PDA

View Full Version : Oregon fan here

charlestonduck
08-27-2015, 09:02 PM
First off, good luck this year. Really like to see teams wearing green and yellow (and other colors in our case) dominating on the football field and on Gameday :). Hopefully y'all continue to dominate until then . . . it would be great to see this game get more interest than a "David vs. Goliath" angle. Hopefully, you will get a chance to make it to the game, the weather will be beautiful and you will be treated great!

tjbison
08-27-2015, 09:06 PM
welcome...stick around and chat

KC Bison
08-27-2015, 09:16 PM
Who knew...a respectful FBS fan.

Mr Meaty
08-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the board.

IBleedYellow
08-27-2015, 09:25 PM
I've already looked at plane tickets out there. $300 a seat isn't too terrible. I plan on making the trek out there! Stick around and talk...we don't bite that much.

charlestonduck
08-27-2015, 09:26 PM

I image the disrespect can really be annoying (luckily for you, your team usually wins these matchups) . . . when I was young, I remember how disrespectful Washington fans were towards us and "our little program." So I have witnessed the highs and lows of being a college football fan . . . luckily for me, payback is a (mutt) and we now own the Huskies (won last 11 matchups by at least 17 points).

What are your goals as a program? Stay at the FCS and dominate, or move up and join the MWC or MAC? Personally, I think you are more relevant staying put and collecting rings. I think it is stupid for the B1G to outlaw these matchups, as these are a win-win for both schools athletic departments . . . usually (I guess K-State fans might not agree, huh).

BisonHorns
08-27-2015, 09:41 PM
(Quote) Hopefully y'all continue to dominate until then . . . it would be great to see this game get more interest than a "David vs. Goliath![/QUOTE]
So in your view, you think we are David and Oregon is Goliath..? Not the way I see it, but to each their own i guess. Just kidding, we are all excited to play in Oregon in basketball, softball, and football.

GFBison
08-27-2015, 09:55 PM
First off, good luck this year. Really like to see teams wearing green and yellow (and other colors in our case) dominating on the football field and on Gameday :). Hopefully y'all continue to dominate until then . . . it would be great to see this game get more interest than a "David vs. Goliath" angle. Hopefully, you will get a chance to make it to the game, the weather will be beautiful and you will be treated great!

When do tickets go on sale? ;)

CaBisonFan
08-27-2015, 09:59 PM
We've gone through about 3 or 4 cycles of dominance at various levels of football since the early 60s. Even the 'down' years were mostly good. There are 12 national championship trophies to show for it.

We've all watched Oregon grow into one of the elite programs in the country over the past decade or more. It's very impressive.

I'm not a fan of all of the uniform changes...but it's become a part of the program that appeals to recruits and the players. (I like the creativity, but would like to see more of the real school colors.)

It'll be interesting to see where each program is at in 5 years. Recruiting has gone very well here, and the new commitments for 2016 look great. I would imagine it's the same with Oregon.

It'll also be interesting to see how our coaching staff looks then. Big success at this level tends to send coaches on to the next level. But we've usually reloaded very well with outstanding coaches.

Not sure what level we'll be at within the next decade. As you can imagine, there's been a lot of discussion about it here.

I have enjoyed watching Oregon beat USC especially. Might see you in 5. Welcome to the board.

MNLonghorn10
08-27-2015, 10:55 PM
I image the disrespect can really be annoying (luckily for you, your team usually wins these matchups) . . . when I was young, I remember how disrespectful Washington fans were towards us and "our little program." So I have witnessed the highs and lows of being a college football fan . . . luckily for me, payback is a (mutt) and we now own the Huskies (won last 11 matchups by at least 17 points).

What are your goals as a program? Stay at the FCS and dominate, or move up and join the MWC or MAC? Personally, I think you are more relevant staying put and collecting rings. I think it is stupid for the B1G to outlaw these matchups, as these are a win-win for both schools athletic departments . . . usually (I guess K-State fans might not agree, huh).
Ndsu just today approved cost of attendance in which to me is the first stepping stone to a move up.

My goal for ndsu one day is to be trading 2 and maybe 3 for 1's and host p5 schools in football. To me, the Frisco thing is fun but after 3 wins , I was ready for something new. I missed the good game but oh well.

Some here argue the opposite. I just feel there's opportunity for some real expansion in a move up, especially the way espn is coddling ndsu every season. No fcs or even g5 team outside of Boise get as much love imo

charlestonduck
08-27-2015, 11:12 PM
(Quote) Hopefully y'all continue to dominate until then . . . it would be great to see this game get more interest than a "David vs. Goliath!
So in your view, you think we are David and Oregon is Goliath..? Not the way I see it, but to each their own i guess. Just kidding, we are all excited to play in Oregon in basketball, softball, and football.[/QUOTE]

Touche. No disrespect was intended.

Right now is the "Golden Age" of Oregon sports: football team is a national power and continuing to rise, basketball team moved into a new arena and has made at least the 3rd round of the NCAA tourney the past three years, men's track and field are the two time defending champions (outdoors) and defending champs indoors (women are also defending national champions), baseball was reinstated in 2009 and has made the NCAA tourney 4 of the past 5 seasons, our softball team is a national power (3-time defending P-12 champions). No denying that our relationship with Phil Knight (Nike) combined with top-notch facilities and smart management has turned our sports around.

I don't see us going anywhere. We have the strongest infrastructure in the Pac-12 North . . . no denying USC is a force to be reckoned with, due to their recruiting base and history (hopefully they keep "7-win Sark"). Our recruiting is at an all time high, we are getting bigger, faster and stronger athletes from across the country . . . allowing us to be more selective (we haven't had a recruit fail to qualify academically since 2009).

I don't say this to be arrogant, just proud of my school. I think we are similar in a lot of ways, I assume you have to go out-of-state for a lot of athletes and seem to have a "culture of winning" that is contagious. We played Wyoming last year, and despite being outclassed physically, they played hard, were well coached and played with class . . . which I take as a tribute to your university.

We too feel disrespected this year. Everyone saying that we can't make it to the playoffs without Mariota and predicting us to take a step back, despite winning more games than any FBS school since 2010. Also funny to note, that the knock on Mariota before the draft was "that he was unproven throwing into tight windows because the receivers were so wide open" . . . we didn't lose any receivers, get our top receiver from 2013 and last year back from ACL injuries and add three stud recruits--so are our receivers going to be any less wide open this year? Fun thing about college football, every fan base can feel "disrespected," huh?

I'll probably be around, I like talking football with everyone (well except Alabama fans . . . I live in SEC country and they are the worst).

A1pigskin
08-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Looks like we will be talking for the next five years.

ndsubison1
08-28-2015, 07:49 AM

Lakes? Wait, what?

Hail bison
08-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Ndsu just today approved cost of attendance in which to me is the first stepping stone to a move up.

My goal for ndsu one day is to be trading 2 and maybe 3 for 1's and host p5 schools in football. To me, the Frisco thing is fun but after 3 wins , I was ready for something new. I missed the good game but oh well.

Some here argue the opposite. I just feel there's opportunity for some real expansion in a move up, especially the way espn is coddling ndsu every season. No fcs or even g5 team outside of Boise get as much love imo
Forgive this moron. I'll have a Craig Bohl tattoo on my ass before we host P5 schools :facepalm:

NDSUFan_Sav
08-28-2015, 08:31 AM
What the hell is your problem honestly have to say "forgive this moron"?

IzzyFlexion
08-28-2015, 11:26 AM

it's early..................

tony
08-28-2015, 12:46 PM
I wonder what the market for tickets is going to be like for this one?

Prices are actually pretty reasonable on stubhub.

gumby013
08-28-2015, 01:43 PM
I wonder what the market for tickets is going to be like for this one?

Prices are actually pretty reasonable on stubhub.

I'm wondering how many tickets NDSU gets in the contract.

Hail bison
08-28-2015, 05:49 PM
What the hell is your problem honestly have to say "forgive this moron"?

He was addressing the duck directly with a stupid fucking comment about hosting P5 schools in football. What's your fucking problem with it?

ByeSonBusiness
08-28-2015, 06:24 PM
He was addressing the duck directly with a stupid fucking comment about hosting P5 schools in football. What's your fucking problem with it?

If NDSU was FBS they'd probably snag one every now and again. If Wyoming can do it, I'm guessing NDSU would be able to as well.

MNLonghorn10
08-28-2015, 06:41 PM
Western Michigan is hosting Michigan state to start the season. Plenty of mac schools host a p5 every season.

Such a huge stretch! I know it's tough imagining such a scenario with a simpleton mind like hail bozos, but I guess that's what we have to work with unfortunately.

Please don't quote that guy either. His childish name calling on anybody gets old. I put him on ignore months ago and it feels great. I know he'll quote this with some intimidating force but with absolutely no substance

BadlandsBison
08-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Western Michigan is hosting Michigan state to start the season. Plenty of mac schools host a p5 every season.

Such a huge stretch! I know it's tough imagining such a scenario with a simpleton mind like hail bozos, but I guess that's what we have to work with unfortunately.

Please don't quote that guy either. His childish name calling on anybody gets old. I put him on ignore months ago and it feels great. I know he'll quote this with some intimidating force but with absolutely no substance

Apples to oranges. Western Michigan has legendary tradition and a great game day atmosphere

bisonpride4ever
08-28-2015, 07:26 PM
There are 29 games this season where a P5 team travels to a non P5. Miami and NC St actually have two non P5 road games each.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

Bisonguy
08-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Apples to oranges. Western Michigan has legendary tradition and a great game day atmosphere

Damn straight! Who doesn't love to row the boat?

bisonaudit
08-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Damn straight! Who doesn't love to row the boat?

Must spread rep.

MNLonghorn10
08-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Pj fleck is the best coach in America. I'm actually looking forward to the sparty game. Should be electric Friday night

bisonaudit
08-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Pj fleck is the best coach in America. I'm actually looking forward to the sparty game. Should be electric Friday night

He might be the best salesmen in America. If he can sell R.T.B, he can sell anything.

charlestonduck
08-28-2015, 08:10 PM

Your K-State football link is hilarious. We built our program on a foundation that included branding and marketing, so I give credit to any team putting forth an effort--but some are just 'epic fails' like this Oregon State effort to introduce a 4th quarter tradition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHPC7-KCPSE

Ironic part was the only ones that ever did it were the USC players during a Trojan win in Cornvallis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOC0QfKRZk

ZHerd
08-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Your K-State football link is hilarious. We built our program on a foundation that included branding and marketing, so I give credit to any team putting forth an effort--but some are just 'epic fails' like this Oregon State effort to introduce a 4th quarter tradition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHPC7-KCPSE

Ironic part was the only ones that ever did it were the USC players during a Trojan win in Cornvallis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOC0QfKRZk

Back when USC was a title contender it seemed like Oregon State was the only program that could beat them

tony
08-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Please keep the non-funny junk out of this thread from here on out.

Christopher Moen
04-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Nice "April Fool's Day" joke from Oregon: http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=210844591

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQglMbkF-W4

Hammerhead
04-01-2016, 06:45 PM
It shouldn't be very hard to have that effect on TV since the same technology used for the first down lines can also display the numbers on the field when they are covered with snow. It wasn't the best quality, but this was from 2013.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/ba-4nwacyaa46ai1.jpg?w=1000

Christopher Moen
04-01-2016, 06:48 PM
It shouldn't be very hard to have that effect on TV since the same technology used for the first down lines can also display the numbers on the field when they are covered with snow. It wasn't the best quality, but this was from 2013.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/ba-4nwacyaa46ai1.jpg?w=1000

It would be amusing to see players try to run on a LED board in the rain.

Thundering Herd
04-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Nice "April Fool's Day" joke from Oregon: http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=210844591

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQglMbkF-W4

Let's make this happen! $400 million for a new dome and $50 million for turf with fiber-optic threads sewn in. (Purple...or is it? Haha)

yopaulie
04-02-2016, 01:54 AM
Let's make this happen! $400 million for a new dome and $50 million for turf with fiber-optic threads sewn in. (Purple...or is it? Haha)

Wow...I could actually someone embedding that into turf. Can't wait to see ads and trivia from the Soybean Council on the actual field of play...

gumby013
04-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Wow...I could actually someone embedding that into turf. Can't wait to see ads and trivia from the Soybean Council on the actual field of play...

Maybe I will finally learn what Real Truck is...and why they would sponsor the Red Zone.

ByeSonBusiness
04-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Maybe I will finally learn what Real Truck is...and why they would sponsor the Red Zone.

They are from Jamestown. They sell stuff for trucks. You are welcome.

NorthernBison
04-02-2016, 11:55 PM
They are from Jamestown. They sell stuff for trucks. You are welcome.

I've bought stuff from them that I couldn't find anywhere else.

They stepped in after Titan stopped doing the red zone thing. Obviously, selling farm equipment suddenly became as easy as trying to sell ice cubes to Eskimos.

Bison bison
04-03-2016, 12:12 AM
Don't sell horns for my F-150.

Rock
10-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Oregon looked good last night. Nice mix of run and pass on scoring plays with pre snap movement to position.

Kind of stuff that will carry over without Hebert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
10-12-2019, 02:49 PM
wheres the rest of the ducks fans? let them chirp now while they have that QB