PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Bison by Position

SDbison
08-14-2006, 12:08 AM
At this time, considering depth, injuries, experience and skill how would you rate this years Bison team by position (1 poor, 2 fair, 3 good, 4 very good). * *
Here are my ratings:
QB *3 *
RB *4
OL *3
TE *2
WR *3
DB *2 *
LB *4
DL *2
P *4
K *2
R *2 *(at least a 3 before Shamen got injured)

Gamehunter
08-14-2006, 12:42 AM
QB 4 breakout year ready, mark it down
RB 4
OL 2-3 Sounds like Buckwalter will be back to practice tomorrow....i'm optimistic
TE 2-3 Young TE filling shoes so far.....and catching passes!
WR 4 underrated. As a group these guys are the best in the Great West
DB 2 sounds like some missed assignments in Sat's scrimage
LB 4 I guess Iterman is now pushing Maresh for the starting job......crazy
DL 2 These guys need to prove and "might" be a 3 by season end. Frick can't take on the whole OL by himself (although close ;D) If Frick went down this group would be in trouble.
P 4 All-American
K 2 I actually think our kicking game will be improved this year. Those kickoffs need to be longer.
R 4 Jamar Champ can easily take over for Shamen if he can't go

At this time, considering depth, injuries, experience and skill how would you rate this years Bison team by position (1 poor, 2 fair, 3 good, 4 very good).
Here are my ratings:
QB 3
RB 4
OL 3
TE 2
WR 3
DB 2
LB 4
DL 2
P 4
K 2
R 2 (at least a 3 before Shamen got injured)

Bisonguy
08-14-2006, 12:51 AM
My numbers would match silk's, except I would give the TE a solid 3.

Wurzbacher has put on some size, has good hands, has good speed, and at 6'5" he'll hopefully cause some matchup issues for the opposing team.

BisonMav
08-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Sounds like redshirt freshman defensive tackle Mike Fairbairn has improved.

Bison Blog Link (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?archive=2006-07)

Had my first interview of the season with Craig Bohl on Friday. One of the improved players to watch, according to the boss, is redshirt freshman defensive tackle Mike Fairbairn. There is some debate about how you pronounce his name, apparently, but Bohl says he's up to close to 300 pounds and will provide a good tandem with Justin Frick. His bio says he's a music major so hopefully he can provide a little harmony for the lead singer. The Bison really need somebody to step forward on that line--it's the biggest concern for this team as I see it. I'm not sure who's going to play end for this team.

Bohl thinks his team is "vastly improved" and thinks Steve Walker will be 90% when practice starts and 100% by opening night. More on the sports in the next few days.