PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Football and Expectations

westnodak93bison
07-18-2015, 01:18 AM
What are your expectations for the 2015-2016 season? I think it's another National Championship. 5 peat is VERY realistic imho. Yes we have some big holes to fill on defense but.....Having a potential NFL top round draft pick at QB with solid 2nd and 3rd sting guys, solid offensive line with draft probable LT & capable 2nd string, highly touted RBs, proven WRs, proven coaching staff, All-America caliber punter, stud Long snapper, kick ass fan base and support. Who could think it is unrealistic to "expect" another FCS National Championship?

gumby013
07-18-2015, 01:29 AM
15-0

bisonaudit
07-18-2015, 01:35 AM
Considering that Sagarin evaluated NDSU as more than a touchdown better than every team in the post season last year and we were still just a shade over 50% to win it all when the tournament started, I'd say expecting another title may be a shade optimistic.

BisoninNWMN
07-18-2015, 01:38 AM
15-0

This here.

I cannot wait for the season to start....:biggrin:

Herd
07-18-2015, 02:32 AM
This season will be an absolute gauntlet, with every team gearing up to take us down. If you are predicting 15-0, I e got some money that's says no. At some point the Valley catches up, this can't go on forever. That said, winning the Valley is in our grasp, but 15-0 or 14-1 would be mind blowing. If anyone could make that miracle happen, it would be #11.

NDSU1980
07-18-2015, 02:52 AM
I'm thinking 14-1, with a loss at Youngstown. True, the title run will eventually come to end, but not this year.

CaBisonFan
07-18-2015, 03:13 AM
My expectation is an extremely high caliber of football...as is the custom. That's Bison Football.

The defense will surprise us with its toughness.

Every game will begin like a dogfight. No predictions yet...but I see no team that we should lose to.

El_Chapo
07-18-2015, 03:39 AM
this is the EASIEST schedule since 2005. I mean cmon, 15 point favorites vs montana, 3 big fluffy non conference.

UNI at homecoming
SDSU away after they lose QB/RB
Not playing Illinois State.

if NDSU loses a game, then its an embarrassment, we don't belong here, sorry guys its the truth.

GOBISON123
07-18-2015, 04:14 AM
Hungry for some trick plays , ��

ndsubison1
07-18-2015, 05:44 AM
Not expecting to go undefeated. One or two losses at most. Win Valley. Win again in Frisco. Offense should be very good and defense might not be great early, but better come late season. I think we are at the point where we should be expecting a title just about every season. The program has been built for sustained success in FCS. We are head and shoulders above every FCS program. Not saying we will win it every season, but should be in contention.

scottietohottie
07-18-2015, 08:56 AM
Not expecting to go undefeated. One or two losses at most. Win Valley. Win again in Frisco. Offense should be very good and defense might not be great early, but better come late season. I think we are at the point where we should be expecting a title just about every season. The program has been built for sustained success in FCS. We are head and shoulders above every FCS program. Not saying we will win it every season, but should be in contention.

Yeah yeah I don't think they will even punt (but if they have to they do have the best in the fcs to do it) but who do you expect these losses to come from? Montana new coach, Weber state, who,I think sdsu is going to be rebuilding this year, uni yeah right, coyotes, sycomers, salukis, more dogs, penguins, and bears oh my. I'm sorry but 2 losses doesn't involve a fifth natty because one of those losses will be in the playoffs.

You do realize the last couple years the 2 loss guys where picking a fbs team to beat the Bison because fbs teams should beat the Bison.

My prediction we will be arguing if this team is one of the greatest ever. 5 peat

BisoninNWMN
07-18-2015, 11:57 AM
This season will be an absolute gauntlet, with every team gearing up to take us down. If you are predicting 15-0, I e got some money that's says no. At some point the Valley catches up, this can't go on forever. That said, winning the Valley is in our grasp, but 15-0 or 14-1 would be mind blowing. If anyone could make that miracle happen, it would be #11.

Who says the Valley will catch up? Will other teams get better? Sure they will but not all of them. Conferences will always have doormats. Now, those doormats will probably change from year to year but IMO teams like USD, Missouri State, Ind State will most likely not be consistent conference title contenders. Heck, look at SIU. When Kill's players were finally gone, Lennon has done nothing at SIU. I think Ill State will be a middle pack conference team once Coprich and Roberson are gone. WIU has a good coach but can they move up and be a consistent conference title contender? UNI will always be tough with Farley there. SDSU with their new stadium improvements will continue to be a conference contender. YSU? We'll see how long Pellini stays.

I guess my point is that of course NDSU will not always go 15-0 or 14-1 and win the NC but they will/should always be a competitive team that challenges for the conference title and makes the playoffs consistently.

This '15 team has the potential to be very special, like the last 4 teams. Ya, the defense is unproven with a lot of new guys that will be starting but I believe they will be very good as the season progresses.

I'll take your bet!

Tatanka
07-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Who says the Valley will catch up? Will other teams get better? Sure they will but not all of them. Conferences will always have doormats. Now, those doormats will probably change from year to year but IMO teams like USD, Missouri State, Ind State will most likely not be consistent conference title contenders. Heck, look at SIU. When Kill's players were finally gone, Lennon has done nothing at SIU. I think Ill State will be a middle pack conference team once Coprich and Roberson are gone. WIU has a good coach but can they move up and be a consistent conference title contender? UNI will always be tough with Farley there. SDSU with their new stadium improvements will continue to be a conference contender. YSU? We'll see how long Pellini stays.

I guess my point is that of course NDSU will not always go 15-0 or 14-1 and win the NC but they will/should always be a competitive team that challenges for the conference title and makes the playoffs consistently.

This '15 team has the potential to be very special, like the last 4 teams. Ya, the defense is unproven with a lot of new guys that will be starting but I believe they will be very good as the season progresses.

I'll take your bet!

I think Missouri State will surprise some people... Perhaps as early as this year. Solid coaching staff they have assembled down there.

BisoninNWMN
07-18-2015, 01:35 PM
I think Missouri State will surprise some people... Perhaps as early as this year. Solid coaching staff they have assembled down there.

You may be right with them. We'll see.

I thought USD had a solid coaching staff also.

westnodak93bison
07-18-2015, 01:51 PM
They have no history. That is a big problem. But they have a relatively large metro area to tap into. If they could get some momentum through winning fan support could build rapidly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tatanka
07-18-2015, 04:24 PM
They have no history. That is a big problem. But they have a relatively large metro area to tap into. If they could get some momentum through winning fan support could build rapidly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They are a basketball school, and a baseball school, no doubt. Bit they've got a renovated stadium and a heck of a coaching staff. If they get a fan or two look out

Bison4ever56
07-18-2015, 08:48 PM
I know playing in Fargo during the playoffs is a huge advantage, but I kinda want to see a road playoff win this year :hide:

I think that could change the mind of a few skeptics that still don't think we are for real because we have home field advantage all the time.

DM05
07-18-2015, 08:58 PM
I think expecting to win a national championship every year is unrealistic. The playoffs are too unpredictable; one play goes differently and we lose to SDSU, Coastal Carolina, and ISUr. This team lost too many key contributors to be expected to win it all.

That being said, I think expecting to go 3-0 in non-conference, handing UND a 63-3 loss in front of the whole state, contending for the conference championship, and at least a trip to the quarterfinals or semifinals (depending on draw and seeding) are realistic expectations to put on this team.

It's hard as hell to go undefeated in the MVFC. 2011: lost two fumbles and gave up 450 yards in 3 point loss to YSU. 2012: threw two pick 6's and lost to ISUb. 2013: damn close to a loss to UNI. 2014: played poorly and barely beat WIU, played a bad game and lost to UNI. I just think there are too many variables present to expect 15-0. If the defense struggles early, the first two conference games are SDSU and UNI. Late road game at YSU will be tough.

Would I be incredibly surprised if we run the table? A little, but its not out of the question; we should be favored in every game we play. I think we will have a really good idea of expectations after the first three games. Hope to see a nearly unstoppable offense, and young defenders in the right positions and making few mistakes and getting better with every game.

StL Bison Fan
07-18-2015, 09:01 PM
I think expecting to win a national championship every year is unrealistic. The playoffs are too unpredictable; one play goes differently and we lose to SDSU, Coastal Carolina, and ISUr. This team lost too many key contributors to be expected to win it all.

That being said, I think expecting to go 3-0 in non-conference, handing UND a 63-3 loss in front of the whole state, contending for the conference championship, and at least a trip to the quarterfinals or semifinals (depending on draw and seeding) are realistic expectations to put on this team.

It's hard as hell to go undefeated in the MVFC. 2011: lost two fumbles and gave up 450 yards in 3 point loss to YSU. 2012: threw two pick 6's and lost to ISUb. 2013: damn close to a loss to UNI. 2014: played poorly and barely beat WIU, played a bad game and lost to UNI. I just think there are too many variables present to expect 15-0. If the defense struggles early, the first two conference games are SDSU and UNI. Late road game at YSU will be tough.

Would I be incredibly surprised if we run the table? A little, but its not out of the question; we should be favored in every game we play. I think we will have a really good idea of expectations after the first three games. Hope to see a nearly unstoppable offense, and young defenders in the right positions and making few mistakes and getting better with every game.

So, you wont be buying frisco tickets?

CaBisonFan
07-18-2015, 09:07 PM
I know playing in Fargo during the playoffs is a huge advantage, but I kinda want to see a road playoff win this year :hide:

I think that could change the mind of a few skeptics that still don't think we are for real because we have home field advantage all the time.We've earned those home playoff games the hard way...by playing better teams in our conference...with a couple of exceptions, of course.

DM05
07-18-2015, 09:11 PM
So, you wont be buying frisco tickets?

I would buy them immediately following an NDSU semifinal win.

North Side
07-18-2015, 09:24 PM
Defense wins championship and we don't have that anymore. Eastern Ill has an NFL quality QB but couldn't even make it to Frisco. I am think playoffs will be a struggle, but who knows if the defense grows over the year we could be in fine shape.

ndsubison1
07-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Yeah yeah I don't think they will even punt (but if they have to they do have the best in the fcs to do it) but who do you expect these losses to come from? Montana new coach, Weber state, who,I think sdsu is going to be rebuilding this year, uni yeah right, coyotes, sycomers, salukis, more dogs, penguins, and bears oh my. I'm sorry but 2 losses doesn't involve a fifth natty because one of those losses will be in the playoffs.

You do realize the last couple years the 2 loss guys where picking a fbs team to beat the Bison because fbs teams should beat the Bison.

My prediction we will be arguing if this team is one of the greatest ever. 5 peat

Depends on how defense plays early on and develops throughout season. Youre laughing at UNI when they beat us last season. YSU will be tough. It's the Valley/ Two losses and a natty is def. possible.

Tatanka
07-18-2015, 09:37 PM
Defense wins championship and we don't have that anymore. Eastern Ill has an NFL quality QB but couldn't even make it to Frisco. I am think playoffs will be a struggle, but who knows if the defense grows over the year we could be in fine shape.

I beg to differ that we don't have a defense.

BisoninNWMN
07-18-2015, 09:59 PM

You really believe this nonsense?

tjbison
07-18-2015, 10:02 PM
You really believe this nonsense?
I too am concerned about the D, but not to that extreme, we have 3 big fluffy teams to get the kinks out

D will be fine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
07-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Depends on how defense plays early on and develops throughout season. Youre laughing at UNI when they beat us last season. YSU will be tough. It's the Valley/ Two losses and a natty is def. possible.

The panthers are about do for an ass kicking. How did Youngstown and isu blue fair in the rematch after they beat the Bison the previous year.

I'm expecting to be buying a 5 peat shirt come January.

Also planning on wearing the oh four peats sake shirt under my tux at a wedding September 19th. The bride is an isu red grad should be a blast. Lucky for me it's a bye week.

BisoninNWMN
07-18-2015, 10:41 PM
I too am concerned about the D, but not to that extreme, we have 3 big fluffy teams to get the kinks out

D will be fine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There is no doubt that the defense will probably have some growing pains but these guys IMO will step up and become very good players. Schatz and Tanguay and DeLuca in the heart of the defense is a good start. CJ and Jordan will be very good CBs. Good core returning for the defense.

56BISON73
07-18-2015, 10:45 PM

???????????????????????????????????????????????? Eastern Ill ??????????????

pucknut9
07-18-2015, 11:02 PM
I will go with what Carson says. Need one for the thumb.

EC8CH
07-18-2015, 11:10 PM
Be they realistic or not... Expectations are one of the things that make Bison Football special.

Championship this year, and every year.

tjbison
07-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Be they realistic or not... Expectations are one of the things that make Bison Football special.

Championship this year, and every year.

I think we all know it won't h app en every year, but I still plan on buying Frisco tickets, already have the rooms

Just too damn much talent to bet against them yet, UNI will not be the same team as last year they implemented a complete new offense, SDSU lost its best back in history, but I see YSU being a hard game on the road and the redturds in the playoffs

natstar1
07-18-2015, 11:23 PM
???????????????????????????????????????????????? Eastern Ill ??????????????

I think he meant they "had" a NFL quality QB.

tjbison
07-19-2015, 12:13 AM
I think he meant they "had" a NFL quality QB.

And nothing else, if Jimmy had been on another team with better overall players he would have been better

StL Bison Fan
07-19-2015, 12:36 AM
If the rubes up north can put their faith in a guy named bubba, I can bet on Carson and company

SDbison
07-19-2015, 01:03 AM
Bison go 15-0, Pelini busts a blood vessel and YSU loses.

tjbison
07-19-2015, 01:44 AM
Bison go 15-0, Pelini busts a blood vessel and YSU loses.

This would be awesome.....All 3 are attainable

Bison Loaf
07-19-2015, 04:19 AM
14-1
14-1
15-0
15-1

After last season, in which we came into it with the loss of 24 seniors, an almost entirely new coaching staff including a new head coach and two new coordinators, and a very young and unproven group of players on offense……………………how can one NOT give these players, this coaching staff, and this program the benefit of any lingering doubts?!

I, for one, just simply won't hear of it. Until proven otherwise, this team "drives for 5" with a 14-1 or 15-0 record.

Let's get this damn thing started already!!!! THE. MARCH. IS. ON. …………………….!!!!!!

BYZEN
07-19-2015, 01:53 PM
14-1
14-1
15-0
15-1

After last season, in which we came into it with the loss of 24 seniors, an almost entirely new coaching staff including a new head coach and two new coordinators, and a very young and unproven group of players on offense……………………how can one NOT give these players, this coaching staff, and this program the benefit of any lingering doubts?!

I, for one, just simply won't hear of it. Until proven otherwise, this team "drives for 5" with a 14-1 or 15-0 record.

Let's get this damn thing started already!!!! THE. MARCH. IS. ON. …………………….!!!!!!

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

HerdBot
07-19-2015, 04:58 PM
My expectations are to compete for a MVFC conference title. If we win the conference we will have home field and then I like our chances.

No reason to think we won't be as good or better than any of our teams going back to 2010. Same systems. Same coaches. Same Kramer. Quality athletes.

LongLostAlum
07-19-2015, 05:00 PM
It's starting to feel like a major league baseball team going for its 5th straight title playing in a AAA league. That being said, I have no idea what this season will turn out like. I guess that's why they play them one at a time.

OrygunBison
07-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Same Kramer.

...'nuff said.