PDA

View Full Version : PETE BLINCOE

Bison_Dan
08-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Anyone know how this new running back looks?

Scooter
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I am curious as to how the kid looks... However...I don't think that it will make any difference. With Steffes, Cabell, Roehl, And Jangula back there, the chance of having his redshirt removed is virtually non-existent. Pete is in a very good situation right now. He has a whole year to learn the system, get comfortable with the college life, and put on some size with no real pressure to deliver right away.

tcbison
08-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I am curious as to how the kid looks... *However...I don't think that it will make any difference. *With Steffes, Cabell, Roehl, And Jangula back there, the chance of having his redshirt removed is virtually non-existent. *Pete is in a very good situation right now. *He has a whole year to learn the system, get comfortable with the college life, and put on some size with no real pressure to deliver right away. *

Was Mike Brower a running back in high school? I know he switched over to LB but I think they could switch him back to RB pretty quickly.

Scooter
08-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Yeah, Brower was a RB but, he expects to play quite a bit at LB this year. I think that the coaches will keep him at LB regardless of what happens. The wheels of the Bison bus would have to be falling off for this to happen.

mn-bison
08-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah, Brower was a RB but, he expects to play quite a bit at LB this year. *I think that the coaches will keep him at LB regardless of what happens. *The wheels of the Bison bus would have to be falling off for this to happen.

Didn't (current RB coach) SS Steve Laqua switch over/practice as the second string QB in the Bison's the last run in the DII playoffs?

Brower switching over to RB could happen, even if he is playing quite a bit at linebacker...

Scooter
08-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Brower was a RB but, he expects to play quite a bit at LB this year. *I think that the coaches will keep him at LB regardless of what happens. *The wheels of the Bison bus would have to be falling off for this to happen.

Didn't (current RB coach) SS Steve Laqua switch over/practice as the second string QB in the Bison's the last run in the DII playoffs?

Brower switching over to RB could happen, even if he is playing quite a bit at linebacker...
Yeah, it could happen, but as you may recall, the wheels on the quarterback bus the last playoff run that we made had pretty much completely fallen off. *We played the third stringer for the semi-final game. *That's farther than any team would ever want to go on the depth chart. *So, yeah you are right, but the wheels will have to be falling off for this to happen. *Brower is *pretty valuable at linebacker OTOH, linebacker is where we are the deepest.

Modification to stance... I'd rather see this happen than taking the red shirt off of Pete Blincoe. The way the roster stands right now. The freshmen runningbacks are basically an injury away from having their redshirts lifted. Only 6 bison listed in the backfield (3 FB, 3 HB) Now I REALLY miss Mark Moore.

silkamilkamonico
08-11-2006, 06:06 PM
I am curious as to how the kid looks... *However...I don't think that it will make any difference. *With Steffes, Cabell, Roehl, And Jangula back there, the chance of having his redshirt removed is virtually non-existent. *Pete is in a very good situation right now. *He has a whole year to learn the system, get comfortable with the college life, and put on some size with no real pressure to deliver right away. *

Tyler Jangula is going to play some RB?

mikelsch
08-11-2006, 06:09 PM

Jangula just at FB, but Tyler Roehl will get in the RB rotation

Scooter
08-11-2006, 07:20 PM

The Bison roster has two classification for RB. *That being FB and HB so, yes, Jangula is a RB, meaning he will line up as a runningback in the two back set. *Simply a technicallity, but I think you know that's what I meant in my original post. *It's the same as saying Maresh, Mays, and Humber are linebackers.

coloradobison
08-15-2006, 04:22 PM

Hallstrom talked about Pete having his redshirt removed. I for one am hoping his redshirt remains on despite his playing with the #2 offense. If we were to get into a situation where the top 3 backs (Steffes, Cabell and Roehl) all got hurt, then I can see taking his redshirt off, but if he isnt needed, keep the year of eligibility for his and the teams future.

RedRiver
08-15-2006, 05:29 PM

Hallstrom talked about Pete having his redshirt removed. I for one am hoping his redshirt remains on despite his playing with the #2 offense. If we were to get into a situation where the top 3 backs (Steffes, Cabell and Roehl) all got hurt, then I can see taking his redshirt off, but if he isnt needed, keep the year of eligibility for his and the teams future.

In the article Bohl sates that Blincoe is one of only two freshman that may have his redshirt lifted, although unlikely because of the depth at runningback.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=136581