PDA

View Full Version : UC-Davis game on TV?

somebison
08-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Airwaves: UCD associate athletic director for media relations Mike Robles said Friday the chances of the TCU-UCD being shown on television were about 50-50.

TCU’s media relations department had said the game would be carried on The mtn., a new network venture between the Mountain West Conference and Comcast.

That has changed in previous weeks. Robles said the decision was out of UCD’s control, although there is some hope the program’s relationship with Comcast would swing the decision in their favor.
As for the home games, Comcast SportsNet West is looking at Nov. 4’s date against North Dakota State and Nov. 18’s Causeway Classic Sacramento State as candidates for broadcast. No final decisions have been made.

http://www.davisenterprise.com/articles/2006/08/20/sports/aggies/133spt2.txt

kchats
08-22-2006, 01:33 AM
Last time they broadcast the NDSU vs. UC-Davis game on Comcast I couldn't get it with my DirecTV SportsPak. I hope that changes if it is televised. If I can't get it on TV I'm hopeful that they will have a webcast capability at UC-Davis this season that NDSU can pick up. It would be great if the Great West could set something up like the Big Sky has where all schools provide webcast video that is broadcast with the radio broadcast of your choice. A fee to the fans university of choice should allow conference fans to receive the webcast for all conference teams.

sambini
08-22-2006, 03:07 AM
I sure hope WDAY picks it up++++++++++++

CK
08-22-2006, 01:51 PM
You couldn't get it b/c the site went live on Direct TV the day after the game - you could have seen the replay on Tuesday which was on DirectTV and later in the week. I'm guessing both those games will be on and you can see them on channel 656.

kchats
08-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the information. I'm hopeful I can watch it live and if I can't I'm hoping the game has a good enough outcome that I will enjoy watching on tape delay.

CK
08-23-2006, 04:53 AM
From everything I know the Aggies prioritized the games for Comcast and Sac St then NDSU were the top two games. The last two years CSN has shown three home games so I feel pretty good that both of those games will be on and Bison fans will be able to enjoy the game on DirecTV channel 656.

Hope they finalize this soon.

TheBisonator
08-23-2006, 02:24 PM
I recently got DTV with the Sports Pack, and Comcast Sports Sacramento (West) is on there, on Channel 656. Looks like I might only have to listen to four games on radio this year!! :P :P :P

mikelsch
08-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Kudos to UC-Davis and Comcast.

I can understand the Southern Utah and Stephen F. Austin games not being on TV, but seriously that Ball State game needs to be televised. Or I would even take the Georgia Southern game as a consolation prize. How can the Bison get another road game on TV this year??? WDAY?? Alumni Association??

tcbison
08-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Kudos to UC-Davis and Comcast.

I can understand the Southern Utah and Stephen F. Austin games not being on TV, but seriously that Ball State game needs to be televised. *Or I would even take the Georgia Southern game as a consolation prize. *How can the Bison get another road game on TV this year??? *WDAY?? *Alumni Association??

I have heard the Alumni Association Satellite game is the Minnesota game. So we will probably not be showing a game here in the Twin Cities.

Bison_Kent
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
I just saw this from the Davis board. The UC Davis game is on TV. Here is a link to the schedule. Going down the list, I see this channel is also showing the Minnesota game.

http://west.comcastsportsnet.com/ncaa-schedule.asp

IowaBison
08-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Any way that WDAY could air the Bison/Aggie game in North Dakota?

TheBisonator
08-24-2006, 03:05 AM
I just saw this from the Davis board. *The UC Davis game is on TV. *Here is a link to the schedule. *Going down the list, I see this channel is also showing the Minnesota game. *

http://west.comcastsportsnet.com/ncaa-schedule.asp

I didn't know the Sioux were playing UC Davis this year... >:(

kchats
08-24-2006, 03:21 AM
There is only one division I-AA team in North Dakota. They have it right on I-AA.org anyway. I'm sure the fans of UC-Davis know it is NDSU.

lakesbison
08-24-2006, 03:58 AM
I emailed them about that ABUSIVE< HATRED FILLED MISTAKE.....

mikelsch
08-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Any way that WDAY could air the Bison/Aggie game in North Dakota?

Unless it is really cheap to pick it up (with advertisers picking up the tab), I doubt WDAY would air the game. *Easy enough to watch on DirecTV at home or at a sports bar.

FYI - I just got a nice email back from ComCast - they recognized their mistake and will make the correction today.

IowaBison
08-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I know that I'll watch it.

I would like to have as many games on tv as possible. selfish me.