PDA

View Full Version : Zach Zenner

rand
08-29-2015, 03:25 AM
Zenner had 85 yards on 8 carries and a touchdown at the end to win the game for the Lions tonight.

MNLonghorn10
08-29-2015, 05:14 AM
He'll probably make the team. He was getting some first team hand offs from Stafford. Impressive.

tjbison
08-29-2015, 05:21 AM
good for zach he can get more zenners against an NFL team than NDSU....:)

good luck to him

56BISON73
08-29-2015, 05:27 AM
Zenner had 85 yards on 8 carries and a touchdown at the end to win the game for the Lions tonight.

Good for him!!!!!

HerdBot
08-29-2015, 06:21 AM
Watched some of the game. He looks great. Even stronger and faster if that makes sense.

1998braves64
08-29-2015, 11:42 AM
He was a heck of a running back. Just not when he faced a stampeding bison herd.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

unbison
08-29-2015, 11:56 AM
He was a heck of a running back. Just not when he faced a stampeding bison herd.

Think that had less to with his abilities and more to do with what stig Calls the fatties abilities

Rock
08-29-2015, 01:28 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/08/column_zach_zenner_leading_the.html

Read a previous story that his teammates are calling him "Doc".

EightyfourBison
08-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Also trending on Twitter.

Bison bison
08-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Good for him. Wish him nothing but the best.

THEsocalledfan
08-29-2015, 02:50 PM
It is nice being able to cheer for him now. From everything I've heard, he is just a great guy. Stig loved him. (Not in an Izzy way, though.....)

onbison09
08-29-2015, 03:53 PM
He pretty much tried to will them to victory in the playoffs last year. Was impressive.

HerdBot
08-29-2015, 03:57 PM
It is nice being able to cheer for him now. From everything I've heard, he is just a great guy. Stig loved him. (Not in an Izzy way, though.....)

I'll cheer for him... except vs the Vikings of course. Its just wrong to root for a guy in a bunnies jersey but he's just too likable to not like

ZHerd
09-03-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm happy for him. He seems like a humble, intelligent guy, and a very good teammate, plus it's always nice to see FCS guys succeed.

ZHerd
09-03-2015, 11:56 AM
I'll cheer for him... except vs the Vikings of course. Its just wrong to root for a guy in a bunnies jersey but he's just too likable to not like

Ha, Zimmer needs to consult with Klieman prior to playing them. Funny that he is still wearing blue and two of his biggest opponents will still be green and yellow, and the other purple

ByeSonBusiness
09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Ha, Zimmer needs to consult with Klieman prior to playing them. Funny that he is still wearing blue and two of his biggest opponents will still be green and yellow, and the other purple

Zenner's last game against the Bison... 133 yards and two TD's.
Zenner's second to last game against NDSU...96 yards on over 5 yards a carry.

Not too shabby considering his first few games.

EC8CH
09-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Zenner's last game against the Bison... 133 yards and two TD's.
Zenner's second to last game against NDSU...96 yards on over 5 yards a carry.

Not too shabby considering his first few games.

Zenner's last games against the Bison... L
Zenner's second to last game against the NDSU... L

Pretty consistent considering all the other games he played against them :p

BisonNation11
09-03-2015, 07:07 PM
The kid is an extreme talent and if you don't see that you're blind. Hope he has a successful career as that's great representation of the MVFC

Mr Meaty
09-03-2015, 07:09 PM
The kid is an extreme talent and if you don't see that you're blind. Hope he has a successful career as that's great representation of the MVFC

I was just telling a co worker how cool it would be to have three rb from the MVFC last year to make teams. Zenner, Johnson and Crockett. Forgive me if I forgot one from another team last year. Very good quality of players in FCS and more teams should give FCS kids a chance.

EC8CH
09-03-2015, 07:14 PM

No doubt. Wish him all the success in the world now that the Bison don't face him anymore.

ByeSonBusiness
09-03-2015, 07:41 PM
I was just telling a co worker how cool it would be to have three rb from the MVFC last year to make teams. Zenner, Johnson and Crockett. Forgive me if I forgot one from another team last year. Very good quality of players in FCS and more teams should give FCS kids a chance.

I think the ones who deserve chances get them. NFL teams want any and all who can help them win.

ZHerd
09-04-2015, 03:19 AM
......oops

No_Skill
09-04-2015, 03:36 AM
......oops

What happened?

rand
09-05-2015, 09:55 PM
The Lions cut George Winn today which should mean the ZZ has made the team.

SDbison
09-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Looks like Bunnies have a bunch of happiness today.........big win over FBS Kansas and Zenner is kept by the Lions. As for NDSU, they lose to Montana this week and Crockett, Dahl and Mays get cut by their NFL teams. Oh my, are the Bunnies on the rise and soon to take over................

Mr Meaty
09-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Looks like Bunnies have a bunch of happiness today.........big win over FBS Kansas and Zenner is kept by the Lions. As for NDSU, they lose to Montana this week and Crockett, Dahl and Mays get cut by their NFL teams. Oh my, are the Bunnies on the rise and soon to take over................

Pump the brakes, it was a good day. But big picture has not changed we still own their ass.

SDbison
09-06-2015, 03:56 AM
Pump the brakes, it was a good day. But big picture has not changed we still own their ass. Intended that last sentence to be in purple text. I am not worried, just sick of all the doubters here at Bisonville just because the Bison recently lost their 4th game in 62 games to a unknown offense at 13th ranked Montana's stadium in the last few seconds. Get a grip people!

bisonfanette
09-06-2015, 04:26 AM
As for NDSU, they lose to Montana this week and Crockett, Dahl and Mays get cut by their NFL teams. Oh my, are the Bunnies on the rise and soon to take over................

NOW YOU TELL ME THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE PURPLE.... after I ate a bag of potato chips!!! I never do that!

stevdock
09-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Here I was ready to say there is no way that Zenner from a little FCS school can compete with Abdullah from Nebraska big time FBS program and Joique Bell. Didn't realize that Bell was from a D2 school.

It is great that the NFL doesn't really care where you went to school. If you have NFL talent, they will give you a chance to prove it. Some will only get a few snaps so have to take advantage of the opportunity when given, but if they do the college you came from doesn't matter at all anymore.

unbison
09-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Here I was ready to say there is no way that Zenner from a little FCS school can compete with Abdullah from Nebraska big time FBS program and Joique Bell. Didn't realize that Bell was from a D2 school.

It is great that the NFL doesn't really care where you went to school. If you have NFL talent, they will give you a chance to prove it. Some will only get a few snaps so have to take advantage of the opportunity when given, but if they do the college you came from doesn't matter at all anymore.
When did it matter?

Tony Almeida
09-08-2015, 12:09 AM
When did it matter?

Just in the beginning . . . before and during the draft...small school, c'mon . . . but once in the system, fair game boys!

unbison
09-08-2015, 02:04 AM
Just in the beginning . . . before and during the draft...small school, c'mon . . . but once in the system, fair game boys!

I'd disagree players that deserve a chance get one.... It's about taking advantage of the opportunities they get if it be a pro day at the u of m or ndsu then they need to shine the league has a lot of stars from smaller schools I think your idea that their is a disregard for small school guys has more to do with your valuation of small school players

HerdBoy
09-08-2015, 03:15 AM
I see that all of the MVFC guys that were drafted made an NFL roster. Xavier Williams made the roster for the Cardinals, Zenner made the roster for the Lions and John made the practice squad for the Packers. Not to shabby for the MVFC.

Mr Meaty
09-08-2015, 11:12 AM
David Johnson also made AZ roster.

ZHerd
09-08-2015, 11:39 AM
I don't know if Redbirds WR Cam Merideth was drafted but he made the Bears roster. NFC North seems to be the popular MVC destination this year.

ByeSonBusiness
09-08-2015, 07:35 PM

Before and during the draft it matters where you went?

How the heck did Robinson, Hansen, and Gordon go so high then>?

HerdBoy
09-09-2015, 05:42 PM
I don't know if Redbirds WR Cam Merideth was drafted but he made the Bears roster. NFC North seems to be the popular MVC destination this year.

I didn't know that. Good catch and good for him.

MAKBison
09-09-2015, 05:53 PM
How about the red bird TE that JC knocked out...did he get a shot? i recall people being real high on him.

tony
09-09-2015, 05:59 PM
How about the red bird TE that JC knocked out...did he get a shot? i recall people being real high on him.

The Chiefs picked James O'Shaugnessy in the fifth-round. Looks like he'll make the team too.

Rock
09-09-2015, 06:12 PM
He is 2nd on the depth chart at kccheifs.com and the #1 kelce had some injuries during preseason

bruinbison
10-21-2015, 12:41 AM
Bad news for Zach Zenner.....

Zach Zenner's promising rookie season is over.

The undrafted running back out of South Dakota State, who quickly became a fan favorite for his grit and likability, cracked multiple ribs and suffered a partially collapsed lung early in Sunday's 37-34 overtime win over Chicago.

http://m.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider-short/article-1/Caldwell-Zach-Zenner-done-for-season/1db7d77f-ca20-4004-9a2f-4dd403c4c1b2

HerdBot
10-21-2015, 02:14 AM
Bad news for Zach Zenner.....

http://m.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider-short/article-1/Caldwell-Zach-Zenner-done-for-season/1db7d77f-ca20-4004-9a2f-4dd403c4c1b2

Oh my god that sucks. Hope he gets well

1998braves64
10-21-2015, 02:50 AM
Power trip mentioned it this morning too being an Eagan product. Gave him props for beating the odds and making an NFL roster.

ByeSonBusiness
10-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Hope he gets every opportunity to come back. Seems like a great guy.

THEsocalledfan
10-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Hope he gets every opportunity to come back. Seems like a great guy.

I was sick to my stomach when I heard this; hope he can make it back. Craig Dahl did and look how he is doing.

StL Bison Fan
10-21-2015, 04:35 PM
I was sick to my stomach when I heard this; hope he can make it back. Craig Dahl did and look how he is doing.
He is in the catbird seat. Football, if it works out. Med school if it doesn't.
Good for him. Either way, he's set.

Bisonville GasMan
10-21-2015, 05:38 PM
He is in the catbird seat. Football, if it works out. Med school if it doesn't.
Good for him. Either way, he's set.

Not even sure what the heck that really means...but it sounds good.

StL Bison Fan
10-21-2015, 05:53 PM
Not even sure what the heck that really means...but it sounds good.

Like bubba,he has the wheel.
Unlike bubba, he will stay on the road.
Hows that? :biggrin:

bruinbison
11-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Here is an update on what Zach Zenner is planning.....

ALLEN PARK, Mich. –
Zach Zenner deferred his medical school acceptance once.

On Friday, Zenner said he’s planning to do it again.

Zenner has not spoken with the deans at the Sanford School of Medicine in South Dakota, where he was accepted for admittance, about his decision to defer enrollment for a second straight year, but is planning to have those conversations in the near future because the Detroit Lions running back has decided to continue with his NFL aspirations.

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/20352/lions-rb-zach-zenner-feeling-better-plans-to-defer-med-school-again

Mr Meaty
11-19-2015, 08:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/20352/lions-rb-zach-zenner-feeling-better-plans-to-defer-med-school-again

Good for him. Live the dream as long as you can.

THEsocalledfan
11-20-2015, 12:12 PM

Absolutely. And Mary N., the dean (she is my next door neighbor), is awesome, and bet she will cut him some slack. Zach is a legend in SD and folks would howl if they did not give him a break.

Zach looked solid for a rookie. He should absolutely keep at it.