Meaty
09-28-2015, 01:22 PM
After the game on Saturday, the bunnies can climb back down the rabbit hole they live in. Bison roll them.

HerdBot
09-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Saw highlights of the bunny/rmu game. Weineke is a stud. Apparently rmu's d backs are all 5 foot 120 lbs or Weineke is a monster. Who's idea was it in our staff to not recruit him? Other than him, nothing really stood out. Oh, and the field looked like shit. Cmon bunnies, put some field turf in already.

Weineke is a 6-5 Monster. We apparently went after Dee Gray over 600 miles away instead when we had the talent right in Minnesota. He wasnt highlly recruited eithet. That is what you call a huge miss. Like playing darts and you hit the wall or accidentally hit the hot chick in the tits. I'm hopeful Engel can be that tall receiver.

56BISON73
09-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Weineke is a 6-5 Monster. We apparently went after Dee Gray over 600 miles away instead when we had the talent right in Minnesota. He wasnt highlly recruited eithet. That is what you call a huge miss. Like playing darts and you hit the wall or accidentally hit the hot chick in the tits. I'm hopeful Engel can be that tall receiver.

SOOoooooooo every other school in the USA missed him also.

Mr. Burgundy
09-28-2015, 04:05 PM

I have said this a million times....but since you like to repeat this topic OVER AND OVER AND OVER....I once had the opportunity to listen to Dr. Osborne speak. He said that if you can hit on 55% of a recruiting class, you are doing awesome. He considered HITTING on a recruit by them being a consistent contributor. Even if it was special teams. The laundry list is long on both hits and misses. A prior staff made the evaluation. He had a broken arm at our camp and couldn't compete. He is a great kid and an even better player if that is possible. I am looking forward to watching one of the best WR's in college football play this weekend. You win some, you lose some. I would say we have done pretty well over the years in the great state of MN.

HerdThat!
09-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Foreshadowing??...... Bison walk out of SD with a win in the moonlight

http://twitter.com/Piclogy/status/648372568538411008/photo/1

BISONBRI53
09-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Watched some of the game off and on... Their receivers made some sick catches... RM DB's were pretty bad and made Weineke look pretty good... from what I saw RM Dline Shut down their run game. Had some big boys up front for RM.

StL Bison Fan
09-28-2015, 06:14 PM
We are not going to do anything in Brookings unless we have a look alike thread!!!!!
Tatanka, where art thou?

Mr Meaty
09-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Here is a question for some to answer. Are the Bunnies for real this year compared to the Easter Bunny? I still think the Easter Bunny is more believable than the Jacks being a great team this year.

56BISON73
09-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Here is a question for some to answer. Are the Bunnies for real this year compared to the Easter Bunny? I still think the Easter Bunny is more believable than the Jacks being a great team this year.

I would not underestimate them.

BisonNation11
09-28-2015, 07:18 PM

I was listening to the Jack Michaels show over lunch and Pinto made some great points. Teams this year are averaging 213 yards rushing/game vs. the bunnies. RMU had 271 yards of offense on Saturday. 228 came on the ground... They've given up 155 more yards rushing than they have done themselves on virtually the same amount of carries. My favorite stat is they are giving up 5.4 yards/rush. They haven't even played anyone in the MVFC yet... They are relying heavily on the pass game gaining them yards, averaging around 35 attempts/game. They do balance that out with around 39 rushing attempts averaging 4.1 yards/rush so making them one dimensional can be difficult. However, considering their opponents and the scores, I'm betting once they got up on their opponents, it went to more of a ground game. Keep the safeties back, let the front 4 own the line and this should be a somewhat difficult but positive road win. Look for the run game to explode.

tjbison
09-28-2015, 07:24 PM
I was listening to the Jack Michaels show over lunch and Pinto made some great points. Teams this year are averaging 213 yards rushing/game vs. the bunnies. RMU had 271 yards of offense on Saturday. 228 came on the ground... They've given up 155 more yards rushing than they have done themselves on virtually the same amount of carries. My favorite stat is they are giving up 5.4 yards/rush. They haven't even played anyone in the MVFC yet... They are relying heavily on the pass game gaining them yards, averaging around 35 attempts/game. They do balance that out with around 39 rushing attempts averaging 4.1 yards/rush so making them one dimensional can be difficult. However, considering their opponents and the scores, I'm betting once they got up on their opponents, it went to more of a ground game. Keep the safeties back, let the front 4 own the line and this should be a somewhat difficult but positive road win. Look for the run game to explode.

exactly....not saying SDSU isnt a good team..they have earned that but without Zenner to watch for it opens up the pass d to be more loose imo

Mr. Burgundy
09-28-2015, 07:35 PM

Did I hear that Robert Morris had only 4 completions? They ran for 228 yards and only had 4 completions? So you didn't have to respect their pass and gave up that many yards rushing?

Bison"FANatic"
09-28-2015, 07:36 PM
The bunnies will complete some passes but we have to limit the YAC. This is especially true on Wienke. If he catches it hit him HARD and wrap up and finish or hold him till reinforcements come. They do a nice job of sneaking the TE out for a nice gain. Get to Lujuan and hit him HARD and OFTEN, he will get skittish.

We will run on them and limit their running and we will be able to do it without bringing a safety down except when they run the wildcat.

You can't turn the ball over on the road.

The silly wabbits continue to try and return crazy punts they should not. We need to be on point on every punt.

IF we played the Bunny schedule we would be undefeated, rated #1 and the rest of FCS would be talking how we run away with the 5th in a row. Perception and reality of the Bunnies is not the same after watching 2 of their 3 games.

We take it 34 - 17.

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2015, 07:39 PM
I also heard Pinto's remarks on their run defense. The Bison will move the ball. Being able to run and pass is huge. Plus the Jacks have to defend against CW's running threat.

This will be a tough road game but one the Bison can win.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Here's a visual representation for you.

http://cf.juggle-images.com/matte/white/280x280/north-dakota-state-bisons-alternate-logo-3-primary.jpg http://www.decodeunicode.org/en/data/glyph/196x196/003D.gif http://www.sunsetjams.com/uploads/7/4/1/6/7416502/8207004.jpg?250

https://en.wiki2.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/12/SD_Jackrabbits_logo.png/im264-SD_Jackrabbits_logo.png http://www.decodeunicode.org/en/data/glyph/196x196/003D.gif http://www.zillow.com/blog/files/2011/06/Joey-mug.jpg

As it was, as it always will be.

coloradobison
09-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Pinto making a good point is newsworthy.

BisonNation11
09-28-2015, 07:57 PM
Did I hear that Robert Morris had only 4 completions? They ran for 228 yards and only had 4 completions? So you didn't have to respect their pass and gave up that many yards rushing?

Passing went 4/17 for 43 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT with a long of 25 yards... 38 rushes for 228 yards or a whopping 6 yards/carry with a long of 54 yards... Also on the wrong end of the turnover battle 5-2*.

*Season stat, not just the RMU game where they were on the wrong end 2-1

17>1
09-28-2015, 08:02 PM
These games seem to be won or lost in the trenches. I've seen some flashes from our Dline in the last 2 games, but can they get pressure on the QB with a MVFC line in front of them? If we can get pressure on Lujan, I like our chances. I've been confident in our offense since before the season started and that hasn't changed, so I still think we run the ball effectively.

CAS4127
09-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Passing went 4/17 for 43 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT with a long of 25 yards... 38 rushes for 228 yards or a whopping 6 yards/carry with a long of 54 yards... Also on the wrong end of the turnover battle 5-2*.

How do we know the Jacks didn't try and succeed in making RMU one dimensional, with the game plan that the Jacks could outscore them if RMU could only run and not pass?

Just asking, not arguing.

wow
09-28-2015, 08:15 PM

Maybe I'm mixed up on something, but Lujan has thrown 2 interceptions and we haven't fumbled once. We have intercepted our opponents 3 times and recovered 2 of their fumbles. SDSU is winning the turnover battle for the season 5-2, no?

NDSUBowler
09-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Here's a visual representation for you.

http://cf.juggle-images.com/matte/white/280x280/north-dakota-state-bisons-alternate-logo-3-primary.jpg http://www.decodeunicode.org/en/data/glyph/196x196/003D.gif http://www.sunsetjams.com/uploads/7/4/1/6/7416502/8207004.jpg?250

https://en.wiki2.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/12/SD_Jackrabbits_logo.png/im264-SD_Jackrabbits_logo.png http://www.decodeunicode.org/en/data/glyph/196x196/003D.gif http://www.zillow.com/blog/files/2011/06/Joey-mug.jpg

As it was, as it always will be.

I feel like someone watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine last night...

BisonNation11
09-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Maybe I'm mixed up on something, but Lujan has thrown 2 interceptions and we haven't fumbled once. We have intercepted our opponents 3 times and recovered 2 of their fumbles. SDSU is winning the turnover battle for the season 5-2, no?

I could have read the stat wrong. Busy Monday. And for the hell of it, Ginger Jesus has 0 INT's... :biggrin::duel::biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 08:31 PM
I feel like someone watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine last night...

This afternoon, actually.

NDSUBowler
09-28-2015, 08:32 PM
This afternoon, actually.

I appreciate any and all B99 references at any time.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 08:34 PM
I appreciate any and all B99 references at any time.

To be fair, the Jacks were kind of asking for it.

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/joey+fatone.jpg

Mr Meaty
09-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Do we have to bring our own pillows for the pillow fight this weekend? Maybe the record can be broken. :rofl:

jacksfan29
09-28-2015, 09:03 PM
IF we played the Bunny schedule we would be undefeated, rated #1 and the rest of FCS would be talking how we run away with the 5th in a row. Perception and reality of the Bunnies is not the same after watching 2 of their 3 games.

We take it 34 - 17.

NDSU 2 - 1
Loss to an below average UM in Missoula (35-38)
Beat a really bad Weber State team (41-14)
Beat an even worse UND team (34-9)

SDSU 3 - 0
Beat a bad Kansas (P5) team in Kansas (41-38)
Beat a bad SUU team (55-10)
Beat a bad RMU team (34-10)

I guess I'm confused, is Montana who makes your schedule so awesome? The Montana who has now lost to Liberty (a team pummeled by SIU) and Cal Poly who UNI rolled in California. Is it the two BSC bottom feeders you beat in Fargo? Sorry, SUU > Weber and RMU = or > better than UND.

I'm not sure what will happen Saturday since neither team has really played anyone but the "had we played their schedule" comment is pretty laughable.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 09:09 PM
NDSU 2 - 1

SDSU 3 - 0

I guess I'm confused, is Montana who makes your schedule so awesome? The Montana who has now lost to Liberty (a team pummeled by SIU) and Cal Poly who UNI rolled in California. Is it the two BSC bottom feeders you beat in Fargo? Sorry, SUU > Weber and RMU = or > better than UND.

I'm not sure what will happen Saturday since neither team has really played anyone but the "had we played their schedule" comment is pretty laughable.

Everybody says that Montana team is below average. That team on that day could have beaten a lot of tems, including SDSU. They are better than the Kansas team that SDSU barely beat (I was there, you were hanging on for dear life). Nobody knew how Bob's Tits team was going to be, and we were back on our heels.

Montell Cozart couldn't start for any team in the MVFC. He is an athlete but a terrible QB. If Brady Gustafson had been QB at Kansas, you would have lost that game by 2 TDs

Bison03
09-28-2015, 09:19 PM
I think both teams are pretty similar right now. They have both done as expected to the cupcakes on their schedule. Beating a bad Kansas teams is still beating a Big 12 team in their house. We claim a 3 point win vs a bad Kansas team as a great accomplishment as well so you can't take anything away from that win. It should be close game like it always seems to be.

wow
09-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Everybody says that Montana team is below average. That team on that day could have beaten a lot of tems, including SDSU. They are better than the Kansas team that SDSU barely beat (I was there, you were hanging on for dear life). Nobody knew how Bob's Tits team was going to be, and we were back on our heels.

Montell Cozart couldn't start for any team in the MVFC. He is an athlete but a terrible QB. If Brady Gustafson had been QB at Kansas, you would have lost that game by 2 TDs

Legitimately made me LOL.

Mr Meaty
09-28-2015, 09:23 PM
SDSU is going to need more than a "lucky" rabbits foot to win this game. Carson will be 20-24 for 269 with 2 TD, King will be 12-120 1 TD, Chase 10-95, Dunn 7-100 1td and Anderson 3 for 85 1 td. Defense with a pick and a fumble recovery.

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Hard to understand I see. Montana played a really good game which the Bison could have won. On that day the Griz would have beat most FCS teams, if not all.

Jacks run defense looks soft this year so far. Bison need to exploit that.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 09:30 PM
SDSU is going to need more than a "lucky" rabbits foot to win this game. Carson will be 20-24 for 269 with 2 TD, King will be 12-120 1 TD, Chase 10-95, Dunn 7-100 1td and Anderson 3 for 85 1 td. Defense with a pick and a fumble recovery.

This. they can throw 100 times to Weinke, it's not going to help them against the best QB they will see all season.

17>1
09-28-2015, 09:31 PM

Me too! I'm still pissed we lost that game, and definitely don't feel Montana beat us. Piss poor clock management at the end of that game by our coaching staff cost us the opportunity to escape with a win. Our defense with 8 new starters against an unknown high tempo offense still made enough plays for us to win that game, but we all know how it turned out. I'm not going to discredit anything the Jacks have done thus far. We rave about our FBS wins yet tell the Jacks and UND to settle down when they get excited about theirs. Douchy Bison fans make our fan base look like arrogant A-holes. Except for the 20-0 "Zenner" game, most matchups as of late have been dogfights and I expect nothing less.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Me too! I'm still pissed we lost that game, and definitely don't feel Montana beat us. Piss poor clock management at the end of that game by our coaching staff cost us the opportunity to escape with a win. Our defense with 8 new starters against an unknown high tempo offense still made enough plays for us to win that game, but we all know how it turned out. I'm not going to discredit anything the Jacks have done thus far. We rave about our FBS wins yet tell the Jacks and UND to settle down when they get excited about theirs. Douchy Bison fans make our fan base look like arrogant A-holes. Except for the 20-0 "Zenner" game, most matchups as of late have been dogfights and I expect nothing less.

WTF? I saw both of those games in person I know what happened in each. As I said, if Brady Gustafson were the QB at KU that day, it wouldn't have been close.

BisManBison
09-28-2015, 09:44 PM
What has SDSU lost from last years defense? Offensive line?

mango
09-28-2015, 09:51 PM
WTF? I saw both of those games in person I know what happened in each. As I said, if Brady Gustafson were the QB at KU that day, it wouldn't have been close.

Well, he wasn't so not sure why it matters...

tjbison
09-28-2015, 09:56 PM
what's fun about SDsU week.....the smack is worth something as they actually are good unlike that shit show 2 weeks ago

Bison"FANatic"
09-28-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm not going to discredit anything the Jacks have done thus far. We rave about our FBS wins yet tell the Jacks and UND to settle down when they get excited about theirs. Douchy Bison fans make our fan base look like arrogant A-holes.

You do realize how truly bad the Kansas football team is this year, right. They were barely at 60 scholly players in August and that was counting some walk on's. They are truly that bad. Yep it is a FBS win but if you watch college football at all besides the FCS division you should realize how awful Kansas is this year, they are a program that was driven into the ground. Sold out with JUCO's and it is biting them hard now.

EC8CH
09-28-2015, 10:10 PM
SDSU appears to be very wary of running their QB as well so far this year as their backup situation is sketchy. Will be interesting if they cut him lose against the Bison and throw caution to the wind and if he has the talent to run the ball. Sumner was never really a running threat either though.

ndsubison1
09-28-2015, 10:15 PM
NDSU 2 - 1

SDSU 3 - 0

Isnt Montana's QB injured? Anyways, that game was on the road, missing our most experienced and best secondary defender. The defense was a mess, but theyre young.

SanDakotaState
09-28-2015, 10:18 PM
You do realize how truly bad the Kansas football team is this year, right. They were barely at 60 scholly players in August and that was counting some walk on's. They are truly that bad. Yep it is a FBS win but if you watch college football at all besides the FCS division you should realize how awful Kansas is this year, they are a program that was driven into the ground. Sold out with JUCO's and it is biting them hard now.

And SDSU won, so I don't see what the problem is. It's a P5 win and that is all that it is. Did SDSU almost blow the game in the 2nd half? Yep, but they made plays when it mattered and got the "W".

17>1
09-28-2015, 10:19 PM

Yeah, I get that. But, how many times have we heard over the last 10 years that some of our FBS wins were against really bad teams? A lot! And then we get all butthurt and argue with those that say it until we're blue in the face. It seems awfully hypocritical to turn around and do it to other schools. Coach K says that going out and winning any college football game is not an easy thing to do. Sure, that's probably a little bit of coach speak, but there's truth to it. How about we talk about the challenge of how the Bison are going to win on Saturday, against a team that regardless of record usually plays us pretty tough. Not trying to piss anyone off, but having confidence in our team and being arrogant jerks are two different things in my book.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I get that. But, how many times have we heard over the last 10 years that some of our FBS wins were against really bad teams? A lot! And then we get all butthurt and argue with those that say it until we're blue in the face. It seems awfully hypocritical to turn around and do it to other schools. Coach K says that going out and winning any college football game is not an easy thing to do. Sure, that's probably a little bit of coach speak, but there's truth to it. How about we talk about the challenge of how the Bison are going to win on Saturday, against a team that regardless of record usually plays us pretty tough. Not trying to piss anyone off, but having confidence in our team and being arrogant jerks are two different things in my book.

Still trying to understand why not overestimating SDSU because of a P5INO win is cocky or arrogant.

jack power
09-28-2015, 10:23 PM
Slow down, chief. It's only Monday. Try to let that hate slowly flow through you.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 10:27 PM
Slow down, chief. It's only Monday. Try to let that hate slowly flow through you.

Please, tell us how we should act during the national anthem.

SanDakotaState
09-28-2015, 10:30 PM

I would say with respect. However you want to show that is on you.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 10:35 PM

I firmly believe in freedom, you know...what the flag stands for?

17>1
09-28-2015, 10:36 PM
Still trying to understand why not overestimating SDSU because of a P5INO win is cocky or arrogant.

Still trying to understand how you don't understand my point yet. Saying their schedule is weak after comparing it to ours (which doesn't seem like anything special at this point), belittling their FBS win even if it was over a poor Kansas team, and then saying Montana would've beaten them that day in Missoula.....just comes across as someone that is either uneducated in the game of football or just plain hates everything about the Jacks, and you can't think clearly beyond that hatred. If you don't want to give them any credit then fine, I won't convince you otherwise. But I've been to a few games down in Brookings where we were the favorites, and came away with a loss.

EC8CH
09-28-2015, 10:37 PM
I firmly believe in freedom, you know...what the flag stands for?

http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/images_products/ndsu_bison_nation_flag_81342sma.jpg

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 10:39 PM
Still trying to understand how you don't understand my point yet. Saying their schedule is weak after comparing it to ours (which doesn't seem like anything special at this point), belittling their FBS win even if it was over a poor Kansas team, and then saying Montana would've beaten them that day in Missoula.....just comes across as someone that is either uneducated in the game of football or just plain hates everything about the Jacks, and you can't think clearly beyond that hatred. If you don't want to give them any credit then fine, I won't convince you otherwise. But I've been to a few games down in Brookings where we were the favorites, and came away with a loss.

I didn't say their schedule was weak. I just said their 3-0 isn't miles ahead of our 2-1, which seems to be their consensus opinion.

As I said a million times, I give zero shits about whether they are a FBS team or not. Did you watch that game? Have you not heard about their desperate lack of scholarship players? Talk about coming off uneducated (your word, not mine)

ZHerd
09-28-2015, 10:49 PM
NDSU 2 - 1

SDSU 3 - 0

Good post. I typically hate excuse making but I do think the Montana game was an aberration and that we will roll them if we meet again. Both teams have clearly been on a different level than the 4 week FCS opponents they have played. In that sense the schedule comparison shows that both teams are a lot better than bad teams. Sat will be interesting.

jack power
09-28-2015, 11:09 PM

Would it do any good?

Anyway,a couple of years ago i took my dad to an UND game in Grand Forks. After they did their little chant at the end of the Anthem,he says; " These idiots do the same shit as those other idiots from down the road......makes sense." I got a chuckle out of that. cs/b

17>1
09-28-2015, 11:10 PM
I didn't say their schedule was weak. I just said their 3-0 isn't miles ahead of our 2-1, which seems to be their consensus opinion.

As I said a million times, I give zero shits about whether they are a FBS team or not. Did you watch that game? Have you not heard about their desperate lack of scholarship players? Talk about coming off uneducated (your word, not mine)

Maybe I am the uneducated one, I apologize for my statement. I didn't see the game except for the last couple of minutes. I still stand by everything else I've said up to this point. I know I'm out of my element in arguing with you because you love this type of stuff, based upon what I know of your posting history. The conversation seems to be turning toward the annual national anthem discussion which will be right up your alley. I'll yield and let you carry on.

CAS4127
09-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Would it do any good?

Anyway,a couple of years ago i took my dad to an UND game in Grand Forks. After they did their little chant at the end of the Anthem,he says; " These idiots do the same shit as those other idiots from down the road......makes sense." I got a chuckle out of that. cs/b

Well, yelling "Home of the Jackrabitts" doesn't really roll of the tongue and clearly doesn't have any authority to it, so I can see why you guys can't do it and are jealous that other teams can and that it sound cool/good.

Deal with it!!

Sent from my iPhone.

tjbison
09-28-2015, 11:15 PM
Would it do any good?

my god, would you guys let it go.....same shit different year

we all know that SDsU has the most respectful, non arrogant, modest fans in the world

except out on the town in shithole Brookings after a beatdown...then they spit, throw things, clall names etc to visiting fans, yes I had it done to me last time and it's the reason I will not give SDSU my money for 16 tickets this year or ever again. so you guys can stop with the perfect fan angle, it was the worst away game treatment I've ever had

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Well, yelling "Home of the Jackrabitts" doesn't really roll of the tongue and clearly doesn't have any authority to it, so I can see why you guys can't do it and are jealous that other teams can and that it sound cool/good.

Deal with it!!

Sent from my iPhone.

they do it in Kansas City for the Chiefs too. In fact, they yell home of the Chiefs at Royals games.

They figure by starting early they'll shame us into changing something.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Maybe I am the uneducated one, I apologize for my statement. I didn't see the game except for the last couple of minutes. I still stand by everything else I've said up to this point. I know I'm out of my element in arguing with you because you love this type of stuff, based upon what I know of your posting history. The conversation seems to be turning toward the annual national anthem discussion which will be right up your alley. I'll yield and let you carry on.

You have been arguing. Using words like arrogant and uneducated.

MNLonghorn10
09-28-2015, 11:19 PM
And SDSU won, so I don't see what the problem is. It's a P5 win and that is all that it is. Did SDSU almost blow the game in the 2nd half? Yep, but they made plays when it mattered and got the "W".

That fumbled snap as Kansas was spiking the ball was a hell of a timely play made by SDSU!

Thumper 76
09-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Hard to understand I see. Montana played a really good game which the Bison could have won. On that day the Griz would have beat most FCS teams, if not all.

Jacks run defense looks soft this year so far. Bison need to exploit that.

God some of you guys kill me. Really? I'm not saying the Montana didn't play better than they have all season but it sure is amazing how a team beats you and on that day they would have beaten the entire world and the 85 Bears PLUS the bison had a bad game.

ndsubison1
09-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Only North Dakota schools yell "Home of the (Insert Team Name)".

80ALUM
09-28-2015, 11:30 PM

we all know that SDsU has the most respectful, non arrogant, modest fans in the world

except out on the town in shithole Brookings after a beatdown...then they spit, throw things, clall names etc to visiting fans, yes I had it done to me last time and it's the reason I will not give SDSU my money for 16 tickets this year or ever again. so you guys can stop with the perfect fan angle, it was the worst away game treatment I've ever had
Not just to fans. I watched as they did all of the above to the team bench as well.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 11:30 PM
God some of you guys kill me. Really? I'm not saying the Montana didn't play better than they have all season but it sure is amazing how a team beats you and on that day they would have beaten the entire world and the 85 Bears PLUS the bison had a bad game.

You know why I don't go on to other team's boards and tell them what to think? Because nobody gives a shit.

Just a bit of advice.

BisonTru
09-28-2015, 11:31 PM
What has SDSU lost from last years defense? Offensive line?

I believe they only lost a couple on Defense. And if I remember correctly 2 maybe 3 starters on the line.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 11:32 PM

I got harassed a bunch when I went to the KU game. I was wearing a Bison t shirt, hoping to cheer on my conference mates. I got so much crap that I was ready to Rock Chalk when I went into the stadium.

17>1
09-28-2015, 11:33 PM
You have been arguing. Using words like arrogant and uneducated.

You're right, and I apologized for it.

tjbison
09-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Not just to fans. I watched as they did all of the above to the team bench as well.
Wow....if true (and I have no reason to believe it isnt) that's just sad...I lost tons of respect for them in 2013 down there..even the staff at the Applebee's across from the hotel would not serve us Friday night...we had to go and tailgate in the hotel parking lot

It was terrible...the need a lesson on acting like they have been there before

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
09-28-2015, 11:35 PM
You know why I don't go on to other team's boards and tell them what to think? Because nobody gives a shit.

Just a bit of advice.

Sorry I called you out on your crap. Wait, no I'm not. Your own fans are calling you out for being dumb too.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 11:40 PM
You're right, and I apologized for it.

We're good. I'm not trying to argue with anyone.

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Wow....if true (and I have no reason to believe it isnt) that's just sad...I lost tons of respect for them in 2013 down there..even the staff at the Applebee's across from the hotel would not serve us Friday night...we had to go and tailgate in the hotel parking lot

That happened? Did you put in a complaint to corporate? They want to hear stuff like that.

CAS4127
09-28-2015, 11:43 PM

I saw/heard the fan/bench stuff too. Effing assholes!! Our players handled it well tho. Zero crowd control. Security at Dome would have escorted several out if it would have been our fans at the dome doing it.

Sent from my iPhone.

tjbison
09-28-2015, 11:46 PM
That happened? Did you put in a complaint to corporate? They want to hear stuff like that.
No...we didn't bother, but we almost drove home and said the hell with it and if I would have known the evening after the game was going to be the way it was we would have...

Bison 4 Life
09-28-2015, 11:50 PM
No...we didn't bother, but we almost drove home and said the hell with it and if I would have known the evening after the game was going to be the way it was we would have...

We got a decent meal at Cubby's before a lot of the fireworks started and I stayed in SF the night before so we got off easily compared to most people that were in Brookings too long.

MNLonghorn10
09-28-2015, 11:51 PM

You must be doing it wrong...was never treated badly at Cubbies. in fact some NDSU fans were douches.

tjbison
09-28-2015, 11:56 PM
You must be doing it wrong...was never treated badly at Cubbies. in fact some NDSU fans were douches.
Nope, my group was just looking for a table, a group of middle aged guys at the bar started harassing us, then the spitting started as we went the other way, and then ice cube throwing..half my crew left half stayed we went outside the back and never got a drink

I'm sure there were douche ndsu fans also I'm not saying that, but we did nothing to provoke anything except wear NDSU shirts and coats

MNLonghorn10
09-29-2015, 12:04 AM
Liar. You kicked their puppies, banged their mothers, and farted in their general direction

RowdyRabbit
09-29-2015, 12:12 AM
I saw/heard the fan/bench stuff too. Effing assholes!! Our players handled it well tho. Zero crowd control. Security at Dome would have escorted several out if it would have been our fans at the dome doing it.

Sent from my iPhone.

Oh, it's not just vs NDSU. I don't remember who it was against last year, wait, yes I do, it was vs USD, I decided to watch the game along the fence behind USD's bench....some of the pure vitriolic shit I heard some Jackrabbit fans say was utterly embarrassing. I ended up calling one dude out and he did apologize and stop, but good Lord it amazes me what people will say to others (players) when there is no threat of retaliation.

As it has been said many times in many places, every fanbase has their assholes.

Looking forward to a great game. If I recall, we haven't put up a point vs the Bison in CAS since 2011, so until that happens and the game ends, score advantage Jackrabbits, I'll remain nervous and anxious, just like every other game.

tjbison
09-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Liar. You kicked their puppies, banged their mothers, and farted in their general direction

I did fart....

Mr. Burgundy
09-29-2015, 12:57 AM
Anyone want to talk football? Big game against a great team on Saturday.

56BISON73
09-29-2015, 12:59 AM

Are they returning the majority of their O and D lineman? If so it could be a long day in the trenches for us.

CAS4127
09-29-2015, 01:04 AM

Sure. The big question in my mind is whether we actually have a decent team. We haven't beat a decent team yet, but we have lost to a team that I personally don't think is very good.

Further, our offense, IMO, does not have an identity. Coach P thinks he is smart enough to change the offense every week. I say BS, and it's gonna come back to bite us. And it could very well be this Saturday and the next one; putting us at 3-2 and scrambling to make POs, only to play Jacks in Brookings for a season ender if we do make POs.

And our D has not seen a solid offense, but is capable of getting lit up by an average one from MT. Weber State and UND just flat out suck--it's not that we are great.

How's that? Enough football for you?

Sent from my iPhone.

tjbison
09-29-2015, 01:13 AM
Honestly im liking the Bye-week before this, i know its early but we got 2 weeks to study film, watch their game last week and get ready. Im guessing they showed quite a bit of their offense to win at Kansas and yes I know they will bring out some wrinkles, but coming into a game with a team we know well having played them 7 times in 5 years.

We have to be on the lookout for trickery, double up on Weineke and make them try to run, Shaetz, Menard, Tanguay and the boys will need to get pressure and cluster F up the middle rattle the QB and let Deluca grab errand balls out of the air.

I still am not sold on the Offense playing to their full potential in OOC play. I seriously think we see a different unit come Saturday now that the Conference season starts after all Polesek did win this thing last year.

Having Plankers back should help and we will be nearly full strength on O so we should be able to run it considering the rush D of SDSU on paper doesn't appear to be all that great. We will give up some points this year on the pasture but I think we will also move the ball fairly easily, convert 3rd downs, win the TOP, avoid turnovers and not rely on FG's for the win, get the 6 when we can.

34-27 NDSU at the final Bell

17>1
09-29-2015, 01:17 AM
Curious to see how our special teams units look on Saturday. I feel this game could be a close one with evenly matched squads and a last possession situation could arise, and every punt or FG try and the importance of it gets magnified in close games. Also, I've said it once and I'll say it again, we HAVE to get pressure from the guys up front on defense.

bisonpride4ever
09-29-2015, 01:20 AM
With all the talk about the Bison haven't played any good teams and that the offense is "too cute" and that the defense is average and the special teams suck it makes me wonder, are there anything they actually do good? They must be doing some things right or is it just because the teams they've played all suck and that's the only way they could ever be doing anything good? I'm curious is all.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

CAS4127
09-29-2015, 01:21 AM
I don't buy that we didn't show out offense in OOC play. Actually, that's the very place to run it. Save it for conference play when first two conference games are our toughest regular season opponents on an annual basis?!?! That would be stupid in fact. You have to run that stuff in game conditions to see what does and doesn't work. "Saving" your real offense for conference play?!?! Really??

Sent from my iPhone.

CAS4127
09-29-2015, 01:23 AM
With all the talk about the Bison haven't played any good teams and that the offense is "too cute" and that the defense is average and the special teams suck it makes me wonder, are there anything they actually do good? They must be doing some things right or is it just because the teams they've played all suck and that's the only way they could ever be doing anything good? I'm curious is all.

They've done good things against very bad teams is the point. The question is whether they can do good things against good teams. We got beat by a "not so good" team.

Sent from my iPhone.

tjbison
09-29-2015, 01:24 AM
I don't bye that we didn't show out offense in OOC play. Actually, that's the very place to run it. Save it for conference play when first to conference games are our toughest regular season opponents on an annual basis. That would be stupid in fact. You have to run that stuff in game conditions to see what does and doesn't work. "Saving" your real offense for conference play?!?! Really??

Sent from my iPhone.

never once said they didnt run their offense, what I am saying is there are certain plays formations they did not use, we see it every year...Vigen did it also

you really think against UND we pulled out all the stops and that was all our offense had?

CAS4127
09-29-2015, 01:28 AM
never once said they didnt run their offense, what I am saying is there are certain plays formations they did not use, we see it every year...Vigen did it also

you really think against UND we pulled out all the stops and that was all our offense had?

The goal would be to never have to pull out all the stops, right? So no, I don't think that. I also don't think we intentionally ran some vanilla form of our offense in Our 3 OOC games, and I don't think we established any sort of identity. That is not good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone.

56BISON73
09-29-2015, 01:32 AM
Sure. The big question in my mind is whether we actually have a decent team. We haven't beat a decent team yet, but we have lost to a team that I personally don't think is very good.

Further, our offense, IMO, does not have an identity. Coach P thinks he is smart enough to change the offense every week. I say BS, and it's gonna come back to bite us. And it could very well be this Saturday and the next one; putting us at 3-2 and scrambling to make POs, only to play Jacks in Brookings for a season ender if we do make POs.

And our D has not seen a solid offense, but is capable of getting lit up by an average one from MT. Weber State and UND just flat out suck--it's not that we are great.

How's that? Enough football for you?

Sent from my iPhone.

This game is going to be about match ups. You can scheme all you want but if you cant beat the guy in front of you-------.

tjbison
09-29-2015, 01:34 AM
This game is going to be about match ups. You can scheme all you want but if you cant beat the guy in front of you-------.

Speaking of this, anyone here computer smart enough to quickly throw a position by position comparison down on a spreadsheet?

17>1
09-29-2015, 01:38 AM

I've been pretty careful to say that anything specific about our players this year has sucked. However, I've been very vocal about the time clock management in Montana by our coaching staff and feel that last offensive possession and play calling sucked. I was very skeptical about Ben being named the kicker and was so since I first heard about it, but I never once said he or anything about our special teams sucked. I think most would agree it has been sloppy and can use improvement though. I'm a supporter of our offense and couldn't care less if a TE catches a ball all year, or if we have 14 running backs carrying the ball...I just want to see more points on the board than the other team at the end of the game.

I get your point, it does seem like we point out the negatives a bit more than the positives, but we're Bison fans and we have pretty high expectations. Personally, discussion about things we can improve on are more interesting than talking about things we know we're already good at. We want to dominate in every aspect of the game, and won't settle for anything less.

tjbison
09-29-2015, 01:40 AM
I've been pretty careful to say that anything specific about our players this year has sucked. However, I've been very vocal about the time clock management in Montana by our coaching staff and feel that last offensive possession and play calling sucked. I was very skeptical about Ben being named the kicker and was so since I first heard about it, but I never once said he or anything about our special teams sucked. I think most would agree it has been sloppy and can use improvement though. I'm a supporter of our offense and couldn't care less if a TE catches a ball all year, or if we have 14 running backs carrying the ball...I just want to see more points on the board than the other team at the end of the game.

I get your point, it does seem like we point out the negatives a bit more than the positives, but we're Bison fans and we have pretty high expectations. Personally, discussion about things we can improve on are more interesting than talking about things we know we're already good at. We want to dominate in every aspect of the game, and won't settle for anything less.

Our special teams worry me

CAS4127
09-29-2015, 01:42 AM

And having an identity, where our kids know what is expected/wanted/needed of them, and which allows them to focus on basics would go a long way toward giving them a better chance to win those very match-ups. IMO!!

Sent from my iPhone.

56BISON73
09-29-2015, 01:44 AM
And having an identity, where our kids know what is expected/wanted/needed of them, and which allows them to focus on basics would go a long way toward giving them a better chance to win those very match-ups. IMO!!

Sent from my iPhone.

Still thinking and not reacting.

CaBisonFan
09-29-2015, 01:52 AM

Sent from my iPhone.So you don't agree with the philosophy of taking what the defense gives you? Not sure that I do. Tend to agree with you.

HerdBoy
09-29-2015, 02:00 AM
Are they returning the majority of their O and D lineman? If so it could be a long day in the trenches for us.

9 returning starters on Defense. I think they replaced 1 in secondary (Taveras) and 1 on D line. They have 3 returning starters on the O line.

CAS4127
09-29-2015, 02:07 AM
Still thinking and not reacting.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone.

CAS4127
09-29-2015, 02:08 AM
So you don't agree with the philosophy of taking what the defense gives you? Not sure that I do. Tend to agree with you.

That would mean the D is dictating what you are doing. Don't like that unless you we can't do what we want at all.

Sent from my iPhone.

X-Factor
09-29-2015, 02:11 AM
If RMU's dine was pushing the jacks around I don't think we will have much of a problem. Similar to last year with Mr 4 yards, effectively shut down their key player (Weineke) and I don't think they score much. Easier said than done, of course. He will likely get his catches against practically any defense.

On O, doubt the Jacks can contain Wentz even slightly. Just my opinion though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they shut down our power, even with Plankers back.

Mr Meaty
09-29-2015, 02:14 AM

Did your mom finally give you internet permission again?

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 02:28 AM
If RMU's dine was pushing the jacks around I don't think we will have much of a problem. Similar to last year with Mr 4 yards, effectively shut down their key player (Weineke) and I don't think they score much. Easier said than done, of course. He will likely get his catches against practically any defense.

On O, doubt the Jacks can contain Wentz even slightly. Just my opinion though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they shut down our power, even with Plankers back.
They're giving up 220 on the ground so far this year. I have a feeling that won't be a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

FFBison
09-29-2015, 03:02 AM
5dimes opened with a line of Bison by 5.

NDSU1980
09-29-2015, 03:18 AM
5dimes opened with a line of Bison by 5.

I'd say that's about right. We should win but it won't be by much. In a way, I'd like to rip their hearts out again with a last second TD from Carson, but on second thought, let's save that emotion killer for the playoffs.

Bisonator98
09-29-2015, 03:35 AM
OK just my opinion on the anthem thing, I think it's OK to say Bison when we are at home or Frisco since it's Fargo south but not in someone elses stadium.

I think both teams seasons to date have been pretty similar. SDSU has beaten 3 mediocre to bad teams. NDSU lost to one in the final seconds of the first game, on the road, against an unknown offense while breaking in a lot of new defensive players and missing their #1 DB. NDSU has given up some big passing plays, SDSU has given up a lot of rushing plays. NDSU will want to run the ball and SDSU will want to throw it. This should be a great game.

GOBISON123
09-29-2015, 04:04 AM

Army Vet himself said he dosent care if we yelled Bison after the National Anthem, what is your problem ?

Bison4ever56
09-29-2015, 05:02 AM
NDSU 2 - 1

SDSU 3 - 0

Not that it matters, but just for funsies, let's see what Sagarin says...

Montana 133
Weber St 155
North Dakota 172

Kansas 124
SUU 199
RMU 209

SUU > Weber == false;

RMU = or > better than UND == false;

if (NDSU > SDSU) {
winsInARow = 8;
return dakotaMarker;
}
else {
championships = 0;
gamedays = 0;
return toFargo; //for playoff loss;
}

gu' nite!

SanDakotaState
09-29-2015, 05:19 AM
Army Vet himself said he dosent care if we yelled Bison after the National Anthem, what is your problem ?

Thought my post was pretty clear....I personally don't really care. People can do what they want. There are vets out there who find it disrespectful and there are vets who don't. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just leave it at that.

reformedUNDfan
09-29-2015, 08:05 AM
I could care less what Veterans think about it. It's not their National Anthem, it's ours. Do as you like.

Professor Chaos
09-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Thought my post was pretty clear....I personally don't really care. People can do what they want. There are vets out there who find it disrespectful and there are vets who don't. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just leave it at that.
I've said it before and I mean no disrespect to military vets because I do respect the sacrifice they made but the anthem is no more theirs than it is mine. If some of them are offended by it so be it but it doesn't mean anything more to me than if a lifetime civilian is offended by it. Personally, I don't think its offensive but I'm not one to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't be offended by. I take pride in being an American and I take pride in being a Bison football fan. I choose to show both of those when my national anthem is played before a Bison football game.

jacksfan29
09-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Not that it matters, but just for funsies, let's see what Sagarin says...

Montana 133
Weber St 155
North Dakota 172

Kansas 124
SUU 199 154
RMU 209

gu' nite!

Your numbers? Are partially correct. Must have been drinking, SOUTHERN is 199, SUU is at 154. I still think RMU is better than UND... but if you believe their a world beater; more power to you. RMU played a D2, that will kill your numbers. That said, its all just for "funsies"? I think the point was pretty simple. It is early in the year to be pumping a pre-season schedule. And in reality, the numbers seem to indicate that the win over a 124 KS is better than a loss to a 133 Montana. But hey, Saturday will arrive and the game will be played. That's what's nice about it. It will all be decided on the field. The Bizon have the advantage until we beat them so we shall see.

NDSUBowler
09-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Your numbers? Are partially correct. Must have been drinking, SOUTHERN is 199, SUU is at 154. I still think RMU is better than UND... but if you believe their a world beater; more power to you. RMU played a D2, that will kill your numbers. That said, its all just for "funsies"? I think the point was pretty simple. It is early in the year to be pumping a pre-season schedule. And in reality, the numbers seem to indicate that the win over a 124 KS is better than a loss to a 133 Montana. But hey, Saturday will arrive and the game will be played. That's what's nice about it. It will all be decided on the field. The Bizon have the advantage until we beat them so we shall see.
They're*

10char

ZHerd
09-29-2015, 01:37 PM
They're*

10char

No he meant "their" (purple)

ZHerd
09-29-2015, 01:42 PM
The only thing we know from previous games is both teams are better than bad teams and that's it. Sagarin is meaningless right now. Ill State doesn't look nearly as good in actuality as they are ranked. This SDSU team has replaced a couple offense starters from last year but will likely/should be better defensively. Imo they will be at the same level as the team that almost beat us in the playoffs. I'm still not sure what we really are. Should be a tough game

Rock
09-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Some of the wildcat offense sdsu ran last year with zenner at qb last year was well run and creative. Glad they didn't start it earlier.

Curious what they have in "they're" hip pocket this year.

SDbison
09-29-2015, 01:49 PM
So nice of those bunny turd fans (who are about to have their superbowl) to come over to Bisonville and tell us what to do and think. SDSU somehow thinks they arrived because they beat a shitty Kansas team. They are so desperate to have the attention NDSU has deserved. Absolutely hilarious to think they thought Gameday might come to their place. Hey bunny fans, when you get more than 100 fans to travel to your away games you might have something going. Otherwise go back in your hole.

bruinbison
09-29-2015, 01:57 PM
We are not going to do anything in Brookings
unless we have a look alike thread!!!!!
Tatanka, where art thou?

How about Back To The Future Jackrabbits?
Led by Marty McFly = QB Zachary Lujan #16 = Michael J Fox
Fathered by George McFly = Turner Blasius #40 = Crispin Glover
Bullied by Biff Tannen = Nick Carr #79 = Thomas F Wilson
Principalled by Mr. Strickland = Coach Stiegelmeier = James Tolkan

steelbison
09-29-2015, 02:01 PM
I like our chances in this one. Score 34-20 Bison.

Teams are running all over the Bunnies this year.

The only thing I would like to see from us is better overall play from the FB position. I expect King to have a great game. In my opinion he has been our best back this year.

Our Defense with CJ back and the LB's who have improved every game with experience should be able to hold the Bunnies in check. Our defense the first game was thinking too much and not reacting. Last two games we have played a LOT faster. I expect that to continue to improve every week.

#20 also gets better every week. Kid is going to be special!!

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 02:04 PM

Funny how SDSU is somehow great because they beat a FBS team and UND sucks despite beating a FBS team......

MNLonghorn10
09-29-2015, 02:19 PM
So nice of those bunny turd fans (who are about to have their superbowl) to come over to Bisonville and tell us what to do and think. SDSU somehow thinks they arrived because they beat a shitty Kansas team. They are so desperate to have the attention NDSU has deserved. Absolutely hilarious to think they thought Gameday might come to their place. Hey bunny fans, when you get more than 100 fans to travel to your away games you might have something going. Otherwise go back in your hole.
It is nice to get und and sdsu out of the way early.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Beat SDSU
Gameday and UNI win

Anybody going to question us after that?

SDbison
09-29-2015, 02:50 PM
Both NDSU and SDSU have something to prove:
NDSU is the better team, but even though the offense was supposed to be so awesome this year it has been a bit disappointing. NDSU defense seems to be getting better after a rough start. Still waiting for the offense to establish an identity and the defense to be tested and prevail. Much to prove and if the Bison can't take care of business this game it could be a disappointing season. Bison need to show up and put the upstart bunnies in their place. Smash mouth all game.
SDSU, much as their accomplishments are surprising, has definitely overachieved. I don't think they are as great as some make them out to be and they definitely want to show that its no fluke. They have put together some good games and seem to be getting the best out of their players. I believe they will need to play their best game for all 4 quarters to have a chance to win. If NDSU shows SDSU they have yet to play a team as good as the Bison the bunny confidence will crumble.

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Both NDSU and SDSU have something to prove:
NDSU is the better team, but even though the offense was supposed to be so awesome this year it has been a bit disappointing. NDSU defense seems to be getting better after a rough start. Still waiting for the offense to establish an identity and the defense to be tested and prevail. Much to prove and if the Bison can't take care of business this game it could be a disappointing season. Bison need to show up and put the upstart bunnies in their place. Smash mouth all game.
SDSU, much as their accomplishments are surprising, has definitely overachieved. I don't think they are as great as some make them out to be and they definitely want to show that its no fluke. They have put together some good games and seem to be getting the best out of their players. I believe they will need to play their best game for all 4 quarters to have a chance to win. If NDSU shows SDSU they have yet to play a team as good as the Bison the bunny confidence will crumble.

Although not to the same extent, I think this will be a lot like UND. They came in with a lot of confidence because of their record and they got completely exposed. SDSU seems to want to play like a Big Sky team. If we play like a Missouri Valley team, we should be OK.

Bison03
09-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Although not to the same extent, I think this will be a lot like UND. They came in with a lot of confidence because of their record and they got completely exposed. SDSU seems to want to play like a Big Sky team. If we play like a Missouri Valley team, we should be OK.

This s a good take. Spreading it out and passing it a bunch may work against who they have played by the Valley is a whole different beast. We have proven how to be successful in conference is to run the ball and play good defense. These are things I think the Bison still do better then the Jacks.

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 03:03 PM
This s a good take. Spreading it out and passing it a bunch may work against who they have played by the Valley is a whole different beast. We have proven how to be successful in conference is to run the ball and play good defense. These are things I think the Bison still do better then the Jacks.

yes. all the talk seems to be Lujan to Weineke. How much can you do that? They obviously have big problems on defense (moreso than ours). CAS has problems with TP, so do I. We need a good old dose of the Sam Houston game last year. I know he has it in him. Lets hope we can do that.

Bisonville GasMan
09-29-2015, 03:09 PM

...but that is the big "if" isn't it. I think what has people on this board worried is that we have looked a little "Big Sky" at times too. I think this weekends game will be very telling as to what we will be, and what to expect, for the rest of the season.

ZHerd
09-29-2015, 03:13 PM
...but that is the big "if" isn't it. I think what has people on this board worried is that we have looked a little "Big Sky" at times too. I think this weekends game will be very telling as to what we will be, and what to expect, for the rest of the season.

Actually the UNI game will be more telling in that sense. If our offense has lost its toughness the UNI defense will expose it

Bisonville GasMan
09-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Actually the UNI game will be more telling in that sense. If our offense has lost its toughness the UNI defense will expose it

Good point.

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 03:18 PM

I think most of our offensive problems are self inflicted. We still have the strongest, toughest players. Unfortunately we haven't taken advantage of it.

Like I said if TP plays it like he's supposed to, we will be OK.

Bison03
09-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Can we put this whole "suspect offense" debate to bed already? We are averaging 36.6 points per game and 463 yards per game. The offense is fine.

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Can we put this whole "suspect offense" debate to bed already? We are averaging 36.6 points per game and 463 yards per game. The offense is fine.

Believe me, I think our offense has been just fine. I find our playcalling in the final drive at Montana to have been a huge reason we lost the game. We seem to be in love with the read option instead of the under center power game. One of our biggest advantages was being the freshest squad in the 4th quarter. I really like having more of the game in control than having a total shootout.

As was said before, we'll learn a lot this weekend.

BisonNation11
09-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Just throwing this out there. Is it possible Coach P is switching up the offense a bit so we aren't as predictable and fall into a UNI-type game? It's pretty obvious he's using influences he picked up at NIU, but is that the absolute worse thing in the world? It's still a West Coast offense using the same sets, just running different plays out of them. Yes, we love our power running game and we seem to be lacking in its effectiveness thus far this season, but it's not like the offense isn't producing... I think it's pretty obvious teams are still lining up with the objective of stopping the run and forcing us to beat them with the pass, which Carson has done at a high level. Just a thought.

SDbison
09-29-2015, 03:50 PM
Can we put this whole "suspect offense" debate to bed already? We are averaging 36.6 points per game and 463 yards per game. The offense is fine. The has not played an entire game. Against Montana they choked in the 2nd half (only 7 points).......Against Weber and UND we are supposed to believe the offense went into slow down mode. I have yet to see the Bison offense that can impose its will and drive the ball down the other team's throats.

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2015, 03:54 PM
The has not played an entire game. Against Montana they choked in the 2nd half (only 7 points).......Against Weber and UND we are supposed to believe the offense went into slow down mode. I have yet to see the Bison offense that can impose its will and drive the ball down the other team's throats.

Well I believe in the personnel. At this point, I have to believe in the coaches, that they know what they're doing.

56BISON73
09-29-2015, 03:59 PM
The has not played an entire game. Against Montana they choked in the 2nd half (only 7 points).......Against Weber and UND we are supposed to believe the offense went into slow down mode. I have yet to see the Bison offense that can impose its will and drive the ball down the other team's throats.

We start out doing pretty good in that area. then they try to be cute. If you drive down the field and score on the ground why would you go to the air on your second posession?

MrSnuffleupagus
09-29-2015, 04:00 PM

Ginger Jesus said you would forsake him 3 times...

Strike one.

IzzyFlexion
09-29-2015, 04:02 PM

We start out doing pretty good in that area. then they try to be cute. If you drive down the field and score on the ground why would you go to the air on your second posession?

Do you guys that this was pre-scripted or an adjustment to the plan since they jumped to the early (albeit small) lead?
SERIOUS QUESTION AS I WONDERED THIS TOO.
Clearly, in the end, it didn't matter for shit.........but they weren't assured of that at the time.

IzzyFlexion
09-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Ginger Jesus said you would forsake him 3 times...

Strike one.

a few things:

1) Being a staunch theologian, I believe that Biblical passage identifies Christ's foresight as "denying" Him........thrice.
2) Since I'm often as confused as Answer Guy on Father's Day............It's possible that I could have meant "a staunch theohuxtable".
3) I like the moniker......SDJUDASBison.

EC8CH
09-29-2015, 04:11 PM

And the ONE bad game the D has had was without CJ against a team who made 3 huge plays on 50/50 balls. The Bison D still has to prove they've fully reloaded and ready to play at the same level as previous years, but for teams to replicate the Montana game would require huge risk on their part, especially with CJ back. Now SDSU has a receiver in the same ballpark talent wise as Montana's along with a likely better running game, so the game will be interesting. I just get equally annoyed with the continued hand wringing about the defense based on the Montana loss when it took a lot of gambles on their part to pay off.