PDA

View Full Version : Pre Game Beer Preference

SDbison
08-15-2006, 04:02 AM
Whether you at the game tailgating, or stuck at home listening to the radio or on-line what is you favorite brand of cold barley product to enjoy around a football game? Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Budweiser, Mich Golden Light, etc., or just any beer will do? I know, what kind of a question is this......well since the football topic responses are few and far between these days thought I might get your attention. My choice:
Mich Golden Light......roll out the barrel Sambini! [smiley=beer.gif]

kchats
08-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Boulevard Dry Stout
Boulevard Pale Ale
Boulevard Bully Porter
Boulevard Irish Ale
Boulevard Winter Brew
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat

All brewed right here in Kansas City and listed in order of my preference.

SDbison
08-15-2006, 04:15 AM
Kchats, are you going to make a trip to the FFD this year? I assume you are going to the Gopher game? Hope to meet you and talk Biosn football while enjoying our favorite beers. Heres to the Bison in '06. As you can maybe tell I have been practicing my beer drinking skills during the Vikings preseason game.

BisonMav
08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Root Beer :)

WYOBISONMAN
08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
How about.....cold beer..... ;)

BisonBacker
08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
How about the old classics, Hamms or Pabst? Ok Ok hey I don't really care as long as its cold :D

NDFAN2
08-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Bud Light or Michelob Light

Paulie
08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Grain Belt, Schmidts, Schlitz

cadillac
08-15-2006, 02:25 PM
anything with the word Bud in it

Budweiser
Bud Light
Bud Select

right sambini+++++++++++++ ;)

Sticks
08-15-2006, 02:37 PM
I was surprised to not see a sambini post that said Bud Select with about 20 plus' behind it yet! :D

Bison_Dan
08-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Leinenkugels Honey Weiss Bier :D

roadwarrior
08-15-2006, 04:59 PM
COLD beer is the only requirement! [smiley=beer.gif]

Bisonfan1
08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
COLD beer is the only requirement! [smiley=beer.gif]
Cold and FREE is the beer for me ! ;D

Sac_State
08-15-2006, 05:21 PM
I was surprised to not see a sambini post that said Bud Select with about 20 plus' behind it yet! * :D

He's not 21 yet.

DORMIE
08-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Anyone looking for a cold beer on tap in Fargo, go to UNO Chicago Grill in West Fargo. The have chilled glasses and their lines to the kegs are only about 15 feet. One of the owners, a huge Sioux fan and a good friend of mine, agreed to join Teammakers last night. Stop out and have a cool one. My motto "That Bud's for me....2 or 7!!!

IowaBison
08-15-2006, 06:01 PM
I'd prefer it if my beer could be drank from a bottle and not a damned red cup! >:(

tcbison
08-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Anyone looking for a cold beer on tap in Fargo, go to UNO Chicago Grill in West Fargo. *The have chilled glasses and their lines to the kegs are only about 15 feet. *One of the owners, a huge Sioux fan and a good friend of mine, agreed to join Teammakers last night. *Stop out and have a cool one. *My motto *"That Bud's for me....2 or 7!!!

Great job Dormie! As far as beer goes, I prefer Irish Amber(Finnigans or Killians), or a good lager(Harps).

For the people in the Twin Cities you have to check out Finnigan's. Finnegans is unique in that 100% of the profits are donated to The Finnegans Community Fund which disburses grants to help the working poor and at-risk youth throughout Minnesota. I think it is a very good beer, and you are donating to charity at the same time. Brilliant!
Here is a link to the website:

http://www.finnegans.org/

NDFAN2
08-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Anyone looking for a cold beer on tap in Fargo, go to UNO Chicago Grill in West Fargo. *The have chilled glasses and their lines to the kegs are only about 15 feet. *One of the owners, a huge Sioux fan and a good friend of mine, agreed to join Teammakers last night. *Stop out and have a cool one. *My motto *"That Bud's for me....2 or 7!!!

Great job Dormie! As far as beer goes, I prefer Irish Amber(Finnigans or Killians), or a good lager(Harps).

For the people in the Twin Cities you have to check out Finnigan's. Finnegans is unique in that 100% of the profits are donated to The Finnegans Community Fund which disburses grants to help the working poor and at-risk youth throughout Minnesota. I think it is a very good beer, and you are donating to charity at the same time. Brilliant!
Here is a link to the website:

http://www.finnegans.org/

tcbison knows all! ;)

sway1331
08-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Bass or Harp

roadwarrior
08-15-2006, 09:32 PM
One of the owners, a huge Sioux fan and a good friend of mine, agreed to join Teammakers last night.

Way to go DORMIE!!!!!!!!!!!! That had to be the longest sales pitch in history to get him to join.

markerman
08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Any east coasters with me on:

Harpoon IPA
Magic Hat #9
Yuengling
Shipyard Export
Anything from Sam Adams

?????

BraxtonT
08-15-2006, 10:27 PM

Harpoon IPA
Magic Hat #9
Yuengling
Shipyard Export
Anything from Sam Adams

?????

We were out in Pittsburgh a couple years ago for a Pirates game and my wife loved this stuff. She's hoping to get back out East just so she can get some of it. :)

kchats
08-16-2006, 02:35 AM
Kchats, are you going to make a trip to the FFD this year? *I assume you are going to the Gopher game? *Hope to meet you and talk Biosn football while enjoying our favorite beers. *Heres to the Bison in '06. *As you can maybe tell I have been practicing my beer drinking skills during the Vikings preseason game. *

I don't think I will be making it to the FargoDome this year. I am new in my job and have used most of my vacation for a trip to Michigan to see family. I also have a ton of deadlines that take me right through the football season. I would love to make the trip but just can't do it this year.

roadwarrior
08-16-2006, 02:41 AM
I'd prefer it if my beer could be drank from a bottle and not a damned red cup! *>:(

The yellow cups are much better. [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

IowaBison
08-16-2006, 02:47 AM
:)

Have to admit that I'm enjoying a bottle of the King of Beers right now! :)

roadwarrior
08-16-2006, 02:52 AM
I am going to have to adjust my beer drinking budget upwards quite a bit if its true that WYOBISONMAN is going to be at three games this season!

IowaBison
08-16-2006, 03:10 AM
I am new in my job and have used most of my vacation for a trip to Michigan to see family.

My God, man.

You need to prioritize! :) :) :)

(I think the Budweiser just kicked in.)

kchats
08-16-2006, 03:14 AM
I know but it had been three years since my entire family was together. *I haven't even set foot in North Dakota this year, probably won't. *I also have young kids one in first grade and a 2 year old so getting away for games is tough. The first grader starts school tomorrow so the summer is over here in Olathe.

sambini
08-16-2006, 04:38 AM
BUDWEISER,BUD LIGHT,MICHELOB LIGHT,AND BUDWEISER SELECT IN 16oz. ALUM BOTTLES.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-16-2006, 05:23 AM
Michelob Golden Draft Light ........................... :P

Jim_Puetz
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
What about Bison Beer? www.bisonbrew.com

SDbison
08-16-2006, 04:52 PM
++++++++++++++++++

SDbison
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Michelob Golden Draft Light *........................... :P

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

SDbison
08-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Michelob Golden Draft Light *........................... :P

Wacker, I assume the the tongue emoticon is for tasty, not yuk.

Wacker, I assume the the tongue emoticon is for tasty, not yuk.

ndsubison
08-16-2006, 09:32 PM

If your friend is a "huge" sioux fan and just joined Team Makers, then I will have to stop by UNO and have a beer or five on that fact alone. Getting back on topic, I like Mickey's (a.k.a. The Green Hornet). Coors Light and Miller High Life (longneck bottle) work, too.

84grad
08-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Just found "Big Butt" brewed by Leinenkugel's, and it is pretty good. *Dark, but not heavy. *The name comes from two rams butting heads on the label. *Maybe there could be an advertising campaign featuring the "Rams" on the offensive line!!

ndsubison
08-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Just found "Big Butt" brewed by Leinenkugel's, and it is pretty good. *Dark, but not heavy. *The name comes from two rams butting heads on the label. *Maybe there could be an advertising campaign featuring the "Rams" on the offensive line!!

Now you're starting to scare me. What happens if a guy has too many "Big Butts" and ends up going home with a Fat-Bottomed Girl? Is that good marketing??? :o :o

Bisonguy
08-16-2006, 10:09 PM

Now you're starting to scare me. *What happens if a guy has too many "Big Butts" and ends up going home with a Fat-Bottomed Girl? *Is that good marketing??? :o :o

Fat-bottomed girls make the rocking world go 'round. ;)

bisonranch
08-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Boulevard Dry Stout
Boulevard Pale Ale
Boulevard Bully Porter
Boulevard Irish Ale
Boulevard Winter Brew
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat

All brewed right here in Kansas City and listed in order of my preference.

Excellant choice. It's hard to find up north.

kchats
08-17-2006, 01:50 AM
I don't know how far Boulevard ships it. The best bars here have it on tap. Dry Stout is a new offering and it quickly became my favorite although Irish Ale is excellent in March and Winter Brew works great during the Christmas Season. I did forget one by Boulevard we like during the summer called Zon. It is a lighter beer with a slight hint of lemon in it. Can't beat a good Boulevard beer and it is brewed right here in Kansas City so I am supporting the locals.

Budweiser is the favorite of many in the KC area.

GFBisonFan
08-18-2006, 05:30 PM

Harpoon IPA
Magic Hat #9
Yuengling
Shipyard Export
Anything from Sam Adams

?????

We were out in Pittsburgh a couple years ago for a Pirates game and my wife loved this stuff. *She's hoping to get back out East just so she can get some of it. :)

Wow, that is great. I was introduced to Yuengling on a trip to PA for guards a couple of years ago and we all loved it so we bought a case apiece and brought it home. Can't find it in the state. Really good beer. Haven't found it or had it for a long time until last fall when I was elk hunting. A guy had gotten stuck so we helped shovel and push him out (not too easy at 9000 feet on a narrow mountain pass). He gave us a case of beer for helping-yep you guessed it Yuengling. I enjoyed it quite a bit (probably too much). Anyway, ejh if you get your hands on some come on over and we'll make a night of it.

But a mich ultra or bud light will do nicely.

tony
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
In honor of Sambini, I think it'll be Bud for me for the Gopher game. Usually I'm a Guinness guy though but only because I can't find a North Dakota brew.

sambini
08-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Thank you Tony +++++++++++