PDA

View Full Version : K-State's new football complex

moosbah
08-06-2015, 02:32 PM
In case you haven't seen this, it's pretty damn nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVEf6TeQes

westnodak93bison
08-06-2015, 02:37 PM
They could have invited us back to spoil it and give us another fireworks display

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
08-06-2015, 02:40 PM
The wow factor is really getting out of control. Some day we'll go out and get an ipf, which probably won't cost as much as some of these schools locker rooms. But hats off if they are able to raise the money privately.

moosbah
08-06-2015, 02:42 PM
The wow factor is really getting out of control. Some day we'll go out and get an ipf, which probably won't cost as much as some of these schools locker rooms. But hats off if they are able to raise the money privately.

They have another section of it to finish next off season, then they move on to the next phase.

MNLonghorn10
08-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Looks sick. No power towels though

Tatanka
08-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Looks sick. No power towels though

That's part of the next phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4

moosbah
08-06-2015, 03:48 PM
That's part of the next phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4

Anything Ron Prince related is null and void at K-State.

westnodak93bison
08-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Waste of money

EC8CH
08-06-2015, 04:03 PM
How awesome would their 2013 season opener look playing on those screens above the stairs?

Bison03
08-06-2015, 04:41 PM
At FBS schools with millions and millions of dollars to spend, it's just a big dick measuring contest. But it is a calculated contest since facilities is the deal maker or breaker for a lot of kids. At the FCS level, facilities are still very important but I'll still take a full trophy case over marble floors in the bathroom.

westnodak93bison
08-06-2015, 06:21 PM
At FBS schools with millions and millions of dollars to spend, it's just a big dick measuring contest. But it is a calculated contest since facilities is the deal maker or breaker for a lot of kids. At the FCS level, facilities are still very important but I'll still take a full trophy case over marble floors in the bathroom.
If bells and whistles, especially over the top crap is what it takes to get a highly touted recruit I would question their sense of judgement. Pass cause they may be the kind of knucklehead that would blow their money and be bankrupt lickety-split.

MNLonghorn10
08-06-2015, 06:52 PM
At FBS schools with millions and millions of dollars to ,
did you goto the kstate game? that campus is really nice. limestone basically everywhere. super clean through and through. they have the money outside of just football facilities to look spectacular.

NDSU could take a page or two.

please please please dont respond with something about FCS national championships when talking about an established P5 school. please.

BisonNation11
08-06-2015, 07:14 PM
That facility is just sick! Do the kids need it? No. Does the school have to have it? No. But they do have to spend the money so might as well make your campus and it's facilities as nice as you can afford. I wish NDSU had the money to build something like that. Doesn't mean the coaches would stop recruiting quality kids. They'd just be quality kids with better talent/size.

westnodak93bison
08-06-2015, 07:22 PM
If bells and whistles, especially over the top crap is what it takes to get a highly touted recruit I would question their sense of judgement. Pass cause they may be the kind of knucklehead that would blow their money and be bankrupt lickety-split.

Bison Loaf
08-06-2015, 07:25 PM
In case you haven't seen this, it's pretty damn nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVEf6TeQes

I bet they NEVER have their 2013 opener playing on those video screens at :15 in. :)

moosbah
08-06-2015, 07:59 PM

Snyder won't take those kids anyway. I'm sure he could give two shits about all this icing.

Bison Loaf
08-06-2015, 08:09 PM
How awesome would their 2013 season opener look playing on those screens above the stairs?

I bet they NEVER have their 2013 opener playing on those video screens at :15 in. :)

Whoops! EC8CH beat me to the thought, but proving that great minds think alike! :)

HerdBot
08-06-2015, 08:15 PM
That facility is just sick! Do the kids need it? No. Does the school have to have it? No. But they do have to spend the money so might as well make your campus and it's facilities as nice as you can afford. I wish NDSU had the money to build something like that. Doesn't mean the coaches would stop recruiting quality kids. They'd just be quality kids with better talent/size.

I agree. Once the kids get on campus, the program won't change. It will just wow a few more kids. The competition is ramping up recruiting. Why not do something to attract the next Marcus Williams, Billy Turner, Kyle Emmanuel, and John Crockett? In no way will it take away from what we do. Just enhance it and give us a bigger time feel than we al ready are.

moosbah
08-06-2015, 08:30 PM
I agree. Once the kids get on campus, the program won't change. It will just wow a few more kids. The competition is ramping up recruiting. Why not do something to attract the next Marcus Williams, Billy Turner, Kyle Emmanuel, and John Crockett? In no way will it take away from what we do. Just enhance it and give us a bigger time feel than we al ready are.

Unfortunately it's about keeping up with the SEC programs now. Doesn't matter how good your program is, you need some of the candy to tempt a kid you normally wouldn't have a shot at getting. IMO this is also a bid by KSU to separate itself from the shitshow in Lawrence. KSU has to market itself as a football school that brings revenue and provides a good TV game. Once they finish the renovations, that's going to be an amazing facility.

HerdBot
08-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Unfortunately it's about keeping up with the SEC programs now. Doesn't matter how good your program is, you need some of the candy to tempt a kid you normally wouldn't have a shot at getting. IMO this is also a bid by KSU to separate itself from the shitshow in Lawrence. KSU has to market itself as a football school that brings revenue and provides a good TV game. Once they finish the renovations, that's going to be an amazing facility.

I think we need to do something that will help us wow and continually beat the lower end FBS schools or the top FCS schools in recruiting. We still lose players to Illinois State, Youngstown, UNI, and occasionally SDSU. Wyoming is upping their recruiting. We win our fair share of battles with Mac schools but still not enough. We still lose a few to walkons at B1G teams. They need to walk on campus and be like, holy this not only is the program amazing but the facilities are as good or better than [enter mac or mountain west name] team here. Right now Youngstown and SDSU have impressive practice facilities. We have the dome, which is awesome, the bubble, which is ok but not amazing, and the fields by the SHAC which are really kind of meh.

Heck this is Youngstowns practice facility. Something like THIS on 19th Ave next to the Shac will wow potential student athletes. And heck we would still use the dome and open up the bubble for all the other sports. Something like this reeks big time.
http://www.ysusports.com/information/facilities/images/WATTS/watts-night.jpg

Herd
08-06-2015, 08:57 PM
How can one play with a "Hard Edge" when you facilities are "Squooshy Soft". Snyder, you are losing it. I smell another beatdown of an entitled K-state's FB team. Seriously, nice facilities.

moosbah
08-06-2015, 08:58 PM
How can one play with a "Hard Edge" when you facilities are "Squooshy Soft". Snyder, you are losing it. I smell another beatdown of an entitled K-state's FB team. Seriously, nice facilities.

I think we all would agree that we don't need anything that grand, but to have certain aspects of it would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally nice.

westnodak93bison
08-06-2015, 10:08 PM
I think we all would agree that we don't need anything that grand, but to have certain aspects of it would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeally nice.
How much is too much? I'm sure there is some appeal to sensible facilities and not wasting money over doing it. What next? Pedicure stations? Go retro Rocky in Rocky IV training. Get the tough kids. Anti Oregon if you will. Spend the money on coaching, recruiting budget and cost of attendance.

HerdBot
08-06-2015, 10:32 PM
How much is too much? I'm sure there is some appeal to sensible facilities and not wasting money over doing it. What next? Pedicure stations? Go retro Rocky in Rocky IV training. Get the tough kids. Anti Oregon if you will. Spend the money on coaching, recruiting budget and cost of attendance.

I get your point but all the SEC schools have shit like this and it's not like they are soft. Ask Ohio State if they are soft since they have fancy facilities. I think you need to find a middle ground. Practical enough not to piss money away just for the sake of spending it yet cool enough to wow the type kids we're trying to recruit. Every day we get complacent, another MVFC team will up their game whether it's for practice facilities, new stadiums, a larger budget for recruiting, or flat out just higher salaries. I think us having good facilities has already made SDSU realize they need some major upgrades to compete and they've done it. They were good even when they had shitty facilities.

westnodak93bison
08-06-2015, 11:57 PM
To make an analogy. If you need to spend wildly on a house to satisfy your wife you got the wrong wife. Need team oriented guys not star struck young kids. Also, look at some of the supposed big time recruits that didn't sign here or didn't work out here and try to find out where they ended up and you will find nothing more often than not. How is Brantley doing? Most were excited about him. How about Jacob Davis? Then there is that rb from Milwaukee. Or that qb that didn't do squat at Central Michigan. The point is take substance over style.

HerdBot
08-07-2015, 12:12 AM
To make an analogy. If you need to spend wildly on a house to satisfy your wife you got the wrong wife. Need team oriented guys not star struck young kids. Also, look at some of the supposed big time recruits that didn't sign here or didn't work out here and try to find out where they ended up and you will find nothing more often than not. How is Brantley doing? Most were excited about him. How about Jacob Davis? Then there is that rb from Milwaukee. Or that qb that didn't do squat at Central Michigan. The point is take substance over style.

Yeah that's a good point but then again 3 of the 5 Gophers oline starters were all recruited by us and I think only 1 got a scholarship and the other walked on and grey shirted.

Brantley got kicked off the team with Chuks AmechI who now plays in the SEC.

Point is just because you have nice facilities doesn't change the type of players we recruit

Also Ruiz at Youngstown comes to mind. Zach Zenner.(Nate Wolters if you wanna go Basketball ) Brian Hill at Wyoming. 2 of UNI'S starting dline man. If I did some digging I'm sure I could find plenty of players who would have been great additions.

It's like using a flashy car to get the attention of the dream wife. If your targeting the wrong wife your fucked anyways

westnodak93bison
08-07-2015, 12:18 AM
I wish someone would do a sagarin rating/football budget ratio comparison. Who do you suppose gets more points per buck? Where is that bisonaudit character?

HerdBot
08-07-2015, 12:35 AM
I wish someone would do a sagarin rating/football budget ratio comparison. Who do you suppose gets more points per buck? Where is that bisonaudit character?

You mean all the Big 12 teams or NDSU?

We do more with less when con pared to the big dogs. But it'd tough to say we spend a lot at the FCS level.

Comparing power 5 schools is like comparing Donald Trump to Mark Cuban

moosbah
08-07-2015, 03:24 PM
I think there's a middle ground to be reached. I don't think there's any need to go full Oregon on it, but little elements here and there go a long way. I think for the most part, our facilities and amenities for FCS are pretty damn good. However it's a reality that you have to always strive for more in every sense as a university. Look at what NDSU has done and is doing to improve facilities on campus. I don't think the staff will ever stop recruiting the character kids first. BUT, if you can increase your chances of pulling one of those kids away from a crappy FBS school with better facilities by putting some effort into stepping up our facilities a little, I think it's worth it. Should we have an indoor practice facility, absolutely. Does it need to rival YSU's or SDSU's, certainly. Does it need to rival someone like Alabama's, nope.

bisonaudit
08-07-2015, 04:38 PM

He thinks amateurism is a sham and that in the absence of a profit motive things like this proliferate for as long as some donor is willing to put their name on them in exchange for an ego stroke and a tax write-off.

HerdBot
08-07-2015, 04:43 PM
I think there's a middle ground to be reached. I don't think there's any need to go full Oregon on it, but little elements here and there go a long way. I think for the most part, our facilities and amenities for FCS are pretty damn good. However it's a reality that you have to always strive for more in every sense as a university. Look at what NDSU has done and is doing to improve facilities on campus. I don't think the staff will ever stop recruiting the character kids first. BUT, if you can increase your chances of pulling one of those kids away from a crappy FBS school with better facilities by putting some effort into stepping up our facilities a little, I think it's worth it. Should we have an indoor practice facility, absolutely. Does it need to rival YSU's or SDSU's, certainly. Does it need to rival someone like Alabama's, nope.

Considering SDSU's field is smaller than a regular football field, it shouldn't be that tough to match it. All the cool stuff they have in their facility we already will have in the SHAC, Dome, and indoor track facility. All we need is a building with a full sized field with a 2nd practice locker room (so players don't have to bring their stuff from the dome locker rooms), restrooms, storage, and maybe an on site taping or refueling station. I don't think we even need to move the coaching offices or the meeting rooms since we already have them in the dome and they are really nice to begin with.

Do it in 2 phases. Phase 1 would be the indoor practice field and practice locker rooms. Phase 2 we could do the coaching offices or a player lounge with pool tables and all the cool stuff the big dogs have. In a dream scenario you could add a building specifically to accommodate the campers in the summer or add a skywalk but I think that's kind of pussy.

At the end of the day with the bubble, IPF, ITF, and dome it would be the largest collection of indoor buildings from anywhere near by. I heard ML say that with the bubble it's the largest collection of indoor facilities from Minneapolis to seattle. That's a good way to wow people.

td577
08-07-2015, 09:45 PM
You mean all the Big 12 teams or NDSU?

We do more with less when con pared to the big dogs. But it'd tough to say we spend a lot at the FCS level.

Comparing power 5 schools is like comparing Donald Trump to Mark Cuban

Donald Trump net worth: $4B Mark Cuban net Worth: $3B A billion dollars is a lot of money. Is that a fair comparison? JK, they both could lose a couple of billion and still be filthy rich.

td577
08-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Considering SDSU's field is smaller than a regular football field, it shouldn't be that tough to match it. All the cool stuff they have in their facility we already will have in the SHAC, Dome, and indoor track facility. All we need is a building with a full sized field with a 2nd practice locker room (so players don't have to bring their stuff from the dome locker rooms), restrooms, storage, and maybe an on site taping or refueling station. I don't think we even need to move the coaching offices or the meeting rooms since we already have them in the dome and they are really nice to begin with.

Do it in 2 phases. Phase 1 would be the indoor practice field and practice locker rooms. Phase 2 we could do the coaching offices or a player lounge with pool tables and all the cool stuff the big dogs have. In a dream scenario you could add a building specifically to accommodate the campers in the summer or add a skywalk but I think that's kind of pussy.

At the end of the day with the bubble, IPF, ITF, and dome it would be the largest collection of indoor buildings from anywhere near by. I heard ML say that with the bubble it's the largest collection of indoor facilities from Minneapolis to seattle. That's a good way to wow people.

When we build our bigger stadium, the dome could become the IPF.

HerdBot
08-08-2015, 12:46 AM
When we build our bigger stadium, the dome could become the IPF.

Thats the 500 million dollar question. Not chump change compared to a 10 million dollar IPF.

ByeSonBusiness
08-08-2015, 12:52 AM

A building to accommodate campers?? You mean Reed-Johnson?

HerdBot
08-08-2015, 12:55 AM
A building to accommodate campers?? You mean Reed-Johnson?

No not for sleeping. Space for other stuff. ... like I said a dream scenerio