PDA

View Full Version : What is the fair market value to see the Bison play?

thebootfitter
08-25-2015, 06:19 AM
Bisonville -- I think many of you have a better feel for this than I do. I also think many of you have more experience attending other college football games around the country. (I've only been to a handful.) I know that there are many factors that influence the dynamics of secondary ticket pricing, but my question essentially boils down to this:

What is the fair market value to see the Bison play football? In other words, how much are people willing to pay for tickets on the secondary market?

But also -- how does that compare to other FCS teams? Other FBS teams? What are the hottest tickets out there among all regular season college football games?

For example, I was able to get tickets to the Montana game for $100, and my wife thought that was crazy expensive. But I see on Stubhub that the median sold price is right around $200/ticket for that game.

Next example is the UND game where the Stubhub median sold price is over $250. I'm still surprised that this game is commanding such high prices. I guess it is the historical draw of a "renewed rivalry." (Cough, cough)

I don't know where to find a more comprehensive source of sold ticket prices across many games, and it takes awhile to look them up on Stubhub individually, but I poked around for a few other Montana games as well as some P5 games. My limited research didn't show any other teams with multiple games in a year where the median price is over $200 at this point in the season. That just seems crazy to me!

Does anyone here have some perspective that they can share?

roadwarrior
08-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Bought a ticket at the gate last year in Springfield Missouri to watch the Bison beat Missouri State. Cost was $5.00

Christopher Moen
08-25-2015, 08:11 AM
High demand for tickets plus limited seating = high price to see the Bison live.

The most I have paid (ticket only) to watch NDSU is $145 for the FCS Championship Game. This included the $45 ticket for great seats plus the $100 for the hospitality package. Well worth the the price. Comparable, the most I paid for a Broncos game (AFC Championship Game) was only $125.00. No hospitality package included.

If I still lived in Fargo, I would be more than happy to pay $250 to watch NDSU drop the hammer on the 19th. However, living 1,000 miles away limits my ability to pay that much due to the cost of travel. Luckily for me, I got a ticket at regular price for this game by being a Team Maker.

Also, it helps being a single guy in that I don't have to worry about providing for a family first. That alone will limit most fans spending ability.

westnodak93bison
08-25-2015, 09:04 AM
To put it in perspective, just remind your wife that $100 isn't even a respectable bar tab or compare it to all the lame movies and concerts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
08-25-2015, 04:16 PM
time for a BIGGER STADIUM duh.

El_Chapo
08-25-2015, 04:26 PM
for that UND game, I see a TON of Bison fans selling out because they dont want to be at that game

http://fargo.craigslist.org/search/tia

so prepare for a lot of sioux hockey jerseys

Vet70
08-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Bought a ticket at the gate last year in Springfield Missouri to watch the Bison beat Missouri State. Cost was $5.00

You got a better deal.--Weber State cost us $10 apiece.

Bison 4 Life
08-25-2015, 05:37 PM

I was surprised at that. I thought they were offering me a kid ticket or something.

Then again, there couldn't have been 500 people at that game, I actually counted.

Bison03
08-25-2015, 05:48 PM
http://www.acrdepos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/5f91584182fd7272b1f6b8647b40932691eb50fce4be09d0f5 d9b3ad6f07a88f.jpg

BisonHorns
08-25-2015, 08:31 PM
I paid $89 a ticket for the last Gopher game second tier front row, 96 each for front row end zone in Iowa, 180 for one of our tickets to the first championship. The rest have been pretty much face value thanks to season tickets and the 3 year package in Frisco. With a family of four I think our limit is about $50 a ticket because $200 in an afternoon is about the most we can afford without thinking about how it could be better spent on bills and groceries. I know that sounds terrible but yes sometimes feeding and clothing the kids is above Bison football. If it is huge game I can see spending up to 200 a ticket if it is just for the wife and me.

56BISON73
08-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Bisonville -- I think many of you have a better feel for this than I do. I also think many of you have more experience attending other college football games around the country. (I've only been to a handful.) I know that there are many factors that influence the dynamics of secondary ticket pricing, but my question essentially boils down to this:

What is the fair market value to see the Bison play football? In other words, how much are people willing to pay for tickets on the secondary market?

But also -- how does that compare to other FCS teams? Other FBS teams? What are the hottest tickets out there among all regular season college football games?

For example, I was able to get tickets to the Montana game for $100, and my wife thought that was crazy expensive. But I see on Stubhub that the median sold price is right around $200/ticket for that game.

Next example is the UND game where the Stubhub median sold price is over $250. I'm still surprised that this game is commanding such high prices. I guess it is the historical draw of a "renewed rivalry." (Cough, cough)

I don't know where to find a more comprehensive source of sold ticket prices across many games, and it takes awhile to look them up on Stubhub individually, but I poked around for a few other Montana games as well as some P5 games. My limited research didn't show any other teams with multiple games in a year where the median price is over $200 at this point in the season. That just seems crazy to me!

Does anyone here have some perspective that they can share?

Every game is variable. How well are the Bison doing? How good is the opposing team. Demand for the game? Time of the year. Home or away game? Whats YOUR budget. For some they have more disposable income so they are willing to pay more. It all comes down to what anyone person is willing to pay for that game. It wasnt too long ago people were giving away tickets in the parking lots. Now its a different market.

gumby013
08-25-2015, 09:12 PM
How much did I pay for the 3-year Frisco packs?

$109 each.

That much.

BisonHorns
08-25-2015, 09:22 PM
For example, I was able to get tickets to the Montana game for $100, and my wife thought that was crazy.[/QUOTE]
I found your problem, from now on tell her they were 20 bucks. I honestly feel 100 was a good deal and for the memories it will be worth it!

KC Bison
08-25-2015, 11:59 PM
Paid $150 each for 4 tickets for the Iowa State game last year. Seats up on the second deck but around the 40 yard line, surrounded by a bunch of ISU hotheads that got quieter and quieter as the game rolled on. Very enjoyable. Called rude by a lady in front of me and I thanked her for her comment.

EndZoneQB
08-26-2015, 12:49 AM
Paid $150 each for 4 tickets for the Iowa State game last year. Seats up on the second deck but around the 40 yard line, surrounded by a bunch of ISU hotheads that got quieter and quieter as the game rolled on. Very enjoyable. Called rude by a lady in front of me and I thanked her for her comment.

Jeezus, really? We paid less than that to sit on the damn field lol

Tatanka
08-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Jeezus, really? We paid less than that to sit on the damn field lol

Yyyyyyyep!

1998braves64
08-26-2015, 02:45 AM
All the games I've sold tickets in the lobby there are usually a good amount of people selling tickets. I think I was only able to sell one of mine over face value at that point of the week once. I've even done it on "high" demand games such as SDSU. Finding face value for most Bison games is probably doable. Depending on how many people you have and how keen you are on sitting together. Had a group of 6 people last year wanted all their tickets together, had enough people selling in lobby to get their 6 tickets but sitting together was a priority for them for whatever reason. Was a group of like 17-18 year olds so not like they weren't "big" enough to sit on their own. They did eventually somehow get 6 tickets at the ticket window about 15-20 mins before game time not really sure if ticket office had a late return on tickets or what?

Ndsu84
08-26-2015, 03:09 AM
The most I paid was $200/ticket for the gopher game. We were front row right on the spot where the interception/pitch/touchdown happened before half. The gopher fans were arrogant as he!! and couldn't believe the tickets sold so high. It was well worth it.

Bison football is just plain great football. Vikings and gophers get your hopes up and then f--- it away.

KC Bison
08-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Tough negotiating from Kansas City. Wasn't going to drive up there without tickets. No complaints about paying $150, it was worth it.

EndZoneQB
08-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Tough negotiating from Kansas City. Wasn't going to drive up there without tickets. No complaints about paying $150, it was worth it.

Nothing wrong with that idea. I am generally in agreement that it doesn't really bother me if I have to pay a lot for tickets. I think the most I paid was for K-State tickets, but it was 1st row 40 yard line NDSU sideline for around $150. Couldn't go wrong.