PDA

View Full Version : What new talent will emerge today ?

phxbison
08-29-2015, 04:52 PM
It's just killing waiting for this game to start, so let's have a little fun ! Give me the names of two new players (players who didn't start last year) on both offense and defense that you think will shine today ! On offense I'm picking Lance Dunn and Jeff Illies and on defense I'm picking M J Stump and Chris Board ! Who are your picks ?

westnodak93bison
08-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Stanley Jones

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tjbison
08-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Lance Dunn......

Bison Gal
08-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Lance Dunn and Chris Board......

WFBisonFan
08-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Gee-Tucker and Connor Wentz....

Mr Meaty
08-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Bruce Anderson on special teams, board on defense and Dunn on offense.

mtoutfitter
08-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Stumpf and Andrew Smith on defense........Dunn and Illies on offense.

GOBISON123
08-29-2015, 05:21 PM
It's Bombs over Bagdad today man, Montana is gonna throw all over the place to unleash their potent Wideouts, our D man gotta be on top

phxbison
08-29-2015, 05:27 PM
I can't believe I forgot Greg Menard !

Bisonator98
08-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Lance Dunn and Jeff Illies on offense. MJ Stumpf and Chris Board on defense. Bruce Anderson and Robbie Grimsley on special teams. GO BISON!!!!

HerdBot
08-29-2015, 05:48 PM
So many to pick from but I'm thinking Pierre Gee Tucker and Jeff Illies or Lance Dunn.

CaBisonFan
08-29-2015, 05:56 PM
The front seven with our new DE and linebackers.

Bison4peat
08-29-2015, 06:02 PM
IF CJ can't go. Jalen Allison

IzzyFlexion
08-29-2015, 06:07 PM
It's just killing waiting for this game to start, so let's have a little fun ! Give me the names of two new players (players who didn't start last year) on both offense and defense that you think will shine today ! On offense I'm picking Lance Dunn and Jeff Illies and on defense I'm picking M J Stump and Chris Board ! Who are your picks ?

yes, yes, yes, and yes.

silkamilkamonico
08-29-2015, 06:50 PM
"when"?

"If" Montana wins, it will be the biggest win in their program since their last national championship, if even that. That much is for real.

A1pigskin
08-29-2015, 07:11 PM
The entire Defense will emerge today.

bisonpride4ever
08-29-2015, 07:13 PM
The entire Defense will emerge today.

Agree. I think they are sick of hearing how the defense will be down this year. I think they come out ready to hit some people.

CodeGreen!!

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

A1pigskin
08-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Agree. I think they are sick of hearing how the defense will be down this year. I think they come out ready to hit some people.

Exactly what I am thinking.

Rockbear99
08-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Jalen Allison will be big part of this game since CJ is out.

BisonNation11
08-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Chris Board and Allison. Nobody on offense stands out as a total team slaughter will happen on that side of the ball

Rixen
08-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Saw grimsley out there in the red zone. Good experience. My guess is Jalen for a big play.

A1pigskin
08-30-2015, 02:59 PM
So, how about now? Any emergers?

2011BisonAlumni
08-30-2015, 03:08 PM
So, how about now? Any emergers?

Perkins looked great. Nobody else stood out as an emerger.

Deuce Dog Nitro
08-30-2015, 03:09 PM
I didn't really see anyone that didn't play last year make a huge impact. The new faces on defense did not really show it and on offense the new faces had limited opportunities. It's just the first game so the verdict is still out on who will emerge. We will see as the season progresses.

HerdBot
08-30-2015, 03:21 PM
I didn't really see anyone that didn't play last year make a huge impact. The new faces on defense did not really show it and on offense the new faces had limited opportunities. It's just the first game so the verdict is still out on who will emerge. We will see as the season progresses.

Nobody jumped out. Dunn had a nice run. PGT had a nice tackle. Perkins looked awesome. Otherwise it's tough to say

Mr Meaty
08-30-2015, 06:25 PM
Fully agree with Perkins in the return game.

EC8CH
08-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Perkins was already looking good as the returner last year in the playoffs, especially the championship. Good to see that carry into this year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
08-30-2015, 11:01 PM
"when"?

"If" Montana wins, it will be the biggest win in their program since their last national championship, if even that. That much is for real.
Wrong, this was just a regular season non conference game.

JMU
App St twice

Were easily bigger wins than this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bisonforever
08-30-2015, 11:12 PM
Wrong, this was just a regular season non conference game.

JMU
App St twice

Were easily bigger wins than this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You have been inhaling too much of that smoke in Missoula! Beating the 4 time defending champs a year after losing to them and with a new coaches first game. Just a Non Con regular season game! Yeah right! Rush the field much!

natstar1
08-31-2015, 12:16 AM
Perkins was already looking good as the returner last year in the playoffs, especially the championship. Good to see that carry into this year.
maybe Perkins is the 2nd coming of CP84, but I thought the biggest reason the return game looked good was the blocking.

CaBisonFan
08-31-2015, 12:19 AM
Tough situation for newcomers to emerge. This one was up to the returning starters. Some did well...others didn't.

If a newcomer just held his own in that environment...not bad.

1998braves64
08-31-2015, 12:40 AM
I thought Perkins had a couple shots at breaking one for a TD. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a few this year.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

LongLostAlum
08-31-2015, 01:32 AM
I thought Perkins had a couple shots at breaking one for a TD. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a few this year.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.Nothing against Perkins, but what I noticed was that Montana was leaving the middle of the field almost wide open on kick returns, and the Bison had 4 or 5 blockers leading the way up a mostly clear middle of the field. This happened 3 or 4 times in a row, and I thought it represented a great opportunity for a Bison kick return TD. Perk came close on one.

stevdock
08-31-2015, 02:45 AM
Nothing against Perkins, but what I noticed was that Montana was leaving the middle of the field almost wide open on kick returns, and the Bison had 4 or 5 blockers leading the way up a mostly clear middle of the field. This happened 3 or 4 times in a row, and I thought it represented a great opportunity for a Bison kick return TD. Perk came close on one.

Yes this could be a nice sign of things to come. From what I saw he could get at least a few TD's this season.

EC8CH
08-31-2015, 04:01 AM
maybe Perkins is the 2nd coming of CP84, but I thought the biggest reason the return game looked good was the blocking.

No doubt the blocking is there. Perk has just been hitting the hole hard and with good timing.

tony
08-31-2015, 01:53 PM
Nothing against Perkins, but what I noticed was that Montana was leaving the middle of the field almost wide open on kick returns, and the Bison had 4 or 5 blockers leading the way up a mostly clear middle of the field. This happened 3 or 4 times in a row, and I thought it represented a great opportunity for a Bison kick return TD. Perk came close on one.

Yep, Perkins was very good, but Montana's kick coverage was awful.

HandoEX
08-31-2015, 02:25 PM
Obviously not new talent, but Nate Tanguay was a beast on Saturday!

Bison"FANatic"
08-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Grimsley intrigues me. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

ALPHAGRIZ1
08-31-2015, 03:05 PM
You have been inhaling too much of that smoke in Missoula! Beating the 4 time defending champs a year after losing to them and with a new coaches first game. Just a Non Con regular season game! Yeah right! Rush the field much!

We went over this in another thread but no.....no we didnt rush the field. Maybe a couple drunk students hopped the fence, but we are Montana. We clapped for your team leaving the field then preceded to go onto the field like many people do after EVERY game we play but not until the opposing team leaves the field. You can try and paint this another way but I was there, I have video of what happened and you just look like a loser that needs something to justify your team losing.

Dont be that guy, be classy like your fans that came to my tailgate AFTER the game and had beers with us and had a blast........then went and ate pizza with us at Tower pizza and paid for all the pizza and beer before we could.

Be those guys

ALPHAGRIZ1
08-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Obviously not new talent, but Nate Tanguay was a beast on Saturday!

Agreed, that guy is a load and really disrupts the middle.

A1pigskin
08-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Perkins did a really good job on kick returns. Could he be the next Shamen Washington as the season goes on?

BisonFan02
08-31-2015, 04:09 PM
We went over this in another thread but no.....no we didnt rush the field. Maybe a couple drunk students hopped the fence, but we are Montana. We clapped for your team leaving the field then preceded to go onto the field like many people do after EVERY game we play but not until the opposing team leaves the field. You can try and paint this another way but I was there, I have video of what happened and you just look like a loser that needs something to justify your team losing.

Dont be that guy, be classy like your fans that came to my tailgate AFTER the game and had beers with us and had a blast........then went and ate pizza with us at Tower pizza and paid for all the pizza and beer before we could.

Be those guys

Yeah! :D Bisonville pizza parties are the best.