PDA

View Full Version : Fan Day on August 18th

tony
07-27-2015, 04:33 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2015/7/27/ATH_0727150252.aspx

Fan Day is free and open to the public and will run from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome with Bison fall sports teams and coaches in attendance.

There will be inflatable games from Games Galore and an interactive zone, along with free NDSU yard signs, posters and autographs, prizes, schedule cards and more.

Bison03
07-27-2015, 04:49 PM
"The first 500 fans in attendance will receive a T-shirt courtesy of Great Clips."

Oh good, I was wondering if there was going to be another thing the out of towners could bitch about. :)

gumby013
07-27-2015, 05:05 PM
"The first 500 fans in attendance will receive a T-shirt courtesy of Great Clips."

Oh good, I was wondering if there was going to be another thing the out of towners could bitch about. :)

I've got meetings in Chicago that day. It's discriminatory to those of us who have to travel.

Tatanka
07-27-2015, 05:20 PM
How many priority points do I need in order to get a yard sign? Will I be able to attend this and the Jersey Boys in the same evening? Will they sell beer?

Sent from my online-only virtual dorm room.

MrSnuffleupagus
07-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Get video editing at the 53 second mark of some kid picking a wedgie out. Classic.

StL Bison Fan
08-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Here is your Fan Day poster.

roadwarrior
08-03-2015, 08:55 PM

That poster is way too small.

SDbison
08-03-2015, 09:05 PM

5949 So is there some hidden numerical game to this poster. I see #11, #12, #13 and #14 all in a row........(very tricky putting the higher numbers on either side).

tony
08-03-2015, 09:10 PM

What? Is it a poster for ants?

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2639/4012532127_0ba654fb79_o.jpg

Tatanka
08-03-2015, 09:11 PM
So is there some hidden numerical game to this poster. I see #11, #12, #13 and #14 all in a row........(very tricky putting the higher numbers on either side).

I think you know the answer to that. :D

So, how many players would SDSU have on a similarly designed poster? I bet it's the same number as UNI would have.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-03-2015, 09:13 PM
So is there some hidden numerical game to this poster. I see #11, #12, #13 and #14 all in a row........(very tricky putting the higher numbers on either side).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/National_Treasure_Soundtrack.jpg

coloradobison
08-03-2015, 09:15 PM

So, how many players would SDSU have on a similarly designed poster? I bet it's the same number as UNI would have.

Can we be sure? Wouldn't they be behind a garage door?

Tatanka
08-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Can we be sure? Wouldn't they be behind a garage door?

This is a correct answer.

StL Bison Fan
08-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Thats the best i could do at the time

One more than ndsu has on this one.

StL Bison Fan
08-03-2015, 10:23 PM
uni does not have posters yet. They just bought the paint yesterday

Tatanka
08-03-2015, 11:05 PM
One more than ndsu has on this one.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/suevey_says_x.jpg

Nice effort, but we aren't reading the fine print on the bid today.

1998braves64
08-04-2015, 01:49 AM

All numbers are the 2 digit years of NDSU championships... I'm guessing everyone already caught that though?

StL Bison Fan
08-04-2015, 02:05 AM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/suevey_says_x.jpg

Nice effort, but we aren't reading the fine print on the bid today.

The bunnies just wouldn't have years on theirs

Tatanka
08-04-2015, 02:14 AM
The bunnies just wouldn't have years on theirs

No, the jerseys have sleeves and are not made of flannel. Also no Bison helmet hanging from top of poster.

StL Bison Fan
08-04-2015, 02:27 AM
No, the jerseys have sleeves and are not made of flannel. Also no Bison helmet hanging from top of poster.

This has much truth

MrSnuffleupagus
08-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Today is the day.

Is anyone having something interesting signed?

stevdock
08-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Today is the day.

Not the most interesting, but while my son is at football practice tonight, my daughters and I are going through the line to get a football signed for him for his birthday. This has been his favorite birthday present the last three years.

stevdock
08-18-2015, 02:13 PM

This was one of the coolest ideas for a poster they've had. Took me a little while to exactly figure out what they were getting at, but just awesome.

Bison03
08-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Today is the day.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv4k7yjJtw1qbha9co1_500.png

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/4/12/18/enhanced-buzz-3838-1365804190-31.jpg

StL Bison Fan
08-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Anyone want me to pick up posters??

BisonNation11
08-18-2015, 08:09 PM
Anyone want me to pick up posters??

Yes please!!! Dinner with the grand parents tonight so can't make it. If you get one signed, I'll make it up to you

StL Bison Fan
08-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Yes please!!! Dinner with the grand parents tonight so can't make it. If you get one signed, I'll make it up to you

I will try. Sometimes they get get just as pissy about signing two as they do talking about beer.

BisonNation11
08-18-2015, 08:23 PM
I will try. Sometimes they get get just as pissy about signing two as they do talking about beer.

You just politely remind them who's paying for the player's scholarships, who's paying for the tailgating parking spaces and who's getting, in the words of the Bot, bat sh*t crazy in the stands to help the success of the team.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-18-2015, 10:05 PM
...what a cluster f***

Tatanka
08-18-2015, 10:33 PM
Holy balls. Lobby is jam packed. People arriving by the dozens. I sure as hell hope herdbot gets his yard sign.

Bison03
08-18-2015, 10:51 PM
They won't run out of yard signs. 2 years ago they did and people were pissed. Last year they had plenty a available.

80ALUM
08-19-2015, 02:10 AM
I hope they plan on bringing some yard signs out to other communities. Specifically, the hometown of the starting quarterback.....:biggrin:

gotts
08-19-2015, 03:00 AM
I hope they plan on bringing some yard signs out to other communities. Specifically, the hometown of the starting quarterback.....:biggrin:

Can you drop one off at my place? Thanks!

Tony Almeida
08-19-2015, 03:07 AM
The lines were crazy, waited over 2 hours to get Wentz to sign a game used football and a full sized helmet.

bisonfanette
08-19-2015, 03:07 AM
OMGosh ~ The autograph session before the Spring game flowed so nicely, compared to this.
Carson & Easton sat at the last table during that session.
Today the volleyball & soccer players were signing posters too, but what a bottleneck at the first corner!
Carson (and Vraa) sat at the first table. Once you got past them (took us an hour or so)... then the line moved along quickly. (Don't get me wrong... it was well worth the wait!)

StL Bison Fan
08-19-2015, 03:26 AM
They won't run out of yard signs. 2 years ago they did and people were pissed. Last year they had plenty a available.

They ran out of yard signs! And i am a TM. Not fair! :hide:

The Cuda
08-19-2015, 03:52 AM
it's nice to know someone, gonna pick my sign up tomorrow with no lines

westnodak93bison
08-19-2015, 04:08 AM
Glad they had it mid week. Real convenient.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
08-19-2015, 05:41 AM
Holy balls. Lobby is jam packed. People arriving by the dozens. I sure as hell hope herdbot gets his yard sign.

I was there about 3pm to pick up my season tix and there were 20 people in line already. Guess who was #1?

Mr Meaty
08-19-2015, 11:23 AM

Do you not have enough PP to get one?

Thundering Herd
08-19-2015, 11:28 AM

I see what you did there...

MNLonghorn10
08-19-2015, 12:16 PM
I was there about 3pm to pick up my season tix and there were 20 people in line already. Guess who was #1?
tjamz or hando?

Bison03
08-19-2015, 01:57 PM

They didn't run out until after 7 so if you were there sooner, you were able to get one. The problem was is they let you get one per person; meaning if you and your wife and your 3 kids were going through the line, you could get 5!! You could also just go back in line and get another one as well. I'm sure anyone who didn't get one will be able to get one later. All in all, a great fan day as always. Talked with Matt Larsen. Asked him what his thoughts were on his first fan day. He simply said he continues to be impressed with how passionate this fan base is.

Tatanka
08-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Well, the kids had a blast at Fan Day. Always entertaining to watch the first year players signing autographs freaking out about how many people were in line just to come see them. Overall the lines moved fairly well... it was fun to visit with other fans and friends while waiting, so I didn't really care about the lines. This year's schedule posters are, simply put, fantastic. VB and Soccer as well.

Can't wait for the day when the winter / spring sports get a similar level of attention. I think it's coming, although slowly.

Overall, nice effort by the staff, and thanks to the players and coaches for taking the time out for this event. It means a lot to the kids and to the community, and it should also reinforce the message of responsibility and strong character when the players see how much they're looked up to...

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2015, 02:20 PM
They didn't run out until after 7 so if you were there sooner, you were able to get one.

Although this is technically true...it's not really.

I was there at 4:30...sat in line. 5:30 rolls around, moved downstairs, went immediately, you guessed it, back in line. The signature line moved EXTREMELY slow. So unless you had a bunch of people running around standing in all the lines for you, it was really one or the other; stand in line for an autograph for 2 hours, or go stand in line for a yard sign, then get to stand in line for an autograph for 3 hours.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2015, 02:24 PM
This year's schedule posters are, simply put, fantastic. VB and Soccer as well.

I appreciate the fact that the posters are free and they put effort into them. However, I'm going to have to disagree with you. My girlfriend, as well as a few friends are graphic designers (mostly); and they cringe at our poster. There is A LOT going on. I think once it has signatures all over it kinda distracts from the overall clutter of the poster.

TL;DR - signed posters look pretty good. On their own...not so much. Personally, I think the soccer and volleyball posters are much better.

StL Bison Fan
08-19-2015, 02:26 PM
They didn't run out until after 7 so if you were there sooner, you were able to get one. The problem was is they let you get one per person; meaning if you and your wife and your 3 kids were going through the line, you could get 5!! You could also just go back in line and get another one as well. I'm sure anyone who didn't get one will be able to get one later. All in all, a great fan day as always. Talked with Matt Larsen. Asked him what his thoughts were on his first fan day. He simply said he continues to be impressed with how passionate this fan base is.

We chose to go get autographs first. Not heartbroken about the sign as on gameday we put up the original gameday sign.
Snuffy had Carson sign his Ginger J poster- it created quite the stir. Poor Carson was so red faced.

SDbison
08-19-2015, 02:59 PM
We chose to go get autographs first. Not heartbroken about the sign as on gameday we put up the original gameday sign.
Snuffy had Carson sign his Ginger J poster- it created quite the stir. Poor Carson was so red faced. Awesome.......LOL!

SDbison
08-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Well, the kids had a blast at Fan Day. Always entertaining to watch the first year players signing autographs freaking out about how many people were in line just to come see them. Overall the lines moved fairly well... it was fun to visit with other fans and friends while waiting, so I didn't really care about the lines. This year's schedule posters are, simply put, fantastic. VB and Soccer as well.

Can't wait for the day when the winter / spring sports get a similar level of attention. I think it's coming, although slowly.

Overall, nice effort by the staff, and thanks to the players and coaches for taking the time out for this event. It means a lot to the kids and to the community, and it should also reinforce the message of responsibility and strong character when the players see how much they're looked up to... So jealous........if this event was on a weekend I would drive up for it. Crap, it sucks living down here in bunny land. Never going to get a poster or yard sign unless Tatanka gets one for me as usual.

Tatanka
08-19-2015, 03:02 PM
I appreciate the fact that the posters are free and they put effort into them. However, I'm going to have to disagree with you. My girlfriend, as well as a few friends are graphic designers (mostly); and they cringe at our poster. There is A LOT going on. I think once it has signatures all over it kinda distracts from the overall clutter of the poster.

TL;DR - signed posters look pretty good. On their own...not so much. Personally, I think the soccer and volleyball posters are much better.

OK, fair. I award it no style points. But I still like it quite a bit.

Tatanka
08-19-2015, 03:02 PM
So jealous........if this event was on a weekend I would drive up for it. Crap, it sucks living down here in bunny land. Never going to get a poster or yard sign unless Tatanka gets one for me as usual.

You're covered, sir.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Anyone actually worried about not getting a yard sign; I'm sure if you call up the Alumni center, they have 10,000 of them.

StL Bison Fan
08-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Anyone actually worried about not getting a yard sign; I'm sure if you call up the Alumni center, they have 10,000 of them.

how much do I have to donate?

Bison Loaf
08-19-2015, 03:27 PM
how much do I have to donate?

The same amount as the "move-up to FBS now" brigade does. I think you can handle it. ;)

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2015, 03:34 PM
You know...in the FBS, they don't ever run out of yard signs. Just say'n.

roadwarrior
08-19-2015, 03:35 PM
I thought the fans did a pretty good job of keeping an orderly line in the lobby prior to the doors opening. People in line were directing those just entering that the end of the line is "somewhere over there". When they opened the escalator, the lines kept intact and the people slowly made their way downstairs. That wouldn't happen in most places in this country. I noticed that the few dome staff in the lobby backed away from helping once over 200 people were there. Probably because the way they started the lines was doomed from the beginning.

Bison_Pyro
08-19-2015, 03:39 PM
I thought the fans did a pretty good job of keeping an orderly line in the lobby prior to the doors opening. People in line were directing those just entering that the end of the line is "somewhere over there". When they opened the escalator, the lines kept intact and the people slowly made their way downstairs. That wouldn't happen in most places in this country. I noticed that the few dome staff in the lobby backed away from helping once over 200 people were there. Probably because the way they started the lines was doomed from the beginning.

It was pretty calm and orderly. Although, the lines they developed were a bit confusing and reminded me of the back and forth lines like going thru the TSA checkpoints at major airports.

EC8CH
08-19-2015, 03:42 PM

I think the event has grown to the point where a bit more order and planning is needed. For the most part people do their best to be accommodating and understanding that its impossible to form a perfectly orderly line in the lobby packed full of people. I would hate to see someone get bent out of shape though because someone can't find the end of the line in a maze of people.

I walked in the door at 5:30 and just followed the person in front of me. I honestly have no idea if it was the back of the line or if I cut in front of people who came through the door before me.

TransAmBison
08-19-2015, 03:43 PM
As I was walking through the line I noticed NOSIB sitting in the corner. Apparently, "Don't you know who I am," does not get you to the front of the line. I don't know how long the time out lasted, but I did seem him on the field (with yard signs) later on.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Apparently, "Don't you know who I am," does not get you to the front of the line.

Did you tell them your post count? That always seems to work to get around those pesky lines.

Tatanka
08-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in my representation... Might be time to review some contracts. DYNWIA should have absolutely been all that's necessary.

StL Bison Fan
08-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in my representation... Might be time to review some contracts. DYNWIA should have absolutely been all that's necessary.

I did notice your better half had a nice place in line. Was it something you said? :rofl:

BlueBisonRock
08-19-2015, 05:15 PM
So jealous........if this event was on a weekend I would drive up for it. Crap, it sucks living down here in bunny land. Never going to get a poster or yard sign unless Tatanka gets one for me as usual.

Try living at the intersection of Gopher and Badger country, along with the Iowas, with some Winona and Mankato thrown in. Thank the good Lord for Bisonville!

SDbison
08-19-2015, 05:22 PM
As I was walking through the line I noticed NOSIB sitting in the corner. Apparently, "Don't you know who I am," does not get you to the front of the line. I don't know how long the time out lasted, but I did seem him on the field (with yard signs) later on. I hear he is changing his Bisonville user name to AKNATAT.

bisonfanette
08-19-2015, 05:33 PM

I have an extra if you would like it! You need one at the wedding! My gift to YOU!
(Hard to manage the yard signs & then stand in the autograph line, so one from our group took them all back to the vehicle.)

SDbison
08-19-2015, 05:37 PM
I have an extra if you would like it! You need one at the wedding! My gift to YOU!
(Hard to manage the yard signs & then stand in the autograph line, so one from our group took them all back to the vehicle.) Since StL Bison offered me a poster, maybe you have an extra yard sign for me?

StL Bison Fan
08-19-2015, 08:14 PM
(Hard to manage the yard signs & then stand in the autograph line, so one from our group took them all back to the vehicle.)

I would love the yard sign. Will not make the fest at scheels on thursday because of wedding.
They said this morning there will be signs at scheels on thursday.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2015, 09:11 PM
They said this morning there will be signs at scheels on thursday.

Oh thank god.

56BISON73
08-19-2015, 09:34 PM
tjamz or hando?

Nope......

bisonfanette
08-19-2015, 09:35 PM
I would love the yard sign.

You got it!
SD, did you see the post that Tatanka has one for you?
If that falls thru, let me know.

MNLonghorn10
08-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Oh thank god.

oh. Ive got nothin. those two were my first guesses for adults waiting in line to get a college athletes autograph.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-19-2015, 10:21 PM
oh. Ive got nothin. those two were my first guesses for adults waiting in line to get a college athletes autograph.

I saw who was first in line. Same who is always first in line...

pucknut9
08-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Could someone get Carson Wentz's autograph for me? That would be sweet.

mtoutfitter
08-19-2015, 11:06 PM
I saw who was first in line. Same who is always first in line...

Will you just tell me?

Christopher Moen
08-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Will you just tell me?

I'm guessing someone not named Darrell or goes by the username of griz1952.

A1pigskin
08-20-2015, 12:57 AM
I took the kids and they had fun.