PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs Sundogs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jcdcubs
09-13-2015, 04:27 PM
NDSU win 34-13.

CentennialBison
09-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Just opened Pandora's box. There is a reason no one was creating this thread. Oh well.

Professor Chaos
09-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Just opened Pandora's box. There is a reason no one was creating this thread. Oh well.
Children will act like children on here about UND whether there's a thread about the game or not. Problem is when those children are actually adults there's no one to take away their Bisonville privileges.

Gully
09-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Bison 37 - UND 10

BlueHawkAlumni
09-13-2015, 04:50 PM
38-14
bison

Bison 4 Life
09-13-2015, 05:01 PM

Oh brother, let's get over ourselves here.

This game is one of 3 things:

A big deal for a very small state

A relatively easy OOC game.

The Holocaust plus 9/11 times Hurricane Katrina to the power of Pearl Harbor.

Herd Mentality
09-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Please change the order of teams in this thread name. I can't stand looking at it.

ByeSonBusiness
09-13-2015, 05:04 PM
I was thinking it would be close but after UND's performance yesterday I'm thinking a very comfortable win with people bitching that the students leave in droves after halftime.

Ndsu84
09-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Please change the order of teams in this thread name. I can't stand looking at it.

+1 ^^^^^^^^^^

CentennialBison
09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
On topic, Wyoming is the worst team in the FBS, and UND almost lost to a non scholarship team yesterday. 42-10

roadwarrior
09-13-2015, 05:30 PM

Would NDSU vs Sundogs work?

FFBison
09-13-2015, 05:33 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

natstar1
09-13-2015, 05:37 PM
I was thinking it would be close but after UND's performance yesterday I'm thinking a very comfortable win with people bitching that the students leave in droves after halftime.

http://i.imgur.com/PHYylHV.gif

Bison 4 Life
09-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Think about this. As much as we hate the abysmal production that KVLY puts on and their terrible choices for color commentator. They do one have advantage.

No chance of Pat's Weenie getting into the booth for this game.

No_Skill
09-13-2015, 05:59 PM
I want the first string to stomp them into a puddle and the second string to walk it dry.

tony
09-13-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm just going to assume that UND ran extra plain vanilla against Drake in order not to give NDSU any useful film.

Wally
09-13-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm just going to assume that UND ran extra plain vanilla against Drake in order not to give NDSU any useful film.

So their normal offense

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2015, 06:25 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that there is some validity to this theory.
Any given Saturday. The Herd will not take this game lightly. Too much at stake. Chess and football collide all of the time..........I'm nervous about this game but NOT because of our program's ability to prepare correctly.

ndsubison1
09-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Think they'll pick this game on gameday?

BisonFan02
09-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Think they'll pick this game on gameday?

Yeah....I'd say the odds are good that this is the first one they pick in that segment. (kinda their wild card game).

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Yeah....I'd say the odds are good that this is the first one they pick in that segment. (kinda their wild card game).

Our SID should be all over this. marketing, marketing, marketing............get the right info to the right people.

Buffalo.Rider
09-13-2015, 06:40 PM
On topic, Wyoming is the worst team in the FBS, and UND almost lost to a non scholarship team yesterday. 42-10

And NDSU has a defensive and offensive philosophy that is basically the same as Wyoming - the present NDSU coaching staff inherited this from the coaches who are now at Wyoming. NDSU is probably a better football team, but a W or a L also depends on how a teams weaknesses line up against the other schools strengths. Sometimes the overall weaker team wins because of the matchups.

p.s. Enjoy the other posts downplaying this game. Even Phil Hanson on the radio the other day said something (apparently) about how fans make this intra-state game huge while the players do not. I've been jumped on for saying this is just another game for the Bison, but I still feel this way.

BiZon22
09-13-2015, 06:48 PM
And NDSU has a defensive and offensive philosophy that is basically the same as Wyoming - the present NDSU coaching staff inherited this from the coaches who are now at Wyoming. NDSU is probably a better football team, but a W or a L also depends on how a teams weaknesses line up against the other schools strengths. Sometimes the overall weaker team wins because of the matchups.

p.s. Enjoy the other posts downplaying this game. Even Phil Hanson on the radio the other day said something (apparently) about how fans make this intra-state game huge while the players do not. I've been jumped on for saying this is just another game for the Bison, but I still feel this way.
Philosophy does not equal execution and talent. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
09-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Would NDSU vs Sundogs work?

Yes. This ^^^

Really any of their bad nickname choices would work, but this would be best.

GOBISON123
09-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Lot of folks here hootiin and hollerin how this game is a easy game don't realize UND is looking more hungry and their coach is a MVF coach. This will be a tough game #35 better be ready, they are gonna come after him

StL Bison Fan
09-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Lot of folks here hootiin and hollerin how this game is a easy game don't realize UND is looking more hungry and their coach is a MVF coach. This will be a tough game #35 better be ready, they are gonna come after him

Exactly. While at siu, the Bubba had much sucess against NDSU. or did he?

CaBisonFan
09-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Grimsley is learning on the fly. He'll slowly turn into a good one.

NDSUstudent
09-13-2015, 07:33 PM

Offensively we are different, Polsek brought in some NIU stuff and Wyo's QB would maybe crack our 3rd string. Wentz opens up so much, Bohl has nothing but garbage at QB. Hill is a good back though.

td577
09-13-2015, 07:48 PM
Let's not get crazy here. Sure un_ is 2-0, but they haven't played anyone yet. They look like they are headed in the right direction, but they are still in the Weber State and below USD part of FCS. The Bison are still a title contender looking for 5 in a row. I have no doubt the Bison coaching staff will have the players ready to go but as a fan, I can say this 8 days a week, these teams are no where near each other. This game will not be close. I don't care if un_ has spent the last two years game planning for this game, they don't have enough juice yet to make this a game as long as the Bison simply execute and take care of business on the field. I don't care about any given Saturday. un_ has to have the absolute perfect storm against a team who is perfectly willing to break a game down to every play. It has happened to rarely where the opponent has put together the perfect storm and had the talent to close it out. This will not be one of those games. un_ does not have the talent throughout their roster to have the 48 things that have to happen simultaneously happen for them to pull this off.

My only fear in this game is that some Bison fans stain the professionalism we have established as being one of the top fanbases in college football. As a NDSU alum and Bison fan, I want nothing more than our fan reaction being no different than hosting any other opponent in the Fargodome. Be loud, be excited, but be respectful to Bison pride. un_ has done nothing to deserve any special treatment.

thebigund
09-13-2015, 07:52 PM
What will be more competitive, the game or the look a like threads?

scottietohottie
09-13-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm leaving Thursday. Getting the hell out of this state before the shit hits the fan. I'll go get drunk and make an ass of myself somewhere else. Yes you suck shit.

StL Bison Fan
09-13-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm leaving Thursday. Getting the hell out of this state before the shit hits the fan. I'll go get drunk and make an ass of myself somewhere else. Yes you suck shit.

Cann I have your ticket?:hide:

Rockbear99
09-13-2015, 08:06 PM
This will be the first NDSU/UND game I will have seen.

AjaxTheMighty
09-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Exactly. While at siu, the Bubba had much sucess against NDSU. or did he?

For what it's worth I would say outside of 2013 he did a nice job against NDSU: Although they only beat NDSU once in his tenure.

UND Coach while at SIU vs NDSU offense History:
2008: Rushing: 47 carries - 184 yards (3.9 ypc)
Passing: 16/24 -195 yards (12.2 ypc)
Total = 379 yards
Sacks (SIU) = 1
Ints (SIU) = 0

2009: Rushing: 54 carries - 219 yards (4.2 ypc)
Passing: 9/23 - 105 yards (11.7 ypc)
Totoal = 324 yards
Sacks (SIU) = 3
Ints (SIU) = 1

2010: Rushing: 39 carries - 128 yards (3.3)
Passing: 9/16 - 123 yards (13.7)
Total = 251 yards
Sacks (SIU) = 3
Ints (SIU) = 0

2011: Rushing: 33 carries - 60 yards (1.8)
Passing: 13/21 - 150 yards (11.5)
Total = 210 yards
Sacks (SIU) = 3
Ints (SIU) = 1

2012: Rushing: 51 carries - 186 yards (3.6)
Passing: 15/25 - 200 yards (13.3)
Total = 386 yards
Sacks (SIU) = 1
Ints (SIU) = 0

2013: Rushing: 45 carries - 331 yards (7.4)
Passing: 10/19 - 173 yards (17.3)
Total = 504 yards
Sacks (SIU) = 1
Ints (SIU) = 0

NDSUBowler
09-13-2015, 08:26 PM
Same here.

When they last played, I was still in high school and depended on my family to get tickets. They weren't big NDSU fans and never cared enough to get tickets to the NDSU/UND game so I always had to watch on TV.

Rockbear99
09-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Same here.

When they last played, I was still in high school and depended on my family to get tickets. They weren't big NDSU fans and never cared enough to get tickets to the NDSU/UND game so I always had to watch on TV.

I have never even seen one on TV either.

A1pigskin
09-13-2015, 08:44 PM

Same here.......

Mr. Burgundy
09-13-2015, 08:51 PM

Same with 93% of Bisonville posters.

Mr. Burgundy
09-13-2015, 08:54 PM
What will be more competitive, the game or the look a like threads?

Well, u just started the look alike thread on ss.com

Bison 4 Life
09-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Well, u just started the look alike thread on ss.com

and there will be a concerted effort to give this game as little attention as possible on here.

ByeSonBusiness
09-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Let's not get crazy here. Sure un_ is 2-0, but they haven't played anyone yet. They look like they are headed in the right direction, but they are still in the Weber State and below USD part of FCS. The Bison are still a title contender looking for 5 in a row. I have no doubt the Bison coaching staff will have the players ready to go but as a fan, I can say this 8 days a week, these teams are no where near each other. This game will not be close. I don't care if un_ has spent the last two years game planning for this game, they don't have enough juice yet to make this a game as long as the Bison simply execute and take care of business on the field. I don't care about any given Saturday. un_ has to have the absolute perfect storm against a team who is perfectly willing to break a game down to every play. It has happened to rarely where the opponent has put together the perfect storm and had the talent to close it out. This will not be one of those games. un_ does not have the talent throughout their roster to have the 48 things that have to happen simultaneously happen for them to pull this off.

My only fear in this game is that some Bison fans stain the professionalism we have established as being one of the top fanbases in college football. As a NDSU alum and Bison fan, I want nothing more than our fan reaction being no different than hosting any other opponent in the Fargodome. Be loud, be excited, but be respectful to Bison pride. un_ has done nothing to deserve any special treatment.

UND has done plenty to deserve special treatment. They own the head to head. They owned the last decade of games.

I want to hear Sioux Suck Shit the entire game. Anything can happen. College football can be weird. I recall a 40 point favorite USC losing to a young John Harbaugh led Stanford team. I recall Pitt beating West Virginia when of WV won... They were going to the National Championship.

Same here.

I was there at the last one. I only got to go to a couple of them... The Bison lost 13-10 I think at Memorial and obviously the heartbreaker at the Alerus. Missed the 16-13 win because my dad's cousin decided to get married. Had to watch in my grandma's basement.

I have never even seen one on TV either.

I only got to see maybe 5 or 6 on TV.

Bison should win. And they damn well better or my phone is going to blow the fuck up.

Ndsu84
09-13-2015, 09:10 PM

It will be my first since '85 or '86. I had to work for 20 years before I could take time off for games.

UND doesn't deserve to get this game. They didn't help us get our hockey team going when it was a club team, why should we help their club football team? :)

The Bison won 3 national championships while I was enrolled, all I heard from my und friends was "who cares? All we care about is hockey."

All I care is we keep 1 North Dakota hockey team and 1 North Dakota (State) Football team. Just the way it's been.

Strongman
09-13-2015, 09:35 PM
and there will be a concerted effort to give this game as little attention as possible on here.

Why did you want to live in the past and exaggerate the importance and significance of the game?! The rivalry died 12 years ago. They don't play again for three years. It really is just another Big Sky opponent for the Bison. Another sellout in the FargoDome. Another overmatched opponent. True educated fans know that theSouth Dakota State is a much more important and significant game.

td577
09-13-2015, 09:38 PM
UND has done plenty to deserve special treatment. They own the head to head. They owned the last decade of games. <-- different era and it is always about what have you done lately. Even when they won the head to heads it was about the championships. They would trade in a heart beat. Nothing special there.

I want to hear Sioux Suck Shit the entire game. <-- I hope you are one of the ones staying home. This is the very reason NDSU doesn't need this game. Classless dumbfucks who think this is somehow necessary.

Anything can happen. College football can be weird. I recall a 40 point favorite USC losing to a young John Harbaugh led Stanford team. I recall Pitt beating West Virginia when of WV won... They were going to the National Championship. <-- so rare you remember them

I responded within the quotes.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2015, 09:49 PM
The Bison go as Carson Wentz goes. Good game from him and we'll win by a couple of touchdowns. If not...it will be very close.

The Weber St. game gave some of our young players a chance to gain confidence. That's huge.

Bison"FANatic"
09-13-2015, 10:11 PM
UND has done plenty to deserve special treatment. They own the head to head. They owned the last decade of games.

I want to hear Sioux Suck Shit the entire game. Anything can happen. College football can be weird. I recall a 40 point favorite USC losing to a young John Harbaugh led Stanford team. I recall Pitt beating West Virginia when of WV won... They were going to the National Championship.

I was there at the last one. I only got to go to a couple of them... The Bison lost 13-10 I think at Memorial and obviously the heartbreaker at the Alerus. Missed the 16-13 win because my dad's cousin decided to get married. Had to watch in my grandma's basement.

I only got to see maybe 5 or 6 on TV.

Bison should win. And they damn well better or my phone is going to blow the fuck up.

It is people who act like you why this game should never happen. I just want us to get the win and come out injury free and especially cheap shot injury free.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2015, 10:19 PM
The old chant should not come back. No way. No how.

NDSUBowler
09-13-2015, 10:24 PM

Never went away.

CaBisonFan
09-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Never went away.
Then it should go away...diffuse that kind of bullshit...play the game.

pucknut9
09-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Totally agree.

Buffalo.Rider
09-13-2015, 10:32 PM

TOTALLY AGREE !
Don't need this attached to NDSU or football in North Dakota.

Probably a major reason the North Dakota Sioux tribes would not vote their approval of UND continuing to be called the Fighting Sioux. How many times would a ND Indian have to see a bimbo (male or female) wearing a Sioux Suck T-Shirt around town to convince them that UND should no longer bear their proud name.

Besides that, UND is not the Fighting Sioux any longer.

siouxfan512
09-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Children will act like children on here about UND whether there's a thread about the game or not. Problem is when those children are actually adults there's no one to take away their Bisonville privileges.

Not all of us. Some are just looking forward to the football game. And the renewal of a fun rivalry. Wish I was going to be in fargo, but doesnt look like I'll be able to make it. Bison should be heavy favorites after the way both teams played this past weekend, but crazier things have happened. Hope it's a good weekend for all the tailgaters, and at least an entertaining game. Go Sioux! ( I don't care what the NCAA say)

natstar1
09-13-2015, 10:38 PM
First ever NDSU game was in GF in '93. We lose 21-22, snapped a 13 game winning streak vs UND.
Also, went to the game in '02. Both teams were shit. NDSU lost 6-12.

siouxfan512
09-13-2015, 10:40 PM

Agreed, I was pretty happy with our game against Wyoming, but yesterday was just hideous. Run still looks good, but overall, just not impressive. O line will need to play much better to compete.

heffray
09-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Same with 93% of Bisonville posters.

Guess I'm in the 7% Club!

tjbison
09-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Face it people will chant it...they do currently and we haven't played them in 12 years..

FYI I think it's stupid

Bisonwinagn
09-13-2015, 10:44 PM
TOTALLY AGREE !

Probably a major reason the North Dakota Sioux tribes would not vote their approval of UND continuing to be called the Fighting Sioux. How many times would a ND Indian have to see a bimbo (male or female) wearing a Sioux Suck T-Shirt around town to convince them that UND should no longer bear their proud name.

If a ND Indian is stupid enough to think that chant is about them then probably. No Bison fan since the beginning of the name has ever once correlated Sioux with anything other than UND.

StL Bison Fan
09-13-2015, 10:48 PM
Face it people will chant it...they do currently and we haven't played them in 12 years..

FYI I think it's stupid
As I was walking in the south door yesterday the students started it.
After we beat the goofers the first time some old guy started it. Stupid.
We weren't playing them, who cares.

Bisonwinagn
09-13-2015, 10:55 PM
I think the Bison defense will do fine and keep them to 10 points or so as long as we don't have any blown coverages. The offense will come down to Carson's ability to throw the ball down the field. I don't see ground and pound or short passing working in this game against a tough run defense. They will put 10 guys in the box like Montana to stop the run. This is a huge test to see if the Bison can really pass downfield. I think they do enough and win 28-13.

Of course that's assuming there are no cheap shots that take our players out for the game!!!

StL Bison Fan
09-13-2015, 10:56 PM
I dont know about them stopping the run for a whole game.
What kind of shape are they in? How deep are they?

ndsubison1
09-13-2015, 10:57 PM
TOTALLY AGREE !

Yet, they wear Sioux stuff still...

EC8CH
09-13-2015, 10:59 PM
Don't like the S S S chants, pick a new name or deal with it.

Bison 4 Life
09-13-2015, 11:14 PM
Come on, we all still sing "Hail the Bison" which is directly about the U.

U Sucks Shit works just fine.

roadwarrior
09-13-2015, 11:18 PM
As long as we hear "lets go sue", you will hear "sue suck".
Which as we all know will probably be another couple of decades.

Bison 4 Life
09-13-2015, 11:22 PM
As long as we hear "lets go sue", you will hear "sue suck".
Which as we all know will probably be another couple of decades.

I think this is it. We all yelled "Sucks" during the ISU chant at the NC game. It's just a natural reaction.

Just like last Saturday when I ran into a bunch of Bunny fans at the KU game wearing my Bison gear. They all yelled "NDSU Sucks".

The other team sucks, that's just how it is.

thebigund
09-13-2015, 11:25 PM
I think the Bison defense will do fine and keep them to 10 points or so as long as we don't have any blown coverages. The offense will come down to Carson's ability to throw the ball down the field. I don't see ground and pound or short passing working in this game against a tough run defense. They will put 10 guys in the box like Montana to stop the run. This is a huge test to see if the Bison can really pass downfield. I think they do enough and win 28-13.

Of course that's assuming there are no cheap shots that take our players out for the game!!!
We won't have 10 in the box unless it's goal line. I'm betting the coaches are counting on being able to stuff the run without needing to bring a safety into the box.

cbline
09-13-2015, 11:38 PM

Sorry, not going to happen. The students were chanting it yesterday as they stood in line to get into the dome. We could hear them all the way from the parking lot entrance off of 17th Avenue.

Bisonguy
09-13-2015, 11:43 PM
Don't like the S S S chants, pick a new name or deal with it.

Sundogs suck shit?

80ALUM
09-13-2015, 11:52 PM
Sorry, not going to happen. The students were chanting it yesterday as they stood in line to get into the dome. We could hear them all the way from the parking lot entrance off of 17th Avenue.
Some of our football players chanted it at the basketball game. Until they have a nickname, and probably for a while after, the chants will be heard.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
09-13-2015, 11:57 PM
I am going to Vegas next week, what is the over under for mins after the gates open before the first S S chant starts? On a sidenote, sorry for anyone that did not see this rivalry in its hay day. I may have to break out my s s shirt (made in the 70s, got a garage sale for a dime) where the other teams old mascot is sucking on the Bison nuts.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-14-2015, 12:24 AM
What's a UND?

HerdBoy
09-14-2015, 12:29 AM
Bison 24 - Sundogs/Fighting Hawks 10.

aces1180
09-14-2015, 12:33 AM
Bison 45 - Nodicks 20

Bisonator98
09-14-2015, 12:35 AM
U suck shit! U suck shit! U suck shit!

Guess it'll have to do. Anyway back to the actual game, I think this is going to be an embarrassment for bubbles. I hope the Bison show no mercy! I have done the analysis of offense, defense and special teams. Broken down the tape and have come to my score prediction via mathematical hypotenuse and the opposite page from mnlonghorns prognostications.

BISON WIN 52-10!!!

LongLostAlum
09-14-2015, 12:36 AM
I am going to Vegas next week, what is the over under for mins after the gates open before the first S S chant starts? On a sidenote, sorry for anyone that did not see this rivalry in its hay day. I may have to break out my s s shirt (made in the 70s, got a garage sale for a dime) where the other teams old mascot is sucking on the Bison nuts.Cool. The first UND game I watched was '71. Ron Erhardt was still coach, we went into the game 5-0, and UND stuffed us cold, Bison lost 23-7 at Dakotah Field. It was really hard to watch. Things were less politically correct back then, and it was indeed quite a rivalry.

Saturday's game will be kind of surreal. Logic says the Bison should win about 34-10 or so. Will be interesting to watch.

Mr Pep Band
09-14-2015, 12:40 AM
Score
Bison- 38
Wioux- 3

Loudness- +120dB
Crowd- 19,175
# of Wioux Suck S#it chants- 300+

And should we give them paper bags now or after the game?
:paperbag:

aces1180
09-14-2015, 12:46 AM
Ive been to four NDSU/UND games...

1996 - (33-19 UND) The Kliensasser game
1998 - (39-25 UND)
2000 - (16-13 NDSU)
2002 - (12-6 UND)

BisonHorns
09-14-2015, 12:48 AM
This will be my one and only post for this thread. Wish we never scheduled this game. Brings out the worst in otherwise decent folks. Had sundogs talking trash to me at work all last week and I haven't said a negative thing to them ever.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 12:52 AM

1998 - (39-25 UND)
2000 - (16-13 NDSU)
2002 - (12-6 UND)

Ugh, that fuckin Kleinsasser game.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Why though? Whats the point? Why not just have fun with it? In all likelihood NDSU will win, and it won't be a nail biter. Not saying we can't win, anything can happen, but you have a rebuilding team vs a very established program. No need to play it any differently than that. Its another game, its a historic rivalry, lets all just enjoy the game.

HerdBot
09-14-2015, 01:10 AM
Why though? Whats the point? Why not just have fun with it? In all likelihood NDSU will win, and it won't be a nail biter. Not saying we can't win, anything can happen, but you have a rebuilding team vs a very established program. No need to play it any differently than that. Its another game, its a historic rivalry, lets all just enjoy the game.

I'll agree with this. I guarantee nobody wants to lose and fans will be jacked. This is what makes football fun.

BisonNation11
09-14-2015, 01:13 AM

1998 - (39-25 UND)
2000 - (16-13 NDSU)
2002 - (12-6 UND)
No offense but please tell me with those odds you're not going to the game? ;)

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 01:15 AM
For what its worth, as a huge UND hockey fan, I would love to see NDSU with a hockey program. I think it would be awesome to have a rivalry game there with such close proximity. Hell if I hit the big $$$ lotto, I'd even donate towards it. I have in-laws that are huge Bison fans though, so I don't have crazy hate for the Bison. Not a big fan by any means, but certainly have pulled for them in certain situations.

As for the folks who say the FCS championships don't matter, they would just be a small portion of our bitter fanbase, who love hockey but hate all of the national attention that SU has gotten. Are we huge in hockey on a nation scale? Yes! Is hockey huge on a national stage? Not exactly. Though I hope to see it grow, not just because I want UND to get more national attention, but because I love college hockey (always have, even growing up a goofer fan in MN) and I would love to see the sport expand.

1 think I think we can all agree on is IF (big IF) UND can leave the Fargo dome with a W, it would make the next game against eachother (be it playoffs or the 2019 game) that much more fun. I don't think there is any doubt there, and talk about re-starting a rivalry with a bang, though I know nobody on here wants to see that. :)

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 01:25 AM
Have to realize that for some of us, the name was Sioux when we went to school there. It really is a part of who we are as fans. I get opposing fans may not see it that way, but I hate the PC bull#&%! that prompt those kinds of changes.

Regardless, I hope not to hear to much of that chanting during the game because the game, your school, and your fans don't need it. The same way as I don't want to see our fans chant F%#! the Gophers, when the rivalry continues. Thought it was pretty funny as a young dumb student, but as a adult and parent, it sounds so stupid and senseless. Unfortunately, as it was put earlier, children will be children .... Regardless of fanbase, and we all have good and bad fans, classy and classless fans, fun fans and jerks.

Seriously, the attachment to the name is so stupid. "It's a part of who we are as fans". Then what you are is mostly empty.

If they said tomorrow that we were the Farmers or Aggies again, I would give zero fucks.

NDSU1980
09-14-2015, 01:26 AM
The way the sundogs almost choked against Drake and weren't overly impressive against D2 (equivalent) Wyoming, I see UN_ and geaux sioux getting the piss pounding they deserve

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 01:27 AM
This will be my one and only post for this thread. Wish we never scheduled this game. Brings out the worst in otherwise decent folks. Had sundogs talking trash to me at work all last week and I haven't said a negative thing to them ever.

Every fanbase has "those" fans

EC8CH
09-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Sundogs suck shit?

In that scenario I would propose updating to D E S...

Dogs
Eat
Shit

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 01:30 AM
Seriously, the attachment to the name is so stupid. "It's a part of who we are as fans". Then what you are is mostly empty.

If they said tomorrow that we were the Farmers or Aggies again, I would give zero fucks.

Why do you have to hate so much? You might not care, but I guarantee not everyone would feel that way. I always like the name and the logo, I think the alternative they put out there are pretty terrible. And the reasoning for us getting ride of the name is equally bad. Because the name wouldn't matter to you, means it shouldn't to anyone? C'mon man.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 01:32 AM
It will be my first since '85 or '86. I had to work for 20 years before I could take time off for games.

UND doesn't deserve to get this game. They didn't help us get our hockey team going when it was a club team, why should we help their club football team? :)

The Bison won 3 national championships while I was enrolled, all I heard from my und friends was "who cares? All we care about is hockey."

All I care is we keep 1 North Dakota hockey team and 1 North Dakota (State) Football team. Just the way it's been.

For what its worth, as a huge UND hockey fan, I would love to see NDSU with a hockey program. I think it would be awesome to have a rivalry game there with such close proximity. Hell if I hit the big $$$ lotto, I'd even donate towards it. I have in-laws that are huge Bison fans though, so I don't have crazy hate for the Bison. Not a big fan by any means, but certainly have pulled for them in certain situations.

As for the folks who say the FCS championships don't matter, they would just be a small portion of our bitter fanbase, who love hockey but hate all of the national attention that SU has gotten. Are we huge in hockey on a nation scale? Yes! Is hockey huge on a national stage? Not exactly. Though I hope to see it grow, not just because I want UND to get more national attention, but because I love college hockey (always have, even growing up a goofer fan in MN) and I would love to see the sport expand.

1 think I think we can all agree on is IF (big IF) UND can leave the Fargo dome with a W, it would make the next game against eachother (be it playoffs or the 2019 game) that much more fun. I don't think there is any doubt there, and talk about re-starting a rivalry with a bang, though I know nobody on here wants to see that.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 01:33 AM
Why do you have to hate so much? You might not care, but I guarantee not everyone would feel that way. I always like the name and the logo, I think the alternative they put out there are pretty terrible. And the reasoning for us getting ride of the name is equally bad. Because the name wouldn't matter to you, means it shouldn't to anyone? C'mon man.

I didn't say I hated anyone, I just thought to put so much of your meaning as a fanbase into a stupid nickname is silly. That's it.

Meanwhile, some of the people whose ACTUAL identity is tied to it don't like it and you call it "PC bull" and dismiss their feelings.

ndsubison1
09-14-2015, 01:33 AM
Ndsu 34
Probably the only thing I hate in North Dakota 14

Sundog moral victory.

EC8CH
09-14-2015, 01:34 AM

It's the decade long derp fest that makes us have little pitty for the loss of the precious logo.

Don't like the alternatives... That's UND and their fanbases fault. Pick one and move on and stop wasting money on a hopeless cause.

ndsubison1
09-14-2015, 01:38 AM

1 think I think we can all agree on is IF (big IF) UND can leave the Fargo dome with a W, it would make the next game against eachother (be it playoffs or the 2019 game) that much more fun. I don't think there is any doubt there, and talk about re-starting a rivalry with a bang, though I know nobody on here wants to see that.

You already said this

BisonTru
09-14-2015, 01:38 AM

Yeah, I could get on board with those choices.

If they were going to re-nickname us Roughriders, Sundogs, North Stars, or NoDaks, I would be irate.

SDSUAlum08
09-14-2015, 01:39 AM
Is there a spread for this game?

CAS4127
09-14-2015, 01:39 AM

There it is-->wish NDSU would get hockey. Fuck you!!

The ONLY reason POS UND Fans want NDSU to have hockey is so they can beat us and claim more national championships. Fuck that. We don't need hockey to be nationally relevant. UND has hockey and isn't.

Jussayin'!

Sent from my iPhone.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 01:41 AM
I didn't say I hated anyone, I just thought to put so much of your meaning as a fanbase into a stupid nickname is silly. That's it.

Meanwhile, some of the people whose ACTUAL identity is tied to it don't like it and you call it "PC bull" and dismiss their feelings.

I get what you are saying. There are times I feel apathetic about it, and figure it really doesn't matter; at least is seems to matter more than it should. Then there is the angry part, that the NCAA can come in a force something like that. Like I said, the PC stuff really ticks me off. On the other hand, I think there were a lot of decent options the committee chose to ignore. Not to mention, that regardless of whether people like or dislike the use of No Nickname/UND, it was very popular, and dismissed prior to voting. Basically the whole process has just been a joke and waste of money.

I'm not even going to respond to you thinking its not "PC Bull", that whole thing is debatable as to who is and is not offended by it; who did and did not get to voice their opinion, etc. Basically the nickname stuff doesn't really have a place on this thread anyway.

As for the game, I'm just really looking forward to it, regardless of outcome. Obviously if the Sioux pulled an upset I would be pumped, but I'm just glad they are playing again. Pretty much UND's fault the rivalry ever stopped in the first place.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 01:42 AM

If they were going to re-nickname us Roughriders, Sundogs, North Stars, or NoDaks, I would be irate.

This whole thing was screwed from the beginning. Kupchella should have told Der Reichsmarschall Engelstad to go to hell and taken control of the name change personally.

HotShot
09-14-2015, 01:44 AM
This is going to be a beat down. I give UN_ no chance. This is the perfect game for the defense to get more confident and the offense to open things a bit more. Bison 45 UN_ 10

HotShot
09-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Quit talking about the damn name. Sheesh

Milkman
09-14-2015, 01:47 AM

Just me but I'm an alumnus and fan of an istitution not a word and a picture. I'd buy an NDSU sundogs shirt in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 01:47 AM
Quit talking about the damn name. Sheesh

So what are your thoughts on the name?

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 01:48 AM

The ONLY reason POS UND Fans want NDSU to have hockey is so they can beat us and claim more national championships. Fuck that. We don't need hockey to be nationally relevant. UND has hockey and isn't.

Jussayin'!

Sent from my iPhone.

Not at all, and my post wasn't supposed to be antagonistic at all. I really just think it would be a fun rivalry game. And would UND win, sure right away, but that doesn't last forever. Ask Wisconsin, their rivalry started with MN when their club team beat the goofs; after that it was a huge rivalry.

As I fan, If I wanted a team to just beat every year, there are plenty of other teams. I really don't have any disrespect for NDSU and like I said have pulled for their teams in certain scenarios. I have family that are big fans, so while I'm a UND fan, I don't have the hate for NDSU that some people do.

I think I was pretty clear in my last post that while UND may be nationally recognized in hockey, hockey is not as nationally recognized as football. Would their be fans that say that crap? Sure, like I said, all fan bases have idiots.

I really would have liked to see NDSU get a hockey team, because I think there is a lot of potential for rivalry games there AND as Penn St. showed the past few years, it doesnt take long to get competitive.

Gotta realize that not ever post from a UND fan is an attack on your school. Really not here for the bantor, just like to talk sport, especially during game week.

Thomas96
09-14-2015, 01:51 AM

The ONLY reason POS UND Fans want NDSU to have hockey is so they can beat us and claim more national championships. Fuck that. We don't need hockey to be nationally relevant. UND has hockey and isn't

Sent from my iPhone.
This^^^^. They can shove those pucks up their ass. Sioux suck shit. Always have. Always will.

Milkman
09-14-2015, 01:52 AM
There are so many na.mes that in a vacuum are rediculous. It's what the team and fans make of it. Just ask Thad Castle (yes I know he was played by a GF native)......sooooo many puns intended

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CAS4127
09-14-2015, 02:00 AM
This^^^^. They can shove those pucks up their ass. Sioux suck shit. Always have. Always will.

Nice mtg you yesterday and I agree. Not gonna responsf to UND posts any longer. Fake-ass at best. And just classic-->we can't otherwise compete, so please get hockey ... a sport that about 30 effing schools in the world play. Nah!! We are fine.

Sent from my iPhone.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:07 AM
Really interested to see how this game plays out. Not just from a W-L standpoint, but how the game actually transpires.

Will NDSU establish the run game, or will UND's run defense play strong? We've looked good so far, but this will be a great measuring stick. Wyoming was supposed to be a strong running team, and they ran well this weekend, but definitely terrible against UND. Then again, our run D looked good again this week, but in a terrible game against Drake. Regardless, Frazier and Morlock are both very solid, not to mention Wentz's ability even if he isn't 100%

Will NDSU smoke us through the air? Even without throwing deep, NDSU looked great this weekend through the air. The short pass to Morlock that turned into a long TD was a great play, and with tremendous effort. Drake exposed us WAY more than they should have this weekend, and that alone has me nervous for next weekend, after we had a nice showing against Wyoming.

Will UND be able to expose the Bison defense? In watching the game vs MT, I was not surprise to see the Bison put up so many point, though I definitely was surpised to see MT score so many points, especially with so many long passes. That being said, I know the Bison lost a lot of starters, and there is some catching up to do with the young guys. Will UND be able to take advantage, or will the Bison make all of the right adjustments.

Will special teams play a big factor in the game?

Will there be many turnovers, and how much will that impact the game? Good lord I hope UND cleans up their offense this week. I think we put the ball on the ground 7 times this week (one which cost us a touchdown). 7!!! If that happens this week it will be a very fun afternoon for most of you. On the other side of the ball, we have missed 3 or 4 easy interceptions this year. Gotta take advantage of that.

All in all, I certainly don't expect us to win, based on where both of these teams are right now; but stranger things have happened. So I'm certainly hopeful. After our game against Drake, I think fans are way more nervous than they were. Then again, maybe it is a good thing that happened when it did. Our team is definitely not going to come in too high on themselves for a win over a low caliber FBS team; can't come in feeling good about much from the Drake game.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:08 AM
Never said that, and certainly don't expect you guys to get hockey, I think we are all aware of the success you guys have had in football, and basketball too. Just think it would be a fun game on the schedule. Doesn't matter, it won't happen.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 02:09 AM
Nice mtg you yesterday and I agree. Not gonna responsf to UND posts any longer. Fake-ass at best. And just classic-->we can't otherwise compete, so please get hockey ... a sport that about 30 effing schools in the world play. Nah!! We are fine.

Sent from my iPhone.

Be fair, it's 59. Although about 30 of them are actually DI

BlueBisonRock
09-14-2015, 02:09 AM
Bison 24 - Sundogs/Fighting Hawks 10.

Bison 45 - Nodicks 20

Ace's O. HerdBoy's D.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 02:10 AM
Really interested to see how this game plays out. Not just from a W-L standpoint, but how the game actually transpires.

Will NDSU establish the run game, or will UND's run defense play strong? We've looked good so far, but this will be a great measuring stick. Wyoming was supposed to be a strong running team, and they ran well this weekend, but definitely terrible against UND. Then again, our run D looked good again this week, but in a terrible game against Drake. Regardless, Frazier and Morlock are both very solid, not to mention Wentz's ability even if he isn't 100%

Will NDSU smoke us through the air? Even without throwing deep, NDSU looked great this weekend through the air. The short pass to Morlock that turned into a long TD was a great play, and with tremendous effort. Drake exposed us WAY more than they should have this weekend, and that alone has me nervous for next weekend, after we had a nice showing against Wyoming.

Will UND be able to expose the Bison defense? In watching the game vs MT, I was not surprise to see the Bison put up so many point, though I definitely was surpised to see MT score so many points, especially with so many long passes. That being said, I know the Bison lost a lot of starters, and there is some catching up to do with the young guys. Will UND be able to take advantage, or will the Bison make all of the right adjustments.

Will special teams play a big factor in the game?

Will there be many turnovers, and how much will that impact the game? Good lord I hope UND cleans up their offense this week. I think we put the ball on the ground 7 times this week (one which cost us a touchdown). 7!!! If that happens this week it will be a very fun afternoon for most of you. On the other side of the ball, we have missed 3 or 4 easy interceptions this year. Gotta take advantage of that.

All in all, I certainly don't expect us to win, based on where both of these teams are right now; but stranger things have happened. So I'm certainly hopeful. After our game against Drake, I think fans are way more nervous than they were. Then again, maybe it is a good thing that happened when it did. Our team is definitely not going to come in too high on themselves for a win over a low caliber FBS team; can't come in feeling good about much from the Drake game.

You will likely not win, and probably not look at all good doing it.

That's my honest analysis.

NDSUBowler
09-14-2015, 02:11 AM
Not yet but by Tues or Wed there will be one on 5dimes.

I have NO idea where it is going to open but id guess somewhere in the 28-33 range

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:13 AM

Jussayin'!

Sent from my iPhone.

Wow, for how many people on this forum say UND fans are obnoxious, you guys have some real class acts on here. I'm not on here for the banter or the name calling, just to talk sports, not sure whats with all the hate. I understand getting pissed at the UND posters that come here looking to belittle NDSU and make pointless arguments, but I have and will be respectful on here. I hate when some of the bison poster go on Siouxsports and post nonsense too, so that's not what I'm looking for on here ... back to the game chat.

HotShot
09-14-2015, 02:15 AM
Wow, for how many people on this forum say UND fans are obnoxious, you guys have some real class acts on here. I'm not on here for the banter or the name calling, just to talk sports, not sure whats with all the hate. I understand getting pissed at the UND posters that come here looking to belittle NDSU and make pointless arguments, but I have and will be respectful on here. I hate when some of the bison poster go on Siouxsports and post nonsense too, so that's not what I'm looking for on here ... back to the game chat.
Just don't bring hockey up here. Simple.

Thomas96
09-14-2015, 02:16 AM

Sent from my iPhone.
Nice meeting you too. See you Saturday. Go Bison!!!

CaBisonFan
09-14-2015, 02:17 AM
Wow, for how many people on this forum say UND fans are obnoxious, you guys have some real class acts on here. I'm not on here for the banter or the name calling, just to talk sports, not sure whats with all the hate. I understand getting pissed at the UND posters that come here looking to belittle NDSU and make pointless arguments, but I have and will be respectful on here. I hate when some of the bison poster go on Siouxsports and post nonsense too, so that's not what I'm looking for on here ... back to the game chat.Do you hate it when UND supporters write nonsense on siouxsports? You know...calling NDSU every name in the book except for its real name? It's one of the hobbies over there.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:17 AM

Jussayin'!

Sent from my iPhone.

I didn't, that would have been a Bison fan. All I did was say, I thought it would be cool if NDSU had a program. Really, wasn't any bad comments, just that I though it would be cool. I also think it would be cool if UND picked wrestling back up. Just as harmless of a comment. Anyway ...

tjbison
09-14-2015, 02:21 AM

I believe it as a NDSU fan that brought it up....wow this is why this is going to be a long week

CAS4127
09-14-2015, 02:22 AM

Here's more simple: UND's win over Wyo was more "historic" (see Miller article) not so much because it was a win over an FBS program but more so because Bohl (think NDSU) was the coach.

Don't kid yourself on that one.

#buttfuckinghockey!!

Sent from my iPhone.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:22 AM
Do you hate it when UND supporters write nonsense on siouxsports? You know...calling NDSU every name in the book except for its real name? It's one of the hobbies over there.

I hate when Sioux posters, post nonsensical banter over there. Yes. I think it is really irritating when some of our poster post argumentative crap in the forums that are intentionally starting arguments. We get good and bad NDSU posters in our forums too. Some which are there just to stir crap up, and others who are actually there to have legit conversations about the programs and the games.

NDSUBowler
09-14-2015, 02:23 AM
What gamechat? You've talked about hockey and Un_'s nickname issues. We have a dedicated thread in a different area to talk about the nickname shit if you want. We don't give 2 flying fks about hockey in the football forum.

Cant wait to crush UN_ back to irrelevance on Saturday.

CAS4127
09-14-2015, 02:24 AM
I didn't, that would have been a Bison fan. All I did was say, I thought it would be cool if NDSU had a program. Really, wasn't any bad comments, just that I though it would be cool. I also think it would be cool if UND picked wrestling back up. Just as harmless of a comment. Anyway ...

It would also be cool if UND picked up a real football team ... and a mascot.

Sent from my iPhone.

LongLostAlum
09-14-2015, 02:27 AM
Why do you have to hate so much? You might not care, but I guarantee not everyone would feel that way. I always like the name and the logo, I think the alternative they put out there are pretty terrible. And the reasoning for us getting ride of the name is equally bad. Because the name wouldn't matter to you, means it shouldn't to anyone? C'mon man.I don't have a dog in the fight, but I see your side of the issue. I hate PC correctness, and I don't think it should be forced upon anyone.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:29 AM
What gamechat? You've talked about hockey and Un_'s nickname issues. We have a dedicated thread in a different area to talk about the nickname shit if you want. We don't give 2 flying fks about hockey in the football forum.

Cant wait to crush UN_ back to irrelevance on Saturday.

Dude, I know you don't care about either issue, my posts were in response to other Bison fans who did bring up each of those issues. Lets just drop it altogether and stick to football then.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:32 AM
Here's more simple: UND's win over Wyo was more "historic" (see Miller article) not so much because it was a win over an FBS program but more so because Bohl (think NDSU) was the coach.

Don't kid yourself on that one.

#buttfuckinghockey!!

Sent from my iPhone.

Agree with you, not a great statement. Beating Craig Bohl? Who cares ... solid coach, who is working to get a struggling program up an running. That is just a dumb thing to say, but I guess they need to try to make a more relevant story to the region ... i don't know.

Bottom line is it was a good win for UND, and it was a long time coming. They have had some close ones, but never got the win. Now Wyoming is no Kansas St or Iowa St, but they are still and FBS program, and UND did pretty much dominate the game, so I'll still take it.

Dumb comment by Miller though, hadn't seen that one.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:35 AM
How did Stick do yesterday? I saw him run once, but then didn't get to watch the 4th Q. Kids woke up from naps, and then the UND game started. How did he look? I've heard he is going to be really solid, but didn't get to see him play much. I assume Wentz didn't reaggravate anything yesterday, and will play next week. Though I wonder they will continue to put Easton in the mix.

BisonFan02
09-14-2015, 02:37 AM
How did Stick do yesterday? I saw him run once, but then didn't get to watch the 4th Q. Kids woke up from naps, and then the UND game started. How did he look? I've heard he is going to be really solid, but didn't get to see him play much. I assume Wentz didn't reaggravate anything yesterday, and will play next week. Though I wonder they will continue to put Easton in the mix.

Easton will be in the mix a lot in the second half...maybe earlier.

EC8CH
09-14-2015, 02:37 AM

He looked like he did in the spring game minus any passing. Which is to say, kid has wheels.

CaBisonFan
09-14-2015, 02:38 AM
Dude, I know you don't care about either issue, my posts were in response to other Bison fans who did bring up each of those issues. Lets just drop it altogether and stick to football then.I didn't want this game to happen. Regardless of the outcome, I didn't want to see it. There should be one DI football team and one DI hockey team...supported by all North Dakotans.

But here we are...spewing out nothing but bullshit. Can't wait for Saturday to be over with.

BisonTru
09-14-2015, 02:38 AM
Agree with you, not a great statement. Beating Craig Bohl? Who cares ... solid coach, who is working to get a struggling program up an running. That is just a dumb thing to say, but I guess they need to try to make a more relevant story to the region ... i don't know.

Bottom line is it was a good win for UND, and it was a long time coming. They have had some close ones, but never got the win. Now Wyoming is no Kansas St or Iowa St, but they are still and FBS program, and UND did pretty much dominate the game, so I'll still take it.

Dumb comment by Miller though, hadn't seen that one.

I couldn't watch either of your games, but how did you guys run the ball all over Wyoming and then non-scholly Drake bottles up your running game to the tune of less than a yard per carry?

Looking at just stats it's hard to believe the same team played both games.

CaBisonFan
09-14-2015, 02:40 AM
How did Stick do yesterday? I saw him run once, but then didn't get to watch the 4th Q. Kids woke up from naps, and then the UND game started. How did he look? I've heard he is going to be really solid, but didn't get to see him play much. I assume Wentz didn't reaggravate anything yesterday, and will play next week. Though I wonder they will continue to put Easton in the mix.Easton has a chance to be great at NDSU. He's a gifted athlete. Just needs experience and maturity.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:44 AM
Well I definitely didn't watch your spring game, but that is what my buddy told me too. He said the kid was a great runner. The one play I saw him in showed that, Weber just couldn't take him down, and he just kept the feet going. It'll be interesting to see how his passing game is for after Wentz leaves. Obviously Wentz has a terrific arm, so is Stick going to be closer to a Jensen type player (bet better). I assume people on here know more about him than I do.

CaBisonFan
09-14-2015, 02:46 AM
Well I definitely didn't watch your spring game, but that is what my buddy told me too. He said the kid was a great runner. The one play I saw him in showed that, Weber just couldn't take him down, and he just kept the feet going. It'll be interesting to see how his passing game is for after Wentz leaves. Obviously Wentz has a terrific arm, so is Stick going to be closer to a Jensen type player (bet better). I assume people on here know more about him than I do. We don't know enough yet. To say 'better' than Jensen here somehow doesn't make any sense. Jensen just won.

Answer Guy
09-14-2015, 02:50 AM

1998 - (39-25 UND)
2000 - (16-13 NDSU)
2002 - (12-6 UND)

I think the Kleinsasser game you're thinking about was 1998.

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 02:52 AM
TOTALLY AGREE !

From what I understand Fighting SIOUX apparel will not be allowed in the dome.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:54 AM
We don't know enough yet. To say 'better' than Jensen here somehow doesn't make any sense. Jensen just won.

True, definitely wasn't a shot at Jensen. Like you said, the kid just got it done. I guess I though Stick was supposed to be a stellar athlete, so maybe better on paper? I don't know, I'm sure he will be a solid player, you guys have had plenty of those over the past several years.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 02:55 AM
I couldn't watch either of your games, but how did you guys run the ball all over Wyoming and then non-scholly Drake bottles up your running game to the tune of less than a yard per carry?

Looking at just stats it's hard to believe the same team played both games.

I really don't know, since the Wyoming game wasn't on TV or webcast. I was at the lake, and was able to listen on the radio. From what I heard, our O line played great against WYO then terrible against Drake. Yesterday was an incredibly boring game to watch, and I can only hope they use it as motivation. Not to mention our team put the ball on the ground 7 times! Santiago played like a stud against WYO, with 150 yds and 2 tds (and another 70 yd TD) called back, then fell flat on his face. It'll be interesting to see if he bounces back this week (Can't play any worse than he did this week). Also interesting to see if the coaching staff takes the redshirt off Iwarri Smith, who is supposed to be a great athlete (but nothing matters til you prove it on the field). Sounds like two different teams showed up, I just hope the right one shows up on Saturday.

Matchups and styles certainly play a factor in games, but I can't imagine that was the case here. There is not way we matchup to WYO's style that much better than Drakes, to have the type of outcomes in each of those games. I think you just have a team that played well one week, and terrible the next.

I know NDSU fans want this to be a complete and utter blowout, and if I was in your position, I would too. As a UND fan, I want this game to be competitive. Being competitive with NDSU is not something that many teams have done in the past 4-5 years, so a competitive game, let alone a win, would cement the fact that we are on the right track.

SafeTeeJ
09-14-2015, 02:58 AM
I've been to 5 Bison vs Sundog games

11/15/86 13 62 NDSU
11/14/87 10 42 NDSU
11/12/88 27 34 NDSU
11/11/89 0 21 NDSU
11/10/90 14 42 NDSU

Score will close to the 1986 score.
with our tails up in the air .....Suk it!

1998braves64
09-14-2015, 03:02 AM

1998 - (39-25 UND)
2000 - (16-13 NDSU)
2002 - (12-6 UND)

Would have been playing there in 1996 but I think the Kleinsasser game you're thinking of was in 1998 as that was my first introduction in person to the rivalry and remember him torching us that year.

Mr. Burgundy
09-14-2015, 03:08 AM
I really don't know, since the Wyoming game wasn't on TV or webcast. I was at the lake, and was able to listen on the radio. From what I heard, our O line played great against WYO then terrible against Drake. Yesterday was an incredibly boring game to watch, and I can only hope they use it as motivation. Not to mention our team put the ball on the ground 7 times! Santiago played like a stud against WYO, with 150 yds and 2 tds (and another 70 yd TD) called back, then fell flat on his face. It'll be interesting to see if he bounces back this week (Can't play any worse than he did this week). Also interesting to see if the coaching staff takes the redshirt off Iwarri Smith, who is supposed to be a great athlete (but nothing matters til you prove it on the field). Sounds like two different teams showed up, I just hope the right one shows up on Saturday.

Matchups and styles certainly play a factor in games, but I can't imagine that was the case here. There is not way we matchup to WYO's style that much better than Drakes, to have the type of outcomes in each of those games. I think you just have a team that played well one week, and terrible the next.

I know NDSU fans want this to be a complete and utter blowout, and if I was in your position, I would too. As a UND fan, I want this game to be competitive. Being competitive with NDSU is not something that many teams have done in the past 4-5 years, so a competitive game, let alone a win, would cement the fact that we are on the right track.

So u are hoping for a moral victory. Typical. Good luck

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 03:09 AM

Not even going to get that. I don't hope for a blowout, I just know it's going to be one.

td577
09-14-2015, 03:10 AM

I think most on here call it like they see it. Another "I come in peace post" that will eventually turn into you don't respect our program post that will eventually turn into you are a douchebag post. Don't take it personally, just take it. I don't come to your house and tell you how to behave, so why would you think it is proper to do it in someone else's?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

td577
09-14-2015, 03:13 AM

They are just going to make them turn their whoiux apparel inside out. Apparently they can't make people buy something to wear at the game if they don't have something else with them.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 03:14 AM
I think most on here call it like they see it. Another "I come in peace post" that will eventually turn into you don't respect our program post that will eventually turn into you are a douchebag post. Don't take it personally, just take it. I don't come to your house and tell you how to behave, so why would you think it is proper to do it in someone else's?

This.

I never go to other message boards for this reason. WTF are you going to get there but a pile of steaming crap?

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 03:15 AM
They are just going to make them turn their whoiux apparel inside out. Apparently they can't make people buy something to wear at the game if they don't have something else with them.

Yeah thats what I herd......... they were saying at the Weber game...leave or turn inside out

CaBisonFan

Sent from my SPH-L720 using TapatalkAre you serious?

Bison 4 Life
Thats what they were saying at the Weber game...leave or tun inside out

I might actually go into the Dome early just to see this. Might be better than the game.

BisonTru
09-14-2015, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE=siouxfan512;1037955]Sounds like two different teams showed up, I just hope the right one shows up on Saturday.
[QUOTE]

Oh we'll get your best. Bubba knows the significance of this game. I'd expect a WYO-like game.

Just judging by highlights of the Wyoming game it looks like you guys broke some big runs. Our LBs are good, but our safeties are young. If you can get your backs into our secondary and we're out of position you could break some long runs. Weber State scored 14 points on big plays (one on special teams.)

I expect this game to go similar to Weber State, but you never know especially considering how motivated your squad will come in.

1998braves64
09-14-2015, 03:19 AM

Yeah thats what I herd......... they were saying at the Weber game...leave or turn inside out

What good does that do either come up with a creative way to cover it up going in the dome, North Dakota windbreaker and Sioux shirt?? Obviously nazis inside could come down on them to turn it inside out but in some areas they're never close enough to even see it. Point is why go through the hassle (slowing up lines) they'll figure out a way to get it in. People get alcohol in the dome, a shirt will be easy.

tjbison
09-14-2015, 03:20 AM

This has to be a joke..

El_Chapo
09-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Sioux fan 512 = Hayduke aka Nathan Fields

or Darrel.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 03:21 AM
What good does that do either come up with a creative way to cover it up going in the dome, North Dakota windbreaker and Sioux shirt?? Obviously nazis inside could come down on them to turn it inside out but in some areas they're never close enough to even see it. Point is why go through the hassle (slowing up lines) they'll figure out a way to get it in. People get alcohol in the dome, a shirt will be easy.

Nah man, we don't have any Nazis inside the dome. We'd have a much nicer building if that were the case.

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 03:22 AM
I might actually go into the Dome early just to see this. Might be better than the game.

true.....for whats its worth goes for signs, banners, flags etc. as well...anything derogatory to the real SIOUX. I guess that why fighting Sioux is out. not sure on apparel that just says Sioux. Anyone know?

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 03:23 AM

The Nazis will be in full force. Are adding extra security as well

56BISON73
09-14-2015, 03:23 AM
true.....for whats its worth goes for signs, banners, flags etc. as well...anything derogatory to the real SIOUX. I guess that why fighting Sioux is out. not sure on apparel that just says Sioux. Anyone know?

Sue---yes. Sioux----no. They dont want any room for interpretation.

1998braves64
09-14-2015, 03:26 AM

If they are banning apparel better let the town up north know with a big PSA before the game. Not that it matters to me, I will not be there. Again so many things with this nickname fiasco. Problem to me it's just not worth NDSU/Fargodome personnel time to try to "enforce" it. Not to mention it just gives another potential sideshow (see Bison4Life's post...) to what is potentially a whale of a circus this Saturday.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 03:27 AM

Nope, going to hope for a win, like everyone else. But I won't be extremely disappointed if we lose a close game to a team that won the last 4 (should have been 5, I still call bogus on that E Wash game) national championships. I will be disappoint if we get absolutely smoked because of bad plays, bad penalties, or bad turnovers.

Losing to a better team is one thing, taking yourself out of a game is a whole different thing. I live and grew up in MN, and unforunately our state tends to live on "Moral Victories". Not a fan of them, but I'm also realistic. Our team was 5-7 last year, to say we will, or should, come in and dominate or get a guaranteed win would be ludicrous. I'm not that dumb, I certainly hope we win (and anything can happen), but I'm looking for continued development of the program. Did not like our last coach or his style, Like Bubba's better, Beating WYO was a step forward, Beating drake the way we did was a step back. NDSU is hands down the best team on our schedule. It makes it a good measuring stick for us.

What other program out there, coming off a 5-7 season, would go into a game (as a fanbase) expecting to win against the defending National Champs (x4). If we take the game to the wire, I'll be impressed. If we win, i'll be ecstatic. But ultimately, I'm looking for how we play the game. Does our Def. play strong. Does our Rush Def, continue to hold teams. Can we re-establish the run game.

I certainly want to win this game, but the season also extends beyond just NDSU. I want UND to compete in our conference too. Important game, but it is just one game, and win or loss, there will be alot to be learned from playing top competition.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 03:28 AM
If they are banning apparel better let the town up north know with a big PSA before the game. Not that it matters to me, I will not be there. Again so many things with this nickname fiasco. Problem to me it's just not worth NDSU/Fargodome personnel time to try to "enforce" it. Not to mention it just gives another potential sideshow (see Bison4Life's post...) to what is potentially a whale of a circus this Saturday.

https://media.giphy.com/media/RHiD0K65NxxLO/giphy.gif

td577
09-14-2015, 03:29 AM

Administration is waiting until late Thursday to make any announcements so there isn't enough time to protest. I don't want to add fuel to the fire with anything that might be construed as speculation. Just don't be surprised when the release is no Sioux anything because ndsu wants nothing to do with any accusations of being disrespectful down the road.

1998braves64
09-14-2015, 03:29 AM

The Nazis will be in full force. Are adding extra security as well

Nazis never make it past row J (if even that far usually hang out at the concourse level. Only time I've seen them above that level is if someone pukes and they have to haul a mop and wash bucket up. The people above row J probably make up 66% of the seats in the dome. Still highly unlikely they can do anything to enforce it after they get through the door unless person is at concourse level and below. And not to mention it'll slow up lines going in to "pat down" for Whioux apparel.

EC8CH
09-14-2015, 03:32 AM

What time do I need to show up at the gates with a few hundred free "Fighting Sundogs" tee-shirts?

ndsubison1
09-14-2015, 03:33 AM
How much of that vaunted run defense had to do with Wyo and Drake playing catch up and forcing them to throw?

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 03:35 AM

Fair enough, I'm sure you get plenty of it, but I'm certainly not looking for the banter crap. I responded to a Bison fan over hockey talk, then was criticized for bringing up hockey. Regardless, I don't think there is anything wrong with talking to opposing fans. Come on over to SS. If you're respectful and a UND poster isn't, I'll defend you to the end, I hate the senseless arguments. There is enough to argue about with sport, that it doesn't need to become personal/petty crap.

td577
09-14-2015, 03:35 AM
Nazis never make it past row J (if even that far usually hang out at the concourse level. Only time I've seen them above that level is if someone pukes and they have to haul a mop and wash bucket up. The people above row J probably make up 66% of the seats in the dome. Still highly unlikely they can do anything to enforce it after they get through the door unless person is at concourse level and below. And not to mention it'll slow up lines going in to "pat down" for Whioux apparel.

They are setting up a couple of changing booths to let fans turn their apparel inside out. This is also the game where dome security is implementing the text-a-tip program. They are hoping fellow fans will alert them. There will be all sorts of announcements along the lines of in light of good sportsmanship, blah...blah...blah. Fans will just text when they see something.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 03:39 AM
How much of that vaunted run defense had to do with Wyo and Drake playing catch up and forcing them to throw?

Exactly what I am wondering. I was impressed with it in the WYO game, because they had pretty strong RBs, and they weren't that far behind. Drake game doesn't say much to much, for or against us. I really think Frazier and Morlock will show us where we stand. Difference is, NDSU is the first team we are facing who has a strong passing game too. Very interested to see if our D can take the challenge or if it has all been smoke and mirrors.

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 03:39 AM
They are setting up a couple of changing booths to let fans turn their apparel inside out. This is also the game where dome security is implementing the text-a-tip program. They are hoping fellow fans will alert them. There will be all sorts of announcements along the lines of in light of good sportsmanship, blah...blah...blah. Fans will just text when they see something.

The text a tip has actually in affect for the weber game.....they were asking volunteers to test it out. when I came through security they asked one in our group....she got a free beverage out of the deal.

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 03:42 AM
The text a tip has actually in affect for the weber game.....they were asking volunteers to test it out. when I came through security they asked one in our group....she got a free beverage out of the deal.

During the game she sent a test message and a DN came right up to our seats and delivered the free drink coupon. BTW we are way past J! I was kinda impressed with how prompt they were!!!

I bet the Dome sees how this works for the Sioux shit show and then it becomes a factor for serving beer.

ndsubison1
09-14-2015, 03:47 AM
Fair enough, I'm sure you get plenty of it, but I'm certainly not looking for the banter crap. I responded to a Bison fan over hockey talk, then was criticized for bringing up hockey. Regardless, I don't think there is anything wrong with talking to opposing fans. Come on over to SS. If you're respectful and a UND poster isn't, I'll defend you to the end, I hate the senseless arguments. There is enough to argue about with sport, that it doesn't need to become personal/petty crap.

Who brought up hockey?

EC8CH
09-14-2015, 03:49 AM
Whoiux brought up hockey?

Exactly

10char

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 03:58 AM

I love senseless arguments.

Civil06
09-14-2015, 04:01 AM

You registered for the site this month with "Sioux" in your username. Not many will take you seriously around here.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 04:04 AM
Who brought up hockey?

Not sure, you can go back and check. It was pretty innocent, guy said UND never helped NDSUs club team get going, I said I thought it would be cool it the Bison had a hockey team, people got pissed, that was about it ... anyway ....

1998braves64
09-14-2015, 04:08 AM

Personally I have other concerns other than what someone is wearing. I wouldn't bother. Before many in the dome text a tip about Whioux apparel they would have to know about the zero tolerance policy and then care enough to do it. I don't know why we have to bring the Whioux nickname battle unto NDSU's shoulders, it's not our problem it's theirs.

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 04:08 AM
Righ5, well I registered cuz we haven't played in years and wanted to talk football, which some of your fans have been cool with. Others just seem to want to argue about crap. Funny thin is there are plenty of UND folks who despise NDSU, I've never been one. Wasn't around from more than 1 game of the rivalry as a freshman, which was a blast. Then my in laws are huge bison fans, so I'll tailgate with them and their friends when I'm in Fargo. Always have a great time with great people. Don't have to take me seriously, but I'm really not on hear for the senseless arguments.

Bison D Def looked better this week. Was MT just that much better than Weber, or did your D make a lot of adjustments this week?

perthbison
09-14-2015, 04:09 AM

They should have a stack of xxL "sundog"T shirts to hand them and they can put it over their offensive shirt or else leave

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 04:09 AM
Personally I have other concerns other than what someone is wearing. I wouldn't bother. Before many in the dome text a tip about Sioux apparel they would have to know about the zero tolerance policy and then care enough to do it.
http://img.ifcdn.com/images/7deeb8e953cd27eac64866c8d153f22db854dc6e2053795019 12901c83812694_1.gif

thebigund
09-14-2015, 04:10 AM
None. Every time Drake tried to run, outside of one good run they had, I laughed because we were so stout.

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 04:11 AM
http://img.ifcdn.com/images/7deeb8e953cd27eac64866c8d153f22db854dc6e2053795019 12901c83812694_1.gif

Shoot people will do it just to mess with the suck fans

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 04:15 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/8fen5LSZcHQ5O/giphy.gif

I'm literally thinking the game is going to be about the 5th most entertaining thing about next weekend.

Kevin
09-14-2015, 04:16 AM
I predict a half time show that makes me cringe at least once, a big Bison victory and a lot of whining.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 04:17 AM
I'm just going to watch, I won't engage. I had 3 people individually try to pick fights with me on my way out of the Alerus in 2003. Fuck them. I hope they have a shitty time.

1998braves64
09-14-2015, 04:20 AM

Which is my point about putting the nickname fight on NDSU's shoulders. Whioux fans will take it that way (Bison fans messing with us to cause us problems) regardless of whether it actually is or not.

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 04:21 AM
I am with you, I never wanted this game.

1998braves64
09-14-2015, 04:24 AM
I am with you, I never wanted this game.

I think we make a bigger statement by "ignoring" it, not that the SSS chant is exactly ignoring it. I can guarantee you the forever Whioux fans will be licking their chops over this "fight", which will drag out this stupid "game" talk into the following week because we have a bye week the following week giving Fargo media an extra week on this crap.

smoothjack
09-14-2015, 04:42 AM

Not intended to be smack. However, if this is actually true, it's embarrassing. Seems like a stunt comparable to throwing dead animals onto playing surfaces of our D2 days, not of a highly successful program with FBS aspirations. Has any other school, in any other sport, forced UND followers to turn their apparel inside out? Why start now? Yes, their mascot situation is a mess but why are you trying to get pulled in and get involved? Just let them wear their damn clothes, beat them by 40+ and move on.

Has to be a joke right:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

BisonFan02
09-14-2015, 04:46 AM
Not intended to be smack. However, if this is actually true, it's embarrassing. Seems like a stunt comparable to throwing dead animals onto playing surfaces of our D2 days, not of a highly successful program with FBS aspirations. Has any other school, in any other sport, forced UND followers to turn their apparel inside out? Why start now? Yes, their mascot situation is a mess but why are you trying to get pulled in and get involved? Just let them wear their damn clothes, beat them by 40+ and move on.

No way its true....why in the fuck would the Fargodome and dome secur......errrrrr...nevermind. :rofl:

CAS4127
09-14-2015, 04:49 AM

Agreed. Common sense please!!

Sent from my iPhone.

mgbison
09-14-2015, 05:06 AM
Could the dome authority be talking about the NDSU t shirts that say Sioux Suck. Those are funny, but I can see how they could be taken as offensive.

gizmo
09-14-2015, 05:09 AM

Oh,no....not another Skippy joke!

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 05:09 AM
IMO this kinda sucks, we happen to share tickets with a another couple... we have a 2nd pair ticks right behind the goal line and we trade seats at the half. Anyway, I was gonna wear a Siouxper drunk fest shirt ...You know the one that went viral and brought national shame on UND. Was hoping to get it on TV...this sucks.

MAKBison
09-14-2015, 05:13 AM
Could the dome authority be talking about the NDSU t shirts that say Sioux Suck. Those are funny, but I can see how they could be taken as offensive.

Word is anything offensive to the real Sioux Tribes. So yes. SIOUX SUCKS is out. I think if it were just to say Sioux you are fine. Hopefully our resident domenazi chimes in. BTW I think they did inform the school up north, as I heard they were chatting about it on their boards.

JMB
09-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Granted it is very early in the week but it's interesting to look at the rwo newspapers. El Heraldo has already run two stories on the "Dakota Bowl" and the big rivalry. The Foolum? The only mention so far is the comments from the post game blog where Kolpack basically says "Meh, this will be interesting but UNI is probably our real rival."

BisoninNWMN
09-14-2015, 11:32 AM
If UND plays like they did in the 2nd half of the Drake game this will be a 30-40 point blowout!

But I think the UND defense will come to play and make it respectable. I don't think the UND offense has the talent to consistently score on the Bison defense. One thing the Bison defense needs is a good pass rush. They cannot let their QB sit back and throw the ball around.

NDSUBowler
09-14-2015, 01:07 PM
If UND plays like they did in the 2nd half of the Drake game this will be a 30-40 point blowout!

But I think the UND defense will come to play and make it respectable. I don't think the UND offense has the talent to consistently score on the Bison defense. One thing the Bison defense needs is a good pass rush. They cannot let their QB sit back and throw the ball around.

If UND plays like the 2nd half vs Drake where they got outscored 18-0, they will lose by 60+ to NDSU.

THEsocalledfan
09-14-2015, 01:10 PM
If UND plays like the 2nd half vs Drake where they got outscored 18-0, they will lose by 60+ to NDSU.

From reading UNDies, my understanding that UND does two things fairly well; run the ball and play solid D. Well, quality of D will not matter against NDSU offense if NDSU does not get overly cute, and NDSU D if fine when it comes to run defense. (Looking forward to their RB meeting Mr. DeLuca a few times....)

thebigund
09-14-2015, 01:32 PM
From reading UNDies, my understanding that UND does two things fairly well; run the ball and play solid D. Well, quality of D will not matter against NDSU offense if NDSU does not get overly cute, and NDSU D if fine when it comes to run defense. (Looking forward to their RB meeting Mr. DeLuca a few times....)

Our deep threat WR injured his hand bad against WYO and missed last game and will miss a few more. It changed things for our offense because he's maybe our only WR who could take the top off.

NDSUBowler
09-14-2015, 01:36 PM

They had a very solid 36 rush for 25 yards against Drake!

gotts
09-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Righ5, well I registered cuz we haven't played in years and wanted to talk football, which some of your fans have been cool with. Others just seem to want to argue about crap. Funny thin is there are plenty of UND folks who despise NDSU, I've never been one. Wasn't around from more than 1 game of the rivalry as a freshman, which was a blast. Then my in laws are huge bison fans, so I'll tailgate with them and their friends when I'm in Fargo. Always have a great time with great people. Don't have to take me seriously, but I'm really not on hear for the senseless arguments.

Bison D Def looked better this week. Was MT just that much better than Weber, or did your D make a lot of adjustments this week?

How many turtlenecks do you own? Asking for a friend.

Bison"FANatic"
09-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Well you who say it is just another game are DISRESPECTING those that grew up with the game. Well that is at least what Joel and Jack just said on the Heitkamps show. Time to turn the radio off for a week.

bisonhp330
09-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Word is anything offensive to the real Sioux Tribes. So yes. SIOUX SUCKS is out. I think if it were just to say Sioux you are fine. Hopefully our resident domenazi chimes in. BTW I think they did inform the school up north, as I heard they were chatting about it on their boards.

This whole talk is sickening- there will be shirts there will be sioux sucks chants- there will be in-your-face fans and players on the field. Its Monday and I'm already sick of the politically correct whining. The pussification of america has made it to the red river valley. If someone's feeling are hurt by a shirt or a chant than go get a hug from your mommy- maybe she cares- because the overwhelming majority have zero fucks to give.

SIOUX SUCK. ( off to sensitivity training)

cbline
09-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Right, well I registered because we haven't played in years and wanted to talk football, which some of your fans have been cool with. Others just seem to want to argue about crap. Funny thing is there are plenty of UND folks who despise NDSU, I've never been one. Wasn't around from more than 1 game of the rivalry as a freshman, which was a blast. Then my in-laws are huge bison fans, so I'll tailgate with them and their friends when I'm in Fargo. Always have a great time with great people. Don't have to take me seriously, but I'm really not on here for the senseless arguments.

Bison defense looked better this week. Was MT just that much better than Weber, or did your D make a lot of adjustments this week?

Bisonville expects MUCH better grammar from its contributors.

daddy daycare
09-14-2015, 02:17 PM

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the game and the tailgate.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Hopefully we can have some fun this week. This is a rivalry even though we haven't played football in a long time. Fargo and Grand Forks don't like each other, UND and NDSU don't like each other.

It seems all the bitterness and resentment surrounding this game comes from the high horses who think NDSU has gotten too big for the state of North Dakota.

Spoiler alert: it's still North Dakota.

SDbison
09-14-2015, 02:21 PM
This whole talk is sickening- there will be shirts there will be sioux sucks chants- there will be in-your-face fans and players on the field. Its Monday and I'm already sick of the politically correct whining. The pussification of america has made it to the red river valley. If someone's feeling are hurt by a shirt or a chant than go get a hug from your mommy- maybe she cares- because the overwhelming majority have zero fucks to give.

SIOUX SUCK. ( off to sensitivity training) EXACTLY! So tired of all the controls because some overly sensitive wimp got their feelings hurt. And this turn in your neighbor in text thing is a joke. Is there any criteria for what the Dome Nazis will respond to? I can only imagine.......This guy is yelling too loud.......keeps saying crap.......that is a four letter word.......please talk to him..........my kid who lives in a bubble will be forever scarred. For those of you too young to remember, anonamously turning people in for violating vague and insignificant rules was a system of control in the USSR. Phone in that your neighbor has American rock music or a pair of Levis.......got them sent to Siberia.
Here is the deal........if someone complains the Dome Nazis better watch the area and witness the behavior for themselves before acting. I doubt security has the brains to figure this out and will only react.

Buffalo.Rider
09-14-2015, 02:23 PM

find myself agreeing with you.
most overrated game on NDSU's schedule. As the last 4 years have shown, this is a totally unnecessary game as far as NDSU reaching its goals.

steelbison
09-14-2015, 02:24 PM

SIOUX SUCK. ( off to sensitivity training)

My thoughts exactly!! Rep given...

devin45k
09-14-2015, 02:24 PM
find myself agreeing with you.
most overrated game on NDSU's schedule. As the last 4 years have shown, this is a totally unnecessary game as far as NDSU reaching its goals.

Talk trash week in and week out but never show up to anything but Hockey.

Buffalo.Rider
09-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Really interested to see how this game plays out. Not just from a W-L standpoint, but how the game actually transpires. ... I certainly don't expect [UND] to win, based on where both of these teams are right now; but stranger things have happened. So I'm certainly hopeful. After our game against Drake, I think fans are way more nervous than they were. Then again, maybe it is a good thing that happened when it did. Our team is definitely not going to come in too high on themselves for a win over a low caliber FBS team; can't come in feeling good about much from the Drake game.

Hey siouxfan512 ... appreciate you and your thoughts. Appreciate the civil approach to all this.

As an NDSU alum, supporter ... the bold from your quote above, I agree.

Bison Loaf
09-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Obligatory for this week. Just replace "cur dogs" with "Sun Dogs".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yX8jZ4JMbqU

TateMosersneighbor
09-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Does anyone have a "The Bison are coming" T-shirt anymore? It's always been my favorite one...

TateMosersneighbor
09-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Let's hope both teams play well, with zero injuries. Let's also hope that both schools go on to having a great season respectively.

Hammerhead
09-14-2015, 02:47 PM
I'll be wearing my "4 quarters for a nickel" T-shirt even though we aren't playing for the nickel and wearing my "100 years of NDSU football" hat from 1994. :)

devin45k
09-14-2015, 02:59 PM
I'll be wearing my "4 quarters for a nickel" T-shirt even though we aren't playing for the nickel and wearing my "100 years of NDSU football" hat from 1994. :)

Like the old school vibe. Always wear an old NDSU jacket. I just surprisingly received my grandpa's 100 year pin from my grandma. He passed away 13 years ago.

ndsubison1
09-14-2015, 03:01 PM
EXACTLY! So tired of all the controls because some overly sensitive wimp got their feelings hurt. And this turn in your neighbor in text thing is a joke. Is there any criteria for what the Dome Nazis will respond to? I can only imagine.......This guy is yelling too loud.......keeps saying crap.......that is a four letter word.......please talk to him..........my kid who lives in a bubble will be forever scarred. For those of you too young to remember, anonamously turning people in for violating vague and insignificant rules was a system of control in the USSR. Phone in that your neighbor has American rock music or a pair of Levis.......got them sent to Siberia.
Here is the deal........if someone complains the Dome Nazis better watch the area and witness the behavior for themselves before acting. I doubt security has the brains to figure this out and will only react.

All of the professional teams have the text thing. Im sure many colleges too

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 03:15 PM
How many turtlenecks do you own? Asking for a friend.

7 and the collars have the day of the week printed on them. :)

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 03:15 PM
All of the professional teams have the text thing. Im sure many colleges too

There's a text thing at KU.

tjbison
09-14-2015, 03:29 PM
There's a text thing at KU.

It's done all over...

SDbison
09-14-2015, 03:30 PM
All of the professional teams have the text thing. Im sure many colleges too Doesn't make it right. And they probably know enough to first witness "accused" behavior before reacting.

IzzyFlexion
09-14-2015, 04:34 PM
They had a very solid 36 rush for 25 yards against Drake!

Even adding back the 31 yards lost via sack (3 of 'em) it's still only 1.5 ypc. The three longest runs from scrimmage were 15, 9, and 7.

Other interesting notes:

UN_ punted 6 times and Drake punted 10 times on Saturday...........ugh.
Division II Jewell College managed to put up 30 in week one against Drake. (at Drake)(Drake won 44-30).*

*fortunately for Wyoming neither Kevin Bacon or Jewell College is on the Cowboys' schedule.

BisoninNWMN
09-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Let's hope both teams play well, with zero injuries. Let's also hope that both schools go on to having a great season respectively.

Not me!!

I hope they lose the rest of their games.

GO BISON

aces1180
09-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Not me!!

I hope they lose the rest of their games.

GO BISON

There are only two teams I cheer for on Saturday...NDSU and whomever is playing UND!

coloradobison
09-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Even adding back the 31 yards lost via sack (3 of 'em) it's still only 1.5 ypc. The three longest runs from scrimmage were 15, 9, and 7.

Other interesting notes:

UN_ punted 6 times and Drake punted 10 times on Saturday...........ugh.
Division II Jewell College managed to put up 30 in week one against Drake. (at Drake)(Drake won 44-30).*

*fortunately for Wyoming neither Kevin Bacon or Jewell College is on the Cowboys' schedule.

Also saw they have fumbled 4 times and lost 3 in their two games. No INT's (yet)

bisonaudit
09-14-2015, 05:39 PM
The turning your offensive t-shirt inside out bit is not new. That was going on at both venues before UND decided to stop playing us.

cbline
09-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Dom Izzo keeps the "No Names" at #13 in his poll. I am missing something, or is the media putting out crap in order to trump up this weekend's game???

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/doms-fcs-2015-poll-week-2/#comment-122541

aces1180
09-14-2015, 05:57 PM
Not sure if he was serious, by Dr. Phil "UND Lapdog" Johnson was on Jack Michaels today and said that if NDSU fans got to loud, UND could complain and we could get penalized if we didnt be quiet. LOL!

Jack never did correct him, nor did he say he was kidding or even sound like it.

Earth to Dr. Phil, this isn't the early 90s NFL.

TransAmBison
09-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Beer labels to be delivered tomorrow. Original projection (after ordering) was for them to be delivered 9-21-15...would have really sucked to have UN_ beer labels after the game...

And more importantly, the SDSU labels will be on that shipment as well...including the Bisonville decided label.

cbline
09-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Not sure if he was serious, by Dr. Phil "UND Lapdog" Johnson was on Jack Michaels today and said that if NDSU fans got to loud, UND could complain and we could get penalized if we didnt be quiet. LOL!

Jack never did correct him, nor did he say he was kidding or even sound like it.

Jack sounded like a und lapdog as well on the KFGO post-game show this past Saturday, so don't expect any hard-hitting rebuttal from him.

As far the noise goes, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, New Hampshire, etc etc etc didn't put up a stink to the point of a warning being given. You play in a funeral home atmosphere in the Alerus, so live with it, sun dogs!

BisManBison
09-14-2015, 06:50 PM

Despite my better judgment, I listened to that too. Somebody needs to smack Jack Michaels out of the 1980's. It was on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how the state and the region needs this game. I don't know about anyone else, but I think I know how the fans of FBS schools feel when they see us on the schedule. This game is nothing but a lose/lose situation for NDSU. Somebody, anybody, give me one legitimate, meaningful thing NDSU will gain by playing this game that we don't already have. NDSU got to the top without UND, UND's fastest route back to legitimacy in football is through this game, period. Why we would give them that is beyond me. I'm still pissed it was an interim AD that scheduled this. He was fired, right?

siouxfan512
09-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Jack sounded like a und lapdog as well on the KFGO post-game show this past Saturday, so don't expect any hard-hitting rebuttal from him.

As far the noise goes, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, New Hampshire, etc etc etc didn't put up a stink to the point of a warning being given. You play in a funeral home atmosphere in the Alerus, so live with it, sun dogs!

Agreed, no reason fans shouldn't be as loud as possible. Whole point of home field advantage.

PattyBison
09-14-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm still pissed it was an interim AD that scheduled this. He was fired, right?

Uhhh.... Taylor negotiated all the terms. And no, Prakash wasn't fired.

tjbison
09-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Despite my better judgment, I listened to that too. Somebody needs to smack Jack Michaels out of the 1980's. It was on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how the state and the region needs this game. I don't know about anyone else, but I think I know how the fans of FBS schools feel when they see us on the schedule. This game is nothing but a lose/lose situation for NDSU. Somebody, anybody, give me one legitimate, meaningful thing NDSU will gain by playing this game that we don't already have. NDSU got to the top without UND, UND's fastest route back to legitimacy in football is through this game, period. Why we would give them that is beyond me. I'm still pissed it was an interim AD that scheduled this. He was fired, right?

No, Prakash is still there

Mr Meaty
09-14-2015, 06:55 PM
One of their own put in the YHB something about a Reyes hit during their game last Saturday. He was asking if there would be any disciplinary action taken against him? Was there a late hit cheap shot? I did not watch their game.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 06:56 PM
No, Prakash is still there

Not in the AD office. He's retired. I had breakfast with he and his wife at our hotel in Montana. His wife specifically said "He's retired now".

tjbison
09-14-2015, 06:57 PM
One of their own put in the YHB something about a Reyes hit during their game last Saturday. He was asking if there would be any disciplinary action taken against him? Was there a late hit cheap shot? I did not watch their game.

Has there been a game they haven't had a late hit cheap shot? Ask Montana fans what they think of UND.....

tjbison
09-14-2015, 06:58 PM
Not in the AD office. He's retired. I had breakfast with he and his wife at our hotel in Montana. His wife specifically said "He's retired now".

Ok, well he still was not fired...I seen him on the sidelines in Montana on TV so I assumed he was still there in sme capacity

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Ok, well he still was not fired...I seen him on the sidelines in Montana on TV so I assumed he was still there in sme capacity

Kind of like having a graduated player on the sidelines. Le'veon Bell was on the sidelines at the Michigan State game and NOT on my fantasy lineup

BisManBison
09-14-2015, 07:03 PM
I should have put the comment about Prakesh being fired in purple, my bad. I know he wasn't fired.

Breaking news: Sundogs release photo of their new mascot. No confirmation if it will be at Saturday's game:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh189/cchorne/doginskirt.jpg (http://s256.photobucket.com/user/cchorne/media/doginskirt.jpg.html)

Professor Chaos
09-14-2015, 07:12 PM
I'm trying to avoid any form of media that's playing this game up as anything more than a regional OOC game so I didn't listen to Jack Michaels today but I'll play devil's advocate here and say that a benefit for NDSU is two super cheap OOC home games. Pretty sure UND is getting something like $100K for each game which is peanuts compared to what NDSU has had to pay teams like Prairie View A&M, Incarnate Word, and Delaware St to come to Fargo with no return game.

Now I'm sure UND is expecting this will buy them goodwill down the road for future contracts so I won't argue that long term repurcussions may end up outweighing that benefit but it's worth noting at least.

tjbison
09-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Tune to mcfeely on 790 if you want to hear Bubba ball at 230

BYZEN
09-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Well I definitely didn't watch your spring game, but that is what my buddy told me too. He said the kid was a great runner. The one play I saw him in showed that, Weber just couldn't take him down, and he just kept the feet going. It'll be interesting to see how his passing game is for after Wentz leaves. Obviously Wentz has a terrific arm, so is Stick going to be closer to a Jensen type player (bet better). I assume people on here know more about him than I do.

Don't know why you didn't watch the Spring Game, it was broadcast on statewide network television???

devin45k
09-14-2015, 07:41 PM

He will start trolling for attention like he always does.

TateMosersneighbor
09-14-2015, 07:41 PM

Bubba hasn't ever experienced the dome since our fanbase woke up. It's going to be LOUD on Saturday.

89MTBISON
09-14-2015, 07:49 PM
I should have put the comment about Prakesh being fired in purple, my bad. I know he wasn't fired.

Breaking news: Sundogs release photo of their new mascot. No confirmation if it will be at Saturday's game:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh189/cchorne/doginskirt.jpg (http://s256.photobucket.com/user/cchorne/media/doginskirt.jpg.html)

YES! YES! YES! I love this! It fits them to a "T". Oh, and Sioux suck shit!

Bison56
09-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Mcfooly said that NDSU fans will be surprised how good UN_ is.

Bison Loaf
09-14-2015, 07:54 PM

Consider the credibility of the source. This is the same guy that said NDSU would never have the same success again if they went to FCS. :rofl::rofl:

devin45k
09-14-2015, 07:56 PM

He just says stuff to get Bison fans riled up. He is predictable as heck.

THEsocalledfan
09-14-2015, 07:58 PM
He just says stuff to get Bison fans riled up. He is predictable as heck.

Funny part is, even though I've publicly gotten into it with him and hate his politics, I kind of admire his ability to mix it up. I even started following his Twitter again simply because he is entertaining.

17>1
09-14-2015, 07:58 PM

I tuned in around 12:45 on my way home from the gym, and only lasted about 5 minutes. I waited to see if that guy was joking and he wasn't, and then proceeded to say there would be a lot of little things like this that make this week and game so special. I threw up in my mouth a little and turned it off. It's gonna be a long week.

cbline
09-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Bubba hasn't ever experienced the dome since our fanbase woke up. It's going to be LOUD on Saturday.

Exactly. December 17, 2011 was a turning point in NDSU football. The volume at Georgia Southern game #1 set the stage for the future.

runtheoption
09-14-2015, 08:12 PM
...a benefit for NDSU is two super cheap OOC home games...You have found the 1 gem in a huge pile of dung.

"It's great for the colleges, fanbase, city, state, region, and all of college football." Great argument. The only thing I see it being "great" for is whichever city hosts the game, and in this case, it is fairly negligible, because we sell out our games no matter who we are playing. I don't see this bringing in any additional revenue for F/M than would playing Delaware St. Maybe it would be good for Grand Forks, but would a sold-out Alerus (12,283 people) really bring in so much more than their typical 7,486 (2014 statistics) in attendance to be considered "great" for the city? Not many Bison fans (if we could get tickets) would spend 1 flipping penny in that town.

"Ya, but you won't always be on top." We will cross that bridge when it happens. We will keep selling out as long as we are in the running for a conference championship every year. We don't have to win a national championship every year to keep bringing 18,000+ to every home game.