PDA

View Full Version : ABC ND will televise.........

NDSUstudent
08-11-2006, 11:52 PM
The NDSU vs Northeastern game, not the game I would have picked. Why they picked a home game when games at Georgia Southern and Ball State still have no tv coverage at all and are really great match-ups. At least the dome should be packed and rocking so maybe a few people(watching on tv) will want to travel to Fargo for a later season game.

Tatanka
08-12-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm not going to complain about ANY ND statewide TV coverage for the Bison...

I agree with both your points. I've noticed that the RedHawks' attendance, for example, seems to increase substantially after the annual televised game(s) on Channels 11 & 4. Exposure = more fans!

gwendel
08-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Why they picked a home game when games at Georgia Southern and Ball State still have no tv coverage at all and are really great match-ups.

Cost. They might be able to buy into a feed from an out-of-state affiliate, but they could never afford to sent their own broadcast crew and pay for renting broadcast facilities.

NDSUstudent
08-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Why they picked a home game when games at Georgia Southern and Ball State still have no tv coverage at all and are really great match-ups.

Cost. They might be able to buy into a feed from an out-of-state affiliate, but they could never afford to sent their own broadcast crew and pay for renting broadcast facilities.

Then how where they able to afford putting all those playoff games on tv? If WDAY can broadcast a game from some mud hole in the deep south they sure should be able to broadcast from Munice Indiana or Statesboro Georgia.

Mr._Bill
08-12-2006, 04:50 PM
It would probably cost a lot more to televise the games on the road than in the FFD. I would be great of the Ball St. or Georgia Southern game was already being broadcast, WDAY could then pick up the feed.

BisonInTexas
08-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Has anyone compiled the list of Bison games that will be televised on cable TV (Fox Sports Net, ESPNU, etc.)? Just trying to find out if I need to change my cable package to add some of these channels.

Thanks,
Craig

kchats
08-12-2006, 07:09 PM
I think the fact they are televising the Northeastern game tells you that it is sold out or nearly sold out. I don't think they would be televising it if that wasn't the case. Another plus to them is Rocky is the opposing coach and he still has many fans in North Dakota.

mikelsch
08-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I think the fact they are televising the Northeastern game tells you that it is sold out or nearly sold out. *I don't think they would be televising it if that wasn't the case. *Another plus to them is Rocky is the opposing coach and he still has many fans in North Dakota.

You're right on KChats. Hopefully WDAY will pick up 1 road game too (Ball State).

sambini
08-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Let WDAY know we want the game on TV. Drop them a line or email etc........

bincitysioux
08-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah, the biggest reason they picked this game is cost. They'll dub it "Rocky's Return" and because of that alone probably be able to sell the hell out of it to advertisers, moreso than for any other game. Home games are of course the cheapest.

cabis
08-13-2006, 05:38 AM
I agree with bin on the cost issue. I really think the Ball State game should be on TV as well. WDAY should also be able to market the hell out of the 1A angle.

bincitysioux
08-13-2006, 05:42 AM
I think we were discussing in a different thread this past winter, but isn't it true that WDAY can only televise one regular season game per year? If that's the case, Ball St. won't be on WDAY.

Bisonguy
08-13-2006, 05:48 AM
I believe they can televise as many as they want, as WDAY has primary rights for TV broadcasts of NDSU events.

The previous contracts required WDAY to televise at least one FB, one men's BB, and one women's BB game.

unknown
08-16-2006, 01:54 AM
anyone know if the Gophers game will be on TV.

i bet that they put that game on FSN North.

http://thecollegeendzone.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=32

Gamehunter
08-16-2006, 02:15 AM

nope, its going to be on ESPN +

NDSUstudent
08-16-2006, 02:32 AM

nope, its going to be on ESPN +

I think FSN had a deal with ESPN+ to show the games, all of the Gopher games not on ESPN or ABC were on FSN.