PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs UND front row raffle, I need some help.

WahpBison
07-17-2015, 01:16 AM
I'm normally just a fly on the wall in this room, I just love reading about Bison football, I never thought I had something to contribute or write about. Until now, I'm heading up a raffle for front row tickets against UND and other unique prizes. The cause is for Evan's Support, a charity we started after my four year old son Evan Vincent Schumacher passed away in February.

Our Mission is to help families facing a medical crisis, first by providing sleepable and comfortable furniture to hospitals for people that need to stay on hospital grounds to help a loved one fight. Second we are setting up a national collection of writer to help a parent who unfortunately needs to write their child's obituary. This part is sad and tragic, but it happens and we want to offer as much support as we can. Our ultimate goal is to help people through the very worst time in their lives.

We can only start this because Evan had so much love and compassion, it's hard to believe we were allowed to be his parents. And he loved NDSU, all sports, it was always the Bison. We want to honor our great son by helping people that are going through the worst of times, and show his love and compassion to others.

The raffle is for section 32, row A, seats 17&18. Second prize is a framed 2015 FCS championship panoramic signed by John Crockett. Third place is an engraved frame of Dachotah Field turf. And 4th is a full size authentic helmet. You can see them here www.facebook.com/evanssupport

I've been lucky enough to be apart of Bison Nation since I was about Evan's Age, The championship years and the 3 and 8 years. Bison games are where family memories are made and we have so many, but we can't believe we can't make anymore with Evan. So I'm asking for a bit of help, I need help trying to sell tickets to other Bison fans. Tickets are $20 or 3 for $50 and come in books of 10. If you'd like to help you can email me at stuart.schumacher@evanssupport.com or message us on Facebook. We even have an online purchase option on our GoFundME page www.gofundme.com/rp3kqw7y

I don't know how to wrap up, there is so much to say, to help you understand our struggle and mission. We do have more info on our Facebook page if you'd like to learn more, at the very least go to www.evanssupport.com and read about my son, he deserves to be remembered, and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You so much for reading this, Go Bison!
Stuart Schumacher

bisonfanette
07-17-2015, 04:35 AM
This is wonderful! Our hearts ached for you & your family when you lost your son. What a nice way to keep his memory alive! So if we go to the gofundme site... we can donate & enter the raffle? Nice. I will ck this out & share on my fb page. Thanks for posting!

WahpBison
07-17-2015, 04:58 AM
Thank You for the support, it means a great deal. Our goal is to offer parents what our NDSU family offered us, complete support. Our Evan is one of the two things that make up our world, and we will continue his legacy of love, compassion and best of all, throwing up the horns, Andrew almost has it down now too.

SamsRams
07-17-2015, 05:41 AM
Is anyone in the group social media savvy or wiling to create a Twitter page for this event? I will retweet the shit out of this to my 7000+ followers.

StL Bison Fan
07-17-2015, 01:35 PM
There is a game the day before. All tickets left will surely be bought in the tailgate lot. I know i will.

WahpBison
07-17-2015, 03:11 PM
That's our plan, if we can get permission from NDSU to go around tailgating. I know our tickets will be sold, but I want to make sure to offer the tickets to people that don't normally go to the games and tailgating. Everyone should experience Bison tailgating and the game day atmosphere.

tony
07-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Stuart, and good luck with this wonderful endeavor.

WahpBison
07-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Thank You, Tony

tjbison
07-17-2015, 05:55 PM
if there is one thing I know it's that NDSU fans are very generous when it comes to stuff like this, I know we raised some cash tailgating in Bozeman for a cops family during the 2010 playoff game.

I doubt you will have a difficult time selling them all.

THEsocalledfan
07-17-2015, 08:17 PM
I'd also suggest tweeting this at Josh Duhamel who has 975K followers. While I am not delusional to think every tweet he makes is done personally, he sure seems to care about ND stuff and I have trouble thinking many of those are not from him, personally. (He tweeted how he wished he was at the state fair, today.) I think he would tweet out a link to this. He is "@joshduhamel" on Twitter.

WahpBison
07-18-2015, 03:16 PM
We might try that, he seems like a sincere guy from North Dakota. Again Thank You to everyone that reads this, ticket sells are going good and we should have a great base of funding when this is all over, to really start helping more people.

BisonTeacher
07-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Stuart, Please check your Private Messages.

WahpBison
07-18-2015, 09:46 PM
I just did, didn't know how to access private messages right away, I'm slow but I can be trained. Thanks

pucknut9
07-18-2015, 11:10 PM
Just purchased my 3 tickets. Wish you all the best.

WahpBison
07-23-2015, 12:37 AM
Found out we can't sell tickets during Bison Tailgating, We can drop off tickets/books at tailgating that are confirmed prior sales that someone wanted us to hold onto instead of using our GoFundMe page to purchase tickets, but we can't walk around. That being said, tickets are selling good, and we already have donations of cool NDSU stuff for next year, SDSU front row as well. Thank You to everyone who shared and read about us. We are so proud to be a part of Bison Nation.

tjbison
07-23-2015, 01:08 AM
Found out we can't sell tickets during Bison Tailgating, We can drop off tickets/books at tailgating that are confirmed prior sales that someone wanted us to hold onto instead of using our GoFundMe page to purchase tickets, but we can't walk around. That being said, tickets are selling good, and we already have donations of cool NDSU stuff for next year, SDSU front row as well. Thank You to everyone who shared and read about us. We are so proud to be a part of Bison Nation.

it's illegal to sell raffle tickets at tailgating? I'm pretty sure I've been solicited to buy raffle tickets other than Teamakers many times

if that's the case see if BWW, Labbys or the turf will allow it gamedays

StL Bison Fan
07-23-2015, 01:09 AM
it's illegal to sell raffle tickets at tailgating? I'm pretty sure I've been solicited to buy raffle tickets other than Teamakers many times

Yes, iv had a young one come asking for StL. A certain BVer sent him. I bought the ticket and forgave the BVer cause he's an ok guy :biggrin:

ByeSonBusiness
07-23-2015, 01:10 AM
I'd also suggest tweeting this at Josh Duhamel who has 975K followers. While I am not delusional to think every tweet he makes is done personally, he sure seems to care about ND stuff and I have trouble thinking many of those are not from him, personally. (He tweeted how he wished he was at the state fair, today.) I think he would tweet out a link to this. He is "@joshduhamel" on Twitter.

Honestly, wouldn't put it past him to get involved. He might even buy a few ;)