BisoninNWMN
08-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Welcome. Nice to get some DEs.

Mr Meaty
08-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Welcome Gabe,

THEsocalledfan
08-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Almost got goosebumps when I heard this thinking back to how awesome his dad was.

Was there really any doubt where he would go?

Mr Meaty
08-10-2015, 11:33 PM
Almost got goosebumps when I heard this thinking back to how awesome his dad was.

Was there really any doubt where he would go?
Never take these things as guaranteed.

HerdBot
08-11-2015, 12:28 AM
That's awesome. What's cool is not only is he the son of a legend, he's a totally different type of athlete. Kids way taller than his dad. I'm hoping he gets a shot at DE. That's proto typical size but he looks like he could play TE too. Welcome aboard

SamsRams
08-11-2015, 12:45 AM
Welcome. Nice to get some DEs.

Except he will play TE. roehl tweeted addition to crew chiefs which is TE/FB.

I think this solidifies Lund at DE

BisonFan02
08-11-2015, 01:06 AM
Sounds like a FB to me! #bringbacktheveer! :D

HerdBot
08-11-2015, 01:10 AM

Damn out TEs will be nuts in the future. Good news is we play 2 regularly and need 2 for depth. It's a spot that takes a few years to learn so by the time some of the current players are done well have 4 guys to step in. Worst case we will be loaded on special teams and can move one of them to DE

bison_by_blood
08-11-2015, 12:25 PM

Surprised at this because I thought Lund had the hands to be a real good pass catching TE. Seemed the more natural position for him from watching his highlights.

westnodak93bison
08-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Is he as fast as his dad?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Is he as fast as his dad?

Cmon man Doug is almost 50 lol! Jk
But we're comparing 6-1 running back to a 6-5 tight end

devin45k
08-11-2015, 09:04 PM
I am sure his father is proud that He is becoming a Bison!

bruinbison
11-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Gabe Lloyd named to 2015 Wisconsin All-State Football Team (8 man)

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0087/1985/2015_All-State.pdf

Jay
12-15-2015, 01:33 AM
UNI offered tonight.

tjbison
12-15-2015, 01:44 AM
UNI offered tonight.

Interesting......

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2015, 01:55 PM
UNI offered tonight.

Guess they do not know where he dad went to school? Good luck with that one, Farley. Probably would take a Badger offer to shake this one, I'd think.

ByeSonBusiness
12-15-2015, 02:07 PM
Guess they do not know where he dad went to school? Good luck with that one, Farley. Probably would take a Badger offer to shake this one, I'd think.

I'm thinking Tennessee had heard of Archie Manning at Ole Miss when they convinced Peyton to go there. Hope the kid goes where he feels is the best fit.

Vet70
12-15-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking Tennessee had heard of Archie Manning at Ole Miss when they convinced Peyton to go there. Hope the kid goes where he feels is the best fit.

Cue FCOA--

Professor Chaos
12-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Or it's a ploy to try to get NDSU to offer a full if they've only offered a partial to this point. Kinda like what NDSU did with that Sczyrbak kid (no idea on spelling) a couple years ago. Of course in that case he wasn't verballed yet.

Honeybooboo
02-02-2016, 03:10 PM
dont count on this FAX coming in

looks like he will be accepting the PWO in Badger land, if true and I have no reson to think no Good luck to him

southcliffbison
02-02-2016, 03:16 PM

looks like he will be accepting the PWO in Badger land, if true and I have no reson to think no Good luck to him

Do you have a link, tweet , anything to back up your claim? If true, major disappointment.....

BisonNation11
02-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Do you have a link, tweet , anything to back up your claim? If true, major disappointment.....

Let's just say rumblings I've heard confirm this. But, no ink has been set to paper so it's a wait and see type of thing. Hoping for the best.

HerdBot
02-02-2016, 04:03 PM
It would certainly be disappointing and much like Tornedson, but the quality of the class is still very high.

SDbison
02-02-2016, 04:30 PM

looks like he will be accepting the PWO in Badger land, if true and I have no reson to think no Good luck to him So if that is the case make up his mind already. He commited to NDSU over 5 months ago. Don't think much of someone who has all this time and needs to wait to flip at signing day. Without a tweet confirming he is staying with NDSU this appears to be the case. Gives NDSU no time for a replacement.

Bison 4 Life
02-02-2016, 04:33 PM
He got an offer from Eastern Michigan too so that might be in the mix.

HerdBot
02-02-2016, 04:33 PM
I guess instead of getting bummed if we lose a TE recruit, we should look and see what we have.
Ellefson had Big Ten scholarship offers and he will be a RFR. Jensen was rapidly moving up thr depth charts towards the end of the year and he's 6-6 and only a sophomore, and Illies may have the best hands of any TE we've ever had and he has 2 more years. Wentz had gotten significant playing time and has 2 more years and don't forget about Matt Anderson who will be a redshirt freshman.

And don't forget about Lund who is also coming in as a TE

Next year we will definitely need another TE / DE. Would love to have Lloyd join the Herd but the cubbord ain't empty and we're young and extremely talented.

39 Ben Ellefson TE 6-3 243 Fr. Hawley, Minn. Hawley HS
49 Matt Anderson TE 6-4 228 Fr. Lakeland, Minn. Stillwater HS
85 Nate Jenson TE 6-6 243 RFr. Waupaca, Wis. Waupaca HS
86 Jeff Illies TE 6-3 221 So. Lidgerwood, N.D. Lidgerwood HS
87 Connor Wentz TE 6-3 248 So. Dunnellon, Fla.

bri-dog
02-02-2016, 04:37 PM
It would certainly be disappointing and much like Tornedson, but the quality of the class is still very high.

You keep trying to make Torneden a Norwegian... :):duel:

tjbison
02-02-2016, 04:38 PM
So if that is the case make up his mind already. He commited to NDSU over 5 months ago. Don't think much of someone who has all this time and needs to wait to flip at signing day. Without a tweet confirming he is staying with NDSU this appears to be the case. Gives NDSU no time for a replacement.

He has not held the WI PWO for 5 months, that was the wrench thrown in to this

Farmer63
02-02-2016, 04:44 PM
I guess instead of getting bummed if we lose a TE recruit, we should look and see what we have.
Ellefson had Big Ten scholarship offers and he will be a RFR. Jensen was rapidly moving up thr depth charts towards the end of the year and he's 6-6 and only a sophomore, and Illies may have the best hands of any TE we've ever had and he has 2 more years. Wentz had gotten significant playing time and has 2 more years and don't forget about Matt Anderson who will be a redshirt freshman.

Next year we will definitely need another TE / DE. Would love to have Lloyd join the Herd but the cubbord ain't empty and we're young and extremely talented.

Spot on for TE's. We a look good there in my opinion. DE is where I think we need to focus. With Kieft bailing out to Minnesota, I'd like to see something coming up in that spot. Maybe Lund goes onto the D side?

SDbison
02-02-2016, 04:45 PM
He has not held the WI PWO for 5 months, that was the wrench thrown in to this He then owes it to NDSU to weigh things and make a decision. How long has he been working with Wisconsin? It goes back to then, not just the PWO offer date since he had a verbal commitment to NDSU.

tjbison
02-02-2016, 04:47 PM
He then owes it to NDSU to weigh things and make a decision. How long has he been working with Wisconsin? It goes back to then, not just the PWO offer date since he had a verbal commitment to NDSU.

No clue, someone else will have to answer this

Bison 4 Life
02-02-2016, 04:50 PM
He then owes it to NDSU to weigh things and make a decision. How long has he been working with Wisconsin? It goes back to then, not just the PWO offer date since he had a verbal commitment to NDSU.

That's just it. He doesn't owe NDSU anything. Just like Adam Cofeld doesn't owe anything to Missouri State or PGT owed anything to UNI.

Recruiting is an art, not a science. The coaches understand that they all have a tenuous grip on kids with other offers. It's just a fact of life. That's why it's best not to get too invested in these kids.

BisonNeil
02-02-2016, 05:09 PM

According to the Izzo/Kolpack media blog Lund is going to be a DE at NDSU.
http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-signing-day-preview-2/

Jay
02-02-2016, 05:13 PM

theyve got about nine errors in that blog post

BisonNation11
02-02-2016, 05:13 PM

I'll go with what Mr. Burgandy has to say over Kolpack and Izzo. This was a quote from this morning.

Braydon Lund is coming in at TE. Clearly is one of those kids with the correct size and ability to play either position, but he is coming in at TE.

Now perhaps if Lloyd sticks, that might change things. But I doubt it.

HerdBot
02-02-2016, 05:16 PM

They are wrong on that one. Although he is certainly a good enough athlete to play DE. Were pretty loaded at DE and TE actually.

Herd12
02-02-2016, 06:02 PM

Not really the authority on recruiting.

Kermit
02-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Spot on for TE's. We a look good there in my opinion. DE is where I think we need to focus. With Kieft bailing out to Minnesota, I'd like to see something coming up in that spot. Maybe Lund goes onto the D side?

We are probably in even better shape at DE than TE. Everybody who played will be back.

Ambrosius will be the only senior.
Menard is a stud, Jr.
J Tuszka, Jr. Showed good progress this year.
Stanley Jones, So. Excellent potential.
Caleb Butler, So. I hear he will be going on scholarship. One of the pleasant surprises on the roster.
Cole Karcz, RFr.
D Tuszka, R Fr.

I have hear tremendous things about the redshirts from multiple sources. Sounds like the others will be challenged for playing time. That is 7 guys who can be productive players. Bottom line, is we didn't NEED a DE this year. Sure we would have been ecstatic to get a Ko Kieft or a William Bradley-King because they have the potential to be special. But we don't need to bring anyone in just to fill a roster spot. Now we have landed a PWO in Justice Kelley who is a developmental guy. I think Matt Biegler's long-term future is more likely to be at DT than DE (just my opinion based only on highlight video), but our program has done well with walk-ons. We are awfully lucky to be Bison fans. :)

BisonNeil
02-02-2016, 06:17 PM
We are probably in even better shape at DE than TE. Everybody who played will be back.

Menard is a stud, Jr.
Caleb Butler, So. I hear he will be going on scholarship. One of the pleasant surprises on the roster.
Cole Karcz, RFr.
D Tuszka, R Fr.

I have hear tremendous things about the redshirts from multiple sources. Sounds like the others will be challenged for playing time. That is 7 guys who can be productive players. Bottom line, is we didn't NEED a DE this year. Sure we would have been ecstatic to get a Ko Kieft or a William Bradley-King because they have the potential to be special. But we don't need to bring anyone in just to fill a roster spot. Now we have landed a PWO in Justice Kelley who is a developmental guy. I think Matt Biegler's long-term future is more likely to be at DT than DE (just my opinion based only on highlight video), but our program has done well with walk-ons. We are awfully lucky to be Bison fans. :)

His family are neighbors and friends. I know that is where his father projects him. I agree with you. He is a big-boned kid, a bit over 6'4" and a very solid 255. With his bone structure he could easily put on another 25-30 lbs, perhaps more. I see him as someone who could turn out to be the next Steidl or Schaetz but in the Tanquay size and body mold.

Farmer63
02-02-2016, 09:35 PM

Menard is a stud, Jr.
Cole Karcz, RFr.
D Tuszka, R Fr.

Please, don't get me wrong. We are in great shape for the coming year, and probably the year after as well. I just would have liked to have picked up another DE in this class for down the road. And I agree, we Bison fans are a pretty spoiled bunch. Some other teams are looking to find somebody to put in a gap right now. We have the luxury of looking down the road a couple years. Our cupboard is never empty.

HerdBot
02-03-2016, 01:55 AM
Please, don't get me wrong. We are in great shape for the coming year, and probably the year after as well. I just would have liked to have picked up another DE in this class for down the road. And I agree, we Bison fans are a pretty spoiled bunch. Some other teams are looking to find somebody to put in a gap right now. We have the luxury of looking down the road a couple years. Our cupboard is never empty.

That's why we are good. We lock in and develop high school players into studs for the future as opposed to lame teams who look to plug holes with risky juco players.

CAS4127
02-03-2016, 02:00 AM
I still feel like we are getting a NLOI from him tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone.

westnodak93bison
02-03-2016, 02:03 AM
I still feel like we are getting a NLOI from him tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone.
Source? Or alcohol induced gut feeling?

CAS4127
02-03-2016, 02:40 AM

Well, I would never give up a source and don't care much for balance of your post.

Watch and see.

Sent from my iPhone.

RossUglem
02-03-2016, 02:51 AM
I would be extremely surprised if Gabe Lloyd signs with NDSU tomorrow.

mtoutfitter
02-03-2016, 02:54 AM

Really, you have to put that shot in there to a guy that played with his dad??? He's just giving you his feeling.......just like you do many times. Maybe that's why you can't kill a good bull.....Carma????

Jay
02-03-2016, 03:01 AM
Looks like some sub tweeting going on. And it's not good for NDSU.

CAS4127
02-03-2016, 03:04 AM
I would be extremely surprised if Gabe Lloyd signs with NDSU tomorrow.

I won't be. How would him signing with NDSU be an "extreme" surprise? He has verballed, and has not publicly stated otherwise. On the eve of NSD.

Sent from my iPhone.

Jay
02-03-2016, 03:44 AM
Headed to Wisconsin.

https://twitter.com/gabelloyd23/status/694742925574561792

Dont tweet at recruits.

BisonFan02
02-03-2016, 04:12 AM
/Lock Next man up!

civilguy
02-03-2016, 04:57 AM
Guess he doesn't want to play 16 games a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BFKasper14
02-03-2016, 05:18 AM
Headed to Wisconsin.

https://twitter.com/gabelloyd23/status/694742925574561792

Dont tweet at recruits.

I didn't see much of anything on his Twitter profile. But I don't understand why people would risk violations by doing this. Just stupid.

SamsRams
02-03-2016, 09:31 AM
https://twitter.com/seanjeromeengel/status/694730775707590657

Honeybooboo
02-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Good luck gabe, had to have been hard a choice

Jay
02-03-2016, 11:38 AM
I didn't see much of anything on his Twitter profile. But I don't understand why people would risk violations by doing this. Just stupid.

More so just some awareness for the faction of #NDSUTwitter that does.

aces1180
02-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Well, if things don't work out at WI, it could be another King Frasier situation.

Bisonville GasMan
02-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Disappointed. But wish the young man the best. Remember watching his father play.

jarhead
02-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Gabe's situation reminds me a lot of the Joe Schobert recruitment a few years ago. Joe was a small town RB/LB who reminded me a lot of Kyle Emmanuel. He had no scholarship offers and the only walk-on offer I remember was from UND (which he eventually accepted, I believe). When Wisconsin offered a walk-on, he accepted and is now expected to be a mid-round draftee as an OLB. I hope Gabe has the same kind of success!

george99
02-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Not going to blame a kid for trying to chase his dreams at a pretty decent FBS school.

bruinbison
02-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Congrats to Gabe Lloyd on signing!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Andy_McDonnell/status/694924961824296961?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The Lost Dutchman
02-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Good kid, good family. Hard to be upset with a kid pursuing a dream.

THEsocalledfan
02-03-2016, 11:18 PM
I admit this one hurt, but good luck to him. Let's hope if it doesn't work out, he does a King Frazier.

tjbison
02-04-2016, 12:37 AM
I admit this one hurt, but good luck to him. Let's hope if it doesn't work out, he does a King Frazier.

So....you hoping deep down for him to fail?

bruinbison
02-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Green Bay Press/Gazette article on Gabe Lloyd

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/02/03/new-lutherans-lloyd-chooses-wisconsin/79647412/

THEsocalledfan
02-05-2016, 03:04 PM
So....you hoping deep down for him to fail?

So, King is a failure? Of course not.

NDSUBowler
03-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Gabe Lloyd is leaving Wisconsin and going to NDSU

https://twitter.com/GabeLloyd23/status/1369031690501451779

TAILG8R
03-08-2021, 08:27 PM
Well that's fun.

Kevin
03-08-2021, 08:29 PM
Is he going to play TE?

If so will Roehl finally start utilizing them?

Professor Chaos
03-08-2021, 08:32 PM
Interesting. He's listed as a senior on Wisconsin's 2020 roster so it would appear based on that that he only has one year of eligibility left but he missed all of 2019 with an injury and didn't record any stats for Wisconsin last fall. Not sure if he'd qualify for a medical redshirt with everyone already getting a free year this year. In any case TE isn't really a position of need with Babicz and Gindorff both just juniors but the more competition the better I guess.

TAILG8R
03-08-2021, 08:33 PM
So he has 1 yr of eligibility left?

Kevin
03-08-2021, 08:34 PM
So he has 1 yr of eligibility left?

Izzo said "potentially two years of eligiblity".

HerdBot
03-08-2021, 08:42 PM
Gabe Lloyd is leaving Wisconsin and going to NDSU

https://twitter.com/GabeLloyd23/status/1369031690501451779

Who cares very little eligibility. Would rather take a chance on a young kid we can develop with 5 years. Waste of a scholarship

NDSUBowler
03-08-2021, 08:45 PM
Who cares very little eligibility. Would rather take a chance on a young kid we can develop with 5 years. Waste of a scholarship

Lots of people care!

Don't be so crabby!!!

tolnabison
03-08-2021, 08:46 PM

Who says he is on scholarship?

HerdBot
03-08-2021, 08:46 PM
Lots of people care!

Don't be so crabby!!!

I don't want a 1 year player who is coming off an injury. At best he will play special teams. Now 4 years I would be excited

HerdBot
03-08-2021, 08:47 PM
Who says he is on scholarship?

Assumed but I couldvbe wrong

SafeTeeJ
03-08-2021, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the herd Gabe! Outstanding!

tony
03-08-2021, 10:19 PM

Exactly! Good to have another Lloyd in the Herd!

EC8CH
03-08-2021, 10:35 PM
Remember when the Bison lost him to the Badger. Hope he finds a spot on the Bison where he can be productive.

El_Chapo
03-08-2021, 11:27 PM
this is fantastic. he was buried at Wisconsin but might flourish here

NovaBison
03-08-2021, 11:40 PM
Remember when he chose the Badgers... can't blame him for giving it a shot with Wisconsin.

With that said, thrilled to see he is back!

OrygunBison
03-09-2021, 12:02 AM
Is this a new thing for us? FBS transfers have rarely panned out for us, which is why we haven't done it much in our history. I know that there's a legacy thing going on here but is it REALLY any different? Does our coaching staff think that the last 15 years of recruiting efforts didn't work out well enough that we need to bring in kids that other schools used to want? What happened to focusing on development of young men for 5 years?

Maybe he's awesome, I don't know. I stopped paying attention when he chose a different school when it mattered most. I know that kids grow up and situations change. I just don't see how this is any different than the past.

Why is our recruiting strategy changing? It is at the very core of what makes NDSU Football what it is.

El_Chapo
03-09-2021, 12:50 AM
Is this a new thing for us? FBS transfers have rarely panned out for us, which is why we haven't done it much in our history. I know that there's a legacy thing going on here but is it REALLY any different? Does our coaching staff think that the last 15 years of recruiting efforts didn't work out well enough that we need to bring in kids that other schools used to want? What happened to focusing on development of young men for 5 years?

Maybe he's awesome, I don't know. I stopped paying attention when he chose a different school when it mattered most. I know that kids grow up and situations change. I just don't see how this is any different than the past.

Why is our recruiting strategy changing? It is at the very core of what makes NDSU Football what it is.

too many pwos last 2 years & borderline talent.
thats alright to take on a FBS guy or 2-3. So many kids in Transfer portal its what 2021 has become so embrace it

HerdBot
03-09-2021, 01:58 AM

2 year Juco players are almost always a bust. 1 year players are even lower. It takes a year to learn the system. By the time he learns he will be gone. Now if we can squeeze an extra year it's slightly better.. Meanwhile we could lose out on a quality 4 year development player. For that reason I don't like this signing at all unless he is a walk on. Bad roster management IMO. How about a corner or running back? The only time I like a transfer is 3 years of eligibility

G_Funky
03-09-2021, 01:58 PM
Anyway we use him in the slot to create some match up problems? Same way we used to use Illies and Albers by creating some mismatches by personnel groupings. Both those guys were considered tight ends but I recall Illies doing very little blocking in the box.

NDSUBowler
03-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know if he can just come in and play right away since it seems like he didn't play fall season?

Maybe that is why it was said he may potentially be able to play 2 seasons?

roadwarrior
03-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know if he can just come in and play right away since it seems like he didn't play fall season?

Maybe that is why it was said he may potentially be able to play 2 seasons?

Gabe was just on the Hot Mic show with Izzo.

He said that he will be playing this fall. Will need to ask for a medical waiver for another year. He missed an entire season and most of another with a foot injury.

ByeSonBusiness
03-09-2021, 03:29 PM
2 year Juco players are almost always a bust. 1 year players are even lower. It takes a year to learn the system. By the time he learns he will be gone. Now if we can squeeze an extra year it's slightly better.. Meanwhile we could lose out on a quality 4 year development player. For that reason I don't like this signing at all unless he is a walk on. Bad roster management IMO. How about a corner or running back? The only time I like a transfer is 3 years of eligibility

Every school in America is changing their approach to transfers. Love or hate... its here.

reformedUNDfan
03-09-2021, 03:36 PM
Every school in America is changing their approach to transfers. Love or hate... its here.

NDSU gets 3 transfers, one of which is a legacy, and the other two in a badly decimated position (QB) and we are Transfer U now

Snowgoose
03-09-2021, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know if we can lineup 10 TE's and one QB?

Kevin
03-09-2021, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know if we can lineup 10 TE's and one QB?

Given the current play of qb's can we just make it 11 TE's?

Snowgoose
03-09-2021, 03:52 PM
That is one way to guarantee more passes to the TE.

If a TE lineups at full back with a number in the 40's does that make him a fullback in this new high powered offense?

EC8CH
03-09-2021, 03:53 PM
NDSU gets 3 transfers, one of which is a legacy, and the other two in a badly decimated position (QB) and we are Transfer U now

Exactly. Every transfer picked up by NDSU has some pretty clear explanations. By no means has the core of their recruiting and development planning changed.

tolnabison
03-09-2021, 04:06 PM

And the fourth transfer no one talks about is in our DE rotation, Brayden Thomas. Has 9 tackles, 1 sack, a blocked field goal, and 2 TFLs.

TAILG8R
03-09-2021, 04:26 PM
And the fourth transfer no one talks about is in our DE rotation, Brayden Thomas. Has 9 tackles, 1 sack, a blocked field goal, and 2 TFLs.

What a chump.

JMB
03-09-2021, 05:05 PM

Stay Cocky!

bruinbison
03-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Here is a post by TSF from Feb 3, 2016 - about losing Gabe Lloyd to Wisconsin:

King Frazier is an interesting comparison as he was also recruited as a high schooler by NDSU before going FBS (Nebraska).
So a guy the coaches had familiarity with and a history with, similar to Gabe Lloyd.
Gives a background to the story. Would also guess Lloyd is walking on due to the smaller senior class plus the number of scholly TE’s on the roster and on the way (Finn Diggins). No senior TE’s on the roster.

Coach Entz has several times referred to how, with the change in transfer rules, NDSU probably would do more recruiting in that area. Jay recently mentioned the coaches are looking for a transfer portal RB.
Jabril Cox, unfortunately, will not be the last Bison to transfer......

Coming soon from the NCAA, the one time transfer option......

Professor Chaos
03-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Might want to get used to more transfers, in both directions, moving forward: https://247sports.com/college/rutgers/Article/NCAA-one-time-transfer-rule-2021-2022-season-162073163/

HerdBot
03-09-2021, 05:53 PM
He was on Dom Izzo's show today. He's very confident he will get an extra year from a medical redshirt which makes this a better situation. Physically he's already the dude. Mentally he's smarter than most and an experienced player so we could get 1 good year out of him as a position player, maybe some playing time later in the year next year

THEsocalledfan
03-10-2021, 02:27 PM

Man, I was Nostradamus on that post!!!!!

heffray
03-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Man, I was Nostradamus on that post!!!!!

I award you 1 rep. Now, go ye and spread the good news of the Bison to all nations.

Jay
03-15-2021, 01:16 PM
Really good interview here...

Former Wisconsin TE Gabe Lloyd on losing his scholarship, transferring to NDSU and why it was all worth it
https://theathletic.com/2443528/2021/03/15/former-wisconsin-te-gabe-lloyd-on-losing-his-scholarship-transferring-to-ndsu-and-why-it-was-all-worth-it/?source=user_shared_article

Professor Chaos
03-15-2021, 01:44 PM
Former Wisconsin TE Gabe Lloyd on losing his scholarship, transferring to NDSU and why it was all worth it
https://theathletic.com/2443528/2021/03/15/former-wisconsin-te-gabe-lloyd-on-losing-his-scholarship-transferring-to-ndsu-and-why-it-was-all-worth-it/?source=user_shared_article
Great testimonial on why some guys who transfer take too much crap about lack of loyalty and the like. A scholarship is year-to-year and a school can pull it whenever they want to with the player having little to no say in it. If the NCAA wants to make and enforce rules that dissuade transferring or punish student-athletes who transfer then the school should have to make a 4-5 year scholarship commitment when a recruit signs his NLI.

steelbison
03-16-2021, 01:54 AM

Agree 100 percent!

Jay
02-03-2022, 01:51 AM
No longer with the program. Couldn’t get another year of eligibility.

NDSU1980
02-03-2022, 01:58 AM

Saw that in the Forum. Shouldn't the extra covid year apply even if he was injured? Obviously it didn't.

reformedUNDfan
02-03-2022, 07:42 PM

Im glad he got a ring, wish he coulda played more

OrygunBison
02-04-2022, 06:36 PM
Im glad he got a ring, wish he coulda played more

Wow, I didn't know he actually played this year. I must have missed it...

bisonforever
02-04-2022, 07:01 PM
He didn’t! Ten char

Herd
02-05-2022, 10:21 AM
He didn’t! Ten char

Seemed like every time I looked for him at Wisconsin, he was injured. He comes here and . . . Injured. I don’t know why, but he could never get/stay on the field. Seems like his weight never got past 225-230 too which always surprised me for a guy coming in at 215. TEs come to NDSU all the time at 6’5 215-220, and they leave at 245-255. Would have liked to see 5 years of Kramer.

It was a tough go of it for Gabe. I wish him well after football.

ByeSonBusiness
02-05-2022, 06:27 PM
Seemed like every time I looked for him at Wisconsin, he was injured. He comes here and . . . Injured. I don’t know why, but he could never get/stay on the field. Seems like his weight never got past 225-230 too which always surprised me for a guy coming in at 215. TEs come to NDSU all the time at 6’5 215-220, and they leave at 245-255. Would have liked to see 5 years of Kramer.

It was a tough go of it for Gabe. I wish him well after football.

Guessing its tough to put on weight when you are not healthy. Maybe just not really his body type too. Who knows.

HerdBot
02-06-2022, 03:20 AM
Guessing its tough to put on weight when you are not healthy. Maybe just not really his body type too. Who knows.

Sometimes coaches will project height and frame based on parents and Doug was a good 4 inches shorter. Some guys are just lankier. But I think he was plenty big to play TE as a pass catcher. His problem was trying to learn an offense is 1 football season. That's why I'm never a fan of a 1 year transfer. 2 or 3 years is worth it in some cases since we play long ass seasons. Either way good luck to him

PickedBess
02-06-2022, 07:20 AM

Ok.
Grand Forks is the Youngstown of North Dakota.