PDA

View Full Version : They really like to kick us when were down!

HerdBot
08-31-2015, 05:37 PM
I couldn't stay away from social media and other teams message boards. I've never seen a team that so many people want to see fail. We have all the other conference team fans saying we're done. People are mocking the players and coaches. Radio call in shows have people mocking us. Media is saying we were bound to eventually fail. We even had a schmuck from UND Insider make a nasty tweet to Jordan Champion, which was later deleted.

So to all the people who are hoping we will fail, lets revisit this discussion in a few months when were a finished product. This coaches will dissect the tape, make corrections, and right the ship. With a young defense we're going to see some growing pains. Besides it's not like we can't compete. We lost on the last play of the game to a really good Montana team at their house.

People did the exact same thing after the UNI loss last year and at the end of the day we were the National Champions.

NDSUBowler
08-31-2015, 05:38 PM
They hate us cuz they ain't us!!!

HandoEX
08-31-2015, 05:38 PM
If you don't have haters, you aren't doing it right.

StL Bison Fan
08-31-2015, 05:40 PM
So, we have arrived!
Judge your sucess by others jealousy

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-31-2015, 05:40 PM
"we're the mighty bison, who the eff are you?"

ZHerd
08-31-2015, 05:42 PM
I expected this. We are the evil empire of FCS...the Yankees (if you go back far enough). If I were a fan of another FCS team I would cheer against us every game except when we play FBS teams. I would hate but sort of admire and like us simultaneously if that makes sense.

GRAFTONBISON
08-31-2015, 05:52 PM
It's good to be king

tcbison
08-31-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't have a clue why you would waste time on another's teams website after a loss.

Bisonator98
08-31-2015, 05:57 PM
It just makes it sweeter when we win the rest of our games! :biggrin:

ALPHAGRIZ1
08-31-2015, 05:58 PM
You guys have nothing to be worried about you are still the best team in the country.

Get used the losers talking smack or you will go crazy.

Bison have another GREAT team this year. I am sure in 2 or 3 weeks you will shut them up the way you have the last 5 years.

Good luck see you in January

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
08-31-2015, 06:02 PM
This should not be the least bit surprising. I'd imagine every FCS team in the country would like to see NDSU regress just for their own team's competitive interest. Beyond that we don't have the most humble reputation out there on most message boards (SHOCKER!!!!) so there's plenty of fans that would love to see the Bison stumble more than anyone else.

BadlandsBison
08-31-2015, 06:08 PM
I couldn't stay away from social media and other teams message boards. I've never seen a team that so many people want to see fail. We have all the other conference team fans saying we're done. People are mocking the players and coaches. Radio call in shows have people mocking us. Media is saying we were bound to eventually fail. We even had a schmuck from UND Insider make a nasty tweet to Jordan Champion, which was later deleted.

So to all the people who are hoping we will fail, lets revisit this discussion in a few months when were a finished product. This coaches will dissect the tape, make corrections, and right the ship. With a young defense we're going to see some growing pains. Besides it's not like we can't compete. We lost on the last play of the game to a really good Montana team at their house.

People did the exact same thing after the UNI loss last year and at the end of the day we were the National Champions.

I brought up that Whioux insider tweet, think I better clarify because they will make a stink about anything.

Fairly sure it was Jordan Champion sent out a tweet saying something along the lines of gotta try harder. Whioux insider had some silly response like "...hmm"

So trying to rub the loss in while maintaining their very high standards of professionalism. I can't find either tweet. Should've grabbed a screen shot

yopaulie
08-31-2015, 06:21 PM
It probably doesn't help our likability when we have Lakes/BisoNation/El Chapo literally on every fan board for opponents scheduled 5 years out. Dude is like a fungal ambassador for NDSU.

silkamilkamonico
08-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Bisonnation is the loudest, vocalist, proudest, most cockiest fanbases in all of FCS. Our teams kicks ass and we let the world know about it. Ofcourse when we lose, they are going to come just as hard on Bisonnation as we do them when we win. I'm not sure why it's such a surprise.

Dakid3kc
08-31-2015, 06:32 PM
I agree. 3 of the four title runs had a loss on the season. A very young secondary with NO C.J. out there. Things will be fine. Carson and the offense probably told the defense we took this on our shoulders as much or more then you guys. Only running for 64 second half yards and 7 points? I know defenses make adjustments and credit the Griz, but the upside is there was plenty of chances to put that game away.

Also, one note that I would like to point out. I don't see it talked about enough. NDSU recruits and BUILDS their players within the program. Yes we took King Frazier as a transfer, but he was a highly recruited player out of HS that chose to walk on to an FBS program instead, so NDSU coaches knew what they were getting. Look at the FCS teams, even Montana, look at their roster and the amount of players that they rely on and have to get transferred in from FBS schools to be win. NDSU gets really good kids and helps make them great!

mnriverbison
08-31-2015, 06:37 PM
It probably doesn't help our likability when we have Lakes/BisoNation/El Chapo literally on every fan board for opponents scheduled 5 years out. Dude is like a fungal ambassador for NDSU.

Yep, combo of recent dynasty with complete D bag ambassadors and here we are. Everyone whose never met Bison fans expects the worst, most everyone who has tailgated with Bison fans likes us.

El_Chapo
08-31-2015, 06:38 PM

Oh yea??? last i checked, not 1 game was decided on a message board you complete ASS!!!

ive had plenty of recent players talk to me in person and laugh about the stuff I put out, its the smack talk plain & simple and they said they loved it! because they wish they could talk like that, but obviously they had to hold their tongues.

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2015, 06:41 PM
Yep, combo of recent dynasty with complete D bag ambassadors and here we are. Everyone whose never met Bison fans expects the worst, most everyone who has tailgated with Bison fans likes us.

whats this supposed to mean? Ive seen lakes tailgate with a number of other fans who knew of him from the online boards and probably held a distinct grudge against him because of his antics...but he's a shmoozer and will win you over. thats only if your personality doesn't suck and you're not a lame-o in real life. If you are, and you hate him in the real world just as much as online...then I can't help you.

mnriverbison
08-31-2015, 06:47 PM
whats this supposed to mean? Ive seen lakes tailgate with a number of other fans who knew of him from the online boards and probably held a distinct grudge against him because of his antics...but he's a shmoozer and will win you over. thats only if your personality doesn't suck and you're not a lame-o in real life. If you are, and you hate him in the real world just as much as online...then I can't help you.

Meant d bag ambassadors online as opposed to the friendly crowd that actually shows up. I don't hit the message boards near as much anymore, but it used to be non stop vomit on opponent message boards. Always a bad first impression about our fanbase.

HerdBot
08-31-2015, 07:10 PM
You guys have nothing to be worried about you are still the best team in the country.

Get used the losers talking smack or you will go crazy.

Bison have another GREAT team this year. I am sure in 2 or 3 weeks you will shut them up the way you have the last 5 years.

Good luck see you in January

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't think we're thr best team in the country NOW but it's week 1. As anyone knows the most improvement a team makes is between week 1 and week 2. Personally I take the criticism as a slight to the Griz who are a pretty damn good team and certainly worthy of a #1 ranking.

TateMosersneighbor
08-31-2015, 07:25 PM
Yep we are down...we've lost 1 game in a row and like 5 out of the last 60 we've played. Dark days of NDSU football. Shut the program down before it causes more harm to the other student athletes. Raze the dome and plant some trees with a marble statue of a Bison.

silkamilkamonico
08-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Not sure I would give the Griz a worthy #1 ranking if NDSU isn't near it. Despite what anyone wants to talk about, that was a pretty evenly played game in a very tough Griz environment. Pretty sure you are most likely talking about a different result if it's at NDSU or even a neutral field. But hand it to the Griz they are good and they won. In my eyes, both teams could argue a worthy #1 type ranking, or neither. Pretty even game.

Mr. Burgundy
08-31-2015, 07:47 PM

THe vocal minority really hurts NDSU right now. I have no idea why someone feels the need to be non stop loud. Not helping.

pucknut9
08-31-2015, 07:48 PM
I don't have a clue why you would waste time on another's teams website after a loss.

Yep. No reason to unless you want to get upset or for the thicker skinned a good laugh.

runtheoption
08-31-2015, 07:49 PM
Yep we are down...we've lost 1 game in a row and like 5 out of the last 60 we've played. Dark days of NDSU football. Shut the program down before it causes more harm to the other student athletes. Raze the dome and plant some trees with a marble statue of a Bison.Granite would be better. Marble is for tiddlywinks.

I would like to know the probability of Stitt consistently downing a 30-pack of Busch Light in 10 hours every Saturday, while maintaining to everyone around him that "I'm not that drunk" and still remain married. Would he go with the conventional method of slowing sipping down 3/hour until he gets it done, of would he come up with some new way of accomplishing this? There has to be a method out there that is waiting to be discovered.

pucknut9
08-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Without a doubt. I know of a couple sites that they all wish he would leave for good.

Bisonator98
08-31-2015, 07:54 PM

Lakes was even posting on Cyclone fanatic about our game against Montana! It's fricking Iowa State ffs! Guy is seriously starved for attention. :facepalm:

mtoutfitter
08-31-2015, 07:55 PM

I think the clinical term is "Little Mans' Syndrome"

Mr. Burgundy
08-31-2015, 07:56 PM
Lakes was even posting on Cyclone fanatic about our game against Montana! It's fricking Iowa State ffs! Guy is seriously starved for attention. :facepalm:

If that is true. I change my tune. That is just sad and pathetic. Time to probably put things into perspective.

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2015, 08:01 PM
How would you know if you're not purposely looking for what lakes has to say about ndsu's games knowing he posts there? You do this to yourself and still bitch about him giving ndsu a bad name, online?

Bisonator98
08-31-2015, 08:01 PM
If that is true. I change my tune. That is just sad and pathetic. Time to probably put things into perspective.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206894

You can't make this shit up!:facepalm:

Bisonator98
08-31-2015, 08:03 PM
How would you know if you're not purposely looking for what lakes has to say about ndsu's games knowing he posts there? You do this to yourself and still bitch about him giving ndsu a bad name, online?

It's not hard to find lakes shit. He leaves quite a wake!

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2015, 08:07 PM
What's more sad and pathetic is guys clearly follow him to whatever board he's on to see what he's saying. ..just to come back here and cry about how his online posting is giving ndsu a bad name.

You can goto ags and see the same repetitive shit (GameDay, 4 peat, 5 straight wins vs p5) from a number of bison posters. That gets on people's nerves than whatever lakes has to spew. But it's his online name that automatically raises a red flag that gets bison fans wound up about him.

Meanwhile joe poster says the same lines, and nobody cares

mtoutfitter
08-31-2015, 08:53 PM

Ok let me get this straight....it's Ok to be an A##hole behind the keyboard just as long as when you meet people in real life you're a schmoozer. Following in purple.....Makes perfect sense to me now!

MNLonghorn10
08-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Your definition of an asshole is pretty weak

roadwarrior
08-31-2015, 09:29 PM
This thread confuses me. You complain about other fans kicking us when we lose, but what about all the same actions taken by NDSU fans when <insert name> loses a game?

That happens here all the time.

BlueBisonRock
08-31-2015, 09:51 PM
Interesting thread. I have only one thought. If you (or me, or Road, or anyone else) dishes it out, you had damn well better take it when it comes your way.

That, and it pays to just STFU and let the 'good tidings' float on by.

My hat is off to the Griz and to their many fans who took the time to have a friendly discussion and complement the Bison both before and after that game. They earned that win. Their fans deserve to crow, after they beat the best in the FCS. The fans of other teams? Not so much. However, I plan to play the "who gives a shit card" for them.

Regarding the Chapo: He is who he is and he does what he does. If his friends really wanted to help him, they would give him the straight talk he needs rather than continuing to enable him.

unbison
08-31-2015, 10:20 PM
We are down because we lost one game?
Are we not 4 time defending champs... Cant we still make it so the championship has to come through The fargodome? Cmon people

AKBison
08-31-2015, 11:09 PM

You forgot MPSBISON and his evil twin SiouxVolley/NoDak

El_Chapo
08-31-2015, 11:51 PM

and THATS why im a proud member of DJ Colter American Family Insurance!

HerdBot
09-01-2015, 12:07 AM
We are down because we lost one game?
Are we not 4 time defending champs... Cant we still make it so the championship has to come through The fargodome? Cmon people

Exactly. Were not down but everyone sure hopes we are. I know when we take the field for the home opener, drop the banner, and open up a can of whoop ass on the next 2 opponents, people will realize were not back. We never left.

HerdBot
09-01-2015, 01:02 AM
I was listening to the Klieman press conference and he said were getting the best free agent corner in the Missouri Valley... CJ Smith

Hammerhead
09-01-2015, 03:33 AM
As I only half-kiddingly said to some Montana fans -- it's better to lose the 1st game of the season than the last one.

Exactly. Were not down but everyone sure hopes we are. I know when we take the field for the home opener, drop the banner, and open up a can of whoop ass on the next 2 opponents, people will realize were not back. We never left.

thebigund
09-01-2015, 03:37 AM

What did the tweet from the SFI guy say?

SamsRams
09-01-2015, 03:58 AM

Dear God I didn't even think about this, but I will assume you are saying he is using Bisonation as a user name on other websites?

CAS4127
09-01-2015, 04:01 AM
Dear God I didn't even think about this, but I will assume you are saying he is using Bisonation as a user name on other websites?

He is, but they know it's him.

Sent from my iPhone.

Bison 4 Life
09-01-2015, 04:02 AM

Nearly everywhere else.

SamsRams
09-01-2015, 04:04 AM
Nearly everywhere else.
Now that explains some confusing tweets I have received in the past.

El_Chapo
09-01-2015, 04:16 AM

I own www.bisonation.com and BisoNation LLC. sorry Charlie, you can steal the twitter, but I can use that user name anywhere i'd like

56BISON73
09-01-2015, 04:30 AM

Kind of like you and Vernon Adams.