PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Concordia/St. Paul Game

SUCB#27
08-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Just curious who is going get out to the FargoDome for the game on the 31st. *I'll be up there with a couple of friends and would love to have a few beers and meet some of you guys. Let me know.

Go Bison

IowaBison
08-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Taking the afternoon of from work. I'll be there with a party of about twenty. Of course it will probably be a small group until after 5.

haven't thought of a theme yet, although we are going to be drinking large quantities of booze out of coconuts.

(this thread should be moved to our house)

SUCB#27
08-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry, It's been a while since I've been on here.

IowaBison
08-17-2006, 01:59 PM
No big deal, except that you beat me to starting this thread by about five minutes!

I can't wait for the first game.

SUCB#27
08-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Great minds think alike I guess. I'm a rookie when it comes to tailgating so I'm open to all input. That and I need to talk about the first game with someone my wife is getting sick of it I think.

WYOBISONMAN
08-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Welcome Back SUCB#27! I really enjoy your insight into Bison Football......hang around and give your thoughts!!

IowaBison
08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I started a thread on tailgating pointers in our house.

SDbison
08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Can't believe the first game is only two weeks away. *Now the countdown will start to go really slow. *I plan to leave Sioux Falls early in the morning, buy some stuff at Scheels and Varsity Mart then get into the tailgate line at 1:45. *Does anybody remember, is it 5 hours before game time now? *Last year they gave us kids an extra hour for good behavior. * ::) * Maybe we will get another hour this year. * :-/ *I will be the well fed guy in his forties wearing a #23 home jersey. *I usually hang around Bisonguy and Bisonfan1 (you guys plan on getting to the tailgate lot on time this year)? *Also just to let you guys know I am fully stocked up on beer and rot gut whiskey. *Will be looking for Sambini and a free cup o' Mich Golden Light. * :) *Hope to see the Battlewagon, BisonBryce and TransAmBison out there too, not to mention Till and the Green Machine. *Hope to meet more of you this year and I will be on the lookout for you SUCB#27. *Find me and I'll buy you a beer or two while we talk Bison football. *Go Bison! *

WYOBISONMAN
08-17-2006, 02:59 PM
I will be the well fed guy in his forties wearing a #23 home jersey. * *

I think most of us in our 40s are well fed....... ;)

tony
08-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Rookie, huh? Well, 95% of Bison tailgaters are rookies too since hardly anybody tailgated before the beer prohibition got lifted.

Here are some ideas from Bison Insider:

What his wife won't let him buy (2005) (http://www.bisoninsider.com/oldbisonbeat7.html)
What his wife won't let him buy II (2006) (http://www.bisoninsider.com/oldbisonbeat12.html)

No opening game fun for me this year though so I can only look at tailgating gear.

IowaBison
08-17-2006, 03:06 PM
those gas powered blenders are awesome, louder than he!! though.

tony
08-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Too loud? Try this, you hippie :)

http://www.bikeblender.com/

IowaBison
08-17-2006, 03:24 PM
when will you learn that hydrocarbons are the enemy

blaah!!!

:)

Former_Hitman
08-17-2006, 03:45 PM
It's good to add another former Huskie Football Player to the Tailgating arena, SUCB#27

SUCB#27
08-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Hitman, if you are who I think you are it was awesome watching you play for both the huskies and the bison. Are you going to be at the game on the 31st?

TransAmBison
08-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Can't believe the first game is only two weeks away. *Now the countdown will start to go really slow. *I plan to leave Sioux Falls early in the morning, buy some stuff at Scheels and Varsity Mart then get into the tailgate line at 1:45. *Does anybody remember, is it 5 hours before game time now? *Last year they gave us kids an extra hour for good behavior. * ::) * Maybe we will get another hour this year. * :-/ *I will be the well fed guy in his forties wearing a #23 home jersey. *I usually hang around Bisonguy and Bisonfan1 (you guys plan on getting to the tailgate lot on time this year)? *Also just to let you guys know I am fully stocked up on beer and rot gut whiskey. *Will be looking for Sambini and a free cup o' Mich Golden Light. * :) *Hope to see the Battlewagon, BisonBryce and TransAmBison out there too, not to mention Till and the Green Machine. *Hope to meet more of you this year and I will be on the lookout for you SUCB#27. *Find me and I'll buy you a beer or two while we talk Bison football. *Go Bison! *
I will be there waiting in line with the rest of you...just not sure what vehicle I will be taking. *Would like to drive the Trans Am, but I am hoping to unveil my newest creation...a Bison Bar. *It is currently in paint...more to come...Who knows, I might even bring the Battlewagon if BisonBryce can't make it.

Till
08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
You better belieive I'm gonna be there with the van. Not sure when though since I'll be 9 days into a new job. Suppose I should set the tone right off the bat and tell them I'm going to the 'Dome and that's just the way it's gonne be.

IowaBison
08-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Good luck looking for a new job!!! :)

Former_Hitman
08-17-2006, 07:03 PM
SUCB#27,

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm hopeful to be somewhere before the game drinking some beers.....with my fellow old-haz been teammates

house_of_bison
08-17-2006, 07:59 PM
remember the rules....drink lots.....but do it in a plastic cup.....ill have a few of the 32oz mugs with me in the lot!!! *and im thinking of maybe doing the show from the lot starting at 5am......or is that a bit early.....

14 days!!!!!! :D

Bisonguy
08-17-2006, 08:19 PM

Hey now, I was waiting in line before the lots opened a few times last year.

I'll be there, but don't know how early. It might be more of a 'lite' tailgating for the CSP game, depending on when I can get away from work.

Swaghook
08-17-2006, 10:47 PM
those gas powered blenders are awesome, louder than he!! though.Not very economical. For under $200 you can buy a small gas powered generator and a blender. And the generator can be used for other purposes.

http://www.shopa1tools.com/images/products/77.jpg$150

http://static.ubid.com/mgen/vximg/scale.ms?args="3_500334828_0.jpg",300,300$17.00

99Bison
08-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Speaking of Davis, how many Bison fans can I expect there with me...? Just got flights yesterday.

How's the stadium?

BisonBryce
08-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Can't believe the first game is only two weeks away. Now the countdown will start to go really slow. I plan to leave Sioux Falls early in the morning, buy some stuff at Scheels and Varsity Mart then get into the tailgate line at 1:45. Does anybody remember, is it 5 hours before game time now? Last year they gave us kids an extra hour for good behavior. ::) Maybe we will get another hour this year. :-/ I will be the well fed guy in his forties wearing a #23 home jersey. I usually hang around Bisonguy and Bisonfan1 (you guys plan on getting to the tailgate lot on time this year)? Also just to let you guys know I am fully stocked up on beer and rot gut whiskey. Will be looking for Sambini and a free cup o' Mich Golden Light. :) Hope to see the Battlewagon, BisonBryce and TransAmBison out there too, not to mention Till and the Green Machine. Hope to meet more of you this year and I will be on the lookout for you SUCB#27. Find me and I'll buy you a beer or two while we talk Bison football. Go Bison!
I will be there waiting in line with the rest of you...just not sure what vehicle I will be taking. Would like to drive the Trans Am, but I am hoping to unveil my newest creation...a Bison Bar. It is currently in paint...more to come...Who knows, I might even bring the Battlewagon if BisonBryce can't make it.

You are welcome to take the BattleWagon my friend. Please empty my stuff out somewhere though. I still might make the trip!!!

roadwarrior
08-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Speaking of Davis, how many Bison fans can I expect there with me...? Just got flights yesterday.

How's the stadium?

There is always a good crowd of Bison fans at the Davis game. Their existing stadium is a dump, but a new one is under construction (for next year).

Bisonfan1
08-18-2006, 06:07 PM
"You are welcome to take the BattleWagon my friend. *Please empty my stuff out somewhere though. *I still might make the trip!!!"[/quote]

Well somebody bring the BattleWagon ! And hey Bison Bryce if its some neat "stuff" you have in the BattleWagon, we will empty it out for you in the West Lot ;D

99Bison
08-23-2006, 01:38 AM
There is always a good crowd of Bison fans at the Davis game. Their existing stadium is a dump, but a new one is under construction (for next year).

Thanks, I seem to remember a discussion about the stadium from last year.

broke_back_mnt
08-23-2006, 02:08 AM
My rig is just under 60' pick up and camper. Its just too big to tailgate, but its hell at the festivals and that motorcycle rally they have in South Dakota.