PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Replaces College Game Plan/ESPN Full Court with New Service

NDSUstudent
08-29-2015, 04:22 AM
This sounds interesting...

Hundreds of Live College Sports Events Delivered Year-Round beginning September 5

Available to AT&T U-verse and DIRECTV, Bright House Networks, Cox, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and Select NCTC Members’ Customers at Launch

All Events will continue to be Available on ESPN3 across WatchESPN Platforms

ESPN today announced the launch of ESPN College Extra, a new college sports service that will bring hundreds of ESPN3 exclusive live college sports events to the TV. The service delivers an extensive portfolio of college sports events year-round including football, basketball, baseball, softball and more. Live events will be accessible to customers of AT&T U-verse and DIRECTV – which is now part of the AT&T family – Bright House Networks, Cox, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and select NCTC members at launch beginning Saturday, September 5 with the start of the 2015-16 football season. Any additional providers to carry ESPN College Extra will be announced at a later date.

“ESPN is at the forefront of media innovation with a long history of working closely with distributors to better serve customers,” said Sean Breen, Senior Vice President, Affiliate Sales, Disney and ESPN Media Networks. “ESPN College Extra is the latest example of that ongoing collaboration and we are pleased that AT&T U-verse and DIRECTV, Bright House Networks, Cox, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and several NCTC members have recognized the value it adds to the multichannel video subscription.”

ESPN College Extra live events from FBS conferences (including the ACC, The American, Big 12, MAC and Sun Belt) and FCS conferences (Atlantic Sun, Big South, Horizon League, MAAC, MEAC, MVC, Pioneer, Southland, Summit League, SWAC, WAC and more) will be delivered to fans on up to eight channels through a sports tier or other affiliated TV package. The schedule at launch:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/08/espn-introduces-new-college-sports-service-espn-college-extra/

tjbison
08-29-2015, 04:55 AM
do i understand this right...

ESPN Gameplan is gone from the DirecTV package, replaced with this service that will allow me to watch an ESPN company broadcast that is not on the main ESPN networks already on my subscription (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN NEWS)????

Ultimately saying I can watch ESPN 3 on TV without an internet connection???

NDSUstudent
08-29-2015, 05:04 AM
do i understand this right...

ESPN Gameplan is gone from the DirecTV package, replaced with this service that will allow me to watch an ESPN company broadcast that is not on the main ESPN networks already on my subscription (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN NEWS)????

Ultimately saying I can watch ESPN 3 on TV without an internet connection???

It sounds that way if you have the sports pack...

ESPN has removed GamePlan and Full Court from its lineup, so we no longer carry them as separate packages. But don’t worry, you can still watch live out-of-market ESPN college football and basketball games with a subscription to DIRECTV® Sports Pack (Channels 788-798). You can also get your up-to-the-second college football and college basketball with ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater (included with Sports Pack).

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1689/~/since-espn-no-longer-offers-gameplan-and-full-court,-where-can-i-watch

MNLonghorn10
08-29-2015, 05:11 AM
Midco has a channel like this in the 300s. .but it's sd so I never remember to flip it on. Doesn't have a place in my heart like red zone does

tjbison
08-29-2015, 05:19 AM
It sounds that way if you have the sports pack...

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1689/~/since-espn-no-longer-offers-gameplan-and-full-court,-where-can-i-watch

have the sports pack...so I'm thinking I like this..

NDSUstudent
09-05-2015, 11:57 PM
I'm loving this new ESPN thing, nice having HD TV feeds for select ESPN3 games. Watching CCU-Furman right now on channel 791

NDSUstudent
09-10-2015, 04:05 AM
The Weber State game will be on ESPN College Extra this week. HD TV feed of the ESPN3 feed if your provider carries the channels.

Bisonwinagn
09-11-2015, 02:48 AM
How much does this cost?

WYOBISONMAN
09-11-2015, 04:34 AM
Something like 8.99 a month.

moosbah
09-11-2015, 01:20 PM

Do you have to do the annual subscription, or can it be a monthly?

moosbah
09-11-2015, 01:20 PM

NDSUstudent
09-11-2015, 01:24 PM

Do you have Direct TV? If so you just buy the sports pack and you get it monthly.

bri-dog
09-11-2015, 01:34 PM
$13.99/month for the Sports Pack on DirecTv, which includes 30+ channels (Fox Sports regional channels, Root Sports, etc.). This new service is included with the Sports Pack.

http://www.directv.com/sports/sports_pack

moosbah
09-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Do you have Direct TV? If so you just buy the sports pack and you get it monthly.

Indeed I do. I know they used to let you subscribe monthly, but they changed it to where you had to keep it for 3 months or a year.

missingnumber7
09-11-2015, 02:14 PM
$13.99/month for the Sports Pack on DirecTv, which includes 30+ channels (Fox Sports regional channels, Root Sports, etc.). This new service is included with the Sports Pack.

http://www.directv.com/sports/sports_pack

well worth it imho. I can find most every game I want to watch on TV.

moosbah
09-11-2015, 02:20 PM
well worth it imho. I can find most every game I want to watch on TV.

Do you think all of the ESPN3 games will be on there?

missingnumber7
09-11-2015, 02:27 PM

I dunno what to tell you about that. I do know that I have had the sports pack for the entire time I have had Directv and love it because of the regional sports channels alone. I can honestly flip between 5 channels in the late afternoon timeframe and see different FCS games.

bri-dog
09-11-2015, 02:29 PM

No. According to AGS, there are 22 FCS games on ESPN3 and only 6 on College Extra. They got pretty good about having NDSU games on what used to be GamePlan the last couple years, so I'm hoping they have a majority of ours on.

THEsocalledfan
09-13-2015, 01:03 AM
I'll tell you what, I am digging this new ESPN3 think with all of MVFC. So easy to watch other teams, now.

Bo's Youngstown team not doing so hot right now....